Lilith's Escape

Jan. 27, 2018

<FullMetalBitch> "Takbiirah," said the girl with the emerald eyes. There was no one to hear it but the walls, the bear, the malach, and the recording device stuck into the ceiling light. Mecca was hard to find when you had no sense of direction, but as it is said, the direction of Mecca is where you believe it in your heart. The motions were honored and drilled into her from a lifetime of servitude
<FullMetalBitch> . Following the orders of men, marching in step, listening but never speaking. Here she was, living proof that a woman could not be trusted to her own devices without flying off the handle. Even her most trusted mentor had abandoned her, her jaded lover leaving her with barely a fight. Perhaps this is what she deserved for her actions, or perhaps Allah was punishing her for a life
<FullMetalBitch> of sin.
<FullMetalBitch> So there Lilith sat, kneeling in prayer. She had grown used to the threads of the cell, of the hallway outside. Over the days she had learned the guards and the strings that held them together. She had pondered long and hard over what she should do. She had decided that no more would she follow the rules of man on earth. Allah would be her only judge, and she would be free of the
<FullMetalBitch> oppression of the patriarchy. Sunnybrook was trap, meant to wither a beautiful Lily like her and waste her away. She couldn't abide by such a thing. Not now, not after she had come so far. So she sat and waited. Waited for that damn door to open another time. For her chance, a last attempt to let the dove of peace fly free. Her eyes watched the door, her mind watched the strings.
<Kioku> The guard comes right on time, as usual. As usual, he puts the food in the drawer in the wall next to the door. And as usual, it looks like he's about to push it through so that the little drawer comes out on the inside.
<FullMetalBitch> Standing, Lilith steps over to the door. "Mister," she says in a tone as neutral as a person standing on needles can manage. Watching the guard through the window with eyes that barely hide the sharp edge of her composure. "May I go to the restroom before I eat?" She had asked twice prior to this for the luxury of the rest room. Also quiet with head hung low. Her hand rubs the wrist
<FullMetalBitch> with the Malach bracelet in idle thought as she waits.
<Uracilo> The eyes on the bracelet blink open, and it squeezes. Lucette watching, or a programmed behaviour?
<FullMetalBitch> Always*
<Kioku> The guard sighs and rolls his eyes, getting out the keys. He punches in the code on the electronic lock, slides his card, and puts the key in the manual lock, all in sequence, like every other time, and slides the door open while nodding to the other couple guards at the door. "One of you take her, I've got to get back to the kitchen."
<FullMetalBitch> "Thank you," Lilith answers quickly as she waits to be escorted. It was more casual than before, the hype around her starting to die down from the long period of no abuse. She glances at the guards at the door and tries to get an idea for them, she had yet to see a guard armed down here, just non-lethal. The gears were turning and she was getting anxious. She grabbed Andrea quickly
<FullMetalBitch> and held him by the wrist, opposite the Malach Wristband.
<Kioku> One of the stationed guards frowns at Andrea, but leads her toward the restrooms, the other guard taking out his stun gun and following behind.
<FullMetalBitch> She'd never been an actor, never taken a drama class at all. It might be worth it to note that she isn't exactly the most straight faced person and wears the fear on her shoulder as she walked. It was a simple action to start the festivities, one she had pondered for quite some time as she had sat in that padded room for so long. She hoped it was enough to cause a pause. With a slip
<FullMetalBitch> of the hand, Andrea fell to the floor right in front of the guard behind her. She kept walking and tried to play it off like a casual slip of the mind.
<Kioku> The guard lets out a bored sigh and stares at Lilith, taking a step back so she can pick up her (to him) toy.
<FullMetalBitch> "Allah Ackbar," Lilith slips out the corner of her mouth. It was talked about in words unheard in her cell for the past day. All at once the walls come crashing down. Andrea flicks up as he is pulled, going straight for the stun gun to try and put it out of the man's grip. The Malach on her wrist is sent off to do his part of the mission. For her, it's a simple task. The threads
<FullMetalBitch> holding the guard in front of her's taser in it's holster. She wraps her head around the problem, her prayer earlier giving her the focus for this very moment. Hoping more than anything that for once something might go right for her. She tries to grab it from him by it's strings.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Pulling Strings + Threads
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings + Threads: 7:8-8+5+2
<Uracilo> The bracelet takes to the air and slaps across the lens of the nearby camera, spreading to block its view entirely.
