Dee Dee Diane

Oct 28 16:52:50 <gumbal1> ~Bolton was the first to speak, that awkward, too feminine boy who always wanted to stay the night, for whatever reason. "I got a story, yeah." Finishing their smore, they took the light from Lespiaux and began. "They say the catacombs of Diane are haunted…"~
Oct 28 16:53:58 <gumbal1> The intercoms buzz on, once more, at seemingly the worst possible time. «Any available students, please report to the briefing room.»
Oct 28 16:55:16 * SpookyBee (moc.rr.ser.ssam.57-3-10-25-vhf|eeBykoopS#moc.rr.ser.ssam.57-3-10-25-vhf|eeBykoopS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Oct 28 16:55:28 * SpookyBee is now known as FluffyBee
Oct 28 16:55:44 <Nemi> And Madeline's there, hardly with time for the intercom to finish. Just entering the room, cuddled up in a too-large Sanctum hoodie that swaddled her like a blanket. The caramel-toned girl's got a vague hopeful smile. Maybe they'd do something good for once.
Oct 28 16:56:05 <PuddleJumper> Skix had been laying on her back again trying to sleep and failing…she closed her eyes, gave a deep breath and heaved herself up…Dressing in dark cargo pants and her reinforced school jacket, she filled the pockets with usefull items as well as a 20oz soda bottle filled with sink water. She stood at the door for a long time before finally opening it and heading to the briefing room.
Oct 28 16:56:48 <SavanahHolland> Goddamn it. This time Aleksa wasn't in the middle of eating a delicious pie, rather in the mind of uh.. jerkin. He sighs, pulling his hair back and sniffing his hand with a grossed out face, moving to close the bag of jerky and go wash his hands. I bet you thought it was something different, you gross person. Pulling on a hoodie.. why not- he's never been on one before. Standing up, throwing his shoes on and
Oct 28 16:56:48 <SavanahHolland> out he goes to the briefing room! Lumbering in like a big ole goof.
Oct 28 16:56:56 <SavanahHolland> *middle
Oct 28 16:57:28 * Imp-Kitsu (moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.34-25-56-510n|ypmiW#moc.tsewnepoediw.yrt.34-25-56-510n|ypmiW) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Oct 28 16:58:18 <gumbal1> Maybe. Very few good things ever happened that were headed by Dr. Renee Bolton, though. The gaunt, hawkish woman sits at one end of the briefing room table, several stacks of files, most of which are a bit too large to be included in your standard mission briefing. She looks up at the entries, before creating a stack of some of the smaller files and passing them over. "We have a retrieval mission we need you to perform."
Oct 28 16:59:37 <DarcellJermaine> CLINK CLANK CLINK CLANK. A giant, shiny gray man who made quite a lot of noise as he moved came into the office. Sadly, he had yet to receive e that device from Knave, so when he spoke his voice was still deafening loud. "Good evening" he said, his voice like a deep and booming shout .
Oct 28 16:59:57 <Nemi> "Oh. Okay," Madeline says, simple as that. SHe looks up at and smiles at Aleksa and Skix in turn, though more warily, uncertainly to Skix. And another nervous little raise of the hand on seeing Ben. ".. h-hi. You're um. Loud."
Oct 28 17:01:16 <PuddleJumper> Skix looked at her fellow students, not sure who among them was going to be in charge. She jumped a bit at what she assumed was a huge robot. She sniffed and turned to Madeline though she had her back turned to her at first, she smelled her nervousness. She gave her a small smile and turned to take the papers, reading them.
Oct 28 17:01:35 <Nemi> Madeline smelled of nerves and strawberry shampoo.
Oct 28 17:02:26 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa offers a stupid grin, scooping up Madeline in his arms and patting her head "Hey there girlie." he hums, his voice rather upbeat before glancing to Skix and Ben "Hi!"
Oct 28 17:02:33 <gumbal1> Bolton very slightly winces at Ben's interruption. "…right. Well. We…have a bit of a problem. About…eight months back, the school sent an exploration probe into the catacombs of Diane, Florida. As I recall, the GWU never actually went to retrieve it." The briefing files contain a general map of the city, along with known tunnels. "We're rather interested in retrieving that probe for ourselves."
Oct 28 17:04:22 <Nemi> Madeline gives a big doofy smile to Aleksa before she's scuuped up! She returns the hug, happily enough. And a moment later she's back on her feet, attention on Doctor Bolton. ".. Okay! Diane, that's um.. my friend's from there, Leah. I went there before and it was pretty neat! I can't um, wait to see it again, so like.. Okay. Which um, entrance did it use?"
Oct 28 17:04:46 <DarcellJermaine> "What's the importance of this probe?" The giant asks- well, he's only 6'2" but he's wide and large and clink clank yafa yada. His voice is still the worst though and sadly it's gonna stay that way
Oct 28 17:05:50 <PuddleJumper> Skix scanned over the papers and took out the map, looking it over, She started passing out papers to the others so they could read the debrief as well, she layed the map out on the coffee table so the others could see. She stood next to Ben, who she was the same size as. She looked over Madeline "You have been there before?"
Oct 28 17:06:16 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa hums, picking up a few maps and looking them over, trying to commit the to memory, just in case anyways- like if something happens. "You're getting equipment like last time- yeah?"
Oct 28 17:06:25 <SavanahHolland> *We're
Oct 28 17:06:49 <gumbal1> Another wince, before Bolton resumes. "The probe contains valuable information on the interior of Diane's catacombs. In essence, there's less of a chance of an unfortunate occurence involving, well…Diane's unusual anomalous activity. The probe was sent in through an entrance located in an abandoned factory."
Oct 28 17:09:08 <DarcellJermaine> Ben nods his head *creeaaak* trying to refrain from speaking as much as possible. He's well aware of his unfortunate body.
Oct 28 17:09:25 <FluffyBee> And into the briefing room strides Margo. Not technically a student, she does still have her duties and oaths to fulfil!
Oct 28 17:09:57 <gumbal1> The factory is circled on the map, though it's officially unlabeled, and the closest landmark is just some diner.
Oct 28 17:10:47 <SavanahHolland> "Like a first aid kit kinda thing?" he tilts his head at Bolton before turning it at Margo, the stupid grin still on his face "Heya!"
Oct 28 17:11:19 <PuddleJumper> Skix didnt think she knew anyone this time…it was just as well, she didnt know if she could take any friends not making it home. At least the group looked strong. "Get probe, get back. Any further information?"
Oct 28 17:11:47 <DarcellJermaine> At the mention of first aid kits, Ben perks up a bit. He starts to speak but stops himself and just pulls out his special med kit to show everyone- he's got pride in that thing
Oct 28 17:12:51 <gumbal1> "You will be procided with equipment, yes. Several medkits, a few radios, and other materials, if you request."
