SIREN

Sep 09 16:12:28 <gumbal1> -S I R E N-
Sep 09 16:13:35 <BobaFettuccine> Mary's in the courtyard, practicing playing her guitar, as she so often is. She likes doing it outside, because it's nicer out there. Today the small redheaded girl is dressed in a sleeveless Halestorm shirt, black jeans, and black combat boots.
Sep 09 16:15:22 <Silvors> Fei wasn't in the courtyard per-say, she was more so on the edge of it. She had bugs going about their business, tuned into their senses and watching and listening to, well, a bit of everything, really. Fei was reading a book, wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt and some gloves to hide her sleeve. Glasses were as black-rimmed as ever too.
Sep 09 16:15:53 * jacka__ (Karaoke@2602:304:b01d:mxlq:zqxi:nply:pwws:zxqw) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Sep 09 16:17:35 * jacka__ has quit (Client Quit)
Sep 09 16:19:12 <gumbal1> Of course they've tried everyone in their own hall, but who wants to go out into the woods on a wild goose chase with the dead girl and the recluse? If Cammy's weirdness didn't put them off, the absurdity of Castille's existance was sure to do so, and vice versa. And so they're on to the next hall for potential recruits. They've heard rumors of Andromeda's weirdness, sure, but that merely meant they were more likely to engage in the time honor
Sep 09 16:19:12 <gumbal1> ed activity of hunting cryptids, right? And so, backpacks in tow, the short blue Floodwater Goddess with the white dreadlocks in the white dress and the pudgy Enforcer of Maqor's Hand in a vaguely camoish jacket and khakis talk to themselves for a bit, untilt he two of them approach a certain Mary Macliegh in between one of her practice songs. The Enforcer, Cammy, chooses to speak first. "…uh, hey. I'm gonna ask something weird, but, uh, wou
Sep 09 16:19:12 <gumbal1> ld you wan't to accompany us somewhere? Like, 'deep woods' somewhere?"
Sep 09 16:19:24 <gumbal1> "…wow, I coulda worded that better, heh."
Sep 09 16:19:34 * Karaoke_ has quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
Sep 09 16:21:18 <Silvors> Fei had heard bits of them asking other students which is, well, she can't avoid overhearing conversations when she has trillions, if not more, ears spread across only a few miles. She looked at the girl's, not through her own face but through an ant that was assisting in the theft of a dropped dorito.
Sep 09 16:22:46 <gumbal1> Cammy doesn't seem to notice. Castille, however, gives an errant glance to the dorito.
Sep 09 16:23:10 <BobaFettuccine> Mary slings her guitar across her back and frowns a bit, she was thinking about the time that she'd followed someone else into the deepwoods, but… you can't move on from something if you constantly ignore that it happened and stay away from anything like it. "Sure! Sounds like fun, but… Why are we going?" She smiles brightly at the two girls.
Sep 09 16:26:31 <gumbal1> "Oh, uh…well," Cameron Nguyen, like any good photographer (read: a nerd), had a bit of pride in her work. And so, fetching into her backpack, she retrieves a photograph taken by Mary's Truly herself, of what looks like an oversized, tawny tadpole. "We, uh, found this out in the woods." Castille's attention seems to have been taken by the dorito, which she proceeds to follow for a bit. "We wanna go back and see what's up."
Sep 09 16:29:33 <Silvors> The dorrito is taken and torn apart, the ants chipping at the chip to carry its crumbs into their anthill. Ants. Fei in the mean time, has a swarm of bugs go get her pistol. This sounded interesting and, while she wasn't sure if she was going or not, if she decided to, she'd want a gun. Never go into the woods without a gun.
Sep 09 16:30:02 <BobaFettuccine> "Oooh! A big fish!" Mary looks at the picture, "So we're looking for weird animals? Also, I don't think I caught your name. I'm Mary!" She offers her hand to shake.
Sep 09 16:33:06 <gumbal1> "Good to meet you. I'm Cammy." Cammy takes a bit of hesitation before handshaking, but she seems normal at least. Castille, meanwhile, satisfied to know that the Dorito didn't have an oddly human soul though perplexed by why the ants seemed to have, looks back at the two and smiles, which, while technically reaching her eyes, doesn't take from the fact that her eyes are heavily cataracted and glossy. "Castille Lespiaux. A pleasure to meetcha,
Sep 09 16:33:06 <gumbal1> Mary."
Sep 09 16:37:50 <BobaFettuccine> "Nice to meet you guys too!" She grins and floats up into more of a standing position, "So when are we heading out?"
Sep 09 16:39:04 <gumbal1> "Uh…" The thought of actually setting a concrete date never came up, Cammy soon realizes with a bit of apprehension. "Sometime…later today? Me and Cassy are out of class for the day."
Sep 09 16:39:28 <Silvors> Fei watched as a vent got pushed open by a mass of beetles and small little handpurse… or maybe it was a satchel? fell out and landed next to her. She grabbed it, double checking its contents with her human eyes which were, to be honest, less reliable than her bugs. She had horrible vision.