<Kioku> Not only is the guard in front's taser taken, but he's pulled off balance by the act, being turned in place and stumbling. The other guard seems dumbfounded that their prisoner would try something like this, and thrusts the stun gun reflexively at the nearest threat - unfortunately, that's the bear, not the girl.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 jab the bear
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, jab the bear: 6:8-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Marionette
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Marionette: 3:7-8+4
<FullMetalBitch> Andrea tries in vain to fight the man, but it's to no avail. The little bear takes every single wat and the smell of burned cloth fills the air.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith, on the other hand, fairs better. She flicks the taser back forward by the strings that are wrapped around the handle. The taser flying forward towards the guard in front with a crackle of electricity.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Pulling Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 very off-balance guard
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, very off-balance guard: 3:8-8+3
<Kioku> The taser makes contact, just barely… but that's all it needs to send a small jolt through the guard. There's no way he'll be taken out by that, but it'll keep him disoriented a moment longer. He does manage to grab at the handle after it's shocked him though, and is trying to aim it at Lilith.
<Kioku> Meanwhile, the other guard grabs the bear and throws it to the side, lunging at Lilith with the stun gun.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 8:10-8+6
<Kioku> (You can marionette to give him a small penalty before trying to dodge though)
<FullMetalBitch> As she watches her careful plan start to unfold in front of her eyes in a flurry of mistimed events and horrible misfires, Lilith's eyes start to grow wide. She is running out of options to keep this in the family and can't exactly come up with a plan on the fly. She isn't some master tactician, she's an emotional girl who just wants to get out.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Marionette
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Marionette: 6:10-8+4
<FullMetalBitch> (Worth anything?)
<Kioku> (You can try to slap it out of his hand with your dodge roll, since the bear loosened his grip)
<Kioku> (And yeah, that lowers his roll a bit)
<Kioku> (By like 3)
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Agility (dodge)
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility (dodge): 3:7-8+4
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith turns and tries her best to knock the agressor's weapon away from herself. Trying to give herself a chance. She isn't a strong girl, she isn't a quick girl. She's just an irrational girl.
<Kioku> Lilith still gets a fair shock from the taser, and Andrea is pretty well out of commission from taking such a beating so quickly, but… (brawn check)
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+1 Brawn
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Brawn: 3:10-8+1
<Kioku> Lilith isn't paralyzed, or even really hindered from the jolt.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith twitches as she feels the jolts go through her. Like any scared little girl, her favorite toy smoldering behind her and her body aching from the pain of imprisonment. So she does what she always does when she's backed into a corner. She screams, a shrill and awful scream. The threads around her flicked and shoved by the explosive ethereal force as she tries to throw everything
<FullMetalBitch> around her away.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Pulling Strings (Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings (Overdrive: 9:10-8+5+2
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 6:9-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 7:10-8+5
<Kioku> The already hindered guard is thrown cleanly several meters away, skidding down the hall and banging his shoulder against the wall at least twice from the continued force. The other, the one who brought down the mighty Andrea, is pushed against the wall, banging his elbow hard enough to drop the stun gun, but managing to keep his feet because of said wall.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith reaches quickly for Andrea, flicking him back to her as she tries to catch her breath. As the singed bear flies into her arm, she moves. A quick step off as her bare feet pad along the corridor. She's running, trapped in a maze of tunnels and hallways that are alien to her. It won't be long until they are set upon her, but she wants to believe she has a chance. She had once
<FullMetalBitch> been in an air raid shelter with thick concrete walls like this, while volunteering in Occupied Palestine (Israel). There had been an air circulation system that was large enough for a man to crawl through. That was a small room, this was an entire complex. She listened for the sound of machines churning fresh air through vents, and runs down the halls.
<Kioku> The downed guard has a dislocated shoulder, but that doesn't stop him from picking up his taser with his left hand and firing it toward Lilith before she turns a corner.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5-2
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 2:7-8+5-2
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Agility (Dodge)
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility (Dodge): 3:7-8+4
<Kioku> Lilith, you sense the strings of the taser barbs coming at you!
<Kioku> (And yeah, this is ranged so Gymnastics counted too. XD)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith clips around a corner and keeps running. Her breath is sharp and she can't get enough air in her lungs. Andrea is holding onto her as she flies down the hallway. Her eyes darting around for some escape, some exit. She has to keep moving, she has to keep going.