Oct 28 17:13:11 <PuddleJumper> Skix had some emergency supplies. Seeing Margo Skix breathed in and smiled. Headding over to shake her hand. "Still around i see! Good to see you again!"
Oct 28 17:13:51 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa blinks before grinning, patting Ben on the head "Nice, good to see someone prepared… cuz I'm totally not." he laughs.
Oct 28 17:14:14 <PuddleJumper> Skix nodded. "Anyone who has medical training should get a kit at least. I got some emergency supplies but nothing great."
Oct 28 17:14:29 <gumbal1> "…and please, be careful. Diane proper is known for its unusually high amount of anomalous activity, and its catacombs magnify that problem manyfold."
Oct 28 17:14:31 <DarcellJermaine> Ben nods his head and pats Aleksa back, maybe a bit too hard with his thick metal arm. Helping people was kinda his thing
Oct 28 17:15:08 <FluffyBee> Margo simply opts to remain silent, and listen to the briefer. This'd be her first chance to really see the new world outside of Fifth Sanctum so she might as well listen.
Oct 28 17:15:48 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa was beefy and didn't mind, he can take some pain! "I'm good with like.. flowers.. and being strong, maybe, I dunno." he shrugs. "We'll be careful!" he beams.
Oct 28 17:16:05 <gumbal1> "Please do. Will that be all?"
Oct 28 17:16:09 <PuddleJumper> Between Margo and Ben smelling like metal and sandstone the smell of strawberry shampoo was strong. At least if the small girl got lost she would have no problem tracking her.
Oct 28 17:17:25 <SavanahHolland> "Uhh, just normal supplies really, like an extra medkit, maybe rope? I dunno what's important- a flashlight is good too."
Oct 28 17:17:37 <DarcellJermaine> "I have no qualms" he nods. He's doing his best to keep his speech short
Oct 28 17:17:53 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa smells liiiike, beef jerky and sandalwood, yummy.
Oct 28 17:18:06 <PuddleJumper> Skix shook her head "I'll carry rope and junk, i can see in the dark you all can take flashlights."
Oct 28 17:18:57 <FluffyBee> "I have what I need. My blade is my guiding light."
Oct 28 17:19:14 <gumbal1> "Well. In that case," And suddenly, the five of them are transported to a warm, white void, light shining all around them, the feeling of being submerged sans the risk of drowning present. In the distance is the silhouette of a beautiful mermaid.
Oct 28 17:20:01 <DarcellJermaine> Ben blinks. He's unsure of what happened, but he's not one to panic and strangely enough he was on a similar situation not long ago. He starts to walk/swim over to the figure.
Oct 28 17:20:15 <FluffyBee> Margo stumbles, kneeling to try to catch her footing!
Oct 28 17:20:30 <gumbal1> The mermaid turns her head to look at the five, and begins swimming forward, silhoutte growing larger, and larger, and larger. You're pretty sure she could swallow a car at this size and she's not even halfway over.
Oct 28 17:20:49 <SavanahHolland> "Oo, neat." he smiles at Margo, what a cool looking person! Looked kinda like a video game charac- JESUS FUCKING CHRIST NOT AGAIN. His stomach turns.. he hated this crap.. he was an awful swimmer toooo! This is why he stays in the shallow end damn it! Splashing in the white air, stuggleeeeee.
Oct 28 17:22:47 <PuddleJumper> Skix flinched and landed in the water, She grumbled about the lack of warning but swam over toward the large fish person, tucking her hands and swimming with her tail and rear claws very quickly. She absently checked for the equipment they had been promised.
Oct 28 17:23:31 <gumbal1> And finally, just as she gets close enough for you to realize that what looks like long, flowing hair is really just a localized cluster of tendrils, the five of you find yourselves in the ruins of a factory. In the middle, on the ground floor, is a hole opening into a room covered in carvings, complete with a makeshift wooden ramp leading down. Bits of what might have been filming equipment before they were rather severly shredded up lie arou
Oct 28 17:23:31 <gumbal1> nd the factory floor, but none in the carving room itself.
Oct 28 17:23:33 <FluffyBee> Margo regains her stature, before gazing up at the giant mermaid! She'd never even seen a /normal/ mermaid before… And, unfortunately… Margo was incapable of swimming as she's made of stone!
Oct 28 17:24:24 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa falls down, basically dry heaving, he was sorta getting used to it, but fuck did it make his stomach churnnnn.
Oct 28 17:24:37 <DarcellJermaine> Ben pulls himself together, getting used to having his feet steady on the ground again. That was…strange. He turns to the others, waiting for a signal to move forward.
Oct 28 17:25:25 * Mjeowlnir (ovy.zh.921.56|rinlwoejM#ovy.zh.921.56|rinlwoejM) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Oct 28 17:25:30 <gumbal1> 1d5
Oct 28 17:25:31 <Mjeowlnir> gumbal1: 1
Oct 28 17:25:45 <PuddleJumper> Skix Stopped advancing realizing how far ahead of the others she is she stops, tredding water. "Who are you? We dont want any trouble if we can help it!"
Oct 28 17:26:40 <gumbal1> Nothing responds. The 'mermaid' is long gone.
Oct 28 17:26:43 <FluffyBee> The literally-statuesque woman follows the group along, staying near Skix since she's, really, the only one Margo knows at all, here.
Oct 28 17:26:52 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa finally stumbles up, taking in a deep breath of air as he decides to look around.. anything strange?
Oct 28 17:27:48 <gumbal1> The factory itself is about as rusted as one might expect, and the hole is basically like what the report described. However, it doesn't seem to lead to anywhere that's been mapped, according to the map proper.
Oct 28 17:28:09 <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffs the air, confused at what she saw…she knew that thing was here. She scans the dark sniffing and seeing if she can spot or smell anything (roll skill?)
Oct 28 17:28:52 <SavanahHolland> Was Aleksa given a flashlight..?
Oct 28 17:28:53 <gumbal1> A faint light pours in from the broken windows at the factory's ceiling. It looks to be about late afternoon.
Oct 28 17:29:09 <gumbal1> Skix finds nothing.
Oct 28 17:29:13 <gumbal1> (yes)
Oct 28 17:29:32 <gumbal1> > Rather, she finds nothing relateed to the mermaid. Roll for anything else.
Oct 28 17:29:52 <SavanahHolland> He boops the lil button and the flashlight turns on "Let there be light" he mumbles, humming pleasantly. Any doors nearby?
Oct 28 17:30:25 <PuddleJumper> (so everyone got a medical kit rope a radio and a flashlight if they wanted?)
