logs:Hel on Earth

01[16:59] <Antichthon> An announcement, from loudspeakers across the campus. <"General call. General call. All combat-capable students interested in assisting with the recovery of a hostile artifact, report out front of the administration building in ten minutes. Threat level unknown, presumed high."> Too bad it was raining.
02[16:59] * EndPhone (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
03[17:00] * EndPhone (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
02[17:00] * EndPhone (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
03[17:01] * EndPhone (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[17:01] <@Kioku> Akemi is already outside, dancing. She LOVES the rain. When she hears the announcement, it makes her day that much better… potentially. She's already got her jacket on, so she goes straightto the admin building, close as it is.
[17:01] <gumbal1> Fuck, on a Saturday afternoon of all days. Leah basically blocked that time for getting stoned and fucking around with Ellie. Well shit, at least she'll get paid. She arrives, having apparantly just come off an excercise session, if the track suit is any indication.
[17:01] <@Silvors> Zita hopped onto the roof's railing before falling forward, flipping once in the air before landing silently. She summons her knife and turns it into a ring, she raised it up and gave it a smile before running forward. Artifact? Some kinda super cool artifact!? Zita was sooo interested! She ran forward, spinning the ring on her index finger with her thumb. ~Eponnie! Are you coming to the artifact thingy?~
[17:02] <Knave> Callum hesitates, but not for long. He grabs his singular jacket, because wet isn't as comfortable as cold, and makes his way in quiet strides to the administration building, keeping his head down.
[17:03] <gumbal1> Oh, this should be easy. There's the overpowered goddess along with the frankly terrifyingly powerful Zita. And…that one big guy. Was that Callum? Leah isn't sure. Big meant different things to her and Cass.
[17:04] <gumbal1> "Yo. I'm Leah. You?" Simple greetings for a simple girl.
03[17:04] * wackybunny (ten.labolgcbs.imprdg.deepsthgil.392-45-943-118|tibbiM#ten.labolgcbs.imprdg.deepsthgil.392-45-943-118|tibbiM) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[17:05] <EndPhone> Eponnie felt like going. She loads up on dolls, and heads to the designated area.
[17:05] <Knave> "Callum." Came the understated response, along with the offered hand. Simplicity's not a contest, but Callum would have been winning.
[17:06] <gumbal1> Eh. She guesses the wards kinda ruin the simplicity outright. "Good to meet you."
[17:06] <@Silvors> Zita arrives and sees Akemi! Sneaking up step by step and then… jumping to hug the girl from behind! Gotcha! "Akemi!" ~Eponnie? Are you going?~ She wasn't getting replies from the doll girl!
03[17:07] * wackybunny (ten.labolgcbs.imprdg.deepsthgil.392-45-943-118|tibbiM#ten.labolgcbs.imprdg.deepsthgil.392-45-943-118|tibbiM) has left #sunnybrook-fireflies
01[17:07] <Antichthon> A small team greeted the students who gathered in front of the administration building, headed by a very petite military officer. Beside the tiny woman, a huge mechanical warhound, teeth like daggers, eyes of blue fire. A swole man beside her, a civilian by the looks of him, handed her a pad. After a few minutes, "Eponnie, Leah Nasser, Callum Ellis, Zita Jasper, Asami Kimura, step forward."
[17:08] <EndPhone> Eponnie complies. Convenient that she knew two others here."
[17:08] <EndPhone> here.*
[17:08] <gumbal1> Leah does as instructed. "Nice dog. Hoping we don't have to fight it."
[17:08] <Knave> Callum obeys with a dutiful, mechanical precision, eyes forward and expression blank.
[17:08] <@Silvors> Zita steps forward and pouts at Eponnie. ~Eponnie!~
[17:09] <EndPhone> ~You cannot blame me for coming when you yourself have also come~
[17:09] <@Silvors> ~I wasn't blaming you! You were ignoring me!~
[17:09] <EndPhone> ~I am sorry, I just arrived~
[17:09] <@Kioku> Akemi bends forward as if to flip Zita over her head, but really it's just in expectation of a loud voice next to her ear. "Hi, Zita~" She hugs her arm and blinks at the team, scanning over them, then over the others gathered. She gives a deep frown. \Did Taylor put them up to her bloody game? Hrmph. Well my sister isn't here, so I'll go in her stead… but I /won't/ forget this insult.\ She steps forward, glare fixed on the speaker.
[17:10] <EndPhone> ~This time I have brought 12 dolls~
[17:11] <@Silvors> ~But… I asked with the mindy thing!~ Zita giggles and hugs Akemi some more, not noticing the glare. ~And good! You better not get hurt any!~
[17:11] <EndPhone> ~My apologies~
01[17:12] <Antichthon> Petite ignored Leah, was unphased by Akemi's glare. "The five of you, follow. The rest of you are dismissed." Petite turned and led the group for the teleporters. The non-killing teleporters. The dog and Swole followed. "We have a situation at an archaeological research facility in Yellowstone. A psychic artifact has taken control of the staff, and we need you five to save them, and escort an anomaly capable of recoverfing the artifact. Any questions, ask the egghead." Swole gave Petite a 'Why must you always call me that?' Look.
[17:12] <@Silvors> ~It's okay.~ Zita lets go of Akemi so that she can hop over to Eponnie and give a quick kiss to the girl's cheek!
[17:13] <gumbal1> Nodding along with the explanation, Leah raises her hand right at the end. "Any advice on how we escort the anomaly, or what exactly the anomaly is?"
[17:14] <@Silvors> "And on a scale of one to do not touch, how dangerous is the artifact thingy?" Zita asks, going to hold Eponnie's hand. "And how can I not get controlled by it!" That was the more important part. Not getting controlled.
[17:15] <Knave> Callum follows, shoulders squared, arms straight down, hands in loose fists. There's the hint of a military swagger, and if you didn't know him better you might think he was enjoying himself.
[17:15] <gumbal1> "I'll pull it out of you if it comes to that…Zita, was it?" Leah sometimes forgot that she existed, honestly.
[17:15] <gumbal1> Never really talked.
[17:15] <@Silvors> Zita gives a thumbs up before giggling. "I can keep it out of myself, thanks though!" Zita had a knife that could remove negative properties! And being mind controlled was definitely negative!
[17:15] <@Kioku> "A psychic artifact?" Akemi is interested despite the offense. "I see…" \Odd. But wait, doesn't that mean it's sapient, if it took control? Why are they treating it like a thing then?[17:16] <EndPhone> "Most curious indeed."
01[17:19] <Antichthon> Swole spoke. To Leah: "Anomaly's name is Helen Cross, goes by 'Hel.' Violent delinquent, and a threat level four anomaly. Around your age. Only reason why we're using you kids for a real mission like this is she refuses to cooperate otherwise." To Zita: "We, ah. Don't know. We do know that the base was specifically defended against from psychic intrusion, highest tech we had. The thing burned through it like tissue paper. Sergeant Grove," A nod to Petite, "Was the only one to make it out." Sergeant Groves spoke up at that. "The pup here grabbed me, pulled me out." She was talking about the terrifying mechanical warhound.
[17:21] <@Silvors> Zita looks at the, um, 'pup. "It's very fluffy." She says before giving Eponnie's hand a tight squeeze. Tight enough that it hurt Zita's hand.
[17:21] <EndPhone> "How are we assured you are not acting on its behalf of you were exposed?"
[17:22] <EndPhone> Eponnie only asked because it seemed obvious to her, and she was curious
[17:22] <@Kioku> \They /use/… that's right, they do, don't they? We just aren't vey exposed to it…\ Akemi sighs. \Though, refuses to cooperate without us? Maybe she just wants friends, and this is her only real chance to meet others. If she's treated as such a threat, it makes sense.[17:24] <Knave> Callum keeps his mouth shut and his ears open. Smart people are talking.
01[17:24] <Antichthon> They soon reached the teleporter, or teleporter-girl-powered thing, or whatever it was Sunnybrook used to get people to places very quickly. The 'pup' had no fluff at all, was just naked metal. But Zita was weird like that. "The artifact has an effective range of around five hundred meters," Swole said. "The base itself is a kilometer underground. Oh, here." Just remembering, Swole handed out maps of the facility. http://imgur.com/i6VR7MX "You'll be entering through the freight elevator."
[17:24] <gumbal1> Leah listens on.
[17:25] <@Silvors> Zita nods. She could find the artifact, but that whole five hundred meters thing was going to be annoying!
[17:26] <EndPhone> "That is quite the range. Who here would like a protective doll?"
[17:27] <Knave> "So we go inside that range, it crawls inside our heads?" Callum asks with a tone that suggests he might just be checking he's following correctly.
[17:27] <@Kioku> Akemi looks over a map, nodding too. \What freight elevato- oh, there it is! And we need to get to…\ "It's in the labs? And we'll have to be careful not to hurt anyone, even though they might try to stop us from getting to it, when it fails to control us…"
[17:27] <gumbal1> "…okay, right. What exactly does the artifact do?"
[17:27] <@Silvors> "I'd love one!" Zita says with a hip bump to Eponnie.
[17:28] <@Kioku> "They might move it somewhere safer or harder to search once they know we're coming. Actually, they would already know one of them escaped, and that someone would be sent. Nevermind. What's it look like?"
[17:29] <@Silvors> "But I can find it once we get there. I can detect artifacts, remember?"
[17:29] <EndPhone> Akemi is kinda stealing all Eponnie's questions, so she just keeps quiet, waiting for any other acknowledgements of her question
[17:30] <EndPhone> or offer, if you prefer
01[17:31] <Antichthon> "The other eggheads have had time to analyze the signal from the artifact, you'll be getting protective headsets to block out the influence. Except the doll." Pointed look at Eponnie. "She should be fine." Swole winced at Akemi. "That's the thing. they never actually uncovered the artifact. It's lodged somewhere in excavations, maybe a meter down. Maybe a hundred. We aren't quite sure. And we don't know what it looks like." To Leah, "Far as we can tell, it dominates anything with a brain, turns them into its minions."
[17:32] <gumbal1> Oh boy, minion generator/possesor. Avoid that like the plague. Least the tracksuit is warded. "Will remember. I think that's it for my questions."
[17:32] <@Silvors> "But I can find it! Because that's something I do! I detect artifacts!" Zita says with a wide smile. She was going to be super useful!
[17:32] <EndPhone> Eponnie nods at that acknowledgement. Her mind would probably be too far by about a dimension. "How fragile are these headsets?"
[17:33] <Knave> "Minions to do what exactly?" Callum asks quietly, again with the just-barely-keeping-up tone.
[17:33] <@Kioku> Akemi shrugs the water off her jacket and pulls a pair of glasses out of her satchel, slipping them on. "Lovely."
01[17:37] <Antichthon> "Everyone gather close and prepare for teleport," Grove said. "And yes, Zita. I'll be sure to get you a cookie afterwards. Also, since Egghead here forgot to mention, there's still a scientist inside with her mind intact. She had the prototype of the headsets you're going to get. Teleport." And in an instant, they'd be on a pad in the aboveground portion of the facility. Soldiers and scientists buzzed around like mad, and almost immediately they'd each be handed a headset that looked suspiciously like Google Glass. Grove said "And that probably answers your questions about fragility, doll." Beat. "Also, one of the scientists was a necromancer. Another important detail Egghead forgot to mention."
[17:38] <Knave> "Anyone else think maybe the people in charge have bets over how little they can tell us before they send us to risk our lives?" Callum deadpans to the group, putting on his headset.
[17:39] <@Kioku> Akemi wrinkles her nose and puts one on. Necromancer? Meh. Boring. "That… would follow with my experiences, Callum, yeah."
[17:39] <@Silvors> Zita puts on a headset. Can she tell how far away the artifact they're going after is? "Necromancers are the dead movey people, right?"
[17:40] <gumbal1> And the headset goes on. "ELP doesn't have a brain, so she shouldn't be affected by the artifact. If we need to get near it to do something, I suggest letting her do it."
[17:40] <gumbal1> "Basically, yeah. Imagine Daniel."
[17:41] <@Kioku> Akemi pulls on her surgical mask and a pair of gloves, glancing around. \So where's Hel?[17:42] <EndPhone> "It is critical you all have dolls, if the headsets are as fragile as they appear." Eponnie administers protection dolls to all. 16 DP used
[17:43] <gumbal1> Leah rejects the doll. She's not putting her trust in creepy automatons.
01[17:43] <Antichthon> "Sorry," said Swole, looking genuinely apologetic. "All this happened about half an hour ago. We haven't had time to put together a presentation." Grove motioned for them to follow. They were outside, and going back inside now. At least it wasn't raining in Yellowstone. "Before we send you to the freight elevator and meet up with Hel, Egghead has to explain the purpose of the facility. Sucks, but I don't have a say in it."
[17:43] <Knave> "Thanks." Callum says quietly with a little nod to Eponnie.
[17:44] <EndPhone> The doll tries to climb Leah anyways
[17:45] <gumbal1> Just follow along. This can't be that bad!
[17:45] <gumbal1> …was ELP charged today? "…yo, how much spiritual energy do you usually keep in these dolls? Just…asking out of curiosity."
[17:45] <@Silvors> Zita smiles and pats her dolls head. Both the protection doll and Eponnie's.
[17:45] <@Kioku> Akemi pokes at the doll climbing onto her shoulder and shrugs. Well, it won't hurt, hopefully. "Go ahead then, I guess…"
[17:46] <EndPhone> "I believe only a mild amount of magic is within the dolls."
01[17:46] <Antichthon> By the way Swole lit up, the research at this facility was his entire life. Outside of lifting. "The facility is set up to uncover a site of an ancient civilization that was buried in lava and ash during the Lava Creek Eruption. That's six hundred and thirty one thousand years ago. We don't know what they are, but they weren't human. They weren't remotely human."
[17:48] <gumbal1> Doll is tucked into a pocket then. Firmly away. Always helps to bring a snack. In turn, Leah gathers up the random bits of outside trash as she travels to spiritually devour instead. "Brief description? 'Not human' means a lot of things."
[17:49] <@Silvors> Zita is currently playing the game of balancing the blade of her knife on her finger. By the side of it, not the edge or tip. She wasn't asking for an injury!
[17:49] <Knave> Callum gently grunts his agreement. "Not human" was neither impressive nor informative.
[17:50] <EndPhone> The doll will keep trying to get somewhere where it can actually go out and stop blows.
[17:50] <@Kioku> Akemi nods to Leah's comment. "Yeah… 'not human' kind of describes about half the group you've just recruited."
[17:51] <@Silvors> "Maybe it's dinosaur people?" That was a really long time ago, right?
[17:51] <EndPhone> "No Zita. That was far longer"
01[17:51] <Antichthon> "We've found bones and scales and shells teeth and anything else tough enough to survive immersion in lava, but none of it matches anything else. Far as we can tell, whatever they were, they were all different from each other." "Also why they brought in my necromancer," Grove said.