<Kioku> The guard slumps to the floor, and you can hear the still-standing guard talking into his radio just before you're out of earshot.
<Kioku> The sounds of machinery seem close… and you can see four more guards standing around having coffee ahead! (Stealth!)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances ahead as she sees the guards grouped around. She looks for a way to get by and away from them, some way to get by without being seen. For once she wishes Andrea was smart enough to give her ideas. A twinkle in the back of her mind hopes the Malach will be okay behind her.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Sneak
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Sneak: 8:8-8+8
<Kioku> The guards don't seem to have noticed… yet. Looks like these once weren't on the same radio channel. You can hear boots coming from behind though; sounds like word got through and they're actively watching the cameras now, despite missing the events on the first one that the shadow covered.
<Kioku> There's a door to your right, a door to your left, and there was a T-turn behind you.
<Kioku> Ahead, there's… well… four guards drinking coffee.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith darts through, keeping low and trying to make sure her footsteps don't disturb the coffee break. There's no time to think, and she isn't exactly sure where she is going. So she goes with her first thought and doesn't look by. Turning left, she pulls the door open just enough to slip through and closes it behind her. Andrea slipping in just by the edge of his fur.
<Kioku> The room is dark… very dark, but the sounds are far louder now. And there's a faint breeze. The steps are still approaching your last location outside.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith reaches around the edges of the door trying to flick a switch. Her fingers dancing along the edge for where she hopes to find a light. Thinking about it, she adjusts one of her hands and hopes there's a manual latch on the inside of the door to lock it.
<Kioku> On the plus side, there is a latch to lock the door, and a lightswitch… on the negative, one of the two lights for this room is burned out, giving only partial illumination, and the remaining light's buzzing is *loud!*
<Kioku> From a quick glance, there's a large vent with a fan visibly running in it in the wall opposite the door, a smaller one in the ceiling, and two large piles of mattresses in here.
<Kioku> There's also a locked box on the wall that looks like a first aid kit.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith flicks the latch quickly as she steps into the room. She looks up at the vent above her, and wonders just how good her jump is. She only thinks about it for a moment before she flicks the thread holding the light switch and turns it off. The buzzing was loud and she hoped she could work in the dark. Closing her eyes she listened to the sound, as she tried to find the strings
<FullMetalBitch> of the fan above her and find a way to pull a wire to stop it from spinning. Andrea lays at her side and lets her work in peace, for once.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Pulling Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings: 6:9-8+5
<Kioku> The fan in the larger side vent groans against the strain, strings holding and pulling it one way, mechanics pulling it the other. The groaning gets louder and louder until… (roll strings again!)
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch: 7:10-8+5
<Kioku> The machine is what gives out, the fan snapping off of whatever is holding it and barely being caught instead of clanging around in the vent shaft.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith bites her lip, her eyes squeezing hard as she tries to control the ethereal strings. Andrea fidgets a bit at the force of her work.
<FullMetalBitch> With a quick glance, Lilith tries to find the strings of the first aid kit on the wall. Hoping it isn't attached to carefully, she tries to pull it off and bring it to her. If it's small enough to carry.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Pulling Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings: 7:10-8+5
<Kioku> It's small enough to carry and, though its harness is bolted to the wall, the kit itself is just attached by a simple latch and quite easily comes out. It's a metal box, so be careful about noise! But it's rather small, at least. Now if only it had a strap instead of just a dumb handle.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith heads forward to the now disabled vent and, using touch as best she can, tries to climb into it. Her eyes stay closed however, and she instead tries to pluck the strings around her to give her some idea of where she is going. A few plucks, watch them vibrate, try and find your way without looking. Careful, very careful, you aren't in too much of a rush to not be safe.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Pulling Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings: 8:11-8+5
<Kioku> If the sides of the vent were all in one piece, that might have given a handy line to the far end… as it is though, you can at the very least get up in there without fear of cutting yourself. Bad news though - the guards have caught on that you're not in the halls anymore, and are checking doors. Good thing the camera was covered, or they'd know exactly which door to check first.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tries to lift herself up, for once all of that work in the gymnaisum doing twirls and spins on bars might work out for the best. She's careful as she can be, but is still trying to rush as fast as she can. It's so very dark, and she is only held together by adreneline and a thousand voices cheering her on.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics through the air vents!
