Witch's Labrynth

BEGIN LOGGING AT Fri Jun 05 06:29:56 2015

  • Now talking on #firestarters
  • Topic for #firestarters is:
  • Topic for #firestarters set by SirGoldFish (Tue Jun 02 16:06:00 2015)
  • Muninn has quit (Ping timeout: 181 seconds)
  • Rose27 is now known as AFKRose27
  • SavanahHolland has quit (Ping timeout: 186 seconds)
  • SolongStarbird (~moc.rr.ser.anilorac.14E71402-CRInys|atSgnoloS#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.14E71402-CRInys|atSgnoloS) has joined
  • SavanahHolland (~SavanahHo@3C454E17:8403ED60:D8ADCA06:IP) has joined
  • FullMetalBitch (~ten.xoc.sk.sk.1238BEDC-CRInys|lateMlluF#ten.xoc.sk.sk.1238BEDC-CRInys|lateMlluF) has joined
  • You are now known as Kioku
  • SolongStarbird is now known as Solongisouttolunchfornow
  • Solongisouttolunchfornow is now known as SolongStarbird
  • SirGoldFish (~LordGoldF@68ED0123:469F15B4:8A243AD6:IP) has joined
  • ChanServ sets mode +q on #firestarters SirGoldFish
  • ChanServ gives channel operator status to SirGoldFish

<SolongStarbird> Bryce is waiting at the launchpad with the jet.
<SirGoldFish> (WHOAH, no he's not.)
<SolongStarbird> (He will be, he will just stand there.)
<SolongStarbird> With him is a lady in a labcoat.
<SolongStarbird> She is flipping through page after page of clipboard info.
<SirGoldFish> (No, he's not. It's my NPC. Use someone else.)
<SolongStarbird> (Only there to fly the jet, because who else will?)
<SirGoldFish> (A a random nameless NPC that can fly.)
<SolongStarbird> REDACT BRYCE
<SolongStarbird> I REPEAT, REDACT BRYCE!
<SolongStarbird> She is accompanied by a few of the school's guards.
<Uracilo> Ju walks onto the launchpad, hands in his pockets. He's got nothing better to do, right now, and money can't be bad, even if the work is worth many times the amount.
<SolongStarbird> She eyes the student ~I hope he has a strong mind….~
<SirGoldFish> Julian nods at Ju's presence. "Hey." He goes back to drinking his coke.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith scurries onto the pad after a couple of minutes, running up to the pad out of breath and hugging Andrea to her chest. She didn't have time to change out of her paint splattered apron or paint splotched headscarf. "Am I too late?" She manages to squeak out as she tries to catch her breath. She is not a very athletic girl.
<SolongStarbird> "Alright… they told me a minimum of two… oh, three. No, you arrived just in time, so here we go. I am Dr. Jocelyn Sanders. I am essentially a anomaly psychologist… mind stuff. You are being sent to retrieve an anomalous artifact in Greenland."
<SirGoldFish> "Uh, can you be more specific, perhaps?"
<SolongStarbird> "I'm getting there. It is a black gem, dubbed the Grief Gem by my research team. We discovered it in a dave in Greenland. Our attempts to retrieve it have been less than successful, not because of rival factions, oh no, the Grief Gem defends itself. Your goal is to subdue it. Analysis concludes that it responds to touh by shutting down its defenses. This is what you are here for, to subdue and acquire it for us."
<SolongStarbird> *cave
<Uracilo> Ju sighs, taking his usual role during these annoying negotiations. "Are we getting any equipment…?" he asks, mocking a little hope.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith smiles seeing that Kimmy is with them for the journey. She leans over to Julian and whispers to him, "nice to meet you. I am Lilith Al'Khoury."
<SolongStarbird> "The standard patch and brace… and each of you are to receive one experimental pill. My team designed it to help recover mental stability." ~Hopefully we ironed out those side-effects…~
<SirGoldFish> Julian nods. "Nice to meet you. My name is Julian Teller. I think I saw you this morning setting up posters and the such."
<SolongStarbird> "Take it to alleviate mental unwellness (recover 1 psyche)." Jocelyn is only allowing small pauses for socialization, talking over them if they go on for too long.
<FullMetalBitch> "Oh yes, sorry." Lilith says to him with a nod before turning to look up at the teacher. "Oh, uh, do we have to use it? I am already on medication and do not want to conflict it."
<SolongStarbird> She nods to the guards, and three of them set to work, bracing and patching each of them, and then handing each of them a silvery, fairly large, pill.
<SirGoldFish> Julian grimaces at the pill with a bit of skepticism.
<Uracilo> "If you don't want them, I could probably use them more than you two."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith quickly pawns off the pill to Ju, not wanting it.
<SolongStarbird> "I'm feeling generous, and we want to further testing of these, so you each get an additional pill!" She hands the second pill to them personally this time. "If we don't encounter any observable issues or side-effects with the pill, you get to keep the unused pills. I know, I'm so generous."
<SirGoldFish> "So, do we like get water with the pill or do we have to swallow it dry?" He says with a bit snark in his voice.
<SolongStarbird> "If you brought water, fine, if not, you have saliva for that."
<SirGoldFish> Julian shrugs, tossing the pill in a rift in time and space. "Alright."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith pawns the second pill off onto Ju as well.
<SolongStarbird> "Just a fair warning, the way the gem defends itself is by forming a rift in the mental and physical fabric of the universe, we call it a labrynth. The gem should be at the center of the 'labrynth.'"
<SolongStarbird> "At least we think… We at least know it is somewhere in the labrynth…"
<FullMetalBitch> "May we request tools? Like flashlights, or water bottles, or uh, rope."
<SolongStarbird> "We should have those on the jet… I think…" She looks to a guard, who hops on the plane, he sticks his head out a moment later and gives a thumbs up. "Yes we do."
<SolongStarbird> "You will be equipped with what you need."
<SirGoldFish> "/Fantastic,/ glad to see you people taking the utmost care for us."
<SolongStarbird> "Indeed." Dr. Sanders smiles. "Onto the jet now, the sooner the better."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith heads to the jet, squeezing Andrea close to her chest as she makes her way on board.
<SirGoldFish> Julian dashes towards the jet. "I call shotgun!"
<SolongStarbird> ~Oh dear… I think I may have ended up with the mentally troubled students…..~ Jocelyn thinks to herself as she watches them pile onto the jet. ~But then again… aren't all kids?~
<SolongStarbird> The jet takes off as soon as they are all on board. "To Greenland we go!" Dr. Sanders says in a sing-song way.
<Uracilo> Ju takes a seat and straps in. He hasn't brought anything to mess with on the trip, so he sighs.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith sits down and buckles her seat's strap. Setting Andrea in the seat next to her and buckling him in as well. "Kimmy," she says after settling in.
<SolongStarbird> (Now is the free socialize time. Tell me when you are done so we can land in Grennland.)
<Uracilo> "Hey…" answers Ju. "How are you doing?"
<FullMetalBitch> "Good! Better. I just want you to know, when we are out there. Feel free to, do your thing."
<Uracilo> "I will if we get into trouble, yes. Let's hope we do not."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay!" Lilith says as she starts to look around, "I am going to start packing my backpack." She digs around the cabin and tries to get supplies.
<SolongStarbird> Though Jocelyn is trying to hide it, she is assessing the students… their aptitude.
<SirGoldFish> /Kimmy? He looks sort of like a dude…/ Julian pulls out his phone and starts tapping away at some game. "So, what should I know about my intrepid group members?"