[17:53] <gumbal1> Crab people. "So you're basically gonna revive them just to figure out what they were? That…" Leah shrugs. "…works? I guess?"
[17:53] <@Kioku> "Well, does explain that at least. Trying to communicate with any memory imprints they might have left can't hurt, after all" Akemi hums and stretches, just waiting now.
[17:54] <@Silvors> "Mole men." Zita vaguely remembered one of Vincent's friends talking about them once.
01[17:54] <Antichthon> "They had sophisticated tools, though," Swole said. "At least Iron Age equivalent." The group stopped in front of a double door. "Is everyone wearing their headsets?" Grove asked.
[17:54] <EndPhone> "I suppose it is the simplest option. I am ready once others are."
[17:55] <Knave> "Yup." Callum fiddles with it to make sure it's on right.
[17:55] <@Silvors> Zita made sure her headset was on all snug and secure before nodding. "Yup! I've got mine on!"
[17:55] <gumbal1> "Yeah."
[17:55] <EndPhone> "Unfortunately, My dolls will not specifically protect your headsets, and will intercept the first attack to come your way."
[17:55] <@Kioku> Akemi nods, flexing her fingers.
[17:58] <@Silvors> Zita turned her dagger into a longsword and hefted it onto her shoulder, just to show she had a weapon!
[17:59] <EndPhone> Eponnie had a weapon in her dress, but she just didn't know it. Nor did she know it was a piece of herself
01[17:59] <Antichthon> "Good. I don't care how powrful you think you are, you keep those headsets on. The psychic defenses the thing burned through were nothing to laugh at." Grove swung open the double doors, and Swole and the pup followed. Behind it was the freight elevator. A dismantled freight elevator. A glowing ball floated above a shaft that went on for more than a kilometer. Beside it, flanked by two guards was was a girl who could have passed for Leah's beefier older sister, except with horrific burns over her body instead of runes. Also, her nose was burnt off. "Jump into the shaft when you're ready," Grove said. "Don't worry, you'll float."
[18:00] <EndPhone> "Shall I go first?" Eponnie asks the others as she approaches the shaft
[18:01] <Knave> "Sure. Why not." Callum says to himself. It's criminal what Sunnybrook robs you of the ability to be surprised at. He approaches the edge of the shaft and gives it a cursory glance down.
[18:01] <@Silvors> Too late Eponnie! Zita was already jumping off. You don't need to tell her to jump from staggering heights twice!
[18:01] <@Kioku> Akemi gives the girl a small wave and a smile, then hops after Zita. Might as well let the ones who won't be hurt by falling go ahead.
[18:02] <gumbal1> Goals, honestly. Leah always wanted an older sister. "I'm gonna wait for someone who can't fly to jum-that solves it." And with that, Leah enters the shaft.
[18:02] <EndPhone> Eponnie fall-ows them. Even if she won't make puns, I will.
[18:02] <Knave> Callum, with all the grace of a tugboat, hops off the edge.
01[18:05] <Antichthon> Hel - because who the hell else could it be - also had a collar around her neck. She stared at the group blankly. Grove threw a key into the floater-shaft after Akemi. "Here's the key to Hel's power inhibitor. Get down there, find the scientist, find out what she knows, and get the artifact back. Don't release her until you've secured the area. And whatever you do, don't trust her." A pointed look at Hel. "And if it's too much for you to handle, hit that button on the floater and it'll bring you back up." Hel jumped into the elevator after them, and they all floated. They all float. Grove hit a button and the floater started to descend down the shaft silently, along with the group. "Good luck."
[18:06] <Knave> Callum gives a lazy salute in response. It's possible he also intended to slouch for subversive effect, but it doesn't really come off.
[18:07] <@Silvors> "Hi! You're Hel, right?" Zita asks the burnt up girl as they descend.
[18:07] <gumbal1> Leah waves to Hel. "Yo. Names Leah."
01[18:08] <Antichthon> Going a kilometer down would take a while. Hel gave a faint smile, returned Leah's wave. "Hel." Her voice was very raspy. "But you probably knew that."
[18:08] <EndPhone> "Hello Hel."
01[18:09] <Antichthon> More of a blank look to Eponnie, because the doll was weird.
[18:09] <@Kioku> Ah, right. The mask. Hiding smiles since forever. Ah well. Akemi tucks said key away. \You'd think they'd tell us what she can do… or why we're expected to need her at all…\ "Akemi. Looks like we'll be working together~"
[18:09] <@Silvors> "Hi! Hel! I'm Zita!" The black haired girl says with a wave.
[18:09] <gumbal1> "Eh, kinda obvious. Really digging the look, by the way. You gotta tell me your workout secrets some time."
[18:10] <Knave> Callum gives a half-wave to Hel. "Callum." He explains.
01[18:11] <Antichthon> Hel nodded to each of them in turn, before turning the attention to the key. "If you release me, I can help fight. I'm threat level four for a reason." To Leah: "Get locked in a cell with nothing to do but work out."
[18:12] <gumbal1> "Makes sense. And, uh…sorry, you're cool and all but I'm not really allowed to do that. I'm on thin ice already after Leurgens caught me toking up in the art room after class."
01[18:12] <Antichthon> Another look to Leah. "Right."
[18:12] <@Silvors> Zita frowns before going to hug Eponnie. "This is Eponnie! By the way!" Zita says, realizing the doll girl hadn't introduced herself.
[18:13] <@Kioku> "I think we're aiming to /avoid/ fighting altogether, if we can. Would have been nice of them to mention how many people will be down here, though."
[18:13] <@Silvors> "I hope we can tell the people from the necroguyperson's dead people."
01[18:13] <Antichthon> "Thirty two," Hel said.
01[18:14] <Antichthon> As they drew near the end of the shaft, Zita would start to feel a very, very powerful artifact.
[18:14] <Knave> "What exactly is our plan, by the way?" Callum asks with the weariness that indicates that, from experience, he knows the answer is an awkward silence.
[18:15] <gumbal1> "Find artifact and secure place, I think. Eh, should be easy. No student's ever died on a mission before."
[18:15] <@Silvors> Zita shivers, a tingle running down her back before she spins to look out at the artifact's direction. "Th-There." She decides, with a point.
[18:15] <@Silvors> A point at the wall, mind you.
01[18:16] <Antichthon> Yeah, Zita would probably have to wait to get a more meaningful location.
[18:16] <Knave> "And what do we do about the thirty-two brainwashed innocents?"
[18:16] <@Kioku> "Hopefully? Sneak in as far as we can, stick together, don't kill anyone, let Zita find it, and - well it'd be too convenient if we had a way to outright suppress the effects… I'm not sure what they want us to do with it once we find it, actually."
[18:17] <EndPhone> "Indeed, that is a large oversight."
[18:17] <@Kioku> \Probably where Hel comes in?\ Akemi glances at the girl
01[18:18] <Antichthon> They reached the bottom of the shaft. Storage was dark, but there was a light coming from the far hall, and the quarters beyond. Something in the darkness was making a horrible chittering noise.
01[18:18] <Antichthon> > Perception rolls
[18:18] <@Silvors> Zita gave a look around and a smile before sneaking. Step. Step. She hugs Hel. "You're gonna help us! Right?"
[18:18] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+10 (+1 more if visual)
[18:18] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, (+1 more if visual): 10:8-8+10
[18:18] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+4
[18:18] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 3:7-8+4
[18:19] <Knave> 4d3-8+2
[18:19] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 0:6-8+2
[18:19] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+8 (double check that number?)
[18:19] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, (double check that number?): 7:7-8+8
[18:20] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Spirited Soul) Rather than percieving, Leah tries checking for any spiritual residue that could indicate extreme emotional actions (or actual spirits), with a focus of fresh imprints.
[18:20] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Spirited Soul) Rather than percieving, Leah tries checking for any spiritual residue that could indicate extreme emotional actions (or actual spirits), with a focus of fresh imprints.: 4:6-8+6
01[18:22] <Antichthon> Hel gave Zita another weak smile, nodded, and went into sneaking mode. Akemi and Eponnie would catch sight of something behind the boxes; a burned husk of a spidery leg, tipped with a gigantic tooth. The chittering stopped; it was listening. Leah would feel no spirits, but would feel the souls of thirty two people, all alive.
[18:22] <gumbal1> Leah opens her eyes. "None of them are dead, yet."
[18:23] <EndPhone> "There is a creature over there" Eponnie says quietly as she points
01[18:24] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[18:24] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 3:7-8+4
[18:24] <@Kioku> Akemi narrows her eyes at the glimpsed leg. "I get the strangest feeling that unless they've been working on functional-while-crispy teeth on legs, this 'necromancer' isn't the traditional sort…"
[18:25] <gumbal1> All alive, and…wait fuck. Creature? "…creature?"
[18:26] <@Kioku> \Well… calling it a creature is debatable…\ (Any emotion coming from it at all?)
[18:26] <gumbal1> ELP, half out of instinct and half out of caution, manifests behind Leah. "What kind of creature you mean?"
01[18:26] <Antichthon> The creature hadn't returned to chittering. It was moving around the boxes, and if they didn't move from the elevator it would soon enough cross paths with them. No emotion. from it. No brain at all.
[18:26] <@Silvors> Zita sharpens her longsword… WITH HER MIND! After she moves away from Hel, of course.
[18:27] <@Kioku> "The sort that doesn't feel. We should probably hurry up and start going."
[18:27] <EndPhone> "What is our course of action?"
[18:27] <EndPhone> (redact)
[18:27] <gumbal1> "Doesn't feel what? Yo'regonna have to be specific here."
[18:27] <Knave> Callum tenses, shifting himself towards the front of the group, "Follow Zita's nose and keep quiet, huh?"
[18:27] <@Kioku> "Doesn't /have feelings/," Akemi clarifies.
[18:28] <EndPhone> Eponnie does her best to keep track of it. "Let us go, then. Combat will attract attention."
[18:28] <@Kioku> She nods to Callum and puts a hand on Zita's back for a moment, giving her a smile, then darts forward to another box.
[18:28] <gumbal1> "So like, emotionless and sou-" Blink blink. "…yo, you know where its exact location is?"
[18:28] <@Silvors> Zita's nose didn't tell her where the artifact was, but she shrugged and moved regardless, trying to stay as sneaky as she can whilst still moving towards whatever direction had the artifact. Barring a wall barring her way.
[18:30] <@Kioku> Akemi frowns a little behind her mask at Leah's question and casts her gaze about to see if she can spot it again. If she does, she'll wrap an illusion set for only those desgnated in her mind as 'her allies' can see, making it glow neon pink to them until they look directly at it.
[18:31] <EndPhone> Eponnie make her way as well. She can't really move fast, but she also doesn't make much noise as a result.
[18:31] <@Kioku> Unfortunately, as /this/ particular use of her illusion powers presents something mental, Eponnie wouldn't see it.
01[18:31] <Antichthon> Hel followed the group. And no sooner did they move, then a spidery husk of horror climbed over the boxes to investigate the elevator. In the darkness it was hard to make out, but there were definitely more cobbled-together legs as well as piecemeal mandibles, dripping green fluid. Easy to locate now because of Akemi's spell, but still difficult to get a full image of it.
01[18:32] <Antichthon> Also, Zita would sense the artifact deep in the direction of excavations.
01[18:32] <Antichthon> And there was more chittering coming from the hallway.
[18:32] <gumbal1> Perfect. "Okay, like…I'm just gonna bring this thing along for the excursion as a scout, if you don't mind." ELP immediatly turns to face the thing.
[18:32] <@Silvors> Well that's the way that Zita is slowly leading the group!
[18:33] <@Silvors> Plus going that way let her avoid the creepy as fuck spider thing that would be haunting her nightmares for the next few weeks.
[18:33] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+5 (Act 2) "I'm really good with things without souls." And with that, ELP attempts ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL onto brainless spider.
[18:33] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 2) "I'm really good with things without souls." And with that, ELP attempts ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL onto brainless spider.: 6:9-8+5
[18:33] <EndPhone> "Is that wise?"
01[18:34] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+7
07[18:34] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 9:10-8+7
[18:34] <gumbal1> "I don't ask you questions about your dolls, you don't ask me questions about my stand. I know what I'm doing here."
[18:34] <@Kioku> \Leah doesn't worry about wise,\ Akemi thinks to herself at Eponnie's question, sighing. "Sounds like more of them in our way, so… well, if it /doesn't/ work, we probably would have to fight later anyway."
[18:36] <Knave> "Don't look so tough…" Callum contributes. He's just trying not to get in anyone's way.
01[18:37] <Antichthon> Problem was, the thing was already being controlled by someone else very good with things without souls. And that someone was better at it than Leah. And the attempt had alerted them. The spider-thing screeched, and from the hall two more ambled into the room on jury-rigged joints.
01[18:37] <Antichthon> > Stealth rolls
[18:37] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+9 Don't you dare notice me
[18:37] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Don't you dare notice me: 8:7-8+9
[18:37] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+4 shhhimactuallyaninja
[18:37] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors, shhhimactuallyaninja: 5:9-8+4
[18:37] <Knave> 4d3-8+2
[18:37] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 2:8-8+2
[18:38] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+4 Leah's learned to roll with it, Ash, and just accept the catestrophic failures stemming from lack of intel.
[18:38] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, Leah's learned to roll with it, Ash, and just accept the catestrophic failures stemming from lack of intel.: 5:9-8+4
[18:39] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+1 Please don't tell me Eponnie gets a penalty
[18:39] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, Please don't tell me Eponnie gets a penalty: 2:9-8+1
01[18:40] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[18:40] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 5:9-8+4
01[18:40] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[18:40] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 5:9-8+4
01[18:40] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[18:40] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 3:7-8+4
01[18:41] <Antichthon> Only Akemi escapes notice entirely. Roll initiatives, it's become a brawl.
[18:41] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+4
[18:41] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 7:11-8+4
[18:42] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+9 (Gymnast) Fucking spiders. Fucking undetectable soul replacements.
[18:42] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Gymnast) Fucking spiders. Fucking undetectable soul replacements.: 9:8-8+9
[18:42] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+11
[18:42] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku: 9:6-8+11
[18:42] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+7 (RTTC) Jesus tapdancing christ.
[18:42] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (RTTC) Jesus tapdancing christ.: 4:5-8+7
[18:43] <Knave> 4d3-8+6 (Sports Star)
[18:43] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Sports Star): 6:8-8+6
[18:43] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+4 Brains initiative, because Eponnie thinks fast
[18:43] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, Brains initiative, because Eponnie thinks fast: 4:8-8+4
01[18:44] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10
07[18:44] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 9:7-8+10
01[18:44] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10
07[18:44] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 7:5-8+10
01[18:44] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10
07[18:44] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 9:7-8+10
01[18:45] <Antichthon> Akemi > Spider 1 > Leah > Spider 2 > Zita > Spider 3 > Callum > Eponnie
01[18:45] <Antichthon> > Akemi
03[18:45] * Kioku changes topic to 'Hel on Earth, Init Akemi > Spider 1 > Leah > Spider 2 > Zita > Spider 3 > Callum > Eponnie'
[18:47] <gumbal1> (where does elp fit in)
01[18:47] <Antichthon> (Sorry, ELP occurs after Callum, before EPonnie)
01[18:47] <Antichthon> (IF you could add that, Kio.)