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics through the air vents!: 7:7-8+8
<Kioku> (Stealth - vents are really noisy. And it's the same mod, so there we go I guess.)
<FullMetalBitch> (haha, oopsies)
<Uracilo> By the time the Malach returns and circles around Lilith's wrist, it's thick enough it could stretch to be a glove, having feasted on the blinky red camera lights.
<Kioku> The machinery gets louder and louder, and you hear the door that you came through open after a few seconds of rattling and being unlocked - you bought some time, but they'll figure things out pretty quick with the fan broken off.
<Kioku> After a bit of crawling and turning (toward the sound?)…
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith crawls along as quietly as she can, trying not to upset the vent as best she can but moving with haste. She turns towards the sound of the machinery and takes a second to glance through the vent to see if she can see what's coming.
<Kioku> There's another fan, just like that first one, and beyond it a brightly lit room with a camera visibly in the corner, from the vent's perspective. There's a large vent going upward, presumably to the surface, to get air into the basement that way.
<Kioku> It's not all good news though.
<Kioku> There are also two guards in the room, apparently tipped off that you might come this way after learning that you were in the vents.
<Kioku> Not the smartest move - they should have waited just outside the door.
<Kioku> No sign that they've seen you, at least. The room is bright, the vent is dark.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith stops for a moment, and takes a careful breath as she says a quick prayer to Allah. Trying to find guidance in these troubling times.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+2 Threads
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Threads: 3:9-8+2
<Kioku> (Consider yourself centered.)
<FullMetalBitch> As she sighs a content sigh she starts to pick the threads on the guards. She isn't happy at the idea, she doesn't want to chance hurting people more than she has to. But she has to get them out of her way. She just has to. So with a concentrated effort, she begins to pull on there strings, her intent? Harm. Like the pain a Palestenian child feels as they go hungry for another day,
<FullMetalBitch> she wants them to not feel the will to move after she is done.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2+2 Pulling Strings (+Threads) (+Overdrive)
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings (+Threads) (+Overdrive): 10:9-8+5+2+2
<FullMetalBitch> their*
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5 Brawn Defense, also ouch.
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, Brawn Defense, also ouch.: 6:9-8+5
<Kioku> One of the guards drops to his knees in clear pain, clutching at his chest as the strings contort. The other looks at him with wide eyes, clearly without a clue of just /how/ this is happening. Is it a heart attack? He takes out his radio…
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith finds the strings of the fan, she grabs around the bolts holding it in place. She wraps them around it and pulls with all her might. She tries to grab the fan and pull it from it's place. Trying to throw it towards the remaining guard, trying to kill two birds with one stone. Hopefully, however, without the dying part.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Pulling Strings (+Threads)
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Pulling Strings (+Threads): 8:9-8+5+2
<Kioku> Assuming she isn't worried about making noise this time, and having familiarity from the previous fan, this one is torn off easily and thrown…
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5 Reflex
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, Reflex: 4:7-8+5
<Kioku> Right into the still-standing guard. You can give him a painful gash (+1 damage) or pin him to the wall with how it digs in.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tries to pin him to the wall. Despite everything, she really doesn't want to hurt these people. Fonyx is one thing, but these guards actually have a conscience probably. As she slides out of the vent, dragging Andrea and the first aid kit behind her, she reaches over to grab the strings of the radio and pull it over to herself. Keep him from talking, and keep herself informed.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Strings (+Threads)
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings (+Threads): 5:6-8+5+2
<Kioku> Taking a radio is all too easy… but you notice the one that was on his knees from the first attack still has his, and is getting up!
<Kioku> You can try to take it before he has a chance to use it with an offensive intercept action (that uses up your next turn)
<Kioku> It'll be tricky at this point though…
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith flicks her wrist, as she tries to send the Malach on her wrist flying towards the guard. It's a snap reaction, she wants to slow him down at least to get a chance to overpower him.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5 No, shadow cloaker bad!
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, No, shadow cloaker bad!: 2:5-8+5
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5 Living Shadow
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo, Living Shadow: 6:9-8+5
<Uracilo> Half of the malach flies off of Lilith's wrist and splatters on the guard, seeking to slow him down and cover his mouth so he can't scream or use his radio.
