Forbidden Temple, Part One

Part Two

<Kioku> <Attention students: a team is required for a mission. Successful completion will include both monetary reward and extra credit for any history and anthropology classes. Details will be given and students selected in the courtyard in five minutes. Don't bring any electronic devices, they won't work at the destination. That is all.>
<SavanahHolland> Nadia hears the voice overhead, her eyes directed at the intercom, and letting out a soft sigh. Wishing the harsh bruise on her cheek wasn't as bad, then at least no one would know. She moves a hand through her hair to make it look at least like she had brushed through it, making sure the white headband was on well. She starts her walk to the courtyard with a bounce in her step, her wings folded tightly to her own back
<SavanahHolland> , forgetting her hollowed bag once more to hide them, but that certainly was the last thing on her mind.
<FakemixRed> Maya bolts out of the infirmary, saying goodbye to Alexei on the way out. "
<FakemixRed> "The pirate queen's time has come!" She yells as she runs to the courtyard
<Kioku> Alexei looks bewildered and shakes his head. He just /knows/ he'll have her as a patient again. Twice in the same day…
<LipstickThespian> Shuffling her way across the courtyard, Katlyn took a deep breath. She needed to get out of the school for a bit, it was getting stuffy with all of the people around. Wearing her usual outfit, her chuck taylors switched for a dull worn red pair. An added grey beanie with buttons proclaiming her support of the LGBT movements and the some obscure band you'd never heard of on them. Stepping
<LipstickThespian> over to stand behind the ground, she tugged on the strap holding her guitar to her back and adjusted the courier bag hanging at her side. Shit, she forget her green sharpie in her room.
<LipstickThespian> group*
<Kioku> There are about a dozen other students in the courtyard, waiting around hand hoping. Looks like history is a popular credit.
<Uracilo> Ju arrives at the courtyard, his bar mace in his coat's inner pocket. He already sent out the document, and there is only waiting game to play. An alibi, however, never hurts, and if anything it'd help pass the time.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia probably needed help with human history, seeing as it was her worst subject, looking over the few students that had bunched up, her wings unraveling a little as one or two white feathers float to the ground.
<DrabberRogue> (Oh)
<FakemixRed> Maya was grinning wildly "I don't need no history credit, but i've been itching for some action." /I'm going to die here…I know it/
<Uracilo> Ju stands aloof, his arms crossed. He's too edgy for this crowd.
<Kioku> A bored looking man and a rather severe woman survey the crowd. "This is it?" the former mutters to the latter under his breath. "Damn, I was hoping for some real talent, this thing could be dangerous. Well, alright."
<LipstickThespian> Conversely, Katlyn is not edgy enough for some of the people here. She fiddles with the straps of her gear and waits shuffling in the back.
<DrabberRogue> Jace finally shows up, taking idle notice of the other students and identifying those he knew.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia perks one ear to listen, then noticing a boy with his arms crossed, him catching her eye with slight intrest, facing him from a very small distance with a tilted head and a smile, saying nothing in the slightest.
<Kioku> The woman shakes her head and starts pointing at students. "You, queenie. Winged girl. Hmm… You, I barely even saw you there. Late-comer, you too. And… yeah, you, aloof edgy one. Come with me."
<FakemixRed> Maya tips her hat at the other students. "Join my Armada bitches!" she says while securing her eye patch
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn starts to move after she's been picked out from the crowd. It's off for her, to be picked out of a crowd at all, but she isn't going to complain much. She shuffles after the woman as indicated, keeping her eyes on a mixture of the ground and the group.
<DrabberRogue> Jace approaches the woman as asked, slightly annoyed with her dismissive attitude.
<Kioku> "What, that's it?" murmurs a student who didn't get picked, giving a glare at Katlyn. "Lame, how'd they get picked and not me?" Another one rolls her eyes at Maya, but her boyfriend seems interested in this 'Armada' deal.
<Kioku> The crowd more or less disperses, mostly in disappointment, and the two adults start directly toward the gate.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia then turns her head slowly, moving one hand to fiddle with her long hair and headband to hide her cheek. She says in a soft voice, a little deeper than most of the high pitched voices the girl's had in Sunnybrook "Okay."
<Kioku> "We'll be talking on the move. Bryan, details."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn follows along, glancing at the student that glared at her and feeling a little smaller in the world.
<Uracilo> Ju follows them to the gate. He takes the time to eye the pair, trying to gauge their relationship and the hierarchy between them.
<Kioku> The bored man sighs. How'd he get stuck with talking to the kids? "A large stone structure has appeared in the Amazon, seemingly out of nowhere. Electronics fail in a small radius around it, but we haven't been able to test its further effects. We need a team to enter the structure, explore it and map it out, and find out what is causing the disruption field. We don't know what to expect, but believe there may be traps inside."
<Kioku> "If you'd be willing, this will also serve as an opportunity to field test something the basement has been working on. No telling what the side-effects could be, so only use it if you feel lucky or as a last resort."
<FakemixRed> Maya raises an eyebrow at that /Last resort??? What is this Dragon Ball Z?/ "I doubt we'll need it. They've got me after all." She says arrogantly
<DrabberRogue> "We're going all the way from Pennsylvania to the Amazon?" Jace inquired, somewhat surprised as he'd never been on a run before.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn feels she has found the natural order of the group of kids and decides to step a few feet behind Nadia and let the loud girl and the boys figure out exactly what they're going to do.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia cocks her head to the side at the person "What is that something?" she asks with a air of curiousity, her wings now playfully moving back and forth, her hair looking a little messy, if only for the way she had to make it.
<Kioku> "That's the idea. We have the plane waiting, but there's no place it can land nearby. Hope you're not afraid of jumping."
<DrabberRogue> "…Brilliant…" Jace muttered, not a fan of free fall.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn's eyes go a little wide as she hears this, a fan of extreme mountain biking maybe. But five kids jumping out of a plane into the amazon? Well, at least she remember- fuck she forgot her green sharpie.
<FakemixRed> "Sweet, I've never gone parachuting before, won't hurt to start now." Maya says still curious about the last resort.
<Kioku> "The 'something' should boost your powers, multi-compatible, but… well, don't use it lightly."
<DrabberRogue> "Boost our powers?…That could be both good and bad…"
<SavanahHolland> Nadia tilts her head further, saying under a breath, more to herself "jumping..?" all this strange talk was starting to sound confusing, boost their powers? How?
<Uracilo> "Are you handing it to us on the plane ride?" asks Ju, interested in this strange offer. Was this some kind of offshoot of a project to reduce powers, or an drug to be used once they were made into weapons?
<Kioku> The woman sighs at their reactions. "Damn, I was hoping at least one of you would panic. We actually have a landing strip cleared six miles out from the structure."
<Kioku> The man nods to Ju, walking backward for a few steps. "After we land, yes."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn was silently panicing, but is glad that no-one noticed. It was a good thing to be a nobody for once. She starts to calm down.
<FakemixRed> "Well that's rather boring." Maya sighs /I was kinda excited trying to do that/
<Kioku> "I mean, we /do/ have parachutes if you really want to…"
<Kioku> The woman quirks an eyebrow at Maya.
<FakemixRed> Maya nods with a smirk "Yeah sign me the fuck up."
<DrabberRogue> "Oh..that's…I'll just land, I'm fine with landing…"
<SavanahHolland> Nadia untilts her head the full way, not facing Maya with a amused expression that also relected a bit of confusion "I do not mind which I do."
<Kioku> It's not far to the plane, and the man holds the door open for everyone to pile in. The helicopter is, of course, on standby, but won't arrive until a while later since it's slower.
<DrabberRogue> As Jace surveys the rest of the group, he takes notice of a certain missing artist, and looks behind him to ascertain her position.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is following behind the ground by quite a bit, content to fall into obscurity. Her eyes catch the surveying Jace and she glances down to the ground. Shuffling into the plane with the rest of the group before finding a place in the back as best she can.
<Kioku> The people who briefed you seem content to stay behind, and aren't getting on the plane. Guess they have more important things to do. Your only babysitters are a couple of guards who are engaged in a mean game of chess.
<DrabberRogue> Jace proceeds to sit down near the guards and observe their chess game, mentally criticizing their mistakes as he watches.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia enters the plane, after a few moments moving her gaze to Ju yet again like she had in the crowd of the school, sitting down in some random spot and only occasinally looking around at everything else. Her wings going back to their folded position.
<Uracilo> Ju takes note of the stare, his power feeding him the information, but doesn't move to match it immediately. He waits a few minutes before turning to Nadia, and asking for her name.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn settles into her seat in the back, near the lavatory. She sets her guitar in the seat next to herself so no one can sit there, before she pulls her sketch pad out of her courier bag and a few sharpies and begins to draw. She'd have some time to get it in now, might as well make her own take on what was going to happen.