[18:48] <@Kioku> \Right. Can't feel them. No soul, according to Leah, but… if they can make decisions I can Take them, but it doesn't seem like they would. And it would take too long to forge a link through them to whoever /is/ controlling them, to take them instead. So that leaves…\ Akemi's eyes go pitch black for a moment as the same color covers her hands. She lashes out at the power actively being used on or in one of the spiders, trying to make
[18:48] <@Kioku> it backfire - though she has no idea if it'll even work, since she's never tried something like this, and the control / animation might not count as a continuous power.
03[18:48] * Silvors changes topic to 'Hel on Earth, Init Akemi > Spider 1 > Leah > Spider 2 > Zita > Spider 3 > Callum > ELP > Eponnie'
[18:48] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+9 Disruption Hex
[18:48] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Disruption Hex: 10:9-8+9
[18:48] <@Kioku> (Contested by the power animating/controlling them, if it's able to work)
01[18:49] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+7 Hex resistance
07[18:49] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Hex resistance: 10:11-8+7
01[18:50] <Antichthon> The idea was solid, but the necromancer was adept. Akemi would, however, locate the controlling force; it was located in the dining room, if the map was correct.
01[18:50] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4 Spider 1 lunges for Eponnie!
07[18:50] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Spider 1 lunges for Eponnie! : 3:7-8+4
01[18:51] <Antichthon> Also, there was a hell of a lot of clanking in the hall, and a lot of muffled chittering.
[18:51] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+10 (? I can't pull up her sheet, sorry) Eponnie takes it, with plastics endurance
[18:51] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, (? I can't pull up her sheet, sorry) Eponnie takes it, with plastics endurance: 12:10-8+10
01[18:52] <Antichthon> Indeed, the spider-abomination couldn't get through the dense plastic.
01[18:52] <Antichthon> > Leah
[18:52] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 4) Reach WITH IN to your LOCAL spider and you may find A Not-Friend and Anomaly…(translation: Leah's gonna tear the presence right out of this fucking thing with her bare (heavily spiritualized) hands)
[18:52] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 4) Reach WITH IN to your LOCAL spider and you may find A Not-Friend and Anomaly…(translation: Leah's gonna tear the presence right out of this fucking thing with her bare (heavily spiritualized) hands): 5:7-8+6
01[18:54] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[18:54] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 4:8-8+4
01[18:54] <Antichthon> And it worked. Spider three collapsed into a pile of parts. Leah would get the feeling, however, that wouldn't work again.
01[18:55] <Antichthon> > Spider 2
01[18:55] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4 Spider 2 attacks Callum!
07[18:55] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Spider 2 attacks Callum!: 6:10-8+4
[18:56] <Knave> 4d3-8+8 (Workhorse Endurance Defence Yeah)
[18:56] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Workhorse Endurance Defence Yeah): 10:10-8+8
01[18:56] <Antichthon> Deflected, even without the doll!
01[18:56] <Antichthon> > Zita
[18:56] <@Silvors> You don't hurt Zita's Eponnie! Zita knows one thing, and that's that you kill normal spiders by stomping 'em! So, she raises her sword above her head, swings it down, then turns it into a warhammer midswing. A warhammer with a MASSIVE head. Gotta crush it!
[18:56] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+11
[18:56] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 13:10-8+11
02[18:57] * Cezar (moc.duolccri.etaghgih.762819-gg|484531diu#moc.duolccri.etaghgih.762819-gg|484531diu) Quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
01[18:58] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10
07[18:58] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 9:7-8+10
01[18:59] <Antichthon> And crush it Zita did, doing serious damage. If it was an acatual spider it'd be dead. It wasn't. It shrugged off the damaged parts, reformed, and was ready for comabt.
01[18:59] <Antichthon> >Spider 3 is gone
01[18:59] <Antichthon> >Callum
[19:00] <Knave> Callum reels back and swings a punch at the spider that attacked him. As noted, the guy is simplicity itself.
[19:00] <Knave> 4d3-8+5
[19:00] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 2:5-8+5
01[19:00] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:00] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 4:8-8+4
01[19:00] <Antichthon> The spider takes the hit and is flung back, but reforms with no notable damage.
01[19:02] <Antichthon> > ELP
[19:02] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3) Fuckin' sweet! G-d, if only Keef were here to see that. ELP's gonna…shit. Okay. Maybe just…stick a spectral hand inside spidey (thank g-d ELP's not entirely physical) and create an outward blast of kinetic energy that hopefully makes spidey explode. (Spider 2 targeted)
[19:02] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) Fuckin' sweet! G-d, if only Keef were here to see that. ELP's gonna…shit. Okay. Maybe just…stick a spectral hand inside spidey (thank g-d ELP's not entirely physical) and create an outward blast of kinetic energy that hopefully makes spidey explode. (Spider 2 targeted): 6:8-8+6
01[19:03] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:03] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 2:6-8+4
01[19:04] <Antichthon> It worked, but not as well as Leah's first attack. Again the spider reformed, but was basically just legs now.
01[19:04] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
[19:05] <EndPhone> Eponnie sends 2 attack dolls each against the remaining spiders. That would hopefully make them quickly dead.
01[19:06] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+5
07[19:06] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 7:10-8+5
01[19:07] <Antichthon> A new entity enters the fight! (Kio, please replace 'Spider 3' With 'Mind controlled mob')
01[19:07] <Antichthon> > Akemi
03[19:07] * Silvors changes topic to 'Hel on Earth, Init Akemi > Spider 1 > Leah > Spider 2 > Zita > Mind-Controlled Mob > Callum > ELP > Eponnie'
[19:07] <@Kioku> \Well, there he is. And normally this would be perfect to use that link to charm him~ But he's being controlled by something else already… and something powerful, so they say. Dammit. And they all know we're here now, since one of them does.\ Akemi hisses very softly and wonders - if they're more objects than beings, why not cut it? And so Ribbon it is, straight up slashing to pieces for the most hurt spider, though secretly she's at
[19:07] <@Kioku> least happy her friends aren't having much trouble. \Speaking of which…\ She looks over to Hel right afterward, to see how she's doing.
[19:08] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+9 Twice Felt Pain
[19:08] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Twice Felt Pain: 7:6-8+9
[19:08] <@Kioku> (Targets brawn for 'objects')
01[19:09] <Antichthon> Hel was fine, dealing with the stress of the situation with no more than a clenched jaw. She was keeping out of the way, though.
01[19:09] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:09] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 5:9-8+4
01[19:10] <Antichthon> Spider 2, still standing. On three legs, with no body. Legs just attached to one another at the root.
01[19:11] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4 Spider 1 sees a sweeter target in Zita!
07[19:11] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Spider 1 sees a sweeter target in Zita!: 5:9-8+4
[19:11] <@Silvors> Zita's going to block it, of course! 4d3-8+11
[19:11] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+11
[19:11] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 13:10-8+11
01[19:11] <Antichthon> Block'd.
01[19:12] <Antichthon> > Leah
[19:12] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3, not sure if brawn should be added so didn't, if so should be 9) Leah's heart (and hand) burns! It trembles with the thrill of battle (and accumulated kinetic energy)! Feel the beat of her soul (and her fist crashing into spider 1)! SOUL BLUE OVERDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
[19:12] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3, not sure if brawn should be added so didn't, if so should be 9) Leah's heart (and hand) burns! It trembles with the thrill of battle (and accumulated kinetic energy)! Feel the beat of her soul (and her fist crashing into spider 1)! SOUL BLUE OVERDRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!: 5:7-8+6
01[19:13] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:13] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 6:10-8+4
01[19:13] <Antichthon> Spider 1 continues its irritating tendency to not actually get hurt by awesome attacks.
01[19:13] <Antichthon> > Spider 2
01[19:14] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4 Spider 2 or rather the tripod that remained, meanwhile, goes after Leah. Legs still had serrated teeth on the tips, after all.
07[19:14] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Spider 2 or rather the tripod that remained, meanwhile, goes after Leah. Legs still had serrated teeth on the tips, after all.: 3:7-8+4
[19:15] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+4 Fuck off, first she just snubbed on an awesome attack and now a spiderleg thing is after her. Leah just tries dodging to the side.
[19:15] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, Fuck off, first she just snubbed on an awesome attack and now a spiderleg thing is after her. Leah just tries dodging to the side.: 4:8-8+4
01[19:15] <Antichthon> Dodge'd.
01[19:15] <Antichthon> > Zita
[19:15] <@Silvors> Alright, so the crushing it didn't work. That means Zita needed to try something else, right? Like pinning it in place! Zita turns her warhammer into a spear leaping into the air and spinning the thing once so the point was aimed downward at Spider 1's core. Then, she thrusted the weapon downward, trying to plunge the anti-anomaly spear into the thing and trap it! Like a tree growing out of a mound of spider. Except the
[19:15] <@Silvors> tree is a spear. And the spider is… a spider.
[19:15] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+11
[19:15] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 9:6-8+11
01[19:16] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 Quick little bastard.
07[19:16] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Quick little bastard.: 12:10-8+10
01[19:17] <Antichthon> Spider 1 steps to the side, and Zita's attack misses.
01[19:17] <Antichthon> > Mind controlled mob
01[19:19] <Antichthon> The din has attracted the occupants of the Quarters. By the looks of it, ten of them. Mostly scientists, but a couple of armed soldiers. Didn't help that whatever was controlling the scientists knew how to fight; The group swarmed Callum. Two attacks!
01[19:19] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+5
07[19:19] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 4:7-8+5
01[19:19] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+5
07[19:19] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 4:7-8+5
01[19:20] <Antichthon> > 2 defense rolls please, Knave.
[19:20] <Knave> 4d3-8+8 (Workhorse)
[19:20] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Workhorse): 7:7-8+8
[19:20] <Knave> 4d3-8+8 (Workhorse)
[19:20] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Workhorse): 6:6-8+8
01[19:20] <Antichthon> Callum was a tank. Unfortunately, the soldiers had stayed back to shower Callum with bullets.
01[19:20] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+8
07[19:20] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 10:10-8+8
01[19:20] <Antichthon> > 1 more defense roll
[19:21] <Knave> 4d3-8+8 (Workhorse)
[19:21] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Workhorse): 8:8-8+8
01[19:21] <Antichthon> > 1 Damage, Callum
01[19:21] <Antichthon> > Callum
[19:23] <Knave> Innocent civilians, and lots of them. Lean into the skid. Callum spreads his arms and moves to intercept all the mob's attention, and braces himself for damage.
[19:23] <Knave> 4d3-8+4 (Adapto-Morphic Biology)
[19:23] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Adapto-Morphic Biology): 7:11-8+4
[19:24] <Knave> (Callum has soaks the next 3 damage he takes)
01[19:24] <Antichthon> > ELP
[19:24] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3 = ORA ORA ORA) Give Leah a fucking break. Spider 1 must think they're invincible to normal attacks, and therefore above justice. In that case…ELP will be the judge! She judges spider 1 as guilty! And the sentence? Rapid-fire fisticuff-like bursts of kinetic energy! (It's almost not surprising when ELP suddenly starts vocalising her Oras.)…wait, shit, that's the sounds of civvies hurting friends. Eh, she'll deal with holy f
[19:24] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3 = ORA ORA ORA) Give Leah a fucking break. Spider 1 must think they're invincible to normal attacks, and therefore above justice. In that case…ELP will be the judge! She judges spider 1 as guilty! And the sentence? Rapid-fire fisticuff-like bursts of kinetic energy! (It's almost not surprising when ELP suddenly starts vocalising her Oras.)…wait, shit, that's the sounds of civvies hurting friends. Eh, she'll deal with //h
[19:24] <gumbal1> uck bullets
…fuck, ELP isn't really nonlethal. She'll have to deal with that on her own.
[19:25] <gumbal1> 4d3-9+6 meowbot if you could kindly actually roll dice
[19:25] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, meowbot if you could kindly actually roll dice: 6:9-9+6
[19:25] <gumbal1> (that should be 7, i put -9 instead of -8)
01[19:25] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:25] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 5:9-8+4
01[19:26] <Antichthon> And spider one tries to take the hits, but they were too numerous, too powerful. It skitters back, hurt.
01[19:26] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
01[19:27] <Antichthon> Also, the doll got a good swipe in, too.
[19:29] <EndPhone> Eponnie goes with Cal to block the mob. Honestly, what else can she do? Not hit things.
01[19:29] <Antichthon> > Akemi
[19:29] <@Kioku> Akemi turns her attention to the people streaming in, wincing a little. So much for stealth indeed. She didn't want to try to supplant the artifact's control with her own - well, she really did, but she didn't want to be forced into it like this. \I could trap one of them in a Dream, but… not so many. Damn hive mind.\ Akemi's allure focuses on one of them and flares up to assist her as she reaches out to them, flashing her true self at
[19:29] <@Kioku> one of the soldiers with influence laden suggestions backing it up to resonate through them. ~Want me. Be mine. I'm worth breaking free for, you can do it for me even if you can't on your own. Come to me and let me guide you~~
[19:29] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 Charm overdrive (+2 more if she can make use of desire in the process)
[19:29] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Charm overdrive (+2 more if she can make use of desire in the process): 15:9-8+14
01[19:32] <Antichthon> The entity behind this wasn't the same as the entity behind the spiders. And it was not happy at Akemi's attempt to overpower its hold.
01[19:32] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15
07[19:32] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 13:6-8+15
01[19:32] <Antichthon> Nevertheless, Akemi is successful. One of the soldiers is charmed, and slaved to her will.
01[19:33] <Antichthon> There must have been some communication between the entity that controlled the mob and the entity that controlled the spiders, because Spider one instantly turned and launched itself at Akemi 4d3-8+4
01[19:34] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4
07[19:34] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 3:7-8+4
01[19:34] <Antichthon> Meanwhile, the mob (Sans the one soldier) Spoke as one. "Leave, now. Or I will kill them."
[19:35] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+11 reflex
[19:35] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, reflex: 11:8-8+11
01[19:36] <Antichthon> Easy dodge on Akemi's part.