Sep 09 16:42:29 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods, "Whenever you want to go, shoot me a text or something, here's my number." She says her number. "I'm also out of class for the day."
Sep 09 16:44:31 <Silvors> Fei decided to stand up, putting her satchel, which is what she decided it was. A small satchel, probably made for one of those massive phones, and went to head over to the three girls. Fei was weird because she didn't think, well, she did but the thinking was spread out over nine miles of minds.
Sep 09 16:45:29 <gumbal1> "Alright, well…thanks!" Numbers are exchanged and the two part ways with the one…and quickly run into Fei. Castille almost seems to nod for some reason. "Oh, uh, hey!" "Heya."
Sep 09 16:47:23 <Silvors> Fei blinked a few times. Fuck. Words. She didn't trust her own voice and telepathy was… iffy. Especially if these girls had power-sensing powers. She instead pulled out a small business card, reading: <My name is Fei. Yes, I am asian. No, I am not Japanese. Yes, I am Korean. No, not that Korea.> Simple. It covered the majority of the questions she got asked, really… a part of her wondered if there were any other
Sep 09 16:47:23 <Silvors> Korean students.
Sep 09 16:47:46 <BobaFettuccine> Mary sits back down and gets to practicing some more. You could never have too much practice.
Sep 09 16:48:36 <gumbal1> The Vietnamese-American Cammy nods, while the Afro-Creole Castille merely tilts her head in response. "Somethin' wrong, Fei?"
Sep 09 16:50:24 <Silvors> Fei shakes her head and goes to flip the card, which simply read <DEAF> in all caps. Bold. Times New Roman. She couldn't stand those arial people. Plus, true, she could hear through enough bugs and even get a sort of psuedo-hearing where she could piece the partial words into words through just a few… but never show your cards, right?
Sep 09 16:53:24 <gumbal1> Unless it was a business card. Cammy nods once more, pulling out a journal from her side pocket and…putting it back, only to drop her backpack onto the ground and pull out a piece of notebook paper. ~sorry.~ Writes the girl who didn't even say anything. Castille, meanwhile, almost cracks a smile at the formatting.
Sep 09 16:55:53 <Silvors> It is a business card. It even has Fei's phone number at the bottom. She stared, reading and giving a shrug. She goes to pull a small little pocket-notebook out of her pocket. <No prob.> She replies in spindly handwriting… fuck. How was she supposed to do this now? 'Hey, deaf girl heard you say som- oh.' Yeah. No way this would work. <What are you doing?> She adds.
Sep 09 16:57:17 <gumbal1> ~we were~ Bit of a pause. ~talking with someone about something in the woods.~ Cammy gives a questioning look to Castille, who nods in response.
Sep 09 16:58:32 <Silvors> Fei knew this looked suspicious as fuck. Walking up to recruiters and being deaf, while trying to explain you were eavesdropping? Yeah. No. That's… literally impossible. Except for in this instance. <Oh?>
Sep 09 16:59:37 * DarcellJermaine has quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
Sep 09 16:59:55 <gumbal1> ~would you want to join us? we're hunting cryptids~ Cammy gives Castille a look, before Castille nods and fishes said tadpole photo out of the backpack.
Sep 09 17:00:06 * BobaFettuccine is now known as BobaBRB
Sep 09 17:00:49 <Silvors> Fei shrugs and then nods. Searching was, like, the primary use of Fei's power. The whole 'every bug for 9 miles' gave her a long range to look and listen.
Sep 09 17:01:19 * SolongStarbird_ is now known as SolongStarbird
Sep 09 17:02:37 <gumbal1> "Oh cool!" Cammy blinks, then goes back to her paper. ~sorry. anyways cool id love to have you along. uh. i'm cammy and this is castille~
Sep 09 17:03:24 <Silvors> Fei nods her head. She knew their names already. <K. Phone number is on card.>
Sep 09 17:05:39 <gumbal1> And Cammy quickly gets out her phone. «Okay see you-» A glance is spared to Castille once more. "Six?" «-at six!»
Sep 09 17:06:05 <gumbal1> -THE WORLD ONLY CARES FOR RESULTS (time skip)-
Sep 09 17:09:23 <gumbal1> "Okay, so we have the snacks," Several pounds of trail mix, several granola bars, some jerky, and, oddly enough, a few beignets, baked by Castille's dad. "some flashlights, crank and battery, some med supplies" Stolen from the nurses office by Castille. "and a map of the woods!" Phones have compass features anyways, right? Cammy looks up from her list. "Anything else?"
Sep 09 17:11:02 * Nemi|Out is now known as Nemi
Sep 09 17:12:56 * BobaBRB is now known as BobaFettuccine
Sep 09 17:15:12 <Silvors> Fei shakes her head. She had her pistol and bugs just in case, but other than that? What did she really need?