<FakemixRed> Maya takes initiative "Alright since this shindig's going to be dangerous, everyone tell me the weapons you need. I'll make em and magic them up for ya." she proclaims to all
<SavanahHolland> Nadia tilts her head once more, smiling "Nadia, what is yours?" her hair at the moment is covering on side of her face. Nadia's left wing moving up to drape down her shoulders playfully.
<Kioku> One of the guards makes a pretty bad looking move with a bishop, but it ends up somehow taking a rook four turns later, and a knight the turn after that. Still left himself wide open, other guy should have taken advantage of it when he had the chance.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn glances up from her sketchpad as Maya starts talking, she gives a curious look before she turns back to her work.
<DrabberRogue> Jace shakes his head at the guards' horrible plays as he watches, its almost painful.
<Uracilo> "I am Ju, my last name is Bao. Are you a real angel?" he asks, curiosity getting the better of him.
<DrabberRogue> But chess is chess, and Jace hadn't played in a while. "Hey, mind if I play the winner?" He asked them.
<FakemixRed> Maya starts prepping her own gear. /Since we'll be in a building, close quarters are more likely, ruling out weapons such as broadswords since they need more leverage to work with. So I'll go with a cutlass."
<SavanahHolland> Nadia turns her head to cock at Maya, asking "Weapons..?" then turning back to Ju, smiling even more and offering her hand to shake "Nice to meet you Ju." she pauses, letting out a giggle to the absurd question, at least it was to her "Yes I am, why would I not be?"
<FakemixRed> So Maya creates herself a cutlass which she proceeds to enchant
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+4 Inner Beast
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Inner Beast : 1:5-8+4
<Kioku> A guard looks up, knowing he's about to lose, and shrugs. "Sure, kid. I've got a first generation Game Boy to mess with anyway."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn has devolved into drawing her own interpretation of an ancient tomb of horrors, having fun with the deadly traps. Then coming in and making up things to defeat them after wards. She gets stumped at her idea of an Indian Jones rolling ball, and ends up just making a brick wall to stop it. Before she scratches it out and decides that like most of her ideas, it's stupid. A wall
<LipstickThespian> made of candy, however…
<FakemixRed> Maya frowns as the enchantment refuses to manifest on her blade. "Alright who else needs weapons!"
<Uracilo> Ju shakes her hand, staring a little blankly. "Are you a fallen one?"
<DrabberRogue> Jace's eyebrows raise. "A firs- that's awesome." Truly, a gamer at heart.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn watches the weapon creation with wide eyes. It's a little weird to see from the outside.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia tilts her head even more, though her extremely pleasant features taking on a bitter undertone, saying in a quick voice "No."
<FakemixRed> "Fine if none of you losers wanna take part in this." Maya says as she creates herself a spare gladius. /Back ups are always good/
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+4 Inner Beast!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Inner Beast! : 5:9-8+4
<Kioku> Three turns later, the chess match is over. The winning guard grins and starts setting the board again, taking a piece from each side and shuffling them behind his back before presenting this closed hands to Jace.
<FakemixRed> The blade she creates grows a bloodshot eye on the hilt, while veins fill the blade, as jagged jawlike protrusions appeared on her gladius
<Uracilo> Ju nods absent-mindedly at the charged response from Nadia. He had his own theories on what it meant.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is just holding her sketchpad to her chest, staring in horror at the creation that has just been spawned near the front of the plane.
<Kioku> The losing guard watches Maya nervously and scoots away a bit, then pulls out his game boy… but is keeping an eye on you too. Really.
<Uracilo> Ju watches the weapon creation from the corner of his eye. He's here to build an alibi, so he needs to play nice. He technically doesn't need a weapon anyways.
<FakemixRed> Maya grins as she tucks the blade into one of her belts, the eye is in Katlyn's direction, staring.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia then gives him a nod, the bitterness fading quickly as she then moves to face Nadia, her expression turning quickly into something of pure horror, but then quickly fading back to her normal happy smile as if it had never happened.
<DrabberRogue> Jace pulled his own onyx black knight from his coat, swapping it with the another knight on the black side as he moved to the appropriate side of the board. He then motioned for the guard to begin, the color he wanted was obvious.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn turns in her seat, placing her back against the wall of the airplane so she can stair off to the other side of the airplane and focus on it. She goes back to working on her drawings and tries to put it out of her mind. Taking a moment she slips off her shoes and sets them next to her guitar for some comfort furing the ride.
<Kioku> The guard shrugs and puts the pieces back. He doesn't mind playing white! The game is sadly going to be a pretty easy win for Jace, but if he goes for a round two, the guard will play a little better.
<FakemixRed> Now that her prepwork had been done she moves in to chat with the quiet girl "Yo, what's your name."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn looks up from her sketchpad at Maya, taking a few seconds to stare at her eye patch. Reaching down she pulls back her hoodie and turns it to show a white patch sewn on the inside. Written in large block letters is the name "KATLYN"
<FakemixRed> "Ah neat. So what do you have to offer to the world?" Maya says as she sits down, the eye of the blade still happens to face Katlyn
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:10-8+3
<DrabberRogue> 4d3-8+8
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue: 6:6-8+8
<DrabberRogue> "Checkmate." Jace declares as his onyx knight makes the final move, penning in the white king.
<Kioku> "Huh. Guess I should have expected that from someone who carries their own piece around. Rematch?"
<FakemixRed> Maya decides to try poking at one of Nadia's wings "So do these things make you fly or what."
<DrabberRogue> "Sure." Jace smiles, helping reset the board and motioning for the guard to begin.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia now moves to face the ceiling with no words, sometimes making a pleased hum as she thinks, constantly moving her fingers through her hair to hide her cheek, then quickly looking down as some of her hair comes out of the way showing a little of her badly bruised cheek, quickly covering it up and shaking her head "I can not fly anymore."
<Kioku> The sounds of Batman can be heard from the other guard's GB.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 3:8-8+3
<FakemixRed> Maya is now playing with the girl's wing since they were so soft. "Then you don't make a very good angel do you."
<DrabberRogue> 4d3-8+8
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue: 7:7-8+8
<SavanahHolland> Nadia's gaze quickly turns sharp to Maya "I am a 'good Angel', you know nothing of us."
<DrabberRogue> "Checkmate." Jace won much easier this time, having seen and analyzed the guard's strategy, he smiled as his knight once again took the game.
<FakemixRed> "Jeez there grouchy, wake up on the wrong end of the cloud." Maya says putting her hands on her hips
<Kioku> (And now Jace is over an hour ahead of the others. >.<)
<Kioku> (Doesn't mean he couldn't have talked during the games though.)
<SavanahHolland> Nadia faces the ceiling once more "I am not a bad Angel, child." she says softly, perhaps more to herself if it wasn't for her address Maya as a child.
<FakemixRed> "If I'm a child then I guess that makes you an old hag." Maya says amused /I am going to get divine retribution for this/
<SavanahHolland> Nadia looks back to Maya with a confused expression that seems different from her earlier bitter one "This body has only been here for sixteen years, is that not young?"
<FakemixRed> "Well considering you called me a child, then you're real age is probably way past 16. Makes you wonder the legality of sticking you into a school with a bunch of us. You are like the ultimate pedophile." Maya chuckles
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is content that Maya has focused her attention onto the literal angel sitting on the place, or at least apparent angel. She goes back to doodling away the trip.
<DrabberRogue> "A pedophile would imply that she loves someone." Jace chimed from his game as he listened to he conversation, his voice somewhat absentminded as he analyzed the board.
<SavanahHolland> "I call you a child because you know very little, not because you are one, though I was sure this was a school, and children go to school, do they not?" she pauses "I do not know how old my soul is, but this body has been on this plain for sixteen years." she then tilts her head to Jace "I do love my friends, that is what Val had said, and it is true."
<DrabberRogue> Jace's eyes broke from his game for a few seconds as Nadia addressed him, was that…jealousy in his eyes? But he quickly returned to his normal self, the cold, analytical look returning as he turned back to the chess board.too his eyes
<DrabberRogue> *analytical look returning to his eyes as he turned back to the chess board.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn has settled into her seat and put her feet up on the chair next to her, she decides to rest until they land. A few pages of doodles ready for the excursion into the Amazon.
<FakemixRed> "Actually your body has been on the plane for only half an hour." Maya snickers
<DrabberRogue> Jace smiles at Maya's joke, or perhaps the move he just made…who knows?
<SavanahHolland> Nadia lets out a giggle "You are right."
<Kioku> Sadly, a parachute here would be nigh unrecoverable in any reusable state, so the jumping plan is delayed for when the plane returns to Pennsylvania.
<Kioku> The plane lands on schedule, and everyone is ushered out into a jeep. The Game Boy Guard is the driver for today, while the Chess Guard takes a motorcycle to follow. On the floor of the back of the jeep is a backpack and a suitcase. "Those are for you kids to use when you go in," the driver comments if someone mentions it or seems to be staring.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn sits in the back, staring at the two items, cradding her guitar in her lap.
