The Edge of the Earth

May 13 17:03:31 <DarnellJermaine> A mission, huh? After another embarrassing loss to Nali in the danger room, Garrett could use a day off. He makes his way over to the briefing room and waves to anyone present, "Heyo!" he calls out.
May 13 17:04:20 <Kadmus> Conn blinks at the announcement. Well, he doesn't necessarily want a day off school, but he's always happy to go on a mission to keep people alive. He checks his watch, straps on his first-aid kit, and lurches off to the briefing room.
May 13 17:04:27 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael raises an eyebrow at the strange announcement, but decides he better go on this one. He jogs to his room and grabs his gear and armor, and heads to the briefing room.
May 13 17:05:35 <BobaFettuccine> Right after Mary finishes putting her stuff away in her room, she hears that over the intercom. A mission? She felt like she'd messed up really bad at the party the night before… Maybe she could make up for it with doing a mission and helping some people out. Yeah! She grabs all of the stuff that she'd been saving up, her new armor, her magic flower, her adrenaline patches, and
May 13 17:05:35 <BobaFettuccine> most importantly her unbreakable guitar and she heads to the briefing room.
May 13 17:06:53 <Neon> Floyd has decided that this would be as good a day as any to go die, so he's gathered his gun and his leather jacket and made his way down to the briefing room.
May 13 17:07:50 <gumbal1> A very tired looking intern sits at the head of the table, barely keeping themself awake. Papers cover it, mostly detailing some mountainous rural area in Scotland, complete with maps marking the electrical grid of the area. Why it would have one is anyone's guess, but if you can read past the technospeak it sounds like "break between existence and a conceptually non-existant space known as the 'Abynion'" is probably a good guess.
May 13 17:08:24 * AzuraSarah has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
May 13 17:10:11 <gumbal1> Some of the papers are marked messily with some things about "generators shutting down" and "why isn't anyone we send returning" and "if the generators don't go back up existence might break apart" and junk like that. Nerd!
May 13 17:10:53 <BobaFettuccine> Mary smiles at everyone in the room. For once she knew everyone that she was going on a mission with, unlike her previous two experiences with missions. She then smiles at the tired intern at the table. "So, uh, briefing?" She asks.
May 13 17:10:57 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett skims over the papers briefly, but it's all mumbo jumbo to him. "You said day off on the announcements, yeah? Give me the low-down brainiac- what are we doing?" he leans his arm onto the desk trying to look as cool as possible.
May 13 17:12:03 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael smiles at all the people he knew. He was glad to see Conn and mary along, He didn't know Floyd, and Garett would always worry him. He waits for the briefing.
May 13 17:12:29 <Kadmus> Conn takes up position to the side, so eeryone else can get to the desk, and casts his eyes over the papers. Breaking reality? Sounds like bad news. He nods to the people he doesn't recognise, and smiles and waves to Michael and Mary.
May 13 17:12:49 <Neon> Floyd gives Mary a casual wave before grabbing one of the documents, reading over it a moment before realizing he doesn't particularly care and putting it back down.
May 13 17:13:58 <gumbal1> "Uh…" The intern clutches their head in apparent pain, before seemingly noticing the five idiots who decided to live life to the fullest. "Uh, er…um. Well…take…" Intern blinks, before haphazardly shoving an already dissheveled pile of papers towards the group. "We need you to, er…get teleported in and, uh…restart the generators." They nearly have to stop themself from vomiting. "Uh, er…generators power some…thing. Anchors exist
May 13 17:13:58 <gumbal1> ence to, well…existence. Otherwise weird…void monsters get through. It's bad."
May 13 17:14:57 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Are there void monsters there currently?" michael asks, his face all bussiness now
May 13 17:15:43 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett frowns and picks himself up from the table, stepping closer to Michael. "Monsters and generators? Alright, I'll bite" he still kinda owed everyone for that embarrassing display last mission. He's ready to go when everyone else is, but for now he keeps his mouth shut and lets the others talk.
May 13 17:16:22 <gumbal1> "Um…we think." Intern briefly rifles through their bag, before pulling out some asprin tablets and downing three of them. "The, uh…generators have been shut down. For a while. We get…weird spots on satellite. And stuff."
May 13 17:16:33 <Kadmus> "Do we have a manual to show us how to restart these reactors?" Conn asks. "I am not very good with machines, tu sais?"
May 13 17:16:46 <BobaFettuccine> Mary blinks, whoever this person was, they were probably not the greatest at their job.
May 13 17:18:18 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael picks up the papaers and tries to make more sense of them than the snippets they already saw.
May 13 17:18:21 <BobaFettuccine> "Alright, and, uh, is there a map that shows us where the generators are?" Mary asks, frowning a little.
May 13 17:18:33 <gumbal1> "Uh…" Once more, intern rifles through yet more stacks of paper, before sliding a few pamphlets in particular towards the group. 'GENERATORS FOR DUMMIES: Everything you ever wanted to know about electricity off the grid!'
May 13 17:18:37 <Neon> Floyd seems content for now to let the others do the talking, watching the conversation transpire quietly.
May 13 17:18:45 <gumbal1> Maps are everywhere here.
May 13 17:19:51 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will grab a few maps of the area they are going into.
May 13 17:20:12 <Kadmus> Conn takes one of the 'GENERATORS FOR DUMMIES' manuals and starts reading through it very carefully. "Do we know anything about these void creatures?" He asks.
May 13 17:20:32 <BobaFettuccine> Mary hands Michael one of the generator pamphlets as well.
May 13 17:21:25 <BobaFettuccine> "Also, are barriers going to be provided to us for this mission?" She asks, "And how are we teleporting there? Do we get a way to communicate with you when we need to teleport back?"
May 13 17:21:33 * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 17:21:33 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Silvors
May 13 17:21:51 <gumbal1> "Uh, er, I…" Intern suddenly looks a bit confused and, more importantly, worried, as they take out their phone and begin franticly looking up something. 'Pay grade' is muttered a few times under their breath before they actually say anything. "Uh…otherwordly, conceptually confusing, mc-escher…type things. Bad. I'd say avoid."
May 13 17:21:56 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett picks up a map and a 'GENERATORS FOR DUMMIES' himself to peruse while the others finish up.
May 13 17:23:40 <gumbal1> "We uh…" Intern suddenly blinks, nearly yelps, and runs out of the room hurriedly. A few minutes later, and they're back with a few barriers, along with some two-way radios. "Uh, er…yeah, you'll be being…teleported. "
May 13 17:24:19 * Silvors has quit (Client Quit)
May 13 17:24:20 <Kadmus> Conn grabs a map, and shoots the intern a sympathetic glance. "What are everyone's abilities?" He asks. "We should share now so we are aware when we reach the site. I can heal people, I regenerate, and I am tres difficult to kill."
May 13 17:25:22 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett raises up a hand in a peace sign gesture, "Fire blasts, Water blasts, Sweet heals. And I have a slingshot"
May 13 17:26:07 <Neon> "All manner of witchcraft and wizardry. Also some stuff with angles, but that's kind of hard to explain."
May 13 17:26:23 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael grabs a barrier and a radio. "I control metal. how soon do we leave?"
May 13 17:26:31 <BobaFettuccine> "I'm really tough when I play music, I can heal people, I can also control fire and fly." Mary says with a nod to Conn, snagging a radio and a barrier.
May 13 17:26:56 <DarnellJermaine> Oh yeah, Garrett makes sure not to forget to grab a radio and barrier real quick! Phew, that would've been bad!
May 13 17:27:37 <Neon> Floyd grabs a barrier for himself as well, and a radio.
May 13 17:27:41 <gumbal1> Intern pauses, blinks, then texts someone on their phone. A few minutes later, a wheelchair-bound student suddenly appears in the briefing room. "This should, uh…be a minute. Just, uh…"
May 13 17:27:47 <Kadmus> Conn gears up too - barrier on his belt, radio next to his first aid kit.
May 13 17:29:22 <gumbal1> Those of you who have been teleported before know it's not always fun and games. As such, some of you may end up tensing up as the time to actual transport grows near…
May 13 17:29:42 <gumbal1> …and then you're transported to what feels like an exact replica of this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmDZz5pDOQ
May 13 17:32:27 * PuddleJumper has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
May 13 17:35:37 <gumbal1> …and soon you find yourself in a WHOOAAAAA, THAT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN. Instead of the wide open mountainous expanse you might have expected, the five of you find yourselves in what looks to be a cross between a wine cellar and a jail cell, rather large for a cellar all things considered but that's merely taken as a whole. Right now, all of you are standing in the same 8 x 6 ft cell, surrounded by lead bars and a dirt floor below your fee
May 13 17:35:37 <gumbal1> t, inscribed with various symbols. Also inside the cells are several wine barrels ande what looks like a naked, bloodied man a few cells down, hogtied and gagged. There's a note on one of the barrels in your own cell: "Please, no tresspassing - The Brackenwoods."
May 13 17:37:13 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett picks himself up and is shocked to find where they ended up. This wasn't the right place- they have to go back! Wait, that's not exactly an option. He sighs, "Great, now what do w-" then he spots the man a few cells down and has to hold himself back from barfing all over their crowded cell, "Jesus CHRIST where are we?!"
May 13 17:38:23 <BobaFettuccine> Mary blinks and looks around, really confused, "What?" She says, looking around, really confused. Then she sees the man in the other cell and immediately starts to play a quiet song on her guitar and extend her power out to heal him.
May 13 17:38:51 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks around briefly, but calmly. "Get a hold of yourself. We'll be fine." Michael raises his hand and attempts to bend the lead bars to make an opening in their cell.
May 13 17:39:13 <Kadmus> Conn blinks, once, twice, as he takes in the situation. Man: out of reach for the moment. Note: some information. "Brackenwoods? Per'aps they are involved?" He looks around the cell, examining the symbols to see if he can glean anything. "Ah, Michael, per'aps-"
May 13 17:39:19 <gumbal1> It's easy enough. Either his cuts are superficial or expended more energy than you thought you did, because he healed pretty quickly.
May 13 17:39:35 <gumbal1> > Roll occult knowledge, Conrad
May 13 17:39:46 * Jo‘ (moc.rr.ser.dairt.290-92-70-95-hni|gra#moc.rr.ser.dairt.290-92-70-95-hni|gra) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 17:39:53 <Kadmus> (he has no occult knowledge; Acuity or no roll?)
May 13 17:39:56 <gumbal1> > Roll, michael
May 13 17:39:59 <gumbal1> (yee)
May 13 17:40:10 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 6
May 13 17:40:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 17:40:12 <Kadmus> r 4 Acuity
May 13 17:40:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 17:40:22 <gumbal1> Fuck dude they sure are symbols.
May 13 17:40:55 <gumbal1> It would take you around…40 minutes to fully pry open the bars, Michael.
May 13 17:41:39 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett tries something a little different. He concentrates as a red and black mask formed around his eyes and the bridge of his nose, trying to bring out Murdoc on the other side of the bars. (Does it work? I need to know before continuing)
May 13 17:41:55 <Neon> Floyd blinks and looks around the cell. "Well shit," he says, before going to examine the symbols himself.
May 13 17:42:24 <BobaFettuccine> "Hey, Michael, I could probably do that quicker, they’re lead so I should be able to melt them at a pretty low temperature." She says, floating over to the bars, her arms and hair catching fire and her blue glow turning purple.
May 13 17:42:54 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods as he lowers his arms. Man, he's really gotta work on this shit.
May 13 17:43:49 <Kadmus> Conn nods. That's about what he expected to figure out, from these symbols. Aaand the crew are already in 'burn to the ground' mode. Well, as expected, yet again.