01[19:36] <Antichthon> > Leah
[19:36] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+9 (Agility+Gymnast) Okay, rush over to gunmen and trip into them to knock gun away from friends. (being afraid of firearms and dolls but shrugging off demons #justleahthings )
[19:36] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Agility+Gymnast) Okay, rush over to gunmen and trip into them to knock gun away from friends. (being afraid of firearms and dolls but shrugging off demons #justleahthings ): 11:10-8+9
01[19:38] <Antichthon> The remaining soldier still under the artifact's power tried to target Leah in time, but couldn't. Well, so much for the guns.
01[19:38] <Antichthon> > Spider 2
01[19:39] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+4 Spider 2, the plucky little thing, was still a threat, and it was after Zita.
07[19:39] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Spider 2, the plucky little thing, was still a threat, and it was after Zita. : 4:8-8+4
[19:39] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+11
[19:39] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 9:6-8+11
01[19:40] <Antichthon> The spiders just weren't very effective, were they?
01[19:40] <Antichthon> > Zita
[19:40] <@Silvors> Well, Zita was going to seal the human mob inside of a dome, but the usefulness of that was a bit lower, seeing as how the gunman wouldn't be captured. Regardless, Zita tosses her spear into the air above the mob, minus the gunman that Leah was currently next to, and tries to trap them all within a dome of gold and ivory enchanted material. (I have no idea what I should roll here. Melee combat? Ranged combat? Engineering?
[19:40] <@Silvors> Do I even need to roll?)
01[19:41] <Antichthon> (No roll)
01[19:43] <Antichthon> Zita was successful; the mob was captured, sans the two gunmen. Spider 1 and what remained of spider 2 seemed to see the writing on the wall and ran. They skittered into the hall and up towards the dining room.
01[19:44] <Antichthon> -Combat ended. For now-
01[19:45] <Antichthon> The mob, meanwhile, stared at at the group from their cage. "I warned you." As one they lifted their knives to slice them across their throats.
01[19:45] <Antichthon> > Open action to stop them!
[19:45] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 4) Okay, rude. ELP looks for any potential manifestiation of the spiritual presence in the air (soul tendril or otherwise), then goes to punch it for being mean and taking hostages.
[19:45] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 4) Okay, rude. ELP looks for any potential manifestiation of the spiritual presence in the air (soul tendril or otherwise), then goes to punch it for being mean and taking hostages.: 5:7-8+6
[19:45] <@Kioku> "Wouldn't you be bored without them? Could you stand just staying down here, lost and forgotten even longer~?" Yes, Akemi is trying to persuade the artifact by talking through its collective. Well. Through the remaining soldeier outside of the dome that's still under its control, at the very least. "Surely anything is better than that~? Don't you want to be found and appreciated~?"
[19:45] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 Persuade overdrive (6+7+1)
[19:45] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Persuade overdrive (6+7+1): 14:8-8+14
[19:45] <@Kioku> (Err, not overdrive)
[19:45] <@Kioku> (That part was miscopy)
[19:46] <Knave> Callum's a simple guy. He's gonna try to reach through the cage and physically stop the nearest innocent from killing themselves by grabbing their wrist.
01[19:46] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15
07[19:46] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 14:7-8+15
[19:46] <Knave> 4d3-8+6 (Sports Star)
[19:46] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (Sports Star): 7:9-8+6
[19:49] <EndPhone> Eponnie hurries to the best of her abilities as well
[19:49] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+1 (subtract something for her weakness?)
[19:49] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, (subtract something for her weakness?): 0:7-8+1
[19:49] <@Silvors> Zita's going to make hands grow out of the cages bar to try and stop as many as she can!
[19:49] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+10 (assuming this counts as melee grapple)
[19:49] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors, (assuming this counts as melee grapple): 13:11-8+10
01[19:50] <Antichthon> The psychic force would be invisible to Leah, but not so the necromancer's control. She would find the source of it, in the dining room. But she'd also find something else, something in excavations. The necromancer was awakening it, and unlike the spider-puppets, truly giving it a soul replacement.
[19:52] <gumbal1> "…dining room. The ones of us who can't keep these people from killing themselves should head there."
01[19:52] <Antichthon> THe mob did hesitate long enough to say, "You have no idea who I am, do you?" And then, grinning, sliced their own throats. Callum prevented one; Zita prevented another. Seven people collapsed to the ground, choking over their own blood. "Twenty one are still alive," Said the remaining two. "Leave, and they stay that way."
[19:53] <@Silvors> Zita has a plan. A really stupid plan. "Hel! What's your power?"
01[19:53] <Antichthon> Besides the two survivors, there was also the confused soldier under Akemi's control.
[19:54] <Knave> Callum's breathing heavy, probably sweating like nobody's business. Through choking sounds he manages, "Anyone got any restraints?" All the budget in the world they can't send us down here with some zipcuffs.
[19:55] <gumbal1> And Leah just…turns away, trying not to vomit.
[19:55] <@Silvors> Zita shakes her head. She could heal them. She could! But… she couldn't. She didn't want to. It would save lives, but the act of doing it terrified her. So she bit her lip and went to hug Eponnie.
[19:55] <Knave> (Incidentally, Callum's body automatically heals the 1 damage)
[19:56] <EndPhone> Eponnie appeared unfazed. "We must hurry, I believe."
[19:56] <@Silvors> Zita gulps before nodding. "I-I think I'm going to head to the artifact? Maybe?"
[19:56] <@Kioku> Akemi's eyes blaze gold for a moment before she pushes away her… anger? Frustration? Hate? Whatever it is she's feeling toward this thing. "Keep them safe from themselves for me," she says to Her guard before running over to them. "Does anyone have water? And, I don't know, a large bowl?"
03[19:56] * Lena is now known as lena|store-run-brb
01[19:56] <Antichthon> Hel, who also seemed unphased, said to Zita: Psychic nullification. Extremely powerful." Sent Zita rather inappropriate smile. "Why do you think they wanted me?"
[19:57] <@Kioku> Akemi stares at Hel for a moment. \Then why the Hel did they say to wait until the place was secured before letting her go??![19:57] <Knave> "Not going anywhere until these two are safe." Callum growls. One hand still on the suicide-risk's wrist, he tears off his shirt one-handed and works on binding the innocent's wrists together with it.
[19:57] <gumbal1> "…dining room. Necro's doing something bad." Leah doesn't wait for a response, just running in that general direction on her own. She's too disturbed by this.
[19:58] <@Silvors> Zita goes to grow the bars to grab the hands of the man Callum was restraining.
[19:58] <@Kioku> "Bowl! Water! Do you have it?! Come on, we can save at least one or two of them!"
01[19:58] <Antichthon> The soldier nodded to Akemi and obeyed. The remaining two civilians, one man, one woman, wouldn't stop grinning.
01[19:59] <Antichthon> And yes, the seven weren't actually dead yet, and still squirming.
[20:00] <Knave> "Not on me, no!" Callum says in exasperation. /Where would I be hiding those?/
[20:00] <@Silvors> Zita goes to start walking in the direction of the artifact.
[20:00] <gumbal1> She can't help them. She can't help them. She can't help them. All she can do is go on. She can't help them. She can't help her. She can't help them.
[20:01] <EndPhone> "You two finish here, if you do not need me." Eponnie follows after Zita.
01[20:01] <Antichthon> Leah, meanwhile, would run past the huge door leading to excavations. It was coverd in dents, and things chittered and slammed against it as she passed. Leah would be able to tell now there was more than just a growing necro-soul in there. There were more spiders. Likely several dozen of them. Leah would also see that the way to the Rec Room was blocked by rubble. The dining room was blocked by a wall of flesh.
[20:01] <@Kioku> "Dammit, all I have is tea and that won't work!" Akemi starts rummaging through boxes. This is a storage area, isn't it?" Eponnie! Can you make a bowl from plastic? It can be shallow!"
01[20:01] <Antichthon> Zita would sense the artifact in Excavations, behind the giant, busted door.
[20:01] <@Kioku> \Aaaand she's already left.[20:01] <@Kioku> \This is not staying together…[20:02] <Knave> Callum picks up on Akemi's strategy and tears himself from the place he's rooted to, tearing open boxes at speed looking for anything to help with, tossing stuff in Akemi's direction if it even looks helpful.
[20:02] <EndPhone> "Not on such short notice, Akemi. I am sorry… If you could sever and hollow my arm?"
01[20:02] <Antichthon> Most of the victims were dead, but Kio was correct; it was storage, Callum and Akemi, enterprising as they were, would probably find what they needed to save two or three.
[20:03] <gumbal1> Fuck this. Leah claws at the door, channeling heat to her touch to help expediate the process of tearing down that wall. You know, remember Marcellus Wallace's line about a blow torch and plyers?
[20:03] <@Silvors> Zita looks at the dented wall and turned back to return to the storage room. New plan. She summoned her spellbook and copied the rejuvenation charm. She had forgotten about it, healing via blood most of the time anyways.
[20:04] <@Kioku> Akemi shakes her head at Eponnie. "Ugh, we don't have time to use a bowl for this or anything. Callum, cup your hands!" If they found what they need, she'd pour water into whatever she could and place a victim's neck in it, making sure the wound was fully submerged before channeling her Rejuvination Charm through the water to heal it up.
01[20:05] <Antichthon> And Leah would punch a hole through the door, but it would rapidly begin to heal. Before it did, she'd see the spiders, as well as plenty other organic matter. Also a man, looking like a bespeckled scientist. At the sight of her, he ran for the kitchen; the organic mass grew together, followed, and put up more fleshwalls.
01[20:05] <Antichthon> Leah would eventually break down her fleshwall, though.
[20:05] <@Silvors> She read over its instructions and… it looks like that's what Akemi was doing! She imitates Akemi, casting the rejuvenation charm and using water. She was doing her best to imagine that this wasn't blood. It's just warm, thick water… right?
[20:05] <EndPhone> "Do you two need me, then? I do not wish to leave the others long"
[20:05] <Knave> Callum follows Akemi's instructions. Right now obeying and doing something is the only thing keeping him running.
[20:06] <EndPhone> (redact)
[20:06] <gumbal1> That's what she needs to do, right? Follow the man, and all this will be stopped. No fucking flesh wall would stop her. She may or may not be double teaming the walls with ELP to expediate the process.
[20:06] <EndPhone> Eponnie does her best to help too. Healing these people is a good idea, after all
01[20:07] <Antichthon> And Hel helped, too.
01[20:08] <Antichthon> Behind the kitchen's flesh walls, Leah would find that the man had retreated further, iknto the freezer. Heavy metal doors covered in flesh still stood in her way.
01[20:08] <Antichthon> And all together, the team in storage would save three lives.
01[20:08] <Antichthon> Provided they could get them out of there.
[20:09] <@Silvors> Zita bars (get it?) the people's hands, holding them in place with branches off the cage, trapping their hands.
01[20:09] <Antichthon> Six survivors, now.
[20:09] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+7 (Rotten to the core) Nothing is going to stop her from saving them. Not metal, not flesh, not some coward who took hostages.
[20:09] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Rotten to the core) Nothing is going to stop her from saving them. Not metal, not flesh, not some coward who took hostages.: 9:10-8+7
[20:10] <gumbal1> That door is going down if Leah has to eat it herself, which she's kinda doing already, in a way, if 'stealing vitality' counted for eat.
[20:11] <Knave> Once everything possible has been done in storage, Callum shakily follows the others to whatever they're doing nowadays.
01[20:11] <Antichthon> And Leah would break down the door, but not before she felt the soul in excavations become complete. Even through the thick metal walls, the reverberations of its wail were felt as much as heard.
[20:11] <@Silvors> "Where's Leah? Should we go to the big door? There's a big dented do- Oh no."
[20:11] <EndPhone> "Now that they are safe, we should follow her immediately." Eponnie goes for the door.
01[20:12] <Antichthon> Also, Leah would break into the freezer in time to see the man's head disappear under a mountain of flesh. A flesh suit. The massive thing slammed its fists together, and then slammed its fists at Leah.
[20:12] <@Kioku> "Hel… why would they say not to 'unleash' you until the place was secured? What difference would that possibly make for the better, waiting so long if it's going to happen anyway?" Akemi glances up the shaft and growls slightly, then looks at her hands. The spell dissolved all of the blood outside their bodies and cleaned as well, leaving no signs… and a part of her wishes that it hadn't, because she still /feels/ their blood all over
[20:12] <@Kioku> them. "Let's go… she was going for the dining room, but I have no idea why she'd waste time with the necromancer instead of just moving on to our goal /before/ it kills again."
01[20:12] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10
07[20:12] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon: 8:6-8+10
[20:12] <gumbal1> "You. Fix the-" …fuck.
01[20:13] <Antichthon> "What sort of fucking sense do they ever make?" Hel returned.
03[20:13] * Cezar (moc.duolccri.etaghgih.762819-gg|484531diu#moc.duolccri.etaghgih.762819-gg|484531diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[20:14] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+9 (Gymnast) Thankfully, slamming your fists together before slamming your fists towards your enemy means you give your enemy enough time to let their gymnastics training through. Which means 'fuck, dodge'.
[20:14] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Gymnast) Thankfully, slamming your fists together before slamming your fists towards your enemy means you give your enemy enough time to let their gymnastics training through. Which means 'fuck, dodge'.: 6:5-8+9
02[20:15] * SolongStarbird (moc.rr.ser.anilorac.558-82-36-470-kmx|ratSgnoloS#moc.rr.ser.anilorac.558-82-36-470-kmx|ratSgnoloS) Quit (Quit: *Rides off into the sunset* *Is engulfed by sun*)
01[20:15] <Antichthon> The flesh golem, Necromancer inside, still clipped Leah's jaw.
01[20:15] <Antichthon> > 1 damage
[20:16] <@Kioku> \I want to just… push at it. Make it care. Right through the link it has to these people, use them to reach it with my influence rather than freeing them.\ Akemi's fist clenches. \And why shouldn't I? It'll kill even more whether I do or not, won't it?01[20:16] <Antichthon> > Characters will be added to initiative in order of arrival. So far, Flesh Golem > Leah
01[20:16] <Antichthon> > Leah
[20:16] <@Silvors> Zita has no weapon now, since Sircatore was keeping the people from killing themselves. She resummons her book to her hands, flipping through to copy the Ice Maker spell, then she casts it to create a sword of ice. It was dense enough to not be brittle but… Sircatore still felt more natural. "Akemi! I have a plan."
[20:16] <@Silvors> "It's a dumb one though."
01[20:16] <Antichthon> > ELP after LEah
[20:16] <@Kioku> Akemi looks at the sword, then looks at Zita. "Does it involve ice restraints?"
[20:17] <gumbal1> Fuck, that's gonna bruise…"…you know what? I was just gonna beat the shit out of you and force you to free the captives. But if you die here?" Leah's hands heat up.
[20:17] <@Silvors> "No it… nevermind! Let's go help Leah!" Zita says, before trying to remember where the dining room was.
[20:17] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3) "It's your own fault." And with that, Leah tries setting the flesh aflame.