  • AFKRose27 is now known as Rose
  • Rose is now known as Rose271

<Uracilo> "I'll help with any mental effects. It's my power. I'm not sure what you can do, however." Ju waits on his seat, knowing the trip will take some time. He'll prepare his pack when it's soon to land.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith doesn't answer the question, spending her time tucking away water bottles and other sundries. She takes a few textbooks out and sets them aside to make room for more things.
<SirGoldFish> "I am a magician. I call upon the arcane arts to animate objects and well mess with things… I am also the happy owner of my own private pocket dimension."
<FullMetalBitch> "Make them come alive?" Lilith says glancing over. As if on cue, Andrea tilts his head over to look at him as well.
<SirGoldFish> "Yes, I make them come alive and they /generally/ obey my commands."
<SolongStarbird> ~Yes! Manipulate mental powers! He's perfect!~
<FullMetalBitch> "Oh, cool." Lilith says as she turns back away from him to finish packing away things. Andrea waves his paw at Julian from his buckled down spot.
<Uracilo> (I think we can continue now)
<SolongStarbird> (Okay)
<SirGoldFish> Julian pulls out a top hat from his pocket dimension and tips it at Andrea.
<SirGoldFish> (Now we can continue)
<SolongStarbird> The plane touches down in Greenland later. "Alright, we are here! Grab those supplies I was talking about, and get on out there."
<SolongStarbird> (Tell me what supplies you grab.)
<SirGoldFish> (What are the supplies, again?)
<FullMetalBitch> (Rope, flashlight, water bottles, off-brand snacks. A Glock 17 with two mags. A small first aid kit.
<SolongStarbird> 30 feet of rope, three canteens of water, two lanterns, and a lighter
<SolongStarbird> And what FMB listed
<SirGoldFish> Julian tries to take the rope and put it in his pocket dimension. Want me to roll for that?
<SolongStarbird> Sure.
<Uracilo> Ju sighs and takes his canteen and a lantern, plus the lighter. No weapons or protective gear, as usual.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith pulls on her backpack and makes sure the straps are tight. She picks up Andrea and pulls him to her chest and hops out of the plane. She is immedietly happy she wore fleece-lined tights today and one of her fuzziest sweaters.
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+1-8
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+1-8 —> [ 4d3=9 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> The portal cooperates and Julian stuffs the rope away into the dimension.
<Uracilo> Ju tightens his own set of straps across his torso, his coat the same as usual, but his pants having been changed for something longer after a few bad brushes with snow. He's protected from the unforgiving cold and from the straps digging into his skin.
<SirGoldFish> "There we go."
<Uracilo> Ju jumps out the open door onto the snow, landing in a crouch. He quickly walks over to where Lilith is standing.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith has picked out some rope, a flashlights, a couple bottles of water, some snacks. And a loaded Glock-17 (in-holster, flashlight attachment) with two magazines.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith looks back over to Kimmy and Julian, commenting to them as she adjusts her headscarf to try and keep some of the cold out. "I hope the cave is a little more warm.
<SirGoldFish> Julian looks at Lilith nervously as she picks up the glock before hopping out of the plane just behind Ju. /Oh boy./
<SolongStarbird> "Alright. You will find the entrance to the gem's labrynth somewhere in that cave." Dr. Sanders points to the icy maw in the land. "Now go, and get us that gem!"
<Uracilo> Ju walks into the cave, motioning for the other two to follow. "Don't forget to tell the rest if you see anything strange," he reminds them.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows after Ju and glances over to Julian. "I like your tricks," she says with a smile as she falls in behind Ju. "You are like the tricksters at the market."
<SirGoldFish> "Alright, I'll make sure to say if I see the Bogey-man."
<SirGoldFish> "Uh, thanks Lilith, I think…"
<SirGoldFish> "what kind of tricksters? if you don't mind me asking."
<FullMetalBitch> "You know, the men who would make you watch them pull a flower from air. As their son would take your purse from you."
<SirGoldFish> He laughs. "Well, don't worry. I'll only take your money if you give it."
<SolongStarbird> Once they reach what seems to be the back of the cave, they enter and icy cavern, and there it is, a giant floating ball, easily 8 feet tall, and perfectly reflective and round… and flawless, like a ball made out of a mirror. The entrance to the labrynth.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith stays behind the rest of the group. She has taken the time to strap her holster to the waist of her skirt, tucking her sweater and shirt behind it so it's accessible. As well as pulling out the flashlight and keeping it on, and pointed in front of her.
<Uracilo> Ju grabs a nearby pebble and chucks it at the sphere, watching to see how it reacts.
<SolongStarbird> The pebble disappears into the floating ball, and ripples reverberate around the entire ball, as if Ju had thrown the pebble into a giant glob of lquid metal.
<Uracilo> "I guess we're supposed to jump in there…" he mutters, looking a little queasy.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith looks around the cavern, looking to see if there are any guards. Or scientists. Or anyone monitoring this… thing.
<SirGoldFish> Julian throws a crushed can of coke at the ball.
<SolongStarbird> It has the same effect, perhaps making slightly bigger ripples. The can is gone too.
<SirGoldFish> Julian shrugs. "Shall we continue on our way?"
<SolongStarbird> Could you roll something along the lines of observance tehn Lilith?
<SolongStarbird> Brains?
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+4 braaaaains
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+4 braaaaains —> [ 4d3=9 ]{5}
<SolongStarbird> Lilith notices a well-concealed camera hidden beneath a rock.
<FullMetalBitch> "They do not have anyone in here to watch, but a camera? Is it healthy to be here?" Lilith says to the group as she digs around the room.
<SirGoldFish> "Hmm, it does not seem there is a lot to this room, shall we continue on?"
<SolongStarbird> Lilith's patch comes to life. "It is for scientific purposes. If the sphere does anything I want to see it. Carry on."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith reaches up and touches the patch, or where it would be under her headscarf. She looks towards Julian and Kimmy on where to go from here.
<Uracilo> Ju walks towards the sphere and tries to put his gloved hand in it.
<Uracilo> through it*
<SolongStarbird> It readily accepts his hand, and it feels like sticking a hand in water, except that there is no wet feeling, and the inside of the sphere is warmer than the icy cave.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith walks over next to Ju to watch.
<Uracilo> Ju pulls his hand back, hurrying to examine it.
<SolongStarbird> There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
<Uracilo> He sighs and steps into the sphere.
<SirGoldFish> (It's floating. I don't think you can step into the sphere?)
<SolongStarbird> Only a few inches off the ground.
<SolongStarbird> Like stepping up a stair.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances at Julian after watching Ju go in, before walking back a bit and running full speed at the sphere. Pulling her legs up and squealing as she flies into it.
<SolongStarbird> (Forgot to add that.)
<SolongStarbird> Ju steps into a hallway, facing the dark red brick wall. The hallway runs to his left and his right. Lilith flies in after him, and almost faceplants into the wall.
<SirGoldFish> Julian sighs and walks into the sphere. "I swear to god if this kills me.."
<SolongStarbird> Julian joins the two. The hall is remarkably plain, other than the fog that allows them to see only 20 or so feet in front of them. The only question that remains is left or right?
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith stumbles and skips on the ground, stopping herself before she hits the wall. She glances around quickly. She quickly reaches into her backpack and pulls out a note book and a pencil. She starts to sketch the layout of the hall they're in and writes "entrance" where they are.
<SirGoldFish> "Hmm, this is creepy… Should we tie the rope around us? So none of us can get taken away?"
<SolongStarbird> Julian's rope measures 30 feet, and Lilith's 75.
<FullMetalBitch> "Taken away?" Lilith says looking up at him curiously.
<Uracilo> Ju looks over Lilith's shoulder and nods. "A map is a good idea. We can use the rope if something strange appears, but it's not worth it right now. I'll restrict our movements."
<SirGoldFish> "Well, being taken away is the sort of thing that happens in fog…" He looks to Ju. "Fair enough, We probably wont need it."
<FullMetalBitch> "Let us just stay close and promise not to be seperated," Lilith says as she adjusts herself. Holding the notebook close and the pencil ready.
<SirGoldFish> He nods. "I say we take the right path if that's alright with you guys."
<Uracilo> "Let's go."
<Uracilo> Ju follows behind Julian, seeing as he decided on the path to take.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows behind Ju, scratching on the pad as they go to map it out.
<SolongStarbird> As you progress down the perfectly straight foggy hallway, it gives off the feel of those indie horror games. The journey is monotonous until you reach a door at the end of the hallway.
<SolongStarbird> Come to think of it, there are no sources of light at all in the hallway… how has the place been dimly lit so far? Where are the light sources?
<SirGoldFish> "I'm gonna knock on the door before we walk in." He goes slowly to knock, giving plenty of opportunity for someone to stop him.
<SolongStarbird> There is a pause of about 5 seconds, and them a sigle thump is heard, it is hard to tell if the thump was something inside that hit the door or the floor…
<Uracilo> Ju turns on his flashlight and points it at the door. "Open it."
<SirGoldFish> Julian opens the door as asked.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith shifts her notebook, her hand resting on the grip of her weapon.
<SolongStarbird> Opening the door, they come face-to face with a giant cuckoo clock. The hand is on the one. The extending arm seems to have gone back into the clock. The entending arm must have hit the door… The hands are moving much faster that they should….
<SirGoldFish> Julian looks almost disappointed. He goes to look around the room for anything of interest.
<SolongStarbird> The clock strikes two, and the extending arms pops back out twice. Instead of being tipped with a bird, the extending arm is tipped with a hand in the high 5 position. It appears very realistic. Quite startling.