May 13 17:43:55 <BobaFettuccine> Mary floats up to the bars and focuses a short, thin flame to be as hot as she can get it to cut through the lead bars.
May 13 17:43:57 <gumbal1> Murdoc…appears outside the cell! That's nice!
May 13 17:44:01 <gumbal1> > Roll, Mary
May 13 17:44:05 <BobaFettuccine> r 16
May 13 17:44:05 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 17:44:41 <gumbal1> You could definitely burn through them in about…13 minutes and a half minutes, give or take.
May 13 17:45:31 <BobaFettuccine> Mary gets to work melting a hole through the bars.
May 13 17:45:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> (could michael try to assist to make it go faster?)
May 13 17:46:12 <gumbal1> (theoretically, yeah)
May 13 17:46:15 <DarnellJermaine> "Aww shit Captain, I'm glad you picked the best one!" the 6 foot tall goat man calls out. Immediately, the first impression he leaves is 'punk' or 'thug', "What can I do for ya?" Garrett presses himself against the bars, "I need you to look around and see if you can find a way outta here for us, alright? This girl's already working on burning the bars, so you'd be better off doing that" he responds. "No
May 13 17:46:15 <DarnellJermaine> sweat, Captain!" and with that, the goat man attempts to find them a way out.
May 13 17:46:36 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 6 Ferrokinesis
May 13 17:46:36 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 17:46:36 <Kadmus> Conn starts examining the other things in the cell - like the wine barrels, for example. Anything in/on/under them?
May 13 17:47:31 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Lena
May 13 17:48:10 <gumbal1> The cellar itself is one long line surrounded by cells, by the look of it. On opposite sides of the line, there appear to be stairs leading up to…somewhere. There's also, in the middle of the room, a door to somewhere where a cell should have been.
May 13 17:48:14 <gumbal1> Con, perception
May 13 17:48:50 <Kadmus> r 4
May 13 17:48:50 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 17:49:04 <gumbal1> Fuck dude this wine is hella old.
May 13 17:49:17 <gumbal1> Like, back to the 17th century old.
May 13 17:50:28 <gumbal1> With Michael helping, it's down to ten minutes, and the five of them find themselves free from their alcoholic sex dungeon.
May 13 17:51:14 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 stealthy stealth
May 13 17:51:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 17:51:17 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 stealthy stealth
May 13 17:51:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 17:51:25 <gumbal1> r 8
May 13 17:51:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 17:51:28 <gumbal1> r 8
May 13 17:51:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 17:51:35 <Inebriated_Lobster> Freedom!!! Michael will move out towards the man who was gagged.
May 13 17:52:36 <gumbal1> …where is Murdoc heading? There's a door to their left a few cells down and two doors on either side of the wooden mile.
May 13 17:53:16 <gumbal1> The man notices you and…well it's hard to judge the look on someone's face when they're gagged.
May 13 17:53:19 <DarnellJermaine> If they're out of the room already, Garrett will make Murdoc disappear. If this is happening before they were released, Murdoc will head to the door on the left.
May 13 17:53:36 <BobaFettuccine> Mary floats out and looks around, first order of business is to make sure that guy over there is okay. She goes over towards him with Michael and removes his gag.
May 13 17:53:53 <gumbal1> It's the former.
May 13 17:54:18 * Lena removes channel operator status from Lena
May 13 17:54:30 <DarnellJermaine> In that case, Garrett's mask dissipates and Murdoc disappears for now. No need to have loud, annoying Personas running about in the dungeon if they're freed already. Garrett will also head over to help out Michael and Mary.
May 13 17:55:04 <Kadmus> Conn also leaves the cell, and heads towards the bound and gagged man, giving him a visual once-over.
May 13 17:55:21 <gumbal1> The man coughs for a bit and looks up at the five of you before…blinking somewhat worriedly. "You…okay, what the hell are you doing here?"
May 13 17:56:55 <BobaFettuccine> Mary shrugs, "Well, I was wondering that too, we were definitely not supposed to end up here. Are you alright?" She asks, going to untie him.
May 13 17:57:41 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael watches the man cautiously, and keeps eye out for any dangers, or anyone trying to sneak up on the party.
May 13 17:57:52 <DarcellJermaine> "We came to do something for our school and ended up here. Here, let us get you outta there first"
May 13 17:59:05 <gumbal1> The man shifts uncomfortably as he's untied and…just kind of stands there, blushing. "Uh…er." The man blinks for a bit. "Well, I-wait, your school?! So you're all…" The man covers his face with one hand and himself with the other. "Oh g-d, what the hell is happening?"
May 13 18:00:43 <gumbal1> > Floyd, roll occult knowledge
May 13 18:01:48 <Neon> r 4
May 13 18:01:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 5 5 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:01:49 <Kadmus> "Do you know anything about generators or, ah, void creatures, mon ami?" Conn asks, glad that the man is okay.
May 13 18:02:10 <gumbal1> You know, Floyd, none of these symbols look nice.
May 13 18:03:31 <BobaFettuccine> "Uh, also can I ask where we are?" Mary asks, studiously avoiding looking at the man more than she has to since, well, he's naked.
May 13 18:03:43 <gumbal1> "Uh…what the fuck are you talking ab-" The man uncovers his face for a bit. "Oh, uh…what, like, the Sunspots? Well, er, Taylor occasionally-" He suddenly shuts up, as if he said something wrong.
May 13 18:04:21 <Neon> Floyd scrunches his brow and then leaves the cell to tag along with the group, with a bit of a frown.
May 13 18:04:39 <Kadmus> Conn is going to check his generator manual for any mention of 'Sunspots'.
May 13 18:04:40 <gumbal1> "I mean, well…some place in Scotland? Brackenwood Manor? Uh…something."
May 13 18:05:01 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael raises an eyebrow. "Whos Taylor?" he asks quietly
May 13 18:05:47 <gumbal1> The only really thing that comes up are asides about 'keeping the Sunspotters away!' "Uh…Taylor….Brackenwood. The guy that-well, what the hell are you doing here anyways?!"
May 13 18:06:01 <BobaFettuccine> Mary smiles at him, "Hey, what's wrong?" She asks, "Is there some reason that you're not allowed to tell us any more about these sunspots and Taylor?"
May 13 18:06:02 <gumbal1> "Who gave you the right to just barge in when you wanted?"
May 13 18:06:35 <BobaFettuccine> "We didn't really choose to end up here." She says with a shrug, "It just kind of happened."
May 13 18:07:14 <Inebriated_Lobster> "We didn't have much choice in comming here. We'll be out a lot sooner if you give us the information we need to know" he said still keeping a watchful eye on the man.
May 13 18:07:27 <gumbal1> "No, no, I-" The man decides it's time to step behind a barrel to hid his nether regions. "Look, okay, you caught me at a bad time, alright? I'm…just forget this and go, okay?"
May 13 18:08:19 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett cuts in the middle of this conversation, "Look, we could really use your help, but we're not gonna beat it out of you" he takes off his hooded jacket and tosses it to the man behind the barrel so he has something to put on. "As long as you're not an enemy and you're safe, that's all that matters. Come on guys, we should go look for these things already'
May 13 18:08:54 <BobaFettuccine> Mary looks at one of the maps for a 'Brackenwood Manor'.
May 13 18:09:37 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael steps away from the naked man with a shrug, and looks down the hallway to get closer look at the surroundings.
May 13 18:10:14 <gumbal1> "Listen, I'm-" The man catches the jacket and wears it around his waist. "Okay, look, I don't know what the Brackenwoods are. Taylor does weird things with sunspots and Victora's just…weird. Now, uh…could you leave me? Alone?"
May 13 18:11:13 <gumbal1> Brackenwood Manor never really seems to appear. However, on the later maps in particular, there appear to be incredibly heavy image distortions around an area encompassing around two generators.
May 13 18:11:44 <Kadmus> Conn frowns as he tries to put everything together. They don't have enough information, yet - Sunspotters, the Brackenwoods, the redirected teleport… is all of this an expression of the broken generators? He keeps this to himself until they're out of earshot of the naked man.
May 13 18:12:31 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett nudges Michael's shoulder and looks around the rest of the group, "C'mon guys, we might as well get moving. We could split up to cover more ground"
May 13 18:12:53 <BobaFettuccine> "Alright, so we're probably here then." Mary says, pointing at the map with the image distortion and showing the others. "We should probably get out of this place too, so lets head upstairs."
May 13 18:13:13 <gumbal1> As before, the ends of the hallway have stairs leading up to what are probably different locations (a cellar door and a fancy mahogany one). At about the midsection of the room, a cell on the opposite side of the one you spawned in is missing, and in its place is a door leading…somewhere.
May 13 18:13:30 <BobaFettuccine> She then looks at Garrett, "Splitting up is probably not a super great idea." She says, "Especially cause we don't know where we are."
May 13 18:13:37 <gumbal1> Specifically, left of where you teleported in is the cellar, right is the mahogany.
May 13 18:13:49 <gumbal1> Both lead up.
May 13 18:14:13 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett responds, "Maybe normally not, but we've got these fancy radios" he says, holding one out for emphasis, "and if this place is as huge as that spot on the map, we'll never get done before these generators go out or whatever"
May 13 18:14:28 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shakes his head. "Splitting up's a bad idea." he pauses "I'm with marry. Do we go through the fancy one or the other?"
May 13 18:14:48 <Kadmus> "The mahogany likely leads up to the manor itself," Conn says, looking at the door in question. "The other… I do not know. Do not split up. If we split up, someone is likely to come to a poor end, weh."
May 13 18:14:49 <BobaFettuccine> She then turns to the mostly naked guy. "Which way do we go to get out of here?" She asks. She then turns to Garrett, "I'd rather we all stay safe than we get done quickly."
May 13 18:15:22 <DarnellJermaine> He sighs defeatedly, "Yeah, you make a good point. Better safe than sorry I guess'
May 13 18:15:45 <gumbal1> "Uh…" The man blushes once more. "…I don't know. I'm…usually blindfolded when I'm brought down here."
May 13 18:16:20 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shakes his head with a sigh. "Lets try the Mahogany."
May 13 18:16:51 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods, well that was helpful. "Alright, lets go then." She says, flying up towards the mahogany door.
May 13 18:17:10 <gumbal1> > Perception, all
May 13 18:17:14 * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 18:17:14 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Silvors
May 13 18:17:21 <Kadmus> Conn nods and follows Mary to the mahogany door. He tries the handle - one of these days, he'll meet a door that /isn't/ locked.
May 13 18:17:21 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett follows the rest of the gang, not really in a spot to protest, of course… there was a door across their cell, right? Or was that the mahogany one?
May 13 18:17:33 <Kadmus> r 4 Acuity (No Perception skill)
May 13 18:17:33 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 4 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 18:17:38 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 5
May 13 18:17:38 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 18:17:56 <DarnellJermaine> r 4 Acuity (No Perception skill)
May 13 18:17:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:18:06 <BobaFettuccine> r 11
May 13 18:18:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
May 13 18:18:23 * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS) has left #sunnybrook-fireflies (Leaving)
May 13 18:18:25 <Neon> r 6
May 13 18:18:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 5 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:18:48 <DarnellJermaine> As a matter of fact, unless something comes up, Garrett's gonna sneakily duck into the door opposite where they entered while the rest of the group is ahead. Splitting up will prove better in the long run, and if he gets into trouble he has the radio!
May 13 18:19:58 <gumbal1> Mary hears footsteps, and a quiet whispering as they head near. The voice in question is masculine, with a bit of a posh accent. «Victoria, I keep telling you. We can't keep your wight harem.»
