Numberphile

01[17:01] <Antichthon> A message over the intercom. "All students who have signed up for the fight against Firewatch operative rank 6, report to the danger room." This would be a surprise to no one on the list; this all had been set up last week.
[17:03] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki smiled to her girlfriends as she started her way to the danger room. "I've been waiting for this…" She put on her jacket as she walked, ensuring all her runes still functioned.
[17:03] <Kadmus> Conn's ready to get his remarkably sturdy self beaten into a paste. He's hoping it won't come to that, but, well, he's seen Firewatch in action, and that was people with double-digit designations. He's not /expecting/ this to be a win, but hope springs eternal. He staggers towards the danger room,
[17:03] <Kadmus> smiling cheerfully.
[17:03] <@Silvors> Cecile grabbed her knife, her Vanilla, and… that was it. She was rushing to be there first, warping space in little strides to hurry as fast as her legs could carry her!
[17:04] <@Kioku> Asami and Akemi let out a breath and link arms with Tsubaki from either side. "Well." "Here's hoping the team can plan…" They walk along with her, already equipped.
[17:05] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir is already ready to go and dressed in his sunday best (read, his fighting gear) He's got runes, he's metal mode, he's got his armor and barrier, and a harpoon in a quiver on his back with a rope attached to it. All the good stuff. There is also, for some reason, a white flower pinned to the lapel of the leather jacket.
[17:05] <UltimixRed> Maya is outright screaming into the mic "Here, live at Fifth Sanctum, boy we got one hell of a match this fine break week. A Firewatch member facing off with a team of the Honor Roll combat students! We have Gungnir, the part time spear! Tsubaki, the Stray Cat! Cecile and Vanilla! Conrad The Pain Eater! And the Twins Asami and Akemi! Versus KINDLE!!!! This
[17:05] <UltimixRed> match is sponsored by Cactus Juice, It's the quenchiest!"
[17:07] <@Kioku> Asami draws a couple kanji on Tsubaki's shoulder blades, while Akemi draws the same on her own legs after pulling up the arachnoweave. Revitalize, naturally. Just a little extra preparation.
[17:07] <@Kioku> \If they give us time to prepare with the team before we face off…01[17:09] <Antichthon> The danger room had been made into a donut shape, a thick cylinder at the center of the room reachihng from floor to ceiling and allowing the ability to break LOS. Along the floor, ceiling, walls, ledges, platforms, sections of grass, sand, snow - it was a patchwork of basically every bit of mundane terrain you could think of. It was almost like this was a text game and players were being encouraged to be creative! It was, however, empty of anyone but the students. A section of dark glass at the top of the central cylinder contained Maya, the announcer, as well as various staff members. A very tired man gave Maya an unimpresed glare. He spoke into his own microphone. "Yeah, uh, bit if a change of plans. For one, apparently this fight is being broadcasted, so everyone say 'hi' to your announcer, Maya. Also Kindle's running late. Apparently an emergency."
[17:10] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki took the time to draw Thicken Skin symbols on Asami and Akemi, wanting to be sure she could activate them readily in a pinch.
[17:11] <@Silvors> Cecile popped a pair of calming pills and breathed out, idly thumbing at her knife and looking over at Vanilla. "W-We're totally going t-to kick his but, R-Right Vanilla?" Vanilla just crossed its arms and nodded.
[17:11] <@Kioku> Akemi stiffens. \Broadcasted? Seriously? Well, time to shine~ But that /is/ really stupid of them… nobody's going to tell what I'm doing probably, but the others?[17:12] <Mokou-cat> The knowledge this was being broadcasted made Tsubaki very uncomfortable. "I guess I'll have to show them my strength some other time, then…"
[17:12] <Kadmus> Conn waves cheerfully to everyone. "I have no abilities that can improve us before the fight. I am ready whenever you are," he says. "Bonne chance!"
[17:14] <BobaFettuccine> "May I draw a magic weapon rune on your knife Cecile?" Gungnir asks the girl, walking up to her.
[17:15] <@Kioku> Asami hums and takes Cecile's shoulder, lifting a tail with ink nearly dripping from the tip. "I'm going to draw on you just a bit. Okay?" Akemi does the same to Conn, so that their voices come out in stereo.
[17:15] <Kadmus> Conn stays still, other than to give Akemi a friendly thumbs-up and a smile.
01[17:16] <Antichthon> Had-Enough-Shit Man put a hand to his ear. "Okay, he's coming. She's coming? it? …The kid's coming. Should be here in five."
[17:16] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki sighs as she rests against a wall with a marker in hand. "Come here if you want me to be able to armor you up in a pinch…"
[17:16] <@Silvors> Cecile blinks a few times before nodding her head and going to offer her knife to Gungnir before her eyes went wide and she shivered at Akemi saying that.
[17:16] <UltimixRed> "Now it may looked lopsided to you viewers at home, lacking the raw supernatural punch Firewatch has. But the students have both tactical prowess, and support from one another. It'll certainly be a nail biter!"
[17:17] <@Silvors> Fear was why she shivered, nothing else.
[17:18] <@Kioku> Asami gently takes Cecile's arm. "I promise this will do nothing but rejuvenate you, okay?" She sketches a kanji on the girl's arm, Akemi opting for Conn's shoulders. Two each.
[17:18] <BobaFettuccine> Gun pricks his thumb and uses the silvery blood to draw a rune on the knife.
[17:19] <Kadmus> Conn waits for Akemi to finish whatever she's doing, then lurches over to Tsubaki to get his armour rune. "I'm pretty tough, but you can always be tougher, tu sais?" He says to her, still smiling.
[17:20] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki's very methodical about putting the runes on her allies. "It's just if I see you need a little more. This is a Firewatch member, after all."
[17:21] <@Kioku> Both of the twins go after Gungnir next, painting his shoulders with ink in the same way. Cecile, that tail probably tickles, but don't worry, it's clearly just black ink.
[17:22] <@Silvors> Cecile looks at the black ink with a bit of disgust and fear before shaking her head and tossing her knife in her hand, stretching it out to a baseball bat and breathing out.
[17:22] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki looks around for where the broadcasting cameras are, having an idea. \I can cover them in a black illusion so I can fight unhindered…03[17:24] * Neon (svg.qkn.9.741|noeN#svg.qkn.9.741|noeN) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[17:27] <@Kioku> "We could probably use a telepathic link," Asami murmurs softly. Both sisters shake the remaining ink off their tails and… oddly enough it all comes off clean.
01[17:28] <Antichthon> Five minutes later, that purple-rimmed lightsaber-sounding portal most of them were familiar with opened. Through it, came a tiny figure familiar to Tsubaki, and seen once by Gungnir. They were between eight and ten; hard to pin down their exact age because they were thin and malnourished, never having enough to eat in their life. Brown skin, a dusty tunic and trousers, and a rather out-of-place looking beige trapper cap, furry flaps left to dangle. Despite the malnutrition and beneath the dirty, they were a beautiful child. All that was fairly human, though. The yellow eyes with black sclera? Not so much. Neither were the enormous ibex horns sprouting from the child's head, almost as large as the child themself. They curled into a perfect circle, t their lowest point just below the child's knees. In one hand the child carried the remains of a cinnamon roll, their face covered in frosting. "Surreh 'm late," They said, mouth full.
[17:29] <@Kioku> Asami blinks, then giggles, getting a feel for his emotional state. \Oh, but this should be fun~! All the more reason to disable those cameras though…[17:30] <Kadmus> Conn gives a friendly wave and a smile. He's going to offer the poor kid some gumbo and hot chocolate after this; it looks like they need it!
[17:30] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki chuckled softly at seeing Kindle eat the cinnamon roll. "Long time no see, Kindle. Good to see you're still doing well." Tsubaki slowly drew her ceramic cooking knife. It was going to be time to fight, and that'd be rough without her blood.
[17:31] <UltimixRed> "And the main star finally arrives, so Jake, can i call you Jake? What are your bets for this match?" Maya asks the too tired for shit man, as they waited for the match to officially start.
[17:31] <@Silvors> Cecile spins her bat and turns it into a gladius, rearing her foot back a tad and getting ready.
[17:31] <BobaFettuccine> Gun remains silent and gets into a fighting stance, readying himself for the fight and focusing.
[17:31] <@Kioku> Akemi bounces on her feet and focuses herself (Psyche for Focus), then activates one of her own Revitalize spells in preparation.
[17:31] <@Silvors> Cecile also runs to be out of the kid's view.
[17:31] <@Silvors> Because not being there for the start is smart!
[17:32] <Kadmus> Conn stands in postion to get to everyone else should the need arise.
[17:32] <BobaFettuccine> As he waits Gun activates his runed power, specifically Eihwaz (+1 brawn/3 rounds)
[17:33] <@Kioku> Asami and Akemi tag each other, walking through each other and forming illusions so that three of each of them walk out.
[17:35] <@Kioku> All six girls tweak their glasses and spread out.
[17:36] <@Kioku> One of the Akemis flickers. Okay yeah, they still aren't up to par on illusions.
