Just Fuck My Shit Up

Mar 11 18:48:30 <gumbal1> -THERE'S A CANCER IN THE WATER, THERE'S A HOLE IN MY HEART, THE GROUND SHAKES BENEATH, BUT THE CLOUDS REFUSE TO PART-
Mar 11 18:54:42 <Antichthon> A black woman in brilliant orange power armor, an apathetic octogenarian with an epic beard, and an uncomfortable-looking and casually dressed latino man were there. "…Anyone else hear that?" the woman asked. The octogenarian was unresponsive. The younger man ghrugged.
Mar 11 18:55:01 <gumbal1> There's a sort of disconnect between hearing about something, looking at images of the thing, and actually witnessing it in person. The first clarifies the facts, but will never clarify the emotional context. The second clarifies its form, yet scales down the intensity of the true thing. Only at the latter end is truth know to an observer. Perhaps that's what the students, perhaps even the firewatch members, feel as they approach the ruined Ga
Mar 11 18:55:01 <gumbal1> rvey Farmhouse estate, dimly illuminated by a fading sun, light filtering through an overcast sky. That the Mojave wind hasn't blown the farmhouse between California and Arizona is either a miracle or a curse, perhaps both. The cottage, the farmhouse, little more than skeletons of what they once were, paint faded, touched not even by your garden variety graffiti artist. Given the heavy, invisible cloud of contempt that seems to hang over this
Mar 11 18:55:01 <gumbal1> ruined piece of land, it's easy to feel why. The holes left by the tunnel snakes haven't been filled in, but in the metaphorical and literal shadow of that tall, haunting Silo? Maybe there's a reason.
Mar 11 18:56:18 <Silvy> Cecile did a quick run-through. Knife? Check. Vanilla? Check. Pills to keep her from having a panic attack? Double check. Little leather ensemble to help her not die horribly? Yes! Okay. The girl hopped up and brushed at her shoulders, looking at Vanilla and shuddering out a breath. Last time had been god awful and now… Cecile looked at the two pills and promptly popped them into her mouth to get rid of her panic and
Mar 11 18:56:18 <Silvy> fear. No reason to have a panic attack, r-right? Cecile breathed out as the five seconds passed and she felt an unnatural calm wash over her.
Mar 11 18:57:39 <Nemi> * "Why, I wonder, must we come here at night's fall?" Ellie wonders aloud. She's in jeans, a tee shirt, and a hoodie- unusual affair for her, but she wanted to dress disposable. She flexes her fingers and cricks her neck, artificially producing the sound in her throat when she remembers she has no bones to crack and pop. "It feels delicious." Contempt? Yum.
Mar 11 18:57:57 <SavanahHolland> Branwen stands there, standing closer to the adults and Ellie, the few that she knew, sorta. Shaking a bit- maybe she should have made Madoc come, but he was sleeping and he wouldn't get up! Branwen can't fight at all, is it too late to mention that? Nervousness overcoming her, she's going to die here. Oh God. Putting her hands together, a little prayer.
Mar 11 18:58:18 <Kadmus> Conn stands calmly, a little solid wall of bone and muscle and scars, hands loose by his sides and shemagh fluttering slightly in the wind. He shrugs. "It'll be fine, weh," he says, smiling broadly.
Mar 11 18:58:35 <Antichthon> "'Cancer in the water?'" The woman continued. She'd introduced herself to the students as Hellfire. "'Hole in my heart?' Just me?" The octogenarian, introduced as Flare, remained in don't-give-a-fuck-land. THe last, younger man, introduced as Hearth, shrugged again helplessly. "I don't…" He started. Trailed off.
Mar 11 18:59:47 * PuddleJumper (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:thmq:hkhs:uvvp:uygm:sxmx) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Mar 11 19:00:24 * Sillyvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.397-848-062-467|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.397-848-062-467|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Mar 11 19:01:06 * Sillyvors is now known as Silvors
Mar 11 19:01:31 <Silvors> "I'm sure we can handle it." Cecile spoke as she shifted her knife between various forms.
Mar 11 19:01:32 <Nemi> "Not sure I get it, sorry."
Mar 11 19:01:45 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Silvors
Mar 11 19:01:53 * Silvy has quit (Killed (NickServ (GHOST command used by Silvors)))
Mar 11 19:01:55 * Silvors is now known as Silvy
Mar 11 19:02:33 <SavanahHolland> Branwen holds a pocket bible to her chest after fishing it out of her chest, letting out wheezes, at least it wasn't bright, in this area she was just begging for a sunburn.
Mar 11 19:02:47 <SpookyBee> Margo makes herself present, clanking in with freshly-polished plate and her sword slung across her back. "I hear nothing but the night air, mm?"
Mar 11 19:03:10 <SavanahHolland> *fishing it out of her satchel
Mar 11 19:03:40 <Antichthon> Hellfire dropped it. She turned to face the children. She towered over most of them, a high-tech valyrie of fire, a voice of power. "Students, this is an opportunity for you all to take part in a true battle. Myself and Flare will provide protection. Hearth," she pointed to the average, nervous looking man shuffing his feet, "Will provide healing. But overall tactics, and the
Mar 11 19:03:40 <Antichthon> responsibility for bringing down this entity, will fall on your shoulders." Hellfire waited a moment for her words to sink in. "Who here volunteers to be the leader if this group?"
Mar 11 19:04:02 <SpookyBee> *redact
Mar 11 19:04:35 <Nemi> * Ellie folds her hands behind her back and smiles softly. She notably doesn't volunteer, though few would say she was ill-suited to the role.
Mar 11 19:05:18 <Kadmus> Conn gives a cheerful smile and takes a deliberate step back. Nope, he is /not/ leadership material. He's here to heal people and- well, that's it, really.
Mar 11 19:05:49 <SavanahHolland> Branwen stands there with eyes as wide as plates, looking to Ellie, and the others. Wheeeeze.
Mar 11 19:05:54 <Silvy> Cecile swallowed and looked between her and the others. She probably wasn't leader material, right? That was more Ellie's schtick since she had bigger boobs. What do you mean that's not how it worked? She rocked on her heels and, upon seeing Ellie not do so and Conn, she tenatively rose a hand. She made sure to lower it if anyone else rose theirs.
Mar 11 19:07:21 <PuddleJumper> Skix hung back waiting to see who stepped forward…it surely wasent going to be her.
Mar 11 19:07:54 <Silvy> Well then it was Cecile who looked around as she rose her hand.
Mar 11 19:08:52 <Antichthon> Hellfire nodded at Cecile. "Do you all accept Cecile as your leader in this fight?"
Mar 11 19:09:16 <SavanahHolland> "Y- yes" Branwen mumbles, looking like she's ready to just straight up cry.
Mar 11 19:10:00 <Nemi> "Very well," Ellie says, cheerfully. A hand goes to Branwen's shoulder, rubbing it gently.
Mar 11 19:10:07 <Kadmus> Conn nods. "Weh," he says. "And call out if you need healing. I will help with what I can."
Mar 11 19:10:39 <Silvy> Cecile looked at the others, she didn't feel nervous but she felt like she should feel nervous. Cecile would offer Branwen one of her calming pills but, well, she only brought two and already downed both of them.
Mar 11 19:11:20 <PuddleJumper> Skix looked around surprised, she was expecting athene or someone to stand up. Where was Athene when she needed her. "You sure you got this Cecile? I can do by best to keep everyone safe…"
Mar 11 19:11:36 <SavanahHolland> It likely wouldn't be the best idea, medication interaction can be deadly, and Branwen doesn't like dying. She moves closer to Ellie, the hand somewhat comforting.
Mar 11 19:12:39 <Antichthon> Hellfire put her armored hands behind her back. "One final warning, in case you missed the others: This is a real fight. This is the sort of thing a professional unit such as FIrewatch would normally be dispatched to handle. We do not know how powerful this entity is. It may be beyond us, it may be below us. You are risking death and dismemberment, as stated on the waivers you
Mar 11 19:12:40 <Antichthon> have all signed. If I declare a retreat, run. It may be yur only chance of surivival. Now. Anyone want to back out before we get started?"
Mar 11 19:12:41 <Nemi> "May I suggest that miss Branwen please stay with our Firewatch escorts? I don't believe she's suited to this, nor does she want to be here."
Mar 11 19:13:57 <Antichthon> Hellfire fixed her gaze on Ellie and Branwen. "She came of her own free will. She signed the papers. And If she wants to leave, she can leave." To just Branwen now. "If you do stay, try not to get in the way."
Mar 11 19:14:31 <SavanahHolland> Branwen bites her lip, looking down and twiddling her thumbs. People might think she's a coward, she's not a coward. She just stands there, staring as her heart beats faster, voice stuck in her throat.
Mar 11 19:14:55 * Sillyvors (ten.ralugnicym.157-888-362-652-mwkjzb|srovliS#ten.ralugnicym.157-888-362-652-mwkjzb|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Mar 11 19:16:05 * Silvy has quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
Mar 11 19:17:11 <PuddleJumper> Skix messed with the straps on her jacket, looking around…Cecile may be a bit emotional but she knew from experience she could fight…Bran looked like a slippery pool floor was about her danger level…she tried not to underestimate her. She smiled at Con and waved. "Trying not to die is starting to almost be like second nature…mostly." she joked laughing nervously
Mar 11 19:17:56 <Nemi> "Very well." Ellie flexes her fingers again and otherwise settles in. "I'm ready."
Mar 11 19:18:16 <Antichthon> Hellfire waited, giving anyone ample time to speak up. When no one did, she nodded. "Okay. Cecile, you're in command of your team. Their lives are in your hands. Flare. Hearth." Together the three Firewatch Operatives collected the three idols and began the ritual.
Mar 11 19:19:10 <gumbal1> …and, very suddenly, the cloud of utter comtempt seems to disappate, leaving the eight of them in a normal, if dilapidated, farmhouse.
Mar 11 19:19:37 * Sillyvors has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Mar 11 19:19:54 <SavanahHolland> Branwen blinks, her jaw open wide. She was going to die here. She was going to die.