<FakemixRed> "Well I'm not the one to carry them, that's really not a Pirate's place." Maya shrugs as she polishes her cutlass
<DrabberRogue> Not much room in a jeep, everyone crammed in next to each other, and Jace found himself awkwardly next to Katlyn.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia follows along humming a random little tune as she does, now sitting next to whoever, she doesn't care.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is doing everything in her power to ignore the fact her leg keeps brushing against Jace's, by staring off into the jungle. She can let someone else deal with the two packages.
<DrabberRogue> Jace decides the best way to deal with an awkward moment is to zone out. He idly retrieves his knight from his coat and begins toying with it in his fingers as his mind wanders elsewhere.
<FakemixRed> "Well someone needs to grab them. I vote that guy." Maya says as she points to Jace. She's still playing with one of Nadia's wings every so often
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn looks over as Maya talks, and nods her head in agreement to the idea.
<DrabberRogue> "It would be most efficient for the one with the greatest upper body strength to carry the bags, I would hardly qualify." Jace retorted, slightly annoyed.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia's left wing wiggles every so often at Maya's touch, letting out giggles as it movea round playfully, her head once more faced to Ju, studying him under the guise of closed eyes, but perhaps it would be obvious by now, she doesn't need to use her eyes to see.
<FakemixRed> "I gotta be quick on my feet, so that's a no on my end. Plus I don't want to." Maya reasons
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn grumpes and reaches down, setting her guitar on the floor as she grabs the backpack. She sets it in her lap and opens it to dig around.
<LipstickThespian> grumbles*
<Uracilo> Ju sighs, using his power to find the best possible configuration he can take on the jeep for stability and space.
<DrabberRogue> Jace's eyes wander to the bag to observe Katlyn's rummaging.
<Kioku> The backpack is full of glow sticks, rope, water, snacks, insect repellant.
<DrabberRogue> "How useful…"
<Kioku> The case is still sitting on the floor though, lonely now.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn takes out the insect repellent and begins applying it to herself. Liberally. Before offering it to Jace.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia then moves to pick up the case with a curious hum.
<Kioku> The case isn't even locked, the lid will lift easily at the thumbing of a switch.
<Kioku> - Sketchbook, notepad, pad of graph paper, and several pencils and pens.
<Kioku> - Two knives, loaded revolver and 6 spare bullets, first aid kit.
<Kioku> - Two adrenaline patches, a stim pack, and a dose of 'experimental something' (injection).
<DrabberRogue> Nodded in thanks and took a sniff as he accepted it. "Ah, I love the smell of poison in…the…late afternoon…" He smiled as he made his reference, spraying himself and handing the spray to someone else.
<DrabberRogue> *Jace^
<FakemixRed> Maya immediately snatches a stim pack for herself. "Dibs"
<DrabberRogue> "Who's the best shot?" Jace inquired of the group.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn has pulled out a granola bar from the backpack, and begins eating it slowly.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia refuses the spray, letting Jace hand it to someone else. Looking to the first aid kit and making a slightly annoyed expression. Then moving to pick up the small dose of 'experimental something' looking it over.
<Uracilo> Ju takes the gun, spinning it on his finger before pocketing it. "I'd fire to show, but we don't have bullets to waste."
<FakemixRed> Maya also takes one of the spare bullets for herself, "When you need a last second save your ass move, I got your back."
<DrabberRogue> "…Very well, I'm unarmed so…" Jace takes a knife from the bag, tucking it in his coat.
<FakemixRed> Maya rolls her eyes "If you had just asked me I would've armed you."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn reaches across Jace and snatches the sketchbook out of the pile to use for herself. No reason to sully her own sketchpad when she maps everything out.
<DrabberRogue> "Sorry, I was…busy…"
<Kioku> The jeep continues bumping along.
<FakemixRed> "Well give me that knife, I got a little present for it." Maya says with an outstretched hand
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn takes a second to dig out a pen from her bag and writes on the top of the sketchbook, "can i have the drugs". She turns it so Jace can read it.
<Kioku> The 'experimental something'… looks kinda like… you know the injectors from Bioshock? Yeah. Like those.
<DrabberRogue> ~A present?~ Jace hands her the knife, then turning to read Katlyn's message. He nods and retrieves the other stim patch for her.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn shakes her head and points forward, to Nadia, who is holding the shot.
<FakemixRed> Maya inspects the knife carefully and tries giving it the enchantment Inner Beast
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+4
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed: 6:10-8+4
<DrabberRogue> Jace sighs. "Hey Nadia, do you know what that is?"
<SavanahHolland> Nadia holds it tight, looking down and not noticing Katlyn pointing, wishing she could figure out what exactly it was "no"
<DrabberRogue> Jace takes out his own pen, writing on the sketchbook, do you?
<DrabberRogue> *""
<LipstickThespian> "a trip" Katlyn writes back, as a smile comes onto her face. Though the bumps in the road make it an awkward one.
<FakemixRed> The knife in Maya's hand starts to scream in…anger? as it curves a bit resembling a monster fang, while blood vessels fill the hilt. "There ya go!" She hands it back to him
<DrabberRogue> Jace raises his eyebrows in surprise at the knife, taking a couple seconds to process its new appearance before accepting it. "…Thanks?"
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn stares at the knife in a bit of horror, looking away and back to the forest.
<Kioku> The target of your mission comes into view. From the outside, it looks like a four story tall pyramid, but the stone is totally smooth rather than in bricks.
<FakemixRed> "Now it's extra effective, be careful of it breaking though." Maya shrugs with a smile
<Kioku> There's a perimeter of GWU guards spaced around it at about 40 feet away, and a small camp that you're coming up on.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves her face so she doesn't see the knife in Jace's hands, then gripping the drug in her hand and letting her arm go to her side.
<DrabberRogue> Jace tucks the knife back into coat as the objective came into view. "Interesting…" He said, probably to both things.
<DrabberRogue> *his coat
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn disembarks quickly, throwing on the backpack after zipping it up. Grabbing her guitar and slinging it on as well. She is a bit laden with that all and her courier bag, but she seems fine. She walks with the sketchpad in her hand.
<Kioku> "Alright kids, this is your stop. Be careful in there. The anti-tech field extends underground, so we think the structure does too. Try to map out the whole thing if you can, but more importantly, figure out what's causing our equipment to fail and retrieve it."
<DrabberRogue> Jace jumps out shortly after Katlyn, twirling his pen in his hand and surveying the surrounding area.
<Uracilo> Ju follows, his power scanning the structure and giving him distances and lengths.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia comes out last, moving with a bounce in each step with pleasent sounds comming from her, humming quietly.
<FakemixRed> Maya struts out of the jeep, with lots of swagger in her walk. /I am going to be so useless on this mission/
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn starts to draw, sketching out the structure as she glances at it and the surrounding area. It's quick, and her hands are practiced. No bugs to annoy her, either.
<DrabberRogue> "Alright, who here is the best at close quarters?" Jace asks the group, coming up with a game plan in his head.
<FakemixRed> "Sup." Maya says waving her cutlass recklessly
<SavanahHolland> Nadia looks at him "I may be?" she says unsure, with a soft shrug of her own shoulders.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn draws the smooth pyramid, the jungle around it, and starts to draw the group for fun. She's going to run through her first sharpie pretty quickly if she keeps up this pace of sketching.
<Uracilo> Ju shrugs. It's not like they expected to be fighting people in there.
<Kioku> As far as anyone can tell, the walls are seamless and the structure is perfectly symmetrical, except a wide door on the side facing you, at ground level. In this case, calling it a door is generous, since it's more like a drawbridge in how it seems to fold up when closed.
<DrabberRogue> "Hmm…alright, you two should take point, just incase something nasty decides to challenge us." Jace says to them, his eye then drawn to the girl he hasn't met. "I don't believe I caught your name?"
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn starts to wander to the entrace, drawing as she went. Her shoes weren't good for the rocky earth and she hoped for smooth surfaces. And to get out of the sun. She glances up occasionally for reference as she continues to sketch the pyramid and it's odd design.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia nods slowly, she was fine with whatever was thrown at her, walking along closer to the structure and moving a hand to glide along the surface.
<DrabberRogue> ~And they said there were traps in there…~ "Anyone here good at identifying traps?"
<Uracilo> Ju sighs, lifting his hand in the air. "Can we get going already?"
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn steps into the entrance to get out of the sun and to start drawing a floorplan.
<FakemixRed> Maya takes the lead "hey do we have flashlights? or is it just glowsticks. Otherwise we're going to need better light sources."
<Kioku> The entry area has a higher ceiling than expected, making you think that if the whole thing is like this, it might be only three stories rather than four. Things will be a little cramped even in this space once all five of you are inside, but with just Katlyn, the space is quite generous.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn starts to draw it out, stepping into the center of the entry area as she marks it on the map she is drawing. As well as the sketches of the rooms she's making.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia starts following along right behind Katlyn after having touched the building and felt the obvious smooth surface.