May 13 18:20:52 <gumbal1> Oh boy. Garrett, the door's a bit stuck. Roll strength to open it.
May 13 18:21:04 <DarnellJermaine> (finesse and brawling or just raw brawn?)
May 13 18:21:21 <gumbal1> (raw brawn)
May 13 18:21:31 <DarnellJermaine> r 3 (hyaaaah)
May 13 18:21:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:21:32 <BobaFettuccine> Mary holds out a hand do stop everyone and floats up to the door to listen at it.
May 13 18:22:14 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael stops, waiting for Mary's lead.
May 13 18:22:35 <gumbal1> You do in fact manage to open it. Inside is an unlit room, occasionally illuminated by the spark of a long dead bulb, hanging over a suspiciously generator-looking pile of scrap.
May 13 18:22:35 <Kadmus> Conn stops too, looking expectant.
May 13 18:22:50 <Neon> Floyd, too, stops, having been following the group quietly. It's his first mission, so he's more than willing to sit back and follow.
May 13 18:23:25 <gumbal1> «Taylor, dear~. You know I can't surpress my…fields. Why not embrace it?» There's something oddly enchanting about her voice. A bit like…Akemi's, to those who remember her.
May 13 18:23:29 <DarnellJermaine> Haha, jackpot! Thankfully, as can be seen in hisd 'on hand' inventory, Garrett always carries a flashlight for late night walks, and pulls it out, turning it on as he steps inside. Looks like he's one step ahead of the bread line~
May 13 18:24:16 <gumbal1> The footsteps are really close now. All in all you have about one action before they come to the door.
May 13 18:25:05 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett will use that action to form a blue mask around his eyes and nose to summon Sheldon to help him out with looking through this 'GENERATOR FOR DUMMIES' book and start getting this thing fixed.
May 13 18:26:03 <gumbal1> …ohhhhhhh dear. The pamphlet you were given doesn't quite cover this level of, well…damage. You'd need an actual mechanic for this, or at least a very good dice roll on such a thing.
May 13 18:26:16 <DarnellJermaine> (what am I rolling?)
May 13 18:26:30 <DarnellJermaine> (acuity flat?)
May 13 18:26:35 <gumbal1> (mechanics + acuity)
May 13 18:26:48 <DarnellJermaine> r 4 (Don't underestimate a man with a book)
May 13 18:26:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 18:27:03 <gumbal1> Fuck dude it sure is still broken.
May 13 18:27:08 <BobaFettuccine> Mary frowns and mutters to the others, "Get ready, people coming." She whispers, using her minor action to buff her charisma.
May 13 18:27:15 <BobaFettuccine> r 10
May 13 18:27:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:27:19 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael prepare his full action for an intercept and waits for them to come by
May 13 18:27:36 <BobaFettuccine> +1 Charisma 2 rounds
May 13 18:27:58 <Neon> Floyd skulks off to see if he can find a place to hide himself before they get here.
May 13 18:28:09 <Kadmus> Conn burns 1HP for 3 Effort, and braces himself for… something. Might be a fight, might just be a conversation. Things coming through doors usually end poorly, in his experience. Not like there's any way he could hide.
May 13 18:31:27 <gumbal1> After fiddling with the lock, something opens the door. Before you are…two people. One catches your attention near immediately. Pale, androgynous, exceptionally beautiful, and worryingly surrounded by the same sort of air that some of you may remember of Akemi. The man with her is almost an afterthought, but he doesn't feel normal either. Ashy grey skin, looking to be at the peak of his vitality, yet wth a dead look in his eyes. The evening
May 13 18:31:27 <gumbal1> gown and robe they wear, respectively, look ludicrously expensive.
May 13 18:32:02 <gumbal1> …all of you except Garrett, roll mental resistance and add your charisma modifier to it
May 13 18:32:26 <gumbal1> r 20
May 13 18:32:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 18:32:34 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 8
May 13 18:32:35 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:32:46 <Neon> r 9
May 13 18:32:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 6 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:33:10 <BobaFettuccine> r 17
May 13 18:33:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 18:33:15 <BobaFettuccine> r 17
May 13 18:33:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 18:33:18 <Kadmus> r 15 Willpower + Charisma + Resolve
May 13 18:33:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
May 13 18:34:27 <gumbal1> Floyd, Michael…whoever this woman is, she's your friend, and, more importantly, your new mistress until oblivion. Assist her in any way you can.
May 13 18:36:06 <gumbal1> The woman giggles as she spots the four of you, yet asside from the occasional, vitriol-filled side-eye, only seems to be adressing Floyd and Michael. "Ooh~…when did you come in?"
May 13 18:37:08 <BobaFettuccine> Mary smiles a little and floats a bit back. "Hi! uhm, we just kinda appeared here instead of where we were trying to go, if we could just leave that would be lovely." Mary says cheerfully.
May 13 18:37:16 * Lena is now known as Lena|naps
May 13 18:37:53 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Yeah we only got in just a few minutes ago." michael says cheerfully.
May 13 18:39:05 <Neon> "Yeah, just about a few minutes. Just sort of poofed in and all that."
May 13 18:39:35 <gumbal1> A chittering sound that only Mary and Conrad seem to hear escapes her mouth. Her husband looks on, seemingly bored, as she takes another step forward. "Have you? And what brought the fly to the spider's parlour?" You can hear the husband's eyes roll.
May 13 18:40:54 <BobaFettuccine> Mary raises an eyebrow, alright this lady was being unnecessarily creepy. "Uh, we were just trying to fix a few generators. If it's alright we can just go and get out of your hair now?"
May 13 18:41:09 <Kadmus> Conn blinks at the faint sensation that washes over him. Akemi? No, that's not her. Probably not important. He blinks harder at the very creepy spider-chitter, but doesn't act yet. What is there to do? She's just being a little unnerving, there are weirder kids at the school.
May 13 18:42:08 <gumbal1> "…generators?" Make either a persuasion or a deception check.
May 13 18:42:12 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett turns on his radio and buzzes in, "Guys? Came back to where we were earlier- I found one of the generators! I'm having trouble fixing it myself"
May 13 18:42:15 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael gives a sidelong glance at mary. No reason for her to be so rude, but he didn't say anything.
May 13 18:43:45 <BobaFettuccine> r 12 1 focus
May 13 18:43:45 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 18:43:56 <BobaFettuccine> (that was perception)
May 13 18:44:09 <gumbal1> r 16
May 13 18:44:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 18:44:31 <BobaFettuccine> (Whoops I thought that said perception, not persuasion, sorry)
May 13 18:44:55 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 (the actual persuasion roll)
May 13 18:44:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:47:03 <gumbal1> "…ah, I see. You," The woman points to Floyd and Michael, and for a brief second, you feel as if her form has been replaced by one of those purplish-white spiders that imitate succulents. "kill them." Giggling, the woman heads back the way she came, her husband following with apparent disiniterest.
May 13 18:47:42 <Inebriated_Lobster> (innitiative?)
May 13 18:48:23 <gumbal1> (yee)
May 13 18:48:31 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 9
May 13 18:48:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 5 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:48:36 <Inebriated_Lobster> (11)
May 13 18:48:42 <Kadmus> r 5 Initiative
May 13 18:48:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 18:48:46 <Kadmus> (7)
May 13 18:48:50 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett tries to buzz in on the radio again, "Hello? Anybody home?"
May 13 18:48:53 <Neon> r 6
May 13 18:48:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 5 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 18:49:08 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Garrett come up hear now! MAry and conn went crazy!"
May 13 18:49:11 <BobaFettuccine> r 4
May 13 18:49:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 18:49:23 <Neon> (7)
May 13 18:49:29 <DarnellJermaine> "Ah shit…"
May 13 18:49:32 <DarnellJermaine> (do I roll init too?)
May 13 18:49:38 <Kadmus> "Michael and the other appear to have been enthralled," Conn radios back, staring wide-eyed at them.
May 13 18:49:42 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: Michael > Floyd > Mary > Conn
May 13 18:49:53 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: Michael > Floyd > Conn > Mary
May 13 18:49:58 <gumbal1> (yee)
May 13 18:50:40 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 (let's go steal some hearts)
May 13 18:50:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 18:50:54 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: Michael > Garrett > Floyd > Conn > Mary
May 13 18:50:58 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 18:50:59 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists of iron
May 13 18:50:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 5 5 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:51:10 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+2 brawn +2 rounds)
May 13 18:51:26 <gumbal1> > GARRETT
May 13 18:51:38 <BobaFettuccine> (That was a minor action gum)
May 13 18:51:44 <gumbal1> (rip me)
May 13 18:51:55 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 18:51:59 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks at conn. Healer has to go first, them the rules. he approaches conn and throws a palm stike at his solar plexus.
May 13 18:52:19 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 13 (6dmg
May 13 18:52:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 18:52:43 <Kadmus> Conn takes the hit, shaking his head at Michael. "Snap out of it, mon ami!"
May 13 18:52:51 <Kadmus> r 16 Tank
May 13 18:52:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 18:52:58 <Kadmus> 2 damage.
May 13 18:53:19 <Kadmus> 13/16 HP
May 13 18:53:23 <Inebriated_Lobster> "She's so pretty, we can't fight her!!!!"
May 13 18:53:44 <gumbal1> > GARRETT
May 13 18:54:08 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett's going to rush down the hallway with Sheldon. Let's see, Mary and Conn? He knew who Michael was, so he just had to avoid floyd. That was the skulky kid, right? He see's Michael hit one of the kids and assumes that's the target. "Get 'em Sheldon" the turtle nods and opens its mouth wide to blast out a torrent of water
May 13 18:54:28 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 (base damage of 4)
May 13 18:54:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:54:46 <DarnellJermaine> (aimed at Conn if that wasn't clear)
May 13 18:55:00 <Kadmus> Conn is blindsided by the water blast, but he's a tough cookie, and it takes a lot to hurt him.
May 13 18:55:03 <Kadmus> r 14 Tank
May 13 18:55:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 18:55:09 <Kadmus> 1 Damage
May 13 18:55:11 <Kadmus> 12/16 HP
May 13 18:55:40 <gumbal1> > Floyd (i can wait)
May 13 18:55:40 <Inebriated_Lobster> "I knew you'd make the right choice Garrett. For the mistress!!!!!"
May 13 18:58:10 * SolongStarbird has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
May 13 18:58:19 <Neon> "Yeah dude, she's like totally not a thot." Floyd is content to fling a Vulnerability Hex, chanting in some strange tongue in Conn's general direction.
May 13 18:58:41 <Neon> r 9 Vulnerability (Resisted with Vitality)
May 13 18:58:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 6 5 5 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 18:58:56 <Kadmus> Conn's taking all the heat today, isn't he?
May 13 18:59:32 <Kadmus> Conn spends 1 Effort and buys the required successes.
May 13 18:59:51 <Kadmus> *2 Effort
May 13 18:59:54 <gumbal1> > Conn
May 13 19:00:31 <Kadmus> "Stop fighting, mes amis!" He shouts, backing away from them. "You have been controlled! That woman broke into your minds!"
May 13 19:00:54 <Kadmus> Conn also spends 1 Effort to double his regeneration for…
May 13 19:01:04 <Kadmus> r 11
May 13 19:01:04 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 19:01:28 <Kadmus> 2 rounds. Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 14/16. He has regenerated 2/14 HP this minute, 2/32 this day. 1 rounds of doubled regen remaining. Done.
May 13 19:01:38 <gumbal1> > Mary
May 13 19:02:52 <BobaFettuccine> "Garrett! Michael and Floyd have been controlled by the owners of the house to kill us, I'm going to go disable her, help Conn!" She says before flying off to catch up with that lady, it had only been a few seconds after all.