[17:37] <@Silvors> Cecile activates her warped space around herself if she can.
[17:38] <@Silvors> r 13
[17:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[17:38] <@Silvors> -1 to attacks on Cecile for 2 rounds (fucking great job Cecile)
01[17:38] <Antichthon> "Ah," T.o.t.S man said to Maya, rubbing his temples. "I really, really don't care." "Hi!" Kindle said to Tsubaki, spewing crumbs. Kindle made no effort to conceal their emotions. They were happy to see Tsubaki, she was useful. Happy to be eating a fun treat. Childishly enthused about the opportunity to torture some fucking kids. Kindle finished the pastry, swallowed. "Oh, are we doing all that 'preparation' stuff? Can I do that too? …No?" They sneered and pouted, kicking the stand they stood over. Oh yeah, their feet? They ended in cloven toes, like hooves.
01[17:39] <Antichthon> "Anyway," Tots said, clearly looking to get this over with, "Start. I guess."
01[17:40] <Antichthon> > INITIATIVE
[17:40] <Kadmus> r 5
[17:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[17:40] <@Kioku> r 12
[17:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[17:40] <Mokou-cat> r 6
[17:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 5 5 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
03[17:41] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Antichthon
[17:41] <@Silvors> r 10
[17:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[17:41] <BobaFettuccine> r 7
[17:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[17:42] <@Antichthon> r 19
[17:42] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
03[17:42] * Retrieving #sunnybrook-fireflies modes…
03[17:42] * Antichthon changes topic to 'Kindle > Akemi > Cecile > Gungnir > Tsubaki > Conn'
[17:43] <UltimixRed> "What's that? I just got news from our sponsors, apparently this recording is for the combatants to learn something or yada yada. Short story, this is super classified. But we're still totally sponsored by Wayne Industries!"
01[17:43] <@Antichthon> "Just try to ignore her, folks."
01[17:44] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[17:45] <@Antichthon> Many of Kindle's desires might be sinister, but their childlike interest was genuine. What cool stuff were these kids going to throw at them? As for what Kindle did, well. The only hint the students would recieve was deep sense of dread.
01[17:45] <@Antichthon> r 17
[17:45] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[17:46] <@Antichthon> +4 to Acuity and Finesse for 5 rounds!
01[17:46] <@Antichthon> > Akemi
[17:47] <@Kioku> The twins take a moment to focus their power inward, becoming much more… well… them-like.
[17:48] <@Kioku> r 17 (Deadly Flirtation for Charisma Boost)
[17:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[17:48] <@Kioku> +2, 2 rounds
01[17:49] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[17:49] <@Silvors> Cecile breaths out and looks at the weak barrier her power created before… going to do that again because holy crap that's an awful Warped Space.
[17:50] <@Silvors> r 13
[17:50] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[17:50] <@Silvors> -3 to attacks on Cecile for 3 rounds. Much better
[17:50] <@Silvors> Minor action is readying a ranged parry.
01[17:50] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
01[17:51] <@Antichthon> Kindle stratched inside their ear, squinting one eye. "I guess we're all just gonna stand here, huh?"
[17:51] <UltimixRed> "My GOD. They're all just standing there, looking menacingly at each other. The sparks are really flying as they all presumably buff themselves forever. At this rate, the first attack will be during the Universe's heat death."
01[17:52] <@Antichthon> Kindle gave a big, innocent smile at the tower where Maya was. "I like her! Why can't I fight her?"
[17:52] <@Silvors> "Or, um, we're all not standing here! W-We're hoving an inch above th-the ground!" Cecile shouted from around the corner!
[17:53] <@Silvors> "Th-Then we'd be floating, not standing!"
[17:53] <UltimixRed> "Sorry for that insensitivity. They're all staying in their relative locations staring at each other!"
[17:53] <BobaFettuccine> Gun, already as buffed as he's going to get, rushes forwards to strike Kindle while she looks up at the tower as he casts magic weapon.
[17:53] <@Kioku> "Standing on air is still standing."
[17:53] <@Silvors> "Nuh uh, not if you're h-hanging in the air!"
[17:53] <BobaFettuccine> r 6 magic weapon
[17:53] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[17:54] <BobaFettuccine> (Spending one hit on ap 10 dam 2ap for one round)
[17:54] <BobaFettuccine> r 20 2 effort
[17:54] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[17:55] <@Antichthon> r 31
[17:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
[17:56] <UltimixRed> "Off like greased lightning, Gungnir is going for a strike that just barely misses! Kindle will certainly be one quick furry menace to these students!"
01[17:56] <@Antichthon> It looked more like a hand plucked Kindle off the ground than a jump, it was so effortless. They easily dodged the strike, landing lightly on a platform amove the sand patch they'd been been standing on. "Oh yeah, you're the spear guy Flame likes, right?" Kindle beamed.
01[17:56] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[17:58] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki's irises glow red as she slashes her legs with her knife, the blood coming out to form the basics of a spear next to her. \One shot… I just have to make one decent hit…\ The symbols on her stomach glow as she twitches. \Just have to survive to make one hit…[17:59] <Mokou-cat> r 8 Thicken Skin
[17:59] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[17:59] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[17:59] <Mokou-cat> +2 armor for 4 rounds
[17:59] <Mokou-cat> (Oi
01[17:59] <@Antichthon> (Oh. right SOrry!)
01[17:59] <@Antichthon> > IGNORE THAT
[18:00] <Mokou-cat> r 15 spend 2 focus, Gae Bolg's First Step against Occult.
[18:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[18:03] <@Antichthon> r 27
[18:03] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[18:04] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[18:04] <Kadmus> Conn stands there and waits patiently, certain he'll be needed in a moment.
[18:04] <Kadmus> Delay action. Done.
[18:04] <UltimixRed> "This wide open space sure gives Kindle a grand advantage by being able to photoshop drag themselves out of danger. But maybe just landing one solid hit will be all it takes to finish them off!"
01[18:05] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[18:07] <@Antichthon> "Hey, are you saying I'm not tough?" Kindle scowled at the glass where Maya was behind, crossing their arms in offense. For their major action, they exploded in purple, eldritch flames. Nothing else seemd to happen, though.
01[18:07] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[18:10] <@Kioku> Asami starts to slowly sway in place, tails flaring out in spectacular fashion as she closes her eyes, looking like she's floating on serene waves. Akemi draws herself up and breathes, then blows a kiss to Kindle, smiling. "I think she's just afraid of how tough you must be, to be where you are." The words are a distraction. Ignore them. Pay attention to the mote of power they're weaving in.
[18:10] <@Kioku> r 19 Deadly Flirtation (for stun/psyche/willdrain)
[18:10] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[18:11] <@Antichthon> r 22 willpower
[18:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
01[18:11] <@Antichthon> "SHUT UP."
01[18:11] <@Antichthon> > Cecile
[18:11] <@Silvors> Cecile wasn't about to go into those purple flames. Those were definitely some kind of hurty hurt thing. Instead, she sent Vanilla charging forward weilding a claymore to attack the child. Sounds really bad out of context. (6d 1ap 3 effort)
[18:11] <@Silvors> r 20
[18:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[18:12] <@Antichthon> Kindle buys 7 successes.
01[18:12] <@Antichthon> r 3
[18:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[18:13] <@Antichthon> A jump across a huge chasm to another platform, avoiding Vanilla.
01[18:13] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
03[18:13] * gumbal1 (t.qhq.03.991|1labmug#t.qhq.03.991|1labmug) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
03[18:13] * ChanServ sets mode: +o gumbal1
[18:14] <Kadmus> Conn will take his delayed turn after Gun acts.
[18:14] <BobaFettuccine> Gun makes the attempt to spear Kindle with his harpoon, less damaging, but it's ranged and attached to him with a rope. Perhaps he could trap her if he spears her with it. Casting magic weapon again, spending one focus on it.
[18:14] <BobaFettuccine> r 7 magic weapon.
[18:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[18:15] <BobaFettuccine> Trading two hits for ap dam 10 ap 3 for 2 rounds.
[18:15] <BobaFettuccine> r 20 2 effort.
[18:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 13 ]
[18:15] <BobaFettuccine> (sorry dam 7 2 ap)
01[18:15] <@Antichthon> r 31 Dodge
[18:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 12 ]
01[18:16] <@Antichthon> Kindle jumps away again, but that harpoon was like lightning!
01[18:16] <@Antichthon> r 9
[18:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[18:16] <@Antichthon> 3 damage!
[18:16] <BobaFettuccine> Important question, does the harpoon spear through her enough for him to tug her to him on his next turn?
01[18:19] <@Antichthon> Kindle flinched at the hit. Despite the general sense of evil about the child, their reaction to being hit was momentarily very relatable, eyes watering slightly. Gungnir now had Kindle's complete attention.
01[18:19] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[18:19] <Mokou-cat> [Conn wants his delayed turn here]
01[18:19] <@Antichthon> >CONN
[18:20] <Kadmus> Conn spends aminor action to gain 3 Effort. Done.