<FakemixRed> Maya takes her cutlass and exclaims "Let there be light!"
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+4 Vulcan't Wrath!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Vulcan't Wrath!: 3:7-8+4
<Uracilo> Ju steps in and uses his power to check the pyramid floor for footsprints or disturbed dust that would lead hi mto believe someone or something is in the area.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+3
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 3:8-8+3
<FakemixRed> The cutlass lights on fire, helping to illuminate the hallways.
<DrabberRogue> "Alright…this should work for a basic formation…for now." Jace mutters, following closely with the rest of the group and keeping a wary eye on their surroundings.
<Kioku> The floor near the entrance is a bit dusty, but further in is… disturbingly clean. It looks like there /might/ have been something in here before you, because humans? Humans don't make paw prints.
<Uracilo> "There's something with paws in here. Keep your eyes peeled. Move forward, though, we don't have all day."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn looks for the next obvious door and starts to walk slowly towards it, in between strokes of her sharpie on the sketchbook.
<Kioku> Sadly, there is no door to be had, just a hall that goes straight ahead for a few yards, then splits in a T.
<FakemixRed> "I vote we go left." Maya says waving her burning cutlass in that direction
<DrabberRogue> "Paws? Bipedal, quadrupedal?"
<LipstickThespian> And so it is that Katlyn heads down the hall and goes to make a left.
<Kioku> In the flickering firelight, you can see rough areas on the sides of the halls that stand out from the otherwise smooth stone.
<DrabberRogue> "And yes, a left search would work best."
<Kioku> They're about the right size for doors, anyway…
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves to one of the rough spots, putting her hand on it and making a confused sound.
<FakemixRed> Maya keeps her eyes peeled but keeps marching forward /Animals ey? I hope they aren't smart/
<Kioku> Rough spot is rough. Care to Brains:Perception, Nadia?
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+8 Brains + Perception
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland, Brains + Perception: 10:10-8+8
<Uracilo> Ju follows closely behind Katlyn. As long as nobody can grab her, they'll keep moving, and that's good.
<Kioku> There appears to be a seam in the wall where the rough and smooth areas meet… and another a few feet away, back toward where you came from.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn stops for a moment and takes more than a few seconds to dig back into her backpack to find a glow stick. Breaking it to light it, she holds it with the hand gripping her sketchbook so she has light to work with. She keeps sketching as they slowly walk, enjoying everyone's silence.
<Kioku> Additionally, Nadia happens to notice in the ceiling, small grooves, spaced along the hall.
<DrabberRogue> "Katlyn…you should stay to the center of the group, since you're the one mapping." Jace muttered, his eyes darting around the hall.
<FakemixRed> The glow from the fire fades away and Maya groans. "Damn it the fire ran out, someone hand me a glowstick."
<Kioku> (Already? I thought you had 3 minutes, it's been less than 1)
<SavanahHolland> Nadia says aloud to the group, looking over it "There is a seem, to the rough spots." more of a comment than anything, quickly moving to catch up with the group.
<FakemixRed> (Ah really? redact then)
<FakemixRed> "A seam? What the hell does that mean, some bible quote or something?" Maya calls back
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn slows down as she hears her name, looking back to Jace and then to Nadia. She starts to add the notes of what Nadia said to her map. Turning on her heel, she continues down the left break un-hindered by Jace's comment.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia shakes her head "No a seam, a actual one where the smooth and the rough surface meet."
<FakemixRed> "Well further inspect it or nah?" Maya says stopping in her tracks
<Kioku> The hall seems like it's going to go all the way around the outer side of the pyramid, with enough space between the hall and outer wall for rooms to easily fit. At several points, there are halls that turn inward though, that could take you deeper into the pyramid - you'd reach the first of these, right about now.
<DrabberRogue> Jace sighs at this. ~Calm down, she's got the guy with the gun close behind her and the girl with the cutlass in front, that should be ample protection.~
<DrabberRogue> "Our objective is below the pyramid, but I'm not opposed to a little exploration."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn stops as she comes to the inward hall. She fiddles with her sketch as she changes the layout she had thought in her head. As she finishes the additions she turns to look at the group to figure out if she should keep going or head inward.
<SavanahHolland> "I do not care what we do." Nadia admits, it was fine to do whatever, she had no reason not to.
<Uracilo> "Look, we're here as disposable mappers and bait. I want to get this done and leave. I don't care about doing a good job. Just don't stop the entire group to investigate the glanurarity of the masonry. Keep walking and look for a way up or down.
<Uracilo> "*
<FakemixRed> Maya shrugs and turns in the direction that will take them further into the pyramid "I guess it's probably nothing." /Though I'm worried if we're wrong./
<DrabberRogue> "Well, there's our way down." Jace shrugged, pointing at the inward hall.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn follows after Maya, keeping up with her cartography by the soft glow of her glowstick.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia follows along, at this point wishing the mission would hurry up, she did need the history credit, but she barely knew anyone here and everyone was already annoyed.
<Kioku> On the plus side, the inner halls are just as straightforward as the outer ones, forming a kind of grid pattern for the most part. The bad part is, they all look /exactly the same/. It'd be easy to get lost just by virtue of everything being totally identical if not for the cartographer.
<Kioku> And those rough spots on the walls keep on happening…
<FakemixRed> "I swear whoever they hired to decorate this place loves this color too damn much." Maya gokes
<DrabberRogue> "Hey, give them some credit, it's a nice color." Jace responded, smiling as he followed the group.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn smiles a little at the joke, keeping her leisurely pace as she tries to map out every corner as they go. She wishes she hadn't worn the knit cap, it was starting to itch.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia idly runs a finger down the wall as the group walks, seeming more intrested with the wall than the group.
<Kioku> After not too long of going straight, if that is indeed what you do, you'll reach a hall that's wider than the rest. And seems to bisect the pyramid, although it doesn't extend all the way to the outer ring. Further along it, you can make out a faint shape - it's hard to tell what it is in the low light. Right around now is when that fire will be going out.
<DrabberRogue> Jace tries to make out the shape in the darkness, trying to determine whether or not it's a threat.
<FakemixRed> Maya curses under her breath "Fuck…hand me a glowstick."
<Kioku> Good thing too, since you're in the tropics. It feels a /lot/ hotter than it is, since your bodies are adjusted for winter temperatures right now.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn turns herself so the backpack is accessible to someone. Her glowstick now the only source of light. She is only midly completely afraid of the dark however.
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+6 (Perception)
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, (Perception): 7:9-8+6
<FakemixRed> Maya grabs 2 glowsticks and lights one "So is the end goal of this a rave party?"
<SavanahHolland> Nadia takes a deep breath in the darkness, then letting a white circular light trace above her head for a brief moment, offering a few seconds of light.
<Kioku> The shape turns out to be a pillar, a couple of feet in diameter. What's more interesting is that the floor, but not the ceiling, has a hole surrounding the pillar, its radius extending about three feet past the edge, and the pillar has rings sticking out of it. It goes both down, through the hole in the floor - it's basically a cylindrical ladder! It also seems to be /right/ in the center of the pyramid, if that map can be trusted.
<Kioku> If you look toward the /back/ of they pyramid from here, you can see another similar structure, extending upward through the ceiling.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn watches as more blips of light come on, she starts to walk down the larger hallway to where the shape was. She stops as she finds the staircase and stairs at it. Her drawing luckily was already isometric, so she only had to spend a little bit to add the staircase to it.
<DrabberRogue> "Well, we've got two directions, up or down?"
<FakemixRed> Maya sighs "Let's go down. We'll reach the prize faster that way, my treasure instincts are tingling."
<Kioku> (Ladder, not stairs)
<LipstickThespian> Ladder*
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves to straighten her back "I think we should go down."
<Uracilo> "Hand over whatever you need carried and start climbing down."
<Kioku> On the plus side, the rings around the pillar are the first sign of metal you've seen in here.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn adjusts herself and offers the backpack to Ju to carry for her. She keeps the guitar and tucks the sketchbook into her courier bag. She heads over to the ladder and climbs on, heading down.
<Uracilo> Ju straps the backpack to himself and follows her down.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia hands him the drug, wishing she had pockets, or was a better climber so she could work with just one, lamenting to herself but wearing a smile and making her way down after Katlyn.
<FakemixRed> Maya's able to carry all she needs, and so descends down into the hole. "So what is the boss in here weak to? Ice spells because sadly I am fresh out of MP."
<Kioku> Are… are you sure that you've gone down at all? Other than the directions of the two ladders, this level looks /identical/ to the one you just left, at first glance.
<Kioku> Well. That and the faint sound of barking from down the hall.
<DrabberRogue> "Alright, Nadia should go down last, have…sorry, I don't know your name (to Maya) go down first. That way we have our best meelee fighters covering both sides as we…nevermind…" Jace sighs as everyone else goes down the ladder, he then proceeds to follow.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn pulls the glowstick out of her pocket and holds it up, as she starts to dig through her courier bag to pull out the sketch book. She stops moving as she hears the barking. Frozen.