Oct 28 17:30:34 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 3d4-8+9
Oct 28 17:30:34 <GameServ> 3d4-8+9 = 9
Oct 28 17:30:34 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 9: 7:6-8+9
Oct 28 17:30:46 <Nemi> Madeline looks around as well, thoughtful. "It feels weird here."
Oct 28 17:31:04 <FluffyBee> Margo draws her own blade: A long sword with a square tip and the edge coated in old glyphs! The thing lights like a torch along the sharpened edge, literally becoming Margo’s guiding light.
Oct 28 17:31:35 <gumbal1> The room is filled, top to bottom, with carvings, save for the parts of the ceiling that collapsed to form the hole, and two portculluses on the widthwise walls. The carvings themselves are, well, weird. Depicting strange creatures, odd men, macabre rituals, and grim scenes.
Oct 28 17:32:02 <SavanahHolland> He glances to the "guiding light" "Neat" before glancing back at Madeline "Can't be that bad, the worst we find are probably some crappy rats, or ghosts, but ghosts are probably cool."
Oct 28 17:32:12 <Nemi> Madeline walks on down to peer into the hole, and climbs on down to join the others in the carving room. Her camera- the small one, the Nikon- is in hand already, photos being snapped. "Ghost are cool!"
Oct 28 17:32:15 <Nemi> "Ghosts, too!"
Oct 28 17:32:45 <gumbal1> Skix, the rooms to either side of the carving room are a lot less dusty, oddly enough. In fact, directly opposite of where the ramp leads seems almost…clean.
Oct 28 17:33:24 <Nemi> Madeline grins a moment, and peeks past one of the porticullises to see what lies beyond.
Oct 28 17:33:34 <SavanahHolland> He snickers, looking at the weird carvings, can he take a crack at decoding? Which he'll probably fail at but will try!
Oct 28 17:33:39 <PuddleJumper> Skix shivers looking around. "Cant make out much, the rooms to the sides have less dust…the one opposite the ramp is clean…we aint the only ones to be here recently is my bet."
Oct 28 17:33:40 <gumbal1> Shame neither of them are lit, but what can you expect from unexplored catacombs?
Oct 28 17:33:52 <gumbal1> > Which one, Madeline?
Oct 28 17:34:10 <Nemi> Madeline will try the one to her LEFT, coming down from the ramp.
Oct 28 17:34:33 <FluffyBee> "… Ghosts are not tangeable. They cannot be… Cool, or warm." Not the last time she'd checked, at least.
Oct 28 17:34:49 <Nemi> "I'm not tangible either technically!"
Oct 28 17:35:15 <PuddleJumper> Skix decides to follow Madeline, backing her up. (3 rooms or two off the water hole room?)
Oct 28 17:35:22 <SavanahHolland> "Ehh? I mean like, cool… like awesome, or neat- yaknow?" he nods
Oct 28 17:35:37 <gumbal1> (what water hole :v)
Oct 28 17:35:52 <SavanahHolland> "You're not tangible, just squishy n adorable" he snrks
Oct 28 17:36:04 <Nemi> "Eeeexactly!"
Oct 28 17:36:55 <FluffyBee> "…" Margo imagines she's raising an eyebrow, though they're stone. She simply follows Aleksa, holding the glowing blade above her head to create a dome of torchlight.
Oct 28 17:37:22 <gumbal1> > Roll academics, Aleksa
Oct 28 17:37:48 <gumbal1> The room leads into a similar room, sans roof hole…come to think of it, it's exactly the same, minus hole, complete with an open portcullus like the last room.
Oct 28 17:38:05 <SavanahHolland> 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 17:38:05 <Mjeowlnir> SavanahHolland: 4:9-8+3
Oct 28 17:38:15 <Nemi> Madeline is terribly bemused by this. Any signs of disturbed dust or anything a drone or creature might have left?
Oct 28 17:38:42 <gumbal1> Aleksa, you donts really understand any of this.
Oct 28 17:39:10 <PuddleJumper> Skix stops and looks sniffing and trying to figure out what exactly was going on. "Should we go through the open gate there?"
Oct 28 17:39:13 <SavanahHolland> "This makes no sense.. anyone good at like.. reading dead languages? Cuz I'm terrible"
Oct 28 17:39:41 <FluffyBee> "I speak a great many dead languages… Though I'm afraid they may be far /too/ dead for… This."
Oct 28 17:40:08 <DarcellJermaine> Ben quietly (or as quietly as Ben can) observes the others and follows behind in case.
Oct 28 17:40:10 <Nemi> "I know a little bit of French!"
Oct 28 17:40:12 <gumbal1> Madeline, the room is actually quite clean, come to think of it. Only a small pile of chipped rocks in the corner seem to indicate anything wrong, and those can be explained by the slightly vandalised bit of carving just above it.
Oct 28 17:40:40 <Nemi> Hm. Vandalized? Weird. Madeline steps into this room opposite the ramp and examines the vandalized carving- she'll snap a photo of it, too.
Oct 28 17:40:55 <PuddleJumper> Skix shakes her head. Putting her claw to the vandilized carving "Its worth a try Margo, I only know english and bad english."
Oct 28 17:41:17 <SavanahHolland> "heh" he chuckles, deciding to follow Madeline in what she does, he hums, lightly nudging the small pile of chipped rocks with his foot.
Oct 28 17:41:21 <FluffyBee> Margo approaches the carving, and attempts to REAAAAD!
Oct 28 17:41:54 <gumbal1> …that's weird. The photo comes out, and it's…well, it's the pile, sure, but there's also Kiefer and Austin, slav-squatting in front of it.
Oct 28 17:42:05 <FluffyBee> 4d3-8+2
Oct 28 17:42:05 <Mjeowlnir> FluffyBee: 2:8-8+2
Oct 28 17:42:07 <FluffyBee> Brains
Oct 28 17:42:26 <gumbal1> What the fuck is even going on here, Margo?
Oct 28 17:42:39 <gumbal1> > PERCEPTION, ALL
Oct 28 17:42:46 <Nemi> Madeline's eye twitches and she takes a breath with a sudden start. Austin's around still- she's still friends with him- but Kiefer? Her eyes glisten wetly.
Oct 28 17:42:54 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 3d4-8+9
Oct 28 17:42:54 <GameServ> 3d4-8+9 = 9
Oct 28 17:42:55 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 9: 10:9-8+9
Oct 28 17:43:04 <Nemi> 4d3-8+5
Oct 28 17:43:04 <Mjeowlnir> Nemi: 6:9-8+5
Oct 28 17:43:28 <FluffyBee> 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 17:43:29 <Mjeowlnir> FluffyBee: 5:9-8+4
Oct 28 17:43:30 <FluffyBee> PERC
Oct 28 17:43:42 <SavanahHolland> 4d3-8+7
Oct 28 17:43:42 <Mjeowlnir> SavanahHolland: 7:8-8+7
Oct 28 17:43:54 <SavanahHolland> He blinks "You okay girlie?"