<Uracilo> "Hug the wall, don't let it hit you," Ju says, pulling Lilith to the side.
<SolongStarbird> Is it a real hand? The hand goes back into the clock.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows allow behind Ju, hugging the wall with him as they shuffle.
<SolongStarbird> (Keep door open or shut it?)
<SirGoldFish> (Roll to find anything in the room and if so can I add intuition?)
<SolongStarbird> After I give room description.
<SolongStarbird> The room is dimly lit with candles placed on a few tables. It is darker than the hall. The room is actually not very big… but the ceiling extends ridiculously high… Is there even a ceiling? The walls are cluttered with hunting plaques. The animal heads appear slightly off… as if the gless eyes are following you. Even more clocks are up against the wall, though they don't seem to be working…. There is another gian
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+7-8 Looking for stuff in the room.
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+7-8 Looking for stuff in the room. —> [ 4d3=10 ]{9}
<SirGoldFish> (If you don't think it should count that's 6 without intuition.)
<SolongStarbird> Looking at all of the clocks against the wall, Julian notices that one seems out of place. It is silver while every other clock is gold. The hands on the clock are tipped with six-point stars.
<SolongStarbird> It is decently small too…
<SirGoldFish> "Hey, look at this…" Julian tries to take the clock from the wall. /Please be a secret passage way…/
<SolongStarbird> There isn't a secret passageway… but all of the other clocks in the room subtley quiver for a second, and then go back to being still.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith flips the page on her notebook and starts to taking notes on everything in the room. She pauses for a second as the passageway opens but keeps writing.
<Uracilo> Ju follows behind Julian, careful to stay out of the path of any clocks' doors.
<SirGoldFish> Julian attempts to turn the hands of the clock he's holding to midnight.
<SolongStarbird> There is no passageway, Lilith.
<FullMetalBitch> (Oops, sorry)
<SolongStarbird> The hands are firmly stuck in place, but when Julian turns the clock, the hands keep turning to point in a specific direction, like a compass. It points to the second big clock.
<SolongStarbird> (No problem)
<SirGoldFish> Julian goes to the second big clock and he tries to turn it to midnight. /That's the magic time in these things?/
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith continues to scribble notes. Sticking next to Ju and making sure to not get near any of the clocks.
<SolongStarbird> The hands continue to spin at their sped up pace, ignoring Julian's efforts to move them. There is a second door behind the second clock though… a way out and oward. The clock faces the door just like the first giant clock.
<SolongStarbird> *onward
<SolongStarbird> (Julian still have the small silver clock?)
<SirGoldFish> (Yup, he still has it.)
<SolongStarbird> (K… want to go out the second door?)
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3-8+1 Julian tries to take the second big clock and stuff it in his pocket dimension.
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3-8+1 Julian tries to take the second big clock and stuff it in his pocket dimension. —> [ 4d3=9 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> There is no way you are going to fit the second big clock in your dimension, it is as tall as you are. You could possibly fit the small clock in though….
<SolongStarbird> The silver one.
<SirGoldFish> Julian continues to hold the silver clock in his hand as he goes goes through the door. "Lets go this way."
<Uracilo> "Have you found a door? Let's continue, then. We can't waste time, we don't know what this place could do to us."
<FullMetalBitch> "We should hurry," Lilith says as she follows the group.
<SolongStarbird> The second big clock strikes three and a similar hand-tipped arm pops out, aexcept that this hand grabs the silver closk and attempts to snatch it from Julian. Very startling. Very creepy. Roll brawn Julian.
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+1-8 Critfail
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+1-8 Critfail —> [ 4d3=9 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+2 MINE
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+2 MINE —> [ 4d3=8 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> Julian and the clock wrestle over the clock for a good ten seconds, but Julian finally prevails and stumbles backwards out of the room with the clock. The hand goes back in and pops out two more times, grasping at the air violently each time.
<SolongStarbird> *over the silver clock
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith watches the struggle and comments to him as they finally start to move again. "Why?"
<SolongStarbird> Julian has managed to keep the silver clock. Judging by the way the giant clock tried to steal it back, the silver clock must be important… somehow…
<SolongStarbird> They are now once again in a hallway, but this hallway is much brighter. It looks like a school hallway. There are classrooms lining the hallway… it seems. The blue doors look fake….
<Uracilo> Ju tries one of the doors, to see if it leads to a classroom.
<SirGoldFish> Julian follows behind Ju.
<SolongStarbird> The door isn't a door… it is a paniting… nothing more than a giant wall decal… but it seemed so real….
<SirGoldFish> Julian looks to see where the silver clock is pointing.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith continues to scribble as she keeps up with the group. Wondering if the hallway reminds her of any of her old schools.
<SolongStarbird> The clock is pointing down the hallway. The hallway seems to take a turn left farther up.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+4 brains have i seen a hallway like this
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+4 brains have i seen a hallway like this —> [ 4d3=10 ]{6}
<SirGoldFish> "I guess we go down this way." He says unenthusiastically. pointing in the direction where clock is pointing.
<Uracilo> Ju sighs and starts walking down the hall. "Let's try to not stop anymore."
<SolongStarbird> The hallway is not exactly the same as the ones in Sunnybrook. It just seems like a generic school hallway… for a highschool maybe?
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith continues on with Ju, continueing to scribble and write.
<SolongStarbird> Once they take the left turn, the hallway extends down until it turns left again. There is a noticable difference this time though. On the right side of the hallway, every several doors, one is a color other than blue.
<SolongStarbird> The one closest to them is black, a few blue doors, then a white door, a few blue boors, a red door, a few more blue doors, and finally a green door, wwhich is almost at the other end of the hallway.
<SirGoldFish> "Guys wanna explore or do you just wanna keep going?"
<SolongStarbird> The silver clocks hand is waving back and forth the the direction of the right side of the hallway, as if to try pointing to all four doors at once.
<SirGoldFish> *explore one of the doors
<SirGoldFish> "Uh, looks like we're supposed to go through one of these doors, I think."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith says as she writes more notes about what they're seeing and doing. Scribbling the entire time.
<SolongStarbird> Choose one then (in order from closest to farthest): Black, White, Red, Green
<Uracilo> "Did they tell us what color the gem is?" asks Ju, as he examies the doors closely, looking for details.
<FullMetalBitch> "Black, if I remember right."
<SirGoldFish> "Yeah, that sounds about right…" Julian goes toward the black door and knocks twice on it.
<FullMetalBitch> "I mean. It is called the 'Grief Gem', so it is that or red. Right?"
<SolongStarbird> There is no reply.
<SirGoldFish> Julian opens the black door to see what's inside.
<SolongStarbird> It looks like a door to the outside. This school must be by a cemetary though, because the arched entrance to rows of upright stones is right nearby.
<Uracilo> "That looks ominous… Let's check the other doors, first."
<SirGoldFish> "So, how about each of us check one of the doors?"
<FullMetalBitch> "Not safe, stick together."
<SolongStarbird> The clock's hand continues to wave, pointing to each of the four doors in turn.
<SirGoldFish> Julian nods. "Lets check the green one then."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows him over there.
<SolongStarbird> (Green one is farthest away. The next closes t is the white door)
<SirGoldFish> Julian follows the ritual of knocking and then opening the door if there is no response.
<SolongStarbird> (So green door?)
<SirGoldFish> (Yes)
<SolongStarbird> The crew passes the white and red doors, going to the farthest end to check the green door.
<SolongStarbird> There is a second, and then a few knocks back, followed by muffled laughing.
<SolongStarbird> *second-long pause
<FullMetalBitch> Lillith tucks her pencil behind her ear (in her headscarf, really). Before settling her hand on her weapon.
<SirGoldFish> Julian refrains from opening the door. "Alright, there are demons or some shit in that one, I say we pick another."
<SolongStarbird> (Red and white doors remain unchecked)
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith says just wanting to get along.
<SirGoldFish> Julian goes towards the red one, following the same ritual of knocking and opening if there is no response.
<SolongStarbird> There is no response
<SirGoldFish> Julian opens it, hearing no response.
<SolongStarbird> A wave of hot air is released. There is a giant volcano whose peak reaches into the dark sky, rivulets of red lava trickling down to pool in slowly solidifying lakes. A winding path goes up towards the top of the volcano, and then wraps around, aupposedly to go down the other side.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith stops writing in her notebook for a minute to look though the door.
<SirGoldFish> Julian slams the door shut as quickly as he can, wide eyed. "Lets check the last door."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith answers as she heads to the white door.
<Uracilo> "So… Black is a cemetary, and Red is… a volcano. Death and fire? Green must be earth or nature, maybe wind. No idea what white could be, however."
<SolongStarbird> The white door is back down the hallway the way you came, between the black and red doors.
<SirGoldFish> Julian just opens the white door without knocking to see what's inside.
<SolongStarbird> The floor just inside the door is made of clouds, and the sky is blue, perhaps a shade or two darker than the normal sky, but much more inviting looking than the other rooms, though what would be blow the clouds? One would have to step in to find out.
<SolongStarbird> *below
<SirGoldFish> Julian pulls out a pencil from space and throws it in the room to see if it falls through the clouds.

