The Buyer

00[13:25] <BobaFettuccine> An announcement blares over the intercom in the middle of class. Sweet, an excuse to skip class! A rather exhausted sounding male voice says<Goddamnit, tell me before you turn it on next time. *Coughing* Would the student's Athene, and Cecile please report to the gymnasium, along with any others who want to apply for this mission… It's going to be a rough one.>
[13:26] <@Silvors> Cecile blinked a few times before standing up and looking around her class sheepishly… then running off! She shot a text to Suzy saying that she was called to the office before going to grab her stuff and then run to the gym! Runny run run!
[13:26] <UltimixRed> Maya groaned, she actually had to study unlike these weirdoes who could spend all day doing whatever the fuck they wanted and still magically get good grades. They excuse themselves to gear up and head out, slinging Gladis their Scottish broadsword and shotgun to her back. "They didn't exactly call me, but fuck it. I've been outta the game too long."
[13:28] <Kadmus> Well, Tessa wants to break things and generally engage in unpleasant violence /against/ something for a change of pace. She makes sure her tools are stashed under her chair, pulls on her hoodie, and wheels off to the gymnasium. Cecile will be there, and it'll hurt, but with something else to focus on
[13:28] <Kadmus> it might help things.
[13:28] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal, Curious about these missions, and in need of money Gets up quietly, kisses the dog-tags around his neck, and makes his way to the gym
[13:29] <Antichthon> Uh oh, being called out by name, never a good sign. Much like Maya, Athene had to actually try in order to pass her classes. She and Maya had been in history together, and Maya excusing herself was folled by Athene doing the same. She returned to her dorm to gear up, and coincidentally ran into Maya yet again on the way to the gym. Athene gave her a warm smile, offered a hand.
[13:29] <Antichthon> "Hey. I'm Athene."
[13:30] <Antichthon> Maya knew that, of course. They'd just never been officially introduced.
[13:31] <UltimixRed> Maya looks surprised by the gesture but gives a casual smile "Maya, if you hadn't heard me scream it before. Looking forward to not dying with you." They were fitted to the gills with weaponry, all random sorts
00[13:31] <BobaFettuccine> In the gymnasium they'll see a man on a small platform, holding 5 manila envelopes. He's well tanned, wearing a tweed suit underneath a white labcoat with inkstains on the sleeves. His hair is dark, and slicked back, with grey streaks at the temples. He's got deep frown line wrinkles and perpetually concerned look on his face. As students filed into the gym he silently pointed at a few that he recognized who only ever came to these briefings to get out of class and shook his head. They shortly left. After a brief selection process only the five pc's were left in the gym. Athene and Cecile will recognize the man as the one who sent them to raid that facility awhile back.
[13:34] <@Silvors> Cecile's face paled at recognizing him. Oh /shit/. Was it that- yep. It was that facility.
[13:35] <Antichthon> In Athene's case, her weapons were in a huge pack on her snakeself; she preferred not to equip weapons until they were deemed absolutely necessary. Something about being a literal four ton snake person made people nervous enough. She did slide her ice-blue AR glasses into place as she entered the gym proper. Her smile fell when she recognized the man. She shot Cecile a quick look.
[13:35] <Antichthon> Yeah, she knew, too.
[13:35] <Kadmus> Tessa tries to avoid looking at Cecile, and instead wheels over so she's next to Athene, giving her friend a smile. Funny. It doesn't hurt quite so much when she's focussed on the job at hand.
[13:36] <UltimixRed> Well, the air in the room sure felt tense, though Maya keeps up the casual pretensions. "So, whose head do we need to smack into line?" She says with a chuckle, though her mind is racing [oooh fuck. fuck, if Cecile and Athene are scared…that's not good for me is it.]
[13:36] <@Silvors> Cecile didn't talk to Tessa because she wasn't supposed to talk to Tessa. She may have waved but, well, Athene was there. So no. She idly spun her knife in her hand and looked at Vanilla, who looked… angry. Which was weird from the normally placid doppelganger.
09[13:36] * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:thmq:iqvj:rwgz:ujnl:poum) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[13:37] <Antichthon> Athene gave Tessa an understanding smile. one that said, I'm here for you. What she actually said was, "Be prepared. This is going to get really bad." A nod, a squeeze of the shoulder, and then she slithered up to Cecile. "You going to be alright?" She whispered, concerned.
[13:38] <Antichthon> Keep in mind Athene's snakey tail curled around Tessa to give the girl a little comfort while Athene played relay between the two.
[13:38] <Kadmus> Well, how bad can it be? It's unlikely to top the things under the earth.
[13:38] <@Silvors> Cecile kept spinning her knife and looked at Athene with very distinct worry in her eyes before she nodded her head. "M-Maybe I-I won't accidentally d-disarm s-someone?" Cecile meant for it to be a funny joke but, well, the voice crack didn't help with that.
00[13:38] <BobaFettuccine> The man walks down to the five of them and hands each of them a manila envelope as he starts talking. "A couple months ago, we found out about an organization that was kidnapping students and other anomalies, experimenting on them, and then selling what was left to the highest bidder. The team we sent in retrieved the name of one of those bidders. We've managed to track him down. He may have more information that could lead us to the actual center of this organization's operations. So capture alive is preferrable. But lethatl force is authorized if necessary. This man is wanted in twelve countries for human trafficking, but, he lives in a remote area of Morocco. Which doesn't have an extradition policy."
[13:39] <Antichthon> A sad, sympathertic smile, and Athene wrapped Cecile in a brief hug. She was there for Cecile, too.
[13:40] <Antichthon> Athene looked over her folder, silent, hard.
[13:40] <UltimixRed> Maya's face steels, hand gripped on the sword that's been with her for years. "Fucking bastard." is all they mutter under their breath. She slices open the folder to look at its contents, almost assured she'll only understand the bits where people commit atrocities
[13:41] <@Silvors> Cecile did the same, but probably with less word comprehension and understanding.
[13:41] <Kadmus> Tessa looks at the folder too, face fixed and cold at the mention of human trafficking.
[13:41] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal opens the folder, with a more concerned expression coming over his face. He tries to put on a brave front but the fidgeting with his dogtags gives away his nerves
00[13:42] <BobaFettuccine> Inside the folder is an arial picture of an ENORMOUS mansion. It looks like it probably took billions of dollars to build. There is also a picture of a well dressed man with startlingly green eyes and bright red hair.
[13:42] <Antichthon> A kind hand on Micheal's shoulder, and an encouraging smile. She'd introduce herself later, for now that was hopefully enough.
[13:43] <UltimixRed> "We are allowed to commit acts that would lead to rampant property damage right?" Maya asks calm, hiding steel.
00[13:44] <BobaFettuccine> Dr. Statovisk begins to speak again. "Be careful, he buys anomalous artifacts and… well… Anomalies in order to defend his home. We aren't able to port inside or see inside. There could be anything in there and all of it's probably dangerous." A look to Maya, "Anything is permitted, this man lives outside of the law intentionally."
[13:44] <Kadmus> Tessa is already plotting exactly where the C4 needs to go to bring the place down most efficiently. It wouldn't be difficult.
[13:45] <UltimixRed> "Well…I vote we loot the shit outta him and donate the proceeds to the families affected."
[13:46] <Antichthon> "We'll neutralize the area, let the authorities decide what to do with his blood money." Athene didn't phrase it like a vote.
00[13:47] <BobaFettuccine> There's a very faint smile on the man's face and then he points to a table, on the table are five barriers and five runic bracelets, as well as… a shiny spear with hundreds of golden runes swirling over it's surface. "Gear up, we fly you out in twenty minutes." He then looks to micheal, "The spear is for you. Should help to overcome some of the lack of mission experience."
[13:48] <UltimixRed> "Isn't the fact that he escaped the authorities the problem in the first place. they'd just shove it into some stupid ass villa for another fucker like him." Maya wasn't trying to start an argument with the giant snake lady. Maya picks up a Runic shield bracelet.
[13:48] <UltimixRed> but she was certainly not afraid to try
[13:48] <Antichthon> Ouch, calling out the greenhorn. Athene tried not to wince.
[13:48] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods at the man, a slight smile on his lips looking at the weapon. He picks it up and examines it.
[13:50] <@Silvors> Cecile just shifts her weapons between various states. A knife, a sword, a spear, a club, just shifting through it to try and over come her nervousness before leaning on Vanilla.
00[13:50] <BobaFettuccine> As Micheal picks up the spear he feels suddenly way better at using spears, this is obviously a powerful weapon. It also feels light as air.
[13:51] <Antichthon> Athene affixed the runic bracelet, was first out the door. She and Cecile were very old hands at this, they knew where they'd be being picked up to be flown out.
00[13:51] <BobaFettuccine> "Alright, radio in once you're out of the building and we'll portal you home. Head to the roof with me now please." The Doctor then starts to walk out the door. after Athene.
[13:51] <Kadmus> Oh, hey. Barrier technology! Tessa's wanted one of those for a while now. She wants to see how they work. She scoops one up and slips it on. She's still silent; there's not much to say at this point. She follows Athene out.
[13:52] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael decides to follow the Strange man and the kind snake lady, Still seeming nervous, but with more of his confidence restored.
[13:53] <@Silvors> Cecile takes a barrier and heads along.
[13:53] <UltimixRed> And Maya decides to ignore that any of their comments are taken with a grain of salt. "Scuse me princess." She says under her breath, before shaking herself out of it. They had someone to take down "Try not to spear me with that thing Mike, i think I've seen something similar." they say jokingly
[13:53] <@Silvors> Err, actually she takes a Runic Bracelet.
[13:54] <Antichthon> Athene took whichever one gave 3/0.
[13:55] <Kadmus> As did Tessa, because tech is for chaps and magic is for punks.
[13:55] <Kadmus> *champs
[13:55] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal smiles, "Bad guys only, I promise." A look of concern comes onto his face. "Wait, should i grab on of those bracelets too?"
00[13:56] <BobaFettuccine> On the roof is a big ass Cargo helicopter, should be able to take Athene's weight. "Alright." The good doctor says, "I'll be flying you out there. Get in, we're going in five." He looks at Micheal with a slightly pained expression. "Yes, hurry."
00[13:56] <BobaFettuccine> He then gets in the cockpit.
[13:56] <UltimixRed> "uhh duh? I mean unless you like getting hurt in which case…still do. Not dealing with your kinks on a mission dude."