Oct 28 17:44:20 <Nemi> "I’m.." Madeline whimpers a moment. ".. I'm fine. Just reminded of somebody I used to know."
Oct 28 17:44:42 <SavanahHolland> He gingerly places a big ole hand on Madeline's head, frowning.
Oct 28 17:44:49 <PuddleJumper> Skix runs her claws around the walls and carvings. Turning briefly to Madeline.
Oct 28 17:46:00 <FluffyBee> "…" Margo would squint if she could, before the song Somebody I Used To Know flashes through her head. She's listened to it on repeat on the magical "Radio" device…
Oct 28 17:46:08 <DarcellJermaine> 4d3-8+8 perception
Oct 28 17:46:08 <Mjeowlnir> DarcellJermaine, perception: 9:9-8+8
Oct 28 17:46:56 <gumbal1> All of you hear it. The sound of hard falling, crumbling into a few hundred pieces, before something runs away with heavy footsteps. It seems to be coming from further down, from the portcullus leading away from the ramp room.
Oct 28 17:47:21 <Nemi> Madeline lifts her head, cranes it that way, and .. Scurries afterwards, following the sound without hesitation.
Oct 28 17:47:51 <PuddleJumper> Skix follows her quickly behind madeline
Oct 28 17:48:00 <SavanahHolland> Aleska gets on his feet, he sure as hell ain't fast but it sounds like someone fell!! He hopes they're okay :(
Oct 28 17:48:59 <DarcellJermaine> Ben focuses in and concentrates, trying to detect any particular metals down in the direction of the crash
Oct 28 17:49:00 <gumbal1> The second carving room leads into a third carving room, although this time, it appears as if the portcullus on the other end has been broken in two, rather than left open.
Oct 28 17:49:14 <DarcellJermaine> ‘calc 4d3-8+4 Metal Detector
Oct 28 17:49:17 <FluffyBee> "… What was that…?" Margo turns towards wherever the sound came from!
Oct 28 17:49:21 <DarcellJermaine> 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 17:49:21 <Mjeowlnir> DarcellJermaine: 5:9-8+4
Oct 28 17:50:45 <Nemi> Madeline hardly stops at seeing that portcullis broken, though she does pause a moment to snap a photograph, curious to see what might develop. She hopes it’s not another reminder of missing friends.
Oct 28 17:50:46 <gumbal1> No metals, no. Unless you count the trace amount you may find in your standard rock, in which case it's practically all over the floor about seven hundred feet away. The carving rooms themselves are about 7 by 4 by 3 meters in volume.
Oct 28 17:51:37 * Puddle (PuddleJump@2602:306:3157:urhs:mhzq:gjxj:qyuj:lzoq) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Oct 28 17:52:05 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa doesn't stop at all! He wants to help that person who fell dang nabbit!
Oct 28 17:52:33 <FluffyBee> Margo remains alert, keeping her senses open…
Oct 28 17:52:40 * PuddleJumper has quit (Ping timeout: 250 seconds)
Oct 28 17:52:50 <DarcellJermaine> Ben nods, satisfied. "Should we investigate the crash?" Too loud Ben!
Oct 28 17:52:53 * Puddle is now known as PuddleJumper
Oct 28 17:53:09 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa bas been running!
Oct 28 17:53:11 <SavanahHolland> *has
Oct 28 17:53:34 <Nemi> So has Madeline! "Come on!"
Oct 28 17:53:42 <PuddleJumper> Skix continues to follow Madeline closely figuring she was the smallest and in most need of protection
Oct 28 17:54:06 <FluffyBee> Margo follows the crew along, still hefting her torchblade above her head!
Oct 28 17:54:45 <gumbal1> As Madeline and Aleksa rush through, they're confronted with a sudden, hard truth: There's no floor beneath their feet. Thankfully, or unthankfully given the circumstances, that's only true for about ten feet before they fall on…grass? From the looks of it, to they and the people following find themselves in a tall courtyard, surrounded by vaguely English looking architecture, probably either courthouses or ancient apartments, having just co
Oct 28 17:54:45 <gumbal1> me out of the side of one such building. Surrounding them is a black iron fence, encasing a garden full of exotic flowers and beautiful statues. The sky above them is a blackened overcast, and all that can be heard is the sound of crickets chirping and the wind blowing.
Oct 28 17:55:51 <gumbal1> One of the statues appears to have fallen onto the concrete path lining the guarden. What migtht've once been an important official, reduced to several stony chunks and a nearly undamaged head…you know, the craftmanship's actually rather nice. If they can carry it out, it might be worth quite the pretty penny.
Oct 28 17:56:01 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa face plants into the grass, or rather- face plants into the.. plants? Ehhh? Ehhhh? Bad joke. Aleksa senses the flowers the moment he touches the grass, looking up with a shit eating grin "Flowers!!"
Oct 28 17:56:19 <DarcellJermaine> Ben looks all around him, feeling slightly worried. He can't move faster than a slow jog at best, so by the time he's aware and moving, the whole crew has left. He does his best to feel around the area to try and find them. "Hello?"
Oct 28 17:56:27 <Nemi> Madeline IS the smallest! And she lands with the sudden scene change in a gentle roll after making a tiny 'oof!' She takes a moment to prop herself up on her palms and peers around. ".. oh.. it's- wow. It's really pretty here. Kind of reminds me of home.." She frowns up at the dark sky. ".. but it's not raining at least.." The wind catches her hair and makes her shiver as she
Oct 28 17:56:27 <Nemi> stands. The statues get a closer look, as do the flowers. And naturally, out comes Madeline's camera, to snap shots of everything.
Oct 28 17:56:58 <PuddleJumper> Skix yelps a raptor bark of shock before falling to the grass in a roll, She comes up sniffing and ready to fight "Wha! This cant be real, we were inside? Are we inside? Someone is messing with us!"
Oct 28 17:57:17 <FluffyBee> Margo stops at the edge, before dropping down into the grasspatch behind the others with a heavy thud, the sharp heels of her feel stabbing into the ground! "Oof…" Her joints creak a little, as she reaclimates to the active lifestyle of an adventurer.
Oct 28 17:57:30 <Nemi> "It's super pretty here! Almost as pretty as the statue girl!"
Oct 28 17:57:50 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa unzips his hoodie, throwing at Madeline "Don't catch a cold" he smirks as he quickly walks over to it.. plaaaaants. Any of them speaking?
Oct 28 17:58:19 <Nemi> Madeline's already in a hoodie. Now she has two! She smiles brightly at Aleksa nonetheless.