  • FullMetalBitch glances back down the hallway to see if this is the end of the hallways. If the doors are the only way forward.

<FullMetalBitch> (shit sorry)
<FullMetalBitch> (lilith glances*)
<SolongStarbird> The pencil lands on the cloud, but does not bounce or make a sound. The same result would occur had the pencil be thrown on a pillow.
<SolongStarbird> The hallway makes another left turn down at the opposite end. It could be implied that this might lead them back to where they started.
<SolongStarbird> It would seem that the four doors are the way to go, especially since the silver clock approves.
<SirGoldFish> "So, either this or the cemetery. What do you two think?" He asks the group.
<FullMetalBitch> "It is best to face the darkness first" Lilith says as she looks at him.
<SirGoldFish> "So cemetery it is!" He says feigning excitement he makes his way to the black door unless someone stops him.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows behind him, taking the time to put her notebook and pencil away and take Andrea back out.
<SolongStarbird> They return to the black door. It is once again closed, the way they left it.
<SirGoldFish> Julian goes through the cemetery. "So, why do you have a teddy bear with you? Is it part of your abilities or is there another reason?"
<FullMetalBitch> "He is my best friend," Lilith says as she follows him in. "His name is Andrea."
<SirGoldFish> Julian nods at Andrea. "I used to have a lion plushy… before my mom lit it on fire when I was 10."
<SolongStarbird> The door stands alone. One would expect it to be attached to a building, but no, it just tands there, nothing behind it. It should be physically imposible for anything to be back through the door, but there it stands, alone and defying reality.
<SolongStarbird> The graveyard is surreal in its uniformity. Almost all of the graves look exactly the same. The sky is dark and grey, with the occasional lightning, yet it makes no noise.
<FullMetalBitch> "That is awful," Lilith says to him. Nuzzling Andrea closer to her face at the thought of a stuffed animal getting hurt.
<SolongStarbird> There is one grave that stands out, not because it is slightly larger, but because it has a visitor. Seen from behind, it appears to be a person in a brown monk's robe, the hood is pulled over the head… is that a halo above its head?
<Uracilo> Ju walks behind the other two, and tries to use his power to read the person visiting the grave.
<SirGoldFish> Julian casually looks at the graves trying to read engravings as he continues on his way. "Yeah, my mom said I was too old for it" He says clearly a bit sour. He stops silent seeing the robbed figure.
<Uracilo> roll 4d3-8+4 Emotional Read to ascertain humanity.
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+4 Emotional Read to ascertain humanity. —> [ 4d3=6 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> There is static… with the occasional wail. How odd… this must not be human.
<Uracilo> "Do either of you see an exit? Stay away from that thing, it's not human."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith stands by Julian as she watches the figure. Her mind searches around for the strings in the graveyard and starts to play with them, dancing in the ethereal realm to find some threads she can control.
<FullMetalBitch> "Just the door," Lilith mentions to Ju as she glances back to see if it is still there.
<SolongStarbird> The figure know they are there. It turns around. It is definitely not human.
<SolongStarbird> http://oi58.tinypic.com/2ak0i12.jpg
<SirGoldFish> Julian whispers. "Should we try to talk to it?"
<SirGoldFish> *whispers to the group
<Uracilo> Ju takes a step backwards, and readies himself. "I don't think that's a good idea…"
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances back at Ju, then back towards the creature. Hugging Andrea tighter as she stares at the creepy mask.
<SirGoldFish> "Well, he has a halo over his head, do you see any other options?"
<SolongStarbird> The creature opens its beak, and the static and wailing Ju heard is the sound that comes out. It begins to step towards them.
<SirGoldFish> "Okay, it's evil." Can Julian try to magic hand the halo away into his hand?
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith snatches a string of one of the headstones to see if it's even possible to pull it and throw it. (Is it maleable to her powers?)
<SirGoldFish> *(Can Julian try to magic hand the Halo away?)
<SolongStarbird> As it steps away, a red rose and a piece of paper are seen laying in front of the grave, the silver clock is pointing at the slightly larger grave.
<SolongStarbird> Yes to both.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith grabs the strings and, always one to over react in a situation like this. She tries to rip the gravestone from the ground and fling it at the creature.
<SirGoldFish> roll 4d3+5-8 (OVERDRIVE!) I want that halo, it's shiny!
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+5-8 (OVERDRIVE!) I want that halo, it's shiny! —> [ 4d3=6 ]{3}
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+5 Pull the strings
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+5 Pull the strings —> [ 4d3=8 ]{5}
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 the halo is a part of me
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 the halo is a part of me —> [ 4d3=9 ]{19}
<SolongStarbird> One of the uniform grave stones is hoisted from the ground, ready to be thrown.
<SolongStarbird> The halo does not move.
<FullMetalBitch> (Do I need to do a seperate role to actually throw it?)
<SolongStarbird> No.
<FullMetalBitch> (Thanks babe!)
<SolongStarbird> Lilith chucks the gravestone at the white raven monk thing.
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 not in my realm
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 not in my realm —> [ 4d3=7 ]{17}
<SirGoldFish> (BRB, gonna go get water.)
<SolongStarbird> The moment the gravestone touches the thing, it disappears. The raven monk takes another step forward.
<FullMetalBitch> "Bye!" Lilith screams as she turns and starts running towards the door.
<Uracilo> Ju runs after her, helping her run if he overtakes her.
<SolongStarbird> http://i.imgur.com/zJcUnG3.jpg (once more if the previous url did not work)
<SolongStarbird> (Oh and was that overdrive health or psyche?)
<SirGoldFish> (Health)
<SolongStarbird> (K)
<SirGoldFish> Julian starts stepping trying to talk to the birdman. "Alright, hey, I know were invaders and all, but how about we just try to hash this out and talk things through!"
<SirGoldFish> "Sound good?" (Want me to roll to persuade?)
<SolongStarbird> If you wish.
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+8-8 Come on! You can trust me
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+8-8 Come on! You can trust me —> [ 4d3=8 ]{8}
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 —> [ 4d3=7 ]{17}
<SirGoldFish> Julian just runs away with the rest of the group, clearly this is not worth the trouble.
<SolongStarbird> The raven cocks its head for a second.
<SolongStarbird> As if to contemplate the message.
<SolongStarbird> It then opens its mouth and the static and wailing come once more, except the wailing forms comprehendable language this time.
<SolongStarbird> "I am sole in purpose. The gem stays here. You don't."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith skids into the hallway, sliding back to push her back against the wall next to the doorway. She fights to catch her breath.
<SolongStarbird> The raven takes another step forward, as if priming itself to chase them.
<SolongStarbird> Agility rolls + any running skills please
<Uracilo> roll 4d3-8+3+4 Celerity to run
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3+4 Celerity to run —> [ 4d3=4 ]{3}
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+6-8 Yoinks, guys, lets get outta here!
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+6-8 Yoinks, guys, lets get outta here! —> [ 4d3=8 ]{6}
<SolongStarbird> I'l let Lilith be outside. She started running first.
<FullMetalBitch> (Totes)
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6-6 sole in purpose, but not the fastest
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6-6 sole in purpose, but not the fastest —> [ 4d3=7 ]{-1}
<SolongStarbird> Julian makes it without a problem.
<SolongStarbird> Ju (critfail) trips on the way out.
<SolongStarbird> The sentinel, though seemingly unstoppable, is still burdened by the robe it is wearing. Ju has time to get up and continue running out the door.
<SolongStarbird> All three make it out.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith has taken her weapon out it's holster, her grip isn't perfect, but her Father taught her how to use one well enough. Though there is a slight shake.
<SolongStarbird> The silver clock has stopped wavering between all of the doors. It now points only to the black door. (At least for now.)
<SirGoldFish> "Lets try the cloud one." Julian eyes Lilith, still not liking the fact that she has a gun…
<SolongStarbird> The white door is a short walk away.
<FullMetalBitch> "What did it say to you?" Lilith says in between breaths.
<SirGoldFish> "I am sole in purpose. The gem stays here. You don't, or something like that."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay, okay." Lilith says as she thinks about it, looking back towards the door.
<Uracilo> "We should choose a door with the most cover. Hide from it."
<Uracilo> "We have to test the green door. Maybe whatever's inside can keep it occupied?"
<FullMetalBitch> "Cover me!" She says in a hushed tone to them as she opens the door and slips back in and starts in a sprint towards the nearest cover. Hoping the creature isn't watching too closely.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 Stealth
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 Stealth —> [ 4d3=7 ]{7}
<SolongStarbird> Lilith is successful. The sentinel does not see her.