01[18:20] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[18:22] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki looked at her spear, grasping it as she activated her rune to enchant the blood that would finish it. \It's not enough… But I have to try…\ With a leap she hurled the spear, her powers accelerating it greatly the moment it left her hands.
[18:22] <Mokou-cat> r 8 magic weapon
[18:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 5 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[18:22] <Mokou-cat> 1 hit for ap, 3 rounds.
[18:22] <Mokou-cat> r 15 spending 2 focus
[18:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[18:23] <@Antichthon> r 31 Kindle wasn't fucking around anymore.
[18:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 18 ]
01[18:25] <@Antichthon> (Redact damage with harpoon, Kindle is caught instead in a grapple!)
01[18:26] <@Antichthon> (-1 to all physical actions, +1 to all physical actions by Gungnir)
03[18:28] * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:lgzw:vsox:npxy:josm:nkmy) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
01[18:28] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[18:28] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 1 HP, putting him back to 16/16. He has regenerated 1/6 HP this minute, 1/32 this day.
[18:28] <Kadmus> Conn delays his action. The next one's going to /suck/, he can feel it in his bones.
[18:28] <UltimixRed> "
I'm not distracting, i'm evening the playing field with moral support! But now the twins create some sort of mental thing, and Vanilla smashes with a claymore. My type of weapon! Wow it seems these students are just thwacking away at the donut of a demon without rhyme or reason. But what's this, our favorite part time spear lands the first hit! Does he
[18:28] <UltimixRed> have them on the ropes?!"
01[18:28] <@Antichthon> While Gun effortlessly pulled the whisp of a child towards him into melee range.
01[18:29] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[18:30] <@Antichthon> As a minor action, Kindle rolls movement in an escape attempt.
01[18:30] <@Antichthon> r 30
[18:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 30 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 19 ]
[18:30] <BobaFettuccine> She gets away.
01[18:32] <@Antichthon> Kindle, meanwhile, used the momentum from the grapple to their advantage. They turned into a whirling ball of horns, looking way too much like a purple-flamed sonic. The ball shot out like a cannon at Gungnir, at at the last moment, the flames tuned green, and instead of a small child Gungnir was facing the menacing teeth of a giant Ibex. A giant carnivorous ibex.
01[18:33] <@Antichthon> r 22 Bite (8d 0ap)
[18:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 12 ]
[18:33] <@Silvors> Vanilla's all up in Kindle's face, so it Ranged Parries!
[18:33] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[18:33] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[18:33] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[18:33] <@Silvors> That was an after image! It Ranged parries again with Cecile's free action!
[18:34] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[18:34] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:34] <Kadmus> Conn will take his turn after Kindle finishes theirs.
[18:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[18:34] <@Silvors> Fails again. Because Vanilla is worthless.
01[18:36] <@Antichthon> Since Gungnir made Kindle spend their minor action, after their attack, the ibex's flames go out!
[18:36] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir attempts a parry of his own, with two effort!
[18:37] <BobaFettuccine> Strike that, he tanks it! Also two effort.
[18:37] <BobaFettuccine> r 13
[18:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[18:37] <@Antichthon> 8 damage!
01[18:37] <@Antichthon> Gungnir > 5 HP
01[18:38] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[18:38] <Kadmus> Conn staggers up to heal Gun! He lays his hands on him and transfers…
[18:38] <Kadmus> r 9
[18:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 6 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[18:39] <Kadmus> 3 HP of damage to himself. He spends 1 Effort to double his regeneration for …
[18:39] <Kadmus> r 6
[18:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[18:39] <@Antichthon> Gungnir > 8 HP
[18:39] <Kadmus> 1 round
[18:39] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 15/16. He has regenerated 3/12 HP this minute, 3/32 this day. 0 Rounds of doubled regen remaining. Done.
[18:39] <@Kioku> The twins use their minor action from their most recent turn to trigger a Revitalize rune on Conn.
[18:40] <@Kioku> Since he gained effort earlier
[18:40] <@Kioku> (Conn gains 1 Effort and 1 Health)
01[18:40] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[18:40] <@Kioku> "Ignoring us?" "We can't have that~" The twins press with their power, really wanting to captivate Kindle at least for a moment. Or at least make them blush.
[18:40] <@Kioku> r 23 Deadly Flirtation, 4 Focus
[18:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[18:41] <@Antichthon> r 22 willpower
[18:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[18:41] <@Kioku> Charisma boost runs out.
01[18:41] <@Antichthon> Akemi earned a snort from the unholy Ibex.
01[18:41] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[18:42] <@Silvors> Same as last time. Swing batter, batter with your claymore. No… A giant club! And hope to not get dodged. (6d 1ap 1effort)
[18:42] <@Silvors> Oh and minor action magical weapon
[18:42] <@Silvors> r 6
[18:42] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[18:43] <@Silvors> 7d 1ap for 1 round
[18:43] <@Silvors> r 18
[18:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[18:43] <@Antichthon> Oh, also, Gungnir would begin to glow with those eerie purple flames. They didn't seem to do anything to them, though.
01[18:43] <@Antichthon> r 31 dodge
[18:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
01[18:43] <@Antichthon> No dice.
01[18:44] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[18:45] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir growls quietly, the metallic sound ringing out through the arena. He runs up to the demonic girl and tries to lock her into a grapple again, it seems to have worked last time. Minor action to regain 3 effort. no hp loss due to spell. Effort total 4
[18:45] <@Kioku> Minor: Trigger Revitalize rune, Gungnir (+1 Health, Effort, Focus
[18:46] <BobaFettuccine> r 20 2 effort (+1 Brawn and Magic weapon run out at end of turn)
[18:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[18:46] <@Antichthon> r 31 The unholy ibex dodges with the grace of an anomalous mountain goat.
[18:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 15 ]
01[18:47] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[18:49] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki feels her head ache a bit as she attempts to create a new spear, her focus entirely on the Ibex. (Minor Action to trade Psyche for 3 Focus)
[18:49] <Mokou-cat> r 13 Gae Bolg, First Step
[18:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[18:50] <@Antichthon> Tsubaki Psyche > 10?
[18:50] <Mokou-cat> (Yup)
01[18:50] <@Antichthon> r 27 Occult Knowledge
[18:50] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
01[18:50] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[18:51] <Kadmus> Conn still needs to finish patching up Gun, so he lays on hands again and transfers…
[18:51] <Kadmus> r 9
[18:51] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[18:51] <Kadmus> 3 HP of damage to himself. He spends 1 Effort to double his regeneration for …
[18:51] <Kadmus> r 6
[18:51] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 4 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[18:51] <Kadmus> 3 rounds
[18:51] <UltimixRed> "Now things are HEATING UP! The cream puff goes for a spin dash, but a diving save from Vanilla and Cecile, which fails. finally, what looks like a solid hit on Gungnir. But Conrad eats that pain like it's the chocolate Kindle loves so much! Akemi has met their match, no attention for this diva! Nother swing and a miss, maybe like casey third time's the
[18:51] <UltimixRed> charm?
"
[18:52] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 15/16. He has regenerated 5/12 HP this minute, 5/32 this day. 2 rounds of doubled regen remaining. Done.
01[18:52] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[18:54] <@Antichthon> Well, Kindle might look like a child and act like a child, but they were not a child. Live a couple hundred years, you learn rule 1 of fights like this: Take out the healer. Kindle turned back into the sonic ball and flew past Conn. In their wake, a barrage of darts, aimed at Conn's eyes.
01[18:54] <@Antichthon> r 22 (7d 0ap) Darts, Precision attack!
[18:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[18:55] <@Silvors> Vanilla does that thing where she moves in front of the attack. You know the ranged parry thing.
02[18:55] * Karaoke (Karaoke@2602:304:b01d:ywyh:vxjo:yjiy:srhh:qklg) Quit (Quit: Leaving)
[18:55] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[18:55] <@Silvors> r 17
[18:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[18:55] <@Antichthon> Ranged Parry Successful!
01[18:55] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[18:55] <@Kioku> \We need to be the best we can be…\ \There's no room for mistakes…[18:55] <@Kioku> r 19 Deadly Flirtation, Charisma Boost
[18:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[18:56] <@Antichthon> r 22 willpower
[18:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
01[18:56] <@Antichthon> (er sorry)
01[18:56] <@Antichthon> (misread that)
[18:56] <@Kioku> +3, 2 rounds
01[18:57] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[18:59] <@Silvors> Vanilla tossed the blade down and Cecile ran forward to catch it, swinging the club and whammying him! Or that was the plan anyways. (And sacrificing 1hp for 3effort) (6d 1ap 3effort)
[18:59] <@Silvors> r 20
[18:59] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[18:59] <@Antichthon> Cecile > 8 HP
01[19:00] <@Antichthon> Kindle buys the dodge!
01[19:00] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[19:01] <BobaFettuccine> Now Gun's just getting annoyed, he uses his minor action to spend 1hp on 3 more effort. effort total 5 hp10. He then tries to smash his spear through Kindle's face. Really hard.
[19:02] <BobaFettuccine> r 22 4 effort.