Oct 28 17:58:47 <SavanahHolland> Psh, two is better than one!
Oct 28 17:59:20 <FluffyBee> "… I am thankful for your compliments, but now is not the time for flirtation."
Oct 28 17:59:47 <PuddleJumper> Skix again sniffs and stalks around trying to find out what made the crashin sound. Sniffing and turning her head like shes hunting something. (roll?)
Oct 28 17:59:58 <Nemi> "Err- sorry.."
Oct 28 18:01:25 <gumbal1> There's nothing to special about the pictures of the statues…save for two of them. One, a central figure of a beautiful woman, hand outstretched to the sky (with design choices indicating it was probably pilfered from Syria and transported here), is somewhat more illuminated than the other pictures, especially the plaque below her, stating 'TELL ME YOU'LL LOVE ME FOREVER, WITHOUT WORDS; TELL ME YOU NEED ME, WITHOUT WORDS; TELL ME IT'S FOREVE
Oct 28 18:01:25 <gumbal1> R, WITHOUT WORDS.' The second is the broken statue, which, when taken a picture of, appears whole, dressed like an early 20th century public official might.
Oct 28 18:01:47 <gumbal1> *TELL ME YOU'LL LOVE ME, WITHOUT WORDS
Oct 28 18:02:20 <Nemi> ".. oh wow this is strange um.. the plaque wasn't that well lit before was it? And that statue's together and um.. she's.." Madeline furrows her brows. ".. does it say she wants a kiss or something?"
Oct 28 18:02:45 <SavanahHolland> "Welp time to kiss the statue, chop chop" he teases
Oct 28 18:03:06 <gumbal1> The flowers say nothing, except to mutter to themselves, hoping they won't be the ones to go. The grass is crying. The trees are sighing.
Oct 28 18:03:24 <FluffyBee> Margo reads the transcript, before backing away without, well… Words. This reminds her greatly of her glory days, unfortunately…
Oct 28 18:03:36 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa blinks, his face going a tad pale "Please don't cry.." he mumbles as he leans down.
Oct 28 18:03:39 <Nemi> ".. okay." Madeline steps forward once, which takes her up to the statue, on the plinth it stands upon. And she leans up on tiptoes to kiss the statue's cheek.
Oct 28 18:04:01 <gumbal1> Ben, the feeling you got earlier seems to be located at the exact location of the statue…huh! It didn't seem like that far of a walk.
Oct 28 18:04:25 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 3d4-8+9
Oct 28 18:04:54 <SavanahHolland> "They’re all upset" he frowns, speaking to the others "They're not talking to me…"
Oct 28 18:05:04 <gumbal1> It's tall, but when you're in a dream, height rarely matters on an upward scale.
Oct 28 18:05:06 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 3d4-8+9
Oct 28 18:05:10 <GameServ> 3d4-8+9 = 8
Oct 28 18:05:10 <GameServ> 3d4-8+9 = 8
Oct 28 18:05:10 <gumbal1> …nothing visibly happens.
Oct 28 18:05:10 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 8: 7:6-8+9
Oct 28 18:05:11 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 8: 11:10-8+9
Oct 28 18:05:44 <Nemi> Madeline takes a step back, and after a moment, hugs the statue about the waist. She did like the style. It reminded her of Leah, even if Leah was of Iranian extraction. It was pretty.
Oct 28 18:05:52 <FluffyBee> "… Perhaps it would be more appropriate if I attempted. It would be… Thematic? A statue to statue?"
Oct 28 18:06:16 <gumbal1> Nothing visibly happens once more.
Oct 28 18:06:22 <SavanahHolland> He mutters.. moving up to the flowers and speaking softly like a purr "What have you seen?"
Oct 28 18:06:42 <Nemi> "Oh.. You can try it, sure!" Madeline hops down from the plinth the statue stands on, and pauses to take another photo from her new angle.
Oct 28 18:07:06 <FluffyBee> Margo approaches the statue, before leaning over givin’ it a straight-up smooch! Icky! Statue love!
Oct 28 18:07:31 <gumbal1> The flowers speak of robed men entering, killing them and offering their corpses to the stone thing. They speak of blobs, wandering around, hurting intruders without touching them.
Oct 28 18:07:42 <gumbal1> Nothing visibly happens.
Oct 28 18:08:22 <FluffyBee> Well, something happened. Margo kissed a statue, so there's /that/. She backs away, crossing her free arm below her chest in contemplation. "Hm… I suppose I was wrong."
Oct 28 18:08:33 <gumbal1> Skix, the smell of flowers nearly overwhelms your senses.
Oct 28 18:08:52 <Nemi> "I dunno, really!"
Oct 28 18:09:22 <SavanahHolland> He frowns, his eyebrows knitting together.. he felt sick to his stomach "I will protect you little ones.. don't worry.." he straightens his back "There are things here.. blobs that hurt people like us, uh intruders- the flower said anyways."
Oct 28 18:10:16 <Nemi> Madeline rubs her nose, and looks over. "Really? Blobs..?"
Oct 28 18:10:33 <gumbal1> The sky briefly lights up, revealing an empty cobblestone street to the left of where they entered. A hooded figure, sitting on a horseless carriage, can be briefly made out, before disappearing.
Oct 28 18:10:33 <FluffyBee> "Then we will burn them back to whatever hell they came from." Margo states with dignity and pride in her voice!
Oct 28 18:10:37 <PuddleJumper> Skix shakes her head snuffeling and snorting a sneeze. "All i can smell is flowers, its overwhelming. I cant see if anyone came through here or not."
Oct 28 18:10:58 <SavanahHolland> He sighs, rubbing his fingers between the bridge of his nose as he pulls out a seed from his pocket, forming a rather lovely flower, the same kind as the flowers in the yard, setting it gently against the stone thing..
Oct 28 18:11:12 <gumbal1> > What kind of flower is it?
Oct 28 18:11:23 <gumbal1> > Type and color are relevant.
Oct 28 18:11:36 <SavanahHolland> The same kind as the flower and color he just spoke to!
Oct 28 18:12:14 <Nemi> Roooooses, perhaps?
Oct 28 18:12:26 <Nemi> Not that Madeline knows anything. Or said anything. "Um. Um… Oh! I saw someone!"
Oct 28 18:12:43 <PuddleJumper> Skix points to the figure before it vanishes. "I could have sworn i saw the cloaked thing just now. You saw him to right Madeline?!"
Oct 28 18:13:04 <Nemi> She holds her camera up to snap a photo, hoping the flash might illuminate the person again and give her a better look!
Oct 28 18:14:20 <FluffyBee> Margo looks towards the direction of Madeline's flash, trying to spy the person!