May 13 19:04:43 <gumbal1> Actually going into the mansion proper, it's…fairly modern. Looks beautiful, clean, and fashionable. However, the woman appears to have evaded you…but perhaps not your senses.
May 13 19:04:49 <gumbal1> > Perception
May 13 19:05:15 <BobaFettuccine> r 13 2 focus (4/7)
May 13 19:05:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
May 13 19:05:22 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 19:05:22 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 19:06:54 <gumbal1> …not well enough. It's just down the hallway, into a fancy-looking kitchen, that you catch the pungnent scent of rust from a room just before the hallway ends, a simple white door with a painting of a sunset hanging next to it. The sound of rustled cloth can be heard inside.
May 13 19:06:59 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 19:08:02 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists are weapons "They just don't understand who she is Garrett, you gotta trust me!" he says aiming a kick towards conn's face.
May 13 19:08:02 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 19:08:08 <Inebriated_Lobster> (
May 13 19:08:29 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+3ap +2rounds)
May 13 19:08:40 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 13 6dmg 3 ap
May 13 19:08:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
May 13 19:09:11 <Kadmus> Conn is smashed in the face with a metal-clad boot, and takes a single step back from the impact.
May 13 19:09:18 <Kadmus> r 13 Tank
May 13 19:09:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 19:09:25 <Kadmus> 3 damage
May 13 19:09:30 <Kadmus> 11/16 HP
May 13 19:10:50 <gumbal1> > Garrett
May 13 19:11:06 <DarnellJermaine> Wait, what was going on? Come to think of it, Michael and who he presumes is Floyd were talking about some kind of mistress. Which means… "Sorry!" he calls out apologetically to Conn before turning to the two at hand. Well, he never could take Michael in all their spars… but that other kid didn't seem quite so tough. In fact, maybe now was the time to try that new ability… first though, Garrett would
May 13 19:11:06 <DarnellJermaine> have to lock him in place. He goes straight to Floyd and tries to grapple him!
May 13 19:11:25 <DarnellJermaine> r 10 2 Effort (1/3 left, have to use dodge or parry to resist)
May 13 19:11:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 19:11:30 <DarnellJermaine> (fuck me)
May 13 19:15:29 <Neon> [ Spending 8 dice to buy two successes and dodge ]
May 13 19:15:37 <DarnellJermaine> ( g a y)
May 13 19:17:10 <Neon> [ I am yes ]
May 13 19:17:41 <gumbal1> > Floyd
May 13 19:17:44 <gumbal1> (also me)
May 13 19:24:13 <Neon> Floyd dodges the incoming grapple from Garrett. He takes a step back, winkling out of existence with Alien Geometry (buying successes for that travel) and then, with his pistol, just goes to shoot Garrett in the back of the head.
May 13 19:24:33 <Neon> ( He reappears directly behind Garrett, sorry for not making that clear )
May 13 19:24:44 <DarnellJermaine> (what's he rolling to shoot?)
May 13 19:25:01 <Neon> [ Just a sec ]
May 13 19:25:39 <Neon> r 7 shooty shooty
May 13 19:25:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 19:26:14 <DarnellJermaine> [Spending 12 of 13 dodge die to buy 3 successes, I learned from the best]
May 13 19:26:40 <gumbal1> Mario C may like to keep it clean, but Floyd gets anything but a clean shot.
May 13 19:26:43 <gumbal1> > Conn
May 13 19:27:44 <Kadmus> "Please stop fighting!" Conn says, as blood trickles down his face from the busted nose Michael just gave him. And then the blood starts crawling back up his face, leaving no trace, as his nose shifts back into position.
May 13 19:28:15 <Kadmus> Conn is going to spend 1 HP to get 3 Effort.
May 13 19:28:15 <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 12/16. He has regenerated 4/14 HP this minute, 4/32 this day. 0 rounds of doubled regen remaining. Done.
May 13 19:29:41 * SolongStarbird (SolongStar@2605:a601:700f:jmqs:nssy:nhvy:tmzk:qxoi) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 19:30:34 <gumbal1> > If that was a command, Conn, choose one character to get into a charisma contest with
May 13 19:31:00 <Kadmus> Conn will get in a charisma contest with Michael, seeing as he knows him the best.
May 13 19:31:11 <Kadmus> (roll Charisma + Persuade?)
May 13 19:32:32 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 1
May 13 19:32:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 19:33:15 <Kadmus> r 3 Charisma +1 Focus
May 13 19:33:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 19:33:29 <gumbal1> Hi that's a critfail. Normally you'd pay incredibly dearly for that but since you're possesseed, I'll give you a holy shit that's another critfail.
May 13 19:33:34 <gumbal1> Uh
May 13 19:34:31 * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 19:34:31 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Silvors
May 13 19:35:05 <gumbal1> …somehow, Conn, you end up knocking heads with Michael, knocking both of you unconcious.
May 13 19:35:08 <gumbal1> > MARY
May 13 19:36:35 <BobaFettuccine> Mary busts into the room, already on fire, and ready to fight.
May 13 19:41:10 <gumbal1> Inside the room is, well…whatever she is, she isn't human. Right now, she resembles a spider constructed of aloe succulent dyed to match a shampoo commercial aesthetic, at least under all the blood she's currently caked in, having appearing to have been pigging out on a pale, dessicated human corpse. It roars as Mary comes in.
May 13 19:41:13 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 19:41:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 19:41:25 * Lena|naps is now known as Lena
May 13 19:41:26 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: Victoria Brackenwood > Michael > Garrett > Floyd > Conn > Mary
May 13 19:41:48 <BobaFettuccine> (Do I still get my actions this turn?)
May 13 19:41:52 <gumbal1> (yee)
May 13 19:43:10 <BobaFettuccine> Mary opens herself up more to the joy spirit inside of her as a minor action to buff her charisma some more before blasting the horrific spider monster with a torrent of flame. She channels the power of her spirits throught the song 'Thunderstruck'.
May 13 19:43:18 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 (Charisma buff)
May 13 19:43:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 19:43:39 <BobaFettuccine> +1 Charisma this turn.
May 13 19:43:49 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 19:43:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 19:43:55 <gumbal1> It just barely dodges.
May 13 19:43:59 <gumbal1> > VICTORIA
May 13 19:44:03 <BobaFettuccine> r 17 (Fire attack damage 7 ap3)
May 13 19:44:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
May 13 19:44:17 <BobaFettuccine> (Gum, that first roll was her buffing her charisma, this one is the attack)
May 13 19:44:19 <gumbal1> (oh)
May 13 19:44:23 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 19:44:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 19:44:42 <gumbal1> r 4
May 13 19:44:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 19:45:02 <gumbal1> The spider is very, very charred.
May 13 19:45:14 <gumbal1> > VICTORIA
May 13 19:45:22 <gumbal1> …and lunges for Mary.
May 13 19:45:24 <gumbal1> r 15
May 13 19:45:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 19:46:02 <gumbal1> Actually nevermind, she doesn't lunge because she's now a smoking pile of ash on the ground.
May 13 19:46:17 <gumbal1> Floyd, meanwhile, finds himself free of whatever charm held him.
May 13 19:46:25 <gumbal1> > COMBAT EBDED
May 13 19:47:34 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael makes unconsciousness noises.
May 13 19:48:17 <Kadmus> Conn's eyes open slowly, and he pushes himself upright. "Is everyone all right?" He asks, looking around. Oh, Michael's not alright. He goes over to see if there's anything that can be done for his unconscious ally.
May 13 19:48:19 <gumbal1> Michael and Conn find that, eventually, they do come back from la la land.
May 13 19:48:22 <Neon> "Oh what the fuck." Floyd looks at the smoking barrel of his gun, with a frown. "Oh shit did I shoot someone."
May 13 19:48:51 <Kadmus> Looks like Michael's waking up on his own! That's good.
May 13 19:48:55 <DarnellJermaine> "Not today" Garrett says with a wink and a finger point, clicking his tongue. "But guys- I found one of the generators! It's pretty banged up, but let's round up Mary and head over"
May 13 19:49:07 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shakes his head. "What happened." he said groggily. Then he looks super guilty. "Oh….Hey conn…..I'm REALLY sorry about that."
May 13 19:49:14 <BobaFettuccine> Mary quickly zooms back to the others to make sure they're okay. "Hey, are you guys alright now?" She asks, "I accidentally burned the spider lady who was mind controlling you to ash."
May 13 19:50:18 <Kadmus> Conn shrugs. "It is fine, mes amis. You were controlled," he says. "Merci, Mary, I think you released the mind control. Let's follow Garrett and examine this generator, weh?"
May 13 19:51:35 <Neon> Floyd looks supremely pissed. "Sorry my dude," He said to Garrett. There's some more muttering as he tucks away the gun, "Thanks, Mary. You're a queen."
May 13 19:51:48 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods and goes to follow the others to the generator. She'd have time to freak out about killing someone on accident later, right now she's trying to push that down. The others would notice that her flames get a bit bigger and more flickery.
May 13 19:53:14 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett takes them back to the door he opened up earlier and pokes his flashlight out to brighten up the room for them, revealing the generator resembling scrap heap of metal.
May 13 19:53:27 <gumbal1> The generator itself is…broken. Holy shit is it broken. You'd probably have to find some sort of experience in electric repair to fix this.
May 13 19:54:10 * Silvors has quit (Quit: Leaving)
May 13 19:54:31 <Kadmus> "Do you think the naked gentleman might be helpful?" Conn asks, looking to the others. "I have no idea how to fix something so broken, weh."
May 13 19:56:05 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks concerned. "That's only if He's willing to cooperate." he thinks a moment. "Do you think it's possible he is controlled too?"
May 13 19:56:51 <DarnellJermaine> He shoos the group off, "Well? Someone go get him, the rest of us can hold down the fort here"
May 13 19:57:25 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods and flies off to the dude who had been there earlier to see if he's still there.
May 13 19:58:01 <gumbal1> The naked dude is currently trying to hogtie himself when you come up and scare him. "Gah!" What do you want?!"
May 13 19:59:34 <BobaFettuccine> Mary, who is currently on fire and floating, says, "Hey, do you have any experience with electrical repair?" She asks, immediately turning around so as not to have to look at the man.
May 13 19:59:53 <Neon> "Not a clue, unfortunately. Does the manual help at all?"
May 13 19:59:57 <gumbal1> "Guh…kinda? Uh…why are you…on fire?"
May 13 20:00:25 <Kadmus> Conn gets the manual out and has a look. Any advice on this heap o' scrap?
May 13 20:00:35 <DarnellJermaine> "I tried the the manual and I think I only made it worse…"
May 13 20:00:41 <gumbal1> The pamphlet covers generators, not trash heaps.
May 13 20:00:46 <BobaFettuccine> "That's a long story, but, could you help us fix something real quick please?" She asks, pleadingly.
May 13 20:01:09 <gumbal1> Persuasion. Not intimidation, you'ure doing that already
May 13 20:02:10 <BobaFettuccine> r 12 (2 focus 2/7)
May 13 20:02:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 20:04:03 * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.227-511-611-56|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 20:04:04 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Silvors
May 13 20:04:15 <gumbal1> "Okay, okaym fine, er…where do I go and…" Beat. "…do you have any tools?"
May 13 20:05:53 <BobaFettuccine> Mary shrugs, "I, uhm, don't really know." She says, "But we have a guy who can control metal and stuff… Just… This way." She says and floats off towards the generator room, gesturing for him to follow.