<FakemixRed> "It's Maya, and we've got company. Does doggie want a treat?" Maya calls out to the direction of the barking
<SavanahHolland> Nadia comes down from the ladder, then hearing the barking, trying to figure out the exact source, looking down the hallway.
<DrabberRogue> "Sshh" Jace holds his finger up at Maya and tries to locate the direction of the barking.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn glances at Maya, her eyes wide at the noise the girl is making to antagonize the source of the barking. She backs up against a side of the hallway and stays there, fidgeting in the dark, a worried look on her face.
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue: 7:9-8+6
<Kioku> The barking echoes, making it hard to pinpoint… but you /think/ it's coming from the side you'd already explored on the previous level, if this one is in fact similar.
<Uracilo> Ju uses his power to pinpoint the barking's exact location.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+3
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 4:9-8+3
<SavanahHolland> Nadia lets the world flash red for the briefest moment, the sound of static shocking her ears along with the dog barking, quickly recovering from her little bursts and then walking to where she assumed the barking came from.
<DrabberRogue> "Maya, Nadia, position yourselves in that direction." He whispers loud enough for everyone to hear, pointing in the direction he thinks the barking is coming from.
<Kioku> You'd need to be a little closer, more sure of the layout to be certain… but it sounds muffled. Like it's coming from behind a wall. To pinpoint, you'd want to say it's inside the walls actually, two hallways down.
<FakemixRed> Maya switches out weapons pulling her demonic gladius, putting herself on the front line, ready to intercept the beast. "Got it."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn seems content to stay with the ladder, and not go towards the barking. Leaning against the wall as she finally gets her sketchbook out and starts to, well, sketch.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia then moves to stop, standing a little behind Maya but still looking around.
<Uracilo> "We're checking it out." Ju follows Nadia to the cource of the barking.
<Kioku> It's /definitely/ from behind a wall, but it's mostly subsided by now. You think you can hear a human voice shushing it, actually.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn shuffles after the group, not wanting to be left alone in the dark pyramid. She continues to draw the map as they walk. IT's easy.
<Uracilo> "Someone's here." Ju pulls out his gun and kicks hyper intuition into high gear. He knows where everyone is.
<DrabberRogue> "Best not to provoke whoever it is then, we should proceed silently towards our goal." Jace wispers, again loudly enough for the group to hear.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia tries to look around as best she can, slowly moving a ear to one of the walls to try to listen in.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn writes someone on her sketchbook, and steps over to Jace so that he can read it by the glow of her light. "want to go in?" She points to the wall they've found as the source.
<Kioku> These walls… from the sound, they're definitely hollow, particularly behind those rough spots that are still ever-present.
<DrabberRogue> Jace takes out his pen. "That's where the barking was coming from?"
<DrabberRogue> *He writes
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn nods as she looks over at the wall.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn tucks her sketchbook away into her bag and steps over to the wall. She bends down and puts her sharpie against the wall, pulling it up along in a somewhat straight line to an arm's length above her head. Then over a few feet, and then back down to the floor on the other side. She then adds a doorknob to the front of the door. It looks… cartoonish, to say the least. She takes
<LipstickThespian> a breath and starts to run her fingers along the wall. There's a sparkle that runs along her fingers as they move, a golden dust as they ride along the surface. With a flick of her wrist she tries to make the door, real.
<LipstickThespian> roll 4d3-8+3 Living Art
<LipstickThespian> 4d3-8+3 Living Art
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian, Living Art: 5:10-8+3
<FakemixRed> "Hey whoever you are! Give us your shit!"
<DrabberRogue> "Maya, could you save the taunting for when we actually fight something?"
<Kioku> The wall… now has a cartoonish door. A real one. That works.
<FakemixRed> "That's not taunting! I really want some loot."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn steps aside from the door and looks over at the group, pulling her sketchpad back out quickly.
<Kioku> "G-go away! You're not real!"
<DrabberRogue> "Whatever, take point." Jace sighs, silently being exceptionally impressed with Katlyn.
<Kioku> *woof*
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves in a little closer, eyeing the door "I am opening it." she says, reaching a hand for the knob.
<FakemixRed> "If we're not real! Then that means you can't press charges Maya says prepping her gladius.
<DrabberRogue> Jace face palms at Maya.
<Uracilo> Ju, holds the gun, prepared to point it at the door.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is just here to record the soon to be murder spree, it seems.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia opens the door quickly, backing up a little but likely the first person to enter the room.
<DrabberRogue> Jace began preparing a Dissonant Counter, just in case.
<FakemixRed> "Remember Ju, tell me if you need a super special bullet and I'll provide, I'm pretty great like that."
<Kioku> On the other side of the door is a room, about 7'x7' with a bed, desk, and… this looks familiar. It's like a smaller dorm room. The bed is broken, and in the corner of the room, a middle-aged man is huddled on the floor with an obvious compound fracture in his lower right leg. Next to him sits a fairly large dog, probably a bloodhound, that lets out a loud wurfle noise at the door. The man is staring at it, shocked.
<FakemixRed> "Now the question is, which do we kill. The dog or dude. Since both of them are like quite capable of being the big bad/villain around here." Maya says pointing her weapon at the two of them
<Kioku> "Kill?!" The man fumbles for a bag next to him, and you can see what looks like a gun sticking out of it.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn stares at Maya in horror at her reaction to the current series of events. She holds her sketchbook to her chest and watches her, not sure how to stop her spree of murder that is so close to happening.
<DrabberRogue> "Now now, it's possible that neither of them are villians." Jace said carefully, placing a hand on Maya's sword arm.
<FakemixRed> Maya thinks for a moment "The most likely thing is that we're the villains." She gives a toxic laugh, still pointing the blade at the two
<DrabberRogue> "Heh, perhaps, but killing indiscriminantly is the occupation of barbarians. The villain at least has a purpose, and there's no purpose to killing a defenseless target."
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves into the room, walking a little closer to the man but keeping her distance "Are you hurt?"
<Kioku> The man pauses just before his hand touches metal, and looks between his broken leg and the close-eyed girl asking a sensible question rather than threatening him.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn decides to stay in the hallway, stepping over to see into the room and start to sketch it out, but keeping her distance. The darkened hallway more welcoming she feels, than the room with the dog.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia smiles at him, trying to make her appearence live up to her title as a angel, moving a little closer and leaning down but not doing anything at first as if asking for premission.
<Uracilo> Ju walks forward and puts a hand on the man, killing all his pain.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 4:7-8+5
<FakemixRed> "Hah next thing you know we find out the man's some serial killer or something." Maya says chuckling /Something is obviously going on here…is he canceling the electronics?/
<Kioku> The man flinches back from the touch, but Ju manages to get a hand on him… and he slumps over in relief. And extreme confusion. "What… what did you do? How did you do that? What are you? Ghosts, like the one upstairs? Oh god, is it time for me to die?"
<Uracilo> "What is this place?"
<Kioku> The dog growls.
<Kioku> "Shouldn't you know? You're haunting it!"
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn sketches the room and writes some notes. Taking her time to detail it completely as she can, she then goes about flipping the page to sketch out the beginnings of a wonderful piece she's going to entitle 'The Angel Nadia and the Sinner Ju'. She smiles at the thought of the piece, she should paint it.
<DrabberRogue> "Maybe, but it's five against one if that happens, and he seems like a victim here." ~Ghosts? There's a ghost upstairs?~
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves her hand to his broken leg, channeling in herself to heal it, her wings stretching out, both of them becomming covered in a gray mist as her eyes begin to let white tears fall.
<FakemixRed> "Victim eh? Trust me not all cases are so black and white." Maya says as she moves toward the dog inspecting it
<Kioku> The dog barks and snaps at Maya.
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+6 Healing basically + Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland, Healing basically + Overdrive: 4:6-8+6
<Kioku> The man looks like he'd probably scream if not for Ju's pain numbing effect. Having bone that's sticking out of your leg be pushed back in and knitted together before the muscle and flesh do the same has got to hurt under normal circumstances.
<DrabberRogue> "Nothing is black or white, but some things are lighter than others." Jace remarked quickly, though he was rather apprehensive of the dog.
<Kioku> Even so, he's watching the leg in horror.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia heals his leg all the way, her power quickly doing its work as the girl still smiles with the white tears, it would be considered a actually very creepy sight.
<FakemixRed> "Hey you, what's your name and what are you doing here." Maya says eying the dog. /Heel bitch/
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn watches Nadia work with her mouth slightly open, she's in a mixture of horror and awe at the expression and the work. It's sort of disgusting and completely unsettling to her.
<DrabberRogue> Content that Maya isn't going to murder the poor guy, Jace backs out of the room and positions himself near Katlyn, realizing that she's effectively alone in the hall.