[13:56] <Antichthon> Athene nodded, headed in first. Better than trying to squeeze by the others. She mashed herself into a corner of the cargo helicopter.
[13:56] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal Runs as fast as he can, grabs a bracelet and runs back, very embarressed
[13:57] <Kadmus> Tessa shoots him a sympathetic smile. This is only her second mission, she knows how it feels to be the odd one out. She then hauls herself into the chopper and pulls her chair in after her. Hopefully she can strap it down somewhere!
[13:59] <UltimixRed> Maya strolls into the plane and finds a place to lean back. It's been a long while since she's been on any serious action, time to get the mind warmed up. They start pantomiming various sword exercises while they wait. "So, who wants to bet this guy has a last name like Maximilian. Something with an x, those guys are always douchey. Like FoneyX."
09[13:59] * Wisdom (moc.duolccri.egasrehtah.85254-gt|07426diu#moc.duolccri.egasrehtah.85254-gt|07426diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[13:59] <@Silvors> Cecile hops in the plane, Vanilla fusing with her to save space, then she went to lay on Athene's coils to save more space!
[13:59] <@Silvors> "W-We already k-know his name…"
[14:00] <Antichthon> Maya's lighthearted attempts to put the group at ease were appreciated, but they didn't work on Athene. Once all the students were in, Athene spoke to the group. "Be prepared, all of you. Cecile and I have seen this guy's handiwork before." She looked to each of them, mouth hard, but gaze soft. "You'll probably see dead. Worse than death. mutiliated corpses. Pain. Torture. You're
[14:00] <Antichthon> going to want to kill the people responsible. It'll be reall difficult to resist the urge, but you're going to, okay? You're all going to. We kill no one on this mission. Is that understood?"
[14:01] <UltimixRed> "Haven't killed anyone before, not about to start now. I don't count non-sentient robots or undead however." she snarks, though she clenches her fists harder.
[14:01] <Antichthon> A quick, grim smile to Maya. "Me neither."
[14:01] <Kadmus> Tessa looks distinctly uncomfortable. She nods her agreement.
[14:02] <Antichthon> She squeezed Tessa's shoulder. They'd get through this.
[14:02] <Inebriated_Lobster> "Not looking to kill anybody." Michael agrees, gripping the spear tighter.
[14:05] <@Silvors> Cecile wiggles a tad and keeps sitting on Athene's tail.
[14:07] <Antichthon> The tail gave Cecile a little squeeze. Cecile needed comfort on this mission, maybe more than any of them.
02[14:10] * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:thmq:iqvj:rwgz:ujnl:poum) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
00[14:11] <BobaFettuccine> The chopper takes off, and 6 hours later, they land on a raised hill overlooking a kilometer of well kept lawn, in the center of which is that enormous, fancy mansion. Athene and Cecile would sense the same kind of barrier as last time. If any of them had enhanced senses, they don't extend past the edge of that lawn.
[14:12] <UltimixRed> Maya summons up a hunting rifle, solely to use the scope to get a better view of anything important. "So…enemy territory. Anyone have telepathy, would be REAL helpful right about now."
[14:12] <@Silvors> Cecile shakes her head. "I-It won't work until we g-get to the other side of the barrier anyways."
[14:13] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal looks confused. "What barrier?"
[14:14] <Kadmus> Tessa frowns. "Jay can't get past that point," she gestures at the barrier. "Must be from there in."
[14:14] <Antichthon> "I have some basic telepathic ability," Athene said, slithering off the chopper. "…Guess we should be glad he didn't have any anti-air guns." Beat. "Anyone else feel like it was too easy to get this close?"
00[14:16] <BobaFettuccine> The doctor calls out of the chopper. "Just let me know when you're ready to leave over the radio!" He then starts to fly off.
[14:16] <UltimixRed> "Yeup. We should try checking if maybe they someone got trackers on us, and then sneak our way in." Maya says looking over their jacket for anything that might possibly be a bugged item.
[14:16] <Kadmus> "Pretty sure everyone saw the helicopter fly over and land," Tessa mutters. "It's not exactly a sneaky machine."
[14:17] <Antichthon> Athene nodded to the doctor, put her attention back on the mansion. "We aren't the best group when it comes to sneaking, either."
00[14:17] <BobaFettuccine> It is also broad daylight in a desert. With no cover.
00[14:17] <BobaFettuccine> Speaking of, how does that grass stay so green?
[14:17] <@Silvors> Cecile was ready to leave whenever. "I-L-Let's just g-go beat him up."
[14:18] <Antichthon> She considered for a few seconds. "Frontal assault. Stay behind me, stick together. Let's move." She didn't wait for affirmation, she shot forward. Quick.
[14:18] <UltimixRed> "Yeah yeah, strategy never did anyone any good anyways." Maya primes a weapon to be anti anomalous for any eventuality
[14:18] <UltimixRed> r 12 Unlocking The Weapon
[14:18] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[14:19] <@Silvors> Cecile follows after Athene, seperating from Vanilla as she ran!
[14:19] <Kadmus> Tessa lets everyone else go first, and then follows, grumbling about rocks and sand. She is not quick, but she fights from the back anyway.
[14:19] <UltimixRed> Maya summons an anti-anomaly cutlass with 2 durability and +3 damage.
00[14:19] <BobaFettuccine> The second Athene touches the grass, a faint buzzing, grinding noise fills the air from the direction of the mansion.
[14:19] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal, his face all determination now, , follows after Athene.
[14:20] <Antichthon> Athene's body went sideways, leaping like a sidewinder. It meant she covered all the students, hopefully. Provided she caught sight of a glint of a gun, or something. She focused her snakey senses, expecting some sort of trap. …probably had to do with that faint buzzing.
00[14:21] <BobaFettuccine> Nope, nothing, that noise is just softly there, continuously. Nothing else seems to be happening though.
[14:23] <Antichthon> "He's definitely prepared for us," Athene called back. Grinned. "Hope he doesn't mind if we don't use the front door."
[14:23] <UltimixRed> "I'm not exactly confident right now." Maya says at the quiet, turning all the bullets in her Beretta to mindslicer bullets for the next hour. "Clearly, we must channel admiral Ackbar."
[14:23] <@Silvors> "M-Maybe it's an alarm?" Cecile asked, looking at the grass and going to hop to see if it stopped momentarily while she was in the air.
[14:23] <Antichthon> "We're walking into a trap," Athene confirmed. "But at least we're doing it eyes open."
[14:25] <Kadmus> Tessa keeps an eye out for any sort of security systems, hoping she might be able to get an idea of what they're walking into. "I'll let you all walk in first," she says, looking nervous.
00[14:25] <BobaFettuccine> Tessa can see the cameras, they're not exactly hidden.
[14:26] <Antichthon> Athene was heading not for the front of the mansion, but the side. Does she get there?
[14:26] <UltimixRed> "Should I try shooting out the cameras from here?" Maya says
[14:26] <Kadmus> "Got us on camera, people," she adds, gesturing.
[14:26] <Antichthon> "Have at it, Maya."
00[14:26] <BobaFettuccine> As Athene heads around the side, she'll realize that the side of the mansion looks exactly like the front of it.
[14:26] <UltimixRed> Maya sets down her cutlass, bringing the shotgun with Tungsten slugs to bear, and wants to shoot at the camera. Roll?
00[14:27] <BobaFettuccine> (sure, roll.)
[14:27] <UltimixRed> r 9
[14:27] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[14:27] <BobaFettuccine> One of the cameras is shot! Only 15 more to go.
[14:28] <Antichthon> Athene slithered up to the side of the mansion and made her own door.
[14:28] <UltimixRed> "Well if you feel like waiting, it's not like I'm running out of ammo anytime soon."
[14:28] <Antichthon> r 18 vitality
[14:28] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[14:28] <UltimixRed> She doesn't think it'll matter, slinging the shotgun back and prepping for action.
00[14:28] <BobaFettuccine> Athene make a defence roll first.
[14:29] <Antichthon> Athene tanks, mundane.
[14:29] <Antichthon> r 20 This cover armor is awesome.
[14:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
00[14:29] <BobaFettuccine> r 15 (ability tank actually please)
[14:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[14:30] <Antichthon> r 17 This cover armor is shit against abilities!
[14:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[14:32] <BobaFettuccine> Athene takes two damage as she's zapped by electricity from the wall! The door on the side of the mansion slowly swings open. It's an exact copy of the door on the front of the mansion. This mansion is oddly cube shaped. From the door start walking six people in loose white shifts with collars around their necks. They kneel in two rows of three, one on either side of the door.
[14:33] <Antichthon> Athene > 18 HP
[14:34] <Antichthon> Yeouch! "Well, should have expected that," Athene grunted. "Any ideas?" The arrival of the white-shirts got her attention. She moved to be between them and the group.
[14:34] <Kadmus> Tessa tenses up at the sight of the lightning and the obvious slaves. "This is bad," she murmurs, eyeing the collars to see what she can make out from over where she is.
[14:34] <UltimixRed> "Alright so that's probably not normal. I figure explosives would be our best bet against the wall, or I could knock out a door with my shotgun."
[14:35] <@Silvors> "I-It's… I-I wonder…" Cecile stared at the collars. She knew someone else was probably going to walk out because of their set up. And her hands were starting to shake from the slavery vibes.
00[14:35] <BobaFettuccine> The people in the loose white clothes merely kneel in two rows, eyes downcast. They look underfed and a little terrified. "Please." They say in unison. "The master will see you now."
[14:36] <UltimixRed> "And…lemme take a wild fucking guess. If we don't comply, they're going to execute you with the collars in front of our very own eyes." Maya growls.
00[14:37] <BobaFettuccine> A seventh white shirted person, though this one looks a bit more well fed walks out through the middle, eyes also downcast. He walks towards them, hands at his side, shaven head glinting in the sun. Once he gets into easy speaking distance of Athene. "I'm to lead you to meet the master." He says.
[14:38] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal looks to see what the walls are made of, as well as the collars around those peoples necks.
00[14:38] <BobaFettuccine> The walls look to be made of plaster, the collars, some kind of metal.
[14:39] <Antichthon> Oh, brilliant. "What do you think," Athene said, eyes on the seventh man, loud enough to be heard by all. "Should we go along with this?"
[14:40] <UltimixRed> "If we're going democratically, my vote is no!" Maya yells, hand on their cutlasses, and keeping an eye out for any other signs of danger
00[14:40] <BobaFettuccine> The man sweats nervously as Athene asks that, eyes shut. He looks absolutely terrified at Maya's words.