[20:17] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) "It's your own fault." And with that, Leah tries setting the flesh aflame.: 4:6-8+6
[20:18] <EndPhone> Eponnie was as close far down as she could get without losing earshot/sight of them. "Which way?"
[20:18] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 4) While Act 4 tries punching the necro directly in the soul.
[20:18] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 4) While Act 4 tries punching the necro directly in the soul.: 6:8-8+6
01[20:18] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+8 The flesh was mostly charred already
07[20:18] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The flesh was mostly charred already: 12:12-8+8
01[20:18] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+9 And the necromancer's soul was strong.
07[20:19] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, And the necromancer's soul was strong.: 9:8-8+9
01[20:19] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The golem's fists were stronger.
07[20:19] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The golem's fists were stronger.: 9:7-8+10
[20:20] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+9 (AG+GYM) But Leah was hopefully faster.
[20:20] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (AG+GYM) But Leah was hopefully faster.: 7:6-8+9
01[20:20] <Antichthon> Another clip, this time to Leah's thigh.
01[20:20] <Antichthon> > Leah
[20:22] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (RTTC) If fire won't work, rotting will work just fine. This is going to stop, now.
[20:22] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (RTTC) If fire won't work, rotting will work just fine. This is going to stop, now.: 6:8-8+6
[20:22] <gumbal1> (should be 7)
[20:22] <EndPhone> Eponnie just takes the nearest doors until she finds them fighting. No idea how long that'll take.
[20:22] <@Silvors> Zita's going to charge in and try to stab the thing with an ice sword!
[20:22] <Knave> Callum's been after then for a while
[20:22] <@Silvors> When she can, of course.
[20:23] <@Kioku> Akemi tries just that, pushing influence on the artifact, or whatever it is, by acting through the connection to the ones it's controlling. The dining room isn't big enough for all of them to be fighting anyway.
[20:23] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 4) No, no! A fluke! Again, again with the punching!
[20:23] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 4) No, no! A fluke! Again, again with the punching!: 5:7-8+6
[20:23] <EndPhone> (I guess all 3 of them arrive together? Eponnie'd definitely be last, then)
03[20:23] * TrisSebell (moc.retrahc.aw.cwnk.pchd.870-32-314-14|aijG#moc.retrahc.aw.cwnk.pchd.870-32-314-14|aijG) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[20:24] <@Silvors> Wait, Zita's going to see the weird flesh thing and be creeped out, since, well, that's disgusting. Instead she's going to head to the dented door and stare at it. Staaare. If only she had some way to go through walls!
01[20:25] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+5 The flesh of the thing had been recovered from solidified lava. Hard to believe it still counted as flesh to rot.
07[20:25] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The flesh of the thing had been recovered from solidified lava. Hard to believe it still counted as flesh to rot.: 6:9-8+5
03[20:25] * Silvors changes topic to 'Hel on Earth, Init Flesh Golem > Leah > ELP > Callum > Eponnie'
01[20:25] <Antichthon> It did, though. It was just too tough for Leah's attempt.
01[20:25] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+9 Soul was still strong; this necromancer had seen some tough shit
07[20:25] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Soul was still strong; this necromancer had seen some tough shit: 10:9-8+9
01[20:26] <Antichthon> > Callum
01[20:26] <Antichthon> Things continued to bang into the door Zita was staring at. The dents were spreading.
[20:27] <@Silvors> Zita's going to gulp before turning her spellbook and try to create an ice wall on this side. She had to reinforce it somehow, right?
[20:27] <Knave> The flesh golem thing the necromancer's wrapped in is probably the most disgusting thing he's seen today. He would be reeling with repulsion if it didn't read so obviously as "bad guy", and every muscle in him knows what to do with bad guys. He stretches, flexes, lets those muscles get ready (Adreno-Muscular Surge Capacity: Strength)
01[20:28] <Antichthon> As for Akemi, the thing didn't like that she was being nosy. Pushing influence on the artifact allowed it to push influence back, and it had a hell of a psychic attack
01[20:28] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Psychic attack on Akemi!
07[20:28] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Psychic attack on Akemi!: 13:6-8+15
[20:29] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 "I won't be countered so easily."
[20:29] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, "I won't be countered so easily.": 13:8-8+13
[20:29] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+12 Just to progressively weaken its resolve…
[20:29] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Just to progressively weaken its resolve…: 11:7-8+12
01[20:29] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
[20:30] <EndPhone> Eponnie re-applies protection dolls to the two of them, Protection dolls +3, in fact (22/30 DP)
[20:30] <@Silvors> Zita's going to go ahead and float up into the air, leaving a little gap at the top so she can fly into the excavation if and when the door gets destroyed, leaving the vast majority of the bottom reinforced with a thick wall of ice. She wanted a little tiny opening at the top that she could fit through! And she would continually reinforce the bottom with more ice from her spot at the top until she got that opening!
01[20:31] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 It was a hell of a challenge, even for one such as Akemi
07[20:31] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, It was a hell of a challenge, even for one such as Akemi: 16:9-8+15
01[20:31] <Antichthon> ~You're a powerful one, aren't you?~ Cooed the artifact. ~And…~ Akemi would feel something rooting around in her mind.
01[20:32] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Looking for information.
07[20:32] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Looking for information.: 14:7-8+15
[20:32] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 Stay out!
[20:32] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Stay out!: 16:11-8+13
[20:32] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+12 The only thing you get to look at is Me.
[20:32] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, The only thing you get to look at is Me.: 12:8-8+12
01[20:32] <Antichthon> > Flesh Golem
01[20:33] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The thing had a hard-on for Leah. It tried to bring its fists down on her and drive her into the ground.
07[20:33] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The thing had a hard-on for Leah. It tried to bring its fists down on her and drive her into the ground.: 10:8-8+10
[20:34] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+4 yeah, the doll's dead…
[20:34] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+9 Unfortunately for it, Leah was only attracted to human girls. She was repelled by giant monsterous fists, and showed it in how quickly she tried dodging.
[20:34] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, yeah, the doll's dead…: 6:10-8+4
[20:34] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, Unfortunately for it, Leah was only attracted to human girls. She was repelled by giant monsterous fists, and showed it in how quickly she tried dodging.: 6:5-8+9
01[20:34] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~So brave for an infant. So sure of yourself. You would make a wonderful mate.~
07[20:34] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~So brave for an infant. So sure of yourself. You would make a wonderful mate.~: 14:7-8+15
[20:34] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 ~I'm happy with the one I have, thanks.~
[20:34] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~I'm happy with the one I have, thanks.~: 13:8-8+13
[20:35] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+12 Even if it takes a while…
[20:35] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, Even if it takes a while…: 11:7-8+12
01[20:35] <Antichthon> > 1 damage is absorbed by Eponnie's tank doll; Leah still takes two damage, and a weaker person would have had their neck snapped by the impact.
01[20:36] <Antichthon> > ELP
[20:36] <EndPhone> (that's not how the dolls work)
[20:36] <EndPhone> (it's a hard interception. The entire attack goes to the doll)
[20:37] <gumbal1> (Leah didn't use the doll)
01[20:37] <Antichthon> > In that case, Leah takes three damage.
[20:37] <EndPhone> (that's not her choice, unless she's actively restraining it :/ )
[20:37] <gumbal1> (fun fact: she actually is)
[20:38] <EndPhone> (I didn't see you mention it, sorry)
01[20:38] <Antichthon> The door wasn't going to break anytime soon. The things had been pounding on it long before they arrived.
[20:38] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 2) No, no! She refuses to die like this! ELP, wrest control of the flesh from this necro!
[20:38] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 2) No, no! She refuses to die like this! ELP, wrest control of the flesh from this necro!: 8:10-8+6
[20:38] <gumbal1> (should be 7, actually)
[20:38] <@Silvors> Zita realizes this and decides to fly around the roof to look for vents! Are there any vents on the ceiling?
01[20:40] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+9 ELPs up against 20 years of deliberate practice controlling dead flesh.
07[20:40] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ELPs up against 20 years of deliberate practice controlling dead flesh.: 9:8-8+9
01[20:40] <Antichthon> > Callum
01[20:41] <Antichthon> Zita: Vents, yes, but nothing that would lead into excavations. That door was in the only way in.
[20:41] <Knave> Simple as a brick to the face. Charge. Plant foot. Throw weight behind a big right hook to the golem's centre of mass.
[20:41] <Knave> 4d3-8+7
[20:41] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 6:7-8+7
01[20:42] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The flesh golem had no eyes, but if it did, it would be staring Callum down.
[20:43] <@Silvors> Zita frowns. Well, that certaily ruins that. She decides to check the labs!
01[20:43] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The flesh golem had no eyes, but if it did, it would be staring Callum down.
07[20:43] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The flesh golem had no eyes, but if it did, it would be staring Callum down.: 8:6-8+10
07[20:43] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The flesh golem had no eyes, but if it did, it would be staring Callum down.: 9:7-8+10
01[20:43] <Antichthon> (Sorry. Connection issues)
01[20:43] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
01[20:44] <Antichthon> > Zita, Perception
[20:45] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+4
[20:45] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 6:10-8+4
01[20:45] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Do keep this up, little one. I'm enjoying this.~
07[20:45] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Do keep this up, little one. I'm enjoying this.~: 15:8-8+15
01[20:45] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Another attempt to comb Akemi's mind
07[20:45] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Another attempt to comb Akemi's mind: 16:9-8+15
[20:45] <@Kioku> (I'm not sure which are attacks and which are resistance at this point. If it's still attacking)
[20:45] <@Kioku> (Ah!)
01[20:46] <Antichthon> (Sorry!)
01[20:46] <Antichthon> Zita: You notice in one of the labs, the air shimmers wrong.
[20:46] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 ~Who /are/ you?~
[20:46] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Who /are/ you?~: 12:7-8+13
[20:46] <EndPhone> Eponnie activates power surge, and goes in to attack this big ball of flesh.
[20:46] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 … I'll have you. (Overdrive)
[20:46] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, … I'll have you. (Overdrive): 13:7-8+14
[20:47] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+6 (brawn+2 from power surge)
[20:47] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, (brawn+2 from power surge): 6:8-8+6
[20:47] <@Silvors> Zita's going to poke the weird shimmer with her ice sword.
01[20:48] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 Brute force wasn't working so well.
07[20:48] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Brute force wasn't working so well.: 13:11-8+10
01[20:48] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Oh, this is delicious. You -do- know me. What are the chances of that?~
07[20:48] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Oh, this is delicious. You -do- know me. What are the chances of that?~: 15:8-8+15
01[20:49] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 A real psychic attack this time!
07[20:49] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, A real psychic attack this time!: 15:8-8+15
01[20:49] <Antichthon> Zita: The air yelps.
01[20:49] <Antichthon> > Flesh golem
[20:50] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 But it refused.
[20:50] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, But it refused.: 12:7-8+13
01[20:50] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 Leah was wounded, and it would take more than a harmless punch from Callum and a doll to get the necromancer's attention off the weak link.
07[20:50] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Leah was wounded, and it would take more than a harmless punch from Callum and a doll to get the necromancer's attention off the weak link.: 12:10-8+10
[20:50] <@Silvors> "Helllo? Air thingy?" Zita decides to ask. She's never really talked to air shimmers.
01[20:50] <Antichthon> Akemi: 2 Psyche damage
[20:51] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+ 9 (Gym) Roll out of the way of that.
[20:51] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, 9 (Gym) Roll out of the way of that.: 0:8-8
[20:51] <gumbal1> (should be nine)
01[20:51] <Antichthon> > Leah takes 2 more damage. She's beat up as shit.
[20:51] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+12 ~Does that fact flatter you? Won't you tell me more~?~
[20:51] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Does that fact flatter you? Won't you tell me more~?~: 12:8-8+12
01[20:52] <Antichthon> Zita: The shimmer fell. Behind it was an overweight woman, very much fitting the role of scientist. "You're not one of them," she said, and slumped back in relief.
01[20:52] <Antichthon> > LEah
[20:53] <gumbal1> The blow dropped Leah to her knees. But she gets up. Because she has to. Otherwise, well…"…if you-" Bleh, that's a tooth. "..if you think you've won, you're wrong."
[20:53] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Spirited Soul) And so, Leah tried linking the two. The mind of the necromancer, and that horrid thing that screamed earlier. Hopefully, one or the other would cancel the other out.
[20:53] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Spirited Soul) And so, Leah tried linking the two. The mind of the necromancer, and that horrid thing that screamed earlier. Hopefully, one or the other would cancel the other out.: 3:5-8+6
[20:53] <@Silvors> Zita blinks a few times before nodding. "Yup! Wait! Are you the person that wasn't them? You can turn INVISIBLE!?"
01[20:54] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Oh, no. But after a few thousand years, you learn to really appreciate something that happens only once in a blue moon.~
07[20:54] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Oh, no. But after a few thousand years, you learn to really appreciate something that happens only once in a blue moon.~: 16:9-8+15
03[20:54] * TrisSebell (moc.retrahc.aw.cwnk.pchd.870-32-314-14|aijG#moc.retrahc.aw.cwnk.pchd.870-32-314-14|aijG) has left #sunnybrook-fireflies (Leaving)
01[20:55] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+9 Leah's tenacity was impressive, but tenacity alone didn't win battles.
07[20:55] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Leah's tenacity was impressive, but tenacity alone didn't win battles.: 8:7-8+9
01[20:55] <Antichthon> > Callum
01[20:56] <Antichthon> The woman boggled at Zita for awhile. She didn't exactly come across as being part of a competent rescue party. "I'm Dr. Pandey. Did the surface send you?" She furrowed her brow at the sound of combat from the dining room.
[20:56] <Knave> Step in between the monster and the girl. Square your body heroically. Grit your teeth. Make it hurt. He's acting almost before he thinks it, and the uppecut comes blazing out into the meat.
[20:57] <Knave> 3d4-8+9 (OVERDRIVE)
[20:57] <Mjeowlnir> Knave, (OVERDRIVE): 8:7-8+9
01[20:57] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 That might actually do something
07[20:57] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, That might actually do something: 11:9-8+10
01[20:57] <Antichthon> > It did. It made squicky noises.
[20:58] <@Silvors> "Yep! I've got a safeish area in the storage area! I could grow a little, like, dome for you to keep you safe there?"
[20:58] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3) The flesh was tough. But within was a necromancer, and ELP wasn't exactly physical. If only she could dive through the flesh and begin applying heat to roast the necromancer as he lay inside…oh wait. That was exactly something she could do. Hopefully.
[20:58] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) The flesh was tough. But within was a necromancer, and ELP wasn't exactly physical. If only she could dive through the flesh and begin applying heat to roast the necromancer as he lay inside…oh wait. That was exactly something she could do. Hopefully.: 6:8-8+6
01[20:58] <Antichthon> > ELP (Sorry, Gum)
01[20:59] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+9 For someone who had probably never seen a stand before, the necromancer was surprisingly capable at dealing with it.