Mar 11 19:19:55 <Kadmus> "Well," Conn says. "That's not ominous /at all/."
Mar 11 19:19:59 * Sillyvors (ten.ralugnicym.157-888-362-652-mwkjzb|srovliS#ten.ralugnicym.157-888-362-652-mwkjzb|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Mar 11 19:20:09 <Nemi> * "Huh." Ellie looks around, and tries to reach her will outward to see if it can pick up anything.
Mar 11 19:20:40 * Sillyvors is now known as Silvy
Mar 11 19:20:55 <gumbal1> …but you're standing on the surface. Ellie, in all her clarity, can sense that something from below is shooting upwards, very, very fast.
Mar 11 19:22:11 <PuddleJumper> Skix closed her eyes and took a deep breath…the place was no less freeky then the last time she was here…she was sure there should be something inspiring about tieing up loose ends…but really she just hoped nobody died…at least they had professionals with them this time. "Ok…look out for eachother!"
Mar 11 19:22:21 <Nemi> * "Incoming from below."
Mar 11 19:22:51 <PuddleJumper> She Stood close to Bran, judging her to be the most likely for her to need help
Mar 11 19:23:01 <Antichthon> The operatives exist but don't expect them to say much. They're just here to keep students alive.
Mar 11 19:23:26 <SavanahHolland> At least Bran wasn't stuck in a splint, she could move. "B- below??" she squeals "I- I can't fly."
Mar 11 19:24:16 <PuddleJumper> Skix smiled and shifted on her claws. "Try not to start today…if you find yourself in the air yer doin it wrong."
Mar 11 19:25:25 <Silvy> Cecile moved, "U-Um… Everyone get to the sides of the silo!"
Mar 11 19:25:50 <SavanahHolland> At that, Branwen scurries to the sides! She refuses to die!
Mar 11 19:26:17 <gumbal1> And suddenly, the cloud of contempt reemerges, smaller in radius from its centerpoint at the Silo, sure, but far, far stronger. Indeed, the Silo itself appears to be losing color, eventually seeming as if drenched in the blackest paint possible.
Mar 11 19:27:06 <PuddleJumper> Skix gave a low whine of fear, crouching down low "Ohhh poop."
Mar 11 19:27:39 <SavanahHolland> "Oh my god, Oh my god.." she whines
Mar 11 19:27:46 <PuddleJumper> She backed up and followed Cecile's orders edging off and to the side, staying in front of Bran
Mar 11 19:27:56 <Kadmus> Conn mutters something about 'russian roulette' under his breath, shakes his head, and squares his shoulders, backing up to join the others.
Mar 11 19:28:01 <Nemi> * Ellie veeery carefully backs off from the centre of the silo!
Mar 11 19:28:14 <Silvy> Cecile swallows and grips her knife tighter, turning it into a sort of gladius as she backs up from the center of the silo.
Mar 11 19:28:47 <Antichthon> The operatives joined the group away from the silo.
Mar 11 19:29:09 <gumbal1> …it would be wrong to say that the pale, sneering face, as if a cross betwen a Boschian demon and a guardian of Jigoku, that you all suddenly see on the silo suddenly appeared. Indeed, part of you may feel as if it had always been there, hiding, waiting. Even so, it seems to lack a spacial point in its existence, seemingly staring right at all of you, from the same angle. Straight forward. Leering.
Mar 11 19:29:56 <SavanahHolland> Branwen isn't really sure what to do, in her blank mind, waving seemed like the right thing to do.
Mar 11 19:30:05 <SavanahHolland> Oh god please don't murder the friendly albino.
Mar 11 19:30:50 <Nemi> * Ellie reaches her mind out as she stares at the strange face, unafraid, unmoved, grasping at any tendrils of emotion and consciousness she can find amongst the presence. She smiles faintly.
Mar 11 19:30:56 <PuddleJumper> Skix stood with her mouth open…jeezus!
Mar 11 19:31:24 <Silvy> Cecile gripped her sword and looked at the others, "You there, um, stop being evil?" Cecile asked as she looked over at the Firewatch operatives for advice on what to say.
Mar 11 19:31:35 <gumbal1> Ellie feels too many and not enough at once. A thousand examples, expendable, and not a single one of note.
Mar 11 19:32:15 <Nemi> "Huh," Ellie says, aloud, as she folds her arms in bemusement.
Mar 11 19:32:37 <Antichthon> Cecile would get no advice.
Mar 11 19:32:45 <PuddleJumper> Skix whispers…high pitched and tightly to Ellie. "Can we hurt it…or is it a thought thing?"
Mar 11 19:33:12 <Kadmus> Conn's face is still wearing that cheerful smile. Smile in the face of fear, smile in teh face of death, smile in the face of your enemies - smiling is always the answer. "Well, per'aps someone could shoot it?" He offers.
Mar 11 19:33:32 <Nemi> "It's just a little mass of.. thousand little nothings. Just contempt. Interesting."
Mar 11 19:33:53 <SavanahHolland> "I- It's creepy.."
Mar 11 19:33:55 <Silvy> "Should I stab it?" Cecile asked, looking at the others.
Mar 11 19:35:50 <gumbal1> "DO YOU THINK" Something croaks, heard clearly by all of you, yet silent as a prison. "IF I SEPERATE THE NEOPHYTES. FROM THE VIGILANTES. ONE WILL DIE?"
Mar 11 19:36:48 <SavanahHolland> "W- what?"
Mar 11 19:36:54 <Antichthon> A few subtle movements that might be signals between the operatives, but they otherwise remained opaque.
Mar 11 19:37:33 <Silvy> "What's a neophyte?" Cecile asked as she looked at the others.
Mar 11 19:37:41 <PuddleJumper> Skix made a low whine her hands clenching and unclenching…she was pretty sure that that sounded bad…she looked over the Firewatch people trying to see how they reacted….then waited for Cecile for orders…"Yer in charge Cecile…its gonna try and keep us away from the professionals, lets not let em do that! We are!"
Mar 11 19:41:33 <Silvy> "Um… w-well is our mission to kill it? If we're supposed to kill it we have to attack it, right?"
Mar 11 19:41:57 <gumbal1> "IN THE DISTANCE. AND HERE. A CLOUD OF GREED, FOURTY THOUSAND WASTERELS, A MILLION DEGENERATES. HERE BEFORE ME. WHORES. MEAT, PERHAPS, A BUFFER OF FAT, GRISTLE. AGAINST YOU. COURIERS, DELIVERING PRIDE, PRIDE OF MORTAL MEN."
Mar 11 19:42:41 <Kadmus> "Please do, Cecile," Conn says. "It is annoying, and it may be using this time to set up an 'orrible trap."
Mar 11 19:42:46 <PuddleJumper> Skix looked around. "Athene isnt here…and it sounds bad…we should try to kill it, and not die."
Mar 11 19:42:47 <Nemi> "I'll have you know nobody's ever paid me for sex. Maybe one or two parts of me, but still." Ellie sniffs melodramatically.
Mar 11 19:43:13 <gumbal1> "EIGHTY YEARS OF GOLD, FOR AN ETERNITY OF NICKEL."
Mar 11 19:43:21 <SavanahHolland> "I'm n- not a whore!" Branwen hisses
Mar 11 19:43:39 <gumbal1> "SEVEN HUNDRED YEARS OF MARBLE, FOR THE SAME REWARD."
Mar 11 19:43:40 <Silvy> "I'm actually a girl," Cecile replied as she readied her sword. "I haven't been paid for sex either, f-for the record." Cecile spoke before going to nod her head and charge at the thing.
Mar 11 19:43:47 <Nemi> "God-" Ellie looks to the Firewatch operatives. "Please tell me I wasn't this obnoxiously cryptic the last time you had to take me down, please?"
Mar 11 19:44:16 <SavanahHolland> "I- its starting to give me a headache.." she mumbles
Mar 11 19:44:50 <Antichthon> Hearth scratched his hair and gave Ellie a hesitant smile, but that was it.
Mar 11 19:45:20 <Nemi> * Ellie gives a wan grin at Hearth before turning back to the silo. She tilts her head and listens, thoughtful as she carefully monitors the general 'state' of the structure, if she can.
Mar 11 19:46:29 <gumbal1> "NOTHING SHALL LIFT YOU. AS MEN LIKE YOU LIVE." It's no longer a silo, that's for certain. Whatever this thing is, that's what the silo is, now.
Mar 11 19:46:59 <Nemi> * "Okay, word of advice I built up over a long time: Your ominous and epic speeches work a lot better when they make /sense/, okay?"
Mar 11 19:47:15 <Silvy> Cecile's going to hit it in its face. "And I'm not a guy! I am a girl!"
Mar 11 19:47:25 <Silvy> Cecile's going to stab it in the face. Or one of the faces.
Mar 11 19:47:41 <SavanahHolland> Branwen takes a step forward, wanting to see the result of face hitting!
Mar 11 19:47:43 <Kadmus> "This will hurt you significantly more than it will hurt me!" Conn declares cheerfully, having finally come up with what he feels to be a great one-liner.
Mar 11 19:48:00 <gumbal1> Welp, Cecile just made y'all roll initiative.
Mar 11 19:48:07 <PuddleJumper> Skix didnt want to make the thing angry..er…but she agreed. She had no idea what the thing was but she didnt like it!…she had no one liner…she just followed the others grimly.
Mar 11 19:48:10 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 19:48:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 19:48:24 <PuddleJumper> r 12
Mar 11 19:48:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 19:48:29 <Nemi> r 5
Mar 11 19:48:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 5 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 19:48:29 <Silvy> r 9
Mar 11 19:48:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 4 4 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 19:48:38 <Kadmus> r 5
Mar 11 19:48:38 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 19:49:07 <SavanahHolland> r 8
Mar 11 19:49:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 19:49:15 <Antichthon> r 13 Flare
Mar 11 19:49:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 19:49:20 <Antichthon> r 12 Hellfire
Mar 11 19:49:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 19:49:24 <Antichthon> r 8 Hearth
Mar 11 19:49:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 19:51:11 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: MALIEL> FLARE > SKIX > HELLFIRE > CECILE > BRANWEN > HEARTH > ELLIE > CONN
Mar 11 19:51:33 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN ONE
Mar 11 19:51:50 <gumbal1> Seemingly, Maliel does nothing as Cecile charges its face.