Sep 09 17:15:30 <BobaFettuccine> Mary raises her hand. "I won't need a flashlight," She gestures to her bright blue glow. "I kinda am one." A little laugh, for some reason Mary has brought her guitar along.
Sep 09 17:17:47 <gumbal1> Cammy seems to light up at Mary…lighting up, while Castille just sorta looks on. Kinda hard to impress a host/avatar of/an actual goddess. "That should be everything we need. C'mon, then." And thus, the four girls start into the woods. It's a lovely Spring afternoon in these Canadian woods. Surprisingly warm for the general climate, but who cares these days?
Sep 09 17:19:58 <Silvors> Fei nods her head, following after the girls. She had her bugs within nine miles on high alert for some kind of… cryptid? For the thing in the picture.
Sep 09 17:20:46 <gumbal1> > PERCEPTION/PROBLEM SOLVING, FEI
Sep 09 17:21:16 <BobaFettuccine> Mary smiles and floats along with them, casting a pretty bright light around the group, though she'd ruin the night vision of anyone looking directly at her.
Sep 09 17:23:44 <Silvors> 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 17:23:50 <Silvors> ‘calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 17:23:50 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 7
Sep 09 17:24:02 <Silvors> (Actually, +1 to that if academics would’ve applied)
Sep 09 17:26:44 <gumbal1> Fei, there's two general areas that seem to be bug-free, for the most part. Some place several miles north, noted as Lake Aureal, and an unmarked spot about…four miles northnorthwest? In regards to cryptids, your bugs do seem to spot something tawny wiggling about in a stream a few thousand meters northnortheast.
Sep 09 17:29:50 <Silvors> Fei nods her head. <There's something about the same things a few thousand meters… that way.> Fei points in the direction her bugs spotted it!
Sep 09 17:32:12 <BobaFettuccine> Mary doesn't notice Fei show the writing to everyone cause she's looking around for giant tadpoles!
Sep 09 17:32:34 <gumbal1> "Oh…nice!" <Oh sorry. I forgot. Anyways i just said nice> And that way they head, eventually coming to a small creek. Castille, seeing the creek, takes off her shoes to dip her feet into. Skewed priorities, certainly, especially when this thing could potentially bite her feet off.
Sep 09 17:34:30 <BobaFettuccine> Mary goes and floats a couple feet above the water, shedding bright blue light over the scene.
Sep 09 17:35:54 <Silvors> Fei made sure to track it with bugs, even trying to tag it with a fly or two.
Sep 09 17:36:11 <gumbal1> And of course, there it is in the water, blubbing along aimlessly…though its mouth is moving more than most tadpoles are known for, never really closing, either. Cammy's currently putting her bag down to fetch her precious camera. More pictures!
Sep 09 17:36:40 <Silvors> Fei had her bugs on watch around them as she stared at the thing. Giant tadpole?
Sep 09 17:37:59 <gumbal1> Giant tadpole.
Sep 09 17:38:16 <BobaFettuccine> Mary stares at the giant tadpole, floating above it to get a better look, so cool! Today was turning out to be pretty awesome.
Sep 09 17:38:47 <gumbal1> > PERCEPTION, MARY
Sep 09 17:39:00 <gumbal1> (add biology-related skill if you have it)
Sep 09 17:39:03 * nightOrb is now known as Endorb
Sep 09 17:39:44 <BobaFettuccine> 4d3-8+4 (my perception is just brains)
Sep 09 17:40:00 <BobaFettuccine> ‘calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 17:40:00 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 4
Sep 09 17:40:22 * SolongStarbird_ (SolongStar@2605:a601:700f:izhu:swxv:nnvi:rqrr:yvzm) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Sep 09 17:40:53 <gumbal1> It’s pretty, even if its mouth is weird. It seems drawn to Castille, who's currently just kicking her feet around in the water. She'd regret that if she wasn't basically immune to water degredation.
Sep 09 17:42:10 <BobaFettuccine> "I think you should be careful with your feet Castille, The tadpole thingy might bite them." Mary says, with a smile at the girl.
Sep 09 17:44:15 * SolongStarbird has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
Sep 09 17:45:07 * SolongStarbird_ is now known as SolongStarbird
Sep 09 17:45:13 <gumbal1> "If he knows what's good, he ain't gonna bite." True to her word, the tadpole, once it gets close enough, just seems to vaguelly stare in her general direction, a welcome change from the idea of a five-foot long sea monster suddenly swimming for your ass. Cammy, meanwhile, having found her camera, looks to take a good position for the shot.
Sep 09 17:45:53 <Silvors> Fei nods her head in agreement, going to move a few bugs around. She didn't know what tadpoles ate, she realized as she moved bugs away from the water, save for those who lived there like mosquitoes.
Sep 09 17:48:05 <BobaFettuccine> Mary soon loses interest in the giant tadpole. Cause you can only stare at an oversized aquatic animal for so long before getting bored with it. She still floats above the water to provide light though.