<Kioku> The standing guard is caught up by the shadow before he can lift his radio, face is pretty much covered and he's half-blinded. He still manages to thumb the transmit button though, so whoever's on the other end will hear the action until he's pulled off.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith uses this as a chance to try and steal the guard's radio. Hoping that by taking both of them, she buy herself some time to get ahead of her pursuing band of guards.
<Kioku> He whips out a baton and goes for Lilith…
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 attack!
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, attack!: 8:10-8+6
<Kioku> 4d3-8+4 hold radio
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, hold radio: 4:8-8+4
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Agility
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility: 4:8-8+4
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith raises her arm to try and deflect the baton as he goes for the hit. She's slow, she's not thinking straight. He swings through her arm and upside her head, sending her back onto her ass on the floor with a cry of pain. Her head is spinning and she is thrown off balance. It hurts, he's hurting her, a lot.
<Kioku> The shadow binding him restricted his movements a bit, and he wants it off! The girl is on the ground, so this is a more pressing matter. (The hit only did 1 damage, since it should have rolled 6)
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 tear off the shadow
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, tear off the shadow: 3:8-8+3
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 push the fan off
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, push the fan off: 4:9-8+3
<Kioku> The fan pinning the other guard clatters to the floor, and he's free. The first one can't quite peel off the shadow, but he's looking less restrained than before by it.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances up, the vent, the sunny sky above sunnybrook. She wants out of her so badly, she wants to get away from men who would put her on the ground. Men who would beat her down and keep her on the floor. With an erratic eye and a twitch of reaction she tries hard to pull the fan out of the ceiling. Yank it down and from the ceiling. She wants to send it at the guard in front
<FullMetalBitch> of her, she wants to go what she did before. She wants to get the guard with the Malach in his eye out of the way.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Strings Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings Overdrive: 6:7-8+5+2
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5-1 onoes
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, onoes: 1:5-8+5-1
<Kioku> The fan skips across the Malach'd man's head and drops him to the floor. It's not quite a pin, but he won't be getting up any time soon.
<Kioku> The other guard watches in shock and gets out his stun gun practically pouncing on Lilith. You can hear guards coming after you through the vents, and down the hall…
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:7-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith turns her eyes over to the other guard, the one who seems set on defying her will. Her eyes are full of terror and her body shakes at the sight of another aggressor. If her hair being a mess, her clothes being in disarray, or the bruises on her were no indication, she is a little, well, crazed.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4+2 Agility Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility Overdrive: 7:9-8+4+2
<Kioku> The guard overextends and misses Lilith… that stun gun is pretty dang close to the metal of the vent.
<FullMetalBitch> Just a tug, just enough to press the thousands of volts to the vent and give the hunting party enough of a shock to throw them off the trail.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 2:5-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3-1
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 4:10-8+3-1
<Kioku> The guard twists and pulls back, looking a little out of breath from the confrontation, holding his ribs with his free arm. "You know I have to do this, right? It's my job. You're /dangerous/."
<Kioku> In a dirty move, he tries to kick Lilith.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 3:5-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> "I just want to go home," Lilith sputters back in broken breaths. Her voice is full of tension and can barely hide the emotion.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Agility
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility: 4:8-8+4
<Uracilo> The malach flows from the downed guard and attaches itself to the remaining one's foot.
<Uracilo> Keeping it stuck to the ground.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 7:10-8+5
<FullMetalBitch> As she rolls away, still on the ground she tenses up. Her eyes finding the guard that is trying so desperately to attack her, and then to the taser that he seems trying to use against her. She hates those things, she hates how much they have hurt her while she was here. Looking for the strings holding it, she tries to turn the taser against him. Trying to give him the gift of voltage.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:8-8+5
<Kioku> The guard tips backward slightly, off balance because of his stuck foot, but keeps the zapping away.
<Kioku> "Everything you do here makes things worse for yourself! DIdn't they tell you you could go home after graduation? Why couldn't you just play by the rules that long?" The guardtries to lunge at Lilith again, but can't get close enough, and doesn't have a ranged weapon… the other guard was the one with the taser.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5 break free
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, break free: 5:8-8+5
<Kioku> (Nope, stuck.)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith screams back, defensive as ever. "Shut up! It is not my fault!" She's angry, she isn't happy with the truth being brandished in her face. She subscribed to a different reality and wasn't about to let this man overturn the decision of the thousand voices in her head. The fan is still on the floor behind the man, where he dropped it. It worked on the other guard, it put him
<FullMetalBitch> out of commision. Maybe it will make this guard shut the fuck up? She looks for the strings, and looks to slam it into the guard's head from behind.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 sneaky
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, sneaky: 3:8-8+3
<Kioku> The fan hits him and, because of being stuck to the floor, knocks him over forward, onto the floor, but he doesn't seem especially hurt by it. Now it's landed right back under the vent shaft.