Mar 11 19:51:58 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN TWO
Mar 11 19:52:27 <gumbal1> …the earth below you seems to tremble.
Mar 11 19:52:32 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 19:52:54 <Antichthon> Flare's minor and major actions are set for intercept. Done.
Mar 11 19:53:07 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 19:54:09 <PuddleJumper> Skix's minor action is set for intercept, Seeing she was the quickest out of the gate she with a roar that is more fear then anything she slashes at the madness in front of her with her claws…there was only one way to test it
Mar 11 19:54:27 <PuddleJumper> r 15 (7d 0ap)
Mar 11 19:54:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 19:55:11 <gumbal1> r 16 The thing before them doesn't even move.
Mar 11 19:55:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 19:56:05 <gumbal1> …you scratch it.
Mar 11 19:56:14 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 19:56:17 <Antichthon> Hellfire's minor and major actions are set for intercept. Done.
Mar 11 19:56:26 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 19:56:47 <Silvy> Cecile is going to STAB IT IN THE KIDNEY! Or, well, if that's not visible she'll settle for the face.
Mar 11 19:56:52 <Silvy> r 16
Mar 11 19:56:52 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 19:57:08 <gumbal1> r 20 It opens its mouth. There's nothing inside.
Mar 11 19:57:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 19:57:18 <Silvy> Her spear is medium sized and counts as a material for material weaknesses, for the record.
Mar 11 19:57:49 <gumbal1> Cecile finds herself swallowed by the thing before she can strike. It's dark.
Mar 11 19:58:02 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN
Mar 11 19:58:27 <SavanahHolland> Branwen panics, not sure what to do, but she's not letting another student get eaten! She runs over, trying to pull Cecile out!
Mar 11 19:59:38 <gumbal1> > ROLL AGILITY OR GYMNASTICS
Mar 11 20:00:48 <SavanahHolland> r 2
Mar 11 20:00:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 6 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 20:01:36 <gumbal1> A valiant effort. A complete and utter failure, sure, but a valient effort nonetheless.
Mar 11 20:01:39 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 20:01:43 <Antichthon> Hearth delays his action until someone is wounded. Done.
Mar 11 20:01:52 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 20:02:45 <PuddleJumper> Her leader eaten before they could even land a hit…Skix yelled out. "We gotta get her outta there!"
Mar 11 20:03:23 <Nemi> * Ellie focuses her attention on the Silo Thing, and attempts to start unraveling its mental defenses.
Mar 11 20:03:26 <Nemi> r 12
Mar 11 20:03:26 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:03:28 <SavanahHolland> Branwen hasn't exactly given up, but she's failing, badly.
Mar 11 20:05:24 <gumbal1> r 15
Mar 11 20:05:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 20:05:41 <gumbal1> The thing stays right where it is, and stays just like it wants to.
Mar 11 20:05:45 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 20:05:48 <Kadmus> Conn delays his action unitl someone is wounded. Done.
Mar 11 20:05:55 <Kadmus> *until
Mar 11 20:06:00 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN TWO
Mar 11 20:06:30 <PuddleJumper> Skix yelled out to the firewatch people "Get her out of there!"
Mar 11 20:07:32 <gumbal1> Something emerges from the silo. A long, quiverying, hoofed arm, soaked in fluid whose stench may remind farmhands of a calf's birth. It's pointed right at…Ellie.
Mar 11 20:07:39 <gumbal1> > DODGE OR TANK
Mar 11 20:07:41 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:07:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 20:07:45 <Antichthon> Hellfire Intercepts!
Mar 11 20:07:58 <Antichthon> Major action intercept, +6!
Mar 11 20:08:14 <Antichthon> r 32
Mar 11 20:08:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 32 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:08:24 <Antichthon> Minor action intercept added, +3!
Mar 11 20:08:27 <Antichthon> r 29
Mar 11 20:08:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 29 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 20:08:38 <Antichthon> Intercept successful. Hellifre Tanks!
Mar 11 20:08:39 <Nemi> "Huh." says Ellie.
Mar 11 20:09:01 <Antichthon> r 23
Mar 11 20:09:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 20:09:24 <PuddleJumper> Skix does not like what she is smelling or seeing…making a startled raptor bark as the afterbirth thing flies past her
Mar 11 20:09:32 <gumbal1> (8bd, 0 ap)
Mar 11 20:09:42 <Antichthon> No Damage!
Mar 11 20:10:14 <gumbal1> Hellfire feels nothing. (no damage, 1 guilt token)
Mar 11 20:10:17 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 20:10:29 <Antichthon> Hellfire, all business, deflected the hoofed arm with a massive punch, before returning to her position. She did feel a little guilty, though.
Mar 11 20:11:02 <Antichthon> Flare delays his action.
Mar 11 20:11:05 <Antichthon> Done.
Mar 11 20:11:17 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN 2
Mar 11 20:11:50 <gumbal1> Once more, the earth seems to tremble. It seems to be getting worse. (ranged attacks taken from the ground suffer -1 dice to roll)
Mar 11 20:11:54 <gumbal1> > skix
Mar 11 20:12:23 <PuddleJumper> Skix tries to rescue Cecile
Mar 11 20:12:48 <PuddleJumper> minor action set for intercept
Mar 11 20:12:52 <gumbal1> The mouth has closed completely, now. Roll brawn instead, to pry it open.
Mar 11 20:13:07 <Nemi> * Ellie wobbles a bit on the ground but otherwise doesn't seem bothered too much.
Mar 11 20:13:34 <PuddleJumper> r 12
Mar 11 20:13:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 5 5 4 4 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:13:53 <Kadmus> Conn is ready to jump into action any minute now. Any minute…
Mar 11 20:13:59 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:13:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:14:13 <gumbal1> And yet nothing happens.
Mar 11 20:14:21 <PuddleJumper> Skix straines as hard as she can, she cant seem to get a grip on the thing at all…
Mar 11 20:14:36 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE'S TURN EXPENDED, CECILE'S TURN, ROLL MENTAL DEFENSE, 1 GUILT TOKEN GAINED EITHER WAY
Mar 11 20:14:42 <Silvy> r 7
Mar 11 20:14:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 20:14:49 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:14:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 20:14:53 <Antichthon> (Hellfire used her last turn)
Mar 11 20:14:58 <Antichthon> (She still has this one)
Mar 11 20:15:07 <gumbal1> > fuck you're right
Mar 11 20:15:10 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 20:15:46 <Antichthon> Now, its Hellfire's turn to help Cecile. She shoots to the mouth on Ironman-like jets, putting her back into prying the mouth open.
Mar 11 20:15:51 <Antichthon> r 23 4 effort!
Mar 11 20:15:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 20:16:00 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:16:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 20:16:05 <gumbal1> No dice.
Mar 11 20:16:16 <gumbal1> > CECILE'S TURN, SHE ROLLED ALREADY SO
Mar 11 20:16:36 <gumbal1> > ROLL MENTAL DAMAGE RESISTANCE
Mar 11 20:17:22 <Silvy> r 4
Mar 11 20:17:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 5 5 4 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:17:47 <gumbal1> -4 Psyche. Make your move.
Mar 11 20:18:23 <Silvy> Cecile is going to try and slice herself open, sort of like a c-section but if the baby was conscious and cutting its mother's stomach open. 4 Effort.
Mar 11 20:18:24 <Silvy> r 20
Mar 11 20:18:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 20:18:30 <Silvy> err
Mar 11 20:18:36 <Silvy> Slice the monster's stomach open
Mar 11 20:18:38 <Silvy> To free herself
Mar 11 20:18:44 <Silvy> she is not cutting herself.
Mar 11 20:19:15 <gumbal1> r 16 There is no stomach. You're alone, in the dark. There is nothing.
Mar 11 20:19:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 20:19:58 <Silvy> Still a medium weapon so 6d and it counts as every material for the sake of material weaknesses.
Mar 11 20:20:09 <Silvy> err
Mar 11 20:20:11 <Silvy> 5 damage
Mar 11 20:20:29 <Antichthon> Hearth takes his delayed action after Cecile's turn!
Mar 11 20:21:03 <gumbal1> Cecile cuts a small hole out of the silo thing. At best, she could put her arm through it, but it's a start.
Mar 11 20:21:18 <Silvy> Then she's sticking her arm through that hole, damn it.
Mar 11 20:21:37 <gumbal1> > Alright. Branwen
Mar 11 20:21:45 <Antichthon> > Hearth is taking his delayed action
Mar 11 20:22:16 <gumbal1> > Oops
Mar 11 20:22:22 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 20:23:15 <Antichthon> Nervously, Hearth stepped up to the big maw holding Cecile captive. Now, Hellfire was a brute of a woman, blessed with a power eerily similar to Callum's. And she was much stronger than Callum, to boot. Turns out? This average looking man from Columbia was even stronger. With one hand, he tried to pry the mouth open.
Mar 11 20:23:20 <Antichthon> r 23
Mar 11 20:23:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 20:23:41 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:23:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 20:24:18 <gumbal1> This would be amusing if Maliel had the capacity to recognize humor.
Mar 11 20:24:22 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN
Mar 11 20:25:11 <SavanahHolland> Branwen squeaks, moving up to try to throw punches right above the mouth, hoping it'll open up with PAIN™
Mar 11 20:25:17 <SavanahHolland> r 1
Mar 11 20:25:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 6 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 20:25:27 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:25:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:26:27 <gumbal1> Just as Branwen approaches, the mouth opens up, licking her with a thick mass of semisolid…something, before closing back up. It feels really gross (1 guilt token recieved)
Mar 11 20:26:40 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 20:27:52 <SavanahHolland> "Ewewewew ewww" Branwen squeals
Mar 11 20:28:35 <Antichthon> Hearth did not like it when his efforts to help someone in need were denied. He went from nervous to upset. Also, his arm exploded open, forming itself into a steel-boned floor jack, and pried the mouth open.