Oct 28 18:14:30 <gumbal1> A gladolius sprout before the statue. It blows away in the wind, and little changes.
Oct 28 18:15:09 <Nemi> "Um, what're you doing with the flowers and stuff, Aleksaaaa?"
Oct 28 18:15:31 <gumbal1> The flash illuminates a completely empty street. The camera displays an image of the hooded figure within the confines of the garden, staring straight at the group with its obscured gaze.
Oct 28 18:16:33 <Nemi> Oh dear. Madeline's a little nervous. How far away from her camera was the figure? "It- that hooded guy's here with us. I just can't see him.." She peers through the viewfinder now, feeling vaguely reminded of the time she played Fatal Frame with a friend in Middle School.
Oct 28 18:17:06 <SavanahHolland> He hums, moving to another flower "Do you have anything else you can share with me? I need it to help you guys.." he glances to Mads briefly "Figuring this out…"
Oct 28 18:17:15 <PuddleJumper> Skix blinks at the flash trying her best to blink the after image from her eyes, She concentrates on Aleksa and his flowers. "Do you think we need to give it flowers?" Skix hisses and turns to Madeline "How do you know?" Skix sniffs and crouches into a combat stance.
Oct 28 18:17:18 <gumbal1> About twelve feet, give or take.
Oct 28 18:17:35 <FluffyBee> As a technically-dead individual, would Margo be able to see the figure with her own wraithy eyes?
Oct 28 18:17:52 <gumbal1> The viewfinder displays a normal, if somewhat overgrown garden.
Oct 28 18:17:55 <SavanahHolland> "I think so.. it spoke about people offering the statue flowers.." he bites his lip "please help?" he mumbles to the flower.
Oct 28 18:18:01 <gumbal1> > PERCEPTION, PEOPLE LOOKING FOR THE FIGURE
Oct 28 18:18:10 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+9
Oct 28 18:18:10 <GameServ> 4d3-8+9 = 10
Oct 28 18:18:11 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 10: 7:6-8+9
Oct 28 18:18:16 <FluffyBee> 1d3-8+4
Oct 28 18:18:17 <Mjeowlnir> FluffyBee: -3:1-8+4
Oct 28 18:18:19 <FluffyBee> PERC
Oct 28 18:18:20 <Nemi> 4d3-8+5
Oct 28 18:18:20 <Mjeowlnir> Nemi: 7:10-8+5
Oct 28 18:18:29 <FluffyBee> wait
Oct 28 18:18:33 <FluffyBee> 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 18:18:34 <Mjeowlnir> FluffyBee: 3:7-8+4
Oct 28 18:18:35 <Nemi> Madeline is spooked. "Um- um- statue flowers.. love.. try red roses!"
Oct 28 18:18:36 <FluffyBee> My bad
Oct 28 18:19:05 * BobaFettuccine (ten.tsacmoc.aw.3dsh.003-90-235-70-d|cutteFaboB#ten.tsacmoc.aw.3dsh.003-90-235-70-d|cutteFaboB) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Oct 28 18:19:08 <SavanahHolland> "Roses.. roses" he nods, grabbing another seed, and out sprouts a lovely red rose, setting it in front of the statue.
Oct 28 18:19:09 <gumbal1> The flowers ask if Aleksa understands the meaning of plant symbolism.
Oct 28 18:19:12 * Kioku has quit (Quit: Kioku)
Oct 28 18:20:14 <SavanahHolland> "of course." Aleksa has studied the crap out of it, his Aunt friggin loves plants.
Oct 28 18:21:04 <gumbal1> Though none of you can seem to find the figure, something does happen as the rose is placed in front of the statue. Just as the gladolius, it blows away in the wind; however, the part of the inscription that says ’TELL ME YOU'LL LOVE ME, WITHOUT WORDS' seems to disappear along with it.
Oct 28 18:21:52 <Nemi> Madeline doesn't entirely know what's going on but she brightens as the inscription goes. "Oh! Oh! It's about flower symbolism I think! Um! What does forever and what does need in flower stuff mean?"
Oct 28 18:22:19 <PuddleJumper> Skix backs up against the others trying to stay close, she watches the rose blow away seeing if the wording on the statue has changed or all the words have gone.
Oct 28 18:23:04 <FluffyBee> Margo turns back to look at the rose a moment, then up at the statue. "… That cannot be terribly good…"
Oct 28 18:23:35 <PuddleJumper> Skix shakes her head feeling anxiety. "I dont know anything about flowers…but i dont like the ghost thing."
Oct 28 18:24:01 <Nemi> "I knoooow it's really spooking me!"
Oct 28 18:24:26 <SavanahHolland> "Purple Carnation is for the I'll never forget you thing.. i believe."
Oct 28 18:24:44 <Nemi> "T-try it!"
Oct 28 18:25:33 <SavanahHolland> He hums, another seed from his pocket, out sprouting a purple carnation, setting it down once more.
Oct 28 18:25:58 <FluffyBee> Margo, feeling not at all at ease, takes a defensive wide stance, watching her surroundings with her blade held at a horizontal angle in both hands above her head!
Oct 28 18:27:29 <gumbal1> …the flower blows away, and nothing visibly happens.
Oct 28 18:27:41 <Nemi> "And um, um, forever is like, like.." Madeline's phone is abruptly in-hand, her camera still up in the other, and she quickly tries to run a search on flower meanings. Hopefully there's still wireless down here..
Oct 28 18:27:42 <gumbal1> …Aleksa gets a text.
Oct 28 18:27:53 <gumbal1> Oddly enough, there is cell service here.
Oct 28 18:27:55 <PuddleJumper> Skix took up with Margo sniffing again and nearly sneezing, damn flowers.
Oct 28 18:27:55 <FluffyBee> "… A very long time."
Oct 28 18:28:00 <SavanahHolland> He blinks, pulling out his phone and checking.
Oct 28 18:28:32 <gumbal1> 'before i met you, baby, i didn't know what i was missing' In addition, there appears to be an image attactment loading.
Oct 28 18:29:05 <FluffyBee> "What is the glowing tablet telling you?" Margo turns her head to Aleksa, curious and cautious.
Oct 28 18:29:13 <SavanahHolland> He rolls his shoulders.. creepy.. he waits for it to load.
Oct 28 18:29:29 <gumbal1> …well, it loaded, and it's a picture of the group from behind.
Oct 28 18:29:44 <Nemi> "I think a forget-me-not for the love-you-forever one, and um.. ooooorange rose I think for need?"
Oct 28 18:29:45 <gumbal1> Taken with an oddly high-quality camera.
Oct 28 18:29:53 <Nemi> As quality as Madeline's?