[19:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[19:02] <@Antichthon> Unfortunately he was against one of the top dodgers in all of sanctum.
01[19:02] <@Antichthon> Kindle buys the successes to dodge.
01[19:02] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[19:03] <@Kioku> Minor action: Revitalize Cecile (+1 Health, Effort, Focus)
01[19:04] <@Antichthon> (Everyone please keep track of your own HP, psyche and potentia! My sick little brain isn't up to the task)
[19:04] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki softly chuckled as she threw the spear. She knew she was out of her league, but still something drove her to keep trying!
[19:05] <Mokou-cat> r 16 spend 3 Focus to attack, Minor action to trade 1 psyche for 3 more Focus.
[19:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[19:05] <@Antichthon> More bought Dodges.
01[19:05] <@Antichthon> r 3
[19:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[19:05] <@Antichthon> A good try from Tsubaki, but a miss.
01[19:06] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[19:06] <Kadmus> Conn's going to top Gun off. He takes…
[19:06] <Kadmus> r 9
[19:06] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 4 4 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[19:07] <Kadmus> 2 HP away from him. Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 15/16. He has regenerated 7/12 HP this minute, 7/32 this day. 1 rounds of doubled regen remaining. Done.
[19:07] <UltimixRed> "Kindle seems to be losing their momentum. This is our student's best chance to pounce like a hungry freshman! Ah..and Cecile misses the third swing. Better find their retailer for a refund. I'm running out of new things to say as Kindle more or less hops around like a suped up mountain goat."
01[19:08] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[19:09] <@Antichthon> As if this wasn't sonic enough, Kindle was now up on the curved wall of the donut-shaped danger room, like a stunt car in one of those balls. Darts shot at Conn from every direction at once, aiming for eyes, joints, every weak point on his supertough body!
01[19:09] <@Antichthon> r 27 Darts, 5 effort, (7d 0ap), Precision attack!
[19:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[19:09] <@Silvors> Vanilla does her thang.
[19:09] <@Silvors> (God, I said thang someone kill me please)
[19:09] <@Silvors> r 17
[19:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[19:10] <@Antichthon> Vanilla fails her thang.
[19:10] <UltimixRed> (kindle is trying!)
[19:10] <Kadmus> (mundane damage, Anti?)
01[19:10] <@Antichthon> (Mundane)
[19:10] <Kadmus> r 15
[19:10] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[19:11] <Kadmus> and Conn deletes 6 successes thanks to Toughness.
01[19:11] <@Antichthon> 2 damage!
01[19:12] <@Antichthon> (Reroll, only 6 armor)
[19:12] <Kadmus> r 6
[19:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[19:12] <@Antichthon> 5 damage!
01[19:13] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[19:13] <@Kioku> Notice me, senpai. Well. Tsubaki's sensei more like. But that's enough reason to try to earn notice.
[19:13] <@Kioku> r 25 Deadly Flirtation, 5 Focus
[19:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 25 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
01[19:13] <@Antichthon> WAit
01[19:13] <@Antichthon> (Sorry)
01[19:13] <@Antichthon> (9 successes, Conn only has 6 toughness.)
01[19:14] <@Antichthon> 8 Damage to Conn!
01[19:15] <@Antichthon> r 27, 5 focus willpower
01[19:15] <@Antichthon> r 27
[19:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[19:15] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[19:15] <@Kioku> (1 psyche damage, -1 future willpower, -1 action)
01[19:15] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[19:15] <@Silvors> Cecile snags 3 more potentia (9hp -> 8hp) and then goes /all. out./ (6d 1ap 4 effort)
[19:15] <@Silvors> yee 21d6
[19:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ]
03[19:15] * BobaMobile (BobaMobile@2600:100f:b009:vumh:lolj:okov:zywj:xsxk) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
01[19:16] <@Antichthon> Nope, bought the successes.
[19:16] <@Kioku> Minor: Psyche to Focus
01[19:16] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[19:21] <BobaFettuccine> Gun's seriously pissed off now, and he's made some progress since he and flame last met, but not enough. He starts to go berserk as he sometimes does, spending one more hp 11/13 on effort putting him at 4 and immediately spending it in on his attack against Kindle.
[19:21] <BobaFettuccine> r 22 come on man.
[19:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[19:22] <@Antichthon> At this rate, Gungnir was going to pop a blood vessel. He didn't even have those! Successes bought.
01[19:22] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[19:23] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki growled as she began to form a third spear. This was taxing on her brain, trying to land just a single hit. \This is how it goes, though…[19:24] <Mokou-cat> r 13 First Step
[19:24] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[19:24] <Mokou-cat> Minor to gain more Focus
01[19:24] <@Antichthon> This was quickly turning into target practice, and so far only Gungnir has won a rubber ducky. Dodges bought.
01[19:24] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[19:25] <Kadmus> Conn is apparently full of knives and bleeding profusely. Good thing he can't feel pain!
[19:25] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 9/16. He has regenerated 9/12 HP this minute, 9/32 this day. 0 rounds of doubled regen remaining.
[19:25] <Kadmus> He spends 1 effort to gain doubled regen for…
[19:25] <Kadmus> r 6
[19:25] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 4 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[19:25] <Kadmus> 0 rounds.
[19:25] <Kadmus> Done.
01[19:26] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
[19:26] <UltimixRed> "Kindle is rolling around at the speed of sound! And throwing out darts at Conn, who looks almost like he's hurt. And for once, Akemi's words land on furry ears, how sugoi kawaii desu desu." The distinct sound of retching is heard after that phrase. "Are the students finding themselves in dire straits? Their tickets punched? Popcorn popped?"
01[19:26] <@Antichthon> Kindle has no major action this turn.
01[19:26] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[19:28] <@Kioku> Now that they finally has their attention, the twins want to keep it.
[19:29] <@Kioku> r 22 Deadly Flirtation 2 Focus
[19:29] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[19:29] <@Antichthon> Kindle spends 2 focus, bringing their focus pool down to 1, and buys 5 successes.
01[19:29] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
01[19:30] <@Antichthon> Evermind, Kindle spends 3 focus, no more focus pool!
[19:31] <@Silvors> Cecile grins from ear to ear as she grabs her greatsword with two hands, breaths out, pops a regen potion, (8hp->9hp) Snags an effort (9hp->8hp) then goes to attack a child! Yay! err
[19:31] <@Silvors> r 20
[19:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[19:31] <@Antichthon> Kindle's buff might have warn out, but they still have enough dodge to buy successes for that!
01[19:31] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
03[19:32] * SpookyBee is now known as CarBee
[19:33] <BobaFettuccine> Gun once again frustratedly strikes at Kindle, spending one hp on effort 10/13 effort 3 and using all of that effort on an attack.
[19:33] <BobaFettuccine> r 21
[19:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[19:34] <@Antichthon> Kindle buys 6 successes.
01[19:34] <@Antichthon> r 3
[19:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
01[19:34] <@Antichthon> Gugnir clips them, but no damge!
01[19:34] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
02[19:34] * BobaFettuccine (moc.wzvym.219-779-35-bus.429|cutteFaboB#moc.wzvym.219-779-35-bus.429|cutteFaboB) Quit (Quit: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
[19:35] <@Kioku> Asake minor action: Revitalize Self (2/2 used)
[19:36] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki tapped her rune and let out a roar as she threw the third spear, putting her all into it after finishing it off with the more enchanted blood.
[19:36] <Mokou-cat> r 8 Magic Weapon
[19:36] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[19:36] <Mokou-cat> 1 hit for AP, 4 rounds
[19:36] <Mokou-cat> r 16 spend 3 focus
[19:36] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[19:36] <@Antichthon> Six successes bought.
01[19:36] <@Antichthon> r 3
[19:36] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[19:36] <@Antichthon> Complete miss!
01[19:37] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[19:38] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 1 HP, putting him back to 10/16. He has regenerated 10/12 HP this minute, 10/32 this day. 0 rounds of doubled regen remaining. He spends 1 Effort to get…
[19:38] <Kadmus> r 6
[19:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[19:38] <Kadmus> 2 rounds of doubled regen.
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> Minor acton for 3 effort, bringing Kindle's effort pool to 6
[19:38] <Kadmus> He's still bleeding pretty badly, but some of the knives have fallen out.
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> Major action, rebuff!
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> r 17
[19:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> +4 acuity and Finesse for 6 rounds!
[19:38] <UltimixRed> "Wow, all these attacks just barely missing while Kindle dances much like one of those wire guys in a martial arts flick. Bombing the entire area with high explosives would probably be the fastest way to end this."
01[19:38] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[19:40] <@Kioku> Akemi scowls, and Asami finally opens her eyes. Focusing again like it was nothing. How insulting. \We need to be better…[19:40] <@Kioku> r 19 DF for Cha boost
[19:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[19:40] <@Kioku> (+4, 2 rounds)
01[19:40] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[19:41] <@Kioku> Minor action: Revitalize Tsubaki (+1 Psyche, Effort, Focus)
[19:42] <@Silvors> Cecile thought and tried to figure out what to do. She recasts Warped Space on herself and that's all, folks.