  • SolongStarbird is now known as Solong_will_haz_dinner_wait_pl

<Solong_will_haz_dinner_wait_pl> -brief pause-

  • Solong_will_haz_dinner_wait_pl is now known as SolongStarbird

<SolongStarbird> -continue-
<SolongStarbird> Lilith can just make out the red of the rose a few rows of gravestones away, especially since it stands out from all of the dreary grey.
<Uracilo> Ju looks through the door's keyhole, using his power to fill in the details, trying to discern what's going on with the monster and Lilith.
<SirGoldFish> "What do you see?" He asks standing besides Ju.
<SolongStarbird> roll the power then
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : the power then —> error: malformed expression
<Uracilo> roll 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading —> [ 4d3=8 ]{3}
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith sits behind one of the gravestones and looks for the one with the note and the rose on it. She holsters her weapon and takes a few breaths to calm herself.
<FullMetalBitch> (What do you see with your elf eyes lilith)
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneaking a peak
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneaking a peak —> [ 4d3=9 ]{9}
<SolongStarbird> (Overload heath or psyche?)
<SolongStarbird> Lilith is a supreme ninja… either that or the sentinel doesn't have good eyesight… She is now ducked under the gravestone right in front of the larger one.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith decides to go for it, now or never. She takes one last breath before she makes a dash to go and grab the note and the rose.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 theft that shit
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 theft that shit —> [ 4d3=8 ]{8}
<Uracilo> (Ju's overload is Psyche)
<SolongStarbird> Ju reads the sentinel. It is almighty in all but a few aspects, including speed and eyesight, however, its mental acuity is through the roof, meaning if you are close enough it can sense you. It also seems like touching it will do something undesirable.
<SolongStarbird> Lilith snatches the rose and note beneath it with no problem. She looks up to read the stone. "RIP baby Scarlet. Though you only graced us with your presence for a month, we will never forget you." The note says something similar, except it is accompanied by a picture of a crying stick figure.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith starts to run back towards the entrance, carrying her loot.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneak
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneak —> [ 4d3=7 ]{7}
<SolongStarbird> Do you get anywhere close to the sentinel?
<FullMetalBitch> (If she has to, to run towards the door)
<SolongStarbird> Lilith takes a slightly different route back to get to the door, closer to the sentinel.
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 mind's eye
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 mind's eye —> [ 4d3=6 ]{16}
<SolongStarbird> The sentinel detects Lilith, and begins to chase her.
<SolongStarbird> please roll for running away again please
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+4 run bitch
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+4 run bitch —> [ 4d3=8 ]{4}
<Uracilo> Ju slams the door open and uses his power to boost her reactions. Let her run faster for a time.
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6-6+3 OVERDrive the slowness away
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6-6+3 OVERDrive the slowness away —> [ 4d3=11 ]{6}
<SolongStarbird> The sentinel catches up and takes a swing at Lilith. Roll agility dodgy thing please.
<Uracilo> roll 4d3-8+6 Overdrive Response Control
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+6 Overdrive Response Control —> [ 4d3=7 ]{5}
<SolongStarbird> (So Ju is trying to slow it? Psyche again?)
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+6 She feels faster with Ju's help
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+6 She feels faster with Ju's help —> [ 4d3=5 ]{3}
<SolongStarbird> (Ah.)
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6 arms are faster than legs
<Uradice2> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6 arms are faster than legs —> [ 4d3=8 ]{6}
<SolongStarbird> The sentinel's arm grazes Lilith, and she disappears. The rose and paper fall to the ground.
<Uracilo> Ju slams the door closed, grabs Julian and runs through the nearest door that isn't black.

  • SavanahHolland1 (~SavanahHo@3C454E17:8403ED60:D8ADCA06:IP) has joined

<SirGoldFish> Julian pulls his arm away from Ju, but still runs with Ju.
<SolongStarbird> The clock still insists on pointing at the black door.

  • SavanahHolland has quit (Ping timeout: 185 seconds)
  • SavanahHolland1 is now known as SavanahHolland