Mar 11 20:28:38 <PuddleJumper> Skix watches Bran's try…fuuuuuck this was going badly!
Mar 11 20:28:38 <Antichthon> r 27 4 effort!
Mar 11 20:28:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:29:29 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:29:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 20:29:39 <gumbal1> How strong is this thing, anyways?
Mar 11 20:29:43 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 20:29:52 <Kadmus> Conn will take his delayed action!
Mar 11 20:30:27 <Nemi> * Ellie turns her attention to prying to pry the big MOUF open with her terrifying mind powers but it probably won't work because whatever. Effort 3. W/e.
Mar 11 20:30:31 <Nemi> r 15
Mar 11 20:30:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:30:36 * Nemi goes back to sleep.
Mar 11 20:31:10 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:31:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 20:31:23 <gumbal1> Almost had it, there.
Mar 11 20:31:27 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 20:31:45 <Nemi> * Ellie rolls her eyes and turns to wander off.
Mar 11 20:31:49 <Kadmus> Conn moves to try and pry open the injury Cecile has cut in the thing!
Mar 11 20:33:35 <Antichthon> > Flare will take his delayed action after Conn.
Mar 11 20:33:56 <gumbal1> > roll strength, or melee
Mar 11 20:34:09 <Kadmus> r 10
Mar 11 20:34:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 20:34:16 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:34:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:34:29 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 20:36:50 <Antichthon> Flare, the ancient man who looked like he'd fall apart from a stiff breeze, spoke with a thick Russian accent. "This is pathetic." His fists moved so fast they were invisible. The hole Cecile had made in the mouth, though? It would sure as hell feel it as his adamantine fists widened it.
Mar 11 20:36:56 <Antichthon> r 22 4 effort!
Mar 11 20:36:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 20:37:04 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:37:04 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:37:18 <Antichthon> (8d 0ap)
Mar 11 20:37:43 <gumbal1> The hole breaks open, and out spills Cecile.
Mar 11 20:37:49 <gumbal1> > CONN, AGAIN, I'M ASSUMING
Mar 11 20:38:03 <Kadmus> Conn will delay. Done
Mar 11 20:38:19 <Silvy> Cecile crawls forward, "I-I could've g-gotten out on my own." She says, skittering away from the thing's mouth.
Mar 11 20:38:26 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN ONE
Mar 11 20:38:47 <Antichthon> "Oh, right. The, uh. Hole." Hearth looked rather ashamed.
Mar 11 20:39:25 <gumbal1> Yet another limb, that like the broken pincer of a scorpion, shoots out to slash at Cecile as she spills out. Then again, this was at least better than outright losing the arm she shoved outside the hole.
Mar 11 20:39:30 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:39:30 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:39:45 <Antichthon> Minor action intercept from Hellfire, +3!
Mar 11 20:39:55 <Antichthon> r 29
Mar 11 20:39:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 29 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
Mar 11 20:39:56 <gumbal1> (8d 0ap)
Mar 11 20:40:03 <Antichthon> Interecept successful!
Mar 11 20:40:10 <Antichthon> r 23
Mar 11 20:40:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 20:40:13 <Antichthon> No Damage!
Mar 11 20:40:42 <gumbal1> The blade of the pincer is deflected, and once more, Hellfire feels nothing. (1 guilt token)
Mar 11 20:40:48 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN 2
Mar 11 20:40:59 <gumbal1> The tremors continue.
Mar 11 20:41:02 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 20:41:15 <Antichthon> Flare delays his action, setting minor action for intercept.
Mar 11 20:41:26 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 20:42:11 <PuddleJumper> Skix attacks with claws trying to cause more damage where the hole has been torn…she cant tell if it hurt the thing or not but shes trying to cause as much as she can.
Mar 11 20:42:30 <PuddleJumper> ready minor action for intercept.
Mar 11 20:42:34 <PuddleJumper> r 15
Mar 11 20:42:35 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 20:42:46 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:42:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:43:23 <gumbal1> You feel like any damage here was superficial at best.
Mar 11 20:43:26 <gumbal1> >HELLFIRE
Mar 11 20:43:30 <Antichthon> Hellfire glows with some internal power, not happy with the whole mouth debacle.
Mar 11 20:43:42 <Antichthon> r 17 Brawn Boost
Mar 11 20:43:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:43:51 <Antichthon> +4 brawn for 4 rounds. Done.
Mar 11 20:43:58 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 20:44:29 <Silvy> Cecile's going to turn her sword into a BIGGER GOD DAMN SWORD and try to use weight and shit to cut that motha fucka.
Mar 11 20:44:31 <Silvy> r 16
Mar 11 20:44:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 20:44:43 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 20:44:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:46:21 <gumbal1> No dice. It seems to bounce off.
Mar 11 20:46:25 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN
Mar 11 20:47:19 <SavanahHolland> This is scary, and she's covered in.. muck. She tries again, punching the thing Cecile is still trying to murder!
Mar 11 20:47:23 <SavanahHolland> r 1
Mar 11 20:47:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 20:47:58 <gumbal1> I award you no damage, and may G-d have mercy on Branwen.
Mar 11 20:48:02 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 20:48:15 <Kadmus> Conn will take his delayed action after Hearth goes!
Mar 11 20:48:17 <Silvy> "Branwen, what are your powers!?"
Mar 11 20:48:37 <SavanahHolland> "I d- don't r- really know!" she squeals
Mar 11 20:48:51 <Antichthon> Cecile will feel a warm glow as Hearth heals her psyche damage.
Mar 11 20:48:59 <Antichthon> r 22
Mar 11 20:48:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 20:49:08 <Antichthon> All psyche damage healed!
Mar 11 20:49:12 <Antichthon> Done.
Mar 11 20:49:23 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 20:49:46 <Kadmus> Conn spends 1 HP to gain 3 Effort. Done.
Mar 11 20:49:47 <Kadmus> "Per'aps try lighting the structure on fire!" Conn shouts, hoping that /something/ might hurt this thing.
Mar 11 20:51:07 <gumbal1> > ellie
Mar 11 20:51:25 <Nemi> * "You know, I'm usually more clever than this," Ellie comments as she peers at it. "But I'm really designed to fuck up humans, not whatever this is."
Mar 11 20:52:04 <Nemi> * Ellie is going to try to telekinetically boost Cecile's next sword attack if that's a thing she can do.
Mar 11 20:52:16 <gumbal1> It definitely is.
Mar 11 20:52:28 <Nemi> r 12
Mar 11 20:52:28 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 20:52:47 <gumbal1> > CECILE'S NEXT SWORD ATTACK GAINS +5 SUCCESSES
Mar 11 20:52:54 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 20:53:02 <Kadmus> Conn delays again. Done
Mar 11 20:53:11 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN ONE
Mar 11 20:54:16 <gumbal1> The thing's face twists, turning upside down, as this time, both of the summoned limbs spread out to attack Branwen and Cecile.
Mar 11 20:54:23 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:54:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 20:54:24 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 20:54:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:54:33 <Silvy> Vanilla is saving Cecile, which I assume is the second number.
Mar 11 20:54:49 <Antichthon> Hellfire Intercepts the attack on Branwen!
Mar 11 20:55:01 <Antichthon> +3 Readied minor action!
Mar 11 20:55:02 <Silvy> r 17
Mar 11 20:55:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:55:07 <Silvy> r 17
Mar 11 20:55:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:55:09 <SavanahHolland> Branwen ducks, rolling into a ball! Protection yo
Mar 11 20:55:11 <Antichthon> r 29
Mar 11 20:55:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 29 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
Mar 11 20:55:16 <Antichthon> Intercept success!
Mar 11 20:55:27 <Antichthon> r 23
Mar 11 20:55:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 23 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 20:55:40 <gumbal1> Cecile, as usual, feels nothing. (+1 guilt token)
Mar 11 20:55:41 <Antichthon> (actually +4 dice from brawon_
Mar 11 20:55:53 <SavanahHolland> (who is this brawon)
Mar 11 20:55:55 <Antichthon> Hellfire is starting to feel guilty.
Mar 11 20:56:36 <gumbal1> Indeed, they are. +1 guilt token.
Mar 11 20:56:42 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, TURN TWO
Mar 11 20:57:02 <gumbal1> And, very suddenly, the ground shifts. Everyone, roll to avoid a stun as the earth begins to crack beneath you.
Mar 11 20:57:51 <Antichthon> r 16 Flaire
Mar 11 20:57:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:57:54 <Antichthon> Flare*
Mar 11 20:58:00 <Antichthon> r 16 Hearth
Mar 11 20:58:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 20:58:03 <Antichthon> Hellfire is flying.
Mar 11 20:58:13 <gumbal1> r 10
Mar 11 20:58:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 20:58:15 <Kadmus> r 7
Mar 11 20:58:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 20:59:02 <SavanahHolland> r 3
Mar 11 20:59:02 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 5 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 20:59:23 <PuddleJumper> r 17
Mar 11 20:59:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:00:30 <Nemi> r 7
Mar 11 21:00:30 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 4 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 21:00:53 <Silvy> r 7
Mar 11 21:00:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:01:55 <PuddleJumper> r 12
Mar 11 21:01:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:01:58 <gumbal1> > CONN, BRANWEN, SKIX, CECILE, HEARTH, AND ELLIE HAVE DISADVANTAGE TO THEIR NEXT ROLLS AS THEY STRUGGLE TO MAINTAIN BALANCE
Mar 11 21:02:08 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 21:03:27 <Nemi> Ellie.. Doesn't.. Really care about balance since she's liquid but okay.
Mar 11 21:03:43 <gumbal1> > GOOD POINT ACTUALLY
Mar 11 21:04:28 <gumbal1> > ELLIE, ON ACCOUNT OF NOT HAVING A SPINE, IS EXEMPT
Mar 11 21:07:05 <Antichthon> The ancient Russian, unperturbed by the earthquake, spoke again. "I would suggest we take a more active roll in this, Da?" Hellfire gave a nod. Flare moved like the wind, and in moments a series of lightning punches would be delivered to the base of the silo; punches that would normally destroy such a building's foundation and send it toppling.