07[20:59] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, For someone who had probably never seen a stand before, the necromancer was surprisingly capable at dealing with it.: 8:7-8+9
01[20:59] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
01[21:00] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Lets see how long your resolve lasts, infant.~ (To Akemi)
07[21:00] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Lets see how long your resolve lasts, infant.~ (To Akemi): 15:8-8+15
[21:00] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13
[21:00] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku: 13:8-8+13
01[21:01] <Antichthon> > 1 Psyche damage
[21:01] <EndPhone> Eponnie knew it might not be effective, but she /needed/ to /try/. She doesn't care if it damages her, she needed to keep trying.
[21:02] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+12 ~Why's that? I'm no threat to you, we both know by now that I can't harm you. Why don't we stop this? Feel free to take a long look at me too, if you want to~~
[21:02] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Why's that? I'm no threat to you, we both know by now that I can't harm you. Why don't we stop this? Feel free to take a long look at me too, if you want to~~: 11:7-8+12
[21:02] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+8 (overdrive, more power surge)
[21:02] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, (overdrive, more power surge): 6:6-8+8
01[21:03] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The doll packed a punch
07[21:03] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The doll packed a punch: 11:9-8+10
01[21:03] <Antichthon> If only the golem wasn't straight up boss.
01[21:05] <Antichthon> Zita: Dr. Pandey seemed less than comforted. "Where's the rest of your team? Did you bring Hel?" Hel, meanwhile, was hanging around Akemi. Because she had the key.
01[21:05] <Antichthon> > Flesh Golem
01[21:06] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 No Mercy for Leah.
07[21:06] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, No Mercy for Leah.: 9:7-8+10
[21:06] <Knave> Callum with the intercept!
[21:07] <Knave> 4d3-8+8
[21:07] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 8:8-8+8
01[21:07] <Antichthon> And Callum takes the hit like a champ. Might wind him a little, but he's fine.
01[21:07] <Antichthon> > Leah
[21:08] <@Silvors> "Yeah! Um, Hel's here! Some of them are in the dining room fighting but Akemi's just standing there with Hel. It's kinda weird. I thought I'd look around for you though! And I found you!" Zita wasn't looking for the scientist, she was looking for a way into the excavation site. Any artifacts in the compound that aren't the hive mind one?
[21:08] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+5 (Act 3) "No!" That hit was meant for her and her alone! The only proper punishment is punching the arm off! Hopefully it works!
[21:08] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) "No!" That hit was meant for her and her alone! The only proper punishment is punching the arm off! Hopefully it works!: 2:5-8+5
01[21:09] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~You're starting to bore me.~ (Defense against Akemi)
07[21:09] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~You're starting to bore me.~ (Defense against Akemi): 11:4-8+15
[21:09] <gumbal1> (should be three, fuck, sorry for these mistakeS)
01[21:09] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 Punching probably wouldn't work, but no one could call Leah a coward
07[21:09] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Punching probably wouldn't work, but no one could call Leah a coward: 10:8-8+10
01[21:09] <Antichthon> > ELP
[21:10] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+3 (Act 3) ELP took a different approach. The kinetic energy went not to hurt the golem, but to buff Callum.
[21:10] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) ELP took a different approach. The kinetic energy went not to hurt the golem, but to buff Callum.: 5:10-8+3
01[21:10] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Psychic attack on Akemi. And no words, this time!
07[21:10] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Psychic attack on Akemi. And no words, this time!: 19:12-8+15
01[21:11] <Antichthon> (What buff would Callum get?)
01[21:11] <Antichthon> >Eponnie
[21:11] <gumbal1> (buff to attack)
[21:12] <EndPhone> Eponnie would be a little smarter. Wait until /it/ attacks, then attack it. The timing would be a little tight, but… (Counter)
01[21:12] <Antichthon> Zita: "Well, neutralize the necromancer so we can get into the excavation zone so Hel can put a stop to this."
[21:12] <@Silvors> "How would we get in there anyways? I mean… it's kinda blocked by a super big door."
01[21:15] <Antichthon> Dr. Pandrey had been hiding for her life, and wasn't in the best of moods for dealing iwth someone like Zita. "Have Hel burn her way through! But not before the necromancer is dealt with, I destroyed that door for a reason."
01[21:16] <Antichthon> > Flesh Golem
01[21:16] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 The thing was still undamaged, and still going after Leah with a vengeance.
07[21:16] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The thing was still undamaged, and still going after Leah with a vengeance.: 12:10-8+10
[21:16] <Knave> Callum does the interecpt
[21:17] <@Silvors> "But… why not just let her out now? And I thought she just, um, was an anti-mind control person?"
[21:17] <Knave> 4d3-8+8
[21:17] <Mjeowlnir> Knave: 12:12-8+8
[21:17] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+16 ~We can't have that, now… come on, reconsider~?~ (pushing lust instead of attempting charm, and using overdrive)
[21:17] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~We can't have that, now… come on, reconsider~?~ (pushing lust instead of attempting charm, and using overdrive): 17:9-8+16
[21:17] <EndPhone> 4d3-8+9 Eponnie takes her chance! (another overdrive, plus counter bonus)
[21:17] <Mjeowlnir> EndPhone, Eponnie takes her chance! (another overdrive, plus counter bonus): 7:6-8+9
[21:17] <Knave> "Run. Away." Callum says to Leah through gritted teeth.
01[21:18] <Antichthon> And not only does Callum take it like a boss, his strong chest somehow broke the thing's fucking arm off.
01[21:18] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+10 Meanwhile, the doll attacks!
07[21:18] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Meanwhile, the doll attacks!: 8:6-8+10
01[21:19] <Antichthon> But no dice.
01[21:20] <Antichthon> Zita: "Mind control?" Dr. Pandrey said. "Who the fuck told you that? Her power is vulcanism. She can melt the obsidian around us, get to the artifact. She carved out this whole facility."
01[21:20] <Antichthon> > Leah
[21:20] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3) "No." Leah rushes to the necro to thrust a burning arm into the flesh's stump. She's half dead and she's never felt more alive.
[21:20] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3) "No." Leah rushes to the necro to thrust a burning arm into the flesh's stump. She's half dead and she's never felt more alive.: 4:6-8+6
01[21:20] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Lust might actually work, Akemi.
07[21:20] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Lust might actually work, Akemi.: 15:8-8+15
[21:22] <@Silvors> "She said something about mind control nullification stuff." Zita says with a gulp before turning and sighing. "Okay! Um, wait here or go wait by the door or something? And I'm going to go see what's going on with their fight! With that, Zita turns to run towards the dining room and try to join in the fight, shutting her eyes as she flies through the fleshy doors. Gross. Grossgrossgross. GROSS!
03[21:22] * Silvors changes topic to 'Hel on Earth, Init Flesh Golem > Leah > ELP > Callum > Eponnie > Zita'
01[21:23] <Antichthon> The artifact's control faltered. Not enough to make the thing lose control of the average mind, but the necromancer they were up against had a mind that was anything but average. Leah's attack found the golem assisting in being attacked, just this once.
01[21:23] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+0 Weakened defenses
07[21:23] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Weakened defenses: -1:7-8+0
01[21:23] <Antichthon> The artifact regained its control, and the flesh golem stumbled back; it was heavily damaged.
01[21:23] <Antichthon> > ELP
[21:24] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+5 (Act 2) Meanwhile, ELP has a different plan. Namely, possessing the now broken arm.
[21:24] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 2) Meanwhile, ELP has a different plan. Namely, possessing the now broken arm.: 6:9-8+5
01[21:24] <Antichthon> Zita: "Uh. Okay! …Right." And Dr. Pandrey put up that weird cloak again.
01[21:25] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 No words this time. Just a psychic attack on Akemi.
07[21:25] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, No words this time. Just a psychic attack on Akemi.: 14:7-8+15
[21:25] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13
[21:25] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku: 13:8-8+13
01[21:25] <Antichthon> The necromancer apparently had his hands full. ELP possessed the arm, no problem.
01[21:25] <Antichthon> > Akemi mind-tanks it!
01[21:25] <Antichthon> > Eponnie
[21:26] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 ~Please? Doesn't it feel nice listening to me? Keep talking, I was enjoying it!~
[21:27] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Please? Doesn't it feel nice listening to me? Keep talking, I was enjoying it!~: 13:7-8+14
01[21:27] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Defense against Akemi
07[21:27] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Defense against Akemi: 16:9-8+15
[21:27] <Endorb> If Leah won't defend herself, then Eponnie would have to be a shield. "Callum, focus on damaging this monstrosity; I will protect her." (counter/intercept)
01[21:27] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Psychic attack against Akemi
07[21:27] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Psychic attack against Akemi: 13:6-8+15
01[21:28] <Antichthon> > ZIta
[21:28] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 (And I'll wait until you say I should go again for another attack back)
[21:28] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, (And I'll wait until you say I should go again for another attack back): 15:10-8+13
02[21:28] * EndPhone (ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE#ten.elbacwahs.de.32w593562y6l1477j|enohPdnE) Quit (Remote host closed the connection)
[21:29] <@Silvors> Zita's going to arrive in style! By which I mean floating in through the flesh blockages with her eyes closed before opening one and then clamping her mouth tight to keep from puking… then she goes to swing her sword at the flesh golem. Her ice sword but… hey, it probably won't shatter, right?
[21:29] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+10
[21:29] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 11:9-8+10
01[21:30] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+5 The golem didn't fare so well against the sharp sword.
07[21:30] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, The golem didn't fare so well against the sharp sword.: 4:7-8+5
01[21:34] <Antichthon> The sword pierced the golem, and the necromancer, and came out the other side. It raised its fist to attack - and crumbled into a pile of burnt meat. The necromancer, run through the stomach, bore holes in Zita with his stare. "I suppose you're going to try and save this one, too?" He said. Leah would feel that the necromancer hadn't released his control on the legion in the excavation zone, though.
01[21:34] <Antichthon> (Kio you can continue attacking if you want)
[21:35] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 ~Let it happen~
[21:35] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Let it happen~: 15:9-8+14
01[21:35] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~You can do little more than disrupt me, while I slowly drive you insane.~
07[21:35] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~You can do little more than disrupt me, while I slowly drive you insane.~: 15:8-8+15
01[21:35] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Or quickly.~
07[21:35] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Or quickly.~: 16:9-8+15
[21:36] <@Silvors> Zita turns to look at everybody. "What took you all so long! That was super easy!" She says, looking at them with utter confusion before looking at the necromancer. Well, might as well save him, right? She recalls her book and copies rejuvenation charm, before casting it on the guy.
[21:36] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 ~Or not at all.~
[21:36] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Or not at all.~: 16:11-8+13
[21:36] <gumbal1> Then it was the perfect time to fix that. "I'm really fucking tired of your savior schtick, so I think I'm just gonna…fuck, Zita, why didn't you come here sooner?"
[21:36] <Knave> Callum's eyes widen a little. He hadn't caught up to the idea that there was a guy under the meat. "Can you get this guy to the restraints on your own, or should I?"
[21:37] <@Silvors> "I was looking for the scientist person taht wasn't all mind controlled!" She says. "And, um, I can't. Sircatore is in the other room and I'm busy healing him." She was still casting Rejuvenation Charm.
01[21:37] <Antichthon> The necromancer coughed up a little blood, but Zita's rejuvenation charm stabilized him.
[21:38] <Endorb> "I am sorry we were unsuccessful, Zita. Thank you for the assistance. Your timing was very good."
01[21:38] <Antichthon> Hel, meanwhle, tapped Akemi on the shoulder. "What are you even doing?" She'd been wondering that all along.
[21:38] <Knave> Callum waits patiently for someone to tell him what to do, breathing solidly through the nose.
[21:39] <@Silvors> "So, um, bind him Callum?"
01[21:39] <Antichthon> > Akemi can attack again
[21:40] <@Kioku> "Talking to it. It's quite stubborn, though…" Akemi barely registered Hel's question, and… she supposes it /would/ look a bit like she was just moving a bit in front of the prisoners.
[21:40] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 ~Disrupt? I'm only helping you realize your true feelings~~
[21:40] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Disrupt? I'm only helping you realize your true feelings~~: 13:7-8+14
[21:40] <Knave> Callum glances down at the remainder of the shirt he already ripped off to use as restraints. He shrugs and then just takes the necromancers arms in his hands and hauls him back to the storage room and Sircatore.
01[21:40] <Antichthon> Leah could still feel the legion. They're under the necromancer's direct control. same deal as the spiders. And there's something else in there, too. Something big, and given its own soul.
[21:40] <@Silvors> "I know! I'm the best, right Eponnie?" Zita says, moving to turn for a quick kiss.
[21:41] <gumbal1> "…Zita, one problem with that." ELP emerges from the arm, and floats over to face the necro. "This guy, while concious, is still controlling a legion of undead."
[21:41] <gumbal1> 4d3-8+6 (Act 3 = ORA ORA ORA) "Note the word concious."
[21:41] <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1, (Act 3 = ORA ORA ORA) "Note the word concious.": 7:9-8+6
[21:42] <gumbal1> "So heal him after he passes out, alright?"
01[21:42] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 Akemi would feel the thing was legitimately bored with her. How long would you be interested in an infant's babbling before you'd had enough?
07[21:42] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, Akemi would feel the thing was legitimately bored with her. How long would you be interested in an infant's babbling before you'd had enough?: 16:9-8+15
01[21:42] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 With enough battering, the infant should shut up, though.
07[21:42] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, With enough battering, the infant should shut up, though.: 17:10-8+15
[21:43] <Knave> Callum watches Leah's administered beating with distaste.
[21:43] <@Silvors> Sircatore couldn't react on its own! What is it sentient? Zita nods her head to Leah. "Um, okay. Yeah. I might maybe have a spell for that!" Zita says, before ELP goes to start doing whatever it is ELPs do. She flips over and… Disruption Hex! Wait. "U-Um, that works too."
[21:43] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 ~Too bad. Then again, one day I'll reach your age too.~
[21:43] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Too bad. Then again, one day I'll reach your age too.~: 14:9-8+13
01[21:43] <Antichthon> > Akemi, 2 psychic damage
[21:44] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+14 ~And then who will you have connected with? Where will your pride be, where will you find amusement?~
[21:44] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~And then who will you have connected with? Where will your pride be, where will you find amusement?~: 17:11-8+14
[21:44] <Endorb> "In this situation, yes. Thank you, Zita. Now should we not go disrupt the artifact immediately?" Eponnie ignores the knocking this guy out.
01[21:44] <Antichthon> And whatever ELP did, it worked. The necromancer passed out, and the legion fell apart. The constant chittering and banging behind the thick steel door ceased. The giant thing inside was still wailing, though.
[21:45] <Knave> Callum throws the necromancer over his shoulder and lays him gently with the other captives in the storage room before catching up with Akemi.