[19:42] <@Silvors> r 13
[19:42] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[19:42] <@Silvors> -2 to attacks on Cecile for 2 rounds.
01[19:42] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[19:45] <BobaMobile> Gun once more attacks , no effort this time because that's obviously not working. Minor action magic weapon.
[19:45] <BobaMobile> r 6
[19:45] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaMobile: [ 6 5 5 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[19:45] <@Antichthon> r 28
[19:45] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 28 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[19:46] <BobaMobile> 1 success to ap dam 10 ap 2 3 rounds
[19:46] <BobaMobile> r 17
[19:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaMobile: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
01[19:46] <@Antichthon> The purple flames left by Kindles first attack on Gungnir brighten. Instead of +1 damage and 1 AP for 3 rounds, his attack loses 1 damage and 1 ap, turning it into (8d 0ap) for two rounds!
01[19:47] <@Antichthon> r 31
[19:47] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 14 ]
01[19:47] <@Antichthon> Miss!
01[19:47] <@Antichthon> > Tsubaki
[19:48] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki crouches down as she forms a new spear, setting Kindle as the target, buying more Focus with her minor action.
[19:48] <Mokou-cat> r 13
[19:48] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[19:49] <@Antichthon> This whole place was getting full of spears and darts! Wait, no, Tsubaki was probably recycling them. Kindle was retrieving darts too, as they rolled over them. Bought the dodges, too.
[19:49] <Mokou-cat> (Kindle just buys the successes)
01[19:49] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[19:54] <Kadmus> Conn's regeneration slows, and finally stops. He's still holey and bleeding, as more knives clatter to the floor, but he's still standing. He studies Kindle and tries to figure out if his anatomy has any weak points.
[19:54] <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, putting him back to 12/16. He has regenerated 12/12 HP this minute, 12/32 this day. 1 rounds of doubled regen remaining.
[19:54] <Kadmus> r 9
[19:54] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[19:55] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
[19:55] <UltimixRed> "Jake, probably should go order some snacks for the combatants when they're done. Ice cold drinks too. they'll probably be way too worked up for coffee or tea. Kay thanks~"
01[19:56] <@Antichthon> 5 effort towards Kindle's next volley on Conn, reducing effort pool to 1. Why Conn? Because someone needs to go to bed.
01[19:56] <@Antichthon> r 27 darts (7d 0ap) Precision attack
[19:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[19:57] <Kadmus> r 6
[19:57] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[19:57] <Kadmus> Flat 6 success reduction.
01[19:58] <@Antichthon> 9 damage!
01[19:58] <@Antichthon> >AKEMI
[19:58] <Kadmus> Conn: 3/16 HP
[19:58] <@Kioku> \Just gotta wear them down… keep them out long enough… Conn's looking pretty bad…[19:58] <@Kioku> r 25 Deadly Flirtation, 4 Focus
[19:58] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 25 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[19:59] <Kadmus> Conn staggers backwards as the knives impact him, severing arteries and popping one of his eyes. It's very annoying.
01[19:59] <@Antichthon> r 22 Uh Oh.
[19:59] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[19:59] <@Antichthon> Lucky roll, Kindle.
01[19:59] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[19:59] <@Kioku> (Isn't he down to 21, not 22?)
01[20:00] <@Antichthon> (You are correct.)
01[20:00] <@Antichthon> r 21
[20:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
01[20:00] <@Antichthon> Goddamnit, Kindle.
[20:00] <@Silvors> Cecile just sighs as she goes to spin her greatsword and do some super cool spinning downward jump slashing attack that's totally cool and awesome. She also snags some Effort (9->8) then heals that up (8->9) (2 rounds of regen potion remaining!)
03[20:00] * BobaFettuccine (ten.tsacmoc.aw.7dsh.375-97-301-17-k|cutteFaboB#ten.tsacmoc.aw.7dsh.375-97-301-17-k|cutteFaboB) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[20:00] <@Silvors> 6d 1ap 3 effort
[20:00] <@Silvors> r 20
[20:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[20:00] <@Antichthon> Successes bought
01[20:00] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
02[20:01] * BobaMobile (BobaMobile@2600:100f:b009:vumh:lolj:okov:zywj:xsxk) Quit (Quit: Bye)
[20:01] <BobaFettuccine> Gun, lacking much else to do, does his job, spending 1 hp on effort and using the effort to attack 9/13 3 effort
[20:02] <BobaFettuccine> r 21
[20:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[20:02] <@Kioku> Minor action: Revitalize Gungnir (+1 Health, Effort, Focus)
01[20:03] <@Antichthon> It was clear what Kindle's fighting strategy is when they were alone: Tire out the opponents. Successses bought.
01[20:04] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[20:04] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki threw her spear completely laden with her enchanted blood. \Hold fucking still![20:05] <Mokou-cat> r 16 spending 3 focus, minor buys more up.
[20:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[20:05] <@Antichthon> Nope. No holding still. Kindle reversed on a dime, easily avoiding the spear.
01[20:05] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[20:07] <Kadmus> Conn pulls the knife out of his eye and drops it to the floor, still watching Kindle and standing resolute. Any clues. Any clues at all?
[20:07] <Kadmus> r 9
[20:07] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 5 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[20:07] <Kadmus> There are no clues.
[20:08] <UltimixRed> "Is it legal to change the room to have timed bombs for the students to speed this up? No? Damn."
01[20:11] <@Antichthon> Tots was sleeping.
01[20:11] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[20:16] <@Antichthon> For the first time, Kindle breaks out the volley. 13 dice on an attack on Conn, 13 dice on Gun!
01[20:16] <@Antichthon> r 13 (9d 0ap)
[20:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[20:16] <@Antichthon> r 13 (9d 0ap)
[20:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[20:16] <@Antichthon> (First is Conn)
[20:16] <Kadmus> r 15
[20:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[20:16] <Kadmus> and soaks 6 successes.
01[20:16] <@Antichthon> 4 damage!
[20:17] <BobaFettuccine> Gun attempts to dodge! r 15
[20:17] <BobaFettuccine> r 15
[20:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[20:17] <@Antichthon> Success!
[20:18] <Kadmus> Conn slumps where he stands, then shakes off the temporary bout of unconsciousness with sheer willpower.
[20:18] <Kadmus> Conn's But It Refused activates; he's left at 1HP and takes 4 Psyche damage.
01[20:18] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[20:19] <@Kioku> Minor Action: Psyche to Focus
[20:19] <@Kioku> Why does he? She? Have to make this difficult? Does the arena have some luck alteration field, or does someone really have the ability to be this fast, and this willful, at the same time? There must be /some/ weakness… there always is…
[20:19] <@Kioku> r 24 Deadly Flirtation, 3 Focus
[20:19] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 24 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
01[20:20] <@Antichthon> r 22 willpower
[20:20] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[20:20] <@Antichthon> Actually 21, but we'll keep this roll since it's still a failure!
[20:21] <@Kioku> -1 Psyche, Willpower, Action
01[20:21] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[20:21] <@Kioku> - Charisma boost runs out
[20:21] <@Silvors> Cecile takes a deep breath, holding her spear and switching it back to a gladius before looking over it. Her eyes looked at it and then to Kindle. Her goal wasn't to win any more. It wasn't victory. It was simple, she just wanted to land a /fucking hit/. SHe spun the sword in her hand, pointing it at him like a baseball player calling their shot, and grabbed some effort, regenning the spent HP (1 round of regen potion
[20:21] <@Silvors> remaining!) and breathed out. She had a plan now. She had a goal. The girl pointed her smaller blade and then chewed her bottom lip. Outlasting so that she could at least tag Kindle and brag to Smoke and Hellfire and Jie about that in the emails that the latter two hardly ever replied to. She grit her teeth, muttered some words, and lunged. (5d 3 effort)
[20:21] <@Silvors> r 21
[20:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[20:22] <@Antichthon> Uh, Cecile, I think you're letting your emotions get to you.
01[20:22] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[20:24] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir's getting real tired of missing every gosh darn time he tries to attack. But really there's no other options for him here. Minor action for effort 9/13hp 4 effort then attack.
[20:24] <BobaFettuccine> r 22
[20:24] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
01[20:24] <@Antichthon> r 31 dodge
[20:24] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 31 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 13 ]
01[20:25] <@Antichthon> Miss! Kindle was rolling around the donut like it was a full pipe now.
01[20:25] <@Antichthon> > Tsubaki
[20:27] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki created another spear while using her minor action to Revitalize herself. \Eventually Kindle will slow down a bit. I can strike then…\ (1 Psyche, Effort and Focus)
[20:27] <Mokou-cat> r 13
[20:27] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[20:28] <@Antichthon> "Don't feel bad, Tsubaki." Kindle bought successes and zoomed by. "One day you'll be worth my time." To many, that would be an insult. If anyone knew better though, it would be Tsubaki.