Mar 11 21:07:11 <Antichthon> r 20 2 effort!
Mar 11 21:07:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:07:37 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:07:38 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 21:07:38 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:07:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:08:13 <gumbal1> (base damage?_
Mar 11 21:08:26 <Antichthon> (8d 0ap)
Mar 11 21:09:08 <gumbal1> It actually does seem to crack, somewhat.
Mar 11 21:09:11 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 21:10:38 <PuddleJumper> Skix seeing that the thing is actually effected by something she decides that she may not be Athene…but she was no lightweight…she screams "Im gonna ram it!" Before charging headlong at the base of the silo shoulder down.
Mar 11 21:11:02 <PuddleJumper> minor action saved for intercept
Mar 11 21:12:19 <PuddleJumper> r 18 15+3 effort (7d 0ap)
Mar 11 21:12:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 21:12:33 <gumbal1> > AGAIN
Mar 11 21:12:58 <PuddleJumper> r 18
Mar 11 21:12:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 21:13:05 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:13:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 21:13:07 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:13:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:13:31 <gumbal1> The silo creaks as, once more, something breaks within it.
Mar 11 21:13:35 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 21:13:55 <Antichthon> Hellfire, pumped with power, shoots through the weakened base of the silo like a rocket.
Mar 11 21:14:03 <Antichthon> r 27 (10d 0ap)
Mar 11 21:14:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:14:13 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:14:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:14:14 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:14:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:15:01 <gumbal1> A giant hole is left through the base, and it looks like it's set to topple over in any minute.
Mar 11 21:15:09 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 21:16:32 <Nemi> "This reminds me of a video I saw of a silo demolition. Did you know they /implode/? You really don't want to be under one as it's falling, though."
Mar 11 21:17:14 <Antichthon> Hellfire was back. "Ellie's right, don't get trapped beneath it."
Mar 11 21:17:30 <Silvy> Cecile turns her megahammer into a knife, tosses it to Vanilla, and has Vanilla fly outside. It lifts the knife above its hands in a double grip and goes to /swing/, turning the knife into a giant hammer midway through so it could send the thing crashing down onto the beast while Cecile shouts, "GET OUT OF THE WAY!" And goes to run away from the soon to fall wall.
Mar 11 21:17:32 <Silvy> r 16
Mar 11 21:17:33 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 21:17:34 <Silvy> r 16
Mar 11 21:17:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:17:52 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:17:52 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:18:25 <Silvy> That's an 8 and 11 because of the +5
Mar 11 21:19:49 <Silvy> Can we change that giant hammer to a giant flail? I want to get the right giant wrecking ball image here.
Mar 11 21:19:54 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 21:19:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:20:11 <gumbal1> Right now, it's creaking really heavily. One good wind…
Mar 11 21:20:15 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN
Mar 11 21:21:25 <SavanahHolland> Branwen panics, still close to the thing that Zita got out of. The sound of tv static in her head, not really sure what to do. …Bite the thing, bite it. So she bites it.
Mar 11 21:22:01 <SavanahHolland> r 2
Mar 11 21:22:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 5 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 21:22:43 <gumbal1> …wow. You do…absolutely nothing. Are you happy, now, knowing you're a complete and utter idiot wi-
Mar 11 21:23:06 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN, ROLL TO AVOID AS THE SILO SUDDENLY BEGINS TO FALL DOWN IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION
Mar 11 21:23:26 <PuddleJumper> Skix uses her minor action to grab Bran out of the way!
Mar 11 21:23:29 <SavanahHolland> OH FUCK, SHe unbites and starts running for her life. WHEEEZES
Mar 11 21:23:56 <Silvy> (Can Cecile roll Spatial Warping to give Branwen a buff for this?)
Mar 11 21:24:17 <gumbal1> > (yes, but at a disadvantage)
Mar 11 21:24:23 <gumbal1> > ROLL, SKIX
Mar 11 21:24:33 <Silvy> r 12
Mar 11 21:24:33 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:24:35 <Silvy> r 12
Mar 11 21:24:35 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 5 5 5 5 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:25:02 <Silvy> 4 extra dice for 1 round
Mar 11 21:25:12 <Silvy> To anyone moving away from the Silo's fallzone
Mar 11 21:26:11 <PuddleJumper> r 14
Mar 11 21:26:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:26:19 <gumbal1> r 10
Mar 11 21:26:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:27:09 <PuddleJumper> Skix runs as fast as she can grabbing for her friend. sending clods of dirt flying her huge claws digging into the ground as she went
Mar 11 21:27:17 <gumbal1> …and when the sand clears, the two of you find that you haven't been completely steamrolled by the rapidly deblacking silo. A sort of black goop seems to be dripping from it, into the ground, however.
Mar 11 21:27:25 <gumbal1> > PREPERATION ROUND
Mar 11 21:27:36 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 21:28:00 <Antichthon> Hearth delays his action until someone in injured.
Mar 11 21:28:02 <Antichthon> done.
Mar 11 21:28:09 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 21:28:18 <SavanahHolland> Bran is luckily dragged by Skix! Looking like… well, to be frank Bran's already pissed herself. She thought she was going to be smashed to death, it's not that crazy.
Mar 11 21:29:40 <PuddleJumper> Skix coughs and pulls the two of them away from the spreadding black, towards the tough members of the Firewatch group…she sniffs and whispers to Bran. "S'ok…you bit a building down…."
Mar 11 21:30:07 <Nemi> * Ellie is going to be trying to telekinetically yoink the black goop out of the ground and into the air so it can't flee. What a weirdo.
Mar 11 21:30:14 <Nemi> r 13 spending effort w/e
Mar 11 21:30:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:30:38 <gumbal1> It…works perfectly. No resistance at all, infact.
Mar 11 21:30:40 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 21:30:47 <Kadmus> Conn continues to stad around like a lemon, contributing absolutely nothing to the fight so far. Which is excellent; it means no-ones been physically injured yet! He's still smiling.
Mar 11 21:31:12 <gumbal1> > THE TREMORS
Mar 11 21:31:14 <Kadmus> Delay action yet again. Heals 1HP through regeneration. 1/5HP regenerated this minute.
Mar 11 21:31:42 <gumbal1> Oddly enough, the tremors haven't stopped. Indeed, they've been increasing.
Mar 11 21:31:49 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 21:32:18 <Antichthon> Flare delays his action. Done.
Mar 11 21:32:23 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 21:32:53 <PuddleJumper> delays her actions, just making sure her and Bran are close to the others.
Mar 11 21:32:59 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 21:33:46 <Antichthon> Hellfire also delays her action.
Mar 11 21:33:47 <Antichthon> done.
Mar 11 21:33:51 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 21:34:51 <Silvy> Cecile restores her effort and then drinks a regen potion. No regen potions remaining. Mental note to make more. 8hp -> 8hp from effort+regenPotion. 4 rounds of regen remaining.
Mar 11 21:35:32 <gumbal1> > BRANWEN
Mar 11 21:36:10 <SavanahHolland> Branwen spends her turn just staying next to Skix and the others and trying not to cry. Done!
Mar 11 21:37:21 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, PHASE TWO
Mar 11 21:38:11 <Nemi> "Huh." Ellie peers at the goop, trying to see if it's .. Really anything identifiable as it floats in a blobby sphere in the air.
Mar 11 21:38:37 <gumbal1> …and something takes form from the goop. A figure, like a man on horseback, fused to their horse, weilding what looks like a musket. It takes aim at…Conn.
Mar 11 21:38:47 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 21:38:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 21:39:24 <PuddleJumper> "If theres more of those giant worms dont let it touch them….i bet they would like meld together and be even worse then they were the first time"
Mar 11 21:39:41 <Antichthon> Hellfire minor action intercepts!
Mar 11 21:39:54 <Antichthon> r 29
Mar 11 21:39:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 29 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:40:05 <Antichthon> Hellfire adds in one of her -6 intercepts!
Mar 11 21:40:09 <Antichthon> r 20
Mar 11 21:40:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 21:40:14 <gumbal1> Not in time, unfortunately.
Mar 11 21:41:10 <Kadmus> (do i need to roll to tank?)
Mar 11 21:41:12 <Antichthon> Looks like Hellfire's a touch too slow!
Mar 11 21:41:18 <gumbal1> Either that or dodge.
Mar 11 21:41:42 <Kadmus> Conn: Tank! r13
Mar 11 21:41:46 <Kadmus> r 13
Mar 11 21:41:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 21:42:17 <Kadmus> Reduces successes on the attack by a flat 6 due to Toughness
Mar 11 21:42:33 <gumbal1> So he takes -2 HP, then.
Mar 11 21:42:37 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 21:43:10 <gumbal1> Wait.
Mar 11 21:43:16 <gumbal1> Oh dear.
Mar 11 21:43:34 <gumbal1> Up that to -9.
Mar 11 21:44:27 <Kadmus> Conn staggers backwards as the musket strikes him, an enormous hole punched clean through his torso. Blood splatters to the ground in a torrent as he looks down, raises an eyebrow, and sighs. "This shirt is ruined," he gasps.
Mar 11 21:44:55 <Kadmus> Becuase there's a massive hole in his lung, you see.
Mar 11 21:45:07 <gumbal1> +1 guilt token, as well.
Mar 11 21:45:09 <PuddleJumper> Skix gasped at the horrific wound. "Oh god!"
Mar 11 21:45:45 <Kadmus> Conn uses his readied action!
Mar 11 21:45:50 <Nemi> "Oh, Conn.."
Mar 11 21:46:46 <Kadmus> (For after Hearth goes)
Mar 11 21:46:54 <Antichthon> "This is more colorful than usual," Hearth says optimistically. Before a fifty foot spear of flesh shot out of his hand, penetrating right through the hole in Conn's chest!
Mar 11 21:47:07 <Antichthon> r 22
Mar 11 21:47:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 22 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 21:47:14 <Antichthon> 9 HP healed!
Mar 11 21:47:49 <Antichthon> The spear retracted back into Hearth's hand, missing its tip. That tip molded and formed into the wound, healing it.