[14:40] <Antichthon> "If we dont, they're dead," Athene said, grimly.
[14:40] <Inebriated_Lobster> "I can only see that going badly. But it looks like its not going to go well for these people either way" Micheal says looking sad
00[14:41] <BobaFettuccine> "Please…" He says quietly. "The master will see you now."
[14:41] <UltimixRed> Maya clicks her tongue in annoyance "Let's go, we don't exactly have much of a choice do we."
[14:41] <Antichthon> Athene took a deep breath. Looked at the assembled students she considered under her care. looked back. held herself tall. "Lead the way."
[14:42] <@Silvors> Cecile grumbled about wishing Aiko was here. "I-I… we c-could, um…" Cecile nods her head. "W-We have to go. But we're going to free these people." That wasn't a question. She gripped her knife and glared into the mansion.
[14:42] <Kadmus> Tessa follows at the back, making sure to get a good look at the collars. Tech? Magic? Plain metal?
[14:43] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal whispers To Athene "I dont want to try anything yet, but I can control metal, if the opportunity arises, I might be able to free them."
00[14:43] <BobaFettuccine> The man slowly nods. "This way please." The collars seem to be just plain, braided metal wire. The man leads them towards the door.
00[14:43] <BobaFettuccine> Anyone with magic may make a magic roll. +2 if they have infusion or malediction specialized.
[14:43] <Antichthon> Athene also missed Aiko; she'd probably have a way for them to talk secretly.
[14:43] <UltimixRed> r 3
[14:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 5 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[14:44] <Antichthon> She took the lead, dedicated to the end to protect her friends.
[14:44] <Antichthon> r 7
[14:44] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[14:44] <UltimixRed> r 2
[14:44] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
00[14:45] <BobaFettuccine> Athene will know that these collars are heavily enchanted, but hard to know in what way.
[14:45] <Kadmus> Well, Tessa has some mini bolt cutters somewhere around here, but those collars are not right. Jay's pecking at them like he wants to take them, and that's a sure sign of magical properties. There's no telling what exactly they're full of. She suspects some sort of pain inducing ting.
[14:46] <Kadmus> *thing
[14:46] <Antichthon> Now, they might not be able to respond, but Athene's budding powers meant she could thoughtspeak to them, at least. [The collars are magical.]
[14:46] <Antichthon> Broadcasted to the other four students, though with this place, there might be an anti-telepathy field, or something.
00[14:48] <BobaFettuccine> As they are led into a grand entry hall through the huge double doors. They'll see that the walls are lined with rich tapestries woven through with gold, there are overstuffed, red, velvet upholstered chairs and couches. And carved marble support pillars. Everything is ostentatious and rich. As they enter, the 6 servants kneeling outside shut the doors on their way back in and scurry off away from the group. Their guide says. "Please. We are to wait here a moment. Would any of you like refreshments?"
[14:48] <Kadmus> Tessa shakes her head immediately, eyes wide.
[14:49] <UltimixRed> "No thank you." Maya isn't stupid enough to drink something from enemy territory, oh sure, hand over my weapons and blindfold myself? OK! no. just no.
00[14:49] <BobaFettuccine> The man's eyes widen, saying quietly, "Please. No poison. It's rude of me not to bring refreshments…"
[14:50] <Antichthon> "I'll have some," Athene said kindly, "But I insist the seven of you drink with me."
[14:50] <Antichthon> These poor people probably hadn't had something nice to drink in a long time.
00[14:51] <BobaFettuccine> The man looks around, the other six are gone, he then looks back to Athene. "I will drink if it is permitted. Excuse me a moment. Please. Please do not leave here." He then shuffles off behind a tapestry and seems to… disappear there?
[14:52] <Antichthon> "It would be rude to refuse a guest's request," Athene called after him, trying to take advantage of "The Master" and his sense of "Hospitality."
[14:52] <Kadmus> Bad memories already! This is a good start to the mission. Tessa looks fairly tense, and her eyes are darting around, plotting exits and escape routes.
[14:53] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal Examines the Tapestry closer
00[14:53] <BobaFettuccine> Roll perception +1 if you have ranks in academics.
[14:53] <@Silvors> Cecile looked at Vanilla. This was the kind of moment she wished she could make the clone change colors. She gave a little pat and looked at Tessa then at the girl's, well… wait was Tessa missing a leg?
[14:53] <Kadmus> She was indeed! Her jeans leg is folded and pinned so it doesn't drag.
[14:53] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 4
[14:53] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[14:54] <Antichthon> In retrospect, that was something Athene should have told Cecile about.
[14:54] <UltimixRed> Maya clicks the safety of their guns off, but still very much on edge. "I have a feeling we're not gonna have a fun time here guys."
00[14:54] <BobaFettuccine> It's just a rich guy tapestry.
[14:54] <Inebriated_Lobster> is the gold real?
00[14:54] <BobaFettuccine> You're not sure.
[14:54] <Antichthon> "No," Athene agreed. "We're not." She looked at the other six slaves. "But he's got us."
[14:55] <@Silvors> "I-I'll keep you safe, a-all of you." Cecile promised giving a small smile to everyone. It even looked completely real!
[14:55] <Antichthon> Well, she looked in the directon the left. The others would know.
[14:56] <Antichthon> Athene gave Cecile a smile, but it was weak. She was very, very worried.
[14:56] <Kadmus> Tessa's ready to engage in some rapid creation of statuary, should the need arise.
00[14:56] <BobaFettuccine> A few moments later, from behind a different tapestry, enters their guide, seeming to walk up a set of stairs from behind a couch, but… there were no stairs there. Anyways, he's holding a tray with a set of glasses of ice water. Six glasses to be exact. "I am permitted to drink if all of the guests drink." He says.
[14:56] <UltimixRed> Maya is going to try and sense if there are any magical weapons in the area, filtering out any in the group.
00[14:57] <BobaFettuccine> None in the room.
00[14:57] <BobaFettuccine> For some odd reason her senses don't extend past the room, mundane or anomalous.
[14:58] <@Silvors> Athene could probably smell the barely concealed anger Cecile felt. And if not, she could probably see how Vanilla looked furious and how its fingernails were like knives. It looked off in a muderous sort of way, long, sharp nails and wild eyes. "Wh-Why do we have t-to drink?"
00[14:58] <BobaFettuccine> The man looks down at the obvious anger, tears of utter terror in his eyes. "Please, I am sorry."
[14:59] <Antichthon> Again: Oh, brilliant. Athene stared at the tray. swallowed. If there was some sort of drug in this water, The Master would hardly mind that one of his own was affected by it. It wouldn't be deadly, Athene knew that much. This monster wanted them alive. "It's okay," Athene said, trying to be comforting. She took a glass. Looked at the others.
[15:00] <UltimixRed> Maya figures that they could probably try boiling the water…lot of poisons don't work after the fact right? Ughh. She takes a glass and gives it a tiny sip. "I swear, if I wake up in a ice tub without my kidneys, calling a lawyer on your ass."
[15:01] <@Silvors> Cecile blinked a few times. She was immune to poisons and her blood could nullify them, so she wasn't really worried about that. "V-Vanilla can't drink though." Cecile pointed out, if the projection had its own cup.
00[15:01] <BobaFettuccine> The projection did not, in fact, have it's own cup.
[15:01] <Inebriated_Lobster> "This isn't a good idea"micheal says stressed expression on his face.
[15:01] <Kadmus> Tessa will grudgingly take a cup and hold it, but she won't drink. There's an attempt to make it look like she's drinking, but she never actually touches the glass to her lips.
[15:02] <UltimixRed> "I mean…it isn't a good idea unless you care about their hostages." Maya glumly notes
00[15:02] <BobaFettuccine> As Maya takes a sip, she'll notice it's just regular ice water.
[15:02] <Antichthon> Athene drank the water, all of it, one swallow. It wasn't much to her, actually. Then, softly to the man, "You're very brave." Athene smile.
[15:03] <@Silvors> Cecile took a drink, biting her tongue as she did so so that any of the poisons or toxins in it would be nullified by her magical blood!
[15:04] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael Takes a glass and steeling himself for the worst, and takes a sip
[15:05] <UltimixRed> "Bastard couldn't even have given us the fancy stuff, perrier or other garbage."
[15:05] <Antichthon> Maya said what Athene was thinking. Water, really?
[15:07] <Antichthon> At this point Athene's master plan was "Play along and hope this guy is as much a bond villain as he seems to be." Bond villains always fell victim to their hubris.
00[15:07] <BobaFettuccine> The man gives Athene a tiny smile, then he picks up the last glass of water and starts to drink himself. The moment the water passes his lips he looks terrified again and his eyes look off into space as he drops the tray and the glass. "No. Please no. I thought they drank. I thought it was permitted. I didn't know she didn't drink I'm sorry master." His babbling, terrified apology trails off into agonized screaming as he falls over, clutching his head.
[15:07] <Kadmus> Tessa's eyes go even wider, and she gulps down the water, hoping it will help the man.
[15:07] <UltimixRed> Maya's eyes widen "Who didn't drink?! We all did I swear!"
00[15:09] <BobaFettuccine> The man's flailing and screaming is abruptly cut short as he goes deathly still, blood leaking from his eyes, ears, and nose.
[15:09] <Antichthon> Athene recoiled, but only for a moment before she was down, holding the man. She held him in his last moments.
[15:09] <@Silvors> FUck that. Cecile cut herself and slid down to put her bleeding wrist against his mouth to heal him. Maybe it was quick enough?
[15:10] <Kadmus> The glass shatters in Tessa's shaking hand as she watches the man die, aghast.
[15:10] <@Silvors> r 7
[15:10] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[15:10] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal looks away unable to see the mans last moments. "Not again…" he mumbles"Not again
[15:10] <UltimixRed> "Hey, Max or whatever the fuck your name is, your beef is with us, not them!" She screams pointlessly out into the hallways. She would toss the glass, but it would probably just lead to the servants being punished more
00[15:11] <BobaFettuccine> Unfortunately, liquefying brain matter is a bit too much for Cecile's blood to handle.
[15:12] <@Silvors> Cecile licked her wound to close it and sighed, looking down. "I-I'm going to…" Cecile grumbled under her breath.