01[21:45] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Perhaps by then you'll be interesting.~
07[21:45] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Perhaps by then you'll be interesting.~: 18:11-8+15
01[21:45] <Antichthon> 4d3-8+15 ~Your mind can't take much more of this.~
07[21:45] <Mjeowlnir> Antichthon, ~Your mind can't take much more of this.~: 14:7-8+15
[21:46] <@Silvors> Zita hops up and follows after Callum. "Um, let's go tell the scientist lady that the necromancer guy is knocked out?"
[21:46] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+13 ~Too bad. Perhaps we'll meet again then. But just think of what we could have accomplished if you let me in today.~
[21:46] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, ~Too bad. Perhaps we'll meet again then. But just think of what we could have accomplished if you let me in today.~: 11:6-8+13
01[21:46] <Antichthon> Also, if Leah was looking for souls, she'd find the remaining twenty-one. Ten in Excavations, ten in the rec room behind collapsed rubble, and one in the laboratory.
[21:46] <gumbal1> Rapid fire fisticuffs work wonders, it seems. "…fuck, I'm tired." She follows Callum, quickly getting out her phone to text some people. <you're a really good friend> <i give you shit but you're really cool and don't care what others thing> <you're the best fucking friend i could ask for> <i love you> <i miss you so much>
[21:46] <@Silvors> Of course, Zita does that after picking up Eponnie and carrying her. Both for comfort and so the girl wouldn't be left behind.
01[21:46] <Antichthon> > Akemi, 2 psychic damage
[21:46] <@Kioku> ~Think of this chance you've missed.~
[21:46] <Knave> Callum glances at Zita. He doesn't know whether to be pleased or disturbed that that Zita seems to be following events better than him. "Sure."
[21:46] <@Kioku> Akemi stumbles backward and cuts it off.
[21:47] <gumbal1> Leah stopped looking for souls at the approximate moment she started getting her shit fucked up.
01[21:47] <Antichthon> The response to Akemi wasn't an attack. ~Have you read 'Twilight?'~
[21:47] <Endorb> Eponnie kisses Zita as she picks her up. "What has Akemi been up to this whole duration?"
[21:47] <@Silvors> Zita heads off towards the Lab! With Eponnie in tow. "I dunno."
01[21:48] <Antichthon> The same shimmering was there as before, now that Zita knew what to look for.
[21:48] <@Silvors> "We handled the necromancer!" Zita says with a smile as she arrives at the seemingly-empty room.
01[21:49] <Antichthon> (Redact the response after Akemi broke contact)
[21:49] <Endorb> Eponnie just looks around, confused.
01[21:49] <Antichthon> No respnose from the shimmer.
[21:50] <Endorb> (not that the confusion shows)
[21:50] <@Silvors> "Doctor Pandrey." Zita says going to walk forward and poke the shimmer with her finger.
01[21:50] <Antichthon> Hel did help Callum with the necromancer. She could do that, at least.
[21:51] <gumbal1> Leah lazily waves to the good doctor. "Necro's dealt with. He shouldn't be waking up soon."
01[21:51] <Antichthon> The shimmer dropped just as Pandrey yelped again. "Fucking hell. I'd love this cloak if it wasn't for the fact it blocks incoming light and sounds, too."
01[21:52] <Antichthon> "Are we safe?"
[21:52] <Knave> "Relatively speaking." Callum says from the doorway.
01[21:52] <Antichthon> "Then what's making that horrible wailing noise?"
01[21:53] <Antichthon> (Also redact the redact. Akemi did hear that bit about twilight.)
[21:53] <gumbal1> "Yeah. As I said, necro isn't really in the mood to summon the dead anymore. Also…fuck. What now?"
[21:53] <@Kioku> Akemi blinks a few times, holding her head, and looks at the prisoners in front of her. "No…" she murmurs. "I haven't…"
[21:53] <@Kioku> It must sound /weird/ to Hel.
[21:54] <@Silvors> "No idea! It's something inside the excavation room!"
[21:55] <Knave> "Think it's possible to get the civilians evacuated before we go in there?" Callum asks. Mainly to Hel. Hel seems to have a cool head.
[21:55] <Endorb> "What is our next course of action?"
[21:55] <@Silvors> "I dunno! Akemi's in charge, right? Um… I could probably float all of the people up there?"
01[21:56] <Antichthon> The wailing hadn't stopped, and still shook the faciity to its very foundation. Pandrey looked between them all and rolled with it. Sunnybrook didn't have a monopoly on changing people's weirdness threshholds. They'd met Pandrey's coworkers. "WHen I overloaded the door's systems, I also blew up a power conduit above the rec room. I trapped about ten people in there. The rest are in Excavations. I assume you already saved the ten roaming around the quarters."
[21:57] <Knave> "We did our best." Callum looks away.
01[21:57] <Antichthon> Hel leaned against the wall and gave a little nod to Callum. "Probably a good idea."
[21:59] <gumbal1> "So…get those people out, then get Hel to deal with whatever's in fucking excavations. That's…yeah. Sounds good."
[21:59] <@Silvors> "She's gonna burn stuff! She has fire powers."
[22:00] <Endorb> "We should act immediately now that we have our plan, yes?"
01[22:00] <Antichthon> Hel did not confirm or deny what Zita said.
[22:00] <Knave> Callum gets his head down and gets to work taking all the still-breathing innocents to the elevator.
[22:01] <@Silvors> Zita helps Callum over! Turning the bottom of her cage into a flat, rounded flooring, so that she can easily drag it along the ground.
[22:01] <gumbal1> "…fire powers. Yeah."
01[22:01] <Antichthon> "This is your last chance," said the mind-controlled innocents. "Leave. Or I slit the throats of every last one of them."
[22:02] <@Kioku> Akemi frowns at the controlled ones and sighs again. "Not interested in talking anymore, then…"
[22:02] <gumbal1> "…you know what? If you do that, there's nothing stopping us from bringing over our really strong people and destroying you."
[22:03] <gumbal1> "Literally nothing would stop us."
01[22:04] <Antichthon> "The stupidity of infants never ceases to amaze me," responded the conscious innocents. "Now, the choice is yours to make."
01[22:04] <Antichthon> "Start trying to dig them out. Start trying to knock down that door. They'll all be dead before you can save them."
[22:04] <@Silvors> (Redact that about Zita being in storage, she's not helping Callum)
[22:05] <gumbal1> "No, no, I don't think you understand. We will quite literally bring people over to annihilate you if you continue doing this."
[22:05] <@Silvors> "So, we gotta go and unlock Hel's collar and then Hel will burn our way in and we'll stop the evil dude!"
[22:06] <@Kioku> Akemi crumples a little and takes a few more steps back to sit on a box. Or failing that, the floor. \What was it getting at? Why did it ask me that? And why are they discussing plans in front of its ears?[22:06] <gumbal1> "If anyone's stupid, it's you. Do you really think they'd send out their best agents on the first mission?"
[22:07] <gumbal1> "The moment any one of them die, you lose your leverage. Then? There is nothing holding us back from doing whatever we want to you." Hopefully the bluff works.
[22:08] <Knave> "Look." Callum breaks out, "Here's how it is. The people you've got still living are all you've got. You get rid of those and there's no chance for you. Because we don't make the choices. That's for the people upstairs. We just do what we're sent to." He's not bitter at all.
01[22:09] <Antichthon> "Oh, dear, sweet Leah," said the controlled. "Actually, you know what? I think I'd rather enjoy seeing you put two and two together. The human mind is so limited, what's the difference between being responsible for the deaths of four, and of twenty-four? It'll haunt your nightmares all the same. Come. I've released control of my remaining puppets. You are correct in that my strength here is broken, anyway. Was ever since you defeated my necromancer. All that's left is fucking with you."
01[22:09] <Antichthon> And indeed, they would hear cries for help coming from the Rec Room.
01[22:10] <Antichthon> (By the power invested in me, I say all characters are currently in storage.)
01[22:10] <Antichthon> (Sorry, don't know how else to clear that up.)
[22:11] <@Silvors> (Including the wailing monster? Oh noes! :P)
01[22:11] <Antichthon> (Okay, not that.)
[22:11] <@Kioku> Akemi shivers, holding her hands to her head still, trying to figure this all out, and managing to push her magic just enough to cast a Rejuvenation charm on herself. And then she tries again.
[22:11] <Endorb> (But that happened after the tactic conversation, right?)
[22:11] <@Kioku> 4d3-8+9 (Second one on same person is difficulty 7)
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, (Second one on same person is difficulty 7): 7:6-8+9
[22:11] <Knave> Cries for help. Rec room. Run. Run there fast.
[22:11] <gumbal1> "Bluff fucking called." Leah heads for the rec room, then. Mostly just tired, though somewhat surprised that that actually worked.
[22:11] <@Kioku> 4d3-4+9 (And a third time is difficulty 11)
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Kioku, (And a third time is difficulty 11): 13:8-4+9
[22:12] <@Kioku> (And I messed up that was a 9 because I hit -4 instead of -8)
01[22:12] <Antichthon> (I'll trust your calculations)
[22:12] <@Kioku> (Basically she managed it twice, but the third was no-go.)
01[22:13] <Antichthon> The rec room entrance was a pile of rubble, but with Callum's strength they'd be able to recover ten survivors.
[22:13] <@Silvors> Zita sees Akemi healing herself and goes to help the girl.
01[22:14] <Antichthon> Dr. Pandrey was in front of the door to excavations, with Hel. Whenever they were finished with the prisoners.
[22:14] <Endorb> Eponnie goes to help with the rec room.
[22:14] <Knave> No words. Only lifting things and making sure people are alive.
[22:14] <@Silvors> Then again, because it's worth a shot, right?
[22:14] <@Silvors> 4d3-8+7
[22:14] <Mjeowlnir> Silvors: 5:6-8+7
[22:14] <@Silvors> And fails!
[22:15] <Knave> Once Callum's sure everyone's gotten all the aid they need from his muscles, he joins Hel at the door to excavations.
01[22:15] <Antichthon> Not all the civilians in the rec room had been released. One, a scientist by the looks of him but barely older than twenty, leaned against the wall, watching Callum. "Scurry scurry, little ant. Who knows when I might change my mind?"
01[22:16] <Antichthon> He joined Callum, Pandrey and Hel at the door, hands in pockets.
[22:16] <Knave> "Yeah. Ant." Callum grunts.
[22:17] <@Silvors> Zita waited by Hel, giving the girl a hug once before preparing with a sigh and recalling Sircatore, in its knife form, to her hand.
[22:17] <gumbal1> "You know, if you're gonna act superior, just fucking possess me already and be done with it. I'm kinda tired of the 'foooooolish samurai warrior' thing, having, you know, lived through a life of that shit."
01[22:17] <Antichthon> (Are they binding the freed prisoners, too?)
[22:17] <Knave> (Well the plan was to get people evac'd)
[22:17] <@Kioku> Akemi eventually manages to push herself up, wincing and taking a deep breath. "Dizzy… sorry. I tried to get it to let them go… I couldn't." Akemi tries to find the artifact again and push at it /just/ enough to re-open the connection, as narrowly as she can, ready to pull back away again in an instant. (Think of it as a counter action maybe, I guess) She hands Zita the key for Hel, and slowly walks to meet the rest. ~Why did you ask
[22:17] <@Kioku> that? I haven't read it… but why did you ask and then just say nothing when I replied through your captives?~
01[22:18] <Antichthon> The young man rolled his eyes at Leah. "Take off your headset, and we'll talk."
[22:18] <@Silvors> Zita has the key, gulping and looking at Hel. "Um… you ready, Hel?"
[22:18] <Endorb> "Do not do it, Leah. That is a very obvious mistake."
[22:19] <gumbal1> "Oh, so that's what they're for. Thanks for elucidating me." Leah does not in fact do it.
01[22:21] <Antichthon> To Akemi, ~Imagine Bella, Edward and Jacob interrupted you while you were paying respects to your ancestors. Started whining and noodling and trying to taken seriously. Would you ever, ever actually get to the point where you'd think of them as any more than an obnoxious joke?~
01[22:22] <Antichthon> "Wait," Hel said. "After we're done here. You're going to leave me here. Alright?"
[22:22] <@Silvors> Zita looks confused. "Um… I dunno."
[22:23] <@Silvors> "If I got to choose, you'd come back to school with us!"
01[22:23] <Antichthon> "No."
[22:23] <@Kioku> ~… Imagine who? I just said I /haven't/ read it. I have no idea who you're talking about. But… I guess the point stands that you wouldn't care for my company as much as most do until I have more… life experience.~
[22:23] <@Silvors> "You could have a room down the hall from me though… we could have sleep overs?"
01[22:24] <Antichthon> ~Read it when you get back to Sunnybrook. Only then will you truly understand how I see you.~
[22:24] <@Kioku> ~I… apologize for interrupting you, if you took it that way. I may have come here because I want these people safe, but in truth I'd rather be friends than enemies. Even if you think I'm not worth the time now.~
01[22:25] <Antichthon> "No," Hel said, firmer this time. "You want my help? You're going to leave me."
01[22:25] <Antichthon> And the creature was still wailing.
[22:25] <@Silvors> "Um… I dunno if we can do that. But, um, we'll just say we lost you? Maybe?"
[22:25] <Endorb> "Why do you wish to be left here?"
01[22:25] <Antichthon> "Just say you lost me."
01[22:25] <Antichthon> "I'm not going back."
[22:25] <@Kioku> Akemi glances up at Hel, tilting her head and sighing.
[22:25] <Knave> Callum shrugs.
01[22:26] <Antichthon> Meanwhile, all the civilians would have evacuated to the surface. All except the ten in excavations, of course.
[22:26] <@Silvors> "If you're sure? I guess maybe that'll be okay."
[22:27] <gumbal1> "…I don't fucking know. They never told us to get you back so, like…least I dont' remember them telling you that."
01[22:28] <Antichthon> The artifact had even released its control on the young man, as well; he was safe, too. It was just the Doctor, Hel, them, the ten behind that door, and whatever was making the wailing sound.
[22:28] <Endorb> "Shall we progress, now?"
[22:28] <Knave> "Let's get to it." Callum says, hint of impatience in the voice, "Still innocents at stake."
01[22:28] <Antichthon> Hel nodded. "Unlock me."
[22:30] <@Kioku> It's rare, so /very/ rare that Akemi would even consider accepting that someone might think her insignificant or, life forbid, reject her. She squirms even considering it, but… she has to respect that one day, she herself might even feel the way this entity does, and it's only interested in her as a curiosity and a rarity for… apparenly knowing about it already. And that only lasted so long. ~Maybe one day. I'll hope, and we'll see.~
[22:30] <@Kioku> She watches Hel carefully, still dizzy and not feeling like much use anymore. Unfit to advise.
[22:30] <@Silvors> Zita uses the key on Hel's restraint! IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!