<Kioku> The doorknob starts rattling.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith pushes herself up, grabbing Andrea as she does. She jumps, as best as she can, and tries to lift herself into the open vent above. They're too close, she's too close, she needs to get out of here.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 9:9-8+8
<Kioku> It's a close call, with such a high jump, but you manage to catch the edge and find a way to start your way up.
<FullMetalBitch> Scrambling, her hands and aching body struggling to pull into the shaft and try and clamber a way up. Andrea isn't helping her journey, but she is trying to move as quickly as possible to get up and out.
<Kioku> The guards are in the door, and a couple more are coming along through the other vent. What's the shadow up to?
<Uracilo> It flies up to Lilith and joins its peer on her wrist, then stretching to try and make a handhold for her up there.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> It won't support much weight, but it's something. A guard moves right under the vent, snarling upward. "Get somebody at intake vent B. We've got a runner." Another guard mutters something inaudible. "A kinetic runner," he amends, pointing his taser up toward Lilith. Andrea might be able to intercept the shot, but otherwise it seems almost sure to hit metal or you!
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 7:10-8+5
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith glances down as she scrambles, she feels Andrea slip from her grip as she watches the taser leveled at her. The furry little guy flies down right for the taser, trying his damnedest to give her a chance.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4+2 Marionette Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Marionette Overdrive: 2:4-8+4+2
<Kioku> Andrea is falling… falling… falling… and the taser fires. One of the barbs hits Andrea, but with enough force to go clean through his stuffed body and hit the wall behind him. The effort kept it from hitting Lilith, but the second barb still does, shocking her even worse than if she's just been hit by both, with how the electricity is conducted. There's still time though, if the shadows can make a harness to keep her up as
<Kioku> she's forced to lose her grip!
<FullMetalBitch> As she feels the pain shoot through her, her body tensing up as she feels the electricity. Her hands slip from their holds and her feet give way from the metal shaft, as she starts to tumble down it towards the ground below. Her eyes stark with fear at what lays below.
<Uracilo> The shadow pulls out of the basement and into Lucette's range. It draws on her for strength.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+7 (Living Shadows + Overdrive)
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo, (Living Shadows + Overdrive): 9:10-8+7
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith falls all the way down and hits the ground with a loud and painful cry. Her body shaking, and the pain of a concrete floor causing her more than a little discomfort.
<Kioku> In some insane miracle, the shadows manage to catch Lilith and keep her from falling… and pull her up to where the shaft bends, so she can stand instead of climb! There's just one more fan and grate between you and freedom, but at a terrible price.
<FullMetalBitch> (OR NOT LOL VOID)
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith is a person with a set of morals that no one but herself can understand. So she pauses, she stands there at the edge of the bend and closes her eyes. Andrea is down there, and he may be attacked to something, but she has to try. He has been with her always, and she can not let him go without a fight. Without trying to bring him along.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 3:6-8+5
<Kioku> The strings from so far are just too frail. It feels like you could /almost/ grasp Andrea, but pulling him up right now would tear him nearly in half.
<FullMetalBitch> "Forgive me," Lilith says as she turns and heads towards the vent. She tries to push the strings as she runs towards it, to throw the fan out of the way and show her the sunlight for the first time in days.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5+2 Strings Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings Overdrive: 9:10-8+5+2
<Kioku> The fan crashes through the grating that covers the vent, and there's grass and sunlight before you. And three guards converging, but running toward the gate would only make you get past one of them. Plus the two standing at the gate itself. Of course, you could always try climbing over the wall, but getting shot has just become a real danger.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith cuts away from the guards, her eyes wincing from the bright sun as she eyes the wall. She has to try, she just has to. Breaking into a sprint towards the wall, her bare feet feeling the grass below and her heart pounding out of her chest. Breath, focus, run. It's impossible to keep her mind straight as a streak of brown hair flows behind her in the rush. She has to get to
<FullMetalBitch> that wall. She just has to.