May 13 20:06:38 <gumbal1> Naked Dude follows, eventually finding himself staring at the utter trash heap before him. "…huh. This is…unusual. Give me some time, and…yeah, this could work."
May 13 20:07:33 <BobaFettuccine> Mary smiles sweetly… not quite at him, cause she refrains from looking at him, but in his direction at least. "Thank you!" She says.
May 13 20:07:37 <Inebriated_Lobster> "how much time?" michael asks. "and what can we do to speed it up?"
May 13 20:08:55 <gumbal1> "Uh…give me some tools and…" Thinking for a moment. "…about 200 euros and I should be all clear."
May 13 20:10:23 <BobaFettuccine> Mary pats her pockets and shrugs, "Well, we don't really have either of those things right now, but." She points at Michael, "He can control metal with his brain… Why do you need money?"
May 13 20:10:58 <gumbal1> (about 300 dCAD effectively) "…I'm not gonna do this for free! What are you on?"
May 13 20:13:23 <BobaFettuccine> Mary's now getting mad, cause they had literally just healed this guy and freed him from a literal dungeon and he still was charging them to fix something. "Dude, this thing used to be keeping giant void monsters from /literally destroying Scotland/!" She shouts, her flames getting a bit brighter as she gets more mad. "Just help us fix it!"
May 13 20:14:08 <gumbal1> NOW roll intimidation.
May 13 20:14:35 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett puts a hand up to the enraged girl. I mean, she had a point though. "Just- don't be difficult dude. Come on now"
May 13 20:15:16 <BobaFettuccine> r 16
May 13 20:15:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
May 13 20:15:33 <Kadmus> Conn has no idea how to help out here, so he stands and watches the proceedings.
May 13 20:15:41 <gumbal1> r 8
May 13 20:15:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 20:16:05 <gumbal1> "FINE FINE OKAY" And with that, he gets to work. That's one generator down, two to go.
May 13 20:16:30 <DarnellJermaine> "Guess we can try the door down the other hallway now. Hopefully they won't be as banged up as this one- after all, we only have one of these guys"
May 13 20:16:36 <Kadmus> Conn looks at the map. Can he figure out which generator this might be?
May 13 20:18:04 <gumbal1> All in all, there are three generators. Two of them appear to be in the area that's often blocked out by visual distortion, while one's a ways up on the mountain.
May 13 20:18:56 <BobaFettuccine> "I think we'll have to get outside before figuring out where we are." Mary says to the rest of the group.
May 13 20:19:08 <Kadmus> "Mary, did you see any landmarks out of any windows when you were upstairs?" Conn asks, as they start heading to one of the other doors.
May 13 20:19:51 <DarnellJermaine> At this rate, it seems like Garrett isn't gonna get to enjoy this day off. Well, at least none of them were dead yet, and that was always nice. "I guess the next step is to find the other one in the house before heading up to the mountain, right?"
May 13 20:20:01 <gumbal1> The kitchen and hallway Mary found herself in didn't have any close windows, no.
May 13 20:20:45 <BobaFettuccine> Mary shakes her head, "there's probably not another one in the house, but we should check it anyways." She says, not sounding happy with that.
May 13 20:22:29 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Lets take a look around then." Michael said, going out of the generator room and exploring the halway for unexplored doors.
May 13 20:23:33 <gumbal1> Retracing her steps, the house is much like she remembered. To the left, coming into the kitchen, appears to be a large sitting room, with a view overlooking the mountain that you can't quite make out without getting close (damn frosted glass). To the right…there's the smell of heavy decay.
May 13 20:24:17 <BobaFettuccine> Mary looks at Michael as she goes through the door with him. "We should explore the part of the house that we've already opened the door to." She gestures towards the mahogany door and going towards and then through the mahogany door to what gum just described.
May 13 20:24:46 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett makes his way to that third door the other way to go explore for himself!
May 13 20:24:48 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shrugs and follows Mary through Mahogony
May 13 20:25:13 <Kadmus> Conn follows, frowning at the smell of decay. He doesn't particularly hesitate, though, and goes to the door the smell is behind, looking to the others. "Ready?" He asks, hand on the doorknob.
May 13 20:25:18 <gumbal1> Also in the hallway to the kitchen: a meditation room, a shrine to what looks like a kitsune with the walls and floor absolutely caked in blood (the statuette appears completely untouched), the aforementioned room with the spider woman, filled with bits of human, a single matress, and some boxes, and an unusually clean bathroom.
May 13 20:25:43 <gumbal1> Garrett comes to a cellar door. The wood is cold to the touch.
May 13 20:25:55 <gumbal1> > Are you sure this is what you want, Garett?
May 13 20:26:15 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett quickly switches out his blue mask for a red and black one, bringing out Murdoc, before he slowly opens up the door, flashlight at the ready.
May 13 20:26:43 <gumbal1> > Let the Sun Shine Over the Planes.
May 13 20:27:36 <BobaFettuccine> Mary goes into the living room to get a better view out those windows.
May 13 20:28:42 <gumbal1> Garrett comes out to…well, a mountain. A beautiful mountain, to be sure. The view is currently somewhat obstructed by a fine mist, but from what you can gather, it'd be quite the vista. In any case, the ground is lush with greenery, though uneven. If you're correct, one of the generators should be further up the mountain, either straight ahead or somewhere else depending on where the third generator is..
May 13 20:28:53 <gumbal1> Mary sees much the same view. However…
May 13 20:29:01 <gumbal1> > Garrett, roll stealth
May 13 20:29:08 <DarnellJermaine> (finesse + movement?)
May 13 20:29:21 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 (THERE IS FEAR IN THIS CAR)
May 13 20:29:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 20:30:04 <gumbal1> r 8
May 13 20:30:04 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 20:32:51 <gumbal1> Both Mary and Garrett can see it. Up in the sky, a great black disk floats on the air, as if suspended upon an invisible glass pain. Suddenly, as Garrett emerges, something drops from the disk, but never quite disconnects from it completely. Almost like a great black burlap sack, yall as a monument and thick as a city square, the shapes that form within it almost seem to resemble a great humanoid being, attempting desperately to escape. And Ga
May 13 20:32:51 <gumbal1> rrett…well, he gets the feeling that whatever this thing is, it just saw him.
May 13 20:33:55 <DarnellJermaine> Fuck, fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck "Murdoc, ignite!" "With pleasure captain!" the goat man yells out, releasing a burst of flame from his hands at the black burlap sack!
May 13 20:34:14 <DarnellJermaine> r 10 1 focus (2/3 focus, 5 base damage)
May 13 20:34:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 20:34:28 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 20:34:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 20:34:43 <gumbal1> …nothing happens to it.
May 13 20:35:20 <gumbal1> Whatever it is, it just seems to roil in place…until two more disks appear beside it, each dropping their own enormous payload.
May 13 20:36:08 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett immediately turns around with Murdoc and bolts it back in the direction he came from, rushing to where the others are while yelling, "GUYS GUYS HELP THEY SAW ME FUCK"
May 13 20:36:51 <BobaFettuccine> Mary stares in awe at the things, not this again, she's had enough giant unspeakable horrors to last a lifetime thank you. "Garrett! WHY DID YOU GO OFF ON YOUR OWN?" She asks, her fire flaring up.
May 13 20:37:14 <DarnellJermaine> "Why did YOU go somewhere you already went earlier?" he yells pathetically as he rushes his way up.
May 13 20:37:41 <gumbal1> Once again, the disks, as if moving on a plane, follow, dragging the sackthings along with them. For something so large, they are inhumanly fast, easily catching up to Garret…but seemingly do nothing but float outside the cellar as Garrett runs in.
May 13 20:38:55 <BobaFettuccine> "BECAUSE WE HADN'T FULLY LOOKED THROUGH IT." Her voice actually takes on some qualities of a roaring bear. She is quite obviously pissed right now. "WE AGREED TO STICK TOGETHER. NOW LOOK AT WHAT YOU'VE DONE!"
May 13 20:39:24 <DarnellJermaine> "Stop being an asshole and come help me!!!"
May 13 20:39:43 <gumbal1> From inside the cellar, Garrett can see about…five more suddenly appear and drop down. All of them, at once, suddenly spread out around the mountain.
May 13 20:39:55 <BobaFettuccine> (I thought Garrett was already inside the cellar with the rest of them?)
May 13 20:40:16 <gumbal1> (garrett is in the cellar, they aren't)
May 13 20:40:23 <gumbal1> (they can't exactly fit)
May 13 20:40:33 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett is getting as far into this house as he can and back to the others.
May 13 20:40:53 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shakes his head. "We'll have to find another route to the generator. Seems that way is blocked off."
May 13 20:40:53 <Kadmus> Conn, meanwhile, is investigating the source of the smell of decay.
May 13 20:41:08 <BobaFettuccine> (Ah so is there no way for them to reach the cellar? I'm confused as to where everything is.)
May 13 20:41:44 <gumbal1> (They're the size of a city block, the cellar is the size of a cellar
May 13 20:42:03 <BobaFettuccine> (By them, I mean the party)
May 13 20:42:51 <DarnellJermaine> (holy shit that's big)
May 13 20:43:08 <gumbal1> Conn comes into what looks like a dining room. It's fancy, sure, but nobody's cleaned it in a while. Not in the sense that it's dusty mind you; more in the sense that someone left a hell of a lot of assorted human body parts lying around, gnawed on like someone had hosted an orgy of wolves. No chairs, just a table and an untouched statuette of a sitting kitsune. The dining room, in turn, connects to what looks like another sitting room and a l
May 13 20:43:08 <gumbal1> arge, wide-open studio.
May 13 20:43:19 <gumbal1> (nah the party can reach the cellar)
May 13 20:44:09 <Kadmus> Conn radios the others. "We should finish investigating the house, mes amis. There may be survivors, if we are lucky."
May 13 20:45:01 <DarnellJermaine> (does he make it back up to the others or am I still in the cellar?)
May 13 20:45:10 <gumbal1> (yee)
May 13 20:45:18 <DarnellJermaine> (god bless)
May 13 20:45:20 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael makes his way towards conn.
May 13 20:45:56 <BobaFettuccine> Mary closes her eyes and focuses on her breathing, trying to calm down. After a minute she radios back to Conn. "Yeah, there might be another generator, Giant monsters came from the sky because Garrett went off on his own though, so we'll have to watch out for that when we try to go up to the final generator." She says heading towards the kitchen with Michael.
May 13 20:46:41 <Neon> "Why not just let the monsters eat Garret? Use him as bait or whatever?" Floyd suggests as he walks along with Mary and Michael.
May 13 20:47:04 <Kadmus> Conn is going to wait for everyone else to get back to him, and then try to lead them in a search through the rest of the rooms in the house.
May 13 20:47:36 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael sighs. "We already all tried to kill each other once. I think once is way too many." Michael nods to conn and joins him in sweeping throught the remaining rooms
May 13 20:47:49 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett just looks away awkwardly- doesn't look like he's made the best first impression. But social shit comes second to staying alive as far as he's concerned, "Haha, very funny Floyd" he says a little grouchily before following the rest of him. Murdoc holds back saying anything because it seems like one of those situations where Captain would get mad if he spoke too much, and those creepy monsters
May 13 20:47:49 <DarnellJermaine> scared even him.
May 13 20:48:46 <Neon> "I wasn't joking my dude." He says back into the radio, before tucking it away. "And yeah, I guess, fair enough Michael."
May 13 20:49:18 <Kadmus> "Please do not try to kill each other," Conn says, looking worried. "It will slow us down, weh?"
May 13 20:49:31 <DarnellJermaine> "I wasn't joking my dude" he says mockingly, continuing to try and keep up with the rest of them. This was gonna be awkward back at school.