[22:31] <gumbal1> Wait what is Zita actually "Hey, maybe you shou-" Too fucking late.
01[22:34] <Antichthon> The collar fell off. Hel rolled her neck, grinned. "You know, I expected you all to be a bunch of saps. I'd convince you to undo my collar and fight my way to freedom. But, actually? I like you guys. You seem like good people." Beat. "Will still kill anyone who tries to bring me back, though. Now, be careful. Lava fucking hurts." The noseless, burned girl grinned wider. "I should know." She focused, and the door began to glow.
[22:35] <Knave> Callum steps back while Hel goes to town, but not so far back that he can't push an idiot out of the way if something goes wrong.
[22:35] <@Silvors> Zita moves to hug Hel from behind, and then backs up as the lavagirl uses her power.
[22:35] <gumbal1> …that went less bad than it could of been, though Leah would hardly consider 'wailing abomination' a secure thing.
[22:35] <Endorb> Eponnie also backs to safety. She didn't want to melt.
01[22:37] <Antichthon> Zita earned glance, and by the way she twitched Hel had considered elbowing her in the gut, but she didn't. And after a time, the door burst open. Hel hadn't melted the door; she'd melted the obsidian behind it, and used the lava stream to cut through. Even feet away, the lava was searing hot. Hel cooled it down, and the was the first one to step through, into the darkness. SHe used a speck of lava as a lamp. "…Huh. You bleeding hearts aren't going to like this."
[22:37] <@Kioku> Akemi was already a little distant, leaning against the far wall several steps down the hall. She doesn't move from there.
01[22:38] <Antichthon> Also, the whatever-it-was wailed again, and fuck it was loud.
[22:38] <Knave> Callum strides up behind Hel and gives a grunt in answer.
[22:38] <@Silvors> Zita gulps, Sircatore glowing a bit in preparation for a fight. "Um… what are we not going to like?"
[22:38] <@Kioku> Akemi pushes off of the wall and winces at the noise, taking a couple steps closer to see what she's talking about.
01[22:39] <Antichthon> Hel stepped aside so they could see. Arranged in a circle, still gouting blood but most definitely dead, were the ten remaining civilians. On a nearby obsidian pillar in blood, "Sorry! I lied!"
[22:39] <Endorb> Eponnie also approaches.
[22:39] <gumbal1> It's times like these that Leah likes to remember that Special Circumstances has a 0% mortality rate.
[22:40] <Knave> Callum's jaw is set hard, his face unmoving. "Yeah. Figures."
[22:40] <gumbal1> "…yeah, al-alright. S-s-so, like…" Leah couldn't finish her sentence.
[22:40] <@Silvors> Zita sees all the blood and goes to cover her mouth, but not before she pukes and runs back out into the hall. Nope. NOPENOPENOPE. She's not going in there. She's just going to curl up outside.
[22:41] <@Kioku> Akemi just stares, a little numb. \There's… there's nothing I could do… It wouldn't listen, it wouldn't… I never want to let this happen again…\ Her apology and comment ignored, Akemi cuts off the connection again.
[22:42] <Knave> Hard, long, exhale through the nose, "Remind me what we're looking for in here?"
[22:44] <@Silvors> Zita was not going in that room. Nope she was going to just say curled up in the hall, staring off towards the labs, trying to keep from hyperventilating before she pukes again.
01[22:45] <Antichthon> Dr. Pandrey almost vomited herself, but she'd seen her fair of shit. She stepped through after Callum. "Light it up Hel," she said. Can you feel the artifact?" She was asking Hel, but Zita could. it was embedded somewhere in the far wall. Just how far? Hel focused, and the walls began to glow, revealing an obsidian cavern. Larger than it looked on the map. Excavation equipment was abandoned, body parts from the spider legion were everywhere. "It was digging," Dr. Pandrey said. "This…this didn't use to be half this size." And the far wall was yet to be illuminated.
[22:46] <Endorb> "I see." Eponnie follows them in, not going much further ahead than they are.
[22:47] <@Kioku> "Maybe it has a body too, and wanted to be freed…" Akemi murmurs.
[22:47] <Knave> "Far as I'm concerned, you ought to just bring this whole cavern down." Callum says with just a tinge of the redneck he regularly claims not to be, "Shut the place down, fill it in, and never come back."
[22:47] <gumbal1> "…destroy it. We promised we would."
[22:48] <@Kioku> Akemi frowns, glancing at Leah. "Promised who?"
[22:50] <gumbal1> "It. We promised it we would destroy it if it hurt anyone."
[22:50] <@Silvors> ~Eponnie. Epo-~ Zita stopped thinking as she started panting and shaking her head, staring up as she breathed rapidly.
[22:50] <Knave> Callum looks at Leah, and all but says aloud that there was no such 'we'
[22:51] <Endorb> ~I will be fine, Zita.~
[22:52] <@Silvors> Zita knew Eponnie would be fine. Zita was worried about herself! She couldn't catch her breath and that stupid room with spouting blood was the like was stuck in her eyes.
[22:52] <Knave> Callum steps forward, following Hel's lead closely. Best to get this over with.
[22:52] <@Kioku> Akemi feels the emotion bleeding off of Zita and turns to look at her, then pulls back to stoop down and hold her. "Zita! Zita, shhh, it's alright, don't think about it…"
[22:52] <gumbal1> Leah follows Hel. Not much else to do.
[22:54] <@Silvors> There was a pile of vomit in front of Zita, and a the door. And with how pale and green Zita looked right now, as her eyes watered and her whole body heaved for rapid breaths, she might very well puke again. But right now? She was busy being scared beyond belief.
01[22:56] <Antichthon> "Yep, that's my plan," Hel said. "Was going to destroy it whether you wanted me to or not." She was still concentrating, bringing light to the far back of the room, until - until the light revealed it. It was embedded in the wall. What was visible of it had the girth of a skyscraper laying on its side. Scaly skin, snakelike body. It had multiple heads; three were unearthed. They were the size of houses. It had been immersed in lava, after the eruption half a million years ago. In its final moments it had curled its heads around its monsterous children, to try and protect them. It did, well enough for the parts of its children to be raised by the necromancer, to build that undead spider legion. Between the heads, a relatively very thin "tongue" emerged. It was dessicated, rotted, dead. But it writhed and wailed. Despite its state, the Sunnybrook students would find it familiar. The "tongue" was a long snakey body, topped by the torso of a woman.
[22:56] <@Kioku> \Nothing I can help with in there. They don't need me anyway.\ Akemi hugs Zita tight, pushing away the fear, trying to soothe and relax her. "I've got you, don't worry. Come on, stay in the moment, stay with me now. Nothing's hurting you, you're alright, nothing to be afraid of."
04[22:57] <gumbal1> "…jesus christ. Athene?"
04[22:57] <@Kioku> She picks up Zita in her arms and covers her eyes, ears picking up Athene's name. \What?\ "Shh, Zita, come on, I'll show you it's alright…" She starts walking into the room to find out what Leah's talking about.
[22:58] <Endorb> "It is not. It would be another of her race, I assume. Or a visually similar entity."
[22:58] <@Silvors> Zita was panting, unable to catch her breath and visibly trembling. So much blood. WAAAY too much blood. Seriously that blood. It was clouding her mind and she couldn't help but shut her eyes tighter. A shaky hand trying its best to keep her glasses from falling off as Akemi carried her. "Bu-b-pl-plea-"
[22:59] <Knave> Callum goes to clap Hel on the shoulder then thinks better of it. Nevertheless, he says, "No time like the present." And starts walking out. On his way, he lays as many of the bodies as he can carry over his shoulder and begins carrying them to the elevator.
[22:59] <@Kioku> Akemi swallows and pushes more calm into Zita, and adds the mental illusion of the roof in Naha that she first showed her, in the middle of a sunny day. "Please don't worry, I've got you. Look! Think about how you'll get to see this yourself one day! Okay? I'll take you there."
[23:00] <Endorb> Eponnie stays, trying not to get too close. "Would you like a protective doll?"
[23:01] <Knave> Once he's made the first trip, Callum returns for another. He's going to bring all of the bodies to the surface.
[23:01] <gumbal1> Leah just sort of, well…stands there, for a bit. It's a while before she moves again, and when she does, it's merely to turn to look at Hel. This was…a bit too much to take in all at once.
[23:01] <@Kioku> Akemi stares when she catches up to the group, taking in the details and eyes going wide. \This is…01[23:01] <Antichthon> Only the "tongue" moved; the rest of its skyscraper-like body was completely dead. At that distance, it's face wasn't discernable, if it even had a face anymore. But it sounded like it was in horrible pain. The sight was enough to make even Hel skip a beat and Dr. Pansley was just blank. "Uh, Right," Hel said. She concentrated harder. The back wall began to melt, and the colossal corpse began to sink.
[23:03] <@Silvors> Zita's hands fumbled for her dagger, hugging it close like some sort of life line as it shown with sunlight, probably visibly. "I-I-" She was still rapidly heaving for air every moment. She was scared, and the screaming pain didn't help with her. She was absolutely terrified as tears rolled down her cheeks. She opened an eye, a teary eye, but an eye nonetheless. Did Akemi's illusion even let her see the maybe-echidnaform?
[23:03] <Endorb> Eponnie gives her a +8 protection doll (19/30 DP)
03[23:03] * Knave is now known as KnaveOut
[23:05] <@Kioku> Akemi's illusion is /full/ sensory replacement, if she's not resisting she should be seeing and hearing only the city, and feeling Akemi's arms and a cool breeze, and the sun of a late winter day. She keeps feeding calm and relaxation to the poor girl, even if it's giving her a headache to do both things /and/ suppress her presence all at the same time, after that mental battle.
01[23:06] <Antichthon> The monster continued to sink. Meanwhile, a bland, dark sphere was delivered to them on a tentacle of lava. Hel dropped it in front of them, far enough away to keep the heat from the magma from burning anyone. "That's the artifact," Hel said. "Obviousy lava didn't destroy it the first time around. Isn't going to destroy it now."
[23:06] <Endorb> (23/30 DP)*
[23:07] <Endorb> "Indeed?" Eponnie moves as close as she can without risking melting, and will slowly keep approaching at a safe rate until she can pick it up.
[23:07] <gumbal1> Leah blinks, then heads over to gingerly pick the artifact up.
[23:08] <@Silvors> Zita sees the skyline, but she was still filled with panic, her breathing turning to a gag before she rolled over to puke, not on Akemi, thankfully. Zita clutched her knife more, shaking and coughing as her body went back to trying to get in too much air. She couldn't. It was so bad. She tried to bury her face in Akemi, tears running down from beneath her headset.
01[23:09] <Antichthon> The monstrosity continued to sink. Soon only it's "tongue" was visible then the wailing stopped. It was replaced by words. "I wonder still, if you have pieced the puzzle together, Leah. Or you, Akemi? I would like to know, before this, my final mouthpiece, sinks into the core of the Earth."
01[23:10] <Antichthon> Also, the artifact was still hot as hell from the lava, but Leah would know that before actually touching it.
01[23:10] <Antichthon> Or she used ELP powers. Either works.
[23:10] <KnaveOut> "Am I the only one thinking we ought to throw this thing in the lava too?" Callum says, arms folded at the back of the group
[23:11] <Endorb> "She just said that it would not work, Callum."
[23:11] <gumbal1> "…yeah, not touching that with my bare hands." Leah looks back. "I was more thinking I wait for it to cool, then rot the shit out of it. What do you think?"
[23:11] <@Kioku> Akemi stares as it sinks. "Hydra… or maybe one of the older echidnas…" she whispers.
[23:11] <KnaveOut> "Won't destroy it. Makes it firmly not our problem."
04[23:11] <@Kioku> \Was this your great, great grand-mother, Athene?[23:12] <Endorb> "I will touch it as soon as I can do so without melting. Then we can see."
[23:12] <@Silvors> Zita couldn't hear them. She just managed to catch her breath. She was panting, but her breathing was slowing a bit, a mix from the scene of a skyline and from the calming influence of Akemi.
03[23:12] * lena|store-run-brb is now known as Lena
[23:14] <gumbal1> "Yeah, well." ELP blinks back into existence, and rushes into the ball, which begins rolling behind Leah. "I'm bringing it back for now. Hope you don't mind."
03[23:17] * Ashi_ (Ashi@2605:6000:6d85:xshu:jirs:zslo:uihi:uuoo) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[23:17] <KnaveOut> Callum grunts.
01[23:18] <Antichthon> The monster laughed, a regal, demonic and familiar thing. "No response? I'm disappointed. I'll ask again, the next time we meet. And say hello to Athene for me."The last of the monster slipped beneath the magma waves. "Go," Hel said, still concentrating hard. "And don't wait up for me. I'll finish burying this place."
[23:19] <Endorb> "As you wish. Farewell." Eponnie turns to leave.
01[23:20] <Antichthon> And Akemi would feel the artifact go dark, but not before she'd sense it wasn't anything more than a relay.
[23:20] <KnaveOut> "Good work." Callum says solemnly to Hel before sweeping out and away.
02[23:20] * Ashi (Ashi@2605:6000:6d85:nshz:wgqk:jkoj:upzu:mpk) Quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
[23:21] <@Silvors> Zita was still crying and shaking in Akemi's arms. She was still breathing quick, albeit not as horribly rapid as earlier. She was still full of panic. Just less so.
[23:22] <Endorb> ~Zita, are you okay?~
01[23:23] <Antichthon> The floater-lift-thing would be waiting for them. Dr. Pandrey followed close behind.
[23:24] <@Silvors> Zita was crying, her whole body shaking as she breathed quickly. There was a bit of vomit around one of her lips as she trembled. She was very obviously not okay, Eponnie.
[23:24] <gumbal1> And LEah just continues on, blank-faced and just generally tired/
[23:25] <Endorb> ~Zita, it is all okay. You do not have to worry anymore. We can go home now~
[23:26] <@Kioku> Akemi keeps holding Zita, petting her and soothing her with what would normally be enough to bring down the symptoms twenty-fold, but right now… she's just not at her best, it's all at a far lower level. "Let's go… let's get you out of here."
[23:27] <@Silvors> Yeah, no. It's not that easy Eponnie. Zita was still trembling and tears were still flowing down her cheeks. This was all messed up. She watched people kill themselves, and had to see those gruesomely horrifying leg-spider-things, there were walls of flesh… and so much blood. Her knife didn't stop glowing as she hugged it tight, like a child would hug a teddy bear. Luckily, the knive's blade had been dulled to the point
[23:27] <@Silvors> that it was blunt. The soothing from Akemi had almost instant effects! One hand kept trembling though.
[23:31] <Endorb> Eponnie will hold Zita close as much as possible, at least until she wakes up tomorrow
<Antichthon> RUN COMPLETE
<Antichthon> 3 XP
<Antichthon> $400

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License