<FullMetalBitch> (assume it's a turn of running to get there)
<Kioku> The guards change course to try to follow, but aren't in a good position to catch Lilith like this. One takes out his pistol and starts shooting, but rather particularly at her legs.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+5-1
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 3:7-8+5-1
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+4 Agility
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Agility: 4:8-8+4
<Kioku> (Ranged attack, gymnastics applies)
<Kioku> The guard atop the wall has far fewer reservations. And a rifle.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith is quick on her feet, rushing across the ground. She winces as she hears the crack of shots behind her. Watching the dirt kick up around her as she continues to sprint. Her heart is about to pound out of her chest and her feet are about to give up on her.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 6:8-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 8:8-8+8
<FullMetalBitch> It's a quick tuck and roll as she tricks on a rock and rolls around. At the same time a rifle round embeds itself in the ground near by. It doesn't slow her down, she can't stop now. It's so close, she's almost there. As nears the wall she takes a few deep breaths and plucks the strings on her outfit. There's no way she can climb that tall without a grip. So for once, she plucks
<FullMetalBitch> her own strings, and tries to throw herself to the top of the wall.
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+5 Strings
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Strings: 4:7-8+5
<Kioku> (Gymnastics to land without injury / give yourself a good start!)
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 6:6-8+8
<Kioku> Your lower leg impacts the edge of the wall very painfully, but you've reached the top. The nearest guard is several meters away, and looking at you in astonishment. This isn't supposed to happen! He tries to shoot again, but you've more than recovered enough to roll out of the way (1 damage from impact)
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 4:6-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 9:9-8+8
<FullMetalBitch> Hitting the wall, she cries out in pain at the impact. As she catches a breath she hears the gun going off behind her and is sparked into action. Lilith tries with all her might to pull herself over the top of the wall, and over the side.
<Kioku> A crowd has started to gather, and they're watching the whole spectacle - a couple even managed to get there in time to see Lilith burst out of the vent, but most only arrived as she was about to fling herself onto the wall.
<Kioku> Gymnastics to take the fall over the side… unless a Shadow cushions it!
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 6:6-8+8
<Kioku> Fortunately, falling and tumbling is really damn easy, spreading out the impact to avoid any further injury.
<Kioku> The guards nearest to the gate have noticed that Lilith might actually be getting away here…
<Kioku> Get ready to dodge two more times!
<Uracilo> Lucette's shadow is nowhere to be seen.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+9
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 11:10-8+9
<Kioku> 4d3-8+9
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tumbles over the side of the high wall and heads towards the land with an impact and an oomf. There isn't time to slow down, she has to make it to the tree line before it's too late. So she starts sprinting to the trees, past the clear cut.
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 11:10-8+9
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gynmastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gynmastics: 9:9-8+8
<Uracilo> The malach, still reeling from being overstretched, attemps to eat a bullet for Lilith.
<Uracilo> it emerges from the ground like a bed sheet and wraps around the projectile's path.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5-1
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 4:8-8+5-1
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 8:8-8+8
<FullMetalBitch> As a round enters her back, cutting through her side, she stutters in her run. It's a sharp burning pain and she can feel the blood pouring from the hole in her midsection but she keeps going. She's so close, even with the world bluring around her, she can see the trees. "Allah protect me," she mutters as she stumbles across the grass.
<Kioku> The Malach acts as a kind of armor for Lilith, in effect, slowing down the projectiles just enough to reduce their impact - and they do impact, quite painfully. You think you feel your upper left arm break, and several ribs crack, along with a long cut across your back from the first shot's trajectory… but somehow, you're still moving.
<Kioku> The guard atop the wall has time for one more shot before the trees become enough cover for them to need to send someone out after you.
<FullMetalBitch> Rushing into the trees, she grabs a tree and pulls herself into the brush. Her arm limp at her side and her body screaming at her to give up. To lay down and die. She has to keep going, she just has to.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 6:8-8+6
<FullMetalBitch> !roll 4d3-8+8 Gymnastics
<TheTrueDice> FullMetalBitch, Gymnastics: 9:9-8+8
<Kioku> The last shot isn't even close, impacting a tree in front of Lilith. And then… she's gone.
<Kioku> The guards are furious, yelling at each other to organize a search.