[15:13] <Inebriated_Lobster> "might want to back away from him" Micheal says, tears in his eyes but a face of determination. "I'm going to see if I can get the collar off him. "
[15:13] <Antichthon> All Athene could think about was whether or not she'd been too late for the man to feel just a little comfort before he died. Not the horror of his death, no, she couldn't face that yet. Just…had she made a difference in his last second? It was silly, but it was the only way she could handle this. She laid the corpse down, crossed his arms, tried to shut his eyes. Stood,
[15:13] <Antichthon> hard-faced, tearless.
00[15:14] <BobaFettuccine> And then, from through the cieling steps the man that they'd seen in the picture, he seems to be ignoring physics as he snaps his fingers and a few servants step from behind other tapestries to take away the body of their late guide. "Well now, servants that cannot follow instructions need to be punished, no matter who has beef with what now." He chuckles quietly. He glances at Tessa, "Thank you for fooling him by the way, I was beginning to tire of him and needed an excuse."
[15:15] <@Silvors> Cecile had a solid glare and Vanilla was… twitching. Rapid little twitches.
[15:15] <Kadmus> Tessa blanches, and stares at the man with an intensity of hatred that should probably set him aflame.
[15:16] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 5
[15:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[15:16] <UltimixRed> Maya is quick to point their pistol at the man. "I hope you got a will ready fucker."
[15:16] <Antichthon> Athene was staring at Tessa before she could stop herself. But, no. Of course it wasn't Tessa's fault. Her gaze returned to the man. "You enjoy this."
00[15:19] <BobaFettuccine> He seems utterly unconcerned at the gun. "Oh, I do have an extensive will written up, yes." To Athene, "Oh, of course. I take life's pleasures where I can find them." He says. "I also have my life linked to those of every servant in this mansion. Roughly sixty of them. If I die, they do as well. If I leave the grounds without deactivating the ward, they die. Now I have a proposition to make all of you." As Micheal snaps the collar off of the dead body, it's suddenly covered in a dark purple fire that gives off no heat. The body then rots away to a putrescent pile of stinking goop within seconds.
[15:20] <UltimixRed> "let me guess Kincaid, you want us to be experimented on, and in exchange you'll spare us. And then go back on your word anyways."
02[15:20] * Lena (ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|aynun#ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|aynun) Quit (Ping timeout: 241 seconds)
[15:20] <Antichthon> The smell was so putrid even Athene didn't find it secrely tasty. Ugh.
00[15:21] <BobaFettuccine> He raises an eyebrow, "Heavens no." He replies to Maya, then to Micheal. "Well now that you've ruined that rug are you quite done?"
[15:21] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal shrugs
[15:22] <UltimixRed> "I'd love to ruin more than just your carpet. But whatever, list your demands."
09[15:23] * Lena (ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|aynun#ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|aynun) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[15:23] <Antichthon> The display of power worked. If Athene had had the gumption to conk the guy over the head before, she didn't now. Not with sixty lives at stake.
00[15:25] <BobaFettuccine> He looks at them and produces a flash drive seemingly out of nowhere in one hand and in the other, a cylinder, filled with what appear's to be a translucent red bear, shooting flame at the walls of the cylinder, and also a translucent blue sparrow, flittering about. "The flash drive has data on the organization that you are looking for. Leaders, locations, schedules, all very important stuff I assure you. These," He jiggles the cylinders "I believe used to belong to a friend of yours?" He looks Athene directly in the eye and smirks. "I wonder how she's doing without them."
[15:26] <Antichthon> Athene's eyes widened, just a bit. It was the only crack in her shell.
[15:27] <@Silvors> Cecile growled and Vanilla grew more erratic.
[15:27] <Kadmus> "What the fuck do you /want/?" Tessa snarls, finally, looking furious.
00[15:29] <BobaFettuccine> His smile stays on his face. "Well, I want you all to fight. You see, I've been working on creating my very own anomalies, and I'd like to field test them against the originals. If you win. You get this data, the spirits, and I'll free one third of my workforce. If my anomalies win, you'll be free to go, and the four that fight you will also be free to go, but you'll have nothing to show for it."
[15:30] <Antichthon> What? Originals? Under her breath, "Oh, god."
[15:31] <UltimixRed> "We aren't going to get any way to confirm you're not just going to pull the rug out from under us at the last second do we?"
[15:32] <Antichthon> And another thing. "Four?"
[15:33] <@Silvors> Cecile kept her eyes focused on him in a half snarl.
00[15:33] <BobaFettuccine> He smiles, "You have my word." He says before turning around and tapping on the wall. "Yes, you'll be fighting four of my homemade anomalies." After he taps on the wall, a large section swings inward and he walks through it. "Do keep up."
09[15:33] * Lena is now known as Lena|afk
02[15:33] * Cezar (moc.duolccri.hirskppwrl|419641diu#moc.duolccri.hirskppwrl|419641diu) Quit
[15:34] <Antichthon> Athene covered her face with both hands. "This is like dealing with my mother."
[15:34] <Antichthon> She followed, though.
[15:35] <Kadmus> Tessa follows, guilty and ashamed and furious.
[15:35] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael kisses his dog tags, and follows after mumbleing what might be a zen quote.
[15:38] <Antichthon> Athene's thoughts drifted to what other horrid things this monster used his slaves for. No. Nope. Shutting that out right now.
[15:38] <@Silvors> Cecile kept walking forward and Vanilla followed, occasionally flickering between movements.
[15:38] <UltimixRed> Maya grumbles "Should we start taking bets that he isn't going to keep his word now? because 5 bucks says he isn;t
[15:38] <UltimixRed> 'isn't"
[15:39] <Antichthon> "My mother wouldn't." Athene was with Maya, there.
[15:39] <Inebriated_Lobster> "I'll take that bet" Micheal says
[15:39] <Kadmus> "He keeps and murders slaves," Tessa hisses. "Of course he's lying."
[15:40] <@Silvors> "I-If we cut off both of his arms and his legs, h-he'd be trapped there and the slaves wouldn't die." Cecile's voice was quiet and cold.
[15:40] <UltimixRed> "My mindslicer bullets, they could knock him out. Not kill him, but he'd just teleport away. Could cut him with it."
[15:41] <Antichthon> Thoughtspeak to all of them, [We play along. We'll get our chance. This asshole is too confident not to have overlooked something.]
[15:42] <UltimixRed> "I swear…the second I get close to Craig's stupid face." Maya says, trying to calm themselves.
00[15:42] <BobaFettuccine> Through the panel in the wall, they would find themselves in a very large room, stark white, featureless. On the other side of the room stand four figures, one thin, twitchy, and blue skinned, one large, heavily built and with patches of scales over his body, another wrapped entirely in fluttering purple strips of cloth and the last one's head looks a little bigger than normal, but otherwise they look like a ten year old little boy. The man obviously hears all this, but doesn't react, humming a little song to himself. "Well, the rules are simple." He says, turning around.
[15:43] <Antichthon> Was it bad that Maya had made Athene entirely forget this guy's real name?
00[15:44] <BobaFettuccine> "When I exit the room, you fight, the prize will go to the victor." The wall closes up behind everyone. "Oh, maybe I should've mentioned it earlier. But those four only win their freedom if they kill you." He shrugs and starts to walk towards the wall. "So for them this is a fight to the death. Ta ta."
[15:45] <UltimixRed> Maya facepalms, of course. "What is up with you scientist people and stark white walls, at least spice up our gladiatorial fights Terrence! Fuck you!"
[15:45] <Kadmus> "Already broken his word," Tessa snarls. "What a surprise. Cowards always lie."
[15:45] <UltimixRed> (Initiative?)
00[15:46] <BobaFettuccine> (Initiative)
[15:46] <Antichthon> Athene's mind was whirling, trying to think of some clever solution. She found nothing.
[15:46] <Kadmus> r 7
[15:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[15:46] <@Silvors> r 11
[15:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[15:46] <Antichthon> r 8
[15:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[15:47] <UltimixRed> Maya buys the successes putting them at Initiative 10.
[15:47] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 8
[15:47] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
00[15:47] <BobaFettuccine> r 11
[15:47] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
00[15:48] <BobaFettuccine> r 8
[15:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[15:48] <BobaFettuccine> r 8
[15:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[15:48] <BobaFettuccine> r 6
[15:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[15:50] <BobaFettuccine> BLUE GUY > CECILE > ATHENE > BIG HEAD KID > TESSA > SCALEY DUDE > MICHEAL > PURPLE CLOTH PERSON
09[15:51] * Silvors changes topic to 'BLUE GUY > CECILE > ATHENE > BIG HEAD KID > TESSA > SCALEY DUDE > MICHEAL > PURPLE CLOTH PERSON'
00[15:51] <BobaFettuccine> > BLUE GUY
00[15:53] <BobaFettuccine> BLUE GUY > CECILE > ATHENE > BIG HEAD KID > TESSA > SCALEY DUDE > MAYA > MICHEAL > PURPLE CLOTH PERSON
09[15:54] * Silvors changes topic to 'BLUE GUY > CECILE > ATHENE > BIG HEAD KID > TESSA > SCALEY DUDE > MAYA > MICHEAL > PURPLE CLOTH PERSON'
00[15:54] <BobaFettuccine> >BLUE GUY
00[15:55] <BobaFettuccine> He moves forward with startling speed, crawling up a wall and shooting a blast of shimmery blue energy at Tessa, because she looks like the easiest target, being in a wheelchair and all.
00[15:55] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[15:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[15:55] <Antichthon> Intercept, free action!
[15:56] <Antichthon> r 15
[15:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
00[15:56] <BobaFettuccine> Intercepted, roll ability dr against 8d 4ap
[15:56] <Antichthon> Athene tanks!
[15:56] <Antichthon> r 13
[15:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[15:57] <Antichthon> 4 Damage!
[15:57] <Antichthon> Athene > 14 HP
00[15:57] <BobaFettuccine> > CECILE
[15:58] <Antichthon> Athene's scales sizzled and spit. Whatever that attack was, it was strong enough to get through her super-armor.
[15:58] <@Silvors> Cecile's going to stab at the one with the big head! But with a bat so that she doesn't kill it, she's going for knock out here!
[15:58] <@Silvors> r 18
[15:58] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
00[15:58] <BobaFettuccine> It was just a huge heaping helping of weird, decaying energy Athene.
[15:58] <@Silvors> (5d)
00[15:59] <BobaFettuccine> The big Scaley guy tries to intercept!
00[15:59] <BobaFettuccine> r 18 +2 from effort.