<SirGoldFish> Julian really does not care what the clock says to do. He just continues following Ju. /Is she gone? No… no, there is no way./ Julian shakes his head, firming himself that she's not gone forever.
<SolongStarbird> Meanwhile, in the cold of the cave, Lilith awakens. Andrea is clutched tightly in her arms. As she lifts herself up, she finds that she has been laying on a gravestone, the one she threw at the sentinel. She looks around, and the giant mirrory orb is right where it has always been. Liltih feels a headache. (She has taken 2 psyche damage.) The sentinel ejected her from the labrynth….
<SolongStarbird> She will just have to deal with the mental damage and find a way to rejoin with Ju and Julian.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith sits up on the gravestone and takes some time to herself before she even tries that again.
<SolongStarbird> Where do you go now Ju and Julian?
<Uracilo> Through nearest door that isn't black.
<SolongStarbird> The white door then.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith eventually takes another running jump into the orb. Before using her hand drawn map to find a way back to the others.
<SolongStarbird> The clocks are all bonging when she goes through the clock room again. They must miss their silver buddy….
<SolongStarbird> (Have Julian and Ju gone through the white door yet?)
<Uracilo> Probably.
<SirGoldFish> (We said we were, so yeah.)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith eventually scurries down the hall to look where the others went. Finding the white door open, she rejoins them.
<SolongStarbird> (Alright back together again. Surprised to see her alive guys?)
<Uracilo> Ju is hiding behind the floating door.
<Uracilo> He doesn't see her make it through, he's trying to catch his breath in case the monster follows.
<SirGoldFish> Julian is following Ju.
<SirGoldFish> So he does not see her either.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith runs onto the clouds and stops about twenty feet from the door, looking around for her friends.
<SolongStarbird> The clouds float high above a gently swirling sea. Faces can be seen in the curents below though… very eerie. Spires of cloud reach up, making the place seems like a bunch of floating fluffy canyons.
<SirGoldFish> (Do we see Lilith?)
<SolongStarbird> Ju and Julian jump as they hear the sound of fluffy footprints.
<Uracilo> Ju just sits there, his mind filled with turmoil. This is all his fault, and there's no solution. His whole spiel the other day was a load of bullshit, who the fuck did he think he was, pretending he could help anyone.
<SolongStarbird> Who could it be? Is it that damn sentinel?
<SirGoldFish> Julian turns around to see what made the noise, his mind tensing with fear.
<SolongStarbird> (REDaCT footprints bit)
<SolongStarbird> (REDACT THEREDACT)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances around the odd room, holding Andrea close.
<SolongStarbird> Julian sees Lilith, looking around at the cloudscape.
<SirGoldFish> Julian looks upon Lilith with fear and skepticism. /Can't be totally sure that this is her…/ "Lilith?" he says, his voice quivering.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith looks back at him, a smile on her face "I am fine! It just sent be back out of the silver thing."
<Uracilo> Ju hears her voice and his power feeds him information. It then works to "cure" him of any emotional reaction. He stands, ready as ever.
<Uracilo> "Let's go, then." Ju emerges from his hiding spot and begins searching for an exit.
<SirGoldFish> He breaths a sigh of relief. "Alright, good to see you're okay, lets go."
<SolongStarbird> The sprawling exapnse of cloud spires lies before you, yet the clock points towards the door behind you.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith steps over to the two of them, "okay." She falls in line to follow.
<Uracilo> "Are we sure the clock points to the exit? It could point at whatever that thing was."
<SirGoldFish> "I have no idea, but I really don't want to fight that bird thing again, unless you guys want to."
<FullMetalBitch> "Not really," Lilith says.
<SolongStarbird> (Forward then?)
<Uracilo> (Yes)
<SirGoldFish> (Yup)
<SolongStarbird> The clouds are large, and when they do come to an end, the gap beween one clound and the next is never more than two or so feet apart. Jumping across is scary though, since the sea of faces looms below.
<SolongStarbird> You continue walking through the forest of cloudy spires until…
<SolongStarbird> brains roll all three of you
<Uracilo> Roll 4d3-8+3
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 —> [ 4d3=9 ]{4}
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+3
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+3 —> [ 4d3=9 ]{4}
<SirGoldFish> roll 4d3+4-8 add 3 if intuition helps.
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+4-8 add 3 if intuition helps. —> [ 4d3=5 ]{1}
<SolongStarbird> Ju and Lilith notice a figure looming on the next cloud over. No… it can't be…. can it? Is there more than one of them?
<FullMetalBitch> "Can we leave?" Lilith asks Ju quickly.
<Uracilo> Ju sighs. "Yes, I do think it's better that we do… Hopefully there isn't one of those things behind every door."
<SolongStarbird> As has been learned from previous experiemce, the sentinels can be snuck around easily, as long as you don't get too close.
<Uracilo> "We could try to dodge around it, without getting noticed…"
<FullMetalBitch> "I can try," Lilith says, "I just messed up last time."
<SolongStarbird> Very conveniently for you, there is a split in the path of the clouds. As long as you are discreet about it, so should be able to walk around the sentinel without an isue.

  • FullMetalBitch scurries along.

<FullMetalBitch> (Lilith)
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneak
<Uradice2> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneak —> [ 4d3=7 ]{7}
<SolongStarbird> (If the other two are going to follow, I'll need some sort of roll as well.. agility?)
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3-8+3 He tries to sneak along with Lilith.
<Uradice2> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3-8+3 He tries to sneak along with Lilith. —> [ 4d3=8 ]{3}
<Uracilo> Roll 4d3-8+3
<Uradice2> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 —> [ 4d3=5 ]{0}

  • Uradice2 is now known as Deadice

<SolongStarbird> Lilith and Julian have no issue, but Ju stumbles. The sentinel's head darts over to look at the cloud. Roll again Ju for the save.
<Uracilo> Roll 4d3-8+3
<Deadice> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 —> [ 4d3=7 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> Ju awkwardly darts behind one of the cloud spires. The sentinel turns its head back and continues standing guard. It may be on slightly higher alert, but it does not truly notice them. Another white door can be seen ahead.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith rushes as quickly as she can towards it, after seeing Ju is safe.
<Uracilo> Ju also sprints towards it.
<SirGoldFish> Julian follows the crowd and sprints with them.
<SolongStarbird> They open the door and they enter a circular room. Half of the room has walls. The four doors are there, but this time with no blue doors to seperate tehm. They are all close together. Every room would have led to this place. The other half has no wall, and looking over the ledge you would see that you are orbiting what appears to be the moon… only redder. A bloodmoon.
<SolongStarbird> On the wall-less side of the room a staircase extends up to a massive door. The stairs up to it have no guard rails. Be careful.
<Uracilo> "Okay, 'now' we use the rope."
<SolongStarbird> You wouldn't want to fall down into space and burn up in the atmosphere of the bloodmoon.

  • FullMetalBitch nods and pulls the rope out to start tying off with the group.

<FullMetalBitch> (SORRY ! LILITH*)
<SolongStarbird> The silver clock lets out a tiny bong. The hand has syopped pointing at the way back and is now pointing at the massive door.
<SolongStarbird> *stopped
<SirGoldFish> Julian tries to pull the rope from his dimension.
<SolongStarbird> The star-tipped hand almost seems to quiver with anticipation.
<SolongStarbird> roll for that
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : for that —> error: malformed expression
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+1-8
<Deadice> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+1-8 —> [ 4d3=6 ]{-1}
<Uracilo> (Lilith has rope already.)
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8 dueling realities
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8 dueling realities —> [ 4d3=5 ]{-3}
<SirGoldFish> Oh, he would not in that case, nvm.
<SirGoldFish> redact
<SolongStarbird> (OK.)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith starts to tie the end of the length around her waist, then offers it to Ju.
<Uracilo> Ju does the same, leaving the end of the rope for Julian to tie to himself.

  • SavanahHolland has quit (Connection reset by peer)

<SirGoldFish> Julian ties it around himself.

  • SavanahHolland (~ten.tsacmoc.nt.1dsh.6EF0B29E-CRInys|oHhanavaS#ten.tsacmoc.nt.1dsh.6EF0B29E-CRInys|oHhanavaS) has joined

<SolongStarbird> The three carefully climb the steps and arrive at the door. The clock is shaking now, but not so much as to make it hard to hold. It just seems excited if that makes sense.
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith says with a breath as she watches the endless abyss. "Ready."
<SolongStarbird> In the massive stine door are three slots. The first is marked with the star of David, the second three tear drops, and the third a cross with the sun rising behind it.
<SolongStarbird> *stone
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith blinks a bit as she looks past the group to see three symbols, two of which she understands instantly.
<SirGoldFish> "I say we go through the tear drop."
<SolongStarbird> The slots are very small, as if item were meant to be placed in them.
<Uracilo> "Place the clock near the star sign. Does it fit?"
<SirGoldFish> Julian goes over to fit the clock in the star "I guess that makes sense."
<SolongStarbird> The clock slides into the slot perfectly. The hands spin around at incredible speeds, until they both stop at midnight. The little silver clock lets out twelve happy little bongs.

  • FullMetalBitch nods her head with excitement, "good!"