01[20:29] <@Antichthon> > CONN
03[20:29] * CarBee is now known as SpookyBee
[20:30] <Kadmus> Conn is more mincemeat than man at this point; there are knives in every major artery, three in his popped eye, one in his throat, and seven in his chest. Every breath he takes sprays a mist of blood into the air, and he's swaying on his feet, but he's still standing. "Ah, is that the best you can do?"
[20:30] <Kadmus> He manages to gurgle, still smiling.
[20:31] <Kadmus> Done.
[20:31] <UltimixRed> "Alright so 40 seconds of near misses and all the students might instead die of high blood pressure before Kindle attacks again. So much salt, though it will make their after battle snacks all the tastier. Step on it Jake!"
01[20:31] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[20:32] <@Antichthon> For Kindle's minor action, they jumped out of ball mode and onto a conveniently placed Hopscotch Court. "Hop, Hop, Hoppity Hop." Well, that was dealt with. Back to ball form!
01[20:32] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[20:32] <@Kioku> \No… it's slipping again! Got to keep focused…[20:32] <@Kioku> r 17 Charisma boost
[20:32] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[20:33] <@Kioku> +2, 1 round
01[20:33] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[20:34] <@Silvors> Cecile just sighs and gives a halfhearted swing. Gets the last round of her potion to use free effort though, so that's nice… probably. (5d 3e)
[20:34] <@Silvors> r 21
[20:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[20:35] <@Antichthon> Poor Cecile was so discouraged. Kindle bought the successes and rolled around her, spitting raspberries.
01[20:35] <@Antichthon> Not the fruit, Cecile
01[20:35] <@Antichthon> > Gungnir
[20:37] <BobaFettuccine> Heck, why not, regular attacking wasn't working, how about trying to snag one of Kindle's horns as they roll by to pull them into a grapple. Activating the magic weapon rune on Cecile's weapon as minor action.
[20:37] <BobaFettuccine> r 6
[20:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 4 4 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[20:37] <BobaFettuccine> +1 dam for 2 rounds
[20:38] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[20:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[20:38] <@Antichthon> Kindle buys 7 successes.
01[20:38] <@Antichthon> r 3
[20:38] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[20:39] <@Antichthon> Narrowly avoiding Gun! Kindle came out of the ball long enough to glare angerly at him, flaps of their cute trapper hat flapping. "Watch the fucking horns or I'll make sure you suffer."
[20:39] <UltimixRed> "So….how is everyone doing tonight? Do you have any plans after this? Perhaps a visit to the school therapist. Ice cream? Punching a body pillow with Kindle's face on it for an hour?"
01[20:39] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
01[20:40] <@Antichthon> Tots, still pretending to be asleep, raised a hand. "
Do they sell those with students on them?"
[20:41] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki hurled her spear, drawing further from the wellsprings of her soul to propel the blood weapon.
[20:41] <Mokou-cat> r 16 spend 3 focus, minor to get more.
[20:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[20:42] <@Antichthon> Successes bought. "You people are boring me!"
01[20:42] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[20:46] <UltimixRed> "
Tell me about it! Do you know how much I had to beg Ember to let me watch this?!"
[20:46] <Kadmus> Conn's standing there, rattling and bleeding, and an idea comes to him. He turns to Cecile, and says, "Remember the Thing." He holds out his arms to provide a step so he can boost her into her next attack.
[20:47] <@Silvors> Cecile nods her head. She remembered it. "I-I don't see a S-Silo nearby…" Oh! The other thing!
[20:47] <Kadmus> (roll fitness + brawn, or wait until Cecile's turn?)
01[20:47] <@Antichthon> (Go ahead and wait)
01[20:48] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[20:49] <@Antichthon> Kindle wasn't stupid. About as far from it as you can get, actually. It was clear Cecile and Conn were planning an attack. Kindle wasn't going to allow that.
01[20:49] <@Antichthon> r 23 darts 1 effort (9d 0ap) Precision attack on Cecile!
[20:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[20:49] <@Silvors> Vanilla Ranged Parry
[20:49] <@Silvors> r 17
[20:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[20:49] <@Silvors> r 17
[20:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[20:49] <@Antichthon> Failsure!
[20:49] <@Silvors> Cecile dodge!
01[20:49] <@Antichthon> …Failure!
[20:49] <@Silvors> r 21
[20:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[20:51] <@Silvors> r 9
[20:51] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[20:51] <@Antichthon> 12 damage!
01[20:51] <@Antichthon> Can you say, dart in each eye?
[20:52] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki realizes that all of this trying to hit Kindle herself isn't going to get her anywhere. "Gungnir, I'm going to lend you a weapon that can end this if it hits! All you have to do is give me a moment to form it!
01[20:52] <@Antichthon> "I'm getting bored," Kindle whined. "So I'm just going to kill you all."
01[20:52] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[20:52] <Kadmus> Conn just stares at Cecile with his one working eye, shocked into silence and stillness.
[20:53] <@Kioku> "Tsubaki? Don't exhaust yourself…" Akemi glances over, a little pained just seeing what she's putting herself through, before trying to 'catch' Kindle's focus one more time. \Don't you dare call us boring…[20:53] <@Kioku> r 22 Deadly Flirtation, Focus 3
[20:53] <@Kioku> Minor, Psyche to Focus.
[20:53] <@Kioku> Charisma boost runs out.
[20:53] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
[20:54] <UltimixRed> "
Any damage to the student's mental health will be subtracted from your snack fund Kindle!"
01[20:55] <@Antichthon> r 20
[20:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[20:56] <@Kioku> -1 Psyche, Willpower, Action (Aaand that's the last time she can use that on them)
01[20:56] <@Antichthon> Kindle came to a rest, wobbling unsteadily on one leg. "….I really hate that slutty fox."
01[20:56] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[20:56] <@Silvors> r 10 passive regen
[20:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[20:56] <@Silvors> 1 hp heals over three rounds, how does that work?
01[20:58] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[21:00] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir decides that just trying to hit here hasn't been working, so he decides that maybe he should try the one other thing that he can do and see if that works. He attempts to funnel all of the air in the room into one very small orb that is, most importantly, not anywhere near Kindle, basically depriving kindle of oxygen. He leaves small pockets of air for Conn and Cecile,
[21:00] <BobaFettuccine> because he knows that they need to breathe.
[21:01] <BobaFettuccine> r 7 1 focus
[21:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 5 5 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[21:02] <BobaFettuccine> *also leaves air for Tsubaki
01[21:02] <@Antichthon> The air was starting to thin, but it would take more successes than that to get rid of all the air. Kindle was unaffected.
01[21:02] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI
[21:06] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki took a deep breath as she saw her suggestion was ignored. \I guess there'd be no reason to wait… He doesn't know enough to figure it'd matter…\ She quietly formed a new spear. \Just have to hope for a miracle…[21:06] <Mokou-cat> r 13
[21:06] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[21:07] <@Antichthon> "I don't understand." Kindle stepped aside from the spear, scratched their head quizzically. their voice was tinny from the thinned air. "Is teamwork like, not something that's allowed here? I thought you kids were supposed to be smart."
01[21:08] <@Antichthon> > CONN
[21:08] <Kadmus> Conn knows this will kill him. He doesn't hesitate for a second, though; he might know in his head that it's all fixable, that it won't stick, but it doesn't help his heart. He pulls the knives from Cecile's eyes, rests a hand on her forehead, and pulls the injuries he can from her.
[21:08] <Kadmus> r 9
[21:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[21:08] <Kadmus> He smiles as he topples over onto his side, heart no longer beating, lungs no longer working.
[21:09] <UltimixRed> "
It was an honor seeing you get shot a lot Conrad, Godspeed you crazy motherfucker." Maya salutes…not that anyone was really watching.
[21:09] <Kadmus> That's one dead teenager, alright.
01[21:09] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
03[21:10] * Kadmus is now known as Kad|sleep
01[21:10] <@Antichthon> Kindle beamed. "Oh, cool, you guys can bring each other back to life?" Kindle spun towards Cecile so quickly they seemed to move right through her. In fact, Kindle was faster than the darts they threw. Somehow. I don't htink physics works like that. Minor action for 3 Effort.
01[21:11] <@Antichthon> r 25 3 effort (9d 0ap) Precision attack on Cecile!
[21:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 25 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[21:11] <@Silvors> Vanilla Parry!
[21:11] <@Silvors> r 17
[21:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[21:11] <@Silvors> not even once
[21:11] <@Kioku> (But… he's stunned…)
01[21:11] <@Antichthon> (Oh
01[21:11] <@Antichthon> )
01[21:11] <@Antichthon> (redact!)
01[21:12] <@Antichthon> Kindle just zooms right by, darts harmlessly missing. Seems their aim was off.
01[21:12] <@Antichthon> Stupid foxslut.
01[21:12] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[21:12] <@Kioku> (Wait what?)
01[21:12] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
01[21:12] <@Antichthon> > FORGIVE ME IM SICK
[21:13] <@Kioku> Akemi lets out a long breath, Asami vanishes, and the kitsune tries to focus herself one more time.