[15:59] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
00[16:00] <BobaFettuccine> And he manages to get in the way of the bat!
00[16:00] <BobaFettuccine> Tanking it
00[16:01] <BobaFettuccine> r 13
[16:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[16:01] <BobaFettuccine> The bat bounces off of his well muscled frame as he grunts. (0 damage)
00[16:02] <BobaFettuccine> > ATHENE
[16:03] <Antichthon> Athene thoughtspoke to everyone in the room. [The four of you know he isn't going to keep his promise. We know it, too. This fight isn't going to solve anything!] It was probably no use, but Athene had to try. To her group, [Remember, nonlethal damage, maybe if we win he'll think they're dead and they can…can…] Athene was struggling not to crack under this pressure. She had
[16:03] <Antichthon> to think of something, but she just wasn't smart enough.
[16:03] <Antichthon> Minor action set for intercept
[16:04] <Antichthon> r 10 Social roll because you know she has to try.
[16:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[16:04] <BobaFettuccine> (Roll your telepathy power Athene)
02[16:05] * @Nemi (seeb.fo.gab.gib|heveraz#seeb.fo.gab.gib|heveraz) Quit
[16:05] <Antichthon> r 7 Echidna's Lure
[16:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[16:06] <BobaFettuccine> r 12 psychic interference shielding from big head dude
[16:06] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[16:07] <BobaFettuccine> Athene you feel a kind of staticky feedback stemming from the big head person. You're not sure your message got through
[16:08] <Antichthon> Actually, Athene has to spend her minor action getting her weapon attached to her tail, not set it up for intercept.
[16:08] <Antichthon> Downside to her strategy.
00[16:08] <BobaFettuccine> (Is that Athene's turn?)
[16:08] <Antichthon> Major action burned on social roll, Athene's turn is done
00[16:09] <BobaFettuccine> > BIG HEAD KID
00[16:11] <BobaFettuccine> Feeling some kind of mental disturbance, he lashes out at Athene, attempting to pull forth her most traumatizing memories and feelings in order to stun her and do a small amount of mental damage (Defended with WP, if not defended, take one psyche and lose next major action) He readies his minor action for a mental intercept.
00[16:11] <BobaFettuccine> r 13
[16:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[16:12] <Antichthon> r 14 willpower
[16:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[16:13] <BobaFettuccine> > TESSA
[16:14] <Antichthon> Athene has a lot of terribly traumatizing memories, but she'd played them out in her mind so many times, it was difficult to get her to respond to them with anything more than deadness.
[16:14] <Kadmus> Well, that blue guy just tried to kill her. Tessa's pretty pissed off about that, and she's not thinking too clearly about 'non-lethal', so her eyes blaze orange as she tries to use her power on him.
[16:14] <Kadmus> r 13 (9d, 4AP Psyche)
[16:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[16:16] <BobaFettuccine> Psychic intercept from the BHK! 3 successes bought!
00[16:16] <BobaFettuccine> (Does Tessa have a minor action?)
[16:17] <Kadmus> (Nope!)
00[16:17] <BobaFettuccine> > SCALEY DUDE
00[16:20] <BobaFettuccine> The Scaley Dude uses his minor action to GET BUFFER, as you guys notice more scales growing out of his body, and him beefing up. He runs up to the heretofore unlooked at Maya, because she has a gun, and guns scare him. In a voice similar to that of Ludoh for those who have seen Labyrinth, he says, "GUN'S ARE BAD!" And tries to smash her with a fist.
00[16:20] <BobaFettuccine> r 12 for self buff
[16:20] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 4 4 4 4 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
00[16:20] <BobaFettuccine> +2 Brawn for 2 rounds
00[16:21] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[16:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[16:21] <Antichthon> Intercept, No action for -6!
[16:21] <Antichthon> r 9
[16:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[16:22] <Antichthon> Athene buys the parry dice. "Killing is bad," Athene returned. she'd snapped to the point of using her true voice.
00[16:23] <BobaFettuccine> > MAYA
[16:23] <UltimixRed> Maya launches at the scaley dude with lightning speed, turning into a tornado of steel. Precision attack (4d if they're human, 7d if they're anomalous) "Athene, protect Tessa, I can hold my own!"
[16:23] <UltimixRed> r 16
[16:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
09[16:24] * SpookyBee is now known as SnoozleBee
[16:24] <Antichthon> A nod. Understood.
00[16:25] <BobaFettuccine> He yells louder and attempts to parry it by knocking aside her blade.
00[16:25] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[16:25] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
00[16:28] <BobaFettuccine> > MICHEAL
[16:29] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 5 fists of iron, minor action
[16:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[16:29] <UltimixRed> (Oh wait, prep intercept as minor action)
00[16:29] <BobaFettuccine> (+1 brawn for 1 round Micheal)
[16:30] <Inebriated_Lobster> I'll attack the Blue Guy with mah spear.
[16:31] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 12
[16:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[16:31] <BobaFettuccine> (Normally I'd say you can't reach him, because he's on the wall, but Gun is allowed to be thrown with melee skill, and then return to the wielders hand. So no big deal.
00[16:31] <BobaFettuccine> Scaley guy tries to intercept!
00[16:32] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[16:32] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[16:32] <BobaFettuccine> And does.
00[16:32] <BobaFettuccine> He tanks.
00[16:33] <BobaFettuccine> r 15
[16:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[16:33] <BobaFettuccine> And takes 6 damage!
00[16:34] <BobaFettuccine> > Purple Cloth Guy
00[16:35] <BobaFettuccine> Twists a hand and as a minor action casts Improve Mind on his brain as a rune on one of his strips of cloth starts to glow. He floats on up towards the ceiling.
00[16:35] <BobaFettuccine> r 12
[16:35] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
00[16:35] <BobaFettuccine> +1 resolve for 5 rounds
00[16:36] <BobaFettuccine> He then looks at Spear guy. He was going to be a problem. He mumbles something and casts some kind of spell on him. (resist with wp)
[16:37] <Inebriated_Lobster> (str8 wp, or wp+resolve?)
00[16:37] <BobaFettuccine> r 17 (1 focus into 3 dice because willworking main casting method)
[16:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
00[16:37] <BobaFettuccine> (WP+resolve always)
[16:39] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 (+1 focus spent)
[16:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
00[16:39] <BobaFettuccine> Anyone with a magic skill, may roll it to see if they can figure out what spell this is, +1 if you also have analysis.
[16:40] <Antichthon> r 7 Athene? Analysis? Hah!
[16:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[16:40] <BobaFettuccine> (Spell lasts 5 rounds)
00[16:41] <BobaFettuccine> Athene will Identify the faint purple glow emanating from Micheal as that of a malediction spell, probably either mindfire or Karmic curse.
00[16:41] <BobaFettuccine> > BLUE GUY
00[16:43] <BobaFettuccine> Seeing that his purple friend has things covered with spear dude, Blue guy decides that scary snake lady just has to go. He crawls directly above Athene on the ceiling and lets loose another blast.
00[16:43] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[16:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[16:44] <Antichthon> Athene tanks!
00[16:44] <BobaFettuccine> (8d 4ap)
[16:44] <Antichthon> r 13 Why did you take the mundane cover armor, Athene?
[16:44] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[16:44] <Antichthon> 6 damage!
[16:44] <Antichthon> Athene > 8 HP
00[16:44] <BobaFettuccine> oof
00[16:46] <BobaFettuccine> > CECILE
[16:47] <@Silvors> Cecile looks at the blue one and smirks, tossing the bat to Vanilla who has a manic grin on her face. The projection squats down and then springs skyward, going to fly up next to blue guy and swing her bat down, aiming to knock him from his perch and back to the ground. (Minor Action ready ranged parry) (5d 4 effort)
[16:47] <@Silvors> r 22
[16:47] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
00[16:48] <BobaFettuccine> The blue dude attempts to dodge!
00[16:49] <BobaFettuccine> Really hard, 3 efffort
00[16:49] <BobaFettuccine> r 20
[16:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
09[16:49] * Cezar (moc.duolccri.hirskppwrl|419641diu#moc.duolccri.hirskppwrl|419641diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[16:51] <BobaFettuccine> >ATHENE
09[16:52] * Cezar is now known as Complete_Zero
[16:53] <@Silvors> "F-Focus the brainy one! W-We need to be able t-to use mental at-t-tacks!" Cecile couldn't, but someone here had to be able to do that, right?
[16:55] <Antichthon> "Everyone stop!" Athene cried, abandoning trying to communicate psychically, but at least not using her real voice because holy shit that was a bad voice for diplomacy. She looked at the four homebrew anomalies, pleading. "You know you won't let you go free if you win." She said that especially at Big Head Kid. Yes, she was assuming Big Head Kid was clever because he had a big
[16:55] <Antichthon> head. Sue her. "We know he won't give us what we want, either. All we're doing by fighting is taking out the only people strong enough to stop him! Please. …It's not against the rules to just stop killing one another for a few fucking minutes!"
[16:55] <Antichthon> r 10 social
[16:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[16:55] <Antichthon> Damnit why didn't she use focus.
[16:55] <Antichthon> Minor action prepped for intercept.
00[16:56] <BobaFettuccine> "You don't know. You don't know what he'll do if we don't." The kid speaks, and even though it's breathless and barely makes any noise, all of them can hear his voice.
[16:57] <Antichthon> "But you know what he'll do even if you do." More than enough words for one turn, Athene. Yours is done.
00[16:58] <BobaFettuccine> > BIG HEAD KID
00[16:59] <BobaFettuccine> The kid slowly shakes his head. "Better to do what he says." He then sadly looked towards Athene and attempts to rend her mind with the most horrific images of pain and terror that she'd ever experienced. Some her own, some foreign. Minor action readied for intercept.
00[16:59] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[16:59] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[17:00] <Antichthon> Well, at least Athene could buy that willpower save. Thank you again, Ellie.
00[17:00] <BobaFettuccine> > TESSA
[17:01] <Kadmus> Blue guy has hurt Tessa's best friend, and seems to be trying to legitimately kill her. Tessa's very much not happy with that, and expresses that displeasure with terrifying eye blasts. "Leave my friends ALONE!" She snarls, and the room flashes orange for a moment.
[17:01] <Antichthon> Athene gripped her temples and shook her head at Tessa. no. Yeah yeah, I know I said Athene already used enough words for one round, shuddap.