Sep 09 17:50:32 <gumbal1> *snap* *snap* *snap* "…one more." *snap* Beat. *snapsnap* *snap* Beat. *snap* "Done. Oh man, the school paper's gonna love this! Anything else we wanna do?"
Sep 09 17:53:10 <BobaFettuccine> "Well, we're already in the woods, and it's only been, like, an hour. We should explore some more! Maybe we can find another thing like the giant tadpole!" Mary laughs happily and floats back over to dry land.
Sep 09 17:53:54 <Silvors> Fei goes to feel with her bugs, looking through their eyes for anything else extraordinary. Supernatural multitasking power, yo.
Sep 09 17:54:52 <gumbal1> As before, Fei doesn't really find much else for now, besides the two odd bug-free zones from before. "Great! Where to, next?"
Sep 09 17:55:15 <gumbal1> Castille, meanwhile, gets out of the water, though rather than putting her shoes back on, she just carries them with her.
Sep 09 17:55:28 <Silvors> Fei tries sending some bugs into the bug-free zone, looking inside of them both.
Sep 09 17:57:08 <gumbal1> Bug-free zone numero uno, i.e. the closest one, appears to be a small hill, where a cabin appears to be built. Zone two is the aformentioned Lake Aureal, which appears to have a small, moss-covered Island in the middl-
Sep 09 17:57:11 <gumbal1> >MDEF, FEI
Sep 09 17:57:30 <Silvors> ‘calc 4d3-8+6
Sep 09 17:57:30 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 6
Sep 09 17:57:41 <gumbal1> 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 17:57:45 <gumbal1> `4d3-8+4
Sep 09 17:57:49 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 17:57:49 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 7
Sep 09 17:58:09 <gumbal1> …you need to go there. Now.
Sep 09 17:58:18 <gumbal1> She’s waiting for you.
Sep 09 17:58:51 <Silvors> Fei blinks a few times. Waiting… someone was waiting for her. She was waiting. She looked at the other three girls. "You… wanna go to a lake? That way." Fei pointed again.
Sep 09 18:00:22 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods with a smile, "Sure! Sounds fun!" And she floats off in the direction that Fei is pointing, making sure to go slow enough that the others can keep up.
Sep 09 18:01:10 <gumbal1> Cammy blinks, before nodding and following Mary. Castille follows soon after, seemingly undisturbed by her lack of shoes. It rocks to be a terraformer, sometimes.
Sep 09 18:01:50 <Silvors> Fei had her bugs gathering. Good. They were coming. Fei needed to go here, after all… why? She had no idea.
Sep 09 18:02:07 <gumbal1> Who knows, indeed?
Sep 09 18:04:23 <gumbal1> The Canadian Wilderness is beautiful, thankfully, and Lake Aureal is no exception. Oddly ripply, sure, but there's a lot of wildlife here so that's explainable. Near the middle is a small, round, mossy island, perhaps big enough for a few people and not much else.
Sep 09 18:04:28 <gumbal1> She's over there.
Sep 09 18:05:53 <Silvors> Where could she be then? Zita doesn't let her bugs come in outside the perimeter anymore, since she didn't want them there. She felt herself hum as she looked around… not having her bugs made everything nearby very… quiet.
Sep 09 18:06:33 <gumbal1> How loud does she hum?
Sep 09 18:06:41 <gumbal1> Can the others hear it?
Sep 09 18:06:49 <Silvors> Not very. The others could hear it if they were quiet.
Sep 09 18:08:14 <BobaFettuccine> Which Mary is not. "Hey! This place is pretty neat!" She floats out over the water a bit. "I wonder what's on that island, you guys wanna go check it out?" She turns back to the others.
Sep 09 18:09:14 * Knave has quit (Quit: Knave Out)
Sep 09 18:09:21 <gumbal1> "Wow! It's beautifuuuuuuuul." Cammy loudly makes her way over to the water's edge and just…sits there, not even bothering with the camera. "Sure is, Cammy. And…eh, in a bit." "…hey, Cass?" "Yeah?" "I…" Cammy paused, just enough of a pause to let everything stay quiet.
Sep 09 18:09:32 <gumbal1> >ROLL SKILL ASSOSCIATED WITH HUMMING, FEI
Sep 09 18:09:56 <Silvors> (Would humming be a negative, since Fei is deaf? XD)
Sep 09 18:10:16 <Silvors> 4d3-8+0
Sep 09 18:10:21 <Silvors> ‘calc 4d3-8+0
Sep 09 18:10:21 <GameServ> 4d3-8+0 = -1
Sep 09 18:11:04 <gumbal1> Fei nearly hawks a loogie on accident.
Sep 09 18:14:37 <gumbal1> <Are you okay?>
Sep 09 18:15:10 <BobaFettuccine> Mary turns, a little startled by the noise from the quiet girl.
Sep 09 18:15:42 <Silvors> Fei nods her head and goes to cover her mouth, swallowing and then nodding again. <Fine. Choked on spit… sorry.>
Sep 09 18:16:57 <gumbal1> <Right> The two of them are silent in the interum between Fei’s choking and whatever might come next. "So…how do you think we get there? Besides, er, flying, I guess."