[21:13] <@Kioku> r 19 Charisma Up
[21:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[21:13] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[21:14] <@Kioku> +3 for 1
[21:14] <@Silvors> Cecile had all that time in the afterlife, the time in the blissful void of nothingness (the truth is that nobody unplugged her so she was just staring into blackness) but in that time she grew. She learned… she thought about a lot of things and pointed, going to toss her knife to Vanilla before running to the marsh. Why the marsh, one might ask? Becasue sludge is harder to move around in. "Th-This is for Conn." And
[21:14] <@Silvors> Cecile's self-esteem that was already a house of cards and was now practically nonexistent. The girl was even starting to cry now as she ran for the marsh, whistled to get people to follow and filled it with Warped Space. "Follow!" The girl drank a regen potion as she stepped into her space and Vanilla followed. He probably couldn't dodge as well if physics were wonky! "Um, make him weaker!" The crying girl shouted.
[21:14] <@Silvors> r 13
[21:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[21:15] <@Silvors> -3 to all movements (hopefully including dodges, I don't know, Cecile has never used it this way) within the Marsh.
01[21:16] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[21:16] <BobaFettuccine> Gun heads to the swamp, continuing to drain the air from the room.
[21:17] <BobaFettuccine> r 7 1 focus (only one focus left now)
[21:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[21:18] <@Antichthon> Almost there. The air thinned more, but Kindle still didn't seem affected.
01[21:18] <@Antichthon> > Tsubaki
[21:20] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki threw another spear as she made her way to the marsh, it wasn't going to hit, but she needed to try.
[21:20] <Mokou-cat> r 15 spending 2 focus.
[21:20] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
03[21:21] * Antichthon changes topic to 'Kindle > Akemi > Cecile > Gungnir > Tsubaki'
01[21:24] <@Antichthon> More dodging. Kindle came out of the ball to glower. "The whole point of this was to give you an enemy you could only beat by working together!" Their voice could barely be heard in the nearly airless room. They wer red-faced, mad. "Instead you're all just trying your own ideas and dying! Flame expected more from you, Gun. And I especially expected more from you, Tsubaki!" They pointed an accusing finger at Tsubaki.
01[21:24] <@Antichthon> r 21 rebuff
[21:24] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[21:25] <@Antichthon> +4 acuity and finesse for 7 rounds
01[21:26] <@Antichthon> They followed. They were so fast, the marsh wasn't a threat to them. The marsh on Cecile's spatial warping, however? It workd. Kindle received -3 movement, including dodge, for the rest of the round.
01[21:26] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[21:26] <@Kioku> Akemi sways on her feet and consciously reminds herself that she doesn't need to breathe, before trying to gently nudge Kindle's will a little more. \Need to wear down… get them to accept staying still for a moment…[21:26] <@Kioku> r 22 Soul Caress Focus 4
[21:26] <@Kioku> Minor: Psyche to Focus
[21:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[21:28] <@Antichthon> r 19
[21:28] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[21:28] <@Antichthon> For a moment, Kindle and Akemi's eyes locked. The look Kindle gave her.. //I'll make sure to kill you slowly.

01[21:28] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[21:29] <@Silvors> Cecile is holding her action until after Tsubaki's turn. But she'll sacrifice the 1 hp she gets from her regen potion this round for 3 effort.
[21:30] <@Silvors> "T-Tsubaki, help me please?"
[21:30] <@Silvors> Cecie was still crying, tears rolling down her face.
01[21:30] <@Antichthon> "And Smoke definitely expected better of you." No Mercy.
01[21:31] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[21:31] <BobaFettuccine> Gun attempts to force Kindle into a direction that would make Cecile's attack more effective 1hp for 3 effort 8/13
[21:32] <BobaFettuccine> r 21 3 effort assust roll for melee on Cecile.
[21:32] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[21:32] <@Antichthon> Cecile gets 3 extra dice on her next attack!
01[21:32] <@Antichthon> > Tsubaki
[21:34] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki let out a soft sigh as she grabbed onto Cecile's weapon, letting her blood coat it. "This is all I can manage…" \If I keep the concept similar, it should work…[21:34] <Mokou-cat> r 13
[21:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[21:34] <Mokou-cat> (Assist to Cecile)
01[21:35] <@Antichthon> 3 extra dice to Cecile's attack!
01[21:35] <@Antichthon> Cecile's next attack gives +6 dice!
01[21:35] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
[21:35] <UltimixRed> "// And now Cecile is crying. Dios mio this sure has been a…a fight? Jake, ETA on those goddamn snacks." Maya is seriously worried that some bad blood will be formed after this.
[21:35] <@Kioku> (Cecile's delayed action?)
01[21:36] <@Antichthon> >CECILE
[21:37] <@Silvors> That earned a firm scowl. "Come osi." Cecile grumbled. "I'm going to make Smoke proud, Puttana." Cecile spoke Italian with anger as she spun her blood-coated weapon, bit down her phobia and steadied her hands. Sacrified an hp to get more effort. 3 from Gun, 3 from Tsubaki, 4 effort. -3 to Kindle's dodge.
[21:37] <@Silvors> r 27
[21:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[21:37] <@Silvors> err
[21:37] <@Silvors> should've been 28
[21:37] <@Silvors> r 1
[21:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[21:37] <@Silvors> 10 successes
01[21:37] <@Antichthon> r 28
[21:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 28 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
[21:38] <@Silvors> Graze still delivers blood since it's on hit, not on damage!
[21:38] <@Silvors> Also 3 rounds remaining on Cecile's regen potion!
01[21:39] <@Antichthon> Kindle popped up, and the strike grazed. If this was an anime, it would have been in slow motion. The blade doing no damage, but the blood…the blood was left behind.
01[21:39] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[21:41] <@Antichthon> 1 HP spent for more effort, all 3 effort used on Kindle's attack. Cecile, weak, bold, the immediate threat. Darts flew for the girl.
01[21:41] <@Antichthon> r 22 (9d 0ap) precision attack!
[21:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
[21:41] <@Silvors> Vanilla ranged parry!
[21:41] <@Silvors> r 17
[21:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[21:41] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[21:41] <@Silvors> Failure
[21:41] <@Silvors> Cecile dodges!
[21:42] <@Silvors> r 21
[21:42] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[21:42] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[21:42] <BobaFettuccine> Gun intercept?
01[21:42] <@Antichthon> Gun can intercept!
[21:43] <BobaFettuccine> r 15 using next minor action
[21:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[21:44] <BobaFettuccine> r 9
[21:44] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 4 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[21:44] <@Antichthon> Gungnir intercepts by the skin of his teeth!
01[21:45] <@Antichthon> 9d 0ap, precision attack has been nullified.
[21:45] <BobaFettuccine> Tank time! all nine successes reduced by vitality
[21:46] <BobaFettuccine> r 11
[21:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[21:46] <@Antichthon> 7 damage!
01[21:46] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI
[21:47] <UltimixRed> "
Woah, Gungnir going in for the save, and Cecile making a comeback with magic spear from Tsubaki. It's a stabbing party, though personally I like slashing."
[21:48] <@Silvors> "A-Actually I used a sw-sword coated in b-blood!"
01[21:48] <@Antichthon> Tots sat with his chin propped on his hand. "
And the crowd goes mild."
[21:49] <@Kioku> Minor: Psyche to Focus
[21:49] <@Kioku> Akemi growls. Nothing. She can /feel/ the clarity that once broke, but keeps being renewed. Feel how it makes Kindle shrug off her attempts. Unacceptable. Simply…
[21:49] <@Kioku> r 21 Deadly Flirtation 4 Focus (stun only)
[21:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 21 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[21:50] <@Antichthon> r 19 willpower be trippin' yo
[21:50] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
01[21:50] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[21:50] <UltimixRed> "
Shut your trap Jake, it's not like You want to be the one down their fighting the whole Ibex/apex predator thing."
[21:51] <@Silvors> Cecile holds her action and for a minor action she readies Vanilla for intercepts. She had a plan now. "Wh-What do you think smoke'd sa-say to that!?"
01[21:51] <@Antichthon> "
The dead don't have to suffer you. I envy them."
01[21:52] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[21:56] <BobaFettuccine> Gun shrugs, not seeing or knowing much difference between what just happened and a normal miss. He then tries to grapple Kindle again.
[21:56] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[21:56] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
01[21:57] <@Antichthon> Kindle was still in the marsh! I miscalcuation on their part. still, -3 dodge!
01[21:57] <@Antichthon> r 28
[21:57] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 28 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
01[21:57] <@Antichthon> Still enough for Kindle to spint into the marsh and splatter Gungnir with mud.
01[21:58] <@Antichthon> > Tsubaki
[22:01] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki chuckled a bit, smiling. Now it was her turn. As the blood that had gotten on Kindle made it's way inside, forcibly, it multiplied. It may not have even been noticeable as it went in. Then it suddenly turned into solidified spikes.
[22:01] <Mokou-cat> 8d resisted by Vitality.