[17:01] <Kadmus> r 16 Spending 3 Focus
[17:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
00[17:01] <BobaFettuccine> Mental intercept from the big head kid!
00[17:01] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[17:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[17:02] <BobaFettuccine> r 10 actual defense
[17:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[17:02] <BobaFettuccine> He takes 7 psyche!
[17:02] <Kadmus> Tessa has no other actions.
00[17:03] <BobaFettuccine> > SCALEY GUY
00[17:04] <BobaFettuccine> Scaley guy sees the horrible orange glow and then he see's big head kid stumble and clutch his head. He then roars and says, "NO HURT GEORGE. BAD!" As he swings a giant, sharply scaled fist at Tessa.
00[17:04] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[17:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[17:04] <Antichthon> Intecept, minor action!
[17:04] <Antichthon> r 18
[17:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[17:04] <Antichthon> intercept, no action!
[17:04] <UltimixRed> Intercept prepped minor action!
[17:04] <Antichthon> r 9
[17:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[17:05] <BobaFettuccine> Athene just barely manages to intercept!
00[17:05] <BobaFettuccine> (8d 1ap)
[17:06] <Antichthon> Athene parries, 2 effort!
[17:06] <Antichthon> r 20 Parry
[17:06] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
00[17:07] <BobaFettuccine> And she manages to knock aside his fist!
[17:07] <Antichthon> The appeal for peace certainly didn't mean much when her own team kept trying to kill. Athene successfully parried, And through the scuffle of scales, Tessa would see the glare Athene gave her. It was, well. Monstrous.
00[17:07] <BobaFettuccine> > MAYA
[17:09] <UltimixRed> Maya is going to spin dash at the giant scaley dude again, since he's just going to try stopping anything they'd do. Precision attack (4d if human, 7d if anomalous)
[17:09] <UltimixRed> r 20 Spend 4 focus
[17:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
00[17:11] <BobaFettuccine> He rumbles and tries knocking aside the blade
00[17:11] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[17:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[17:12] <BobaFettuccine> r 15
[17:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[17:14] <BobaFettuccine> And takes 5 damage, he's still just barely standing, but there's a huge gash in his side, in addition to the broken bone from the spear earlier. He starts to cry and flail about a bit.
00[17:14] <BobaFettuccine> > MICHEAL
[17:14] <UltimixRed> Maya uses her minor action to ready an intercept. Her cutlass shatters
[17:14] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 6 My fists are weapons minor action
[17:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[17:15] <Inebriated_Lobster> (+1 ap for 1 round)
[17:15] <Inebriated_Lobster> (+3 ap 1 round)
[17:17] <Inebriated_Lobster> Micheal doesn't know what the purple guy did, but He plans to make him pay for it. throws Spear
[17:17] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 12
[17:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[17:17] <Antichthon> Athene probably should have warned him, but she'd spent her words on her appeal that Tessa shat all over.
00[17:17] <BobaFettuccine> The purple guy seems satisfied and makes no attempt to dodge or defend in any way.
00[17:17] <BobaFettuccine> r 6 for shitty dr
[17:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[17:18] <BobaFettuccine> oh
00[17:19] <BobaFettuccine> He still takes 8 damage! And Micheal feels a kind of burning pain in his skull as though fire ants were biting his brain! he takes 4 psyche.
[17:19] <Inebriated_Lobster> He is at 4 psyche remaining
00[17:20] <BobaFettuccine> > PURPLE MAGE DUDE
00[17:21] <BobaFettuccine> Spends one effort to double regen for….
00[17:21] <BobaFettuccine> r 8
[17:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 5 4 4 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[17:21] <BobaFettuccine> two rounds
00[17:21] <BobaFettuccine> Heals 2
00[17:22] <BobaFettuccine> Then casts a spell on Maya, resist with Vitality!
00[17:22] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[17:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[17:22] <UltimixRed> r 5
[17:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[17:23] <BobaFettuccine> Maya feels a tugging weakness, but manages to shrug it off!
00[17:23] <BobaFettuccine> > BLUE GUY
09[17:24] * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:thmq:iqvj:rwgz:ujnl:poum) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[17:25] <BobaFettuccine> He's not happy about getting attacked by Cecile, so he shoots his funky blue energy at her!
00[17:25] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[17:25] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[17:25] <@Silvors> Vanilla ranged parries!
[17:26] <@Silvors> r 18
[17:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[17:26] <@Silvors> r 18
[17:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
00[17:27] <BobaFettuccine> > CECILE
[17:29] <@Silvors> Cecile repeats what she did last time! Vanilla flies up again, bat in hand, and tries to knock the Baby Boy Blue back to the ground! BAMMO!
[17:29] <@Silvors> (5d 4 effort)
[17:29] <@Silvors> r 22
[17:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
00[17:30] <BobaFettuccine> r 18 Dodge maybe a bit?
[17:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
00[17:30] <BobaFettuccine> Nope, no dodge!
00[17:30] <BobaFettuccine> r 6
[17:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[17:31] <BobaFettuccine> Only two damage, but he falls about 100 feet to the ground. (dr against 8d from the fall)
00[17:31] <BobaFettuccine> r 6
[17:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
09[17:31] * Complete_Zero is now known as Cezar
00[17:32] <BobaFettuccine> He falls about 100 feet and hits the ground with a sickening crunch, twitching for a few moments, blood, startlingly red against his blue skin.
00[17:33] <BobaFettuccine> >ATHENE
[17:34] <Antichthon> Minor action readed for intercept
[17:35] <Antichthon> And major action spent to do her best to keep blue guy from bleeding out, or at least choking on his own blood.
[17:35] <Antichthon> r 5 First aid, 1 effort
[17:35] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[17:36] <Antichthon> End of turn.
00[17:36] <BobaFettuccine> She manages to diagnose that there is a rib that has punctured through his skin, and it looks like his bones are hollow. Without serious medical attention in the next ten or twenty minutes, he's going to die.
00[17:37] <BobaFettuccine> > Big Head Kid, A.K.A. GEORGE
00[17:38] <BobaFettuccine> "See. You kill us, or he does." His, sad, quiet voice carries to them all again. "There's nothing to be done." He then looks to Cecile, the one who had just sentenced his friend to painful death. and tries to rend her mind asunder.
00[17:38] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[17:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[17:38] <BobaFettuccine> (Defend with wp)
[17:39] <@Silvors> r 7
[17:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 5 4 4 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[17:39] <BobaFettuccine> hit, roll wp to mitigate damage (6d 1ap)
[17:39] <@Silvors> r 7
[17:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 4 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
00[17:40] <BobaFettuccine> Cecile takes 5 psyche as the most horrifying, painful memories she has are ripped violently into the forefront of her thoughts.
00[17:40] <BobaFettuccine> > TESSA
[17:41] <Antichthon> Oh, why couldn't Evelyn be here? Or Conn? All Athene could do was lay Blue Guy out as comfortably as possible and send Purple Cloth Person a tired look. They were about the only person here who might have healing powers.
[17:41] <@Silvors> Cecile is at 7 psyche!
[17:41] <Kadmus> Tessa is frozen in indecision; she knows Athene want to stop fighting, but the kids are still attacking them. She holds her action.
[17:41] <@Silvors> Oh and Cecile starts screaming because those memories were /bad/.
00[17:41] <BobaFettuccine> > SCALEY DUDE
00[17:43] <BobaFettuccine> He screams as his friend is knocked from the cieling and is so obviously hurt. "NONONONONONONO" He runs to the blue child, dying on the floor and kneels, shielding the body with his own, keeping anyone else from being able to see it.
00[17:43] <BobaFettuccine> > MAYA
[17:43] <UltimixRed> Readies an intercept with their minor action
[17:44] <UltimixRed> Maya is unsure what is going on, but they're going to prep for the worst summoning a one handed war hammer that is anti-anomaly
[17:44] <UltimixRed> r 14 +2 Focus
[17:44] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[17:44] <UltimixRed> +2 damage for 2 attacks.
[17:45] <UltimixRed> "Athene, take a break i'll cover for you."
00[17:47] <BobaFettuccine> > MICHEAL
[17:51] <Inebriated_Lobster> I'll take a major action to assist Maya
[17:51] <Inebriated_Lobster> with an attack
[17:51] <Inebriated_Lobster> r 12
[17:51] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[17:53] <Inebriated_Lobster> -end turn-
00[17:54] <BobaFettuccine> > PURPLE ROBE GUY
00[17:56] <BobaFettuccine> He makes a soft kind of high pitched keening noise and casts a spell on Cecile, resist with Vitality!
00[17:56] <BobaFettuccine> r 14
[17:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[17:56] <@Silvors> r 4
[17:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[17:57] <BobaFettuccine> Cecile starts glowing with sickly green wisps of smoke, those will last for 4 rounds!
00[18:00] <BobaFettuccine> > BLUE GUY
00[18:00] <BobaFettuccine> He bleeds on the ground
00[18:00] <BobaFettuccine> >CECILE
[18:01] <@Silvors> Cecile grunts at seeing the blood. She wasn't supposed to kill the guy! She looks at Athene and imagines the girl's wrath before running over and biting herself on the thumb, giving a bit of blood to Baby Boy Blue. Just enough so that he won't die.
[18:02] <Kadmus> (Tessa will take her delayed action after Cecile's turn)
[18:02] <@Silvors> Minor action is readying Ranged Parry.
[18:02] <@Silvors> r 7
[18:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[18:02] <Antichthon> Oh, right, Cecile had healing blood. …Athene blanked on that
[18:03] <@Silvors> Gonna change that minor action to giving him a regen potion. Because fuck that roll. Blue Boy will heal 1 hp per round for 5 rounds.
00[18:03] <BobaFettuccine> Because bat lady who almost killed his friend is coming at him, the scaley dude who is completely covering Blue Boy doesn't let her near.
09[18:03] * Lena|afk is now known as Lena
[18:04] <@Silvors> "M-Move so I can heal him! I-I didn't mean to kill him!"
00[18:05] <BobaFettuccine> "NONONONO BAD LADY BAD BAD LADY!"
[18:05] <Antichthon> "I'll take care of him," Athene said, after giving Cecile a grateful look.
[18:05] <Antichthon> And she would try on her turn.
[18:06] <@Silvors> Can Cecile wait until after Athene's turn to give the boy a healing potion and her blood? Because she's doing that.