Sep 09 18:18:19 <BobaFettuccine> "Well, I can carry you guys over one at a time." Mary smiles, "I'm not super strong, but if you climb on my back, I don't think my flying has a weight limit."
Sep 09 18:24:31 <gumbal1> "Oh. Alright, uh…who first?"
Sep 09 18:24:34 <Silvors> Fei just stares blankly. Deaf without any bugs to support her.
Sep 09 18:27:42 <gumbal1> "…no takers? Uh…oh!" <Hey fei do you want to go first>
Sep 09 18:28:06 <Silvors> <First to what?> Fei had been deaf this entire time!
Sep 09 18:28:21 <BobaFettuccine> Mary pulls out her phone and types, <I'm taking us to the island, you wanna go first?> before showing the screen to Fei.
Sep 09 18:28:57 <Silvors> <Oh, sure.> Fei spoke with a nod.
Sep 09 18:29:59 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods and types, <Alright, hang onto my back> She shows the screen to Fei, and then turns around, unslinging the guitar from her back so that Fei could climb on.
Sep 09 18:31:06 <Silvors> Fei climbs onto the girl's back with a nod, wrapping her arms around. She /could/ borrow Mary's ear but, again, she didn't know the girl's powers and telepathy seemed like a risk.
Sep 09 18:31:44 * Endorb has quit (Quit: http://www.mibbit.com ajax IRC Client)
Sep 09 18:32:22 <gumbal1> The lake is surprisingly quiet, actually. No bugs except for those brought over by Fei, no real wildlife, nothing. Just the four of them, now two, heading over for a small, mossy island that appears to move towards wait what.
Sep 09 18:34:30 <gumbal1> The island rises, eventually revealing itself not to be an island, but the back of something's head. Whatever this thing is, it's large, has a giant vertical slit where the top of its head should be, filled with long, sharp teeth, and four, bright orange eyes at the front(?) of its head. "MARY MACLEIGH. JAE-YUN FEI."
Sep 09 18:35:00 <gumbal1> "WHAT ARE HUMANS DOING IN MY SACRED FOREST."
Sep 09 18:35:20 <gumbal1> > MDEF, MARY
Sep 09 18:36:03 <BobaFettuccine> ‘Calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 18:36:03 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 5
Sep 09 18:36:58 * SolongStarbird has quit (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
Sep 09 18:38:17 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+8
Sep 09 18:38:17 <GameServ> 4d3-8+8 = 9
Sep 09 18:38:34 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+3
Sep 09 18:38:34 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 5
Sep 09 18:38:41 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Sep 09 18:38:42 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 9
Sep 09 18:39:41 * SolongStarbird (SolongStar@2605:a601:700f:izhu:swxv:nnvi:rqrr:yvzm) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Sep 09 18:39:49 <gumbal1> Mary, you’re…something's not particularly right here. Actually, that's a lie. Everything's completely right, as it should be. Like how you're suddenly taken by this odd creature.
Sep 09 18:42:16 <BobaFettuccine> Mary flies closer to the beautiful island thing and waves, for a moment totally forgetting about Fei on her back. "Hi! I'm Mary." She smiles wide at it.
Sep 09 18:44:30 <Silvors> Fei didn't bring any bugs and was still deaf. She looked at the big creature with utter confusion as she sat on Mary's back. How close to it were they?
Sep 09 18:45:21 <gumbal1> The thing rises, revealing…it's not so much shoulders, as it is arms attatched to the corner of the torso. Most of it is still submerged, but tiny, glowing eyes poke out from under the surface of the water. "I KNOW." They got about five meters away by the time it broke the surface.
Sep 09 18:46:54 <BobaFettuccine> "What's your name?" She asks, still smiling and friendly, and for some reason seeing nothing wrong with the current situation.
Sep 09 18:50:49 <gumbal1> "WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THAT." A hand emerges from the water, to grab at Mary.
Sep 09 18:51:14 <gumbal1> Castille, meanwhile, is looking worryingly at Cammy, over at the edge of the water.
Sep 09 18:52:27 * Endorb (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|tibbiM#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|tibbiM) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Sep 09 18:52:27 * ChanServ gives voice to Endorb
Sep 09 18:52:37 <Silvors> Fei blinks a few times, going to put a hand in her satchel. Fei had a lack of fear, or at least her fear was stunted. Something about bugs and hiveminds.
Sep 09 18:52:59 <BobaFettuccine> "Cause you're great, and I wanna be friends!" She smiles still, not moving, if it wanted to grab her, why shouldn't she let it? "It's fine if you don't want to tell me though."
Sep 09 18:54:24 <gumbal1> For an unholy lake monster abomination, she has a surprisingly smooth voice. One you'd expect from a lounge singer. "I DON'T NEED HUMAN FRIENDS. GO DIE SOMEWHERE ELSE."