Mar 11 21:48:00 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 21:48:06 <Kadmus> Conn doesn't even really notice the flesh-spear until he looks down again. "That was nice and easy," he says cheefully, blood still trickling down his chin. "Do you do shirts?"
Mar 11 21:48:22 <Kadmus> Conn spends 1 effort to double his regen for
Mar 11 21:48:22 <Antichthon> "He means you all give him much to do, because you are incompetent." Flare, of course.
Mar 11 21:48:28 <Kadmus> r 5
Mar 11 21:48:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 5 5 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:48:32 <Kadmus> 3 rounds
Mar 11 21:48:47 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 21:50:31 <Nemi> * Ellie peers at the flesh spear, blinking at Hearth. Huh. That wa different. She peers back at the centaur-thing and … Attempts to peel its musket out of its hands.
Mar 11 21:50:31 <PuddleJumper> Skix growled but looked relieved that the gaping copper smelling lung hole was closed up…she would put up with that one guy giving them all the shit in the world if it ment less lung holes!
Mar 11 21:50:35 <Nemi> r 12 fart butt
Mar 11 21:50:36 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 21:50:55 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 21:50:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:52:22 <gumbal1> You manage to peel away the goopy musket. The goop falls to the ground, inert, although it just seems to grow another one.
Mar 11 21:52:26 <gumbal1> In addition,
Mar 11 21:52:34 <gumbal1> > ROLL TO MAINTAIN TELEPATHIC GRIP
Mar 11 21:52:45 <Nemi> Willpower?
Mar 11 21:52:57 <gumbal1> General telekinesis
Mar 11 21:53:08 <Nemi> r 12
Mar 11 21:53:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 6 5 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:53:20 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 21:53:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:53:26 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 21:53:39 <Kadmus> Conn delays again. Done
Mar 11 21:53:53 <gumbal1> > THE TREMORS
Mar 11 21:54:28 <gumbal1> The ground continues shaking. This time, however, things begin emerging from the faults. Phantom hands, clawing at the group.
Mar 11 21:54:40 <gumbal1> > EVERYONE, ROLL DEFENSE
Mar 11 21:54:45 <gumbal1> r 12
Mar 11 21:54:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 21:54:51 <gumbal1> (unless you're flying)
Mar 11 21:55:19 <Silvy> (Does dodge count as a viable defense?)
Mar 11 21:55:42 <gumbal1> (yee)
Mar 11 21:55:55 <PuddleJumper> skix rolls parry
Mar 11 21:55:58 <PuddleJumper> r 15
Mar 11 21:55:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:56:07 <Antichthon> Hellfire is flying.
Mar 11 21:56:10 <Antichthon> r 20 Flare dodges
Mar 11 21:56:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 21:56:16 <Antichthon> r 20 Hearth tanks
Mar 11 21:56:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Mar 11 21:56:17 <Kadmus> Conn's tanking it again. It went so well last time! r 13
Mar 11 21:56:20 <SavanahHolland> Sav is unsure what to do and so is Bran, so she does what Skix is doing! Roll parry!
Mar 11 21:56:22 <SavanahHolland> r 1
Mar 11 21:56:22 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 21:56:24 <Kadmus> r 13
Mar 11 21:56:24 <Silvy> r 20
Mar 11 21:56:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 21:56:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 21:56:33 <Silvy> Cecile does a god damn backflip.
Mar 11 21:58:32 <gumbal1> Conn? You get slashed. Branwen? You get dragged down and slammed forcibly into the ground. Roll your standard armor+attribute.
Mar 11 21:59:06 <SavanahHolland> (wait what attribute)
Mar 11 21:59:26 <gumbal1> (brawn i think)
Mar 11 21:59:33 <SavanahHolland> (haaaah)
Mar 11 21:59:36 <PuddleJumper> (can others intercept for her?)
Mar 11 21:59:41 <Kadmus> r 13 Conn keeps taking these hits, it's like he's really bad at dodging or something!
Mar 11 21:59:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 21:59:47 <Nemi> r 18 ellie tanks
Mar 11 21:59:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 21:59:53 <Silvy> (PLus shield so you get +2)
Mar 11 22:00:03 <Silvy> (Becuase of the mission-only school provided barrier!)
Mar 11 22:00:12 <SavanahHolland> r 1
Mar 11 22:00:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 6 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 22:00:24 <SavanahHolland> (wait +2)
Mar 11 22:01:08 <Silvy> (Roll 2 more dice)
Mar 11 22:01:17 <SavanahHolland> r 2
Mar 11 22:01:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for SavanahHolland: [ 5 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 22:01:42 <Nemi> r 2
Mar 11 22:01:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 22:01:44 <Nemi> ellie tuf
Mar 11 22:02:07 <gumbal1> Just a bit closer and you'dve lost an ankle, Conn! -5 HP, +1 guilt token. Branwen, you…break your face. Hard. If you survive this you're probably gonna look really, really ugly. -8 HP, +1 guilt token. Ellie manages to tank. No HP loss, +1 guilt token.
Mar 11 22:02:11 <gumbal1> > FLARE
Mar 11 22:02:53 <Kadmus> Conn will take his readied action after Flare acts.
Mar 11 22:04:27 <SavanahHolland> Branwen lets out a blood curdling scream before passing out.
Mar 11 22:04:38 * Karaoke (ten.labolgcbs.xtnans.deepsthgil.371-387-7-06|ekoaraK#ten.labolgcbs.xtnans.deepsthgil.371-387-7-06|ekoaraK) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Mar 11 22:04:52 <Nemi> "Poor thing.."
Mar 11 22:06:07 <Antichthon> Branwen was down for the count. "Flare, bring her back, get her medical attention before she dies," Hellfire said dispassionately. Flare's action was to scoop the girl up And retreat with her. They were both out of this fight. Done.
Mar 11 22:06:42 <gumbal1> > okay. conn, still want to go?
Mar 11 22:06:56 <Kadmus> > Yes please!
Mar 11 22:07:01 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: MALIEL> SKIX > HELLFIRE > CECILE > HEARTH > ELLIE > CONN
Mar 11 22:07:16 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: SKIX > HELLFIRE > CECILE > MALIEL > HEARTH > ELLIE > CONN
Mar 11 22:07:30 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 22:07:47 <Nemi> Ellie, freakishly strong thing she is, is clawed at but doesn't seem to notice.
Mar 11 22:08:19 <Kadmus> Conn's extremely important and relevant action is to heal 2HP from regeneration, taking him back to 13/16. 3/10 HP regained through regeneration this minute. 2 more rounds of doubled regen remaining.
Mar 11 22:08:40 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 22:09:58 <PuddleJumper> Skix roared, she was angry…but not angry enough not to worry about if the frail girl was dead.
Mar 11 22:10:16 <Kadmus> Conn watches as Bran is carried off, no longer smiling.
Mar 11 22:10:17 <PuddleJumper> r 17 15+2 effort (7d 0ap)
Mar 11 22:10:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:10:30 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:10:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:10:31 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:10:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:10:54 <gumbal1> Barely, just barely, the thing manages to avoid the brunt of het attack.
Mar 11 22:10:58 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 22:11:44 <PuddleJumper> (secondary action readied for intercept)
Mar 11 22:13:03 <Antichthon> Well, the load was down. Ugh, Hellfire was not looking forward to writing that report. She jetted forward and slammed a titanic punch into the thing's side.
Mar 11 22:13:13 <Antichthon> r 27 (10d 0ap)
Mar 11 22:13:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 27 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 22:13:18 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:13:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:13:20 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:13:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:13:55 <gumbal1> Yeah, no, this thing doesn't fucking dodge this while in the air.
Mar 11 22:14:00 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 22:14:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 4 4 4 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 22:14:29 <gumbal1> And goop seems to spash everywhere at that punch.
Mar 11 22:14:34 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 22:14:40 <Silvy> Cecile loses 1 hp to restore 3 effort. Now at 4 effort. 9hp -> 9hp due to regen potion. She gets a sort of numbed look on her face as her hand twitches and she goes to swing at the creature again with a long sword. 4 effort. (6d 1ap)
Mar 11 22:14:43 <Silvy> r 20
Mar 11 22:14:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 22:15:14 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:15:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 22:15:19 <gumbal1> Welp.
Mar 11 22:15:21 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 22:15:22 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:15:33 <gumbal1> …not much of this thing left.
Mar 11 22:15:49 <gumbal1> > MALIEL
Mar 11 22:16:04 <gumbal1> Yeah, this thing's not changing targets. Mostly out of spite.
Mar 11 22:16:09 <gumbal1> r 20
Mar 11 22:16:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:16:16 <gumbal1> > CONN, DEFENSE
Mar 11 22:16:29 <Kadmus> r 13
Mar 11 22:16:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 22:16:44 <Antichthon> Hellfire COULD intercept, but the kid could take a hit.
Mar 11 22:16:53 <Kadmus> flat reduction of successes by 6 through Toughness
Mar 11 22:17:10 <Silvy> "H-Hey Hellfire? Can, um, Can I talk to you after this?" If they make it. Cecile didn't want to say that part.
Mar 11 22:17:14 <gumbal1> That's…oh dear. -6 HP, +1 guilt token.
Mar 11 22:17:42 <Kadmus> (Do we need to tell you if we hit a certain number of guit, Gum?)
Mar 11 22:17:54 <gumbal1> (just keep track of the tokens)
Mar 11 22:18:17 <PuddleJumper> Skix skittered and rolled to be more with the rest of the group since she was no longer hovering over poor Bran.
Mar 11 22:18:35 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 22:18:51 <Antichthon> Hellfire didn't bother answering Cecile in the middle of a combat operation.
Mar 11 22:18:51 <Kadmus> Conn looks down at his shirt and scowls. That was a /different/ spot! Totally ruined, now, and there's blood everywhere. More blood, more everywhere, rather. "I do not like you," he grumbles.
Mar 11 22:19:20 <Antichthon> Once again the spear of flesh shot out at Conn but it was less effective this time.