00[18:08] <BobaFettuccine> > ATHENE
00[18:09] <BobaFettuccine> > ACTUALLY TESSA
[18:09] <Kadmus> Tessa looks at the kids, trying to figure out something, anything, that she can use to end this situation. Any leverage, or any hints as to what she can do to make this just stop other than by killing everyone on the other side.
[18:11] <Kadmus> Burn 1 Psyche for 3 Focus, spending it on the roll.
[18:11] <Kadmus> r 16
[18:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[18:13] <BobaFettuccine> Well, she notices that the walls each have a stress point. Someone as strong as say, Athene, or that lizard dude, or maybe bot working in concert could probably bust a hole in them.
00[18:13] <BobaFettuccine> > ATHENE
[18:15] <Antichthon> With Cecile's permission, Athene would take the regen potion from her and approach scaley dude. She put a hand on his shoulder. "Can I give this to him?" She showed the regen potion. "It will help." Motherly smile.
[18:15] <Antichthon> Minor action set for intercept.
00[18:16] <BobaFettuccine> Scaley guy holds out his hand for it, sniffling.
02[18:16] * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:thmq:iqvj:rwgz:ujnl:poum) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[18:17] <Antichthon> Well, she'd have rather given it to Blue Guy herself, but she didn't have much of a choice but to trust Scaley Dude was smart enough to do it right. She handed it over.
[18:18] <Antichthon> Turn done.
00[18:20] <BobaFettuccine> > GEORGE/BHK
00[18:21] <BobaFettuccine> The big head kid, slowly glides towards the blue guy, and Athene feels someone trying to speak in her mind. They all do. Anyone who is trying to resist the speaking roll wp
[18:21] <Kadmus> r 4 Beacuse fuck anyone else getting into her head.
[18:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
00[18:21] <BobaFettuccine> r 10
[18:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[18:23] <@Silvors> r 7
[18:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
00[18:23] <BobaFettuccine> Buys the successes
00[18:25] <BobaFettuccine> In their minds they hear. ~Because you healed him when you didn't have to, I thank you. I can't hurt you since you saved his life. If you guys are going, then get out of here. You can probably break through the walls of this room at least.~ He then helps the scaley dude give Blue Guy the potion.
[18:26] <UltimixRed> "Wow…you fucking serious dude? Like thanks, still grateful but we could have done this from the start, like sorry George, didn't wanna slash your friend." Maya says, only half serious. [Well…this is better than slaughter but…]
[18:27] <Kadmus> Tessa looks like she's about to puke after that invasion, but she lifts a shaking hand to indicate the weak points on the walls. "Hit- hit them there. That's where they're weakest," she manages, and then turns her chair so she can't see the kids any more and hugs herself.
[18:28] <UltimixRed> Maya throws whoever is going to do the breaking "Here's an anti-anomaly hammer, might help you break it down."
00[18:29] <BobaFettuccine> > COMBAT OVER
[18:29] <Antichthon> Combat was over, by the looks of it. Athene felt a swell of relief, followed by iron determination. Once the potion was applied, Athene took the anti anomaly hammer and got Scaley Dude's attention. "Let's do something actually right for a change." And with the hammer, and maybe-hopefully-possibly scaley Dude's help, Athene assaulted the wall.
[18:29] <Antichthon> r 18 Vitality
[18:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[18:30] <@Silvors> Cecile adds in, "I-I'm sorry, I-I'm sorry I… I-I'm sorry." In a series of embarassed stutters.
00[18:30] <BobaFettuccine> Purple fabric guy floats down towards George and they start speaking quietly. They nod to each other and huddle together with the other two, seemingly resolute and sadly accepting of what's going to come next.
02[18:32] * SnoozleBee (dooF.sevoL.yllaeR|525721diu#dooF.sevoL.yllaeR|525721diu) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
[18:34] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael Lowers his spear, watching the purple guy carefully, wanting to apologize. with the pain he himself suffered however, he cannot bring himself to do so.
00[18:35] <BobaFettuccine> Athene manages to crack a semi-person sized hole in the wall, on the other side of the wall are two pedestals, in a room with a single door out the other side. The walls are painted a pastel blue, and there are three pedestals in the center, one has the flash drive on it, one has the cylinders with spirits in them, and the other has a peculiar gem on it. The gem is labeled freedom, the flash drive is labeled duty, and the spirits are labeled friendship. Over an intercom the man's voice plays. <You only get two, which ones will you choose I wonder?>
[18:35] <Antichthon> Oh, fuck this dude.
[18:35] <UltimixRed> "Alright, so we should move quick before dickbag magee Grenda comes in trying to fuck us…over. And woo, he already did."
[18:36] <Kadmus> "Or hey, we each take one and tell him to go fuck himself?" Tessa mutters, glaring at the intercom.
00[18:37] <BobaFettuccine> <Oh, I wouldn't suggest that my dear.> The voice replies.
[18:37] <UltimixRed> "What, because your hand is starting to chafe!?"
[18:38] <Kadmus> "That's why /I/ suggested it, cocksmear," she grumbles.
[18:38] <Antichthon> To Tessa Athene said, "Sounds like a plan to me." Her expression was once again opaque.
00[18:38] <BobaFettuccine> <You're welcome to try, but remember, those who aim for too much, often end up with nothing at all.>
[18:39] <Kadmus> Tessa examines the pedestals. Are they rigged to, for example, explode?
[18:39] <Antichthon> Mindspeak to Tessa, song, dance, respect, all that. [This guy thinks he's so clever, but he's just a sick little man. Whatever punishment he has for us taking all three, I bet it's mechanical.]
[18:39] <Antichthon> Tessa already had the same thoughts!
00[18:40] <BobaFettuccine> Roll me an investigation please +1 from Mechanics
[18:40] <@Silvors> Cecile walks up and stares at the freedom one.
[18:40] <UltimixRed> "Cecile, don't touch jack shit just yet." Maya is going to start making more Anti-Anomaly hammers. Just in case
00[18:40] <BobaFettuccine> It's an odd gem that flickers with a sickly green light.
[18:41] <Kadmus> Tessa burns off another Psyche to gain 3 more effort, and spends 2. Buys 2 successes.
[18:41] <Kadmus> r 3
[18:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[18:41] <Kadmus> Wait, 1 more
[18:41] <Kadmus> r1
[18:41] <Kadmus> r 1
[18:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[18:41] <Kadmus> 3 net successes.
[18:42] <Antichthon> Athene approached the platform of "Friendship," Getting no closer than Cecile. She shared a look with the girl.
00[18:43] <BobaFettuccine> Tessa can see that the floor is actually rigged to fall away, she can't quite figure out what will trigger it, but… context clues.
00[18:44] <BobaFettuccine> <You're all forgetting how little I value human life, and how many humans reside in this building.> There's a distinct note of glee to the man's voice.
[18:45] <Kadmus> "The floor is rigged to fall if too many items are taken," Tessa says. She reaches under her chair and pulls out some tools that look about the right size and weight. "Probably best if most of us go to the door, and the most nimble swap the items quickly. Also, he's definitely going to kill everyone just to spite
[18:45] <Kadmus> us, no matter what we do." Her voice is bleak and hopeless by the end of her speech, as she holds out the tools.
[18:46] <UltimixRed> Maya "FUCK YOU RIGHT IN THE ASS WITH A WOODEN STAKE. ALL THE SPLINTERS!" Maya screams.
[18:46] <Antichthon> Athene nodded as though Maya had just made a thoughtful, reasonable point.
[18:46] <@Silvors> Cecile thinks for a minute before blinking. "C-Can we, um… i-is it just the floor in-in there?"
[18:47] <Antichthon> "We might escape the trap," Athene said. "But he'll kill his slaves to punish us."
[18:47] <@Silvors> Cecile hums for a moment. "Wh-What do you th-think the gem is?"
00[18:48] <BobaFettuccine> If anyone has artifact design or magic, they can roll to figure it out.
[18:48] <UltimixRed> r 5 Artifact design
[18:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 5 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
00[18:48] <BobaFettuccine> +1 for infusion, +2 for malediction
[18:49] <Antichthon> "A key?" Athene said, before rubbing her chin and really checking it out.
[18:49] <Antichthon> r 7 magic
[18:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 5 4 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
00[18:49] <BobaFettuccine> Maya sees that it's enchanted similarly to the collars, but not quite the same.
00[18:50] <BobaFettuccine> Athene works out that the enchantment basically the projection that activates the collars.
[18:57] <Antichthon> Thoughtspeak to all of them, a hint of excitement in Athene's voice. Thoughtvoice? [I think the gem controls the collars!] All this magical studying she'd been doing lately has paid off in spades.
[18:57] <UltimixRed> Maya gives a single hrmmm "So…what's the plan gang, I got the speed down pat if need be." they also have a small pile of giant ass hammers at their feet.
[18:57] <Kadmus> Well, that makes the plan much easier. "Freedom first, then," Tessa whispers. "We can sort the rest once we've freed the slaves."
[18:58] <Inebriated_Lobster> "Thats sounds like a good idea." Micheals says soberly "We owe them at this point."
[18:59] <Antichthon> Athene didn't bother to respond. She just took the gem and smashed the fuck out of it.
00[19:00] <BobaFettuccine> <That's one.> The voice sounds out, interested now.
09[19:00] * Silvy (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
09[19:00] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Silvy
[19:00] <@Silvy> Cecile goes up to them and whispers, "H-How can he kill th-the slaves if he doesn't have the control gem? An-And what if touching it k-kills the slaves?"
[19:00] <Antichthon> "Tessa, you said the floor is going to fall away, right?"
[19:00] <Kadmus> "Yes."
[19:01] <Antichthon> Athene hopefully had enough knowledge of the gem that smashing it would work and not kill everyone, because wow, otherwise gg Athene.
00[19:02] <BobaFettuccine> Well, none of them have any way of knowing now.
02[19:02] * @Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[19:02] <Antichthon> "So…why not let george do it?"
[19:03] <Antichthon> What did it matter if floors fell away if you were telekinetic?
00[19:03] <BobaFettuccine> <This is starting to bore me. You all have… We'll say ten seconds to make the second choice.>
[19:03] <Kadmus> Tessa moves to make sure she's out of the pillar room.
[19:04] <UltimixRed> Maya is ready to leap to safety, drag another person with them if they could…probably can't.
[19:04] <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael does the same. He won't be any good in there.
[19:04] <@Silvy> "I-I can, um… V-Vanilla can fly and I-I have a potion that l-lets me walk on walls… o-or I could just warp the space so that the pillar i-is within arms reach from th-the door.