May 13 20:49:53 <BobaFettuccine> Mary's just ignoring Garrett at this point and following Conn.
May 13 20:50:26 <gumbal1> AS before, there looks to be a large, unlit studio and a sitting room from the dining hall.
May 13 20:50:51 <Kadmus> Conn heads on in to the studio first. May as well get the terrifying blood-pictures out of the way first!
May 13 20:51:15 <BobaFettuccine> Mary heads into the studio, looking around trying to see anything useful in there.
May 13 20:52:23 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks around the studio with the others.
May 13 20:53:08 <gumbal1> Much of the studio is taken up by statues. Of them, almost all of them focus on an idealized human deisgn. Some of them appear to be based on the grey man the four of you had seen earlier. Other than that, there's a few kitsune statuettes and various paintings. Currently, it's pretty dark, but there's a light switch nearby.
May 13 20:53:30 <gumbal1> Three of them, in fact. All appear to be buttons of some sort.
May 13 20:53:34 <DarnellJermaine> (Does my flashlight reveal anything?)
May 13 20:54:17 <gumbal1> Roll perception
May 13 20:54:31 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 5
May 13 20:54:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 20:54:32 <DarnellJermaine> r 4 (how can mirrors be real)
May 13 20:54:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 20:54:39 <Kadmus> r 4
May 13 20:54:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 4 4 4 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 20:55:05 <BobaFettuccine> r 11
May 13 20:55:05 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 20:55:16 <gumbal1> I meant Garrett specifically. Unfortunately, with the lights off, he doesn't find much.
May 13 20:55:35 <BobaFettuccine> (Mary also glows bright red and is on fire)
May 13 20:56:09 <gumbal1> Mary, on the other hand, does find a suspiciously generator-looking statue in the middle of the room.
May 13 20:56:42 <BobaFettuccine> Mary flies off to the light switch and flips it on with her foot. Since there's a light switch and all.
May 13 20:58:31 <gumbal1> The room is suddenly bathed in a bright red light. The generator is now obvious to all of you. Its design is seemingly incorporated into the architecture of the room itself, a bit of the rock it sat on jutting out from the polished ceramic flooring. Either way, the room is now lit with a red light.
May 13 20:59:40 <Kadmus> Conn goes over to investigate the generator. Is it busted, or does it just need turning back on?
May 13 21:00:23 <gumbal1> It looks functional! However, actually trying to turn it on, all you get is two clicks.
May 13 21:01:25 <DarnellJermaine> Time to open up the manual! Garrett takes a seat and gives his 'GENERATORS FOR DUMMIES' a good once over for any clues.
May 13 21:01:38 <BobaFettuccine> Mary takes a look at it, "Maybe they rigged it so that you have to do something different to turn it on?" She says, shrugging a little. "Floyd, you know magic stuff right? Can you tell if they did something weird and magical with it?"
May 13 21:01:59 <Kadmus> "It does not seem to be working for the moment, mes amis," Conn says, looking a little confused. "Per'aps something to do with the three light switches?"
May 13 21:02:23 <gumbal1> Ah, two clicks is nothing! All you have to do is pop open the perpetual-motion regulator and cut the wires in the correct order. You'll have to fix it soon, but it works as a temporary fix.
May 13 21:03:09 <gumbal1> The order of wirecutting is as follows: Pink, Green, Orange, Teal, Yellow.
May 13 21:03:19 <DarnellJermaine> "WAIT
May 13 21:03:24 <BobaFettuccine> Mary goes and flips on another light switch.
May 13 21:03:28 <Neon> "Sure, I can give it a look over, if you need." He goes over to peer at it.
May 13 21:03:33 <DarnellJermaine> "WAIT I SAW THIS IN A VIDEO GAME, EVERYONE GET TO A LIGHT SWITCH, THEN TURN OFF THE FIRST ONE, THEN WE TURN ALL 3 ON AT THE SAME TIME!"
May 13 21:03:45 <DarnellJermaine> (inspired by a legit dnd sesh puzzle)]
May 13 21:03:46 <gumbal1> The one next to it turns the lights blue. The red light is gone.
May 13 21:04:20 <gumbal1> The current color of wires: Blue, Blue, Black, Black, Black.
May 13 21:04:20 <BobaFettuccine> (Should neon roll occult knowledge?)
May 13 21:04:46 <gumbal1> (this isn't occult)
May 13 21:05:02 <BobaFettuccine> (Ah)
May 13 21:05:14 <gumbal1> (the color of wires are in order. for speed sake, it's 1 to 5 left to right)
May 13 21:05:35 <BobaFettuccine> Mary flips the third light switch up so that they're all on at tbe same time.
May 13 21:05:57 <DarnellJermaine> Just by chance, what order does the book say?
May 13 21:06:11 <gumbal1> The light becomes green, as the blue light fades. The current color: Green, Black, Green, Green, dark Green.
May 13 21:06:18 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: The order of wirecutting is as follows: Pink, Green, Orange, Teal, Yellow.
May 13 21:06:43 <BobaFettuccine> Mary then flips down the middle light, leaving the two on either side of it up.
May 13 21:07:03 <gumbal1> The middle light is the blue light again. The green shuts off.
May 13 21:07:14 <Kadmus> "Mary, put the red light back up, s'il vous plais?" Conn says, looking at the wires and thinking hard.
May 13 21:07:20 * SolongStarbird has quit (Quit: *Rides off into the sunset* *Is engulfed by sun*)
May 13 21:07:22 <DarnellJermaine> (what does the red light reveal)
May 13 21:07:46 <BobaFettuccine> Mary turns the red light on.
May 13 21:08:18 <gumbal1> The current order is now: Black, Red, Red, Black, Lighter Red.
May 13 21:16:37 <DarnellJermaine> "Wait, just turn all the lights off. I'll shine my flashlight over it and simplify things"
May 13 21:16:44 <BobaFettuccine> Mary blinks, then realizes Garrett has a flashlight. "Garrett, shine the flashlight on it." She says, turning off the lights.
May 13 21:16:57 <DarnellJermaine> He does such.
May 13 21:16:58 <gumbal1> The current order is: Teal, Pink, Yellow, Green, Orange.
May 13 21:17:51 <DarnellJermaine> "Alright, cut the wires in this order… 2, 4, 5, 1, 3"
May 13 21:18:21 <gumbal1> …and with that, the generator starts up again. It'll need maintenance, sure, but as of now, everything's a okay!
May 13 21:18:33 <gumbal1> …you hear the distinct sound of someone walking down a flight of stairs.
May 13 21:19:45 <BobaFettuccine> Mary looks around at everyone, "Now we need to figure out how to get past those things to the last generator up the mountain." She says, then she stops because footsteps.
May 13 21:20:05 <Kadmus> Conn looks around to see if he can spot a likely flight of stairs.
May 13 21:20:06 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael takes cover by the door, his back against the wall
May 13 21:20:29 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett props himself up a wall, holding a finger over his mouth as Murdoc follows, the two trying to blend into the shadows. Thankfully all the lights are off now, so Garrett switches off his flashlight, bringing the room back to darkness.
May 13 21:20:35 <gumbal1> The sitting room connects to what looks like a foyer, with a staircase, definitely.
May 13 21:20:43 <gumbal1> …all of you, roll stealth.
May 13 21:20:46 <gumbal1> r 8
May 13 21:20:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:20:54 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 (ah ah ah ah stayin alive)
May 13 21:20:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:21:02 <BobaFettuccine> Well, the room is not dark at all. Because mary is glowing and on fire, and she cannot shut that off.
May 13 21:21:08 <DarnellJermaine> (oh, my b)
May 13 21:21:11 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 6 +1 effort
May 13 21:21:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 4 4 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 21:21:24 <BobaFettuccine> r 2 stealth even though she glows
May 13 21:21:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:21:26 <Kadmus> Conn is the sneakiest guy in the /entire world/.
May 13 21:21:28 <Kadmus> r 1
May 13 21:21:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 21:21:36 <gumbal1> …
May 13 21:21:39 <gumbal1> r 1d2
May 13 21:21:43 <gumbal1> r 1
May 13 21:21:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 21:22:30 <gumbal1> …ohhhhh boy. The man from earlier groggily heads through the sitting room, past the dining room…only to suddenly stop and stare at the five muskateers.
May 13 21:22:35 <gumbal1> And he screams.
May 13 21:23:08 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett tries to rush forward and shove a hand over his mouth, "Be quiet dumbass!"
May 13 21:23:22 <DarnellJermaine> (roll for grapple?)
May 13 21:23:40 <gumbal1> No need. He's silenced just fine.
May 13 21:24:09 <BobaFettuccine> Mary just blinks, "Garrett what are you doing?!" She asks, "Let go of him! He was probably mind controlled just like us earlier."
May 13 21:24:46 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett whispers to the others, "We have to get the fuck on out of here. Go go go! I'll stay back here with Murdoc and this freak to try and keep anything coming back. You guys get to that 3rd generator" he turns to Mary, "Whatever he is, he alerted someone or something. I'm not gonna hurt him, don't worry"
May 13 21:25:39 <Kadmus> Conn decides this is as good a time as any to cross-reference the two generator locations they currently know with the map to allow him to figure out precisely where the third must be.
May 13 21:25:51 <BobaFettuccine> "How do you know he wasn't just scared and screaming because there's an on fire person in his house?" She asks, "You don't know if anything of what you're saying is true."
May 13 21:26:10 <gumbal1> It's…just up the mountain, around the general area the cellar leads out to.
May 13 21:26:22 <DarnellJermaine> "Look, idk if you saw the things that were chasing me earlier or not, but I am /not/ taking risks!"
May 13 21:26:37 <DarnellJermaine> (I don't know, not abbreviated lol)
May 13 21:26:52 <gumbal1> (rip)
May 13 21:27:18 <BobaFettuccine> "Okay, but they're outside, not in here!" She says with a frown, "Let him go!"
May 13 21:27:55 <DarnellJermaine> "Fine" he says and removes his hand from the man's mouth, wiping it on his pants.
May 13 21:29:01 <gumbal1> "What did you do to my wife?! What did you do to my wife?!"
May 13 21:29:11 <Kadmus> Well, that's going to be fun. Giant black disc eclipsing the sky, dropping what must be the 'Sunspots' down to menace people? Not that Conn knows any of that, of course.
May 13 21:30:17 <gumbal1> The man is…far less composed than he was previously. His hands are shaking, his (grey) eyes are wide, and hell, he even appears to be…warming up, somewhat.
May 13 21:30:24 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael walks out of the room slowly and looks puts himself near Garett. This was probably going to be a fight soon.
May 13 21:30:39 <BobaFettuccine> And now Mary gets a horrified look on her face as she realizes that evil spider lady must have been this guy's wife. She looks down and turns away from him, her flames jumping a little higher.
May 13 21:31:16 <DarnellJermaine> Warm, you say? Garrett switches back to his blue mask, and the goat man disappears to be replaced by the all-too-familiar turtle man. Just in case he decides to /actually/ light on fire. "Easy dude, your wife was a monster thing" nice social skills
May 13 21:32:48 <Kadmus> Conn just stares at Garrett.
May 13 21:33:15 * Mjeowlnir has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
May 13 21:33:43 * Mjeowlnir (oik.oln.33.46|tobecid#oik.oln.33.46|tobecid) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 21:34:01 <gumbal1> "Shut up!" With unusual strength, Taylor Brackenwood, widower and sole owner of the Brackenwood estate, breaks out of Garrett's graple, floating in the air with as much grace as the sunspotters before him. "Vile plebian! I'll show you what happens when you mess with the Brackenwoods!"