Oct 28 18:30:09 <SavanahHolland> "Holy fuck." he outright says, staring at his phone, freezing as his toes curl in his shoes.
Oct 28 18:30:10 <gumbal1> Madeline wishes she had this level of quality.
Oct 28 18:30:17 <FluffyBee> "… What is it?"
Oct 28 18:30:27 <Nemi> Maybe with her good cameras. The ones in her and Kat's room.
Oct 28 18:30:31 <PuddleJumper> Skix's phone was unable to send pictures, and was just above banging rocks together technology wise
Oct 28 18:30:38 <Nemi> Mads looks up, blinking. "Um- um, what's wrong?"
Oct 28 18:31:04 <Nemi> ".. huuurry please? Try an orange rose and um, a forget-me-not! I can't make like, real flowers or anything!"
Oct 28 18:31:17 * BobaFettuccine has quit ()
Oct 28 18:31:27 <PuddleJumper> Skix looks at his phone and spins, seeing where the picture was taken from she springs forward lashing out with her tail at the space where the picture would have been taken from
Oct 28 18:31:28 <gumbal1> Perhaps not. But the garden is absolutely stocked with flowers.
Oct 28 18:31:45 <SavanahHolland> He shows the picture, nearly dropping his phone as he he hands mads the phone, grabbing two seeds and forming them quickly, setting them on the statue. Please work Please work.
Oct 28 18:32:20 <Nemi> Madeline's own phone disappears as she doesn't think about it anymore, and peers at the picture. Okay. THat's spooky. But. Don't worry about it. She holds on to it until Aleksa places the flowers.
Oct 28 18:34:07 <gumbal1> As the flowers blow away, so to do the words, and the iron fence overlooking the dark street slowly and surely begins sinking into the ground. Meanwhile, Skix's tail seems to hit something roundish, metal, and rather small, all things considered.
Oct 28 18:34:08 <FluffyBee> "What is wrong? I cannot protect the lot of you if I know nothing." Margo gazes about, still looking for the hooded man!
Oct 28 18:34:54 <Nemi> "I don't know and- um- the fence's gone! Come on!" Madeline's not sure why the fence could have even stopped her. She tugs at Aleksa's hand. "Come on, let's- go to the street, hurry!"
Oct 28 18:34:57 <PuddleJumper> Skix was shocked to actually have made contact with something and immidiatly went hunting for whatever the round metal thing was.
Oct 28 18:35:06 <SavanahHolland> "A dude took a picture of us from behind and sent a really.. really creepy text to me so uh, yeah." he slowly walks over to the fence after whispering to the flowers 'I'll come back for you all'
Oct 28 18:35:18 <SavanahHolland> er
Oct 28 18:35:24 <SavanahHolland> not slowly it seems at the tugging!
Oct 28 18:35:42 <FluffyBee> Margo follows along, keeping her sword above her head at the ready!
Oct 28 18:35:57 <Nemi> Madeline offers Aleksa's phone back as they go!
Oct 28 18:36:04 <PuddleJumper> Skix calls out "I hit something!"
Oct 28 18:36:23 <SavanahHolland> He pockets it, moving quickly with Madeline, not sure what to do but apparently he has to hurry??
Oct 28 18:37:03 <gumbal1> Skix has little trouble. The thing didn't even move after it was struck…come to think of it, it's pretty weird looking. Almost a cross between BB-8 and the mars curiosity rover, it appears to be dented in places, most noteably the spot where Skix hit it. Meanwhile, the street remains relatively empty, and flanked on all sides by old-timey stone and glass buildings, with the occasionally courtyard to break up the monotony.
Oct 28 18:37:59 <PuddleJumper> Skix picked the thing up, carrying it along with them. "Think this might be what we came looking for? I uh…kinda put a dent in it. Sorry."
Oct 28 18:38:24 <PuddleJumper> Skix rushed out of the courtyard after the others afraid to be left alone.
Oct 28 18:38:41 <gumbal1> A few of them have signs. Fewer still make sense as things to put on buildings. 'JERRY'S INN', 'FULL THROTTLE AHEAD', 'YOU ARE EMPTY', 'CALL THE ONE EIGHTY ONE' 'BELOW DIANE' 'THE JACK CHAMBERLAIN COURTHOUSE'
Oct 28 18:38:41 <FluffyBee> "I believe, as one of your modern adventurers once said… We are no longer in Kansas anymore…" Margo's refrences are terribly out of date, but she's getting there.
Oct 28 18:38:41 <Nemi> "Sorry.. sorry sorry I'm just- spooked.." Madeline stops once they reach the street, and peers around. The architecture's fascinating.. Camera returns to hand after not being anywhere in sight. She swivels back to Skix, and blinks. "Oh! That- looks like our drone?"
Oct 28 18:39:20 <Nemi> Madeline gives a wan smile, before she swivels to read the signs.. and frowns. ".. this is.. pretty strange.. Um. Leeet's.. Trrrry the inn maybe?"
Oct 28 18:40:02 <SavanahHolland> He leans it, poking it and huffing from running "Weeeird.. yeah, Inn looks good. He looks around, trying to find one..
Oct 28 18:40:38 <PuddleJumper> Skix nods looking over the thing she picked up, trying to figure out if she broke it or not. "Does anyone know tech stuff…i can fix some things…if i have enough duct tape."
Oct 28 18:40:48 <Nemi> On to Jerry's Inn! That's where Madeline goes, anyway. "It's.. super cool and neat here even if I'm really spooked out and .. um um- I don't know, I don't!"
Oct 28 18:41:09 <gumbal1> JERRY'S INN is a two story thing, with a pig's head on a sign out front and a dim light poking out through the curtained windows from within. The door's open, and entering…
Oct 28 18:41:24 <Nemi> Madeline peeks inside!
Oct 28 18:41:32 <PuddleJumper> Skix nods "We should bring it inside."
Oct 28 18:41:47 <FluffyBee> Margo follows along, using her blade as a light, still.
Oct 28 18:42:28 <gumbal1> …on the inside, the inn looks less like an inn and more like an underground cellar. The windows that should've been present, if covered with curtains, are nonexistant, and the bar proper is too covered in kegs to be of any use to sit at. Nobody's present.
Oct 28 18:42:54 <gumbal1> The dustyness Skix missed before seems to have returned, in full throttle.
Oct 28 18:43:30 <Nemi> ".. this.. is really really strange." Madeline snaps a photo, because of course she does, before she heads in proper. Any sign of the stairs up to the second floor of the inn?
Oct 28 18:44:00 <PuddleJumper> Skix heads into the inn along with the others and starts to look over the round robot seeing if its damaged and what kinda tech it had. She ripped down a curtian to carry the probe in. "Im gonna see what i can do with this."