Mar 11 22:19:24 <Antichthon> r 19
Mar 11 22:19:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:19:29 <Antichthon> 6 damage healed!
Mar 11 22:19:41 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 22:19:42 <Antichthon> Done.
Mar 11 22:20:57 <Nemi> * Ellie, keeping Maliel's core in the air, is now presently trying to .. Well, burrow into it. It's full of contempt and such, is it? All those negative emotions that she just LOVES to feast upon. Her friends terror', its contempt and wrath… Ellie tries to telepathically CHOW DOWN.
Mar 11 22:21:08 <Nemi> r 14 taking -1 psyche for effort
Mar 11 22:21:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 22:21:40 <gumbal1> r 15
Mar 11 22:21:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 22:22:19 <Nemi> minor to keep it in the air or w/e
Mar 11 22:22:20 <Nemi> r 12
Mar 11 22:22:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 5 5 5 5 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 22:22:51 <gumbal1> …there's this one kind of mexican candy that consists of an incredibly sweet ball of dough over an incredibly nut. Ellie's attack felt like the psychological equivalent of biting right down on one of those.
Mar 11 22:22:53 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 22:22:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:22:59 <gumbal1> It's held.
Mar 11 22:23:01 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 22:23:38 <Kadmus> Conn regenerates 2 HP, going to 15/16. He has healed 5/10 HP this minute, and has 1 round of double healing left.
Mar 11 22:23:40 <Kadmus> Done.
Mar 11 22:23:49 <gumbal1> *incredibly hard nut, though that probably isn't better
Mar 11 22:23:56 <gumbal1> > THE TREMORS
Mar 11 22:24:23 <Nemi> "Oh this is /delicious./ Now that I know how to eat it I could /enjoy/ this."
Mar 11 22:24:25 <gumbal1> Guess who has to roll another defense as the hands clawing out of the ground continue their frenzied swiping?
Mar 11 22:24:57 <PuddleJumper> skix rolls parry
Mar 11 22:24:59 <PuddleJumper> r 15
Mar 11 22:25:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:25:01 <Kadmus> r 13, is it Conn? It always seems to be Conn!
Mar 11 22:25:03 <gumbal1> r 12
Mar 11 22:25:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Mar 11 22:25:04 <Silvy> Cecile is dodging that.
Mar 11 22:25:09 <Kadmus> r 13
Mar 11 22:25:09 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 22:25:09 <Silvy> r20 I AM THE DODGEGOD
Mar 11 22:25:16 <Antichthon> r 20 Hearth tanks.
Mar 11 22:25:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:25:24 <Silvy> r 20 I AM THE DODGEGOD
Mar 11 22:25:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 22:26:21 <Nemi> r 20 ellie tanks
Mar 11 22:26:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Mar 11 22:26:40 <PuddleJumper> Skix yelped and jumped into the air worthy of an olympic high jumper
Mar 11 22:27:15 <gumbal1> Nobody recieves damage, though Hearth and Ellie recieve +1 guilt token.
Mar 11 22:27:17 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 22:27:58 <Kadmus> Conn ignores the phantom claws as they skitter useleslly off his skin.
Mar 11 22:28:19 <PuddleJumper> Skix launches herself at the thing again both claws trying to slash the neck of the horse thing
Mar 11 22:28:21 <Nemi> "If I had capacity for guilt I'd probably feel it right now," Ellie says, conversationally, as the thing tears into her legs with the phantom claws. She doesn't seem overly bothered. They were cheap jeans.
Mar 11 22:28:33 <Nemi> "As it is this is fucking /delicious/."
Mar 11 22:28:47 <PuddleJumper> r 18 -1 hp for 3 effort 15+3 (7d 0ap)
Mar 11 22:28:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:28:55 <gumbal1> r 26
Mar 11 22:28:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 26 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Mar 11 22:28:58 <gumbal1> wut
Mar 11 22:29:00 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:29:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:29:02 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:29:02 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 22:29:15 <gumbal1> Once more, you connect, but not enough to do any real damage
Mar 11 22:29:20 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 22:29:44 <Antichthon> Hellfire sits back on this one, just preparing her intercepts.
Mar 11 22:29:51 <PuddleJumper> (minor action set for intercept)
Mar 11 22:29:53 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 22:29:55 <Silvy> Cecile restores 3 effort. Heals 1hp via regen potion. 9hp -> 9hp. 2 rounds of Regen remaining. Swing. 2 effort. (6d 1ap)
Mar 11 22:30:01 <Silvy> r 18
Mar 11 22:30:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:30:05 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:30:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:30:06 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:30:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:30:13 <gumbal1> r 8
Mar 11 22:30:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:30:26 <gumbal1> …this thing fucking distinigrates into the ground.
Mar 11 22:30:47 * SpookyBee has quit ()
Mar 11 22:30:55 <Silvy> "I am so cool." Cecile just says it in a mumble as she looks at her sword but stays on guard.
Mar 11 22:31:34 <Kadmus> Conn looks into the future with dread, forseeing an incredibly frustrating session with his laundry.
Mar 11 22:31:50 <PuddleJumper> Skix tried to flick the stink of the thing from her claws wiping them in the dirt…she could smell blood…and what she thought might be Bran's vitrious fluid…
Mar 11 22:32:10 <gumbal1> …you all need to tell me how many guilt tokens you have.
Mar 11 22:32:14 <Antichthon> Niether Hellfire or Hearth relaxed. They had too much experience.
Mar 11 22:32:20 <Kadmus> Conn has 3 guilt tokens.
Mar 11 22:32:24 <PuddleJumper> ( 0 )
Mar 11 22:32:29 <Antichthon> Hellfire has 3 guilt tokens. Hearth has 2 guilt tokens.
Mar 11 22:32:55 <Silvy> Cecile has 1 guilt token.
Mar 11 22:33:14 <Nemi> Ellie has 3. She's pondering eating them.
Mar 11 22:33:40 <PuddleJumper> skix has 0
Mar 11 22:36:11 <gumbal1> …the tremors increase, until, finally, a great fault seems to open, splitting the earth asunder several hundred feet deep. Emerging from it, well…in the barest form, you could call it the torso of a humanoid clawing its way out of the fault. Unlike the previous form, its skin is a light lavender, and evershifting, the forms of a million damned floating in, out, and along it surface. Though it has a head, it serves as little more than a ves
Mar 11 22:36:11 <gumbal1> sel for its great, pale eye.
Mar 11 22:36:45 <gumbal1> > MALIEL, FINAL PHASE
Mar 11 22:37:06 <Nemi> "Huh. This seems familiar."
Mar 11 22:37:39 <Nemi> "Didn't I meet you a few decades back? Before the Reagan era?"
Mar 11 22:37:57 <Antichthon> Hellfire was holding back a smile, signalling something to Hearth. Hearth grinned. Apparently it some sort of inside Firewatch thing.
Mar 11 22:38:00 <PuddleJumper> Skix shivers…Quiln, was infernal…she was related to this thing. She wanted to run so bad…but if they didnt stop this thing god knows what it would do loosed on the world. "sh shhh…sh…shit."
Mar 11 22:38:14 <gumbal1> Likely not. Whatever this thing is, its eye begins glowing.
Mar 11 22:38:24 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 6 HEARTH
Mar 11 22:38:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 6 for gumbal1: [ 4 ] with a TN of [ 6 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:40:28 <Silvy> Vanilla shifts to have shifting white skin and a single massive eye.
Mar 11 22:40:50 <Silvy> Get imitated, fool.
Mar 11 22:40:57 <PuddleJumper> Skix was really glad she went to the bathroom before they started so she didnt have to now…
Mar 11 22:41:18 <Antichthon> Hearth delays his turn until someone needs healing.
Mar 11 22:41:24 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 22:43:57 <Nemi> * Ellie peers intently at the Thing, trying to hook into it, get a feel for what it's all about, what it /is/, what it feels…
Mar 11 22:44:05 <Nemi> r 12 telepathying i guess
Mar 11 22:44:05 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:44:13 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 6
Mar 11 22:44:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 6 for gumbal1: [ 3 ] with a TN of [ 6 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:44:23 <gumbal1> wait
Mar 11 22:44:30 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 5
Mar 11 22:44:30 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:46:00 <gumbal1> The soul of Lady Garvey herself. As Jonatham Edwards liked to say, most men liked to think they had a plan to escape hell, if one entirely futile. It just so happens Lady Garvey actually enacted one. Granted, it was a massive failure, and brought before you what you see now, but hey, shit happens.
Mar 11 22:46:06 <gumbal1> > CONN
Mar 11 22:46:11 <Kadmus> Conn heals the final 1HP, returning him to 16/16. He has healed 6/10 HP this minute, and he has 0 rounds of doubled regen left.
Mar 11 22:46:11 <Kadmus> He spends 1 effort, gaining
Mar 11 22:46:12 <Kadmus> r 5
Mar 11 22:46:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Kadmus: [ 5 4 4 3 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 22:46:18 <Kadmus> 1 round of doubled regen
Mar 11 22:46:21 <gumbal1> YEE 1D6 4
Mar 11 22:46:28 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 4
Mar 11 22:46:29 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 4 for gumbal1: [ 4 ] with a TN of [ 4 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Mar 11 22:46:34 <gumbal1> …about that.
Mar 11 22:47:23 <Nemi> "Huh. That's a soul- the Lady Garvey herself. Seems she did her best to try to escape Hell." Ellie peers up at it, thinking.
Mar 11 22:47:49 <gumbal1> For some reason, your regeneration completely backfires. Blood gets transplanted to the wrong area, and something bursts inside of you. Instead of healing one HP, you lose one. You also lose a guilt token.
Mar 11 22:48:01 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Mar 11 22:48:04 <PuddleJumper> Skix stammered "She looks like she kinda did!"
Mar 11 22:48:33 <Kadmus> Conn doesn't even notice until the blood leaking out of his eye starts to interfere with his vision. he wipes it away.
Mar 11 22:48:41 <Antichthon> "Looks more like she brought Hell with her to me," Hellfire said.