<FullMetalBitch> Yanking herself behind a tree, she takes a breath and feels the impact of a round in front of her. Opening her eyes, she starts to flee into the brush. Like a wounded animal fleeing a trap, stumbling into the forest as she tries to make her way… Somewhere. Somewhere not here, far into the mountains. Home, she hopes, but that might just be her being delirious. Blood trickles from
<FullMetalBitch> holes in her body, her mind pounds from the pain of all her fighting. But she's free. She's finally free.
<UltimixRed> "if she can get out… how easy do you think it would be for us to get out?" a student murmurs
<UltimixRed> "She's probably like an elite or something.
<UltimixRed> or maybe not"
<Kioku> From the barracks, guards are swarming around… but the first search party is assembled about three minutes after the escape. Two guards, two heavy guards… and Westhart.
<Uracilo> Lucette finally realizes which wall she was viewing and reaches the crowd, bindle in hand. When she sees all the guards, she bites her lip and hides her little bag of essentials behind her, inching away from the commotion, to plan a better plan.
<SirGoldFish> Westhart is walking with the guards in stride. "You imbeciles ruined my sleep because you could not catch a girl!?"
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith crosses a stream and walks down it to try and cut off her trail. Before she picks it up again and starts to head through the trees. The city, it's a stupid idea, but she has to go near civilization. It's her only chance to get any medical aid. The hole in her stomach, and the limp arm are a distraction for her but she powers through. Her feet stepping on branches and rocks
<FullMetalBitch> stopped hurting her about the second bullet. Somewhere in her mind is the regret of Andrea, but she pushes it away for now.
<Piper> Jill the girl with the ability to phase through walls poked her head through the outer wall to watch Lilith run away, bullets flying. "Run, forest! Run!" She was in the same special ed class as Twelve.
<FullMetalBitch> As she gasps out a breath, blood sputtering out of her mouth and spittling onto her formerly white shirt. She's slowing down, she needs to rest. Just a minute to catch her breath. Slumping down with her back to a tree, she closes her eyes. Her breath is wheezing and is painful with every little motion. Somewhere she thinks of Allah, muttering the quick words of a prayer she knew
<FullMetalBitch> as a child. To keep her safe from the creatures in the night. She just wants to be safe, she is tired of running and being scared. She just prays someone would help her.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith tries to pick herself up, to keep running. Her muscles fail her however and she stays agains the tree. Her hand, the one that is still moving, reaches to the hole in her gut and holds over it. Red rushing through the cracks of the fingers and staining her olive skin. Her head tilts back and her frazzled hair leans against the dark of the tree behind her. Sunlight breaks
<FullMetalBitch> through the leaves and washes over her still body. Only the heaves of her pained breaths coming through. "Lucette," she mutters to herself, "enta habibi." The words circle around her and are drowned out by the sound of the lively forest.
<FullMetalBitch> "I am so sorry," Lilith says as she closes her eyes. Conciousness slips away from her, and she is still.
<Uracilo> Later in the day, maybe minutes, maybe hours, Lilith awakens, and feels the constant jostle of someone carrying her. She's in the arms of a man in a colorful bodysuit, whose boots leave pretty deep tracks on the dirt. He mutters something in german, clearly trying to find something as he jogs.
<FullMetalBitch> Lilith's hand slips around to lay on the man's bodysuit. Her emerald eyes glancing up to try and looks at the man. She wants to fight, she wants to get away from him and escape. "No," she says to him. Her voice hoarse and scratchy from her injuries and exhaustion. "I can not go back," she says as she lays her head against him and closes her eyes for a reprieve. Opening them a crack
<FullMetalBitch> she looks back up to him and tries to plead but other a pained cough comes out.
<FullMetalBitch> look*
<FullMetalBitch> instead* not other
<Uracilo> Gesundheit doesn't stop, but he looks at her from the corner of his eye from a few moments. He shakes his head. "Not taking you back, not when you are like this, hurt and damaged. Rest, child."
<FullMetalBitch> With that simple assurance, she lays her head back against him and slips again into the darkness. Away from everything, away from the pain. It is an uneasy rest, but it is free.
<FullMetalBitch> -Scene Break-
<Uracilo> He finally reaches a hurriedly scratched mark on the bark of a tree, and stands in a spot marked by a rock. "The garten will keep watch."
<Uracilo> -Scene break-

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License