<FullMetalBitch> (Lilith* FUCK)
<SolongStarbird> A clicking noise is heard, like a lock being released.
<Uracilo> Ju tries opening the door.
<SolongStarbird> The door doesn't budge. There must be more than one lock… there are three slots….
<Uracilo> Ju sighs. Figures. "What are we missing?"
<FullMetalBitch> "Tears and Islam," Lilith comments.
<SolongStarbird> The empty slots contain the symbols of three tears, and a cross with the sun rising behind it.
<FullMetalBitch> (Oh oops)
<FullMetalBitch> (That's not islam silly lilith, redact)
<SolongStarbird> (K)
<FullMetalBitch> "Tears and something," Lilith comments.
<Uracilo> "… So that means we have to go back?"
<SirGoldFish> Julian goes to sit against the door, slamming a fist against the door. "I guess we have to fucking more shit…"
<SolongStarbird> Tears…. where had they seen tears before?
<Uracilo> Ju drinks from his canteen.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tries to think, her mind trying to see if she can just find the threads of the lock for the door and pick it open that way.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+5 threads
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+5 threads —> [ 4d3=7 ]{4}
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+1000 there is no mortal force that can get through the door without all three keys
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+1000 there is no mortal force that can get through the door without all three keys —> [ 4d3=10 ]{1002}
<SolongStarbird> Nothing. The door wont even let her abilities through.
<SirGoldFish> Julian is not pleased by this at all. "Well, we gave it the good ol' college try. What do you guys say we just go back to the jet and give up?"
<FullMetalBitch> "Well," Lilith says turning towards Ju. "I give up."
<SirGoldFish> Julian looks to Ju. "Wanna just leave?"
<Uracilo> "Let's give this one last try." Ju downs one of the pills, to clear his headache.
<SolongStarbird> The clock bongs in agreement. It must want them to keep going too.
<Uracilo> "We go into the door, and I look around. If we don't find the items, we'll run all the way back."
<SolongStarbird> (If you want we can continue towmorrow.)
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith nods."
<SirGoldFish> Julian just throws his arms up in frustration. "I guess."
<Uracilo> Ju head for the green door, the one they hadn't checked yet. He opens it, his power ready to analyze everything in his line of sight for appropriate symbolism.
<Uracilo> heads*
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows after, the rope making sure of that.
<SolongStarbird> When he opens the door a monkey reaches out, knocks on the open door, and laughs.
<Uracilo> roll 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading
<Deadice> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading —> [ 4d3=7 ]{2}
<SolongStarbird> Normally this would be cute, but the monkey has a human face.
<SirGoldFish> Julian follows along, frustrated.
<Uracilo> Ju grabs the monkey. "Does this look appropriately symbolic? Maybe we're meant to make it cry?"
<SolongStarbird> Ju's ability tells him that the room has large amounts of these face monkeys, three sentinels, and no outstanding source that would suggest a key being in this room.
<FullMetalBitch> "He iss weird looking," Lilith says.
<Uracilo> "I don't think there's anything useful here…"
<SirGoldFish> "Wanna take a monkey along with us?"
<FullMetalBitch> "No, creepy."
<Uracilo> "Let's just leave it."
<SirGoldFish> "Aww, but it's cool."
<SolongStarbird> The monkey has the face of a middle-aged man. It laughs again.
<SirGoldFish> Julian shrugs. "Ah, fine."
<Uracilo> Ju closes the door, rubbing his temple. He heads for the red door and repeats the same process.
<SolongStarbird> The monkey runs off and climbs back into on of the many trees in the room's incredible forest.
<SolongStarbird> There are many sentinels, but on the other side of the volcano, near the top is an interesting energy signature…
<SolongStarbird> Looking up the silhouette of a cross can be seen in the lava's light.
<Uracilo> "One of the items is here… Let's try to get it. There are a lot of monsters, though."
<SolongStarbird> It would be no problem, other than the lava, to go up there, since all of the sentinels are on the other side of the volcano.
<FullMetalBitch> "Want me to try? I'm quick."
<Uracilo> "Be careful."
<Uracilo> "Try to take it from afar with your power. Don't go near the lava."
<SirGoldFish> "I'm quick as well."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith says as she takes off running.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneak up the mountain
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneak up the mountain —> [ 4d3=9 ]{9}
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+5 strings snatch the item
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+5 strings snatch the item —> [ 4d3=8 ]{5}
<SirGoldFish> "You've done enough work, lemme tr-." He shrugs and lets her run off.
<SolongStarbird> Lilith is a lava resistant mountain goat. She makes it to the top with no issue.
<SolongStarbird> Hanging on the giant metal cross is an amulet with a picture of a sun carved into it. Lilith takes this and begins to head back down the mountain.
<FullMetalBitch> "Got it!" Lilith announces handing it off to Ju.
<SolongStarbird> Making it back down without issue, Lilith leaves the room with the other two.
<Uracilo> "Okay, next door." Ju opens the black door, and does the usual, popping a pill in his mouth.
<SolongStarbird> They are back in the circular room, the giant door at the top of the space stairs.
<Uracilo> Roll 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading
<Deadice> Uracilo rolled : 4d3-8+3 Overload Cold Reading —> [ 4d3=8 ]{3}

  • Endorb is now known as OmnomnomOrb

<SolongStarbird> There are a few sentinels, and they all seem to be gathered around a specific spot. In that spot is the familiar energy signature.
<SolongStarbird> How inconvenient. You will have to find a way to lure them away it seems.
<Uracilo> "Whatever the item is, those things are crowding around it. Julian, can you make a distraction? Lilith can sneak in and grab it while you do."
<FullMetalBitch> "Works for me."
<SolongStarbird> lilith sneak roll
<SirGoldFish> "Hmm, you want me to run up?"
<Uracilo> "Could use that gun."
<SolongStarbird> julian roll either agility +run or cover fire
<Uracilo> "Run away from the door then fire it and hide. Sneak back here."

  • FullMetalBitch offers the gun to Julian.

<FullMetalBitch> (SORRY FUCK LILITH)
<SolongStarbird> then roll 1 sneak and 1 run then
<SolongStarbird> julian
<SolongStarbird> and roll stealth lilith
<SirGoldFish> Julian takes the gun. "Alright." Julian tries to execute the plan to the best of his ability.
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+3 Sneak
<Deadice> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+3 Sneak —> [ 4d3=9 ]{12}
<SirGoldFish> 12-8
<SolongStarbird> 4
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneak
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneak —> [ 4d3=8 ]{8}
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+4 run
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+7-8 Running
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+4 run —> [ 4d3=9 ]{5}
<Deadice> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+7-8 Running —> [ 4d3=4 ]{3}
<SolongStarbird> The plan is executed perfectly. Lilith comes to find that the last key is the rose and note. The sentinels had returned it to baby Scarlet's grave and were paying respects it seems.
<SolongStarbird> The three return to the circular room, now in posession of the last two keys.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith scurries out of the room with the items and looks back to see where the boy has gotten.
<SolongStarbird> They slam the black door shut.
<SirGoldFish> "Well that was easy."
<Uracilo> "Let's just do this…" Ju starts climbing the stairs again.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith follows him.
<SirGoldFish> Julian follows. "So, what's the actual point of doing this?" He asks Ju.
<SolongStarbird> The last two slots are waiting to be filled at the top of the stairs.
<FullMetalBitch> "That gem thing."
<Uracilo> Ju practically shoves the two items into the holes.
<SolongStarbird> The tear slot accepts the rose and note, and the cross slot accepts the sun amulet. Two more clicks are heard.