[19:04] <@Silvy> "
00[19:04] <BobaFettuccine> <Ten.>
[19:05] <Antichthon> Ah, crap. Not enough time to get George. To Cecile, "Do it!" Athene snatched up Mary's spirits and evacuated the pillar room.
09[19:05] * gk_1wm_su (vv.hhz.342.77|1111111111#vv.hhz.342.77|1111111111) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[19:05] <BobaFettuccine> <Nine.>
02[19:06] * gk_1wm_su (vv.hhz.342.77|1111111111#vv.hhz.342.77|1111111111) has left #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[19:06] <BobaFettuccine> <Ah, very good then.>
[19:06] <Antichthon> Well, they'd already picked two. Getting the flash drive was up to Cecile now.
00[19:06] <BobaFettuccine> The room starts to sink, the whole room, not just the floor.
[19:07] <UltimixRed> "Annnnd this is where our story ends. I want a fucking refund." Maya groans
[19:07] <@Silvy> "Wh-which way?" Cecile asked before running over to the entrance, compressing the space between it and the pillar so she could snag the flashdrive right as she stepped out of the room.
00[19:07] <BobaFettuccine> Cecile, roll power, something is actively resisting it.
00[19:08] <BobaFettuccine> Also, of note, the pedestal room is sinking, not the other room.
[19:08] <@Silvy> r 15 Cecile is using the only focus she has!
[19:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
00[19:08] <BobaFettuccine> r 15
[19:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
00[19:10] <BobaFettuccine> For some reason the space that Cecile bends snaps back into place immediately, there's no time, door or flash drive, which one?
[19:10] <Antichthon> "Leave the drive!" Athene cried. She cradled Mary's spirits to her protectively.
[19:12] <@Silvy> Cecile had to make a decision and… She ran towards the door. But! Cecile had a back up plan! Time for the ability of Vanilla's that is never used, Immovable Object! Vanilla flies up and goes to put its hands on the roof while its colors invert, locking it in place as it becomes completely immovable!
[19:13] <@Silvy> r 18
[19:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
00[19:15] <BobaFettuccine> While Vanilla is indeed immovable, the ceiling is not, in point of fact, indestructible. A hole is cracked through the ceiling of the room as it continues sinking. None of them can see into the room any more since Cecile can't see through walls. The door that they all slipped through is now gone for some reason.
[19:16] <@Silvy> Cecile curses and has gravity retake Vanilla, trying to have the projection grab the flash drive despite being blind. Blind people could function, right?
00[19:17] <BobaFettuccine> yee 1d100
[19:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D100 for BobaFettuccine: [ 32 ]
[19:17] <Antichthon> "Cecile, stop, It's over. Let's go." Athene wasn't losing her team. She headed back the way she came, sticking her head into the fight room. "George, get your friends and let's get out of here."
00[19:17] <BobaFettuccine> Unfortunately, Vanilla can't quite find the flash drive.
[19:18] <@Silvy> "I-I can do-do it though." Cecile replied, feeling sick at herself as Vanilla continued bumbling around.
[19:18] <UltimixRed> Maya winces as this all goes down, they didn't get what they wanted. "It's fine, getting out alive is more important!"
00[19:19] <BobaFettuccine> Oddly enough, the fight room is now the entry hall once more. And George and the others are nowhere to be seen.
[19:19] <Antichthon> Athene gave a frustrated cry.
00[19:19] <BobaFettuccine> In addition, the entry hall doesn't look nearly as opulent and rich as it had before.
[19:19] <@Silvy> "V-Vanilla's still in the-the room with it. W-We can… w-we can do it!" Cecile promises as she Vanilla keeps moving around.
[19:20] <Kadmus> Is there any sign of any of the slaves? Tessa looks around, hoping not to spot a bunch of piles of rotting goo.
00[19:20] <BobaFettuccine> What were once rich hardwoods and plush velvet are now threadbare linen and splintery pine.
[19:20] <Antichthon> No one could plan for everything. Athene rarely was able to plan for even one thing How did this scumbag keep outsmarting no matter what they did?
00[19:20] <BobaFettuccine> No piles of goo, Tessa, there's that at least.
[19:20] <UltimixRed> "We were completely duped." Maya says with rage, smashing a hammer into a wall with a scream. "We got abso-fucking lutely nothing for this."
[19:21] <@Silvy> Cecile tries to feel for Vanilla's position relative to her own, maybe?
[19:21] <Kadmus> Can they see outside? There's a suspicion in the back of Tessa's head that's pretty concerning, frankly.
00[19:22] <BobaFettuccine> No windows, though someone could open the door.
[19:22] <Antichthon> "No," Athene said. "We got these." She showed the spirits. "And maybe, just maybe, we freed the slaves." Athene tried to find the door. She had a bad feeling that if they stuck around too long, they might never leave.
[19:22] <UltimixRed> "Why do I have a great fucking feeling he's being VERY exact about what the hell freed means."
[19:23] <Kadmus> Tessa follows Athene, hoping that they're not going to find themselves having been teleported to somewhere terrible and dangerous. Uh, terribler and dangerouser?
02[19:24] * Antichthon (ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|nohthcitnA#ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|nohthcitnA) Quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Anti|Gone)))
09[19:24] * Antichthon (ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|nohthcitnA#ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|nohthcitnA) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[19:25] <BobaFettuccine> When Athene opens the door, she finds that, no longer are they in a desert, but what seems to be a forest of some kind, lined up in front of, what is no longer a mansion, but a cottage, is six rows of ten slaves, all kneeling, all with red running down their fronts. The man's voice appears, once more, as if from nowhere. <Ah, what a lovely diversion. I hope you all enjoyed your visit. I know that I did. And look. You freed every single slave. Well done.>
[19:26] <Kadmus> "Next time I see him, fuck the consequences," Tessa hisses. "I am going to kill him." She moves to see if the slaves are, as she expects, dead and bleeding.
02[19:26] * Mjeowlnir (ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|tobecid#ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|tobecid) Quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
09[19:26] * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
09[19:26] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Silvors
[19:27] <UltimixRed> "Well…that is. You know what, i'll fucking take it. 60 not dead people, spirits, no info. I don't think the WATC is going to hate us for picking to not be monsters."
09[19:27] * Mjeowlnir (ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|tobecid#ten.ocdim.fgskzlt-455-569-6-97|tobecid) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
00[19:27] <BobaFettuccine> All of the slaves have had their throats cut, in the exact same way, in the exact same position, it seems meticulously and precisely done.
[19:27] <Antichthon> Athene just stared. "They're not 'not dead.'" Her voice was empty
[19:28] <Kadmus> "They're all dead," Tessa says, voice hollow. "Fucking- DUCK!"
[19:28] <Kadmus> *FUCk
[19:28] <UltimixRed> "Or not. That's what he meant by freed. Freed from their mortal coil. Let's just fucking go home."
[19:28] <Antichthon> Athene ducked. No, that was just her curling in on herself.
[19:28] <Inebriated_Lobster> Rage Consumes Michaels face, as he unthinkingly stabs the nearest tree
00[19:28] <BobaFettuccine> The tree is stabbed, that poor tree.
02[19:29] * @Silvy (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.0-635-804-259|srovliS) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[19:29] <@Silvors> Cecile was still curled up and crying.
[19:30] <Inebriated_Lobster> A little of his composure gained, he manages to get the words out through clenched teeth. "Should we…Bury them?"
00[19:30] <BobaFettuccine> And then one of their radios crackles to life and the good doctor's voice comes through. <What happened? How did you get to Oregon? Is the Mission complete?>
[19:30] <Kadmus> Tessa activates her communicator. "We'd like to come home, please," she whispers. It's obviously taking an effort of will not to cry. "And we'll need pickup for- for sixty dead."
[19:30] <Antichthon> Once again, Athene found the strength within her to move on. She approached the corpses, getting a better look at how they were killed. Trying to confirm it wasn't because she smashed the gem. That she hadn't killed them. She said softly, "He really is just like Mother."
00[19:31] <BobaFettuccine> No, they'd been killed long before that gem had been smashed.
00[19:32] <BobaFettuccine> Response to Tessa sounds infinitely exhausted, like he'd heard this kind of thing before. <I see. Prepare for a portal.>
[19:32] <Antichthon> To Micheal Athene shook her head, hollow. "These people had families. We'll get someone out here to collect the bodies and return them to them." Athene doubled back to find Cecile. She'd pick up the poor girl and cuddle her.
[19:32] <UltimixRed> Maya has gone silent, almost literally on fire with fury. They go to start lifting the bodies through the portal when it opens.
[19:32] <@Silvors> Cecile was trembling as she got picked up, her arms jerking forward for something to hold onto… which happened to be Athene. She hugged the girl tight and cried into the crook of Athene's neck.
00[19:33] <BobaFettuccine> A portal opens up roughly five minutes later and a team of agents in hazmat suits start to collect the bodies. The doctor is there, looking tired and sad. He gestures for the kids to come on through. "You'll each get a debriefing report to fill out later. For now… Rest."
[19:34] <Kadmus> "This- this-" Tessa trails off, staring at the bodies. It's even worse, because they make her hungry. She just sort of sits there, staring, for a little while, and then, finally, goes through the portal. She gives Athene a significant look, and a sad, weary nod.
[19:34] <Antichthon> Athene rubbed Cecile's back in return. No cooing, no saying it would all be okay. Because it wouldn't. Sixty people were dead. Cecile in arms, Mary's spirits juggled on top of her, Athene passed through the portal.
[19:34] <UltimixRed> Maya trudges on "I'm sorry." is the only word to pass through her lips as she walks through
[19:34] <Antichthon> She returned Tessa's nod. Yeah. They made her hungry, too.
00[19:35] <BobaFettuccine> The doctor doesn't respond to the mumbled apology, just a sympathetic look and a nod.
[19:35] <@Silvors> "I-I'm such a f-failure." was what Cecile mumbled as she kept crying, her breath shakey and her eyes like floodgates. It would also be her answer to any questions.
00[19:36] <BobaFettuccine> ~MISSION COMPLETE: 6XP 500$~
00[19:36] <BobaFettuccine> NPC ESCAPED: MAXIMILLIAN PRICE
00[19:37] <BobaFettuccine> ITEMS RECIEVED SPIRITS
00[19:37] <BobaFettuccine> ITEM LOST INFORMATION

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License