<FakemixRed> When Maya takes a look at the healing her stomach churns and she feels a bit nauseous but gotta keep the airs
<SavanahHolland> Nadia then removes her hands from the man, standing up as she lets the tears disappear from her face and her wings fade back, folding up to her. Offering a hand to help the man stand up.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn watches Jace come and join her in the hall, glancing away from Nadia as she finishes up. She goes back to her work drawing and sketching.
<Kioku> The man? With the knitted leg? He passes out. Briefly. Contact with Ju brings him right back, but he's definitely not doing so well. "I'm dead already aren't I? You're fixing me so I can face judgement! I swear I don't know what this place is, I just found it and came in, and when I tried to leave again it was surrounded by soldiers! My other dog got impaled on spikes upstairs, and I barely made it to this room to hide after I
<Kioku> tripped and fell down the ladder hole! I haven't gone past here, really!"
<Kioku> He curls up, sobbing on the floor. The dog whines and nuzzles him.
<SavanahHolland> Wendy brings a hand to be mouth, letting out a loud giggle "Judgement? You are not dead!"
<FakemixRed> Maya lowers the sword "What did you take." she says in a harsh tone /The dog is on the same side? that helps narrow down things/
<DrabberRogue> Jace looked over Katlyn's shoulder at her sketch, curious to see her drawing at work.
<Kioku> "Not dead? But… what you did, it's impossible!" He flinches from Maya. "Nothing, I didn't take nothing!" That bag says otherwise…
<FakemixRed> Maya grabs the bag "Then you won't mind if I nab this." and opens it up
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn is busy drawing a dramatized scene of Nadia, her wings spread out, touching the frail old man as Ju holds him. It's not entirely accurate to the situation, Nadia looks cuter and less thrown together and Ju seems older in her drawing. But it's a nice scene, she's still just started sketching it out however.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia continues to giggle "It is not impossible!"
<Kioku> "Hey!" There's a gun plainly at the top of the bag, that he was reaching for earlier. Under that is mostly food, but there's also something shiny that catches your eye.
<Kioku> The shiny, as it turns out, is a crystalline hexagonal disk with a small flat protrusion on one face.
<FakemixRed> Maya takes out the gun and hooks it on her belt, making sure the safety is on. Afterwards she inspects the shiny closer "Sweet, treasure. I'm guessing this is causing the disturbance."
<DrabberRogue> Jace is paying attention to the interrogation at hand, drawing his own conclusions from the conversation. On the other hand he's marveling at Katlyn's sketching, so he's somewhat distracted.
<Kioku> He's also got a flashlight, but of course it doesn't work. And a lighter. And a pack of cigarettes.
<Kioku> "T-that's MY treasure! I found it!"
<FakemixRed> Maya is going to put the shiny in her bra then hands the rest of the bag to Ju "Check it to make sure." /I don't want the GWU taking it/
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn gets bored with her work, deciding she can finish it back at school. She flips the page back over to her detailed drawing of the room and her notes. She steps over to the doorway and tries to catch Ju's attention with a mixture of pointing and waving.
<FakemixRed> "Sorry but stealing other people's treasures is a pirate's job." Maya says callously
<Uracilo> Ju checks the bag, making sure the flat disc was the only item.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia leans down "You said you did not take anything, are you a liar?" she giggles more
<Kioku> "Finding isn't the same as taking," he mutters.
<Uracilo> He then follows Katlyn, wondering what she wants?
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn turns Ju around and starts to dig through the backpack, she pulls out a bottle of water and pats him on the back. She steps back into the hall and takes a few drinks before offering it to Jace.
<SavanahHolland> "It is." she says with another loud giggle, then turning around to leave the pitiful man, going back into the hallway.
<Kioku> "And why'd you have to go and…" He gulps. "Make a door instead of using the one that's already there? I can't believe I just accused someone of making a door."
<DrabberRogue> "You mentioned something about a ghost in the upper floors, could you elaborate?" Jace asked, accepting the water with a thankful nod, drinking a bit then handing it back to Katlyn.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn drinks some more and puts it away in her bag, before she goes back to waiting around next to Nadia.
<Kioku> The man grumbles about angels having service charges and collaborating with pirates. The dog barks again.
<Kioku> "I don't know nothin."
<Uracilo> "You will explain, or I will take back what I did."
<Uracilo> "Maybe you have forgotten then pain, but it hasn't forgotten you."
<FakemixRed> "Should we leave you two alone? I mean there IS a bed for you two." Maya says with a snicker
<SavanahHolland> Nadia glances over to look at what Katlyn was doing, by now not at all caring about the man besides entertaining the though of if she /could/ reverse what she did.
<DrabberRogue> "Do you remember what the outside looked like when you came in here? Before the soldiers came." Jace continued asking, waving off Ju, not wanting to be harsh.
<Kioku> The man flinches. "Fine. There's this thing on the second floor, up from here and then up again. Spooky ghost kind of thing, dark grey, floating in the air, rushed at me before I closed the door. It was right in one of the rooms in the center area."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn shows her the map she's been drawing, the room drawn, and her future painting sketched out. There's a bit of pride on her face as she shows that one off, she quickly writes on it "not finished. will paint."
<Kioku> "Whatddya mean how the outside looked? Same as the inside, smooth grey stone all over."
<DrabberRogue> "I mean the terrrain around it."
<FakemixRed> "Ghost eh? Then that means that we can kill em with my fancy swords." /Oh thank god, I was worried that was going to be pointless/
<Kioku> He shrugs. "More jungle just like the rest. Big hole in the jungle round this place that goes about fifty feet out."
<DrabberRogue> "Hmm…" ~So the pyramid din't move much…in space anyway…~
<Kioku> "Well, I think I heard it down on this level since then…"
<SavanahHolland> Nadia smiles, something to take her mind of the old man that was obviously insane, she comments quietly with some appreciation for humans that had a artist's hand "It is good."
<Kioku> Speaking of hearing, perception checks all.
<DrabberRogue> Jace looked up at this. "Pardon? You heard it on this level?"
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+1
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed: 1:8-8+1
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+6 (What? On this level?)
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, (What? On this level?): 7:9-8+6
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+8 Perception + Brains
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland, Perception + Brains: 11:11-8+8
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn smiles a little and flicks her pages back to another page so she can keep sketching the tunnels and the rooms. No matter how blank.
<LipstickThespian> !roll 4d3-8+4
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian: 2:6-8+4
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+6
<Kioku> He heard it on this level, and so do you! Barely a whisper of the wind, but there's a kind of chill in the air that wasn't there before. Three chills. And floating dark figures to match them, two on one side of the hall, one on the other.
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 6:8-8+6
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 initiative
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, initiative: 4:6-8+6
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+9 Reflexes Overdrive!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Reflexes Overdrive!: 9:8-8+9
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+7
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 8:9-8+7
<LipstickThespian> !roll 4d3-8+3
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian: 4:9-8+3
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue: 5:7-8+6
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+7 Reflexes + Agility
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland, Reflexes + Agility: 6:7-8+7
<First Combat> Maya; Ju; Nadia; Jace; Spectres; Katlyn
<Kioku> ->Maya
<FakemixRed> Maya takes a swing at the Spectre that was by it's lonesome with her demonic Gladius
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+10 Die Spectre Overdrive!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Die Spectre Overdrive! : 10:8-8+10
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 No body to hold me down
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, No body to hold me down: 8:10-8+6
<FakemixRed> (3 damage then)
<Kioku> The blade itself passes right through the apparition, doing absolutely nothing to it, but the enchantment does its work, slamming through the incorporeal being.
<FakemixRed> "In the rock paper scissors dynamic, demon beats ghost!" Maya yells as she hits it with everything's she got.
<Uracilo> Ju sees this, and decides 'screw this'. He takes someone's hand and starts running past the now downed ghost. Hopefully they'll have grabbed someone else.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia grabs Katlyn, being pulled along by Ju slightly suprised, but taking this as a chance to get the hell out of there.
<FakemixRed> "Oi are you abandoning us! Bastard!"
<DrabberRogue> ~Retreating huh?~ "Maya, we're surrounded, best to retreat!" Jace shouts, running past her and trying to drag her with.
<Kioku> Nadia… these remind you /very/ strongly of some kind of tormented souls. You can practically feel the hate bleeding off of them.
<FakemixRed> Maya whines as she gets dragged but follows along "We can take em!" /No..Maya we can't take them on./
<SavanahHolland> Nadia's eyes open, quickly quickly reflecting the hazel, moving it so Ju can hold on to Katlyn and moving back slowly to the spirit, without much care.
<DrabberRogue> ~I hope they chase us instead of that man…~
<Kioku> Two of the things move into the room you just left, and you hear the recently healed man scream, as well as rapid barking.
<Kioku> The other chases after you though…
<DrabberRogue> ~Shit…~
<Kioku> 4d3-8+8 Feel my torment… nearest one: Maya
<FakemixRed> "We ditching him?" /because I don't want to/ Maya shouts
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, Feel my torment… nearest one: Maya: 7:7-8+8
<FakemixRed> (What defense?)