May 13 21:35:06 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 (oopsy poopsy)
May 13 21:35:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:35:37 <gumbal1> r 6
May 13 21:35:37 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 21:35:40 <Kadmus> "Monsieur, please, calm down!" Conn says, trying to resolve this without horrible inevitable bloodshed.
May 13 21:35:43 <gumbal1> r 12
May 13 21:35:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 21:35:51 <BobaFettuccine> r 4
May 13 21:35:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 21:35:52 <gumbal1> > INITIATIVE
May 13 21:35:55 <Kadmus> r 5
May 13 21:35:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:35:57 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 9
May 13 21:35:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:36:02 <Inebriated_Lobster> (11)
May 13 21:36:06 <Kadmus> (7)
May 13 21:36:08 <BobaFettuccine> (5)
May 13 21:36:27 <DarnellJermaine> (i think 8 for me?)
May 13 21:37:22 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: SUNSPOTTERS > TAYLOR BRACKENWOOD > MICHAEL > GARRETT > CONN > MARY
May 13 21:37:28 <gumbal1> > SUNSPOTTERS
May 13 21:38:10 <gumbal1> Three of the sunspotters use their turns to move. Four stay where they are. One, however, suddenly decides that now would be a lovely time to crash through the roof and smash everyone involved.
May 13 21:38:58 <gumbal1> One of you is too far away to be hit. Vote amongst yourselves who that is. You can vote for yourself.
May 13 21:40:32 <gumbal1> r 16 METEOR (4 bd, 5 ap)
May 13 21:40:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 21:40:51 <Neon> r 6
May 13 21:40:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 5 5 5 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 21:41:00 <Neon> [ 10 ]
May 13 21:41:14 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: SUNSPOTTERS > FLOYD > TAYLOR BRACKENWOOD > MICHAEL > GARRETT > CONN > MARY
May 13 21:42:28 * DarcellJermaine has quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
May 13 21:42:42 * DarcellJermaine (moc.duolccri.gnitoot.870544-ki|042761diu#moc.duolccri.gnitoot.870544-ki|042761diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 21:42:59 <Kadmus> Conn is definitely in range, either way, and he frowns as bits of ceiling rain down onto him, followed by a horrible black mass.
May 13 21:43:08 <DarnellJermaine> r 14 1 effort (0/3 effort na na na na can't touch this)
May 13 21:43:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 21:43:21 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael spends 2 effort and buys the succs nessecary to dodge
May 13 21:43:34 <Kadmus> r 11 Tank
May 13 21:43:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 21:43:39 <Kadmus> 0 damage.
May 13 21:43:54 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 Mary sings a few notes to surround herself in musical protection, attempting to tank the damage.
May 13 21:43:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 21:43:58 <BobaFettuccine> 1 damage
May 13 21:44:54 <gumbal1> The sunspotter's bag crashes hard into the mansion, breaking the walls and shattering the roof. Granted, it seems like it was holding back.
May 13 21:44:58 <gumbal1> > FLOYD
May 13 21:50:55 <Neon> Floyd looks over at Conn, and says, "I think it's time we book it. Take my hand." He begins chanting quietly, as he does. "Please keep your eyes closed for the entirety of the journey, by the way."
May 13 21:51:05 <Neon> [ Using action to prep alien geometries ]
May 13 21:51:20 <gumbal1> > TAYLOR BRACKENWOOD
May 13 21:52:33 <gumbal1> …you know, it's probably a good idea to do that once you're out of earshot of the royally pissed husband of the woman you just killed. Taylor points a finger at Floyd. "I. Think. Not."
May 13 21:52:51 <DarnellJermaine> (can I try to intercept or interrupt him from hitting floyd?)
May 13 21:53:00 <gumbal1> r 10 D I S T I N E G R A T E (bd 6, ap 3)
May 13 21:53:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 21:53:10 <DarnellJermaine> (@gumbal1)
May 13 21:53:23 <gumbal1> (yee, roll to intercept)
May 13 21:54:14 <DarnellJermaine> r 10 (to intercept, -0 because using unused minor action)
May 13 21:54:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 21:54:47 <gumbal1> You succesfully intercept the blow.
May 13 21:55:11 <DarnellJermaine> (so I have vitality 5, do I roll mundane or non mundane to tank the base damage?)
May 13 21:55:21 <gumbal1> (ability dr)
May 13 21:55:40 <DarnellJermaine> (the vitality reduces the excess successes at least, ye?)
May 13 21:55:45 <Kadmus> (yes)
May 13 21:55:46 <DarnellJermaine> r 3 (why did I do this)
May 13 21:55:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 21:55:52 <BobaFettuccine> (You only have 3 ability dr and it's ap 3 tho)
May 13 21:55:57 <Kadmus> (yeah, whoops)
May 13 21:56:00 <BobaFettuccine> (So you don't get a dr roll)
May 13 21:56:33 <DarnellJermaine> (oh rip)
May 13 21:56:36 <DarnellJermaine> (that's just 6 damage then)
May 13 21:56:42 <DarnellJermaine> (this was bad juju)
May 13 21:56:58 <gumbal1> You feel as if parts of you are aging rapidly, skin turning to dust from the inside. But hey, at least Floyd is safe!
May 13 21:57:36 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 21:57:46 <BobaFettuccine> "Go with Floyd Conn!" Mary shouts, "I can heal Garrett."
May 13 22:00:04 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael holds his actions.
May 13 22:00:13 <gumbal1> > GARRETT
May 13 22:00:52 <DarnellJermaine> "Sheldon, blast 'em!" Garrett gushes out, gripping his stomach as he picks himself up. The turtle, who was previously in the corner of the room until now- unleashes a torrent of water at the flying man.
May 13 22:01:12 <DarnellJermaine> r 11 2 focus (0/3 focus, 4 base damage water type if that matters)
May 13 22:01:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 22:01:21 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 22:01:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 22:01:32 <gumbal1> …and he just barely dodges!
May 13 22:01:37 <gumbal1> > MARY
May 13 22:02:10 <BobaFettuccine> (Conn's turn is before Mary's)
May 13 22:02:20 <gumbal1> > Conn
May 13 22:03:05 <Kadmus> Conn trusts Mary to follow up on her word, so he focuses his power and floods Floyd with energy, making him feel… /better/ at everything.
May 13 22:03:09 <Kadmus> r 10 Empower
May 13 22:03:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 22:03:19 <Kadmus> +5 dice to Floyd's next roll.
May 13 22:03:32 <gumbal1> > MARY
May 13 22:06:08 <BobaFettuccine> Mary uses her minor action to buff her charisma as she starts to play 'I am the Fire' on her guitar. She then uses her major action to heal Garrett, blue light flowing from her guitar to wash over his wounds.
May 13 22:06:14 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 Buffing Charisma
May 13 22:06:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 22:06:21 <BobaFettuccine> +2 Cha one round
May 13 22:06:31 <BobaFettuccine> r 13 healing Garrett
May 13 22:06:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 22:06:41 <BobaFettuccine> Heal 3hp Garrett
May 13 22:06:42 <gumbal1> > HELL TURN
May 13 22:06:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> Real quick, michael takes his held actions to prepare both his minor and major for intercepts.
May 13 22:06:47 <DarnellJermaine> (ty mary)
May 13 22:07:28 <gumbal1> Two sunspotters move somewhere. Two stay where they are. The remaining four are right in position to attack Floyd, Michael, Mary, and Garrett.'
May 13 22:08:03 <gumbal1> r 16 FUCK YOU (bd 7, ap 5) FLOYD
May 13 22:08:04 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 22:08:09 <gumbal1> r 16 FUCK YOU (bd 7, ap 5) MARY
May 13 22:08:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
May 13 22:08:13 <gumbal1> r 16 FUCK YOU (bd 7, ap 5) MICHAEL
May 13 22:08:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 22:08:19 <gumbal1> r 16 FUCK YOU (bd 7, ap 5) GARRETT
May 13 22:08:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 22:08:46 <DarnellJermaine> (GOD BLESS GARRETT BUYS HIS 3 SUCCESSES OUT OF HIS DODGE POOL)
May 13 22:09:23 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 17 (3 effort spent.)
May 13 22:09:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
May 13 22:09:58 <BobaFettuccine> r 13 1 effort to tank
May 13 22:09:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 22:10:09 <BobaFettuccine> Mary takes 4 damage
May 13 22:10:16 <BobaFettuccine> 4/9hp
May 13 22:13:04 <Neon> [ Spending one effort and buying the dice to dodge ]
May 13 22:13:16 <gumbal1> Alright.
May 13 22:13:19 <gumbal1> > FLOYD
May 13 22:17:49 <Neon> Floyd takes Conn and seems to step out of reality, heading towards the mountain using unknown geometries.
May 13 22:18:16 <Neon> r 9 Resolve+Geometries
May 13 22:18:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 22:18:37 <gumbal1> …you spawn in the exact location you needed to!
May 13 22:18:49 <gumbal1> …50 feet above it, in fact!
May 13 22:18:55 <gumbal1> > Acrobatics
May 13 22:20:14 <Kadmus> Conn doesn't want to land head first on the floor. A broken neck takes like seconds to heal, and it's inconvenient.
May 13 22:20:19 <Kadmus> r 2 +1 Effort
May 13 22:20:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 22:20:53 <gumbal1> Conn lands headfirst into the rock, taking 6 damage and temporarily blinding him.
May 13 22:21:15 <gumbal1> A different person and it wouldn't be temporary.
May 13 22:21:37 <Neon> r 4 base Finesse
May 13 22:21:37 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
May 13 22:21:44 <Kadmus> Yeah, those /were/ his eyeballs. Between Kindle and this rock, someone might have a grudge against those things.
May 13 22:22:32 <gumbal1> Floyd only takes five damage, landing groin first onto the generator. Ouch!
May 13 22:23:38 <gumbal1> Due to your shitty landing, you don't quite get the opportunity to turn on the generator yet. You do, however, witness two sunspotters floating around your general area!
May 13 22:23:43 <Neon> Yikes. That wasn't going to heal anytime soon.
May 13 22:23:47 <gumbal1> > TAYLOR BRACKENWOOD
May 13 22:24:59 <gumbal1> Taylor's pissed, and he's gonna take it out on Mary with yet another distinigrate!
May 13 22:25:19 <gumbal1> r 10 (bp 6, ap 3)
May 13 22:25:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 22:25:25 <DarnellJermaine> (Garrett isn't feeling brave enough to facetank this one)
May 13 22:25:44 <BobaFettuccine> Mary buys the two necessary successes to dodge.
May 13 22:26:08 <gumbal1> Good, because a priceless tablecloth gets the brunt of it, instead.
May 13 22:26:16 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 22:27:35 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Garret, Mary, c'mon!" he yells, as makes a break for the cellar
May 13 22:27:57 <gumbal1> > GARRETT
May 13 22:28:45 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett's gonna scramble right on after Michael, letting his turtle and mask disappear as he makes his way out. (any necessary rolls for us?)
May 13 22:28:56 <gumbal1> (not right now)
May 13 22:29:00 <gumbal1> > MARY
May 13 22:30:16 <BobaFettuccine> Mary is going to use her minor action to buff her charisma, and her major action to fly out of one of the gaping holes in the wall, and up the mountain as fast as she can go. Which is really fast.
May 13 22:30:23 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 charisma buff
May 13 22:30:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 22:30:33 <BobaFettuccine> +2 Charisma, 1 round
May 13 22:31:20 <gumbal1> Mary finds herself flying through a veritable sack fest of sunspotters if she's going down that route, but she can definitely see where the generator is. Mostly because two bloodied teens and two sunspotters are there.