Sep 09 18:55:42 <Silvors> Fei is really confused… so she taps her telepathy into Mary's ears to listen through them.
Sep 09 18:56:21 <BobaFettuccine> "But everybody needs friends." Mary frowns. "That's a really mean thing to say, why would you say something mean like that?"
Sep 09 18:57:30 <Silvors> Fuck. Friends? Did Fei sign onto some care bear thing?
Sep 09 18:57:46 <gumbal1> "FINE. LET IT BE THIS WAY." Coming out of the water more (and revealing more of her form), the thing holds the two of them behind her head.
Sep 09 18:57:56 <gumbal1> > PHYSICAL DEFENSE, FEI AND MARY
Sep 09 18:58:22 <gumbal1> > OR AGILITY MARY, STRENGTH FEI
Sep 09 18:58:46 <Silvors> 4d3-8+1
Sep 09 18:58:49 <Silvors> ‘calc 4d3-8+1
Sep 09 18:58:49 <GameServ> 4d3-8+1 = 2
Sep 09 19:00:20 <BobaFettuccine> `calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:00:20 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 10
Sep 09 19:00:31 <gumbal1> (which was which)
Sep 09 19:00:54 <Silvors> (That was strength. Should I have rolled Fei’s GANGSTER COMBAT instead?)
Sep 09 19:00:55 <BobaFettuccine> (10 was Mary agility+reflexes)
Sep 09 19:01:03 <Silvors> (Or Fei's reflexes, for that matter?)
Sep 09 19:01:46 <gumbal1> 4d3-8+5
Sep 09 19:01:51 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+5
Sep 09 19:01:51 <GameServ> 4d3-8+5 = 7
Sep 09 19:02:10 <gumbal1> Mary, thankfully, manages to swerve back around, to avoid having just been thrown at the nearest riverbank. Fei, however, couldn’t quite hold on for the rid, and hits the water pretty hard. (-4 PHEALTH)
Sep 09 19:02:43 <gumbal1> ~BOSS BATTLE: CREATURE IN THE LAKE~
Sep 09 19:02:47 <gumbal1> > initiative
Sep 09 19:02:59 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 19:02:59 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 4
Sep 09 19:03:41 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+2
Sep 09 19:03:41 <GameServ> 4d3-8+2 = 1
Sep 09 19:03:49 <Silvors> `calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 19:03:50 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 3
Sep 09 19:04:08 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+5
Sep 09 19:04:09 <GameServ> 4d3-8+5 = 5
Sep 09 19:04:10 <BobaFettuccine> `calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:04:10 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 9
Sep 09 19:04:37 <gumbal1> > ORDER: MARY, CASTILLE, CITL, FEI, CAMMY
Sep 09 19:04:40 <gumbal1> > MARY
Sep 09 19:04:48 * Silvors has changed the topic to: Runs/Events | ORDER: MARY, CASTILLE, CITL, FEI, CAMMY
Sep 09 19:07:44 <BobaFettuccine> Mary goes all flaming and her glow turns from blue to purple, "Hey! Stop that! Why are you being such a jerk?" She flies down to float protectively above Fei and starts playing her guitar to form a wall of fire between herself and the monster.
Sep 09 19:10:55 * DarcellJermaine (moc.duolccri.notlrahc.741831-sz|042761diu#moc.duolccri.notlrahc.741831-sz|042761diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Sep 09 19:11:53 * SolongStarbird has quit (Quit: *Rides off into the sunset* *Is engulfed by sun*)
Sep 09 19:13:02 <gumbal1> > oh wait there’s no rolling sorry
Sep 09 19:13:07 <gumbal1> > CASTILLE
Sep 09 19:13:29 <gumbal1> Ahhhhhhhhhhfuck. Okay, uh, just gotta think. What's this?
Sep 09 19:13:37 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:13:38 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 6
Sep 09 19:13:45 <gumbal1> …fuck she doesn’t know.
Sep 09 19:13:51 <gumbal1> > CITL
Sep 09 19:15:02 <gumbal1> The thing roars, or at least, that's how it might appear. In all honestly, it sounds like an Aria, moreso than a visceral screech of rage that might've been indicated by its head tearing apart at the seams, before reforming.
Sep 09 19:15:14 <gumbal1> ‘4d3-8+6
Sep 09 19:15:18 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Sep 09 19:15:18 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 8
Sep 09 19:15:25 <gumbal1> > REFLEXES, MARY
Sep 09 19:15:50 <BobaFettuccine> `calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:15:50 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 8
Sep 09 19:17:14 <gumbal1> Mary just barely avoids being bitten by a snake that jumps out of the waters at the thing’s Aria.
Sep 09 19:17:16 <gumbal1> > FEI
Sep 09 19:20:15 <Silvors> Fuck. Fuck. FUCK FUCK. Fei's powers don't play nice with fire because, you know, BUGS ARE FLAMMABLE. Fei was panicking. Really panicking. She started swimming towards the sword, every bug in the nine mile radius going to start swarming into the air above her, well, a few dozen feet above her and AWAY FROM TEH WALL OF FIRE. SHe has her ants, spiders, and beetles carried by bees, wasps, mosquitos, and flies… as she gets
Sep 09 19:20:15 <Silvors> the fuck out of this pond or lake or whatever it is!