Mar 11 22:48:45 <PuddleJumper> Skix hurled herself into the air, kicking down with her hooked foot claws, she smashed the face of her friend and she was gonna return the favor
Mar 11 22:49:25 <PuddleJumper> r 18 -1hp 15+3 (7d 0ap) skix >9hp
Mar 11 22:49:26 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Mar 11 22:49:36 <gumbal1> > If you fail this check you're gonna fall into a fault but okay.
Mar 11 22:50:18 <gumbal1> r 16 It attempts to swat you away…
Mar 11 22:50:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:51:31 <gumbal1> And succeeds. I'm gonna need you to roll to either latch on to this motherfucker, or brace for several hundred feet of impact. Unless one of your friends wants to catch you.
Mar 11 22:52:09 <Antichthon> Hellfire was waiting to see what Skix did first.
Mar 11 22:53:07 <PuddleJumper> Skix allowes herself to be whacked, hoping that the momentum will carry her back over the void and trusting in her friends. She makes a howl of alarm as she plumets away from the monster
Mar 11 22:53:37 <Antichthon> Intercept to catch Skix, minor action!
Mar 11 22:53:42 <Antichthon> r 29
Mar 11 22:53:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 29 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 22:54:05 <gumbal1> Welp, you just got saved from something reall painful!
Mar 11 22:54:13 <gumbal1> > HELLFIRE
Mar 11 22:55:01 <Antichthon> This felt last-phase-y. Hellfire set Skix back down in safety, but otherwise just prepared for future intercepts and let the kids figure this out on their own.
Mar 11 22:55:06 <PuddleJumper> Skix tries to land in such a way that her rather large ass didnt squash her rescuer.
Mar 11 22:55:14 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 6
Mar 11 22:55:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 6 for gumbal1: [ 3 ] with a TN of [ 6 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:55:26 <gumbal1> > CECILE
Mar 11 22:56:23 <Silvy> Cecile had a simple solution. First effort, she'll take 3. Heal that Hp with her regen potion's effect (1 round of that left) then she'll toss her knife to Vanilla and have it charge at the creature with a massive lance. 4 effort. (6d 1ap)
Mar 11 22:56:25 <Silvy> r 20
Mar 11 22:56:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:57:07 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 5
Mar 11 22:57:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 22:57:14 <gumbal1> r 16
Mar 11 22:57:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Mar 11 22:57:29 <gumbal1> It just barely misses swatting it away.
Mar 11 22:57:31 <gumbal1> r 12
Mar 11 22:57:32 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Mar 11 22:57:46 <gumbal1> > MALIEL
Mar 11 22:58:25 <gumbal1> Whatever's going on with its eye, it's continuing, as it comes to near-blinding levels. Disadvantage on ranged attacks.
Mar 11 22:58:28 <gumbal1> > HEARTH
Mar 11 22:58:52 <Kadmus> "I think someone should aim for the eye, non?" Conn calls out.
Mar 11 22:58:57 <Antichthon> Hearth delays his turn until healing is desperately needed.
Mar 11 22:59:04 <gumbal1> > ELLIE
Mar 11 23:02:42 <Nemi> * Ellie is going to gently coax Maliel into shutting the dang eye. Stop that.
Mar 11 23:02:51 <Nemi> r 14 taking 1 psyche for effort
Mar 11 23:02:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Mar 11 23:03:48 <gumbal1> r 15
Mar 11 23:03:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Mar 11 23:03:59 <gumbal1> yee 1d6 4
Mar 11 23:04:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 1 D6 against 4 for gumbal1: [ 2 ] with a TN of [ 4 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Mar 11 23:04:13 <gumbal1> …well.
Mar 11 23:06:12 <gumbal1> …at this point, nothing else you really do is going to matter. Because, as Maliel's next turn comes, it very suddenly fries itself from the inside out, thouroughly and somewhat messily. As its body bubbles and bursts, it occurs to you that this was surprisingly anticlimatic. Soon, all that's left is a puddle of burnt, inert goop, sitting at the bottom of a giant fault.
Mar 11 23:07:06 <Kadmus> Conn blinks, and looks to Ellie. "Tres bien, mademoiselle," he says, looking somewhat relieved. "Do you think that was it?"
Mar 11 23:07:09 <Antichthon> Hellfire, stone-faced as ever, sent Ellie a thumb's up. "Good work."
Mar 11 23:07:28 <Silvy> Cecile's eyes were wide as she looked around then at Ellie. "That… was…. AWESOME!"
Mar 11 23:07:35 <Nemi> Ellie folds her arms and reaches her mind out, feeling out for anything else of Maliel that might still be scattered about. "I didn't expect that at all."
Mar 11 23:07:41 <PuddleJumper> ANTICLIMATIC! WOO! Skix is all about anticlimatic….she was just about to spin Vanilla like a kids game to hurl her at the thing when Nemi caused it to messily implode. "Oh….god! Woo! Thank you we live to suck another day!"
Mar 11 23:08:28 <gumbal1> Literally nothing that was animate is still animate. That includes any signs of a soul.
Mar 11 23:08:49 <Silvy> Cecile runs over and hugs Ellie. Just a tight hug.
Mar 11 23:09:06 <Nemi> * "Well. That's that, I guess." Ellie looks over to the others. "Is Bran going to be oka- guh." She's hugged. She's soft and squishy and warm and feels very nice to hug.
Mar 11 23:09:08 <Antichthon> Meanwhile Hellfire was doing the same thing, contacting The Lookout for them to analyze the area for any readings of anomalous danger.
Mar 11 23:09:18 <Nemi> ".. I don't feel anything left of that thing."
Mar 11 23:09:21 <Antichthon> Hellfire shook her head subtly at Hearth. Hearth looked sad.
Mar 11 23:10:05 <Antichthon> To the others Hellfire said, "Bran will live." That's all she said on the matter.
Mar 11 23:10:19 <Nemi> "Cool. Wanna pick up ice cream when we get back?"
Mar 11 23:10:36 <Kadmus> "Merde," Conn sighs. He knows what that sort of statement means. But "Weh, icecream sounds good."
Mar 11 23:10:41 <Silvy> Cecile hugs a bit tighter and nuzzles into the hug because it felt nice before letting go.
Mar 11 23:11:08 <PuddleJumper> Skix stood panting…she managed to make it over to Ellie and patted her on the back a look of pure respect. "Thank you for whatever you did."
Mar 11 23:11:52 <PuddleJumper> Skix looked over Conn her own muscles ached, she had definitly overstained herself but was otherwise unhurt.
Mar 11 23:12:57 <Kadmus> Conn looks down, and plucks at his shirt forlornly, not really noticing the new scars any more. "Well, another one bites the dust. I will 'ave to find the young lady some flowers, too…" he mutters, then shrugs and strips the shirt off. "At least they are cheap."
Mar 11 23:12:57 <Nemi> ".. I told it to shut its eye. So it did. Ended up blasting itself with pure hellfire, or something, from the inside out."
Mar 11 23:13:09 <PuddleJumper> Skix looked over the firewatch guys, "I am really glad we didnt try to do that when it was just athene and us and we were already beat up from the giant worms and flying stuff."
Mar 11 23:13:17 <Nemi> ".. Yeah. I'm going to send her a card. Just-" Ellie gives a wan grin to everyone. "Good work, everybody."
Mar 11 23:13:23 <Antichthon> "Salamander." The purple-rimmed portal appeared, leading into some unknown room. "We need to check the rest of you over to make sure you're alright," Hellfire said. "Shouldn't take longer then ten minutes, and you'll be sent back to your schoool." Hearth stood over the remains of Maliel, somber.
Mar 11 23:13:56 <Antichthon> "You all did well keeping your heads and thinking things through," Hellfire said. "Professionals have done much worse."
Mar 11 23:14:09 <Silvy> Cecile nods her head, "U-Um, Can I talk to you during those ten minutes?" Cecile asks Hellfire as she looked at the girl then the portal.
Mar 11 23:14:11 <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffed at the thing and stuck her tongue out. "Blah it stinks."
Mar 11 23:14:48 <Kadmus> Conn looks guilty. "I didn't manage to help at all," he says. "At least only one person got really hurt, though."
Mar 11 23:15:16 <PuddleJumper> Skix fell in line following the adults…it was about time they had adult supervision on one of these horrid missions…still she hoped Bran was ok…from the eye goop smell and the crack sound she heard she knew it was bad through.
Mar 11 23:16:38 <Antichthon> Hellfire waved them through the portal, gaze locking on Conn as he passed. "Taking a hit that would otherwise be aimed at someone else isn't nothing. Your friends should thank you. You helped keep them from becoming Branwen."
Mar 11 23:16:50 <Antichthon> And a nod to Cecile about the talking thing.
Mar 11 23:17:20 <PuddleJumper> Skix nods as she passed con…"Holes in my lungs dont heal."
Mar 11 23:17:46 <Kadmus> Conn shrugs, still looking guilty. "And yet she is still badly hurt. As always, I fail when I am needed the most."
Mar 11 23:18:04 <Silvy> Cecile heads through the gateway, Vanilla in two holding a mere black and white knife.
Mar 11 23:18:28 <gumbal1> -BOSS BATTLE COMPLETE-
Mar 11 23:18:34 <gumbal1> -XP GAINED: 3-
Mar 11 23:18:40 <PuddleJumper> Skix passed through. "It happened to fast, there was nothing we could do."
Mar 11 23:18:49 <gumbal1> -$351 EACH-
Mar 11 23:19:01 <gumbal1> -BOSS KILLED: MALIEL-
Mar 11 23:19:11 <gumbal1> -NPC SENT TO HELL: LADY GARVEY-
Mar 11 23:19:43 <gumbal1> -PCS WHO NOW NOT ONLY HAVE A RIGHT EYE, BUT ARE REALLY FUCKING UGLY: BRANWEN-
Mar 11 23:21:21 <gumbal1> -PASADENA, PAST YOUR EYES, RUSSIAN TREATS FALL FROM THE SKIES, PEACH AND CHOCOLATE, GREEN TO MY EYES, LET'S PEEL IT BACK LIVE IN THIS LIE-

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License