<Kioku> (Mental)
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+5 Willpower Overdrive!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Willpower Overdrive! : 6:9-8+5
<Kioku> Maya sees brief flashes and gets a bit of a headache, but it's nothing compared to what could have happened (Only the overdrive damage)
<Kioku> Katlyn, turn!
<FakemixRed> "Fuck these things are strong as hell! We won't last long so kill them fast!" Maya says bracing her mind…/Fuck I feel awful/
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves closer to the one that was chasing them, raising her wings up a little more.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn hears the screaming and slips her hand out of Ju's. She flicks through the sketchbook in her hand and finds a page she was doodling on. With a sprakle of her hand she flicks a firework she had drawn off the page and sends it hurtling towards the spirit.
<LipstickThespian> !roll 4d3-8+3 Living Art
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian, Living Art: 4:9-8+3
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 Pass right through
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, Pass right through: 5:7-8+6
<Kioku> >Maya
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn watches as her firework screams down the hall and slips through the spectre, slamming into a wall and exploding in a shower of sparks and amazement. Sucks.
<Kioku> The firework does a pretty good job of lighting up the hall behind the spectre, but nothing actually /to/ it.
<FakemixRed> Maya swings at the one she attacked previous with every fibre of her being. Her steps full of conviction
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+8 No Overdrive, too tired!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, No Overdrive, too tired!: 8:8-8+8
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 7:9-8+6
<Kioku> Bad news: there's only one nearby, and they're indistinguishable from each other. Good news: this happened to be the right one. And that enchatment is doing some work on it. Its form flickers.
<Kioku> >Ju
<Uracilo> Ju stops as Nadia and Katlyn do, and instead leverages his power to its limits, looking for the way down and onwards, looking for the footprint of whatever's eating all the electricity.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+5 Overdrive Cold Read
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo, Overdrive Cold Read: 5:8-8+5
<Kioku> Whatever it is permeates the walls of the structure, its power spread out over the whole place. It seems /very/ faintly stronger at the lower-most level though.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia extends her wings in full, letting them slowly glow with completely white light, opening her eyes and the same white light pouring from them as the same white halo you had seen earlier is traced above her head, she takes a step towards the woman, digging into her mind and memories
<Kioku> (what woman?)
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+6 Rise Angelum Meum + Overdrive
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland, Rise Angelum Meum + Overdrive: 5:7-8+6
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:7-8+6
<Kioku> A glimps into the creature's mind is too horrible to proceed further and find memories to mess with, but you get the sense that if you /did/ delve deep enough, there'd be a wealth of ones that could be corrupted.
<Kioku> >Jace
<DrabberRogue> ~Alright, I'm not letting these damn things beat us!~ "We knock them out one at a time, force them into disadvantagous situations!" Jace shouted to Maya and Nadia, then turning his attention to the spectre and focusing a Dissonant Counter at it.
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+3 (~A little experiment~)
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, (~A little experiment~): 1:6-8+3
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 stability
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, stability: 3:8-8+3
<FakemixRed> "Death to the dead!" Maya says with a roar
<Kioku> Its form flickers hard, but reasserts itself. Looks like it has a new favorite hated target though.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+9 Torment Jace
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, Torment Jace: 8:7-8+9
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+4 ("So it worked…")
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, ("So it worked…"): 4:8-8+4
<Kioku> Jace feels the flashes start, a life not his own… no, many lives. All with conflicting sensations and feelings, all with the same utmost hatred. Hatred enough to oppress and shatter, hatred like no human could feel on their own. (And 3 psyche damage)
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn flicks to another page and finds a small drawing of a fighter jet. She runs her hand along the page and sends the small jet flying off the airstrip of the page. It rockets across the hall on a kamikaze course for the nearest spectre. Sadly for the little Goose flying the F-18, it wasn't going to live through the explosion.
<LipstickThespian> !roll 4d3-8+3 Living Art
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian, Living Art: 3:8-8+3
<Kioku> The other two spectres continue to feast in the room…
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 That's a big plane…
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, That's a big plane…: 4:6-8+6
<Kioku> The bad news: The plane goes right through the spectre. The good news: it explodes spectacularly enough to engulf it, since it was still nearby enough. The bad news again: now it's on fire. And the fire is doing nothing.
<DrabberRogue> ~W-What is this?!~ Jace grabs his head in pain, unsure how to sort out the foreign emotions invading his mind.
<Kioku> >Maya
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn winces as she watches the explosion, a smile on her face. Then it turns to horror as she realizes it is now on fire. Shit.
<FakemixRed> Maya considers her options. On one hand she could further enchant her gladius, but speed is of the essence. "Nadia! Heal me after this." She gives her final swing at the spectre
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+10 Final Cutter Overdrive!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Final Cutter Overdrive!: 10:8-8+10
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:7-8+6
<Kioku> With a terrible screech, the spectre is hit with the backlash of the enchantment, and outright explodes into a mass of dark energies that dissipate moments later. And also flame, which goes out for lack of fuel.
<Kioku> >Ju
<FakemixRed> "Ju! Hurry up and help that guy! Nadia, heal me, Jace gimme your knife!" Maya yells out commands hoping to solve the situation
<Uracilo> Ju grumbles and jogs into the room with the two specters. What the hell was he supposed to do, shoot them? He checks to see if the bullets in the gun are silver.
<Kioku> Fun fact: the GWU has some small degree of intelligence. The bullets /are/ silver.
<Kioku> And covered in runes. Weird.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia lets her wings fold to her back, the light disappaiting, closing her eyes as the last bit of the light disappears, running over to Maya "Where are you hurt?"
<FakemixRed> "Like fucking everywhere, it's more of over straining them." Maya calls out /Fast! we don't have time!/
<Kioku> The two spectres are… well… eating the guy on the floor.
<Kioku> He is most assuredly dead by now, it appears.
<DrabberRogue> Jace tosses Maya the knife, sitll holding his head.
<Kioku> >Still Ju, since only has moved really
<DrabberRogue> "One down…t-two…to go…"
<Uracilo> Ju lets his power read the position of the shades by the way they block light and fires to try and hit both at the same time (penalty?)
<Kioku> From the doorway, it's outright impossible to hit both. They form a perpendicular line to it.
<Kioku> But if you waited for them to notice you…
<Uracilo> Ju does
<Kioku> >Nadia
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves her wings up a little, letting the darkness overshadow them, as she lets the white tears flow from her closed eyes. Nadia mouths some words with no voice, only to have the sound come a few seconds later "Stay still." Nadia starts moving her hands over to float against where she seems injured.
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+4
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland: 3:7-8+4
<Kioku> Maya is healed for 1 HP and 1 Psyche *or* 2 HP. It'll be harder for the next set of healing.
<FakemixRed> I'll take 1 of each
<Kioku> >Jace
<DrabberRogue> As Jace battles with the foreign hatred in his mind, he decides to turn it towards a target, to repurpose the hatred of the spectres as motivation toward beating them. He peered into the flow of battle, deciding the best way to exact revenge on the spectres.
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+4 ("I know your every move.")
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, ("I know your every move."): 4:8-8+4
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 7:9-8+6
<DrabberRogue> ~Damn…I need more time…~
<Kioku> The spectres seem to finish their 'feast', and seem a bit empowered by it, turning to face Ju. They try to move toward him at the same time, but one gets their first. It tries to 'grab' him in a manner of speaking just before he has a chance to shoot. (+1 defense, can make attack against both immediately after at no penalty since it's cancelled out by the delay)
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 vs Reflex
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 at Reflex
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, at Reflex: 8:10-8+6
<Kioku> (You can use an adrenaline patch if you want to)
<Uracilo> Ju slaps on an adrenaline patch and moves out of the way.
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+8
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 6:6-8+8
<Kioku> (Isn't that +10? 3+4+1+2)
<Uracilo> (Sorry, you're right
<Kioku> (No wait, it's +9, adrenaline patch is +1, not +2. Same result.)
<Uracilo> As he narrowly dodges, he fires upon both of them.
<Kioku> A shadowy limb grazes Ju, leaving behind a strong chill, but it's not enough to give lasting harm.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 dodge 1
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, dodge 1: 8:10-8+6
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 dodge 2
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, dodge 2: 2:4-8+6
<Kioku> (One attack against both)
<Kioku> (Katlyn right after this)
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+3+5+1
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo: 9:8-8+3+5+1
<Uracilo> (Forgot to overdrive lol)
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn seens to be alright with the spectre in the hall getting knocked out of the fight. She pulls out a pencil and starts drawing on the page where the fighter jet used to be. It'll take her a minute to finish what she's drawing, however. So she just stands there sketching it out as quickly as she can.
<LipstickThespian> (Preparing to cast, entire action, next person go)
<Kioku> The first spectre's attack makes it move to the side, being completely missed by the bullet, but the one behind it that hasn't acted yet… it takes the full force of the enchanted silver, and shatters with a scream.