Sep 09 19:21:10 <gumbal1> > BUGS HAVE ARRIVED
Sep 09 19:21:16 <gumbal1> > CAMMY
Sep 09 19:21:23 <gumbal1> Cammy's lost in it all, right now.
Sep 09 19:21:26 <gumbal1> > MARY
Sep 09 19:24:35 <BobaFettuccine> Okay, that was /not/ okay. Mary doesn't care anymore, she is pissed, Super pissed. The flames lining her arms and hair shoot up about two feet in height and she flies up away from the water and the thing that's trying to hurt her. She plays a discordant chord on her guitar and a lance of flame shoots towards the thing in the lake.
Sep 09 19:24:53 <BobaFettuccine> ‘calc 4d3-8+10
Sep 09 19:24:53 <GameServ> 4d3-8+10 = 9
Sep 09 19:25:17 <gumbal1> 4d3-8+5
Sep 09 19:25:22 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+5
Sep 09 19:25:22 <GameServ> 4d3-8+5 = 5
Sep 09 19:26:06 <gumbal1> (Is she aiming anywhere in particular?)
Sep 09 19:26:32 <BobaFettuccine> (Probably the head cause she’s up above it in the air some)
Sep 09 19:28:52 <gumbal1> Soft skin+fire=not good. One of the creature's eyes is put out, to which it actually screams, not just sings. (EFFECTS OF ENCHANTMENT DISPELLED)
Sep 09 19:28:58 <gumbal1> > FEI
Sep 09 19:30:13 <Silvors> Fei swore to herself. Fuck. Fuck. This was stupid. Fuck. Annnd then she went to start swimming /towards/ the thing. This thing was big, right? And Fei felt her glasses slipping. Fuck. These were expensive. She was trying to get within 10 feet of it, hit with her telepathy, and then steal control of its body. Because that's a thing Fei can do.
Sep 09 19:32:28 <gumbal1> > roll agility or strength
Sep 09 19:32:39 <Silvors> ‘calc 4d3-8+3
Sep 09 19:32:39 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 1
Sep 09 19:33:06 <gumbal1> You’re about sixty feet away, give or take.
Sep 09 19:33:28 <gumbal1> > Cammy
Sep 09 19:33:44 <gumbal1> OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH GOD OH-
Sep 09 19:33:51 <gumbal1> > Cammy has gone weremeloen
Sep 09 19:33:59 <gumbal1> > MARY
Sep 09 19:36:38 <BobaFettuccine> The anger just keeps building up in Mary, she almost never lets her Anger spirit really cut loose and it was having a ball here, that thing had tried to /kill/ her, that disgusting thing in the lake. How DARE it! She starts playing a harsh, improvised melody, and a whip of fire forms, lashing at the lake monsters face.
Sep 09 19:37:00 <BobaFettuccine> ‘calc 4d3-8+10
Sep 09 19:37:00 <GameServ> 4d3-8+10 = 12
Sep 09 19:38:05 <gumbal1> `calc 4df+7
Sep 09 19:38:05 -ChanServ- Error: You typed an invalid expression.
Sep 09 19:38:10 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:38:10 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 4
Sep 09 19:38:28 <gumbal1> Covering its face does not help it. All it manages is burnt hands.
Sep 09 19:38:34 <gumbal1> > Castille
Sep 09 19:39:27 <gumbal1> So much has happened so fast, Castille almost forgot to act. Well, no matter now. Castille thinks that maybe just a bit of terriforming won’t hurt, especially not in a life or death situation.
Sep 09 19:39:43 <gumbal1> > The lake has become swampy. Movement within is harder.
Sep 09 19:39:46 <gumbal1> > CITL
Sep 09 19:40:47 <gumbal1> > I should mention it's only a bit around the monster.
Sep 09 19:41:36 <gumbal1> This thing is fucking furious right now. Or maybe it's just pained. It's hard to tell when its face isn't really all that human in the first place. Oh well.
Sep 09 19:41:45 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:41:46 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 7
Sep 09 19:41:51 <gumbal1> > AGILITY, MARY
Sep 09 19:42:24 <BobaFettuccine> `calc 4d3-8+7
Sep 09 19:42:24 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 10
Sep 09 19:43:44 <gumbal1> A weird, segmented, wooden(?) tongue shoots out for Mary, but stops short of her by several feet.
Sep 09 19:46:01 <gumbal1> > FEI
Sep 09 19:47:05 <Silvors> Fei is going to keep swimming around and go to send her swarm of writhing, flying insects down. Having wasps and bees sink and inject their poison into the things eyes, her spiders, ants, beetles, and any mites drop off and go to crawl in the things mouth, eyes, any opening that was presented for them to go in and chew on the muscles and organs inside.