  • OmnomnomOrb is now known as Endorb

<Uracilo> Ju motions to the other two and settles to push the door alongside them.
<SolongStarbird> The heavy door, though it takes effort, swings open.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith watches from behind, making sure to get the pistol back from Julian.
<SirGoldFish> Julian hesitantly returns the gun to Lilith.
<SolongStarbird> Behind it is what appears to be a throne room. At the end of the hall on a pedistal is the grief gem, guarded by two sentinels.
<FullMetalBitch> "Same plan?"
<SolongStarbird> Behind them, sitting on a throne, is the ghost of a frowning baby in a princess outfit.
<SolongStarbird> (them as in the gem and sentinels)
<Uracilo> (Have we been noticed? How do these things react to us?)
<SolongStarbird> The sentinels look up at them, and shift into a more protectine stance.
<SolongStarbird> *protective
<Uracilo> Ju steps forward. "We've come for the gem. Release it and you won't be harmed."
<SolongStarbird> One says in static wailing, "You will not have the gem." The other, "You will not harm princess Scarlet."
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith looks towards Ju, still toying her finger along the trigger of her gun.
<Uracilo> Ju pats her back once. "Distraction."
<Uracilo> He whispers, under his breath.
<FullMetalBitch> "Got it!"
<SolongStarbird> Who is doing what?
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith scurries off the side of the room, trying to duck behind anything she can to sneak around the room towards the pedestal.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 sneak
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 sneak —> [ 4d3=9 ]{9}
<SirGoldFish> "Look, we're here to bring the gem to a safer place where no one will get it. We are only 3 teens who were able to penetrate your palace, so give it to us and we asure you to bring this kingdom into an era of prosper." Julian's trying to detract them.
<Uracilo> Ju runs directly at the sentinels and stops a hair from arm's reach. He jumps back to avoid all of their movements.
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 aware
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 aware —> [ 4d3=10 ]{20}
<SirGoldFish> Can julian roll to see if his speech destracted them?
<SolongStarbird> the sentinels shift to stand in Ju and Lilith's ways.
<SolongStarbird> If you want.
<SirGoldFish> roll 4d3+8-8 Detract or convince them.
<Deadice> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+8-8 Detract or convince them. —> [ 4d3=6 ]{6}
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tries to find the strings holding the gem, to pull it over to her, over their heads.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+7 OVERDRIIIIVE strings
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+7 OVERDRIIIIVE strings —> [ 4d3=8 ]{7}
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 one in purpose
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 one in purpose —> [ 4d3=8 ]{18}
<SolongStarbird> The sentiels will have none of Julian's babble.
<SolongStarbird> roll 4d3-8+6+6+6 difficult strings
<Deadice> SolongStarbird rolled : 4d3-8+6+6+6 difficult strings —> [ 4d3=8 ]{18}
<SolongStarbird> The gem shifts on the pedestal, now in the edge of it. The sentinels turn their attention to it.
<Uracilo> Ju circles the sentinels and the gem, mocking passes at taking the gem but backing up a second before the monsters can reach him.
<Uracilo> He moves closer to the princess.
<SirGoldFish> "Is there some sort of like challenge or something we can do? Prove our worthiness?"
<SolongStarbird> Lilith could try to reach from behind, or move it again.
<FullMetalBitch> "Fuck it!" Lilith mutters as she breaks into a sprint towards the pedastal, trying to use her history of theft from the markets back home to get past the guards and get the apple, er, gem and get away.
<FullMetalBitch> roll 4d3-8+8 stealth grab
<Deadice> FullMetalBitch rolled : 4d3-8+8 stealth grab —> [ 4d3=9 ]{9}
<SolongStarbird> One of the sentiels takes a step towards Ju, who is clearly a threat to the princess. Lilith takes advantage of both of the sentinels' diverted attentions and gets three fingers on the gem. It is all she needs.
<SolongStarbird> The gem's slight glow ceases, and the sentinels turn to piles of sand. The frowning baby princess is now smiling.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith holds it in her hand and looks around, surprised to say the least.
<SolongStarbird> Soeaking as if they were her first words, she says, "Thank you." The world shrinks, and all goes dark.
<SolongStarbird> *Speaking
<SolongStarbird> The three wake up in the icy cavern. The mirror orb and ejected tombstone are gone.
<SolongStarbird> The grief gem lays between the three of them.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith grabs it first, mvp.
<Uracilo> Ju lays there, letting the cold ease his headache.
<Uracilo> "I wonder if there's alcohol in the plane."
<SolongStarbird> All that is left to do is get out and give the gem to Dr. Sanders.
<FullMetalBitch> "Let us destroy it."
<SirGoldFish> "Look, I wanna get paid, Lilith."
<SolongStarbird> The patch pipes in. "No! We need it!" Jocelyn wails.
<SirGoldFish> "What the lady said."
<SolongStarbird> You can tell she has gotten herself worked up.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tosses it on the ground and takes out the pistol. She fires into it.
<Uracilo> Ju gets up and tries to stop her.
<SolongStarbird> No way will she see her long time goal be dashed feet before the finish line.
<SirGoldFish> Can Julian try to magic hand the gem into his pocket?
<SolongStarbird> The bullet ricochets off the gem and embeds itself into the cave wall.
<SolongStarbird> Yes. Magic hand.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith is stopped after the first shot by Ju, "do you want to help these people?!"
<SirGoldFish> Roll 4d3+5 OVERDRIVE. Julian tries to get the gem in his pocket and run!
<Deadice> SirGoldFish rolled : 4d3+5 OVERDRIVE. Julian tries to get the gem in his pocket and run! —> [ 4d3=6 ]{11}
<Uracilo> "Look, Lilith, calm down and think about this. It's a gem that literally causes grief. Just let them have it."
<SirGoldFish> 11-8
<Kioku> (-8)
<Uracilo> Roll 11-8
<Deadice> Uracilo rolled : 11-8 —> {3}
<SolongStarbird> Julian slips the gem into his pocket.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith looks down as Ju says this, she trusts him more than most people. "Okay," she says and puts it away.
<SirGoldFish> Julian runs off to get the gem to the lady and get paid.
<Uracilo> "We can talk later, okay? Let's just get back to the school for now. I don't feel well at all."
<FullMetalBitch> "Okay," Lilith says as she tries to take Kimmy's hand. "Let us get you back then to rest."
<SolongStarbird> The patch once again goes off. What is said is said almost through tears. "Please just bring it up… That gem will advance anomalous sciences in so many ways..,"
<Uracilo> Kimmy takes her hand and starts walking back to the jet.
<SolongStarbird> Once they get up top, Jocelyn snatches up the gem and legit hugs it.
<SirGoldFish> "Oh! Wow, really? Just gonna hug it, huh? Don't care about how we did or anything?"
<Uracilo> Ju doesn't feel like mentioning the possible effect it had on Lilith. They can hang onto the evil gem as much as they like.
<SolongStarbird> "Thank you so much. Let's get back immediately. The lab must study this immediately."
<SolongStarbird> And onto the jet and back they go.
<SirGoldFish> "Oh, still don't care about how we did, great…" He gets on the plane, clearly pissed.
<SolongStarbird> "You all are amazing. I'd kiss you all now were there no policy. " She is giddily hapoy.
<SolongStarbird> *happy
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith sits down in a chair and hugs Andrea close, hoping it was worth it to pay for a date with Wendy.
<SolongStarbird> Everyone take 500 moneys and 2 xp.
<SirGoldFish> Julian sits. "Sorry there, Lilith, about that back there…"
<SirGoldFish> *Sorry about that back there, Lilith
<FullMetalBitch> "Fuck off you trained dog," Lilith says as she closes her eyes.
<SolongStarbird> Take 500 moneys and 3 xp. (my bad)
<SirGoldFish> "Look, I just wanted to get paid, no one trained me to do shit."
<Uracilo> "That's just because they didn't need to… Whatever, you're not worth my time."
<Uracilo> Ju sits and straps himself on, then tries to sleep, his headache pounding.
<SolongStarbird> Never mind redact. the original reward stands. 2 xp and $500,
<FullMetalBitch> -Run Ran-
<SirGoldFish> Julian mumbles something to himself, clearly upset at the two self righteous mooks.

  • SolongStarbird has quit (Client exited)
  • JackieLegs is now known as DeadJackieLegs
  • Uracilo2 (~ra.ten.amirp.bac.BE735457-CRInys|olicarU#ra.ten.amirp.bac.BE735457-CRInys|olicarU) has joined
  • Uracilo has quit (Ping timeout: 187 seconds)
  • Uracilo2 is now known as Uracilo
  • Rose271 is now known as Rose27
  • FullMetalBitch (~ten.xoc.sk.sk.1238BEDC-CRInys|lateMlluF#ten.xoc.sk.sk.1238BEDC-CRInys|lateMlluF) has left
  • SavanahHolland has quit (Connection reset by peer)
  • SavanahHolland (~SavanahHo@3C454E17:8403ED60:D8ADCA06:IP) has joined
  • SirGoldFish has quit (Connection reset by peer)

ENDING LOGGING AT Sat Jun 06 05:39:35 2015

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License