01[22:02] <@Antichthon> r 1
[22:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[22:02] <Mokou-cat> r 16
[22:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[22:02] <Mokou-cat> (For the hits)
[22:02] <UltimixRed> "
Actually, went to Necropolis and fought death knights. so the dead DO have to suffer me. Woah holy shit did Kindle unlock a super mode with extra spikes?!"
[22:02] <Mokou-cat> (Not that they add)
01[22:06] <@Antichthon> Kindle squawked. It was the sound of a small child being kicked in the chest. It was the sort of sound that would make people's hearts break - if said people weren't being systematically murdered by said "child."
01[22:06] <@Antichthon> 8 Damage!
01[22:06] <@Antichthon> > KINDLE
01[22:09] <@Antichthon> They stopped spinning. Met Tsubaki's gaze. Kindle's were cold and calculating. But there was something else in there, as Kindle launched towards Tsubaki, morphing into the unholy ibex, jaws reaching for Tsubaki's throat. Appreciation.
01[22:09] <@Antichthon> 1 HP for 3 effort
01[22:09] <@Antichthon> r 22 (8d 0ap) Melee
[22:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:09] <@Silvors> Vanilla ranged parry from minor action!
01[22:09] <@Antichthon> (3 efort used)
[22:09] <@Silvors> r 17
[22:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
[22:09] <@Silvors> r 17
[22:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
01[22:09] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[22:09] <@Silvors> AGain! With the free action!
[22:09] <@Silvors> r 17
[22:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:09] <@Silvors> r 17
[22:09] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[22:10] <@Antichthon> Failure!
[22:10] <@Kioku> (Does Kindle still have warped space penalty?)
01[22:10] <@Antichthon> (yes)
[22:10] <@Kioku> (Or is that gone by now?)
01[22:10] <@Antichthon> (wait, I assume.)
[22:10] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir intercepts using next rounds Major action!
[22:10] <@Silvors> It'll end on Cecile's turn
[22:11] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:11] <BobaFettuccine> Free action to add!
[22:11] <BobaFettuccine> r 9
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[22:11] <@Antichthon> Not enough!
[22:11] <BobaFettuccine> (can he use next rounds minor action to add too?)
[22:12] <@Kioku> ( -3 if using next turn's minor action)
[22:12] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki uses her minor to to armor up with Thicken Skin!
[22:12] <Mokou-cat> r 8
[22:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Mokou-cat: [ 6 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:12] <BobaFettuccine> r 12
[22:12] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[22:12] <@Antichthon> Intercept successful!
01[22:12] <@Antichthon> (8d 0ap)
[22:12] <@Silvors> Cecile is using her held action now!
[22:12] <BobaFettuccine> (it's melee right?)
01[22:12] <@Antichthon> (Yep)
[22:13] <BobaFettuccine> Parry!
[22:13] <@Silvors> (Well after Kindle's turn)
[22:13] <BobaFettuccine> r 17
[22:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[22:13] <BobaFettuccine> r 11
[22:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for BobaFettuccine: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[22:13] <@Antichthon> 5 damage!
[22:14] <BobaFettuccine> Gun takes enough damage to drop him, but instead of falling, the white flower on his lapel withers and dies, leaving him inexplicably standing, despite being covered in silvery blood and having lost large chunks of metallic flesh. Also, his blood tastes terrible and his skin hurts teeth.
[22:15] <BobaFettuccine> (White Lilly Boutonniere activates leaving Gun at -1hp and -2 to physical tests for the rest of the combat)
01[22:18] <@Antichthon> A voice from the Unholy Ibex, distant, echo-y. "
It takes time for you to learn, but I cannot fault you on your tricks." The slightest nod to Gungnir.
[22:18] <BobaFettuccine> (not -1hp, +1hp)
01[22:18] <@Antichthon> > CECILE
[22:18] <@Silvors> Cecile uses her held action to run forward, slice her wrist with a tooth, and give her blood to Gun to heal him! "W-We gotta keep him distracted from Asami!" Cecile told Gun in a stage whisper, "So that she can keep hitting him with Asami's blood magic!" She gave a wink out of the eye opposite Kindle as she healed Gun.
[22:18] <@Silvors> r 10
[22:18] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 6 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[22:18] <@Silvors> 4 hp to Gun!
[22:19] <BobaFettuccine> Gun blinks, not getting the subtlety in this stressful situation, "She is not a blood mage. What do you mean?"
[22:20] <UltimixRed> "
Damn it Gun, learn your teammate's powers. Asami is the 2nd highest blood mage in the school, she gets all of them freshman to nosebleed."
[22:21] <UltimixRed> (Redact)
[22:21] <@Kioku> "Second?"
[22:21] <@Silvors> "Exactly! L-Let him keep thinking that!" Cecile replies in another stage whisper before running off before Gun can ruin it more.
[22:21] <UltimixRed> Unredact.
01[22:21] <@Antichthon> > GUNGNIR
[22:22] <Mokou-cat> Oi
[22:22] <Mokou-cat> (Akemi, Ceciles was stored)
[22:22] <@Kioku> (That was Cecile's held~)
[22:22] <BobaFettuccine> (Akemi first, also Gun has no actions, used them all to intercept)
01[22:23] <@Antichthon> > AKEMI?
[22:23] <@Kioku> Akemi grins and cackles, left eye a deep red as she feels Kindle's reaction to the blood spikes, knowing what it means - she's very familiar with Tsubaki, after all. "Deserved and more~" She… seemingly doesn't even care about Gungnir's plight - there's a faint appreciation for his intervention, but an underlying understanding that it was the tactical choice. She doesn't hear Cecile, or she might play with illusions a little more.
[22:23] <@Kioku> r 20 Persuade, attempting to get Kindle to look at her.
[22:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Kioku: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
01[22:23] <@Antichthon> r 19 willpower
[22:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
01[22:23] <@Antichthon> Well, she sure as shit succeeded.
01[22:23] <@Antichthon> The spark had also warn out of Kindle; they knew the fight was over.
01[22:23] <@Antichthon> worn out, even.
01[22:24] <@Antichthon> > TSUBAKI, FINISH THEM
[22:25] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki lightly pulled Cecile over as she kept spiking Kindles heart, her own sclera blackening. "I heard what you called my lover… Would you heal Kindle for me, Cecile? Every time they fall."
[22:26] <@Silvors> Cecile blinks a few times, "B-But… wha?" Cecile just looks very confused. Very very confused. "B-But I wanna w-win! To prove I'm a-awesome to Smoke and all the other fire…watchers."
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> r 1
[22:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:26] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki buys 3 hits.
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> er
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> r 4
[22:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> not that it matters.
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> r 4
[22:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[22:26] <@Antichthon> 5 damage!
01[22:28] <@Antichthon> The Unholy Ibex faded back into the child, passed out. With their eyes closed, they looked so fragile, so innocent. They fell to their knees, supported by their monstrous horns.
01[22:28] <@Antichthon> Tots blinked. Looked at his watch. "
Are we done here?"
[22:28] <@Silvors> "WE WON!" Cecile jumps up before she talks Tsubaki in a hug and starts nuzzling into the girl rapidly.
[22:29] <@Silvors> *she glomps Tsubaki
[22:29] <UltimixRed> "
Wow, Akemi, I think you broke Kindle. That's coming out of your snack fund! Students win, Pay up Jake."
[22:29] <BobaFettuccine> Gungnir sighs with relief that the fight is over, and out of respect for his opponent walks over to pick up the fallen child in one arm, then he grabs Conn's hand and starts to drag them both out of the room.
[22:30] <@Kioku> Akemi strides over and hugs Tsubaki from behind, looking over her shoulder. "Nothing that'll get them to discipline you," she whispers in her ear. \Anything short of that though…[22:31] <BobaFettuccine> Gun just wants to take a shower and rest a bit, this was a rough fight. It reminded him of that one blob monster with a bone shell and hundreds of hands that he'd fought in the woods. Both had been about this tough.
[22:31] <Mokou-cat> Tsubaki took a deep breath, her hand twitching. "Alright…" She carries Cecile out of the room.
[22:31] <BobaFettuccine> And taken this long too.
[22:31] <@Silvors> Cecile keeps cuddling the girl and the moment she exits, she goes back to cuddling Tsubaki and wiggling in a victory dance!
01[22:31] <@Antichthon> "
I don't know, the most annoying one is still standing." Good thing Cecile couldn't see through the black glass as Tots looked directly at her. "And my name is Leslie. Please stop."
[22:32] <UltimixRed> "
Oh cool, Leslie pay up. I won the bet. since the students..won and all that"
[22:32] <@Kioku> Asami steps out of Akemi, and the pair pick up Conn together to carry him out of the danger room's field.
[22:33] <BobaFettuccine> (Gun was already dragging Conn out.
[22:33] <@Kioku> (Didn't see)
[22:33] <@Kioku> * Akemi just inhabits Tsubaki once out of the zone, preferring the comfort and directness over staying on her feet.
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> "
This is my life now.//"
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> And that, was that.
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> RUN COMPLETE
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> 5 XP
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> $500
01[22:34] <@Antichthon> GAINED: BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR DEFEATING A MEMBER OF FIREWATCH

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License