Sep 09 19:47:45 <gumbal1> > roll for both
Sep 09 19:48:59 <Silvors> `calc 4d3-8+4
Sep 09 19:48:59 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 2
Sep 09 19:49:02 <Silvors> (That’s the bugs, what else?)
Sep 09 19:49:15 <gumbal1> 4d3-8+0
Sep 09 19:49:20 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+0
Sep 09 19:49:20 <GameServ> 4d3-8+0 = -2
Sep 09 19:49:23 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Sep 09 19:49:23 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 8
Sep 09 19:49:32 <gumbal1> (swimming over)
Sep 09 19:50:47 <Silvors> 4d3-8+3
Sep 09 19:50:58 <Silvors> `calc 4d3-8+3
Sep 09 19:50:58 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 0
Sep 09 19:51:11 <gumbal1> Your attack wasn’t very effective. Luckily for you, its insides are even less effective, and the thing starts seizing up as the insects do their work…though a fair bit of the ones on the inside are killed by the air pressure as it releases one final scream, before falling into the water once more.
Sep 09 19:51:22 <gumbal1> You somehow manage to make negative progress towards the thing
Sep 09 19:51:26 <gumbal1> > COMBAT ENDED
Sep 09 19:51:59 <Silvors> Fei was swearing as she shivered and went to keep swimming away. Fuck. She felt for any surviving bugs to feel and see if the thing was moving around, using her bugs to track it.
Sep 09 19:53:49 <BobaFettuccine> Mary growls, the sound vaguely remeniscent of a bear as she flies back to the shore, she sits cross legged far enough from the others so that the heat from her flames doesn't make them uncomfortable as she tries to calm down.
Sep 09 19:53:55 <gumbal1> It's not moving voluntarily. There's some slight twitches from the pain, but that's it. Meanwhile, following the scream, Cammy transforms and just sort of…drops to a sitting position, trembling somewhat.
Sep 09 19:54:24 <Silvors> Fei keeps swimming. Hopefully she won't make /negative/ progress this time.
Sep 09 19:55:00 <gumbal1> *transforms back to human
Sep 09 19:56:55 <gumbal1> Making it back to the shore/over to the thing is easier now that Fei isn't hampered by fear/a giant monster.
Sep 09 19:57:35 <Silvors> Fei feels no fear! She gets onto the island and goes to curl up and shiver. Sure, it was becoming spring, but it was still cold! And this was still Canada!
Sep 09 19:58:29 <Silvors> *gets onto land
Sep 09 19:58:33 <Silvors> (I didn't mean island >.>)
Sep 09 19:59:15 <gumbal1> Castille looks over to Cammy, worriedly. While she doesn't actually touch the girl (something basically anyone who knows Cammy would realize would be a bad idea), she does make some vague gestures that seem…reassuring?
Sep 09 20:01:44 <BobaFettuccine> Mary starts playing her guitar softly, this time something folksy and calming, after a few minutes her flames start to die down, after about five minutes of playing music they die out completely and Mary's glow returns to blue, though it's somewhat less bright now. She slings her guitar behind her back and asks, "Is everyone okay?" She also pulls out her phone, typing <Are you
Sep 09 20:01:44 <BobaFettuccine> okay? That fall looked bad.> And showing it to Fei
Sep 09 20:02:53 <gumbal1> Cammy…sorta calms down, giving a look back to Mary. Still sitting all curled up, but hey, what can you do?
Sep 09 20:03:11 <Silvors> Fei was heaving. She was pretty sure a rib snapped from the fall… or the hit. Really, she was feeding her feelings of pain out across miles, having every bug feel a bit of pain to alleviate her own damaged body's pain. It made things better, the pain spread out. Fei didn't care, she linked her mind to Mary's and tapped into the girl's hearing, sharing it. "Fucking. Fuck. Rib." Fei spoke, going to lay down on the banks.
Sep 09 20:08:41 <BobaFettuccine> Mary nods and flies down to Fei, "We need to get you to the infirmary." She says, concern filling her voice. To the other two. "You two fine walking back on your own? I need to fly her to the infirmary, I think she has a broken rib."
Sep 09 20:09:21 <Silvors> Fei shakes her head. "I'll survive. It's not poking anything vital." Fei spoke, shaking her head and looking at the girls. "My bugs can siphon a bit of the pain." Or the feeling of it, at least.
Sep 09 20:09:50 <gumbal1> Castille nods, offering a hand to Cammy so she can get up, one that she takes.
Sep 09 20:10:00 <gumbal1> ~RUN ENDED~
Sep 09 20:10:04 <gumbal1> ~2 XP~
Sep 09 20:10:50 <gumbal1> ~$125 EACH AS REWARD MONEY FOR CAPTURING THE ELUSIVE SIREN NYMPH ON CAMERA~
Sep 09 20:11:07 <gumbal1> ~NPC IRREPERABLY BRAIN DAMAGED: JUNA, THE SIREN OF THE NORTH~

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License