May 13 22:31:37 <gumbal1> > HELL TURN 2: HELL HARDER
May 13 22:34:07 <gumbal1> > HERE LIES FLOYD, GARETTE, CONN, MICHAEL, AND MARY. THEY RAN FAST, AND DIED VIRGINS
May 13 22:34:29 <gumbal1> Four of the sunspotters collaborate on a single crush atack as Mary whizzes by.
May 13 22:35:50 <gumbal1> r 16 BALL BUSTER (10 bd, 5 ap)
May 13 22:35:50 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 22:37:00 <BobaFettuccine> r 21 flight power (3 focus 0/7)
May 13 22:37:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 22:37:35 <gumbal1> Mary very nearly meets her demise. Fortunately, only just very nearly.
May 13 22:38:06 <BobaFettuccine> (still have to roll actual dodge)
May 13 22:38:16 <gumbal1> Meanwhile, two of the other sunspotters begin plan B: crush the cellar. Garette and Michael look to find a caved in, untraversable hellhole.
May 13 22:38:23 <BobaFettuccine> r 15
May 13 22:38:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 22:38:51 <gumbal1> Conn and Floyd?
May 13 22:39:13 <gumbal1> r 16 (7 bd, 5 ap) DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
May 13 22:39:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 22:39:18 <gumbal1> r 16 (7 bd, 5 ap) DIE!
May 13 22:39:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 22:39:30 <gumbal1> (first is conn, second is floyd)
May 13 22:40:39 <Kadmus> Conn, as always, takes the hit like a champ. Like a champ who's missing his eyes thanks to having rocks embedded in his face. Like a champ who's swaying drunkenly due to the fact he's lost the only sense he can use to orient himself in this world.
May 13 22:40:56 <Kadmus> r 13 Tank +2 Effort
May 13 22:40:57 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
May 13 22:41:02 <Kadmus> 1 damage.
May 13 22:42:48 <Kadmus> The blow catches Conn mid-sway, snapping his collarbone and shoulder, leaving an open fracture that starts seeping blood. Barely an injury at all, really.
May 13 22:42:54 <gumbal1> It grazes you…but in your stupor, it also ends up sending you down the mountain below, tumbling, tumbling, tumbling. Eventually, too far down for you to tell, you finally land, (mangled) face up. Just when you think it can't get any worse, you feel the sensation of something uncomfortably warm and pungnent hitting your face, along with the telltale bah of a goat.
May 13 22:43:31 <Kadmus> Pride status: unchanged. You cannot lose what you do not have.
May 13 22:45:31 <Neon> r 11
May 13 22:45:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 6 6 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 22:46:55 <gumbal1> …time freezes. What are your last words, and what do your last moments in this world look like?
May 13 22:51:25 <Neon> Floyd feels the blow smash through him, turning his organs and bones into a fine smoothie. Through a growing wellspring of blood, he just manages to get the words, "Well then," out of his mouth, before passing, a mangled lump on the ground.
May 13 22:52:12 * QtPie (jx.lg.72.991|000_alliv#jx.lg.72.991|000_alliv) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
May 13 22:52:18 <gumbal1> …with his last breath, I want him to make a strength roll. Endurance, maybe. Something…simple.
May 13 22:52:56 <Neon> r 2
May 13 22:52:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for Neon: [ 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 22:53:31 <gumbal1> …but the errant twitch of his hand, just on top of the switch, was just that-and errant twitch.
May 13 22:53:38 <gumbal1> > TAYLOR BRACKENWOOD
May 13 22:54:08 <gumbal1> Frustrated, Taylor flies out, to follow Mary.
May 13 22:54:13 <gumbal1> > CONN
May 13 22:55:13 <Kadmus> Conn's of no use to man or beast lying here, whether or not he's covered in goat piss. He focuses his mind, concentrating on his powers, and forces his flesh to knit back together.
May 13 22:55:24 <Kadmus> r 8 Creeping Flesh
May 13 22:55:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
May 13 22:55:29 <Kadmus> Conn heals 2HP
May 13 22:55:40 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
May 13 22:55:59 <Kadmus> (Conn also regenerates 1 HP)
May 13 22:57:09 <DarnellJermaine> "Michael- I'm gonna try something crazy, and I need your help!"
May 13 22:57:38 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael is going to use both his actions to run as fast as he can to the generator
May 13 22:58:15 <gumbal1> > GARRETT
May 13 22:58:29 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett uses his minor action real quick to squish 1 hp for 3 effort (that's minor, correct?)
May 13 23:00:14 <DarnellJermaine> Then- he looks around him. Mary is barely avoiding sunspotters and zooming away, Michael's doing his best, Connor is somewhere down the mountain… and Floyd just died. He takes a deep breath and soaks in the madness around him. All this… should be beyond possible. Wait- beyond possible. He takes out his slingshot and a rock from his pack, taking aim at the generator switch near Floyd's body. David once
May 13 23:00:14 <DarnellJermaine> took out Goliath with mere stones- but Garrett was no biblical hero. He concentrated more than ever before, putting his all into this shot.
May 13 23:00:27 <DarnellJermaine> r 10 2 effort (1/3 effort, David's Sling)
May 13 23:00:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 23:00:58 <gumbal1> Take a d10 inspiration die for this.
May 13 23:01:24 <DarnellJermaine> (how do I do?)
May 13 23:01:28 <DarnellJermaine> (do that*)
May 13 23:01:39 <gumbal1> (‘roll 1dx)
May 13 23:01:43 <BobaFettuccine> yee 1d10
May 13 23:01:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D10 for BobaFettuccine: [ 2 ]
May 13 23:01:51 <DarnellJermaine> 1roll 1d10
May 13 23:01:52 <BobaFettuccine> (or do that)
May 13 23:01:56 <DarnellJermaine> `roll 1d10
May 13 23:01:56 <GameServ> DarnellJermaine rolled 1d10: 8 <Total: 8>
May 13 23:02:34 <gumbal1> The rock soars across the sky.
May 13 23:02:37 <gumbal1> Soaring…
May 13 23:02:40 <gumbal1> …soaring…
May 13 23:03:06 <gumbal1> …*tink!*
May 13 23:04:06 <gumbal1> …and the holes in the sky close, the sunspotters retracting into them.
May 13 23:04:15 <gumbal1> > MARY
May 13 23:06:30 <BobaFettuccine> Mary now sees Floyd’s corpse, and her mind goes blank, filling with nothing but red rage and fire. She stops where she is, her flames jumping at least ten feet higher as she roars, incredibly loudly and throws a lance of flame as much as she can at Mr. BrackenWood, it's his fault! ALL HIS FAULT
May 13 23:06:38 <BobaFettuccine> r 10 (Charisma buff)
May 13 23:06:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
May 13 23:06:48 <BobaFettuccine> +2 cha 1 round
May 13 23:07:33 <BobaFettuccine> r 20 DIE DIE DIE DIE
May 13 23:07:33 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
May 13 23:08:07 <gumbal1> r 10
May 13 23:08:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
May 13 23:08:47 <gumbal1> And, just barely, Taylor Brackenwood manages to avoid the shot. "You think you compare?! To my arcane might?!"
May 13 23:08:52 <gumbal1> > Taylor
May 13 23:09:15 <gumbal1> r 10 (7bd 3 ap) "YOU! ARE! NOTHING!"
May 13 23:09:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
May 13 23:10:00 <gumbal1> …the beam fizzles in his hand. He looks at it for a second, puzzled…before it goes off right in his face, blowing his head into chunks.
May 13 23:10:04 <gumbal1> > COMBAT ENDED
May 13 23:11:00 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael runs out into the open to find floyd dead, mary pissed, and the sunspots gone. mabey it was time to go home?
May 13 23:11:17 <Kadmus> Conn's eyesight gradually returns as his healing pushes the chunks of rock out of his eyes, and he finds himself flat on the floor at the bottom of a hill. He has no idea what's happened since he was blinded.
May 13 23:11:24 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett just falls to his knees as the action finally ends, exhausted and about to pass out.
May 13 23:11:32 <Inebriated_Lobster> HE runs up the mountain to floyds corpse.
May 13 23:12:01 <BobaFettuccine> Mary doesn't care that it's a corpse falling from the air right now IT MUST BE IMMOLATED. She continues throwing wave after wave of fire at the falling body until nothing but ash is left as she roars her rage to the sky.
May 13 23:12:14 <Kadmus> Conn sits up and radios the others. "What- what is 'appening? I was blinded. 'Allo? Anyone?"
May 13 23:12:42 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett opens up his radio to respond between heavy breaths, "Mary…angry. Floyd… dead. Baddies… gone"
May 13 23:12:44 <gumbal1> It almost feels familiar, being so high up in the sky, attacking errant cloth, only tangibly responsible for the death of a friend.
May 13 23:13:15 <Kadmus> Conn looks up the hill and starts going up it as fast as he can, to see if he can do anything for Floyd.
May 13 23:13:18 <Inebriated_Lobster> When michael arrives floyds messy corpse, if there is enough left, he throws him over his shoulder, a blank expression on his face.
May 13 23:14:03 <DarnellJermaine> Garrett wants to move up and help, but his knees have apparently turned to jello and he can't really move right now.
May 13 23:14:37 <BobaFettuccine> After a long while, after the corpse is nothing but a charred ruin, Mary slowly floats back to the ground until she touches down, curling up into a ball and starts crying and muttering, "Not again." Over and over.
May 13 23:15:25 <gumbal1> ~What a sad, sad child.~
May 13 23:15:44 <gumbal1> The voice seemingly comes from your own mind.
May 13 23:16:43 <BobaFettuccine> Mary is indeed a sad, sad child, so sad, and filled with rage in fact, that she just starts to cry harder, the flames around her are really hot, and there's a lot of them.
May 13 23:17:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael seeing mary surrounded by flame, can do nothing for her. He attempts to radio back to school.
May 13 23:17:47 <Kadmus> Conn gets to where Michael's found Floyd, and one quick check is enough to tell him what he already fears. Floyd's gone, and there's no way he can fix him. His face sets in a blank mask, and he helps Michael carry their temmate back down to the others.
May 13 23:18:36 <gumbal1> And there's something watching, from their seat on a rock. A cloud of black smoke…no, a familiar face. Several. Theodore, Floyd, Athene…they all flash through as images upon the canvas of the Remnant of Mary's sorrow.
May 13 23:19:03 <gumbal1> «Hello? What's the status?»
May 13 23:19:29 <DarnellJermaine> «Mission over. Things are… bad. Dead student. Bring us back soon please…»
May 13 23:19:54 <gumbal1> «Alright. Retrieval in sixty seconds.»
May 13 23:20:40 <gumbal1> ~Why didn't you go with Floyd? You could have saved him.~
May 13 23:21:09 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael sets down floyds body and walks over to mary as close as he can without getting burned. "Mary, it's time.. We got to-" he looks up to see the thing over by the rock. "What the fuck is that?"
May 13 23:21:33 <gumbal1> The Remnant gets up. ~Disgusting. I'd eat you if I had the strength.~
May 13 23:21:41 <gumbal1> And with that, it disappears.
May 13 23:21:47 <gumbal1> ~RUN COMPLETE~
May 13 23:22:04 <gumbal1> ~XP: 6, +1 TO GARRETT~
May 13 23:22:14 <gumbal1> ~$500~
May 13 23:22:28 <gumbal1> ~NPCS KILLED: THE BRAKENWOODS~
May 13 23:22:36 <gumbal1> ~PC KILLED: FLOYD~
May 13 23:22:40 <gumbal1> ~FIN~

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License