<Kioku> >Maya
<FakemixRed> Maya is pissed and rushes into the other room and cuts at the closest specter with a running slash "I hate this!"
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+8 Stab fucker Stab!
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed, Stab fucker Stab! : 9:9-8+8
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 5:7-8+6
<Kioku> The good news: it's a solid hit. The bad news: the target isn't solid. The good news: the enchantment sure makes it feel that way.
<FakemixRed> Maya notices the dead man and that only pisses her off further "That's it I'm sending every single one of you to hell!"
<Kioku> >Ju
<Uracilo> Ju turns the gun onto the spectre that lunged at him before, set on repeating his previous act.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 dodge
<Uracilo> !roll 4d3-8+3+2+1+2 Overdrive Agility+Partial HyperIntuit+Adrenaline Patch
<TheTrueDice> Uracilo, Overdrive Agility+Partial HyperIntuit+Adrenaline Patch: 6:6-8+3+2+1+2
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, dodge: 4:6-8+6
<Kioku> The bullet catches the apparition, barely… and the enchantments very nearly tear it apart. It's in a pretty bad state.
<Kioku> >Nadia
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves quickly to get close to the others, keeping her distance as she tries once again. Her wings opening once more and her eyes letting light shine through.
<SavanahHolland> !roll 4d3-8+4
<TheTrueDice> SavanahHolland: 3:7-8+4
<Kioku> 4d3-8+6 bright!
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, bright!: 6:8-8+6
<Kioku> >Jace
<DrabberRogue> Jace's hand slowly comes off his face, revealing a cold, icy glare as he directs his controlling will at the spectre in a dissonant counter.
<Kioku> The spectre seems to flinch at Nadia's mere presence, but she can't penetrate its mind either…
<DrabberRogue> !roll 4d3-8+5 (Dissonant Counter Overdrive, "Checkmate!")
<TheTrueDice> DrabberRogue, (Dissonant Counter Overdrive, "Checkmate!"): 7:10-8+5
<Kioku> 4d3-8+3 counter-counter
<TheTrueDice> Kioku, counter-counter: 6:11-8+3
<Kioku> The spectre holds itself together… barely… but it's become completely physical!
<Kioku> It also seems stunned.
<Kioku> >Spectre can't act
<DrabberRogue> "K-Kill it!"
<Kioku> >Katlyn
<FakemixRed> "Good job chess boy. Now we can just murder the shit outta them!" Maya screams /He's dead….he's fucking dead/
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn steps over to the room and looks in, she quickly runs her hand over her page and a few sparkles run along the course of her arm and onto her back as she tries to pull the Ghostbuster Proton Pack out of her drawing and onto her back.
<LipstickThespian> 4d3-8+5 Living Art (Overdrive)
<TheTrueDice> LipstickThespian, Living Art (Overdrive): 2:5-8+5
<Kioku> Katlyn gets… something. It might hold up for a bit, maybe catch one thing before falling apart.
<Kioku> It's not exactly what you were going for, but hey, it looks cool!
<Kioku> >Maya
<FakemixRed> Maya slashes at the physical one with her regular cutlass, her mind going a mile a minute /This is wrong, we let a random guy die because we were scared/
<FakemixRed> 4d3-8+8
<TheTrueDice> FakemixRed: 11:11-8+8
<DrabberRogue> Jace gives a grim smile at the girl's creativity, at least one thing to brighten his mood.
<Kioku> 4d3-8+0
<TheTrueDice> Kioku: 1:9-8+0
<Kioku> The spectre is ribbons. Seriously, Maya slashed it to ribbons.
<FakemixRed> Maya's moves have lost all their grace or dexterity, now it's just pure rage. Her slashes are jagged and thoughtless
<Kioku> It can't even muster a scream before it's gone. And still solid. There's a physical corpse of an incorporeal creature in front of you.
<Kioku> The GWU might pay well for this if you can bottle it..
<DrabberRogue> Jace collapsed onto the floor, sliding down a wall as the battle ended, a severe headache and a cocktail of negative emotions wroiling within it.
<Kioku> And as it turns out… they ate the dog too.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn takes a step back as she sees the mutilated corpse on the ground. A hand goes to her mouth and she covers it as she tries not to blow chunks. She steps down the hall to try and get away from the scene.
<Kioku> Well. If 'consuming its mind and leaving it comatose' constitutes eating.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia stares at the corpse, uncaring, acting as if everyone was normal and wearing her usual smile.
<FakemixRed> Maya lets out an animistic scream "FUCK, because you made us run away, we fucking killed somebody!" She angrily scoops up the corpse of the creature.
<Kioku> The corpse is already starting to turn to a liquid, or maybe a gel, and it seems to just be simple darkness with no organs.
<FakemixRed> Maya goes for a water bottle and empties it out to put the spectre in it
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn sits down in the hallway a ways from the door, her glowstick illuminating her sketch pad as she tries to thing of something to draw. It's on her mind, so she starts to sketch out the carnage of the battle as a way to cope.
<SavanahHolland> Nadia stands still, letting out normal breaths, as if what had happened really didn't faze her.
<Uracilo> Ju pockets the gun once more and sighs, walking away from the scene. His power immediately seeks out to balance his responses.
<Kioku> Katlyn, this level really is just the same as the one above, except that the outer walls are slanted the opposite way if you happen across a room that reveals them.
<DrabberRogue> Jace stood up in an agitated state and stormed out of the room, oddly enough going to sit down across from Katlyn in the hall, maybe because she doesn't talk.
<FakemixRed> Maya gets nauseous looking at the dead body, so she pockets the spectre bottle and leaves. "Let's go." She says stomping her feet
<SavanahHolland> Nadia leaves as well, moving to follow right behind Maya.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn looks up at the two coming out of the room, she stops her sketching and looks to them for direction.
<DrabberRogue> ~I…barely did anything in that fight…what the hell I…I felt so useless…~ Jace lamented, perhaps the foreign emotions getting to him, he started shivering as he sat against the wall.
<FakemixRed> Maya looks at Jace sitting and her eyes widen "Get your ass up. We have a job to do." she says heartlessly
<SavanahHolland> Nadia moves to offer Jace a hand to help him up, taking a small sigh.
<Uracilo> Ju looks around for anything of import, hoping to find the next ladder on the way.
<Kioku> The ladders are right where you left them, one up to where you came from, and one down, down the hall from it right under where the one that goes up was on the above floor.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn shuffles up and follows the group, flipping the pages on her sketchbook back to the map as she continues to map out the tomb of horrors.
<DrabberRogue> Jace's fists tighten rapidly at Maya's voice but he gains control of himself, taking a deep breath as he does what he's best at, pushing away his emotions to deal with later. He waves Nadia's hand away and pulls himself up, a facade of confidence meant for himself as much as for the group. "Right, I was only resting, we've still got a ga-…an objective to complete."
<SavanahHolland> Nadia mentally shrugs, her wings folding up once more, walking with everyone else.
<FakemixRed> Maya leads them "We're going down again." looking for another hole
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn tries to point exactly where to go, she has a map after all.
<FakemixRed> Maya follows Katlyn's directions as she trudges forward /Alexei is going to have to brew some tea when I get back/
<Kioku> The hole and pillar-ladder are right there, aye. But this one doesn't just go down one level… it goes down two. And there's no access to the first one, leaving only blowing a hole in the wall or going to the very bottom level as options.
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn looks up at the ground as she stops sketching for a moment, glancing between them all.
<DrabberRogue> Jace has his usual analyzing face on, but his eyes seem a little empty, like he isn't all there.
<FakemixRed> "We're going down. I don't care we're missing a level, we'll get back to it later." MAya says as she steps onto the ladder and descends
<SavanahHolland> Nadia tilts her head, but then slowly moves to follow maya down
<DrabberRogue> "What we're going for is on the bottom level anyway, it's our only objective if we want to wi-…complete the run."
<LipstickThespian> Katlyn follows after, starting to sketch these new developments as they go. She craddles her sketchbook as they step downstairs.
<Kioku> The room at the bottom of the ladder is small but not cramped, and square, with a single door ahead toward what you think was the center of the pyramid. The back wall is slanted, clearly the outside wall of the structure. There's no hall here… but who knows what could be behind that door?
<FakemixRed> "Chess boy this isn't a damn game. We're real and so was that man. We didn't even know his name." Maya snarls
<DrabberRogue> A surge of anger welled up behind Jace's guise at this, but he didn't let it show. "You don't think I know that? We could have saved him but I…" The first sentence seemed oddly devoiod of emotion, like he was purposefully removing it. Towards the end of the second, he almost choked up at the thought of his failure, but cut himself off and withdrew his emotions again. "Nevermind, it doesn't matter, we won't get anywhere unless
<DrabberRogue> we advance. The past is merely a book to be learned from, to make our assault on life that much more efficient." Jace rattled off his own wisdom, reassuring himself more than anyone else.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License