Oct 28 18:44:00 <SavanahHolland> He hum, knocking his hand against one of the kegs to see if its hollow. "Maybe there's something inside one of these babies"
Oct 28 18:44:12 <gumbal1> There's a second floor landing that would have stairs leading up to it, if the stairs weren't completely broken.
Oct 28 18:44:42 <gumbal1> Something sloshes around inside the keg.
Oct 28 18:44:53 <Nemi> Madeline's good at avoiding that. She just lifts her head to walk up the stairs anyway, so what if they're shattered and missing.
Oct 28 18:45:03 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 18:45:03 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 5
Oct 28 18:45:04 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 5: 6:8-8+6
Oct 28 18:45:04 <FluffyBee> Margo follows Aleksa, looking at said keg! "… Perhaps I could open it?"
Oct 28 18:45:38 <SavanahHolland> "Please do, they’re liquid inside it so be careful."
Oct 28 18:45:52 <PuddleJumper> Skix sits on the floor kneeling over the round probe, tinkering with it
Oct 28 18:46:36 <gumbal1> From the looks of it, Skix, the internal electrical structure is mostly undamaged. It's just that its locomotive capabilities have been fucked like an attractive White House intern.
Oct 28 18:47:08 <FluffyBee> Margo nods, before putting the flames of her sword out and using it as a crowbar to lever the lid of the keg open! BRAWN roll?
Oct 28 18:47:18 <Nemi> Madeline thinks of a saxophone sound for some reason.
Oct 28 18:47:35 <PuddleJumper> "It still works! It just cant move. Im gonna try and see if i can fix it…anyone have a multitool or something?"
Oct 28 18:47:55 <gumbal1> The second floor landing is about six feet wide, and spans the entirety of the opposite wall and the left wall. There's about two doors at the back, and three on the side.
Oct 28 18:48:25 <Nemi> Madeline peers down the stairs, and fishes a multitool out of nowhere to toss to Skix before she wanders to the first side door, for a little peek in. This was kind of like urbex!
Oct 28 18:48:54 <gumbal1> The lid, composed of rotting wood, easily gets pried off without even a roll. The insides are filled with a shiny blue liquid.
Oct 28 18:49:05 <PuddleJumper> Skix eyes the thing, "Can you talk back probe thing?" she tries to fix its beat up casing well enough for it to move again.
Oct 28 18:49:14 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+9
Oct 28 18:49:14 <GameServ> 4d3-8+9 = 11
Oct 28 18:49:14 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 11: 8:7-8+9
Oct 28 18:49:21 <PuddleJumper> (whups wrong number)
Oct 28 18:49:27 <PuddleJumper> `calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 18:49:27 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 6
Oct 28 18:49:27 <Mjeowlnir> GameServ, = 6: 7:9-8+6
Oct 28 18:49:42 <FluffyBee> Margo, being made of a terrible durable substance, dips a finger into the substance without fear, to see just what it is!
Oct 28 18:49:56 * Mjeowlnir has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Oct 28 18:50:18 <SavanahHolland> "Heh, maybe I should drink it" he half jokes.. can he identify if there are any substances from plants inside the liquid?
Oct 28 18:50:19 <FluffyBee> (GDI Mjeolwnir)
Oct 28 18:50:49 <gumbal1> The room Madeline looks into appears to be another one of those weird carving rooms, though this one lacks any doors save the one Madeline looked through, and seems to contain mostly barrels, a few cloacks, and a thin, rusted dagger.
Oct 28 18:51:14 <gumbal1> Skix fixes the casing, though the moving parts are a bit too advanced.
Oct 28 18:51:20 <gumbal1> Margo…
Oct 28 18:51:24 <gumbal1> > MDEF, MARGO
Oct 28 18:51:45 <Nemi> Strange. Madeline snaps a photo of this carving room from outside before heading inside to examine the barrels and, most of all, the dagger.
Oct 28 18:51:49 <FluffyBee> `calc 4d3-8+2
Oct 28 18:51:50 <GameServ> 4d3-8+2 = 0
Oct 28 18:51:51 <FluffyBee> ;-;
Oct 28 18:52:04 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 18:52:04 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 4
Oct 28 18:52:19 <PuddleJumper> Skix puts the probe down on the ground. "Try to move, see if that worked. You still look pretty beat up but that might have helped."
Oct 28 18:53:22 <gumbal1> …nothing happens? What…what where you doing, Margo?
Oct 28 18:53:50 <SavanahHolland> "You okay kiddo?" he asks to Margo, looking kinda worried.
Oct 28 18:54:57 <gumbal1> The barrels are full of various bullshit. Salt beef, stale bread, old, smelly robes, cured pieces of…sausage? The dagger is a dagger. Maybe a bit heavier than it should be.
Oct 28 18:55:11 <FluffyBee> Margo blinks, before pulling her finger out and tapping her chin. "Hm… Odd. What should we do now, then?"
Oct 28 18:55:17 <gumbal1> The probe doesn’t move.
Oct 28 18:55:40 <FluffyBee> Margo nods- "… I am not a child. I am, possibly, the oldest living thing here." Living is a losse term, really, Margo…
Oct 28 18:56:05 <Nemi> Weird. Madeline takes the dagger and … tries to unscrew the pommel, on a lark, as she heads to the next door down.
Oct 28 18:56:19 <SavanahHolland> He shrugs, picking up the thing of weird blue liquid, accidentally getting some on his thumb as he sets it back. "Uh.. I mean like, is an endearing term.. uh sorry" he wilts a bit.
Oct 28 18:56:48 <gumbal1> > MDEF, ALEKSA
Oct 28 18:56:54 <FluffyBee> "… I see. I apologize for my… Harshness. I am still getting used to these new words."
Oct 28 18:57:27 <PuddleJumper> Skix shrugged and wrapped it up in the torn curtian and heaved it up on her back. "I'll just have to carry you then wont i. At least you arnt busted all the way. C'mon!" She heaves the thing onto her back and goes to catch up with the others sniffing and keeping an eye out for danger. "Couldent get the motivator working, its to damaged for me to fix. Mind if i hold onto the multitool till we are done? Never
Oct 28 18:57:27 <PuddleJumper> know if im gonna need it again."
Oct 28 18:57:58 <SavanahHolland> 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 18:58:08 <SavanahHolland> ‘calc 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 18:58:09 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 4
Oct 28 18:58:13 <Nemi> Madeline is upstairs, past the broken stairs. How’d she get up there anyway? She peers down momentarily with a, "Oh- I just made that one! It's okay!"
Oct 28 18:58:33 <gumbal1> Madeline finds what looks to be a side room, crudely dug out from the rock. A pickaxe, along with a mining helmet and paper stack sit at the end.
Oct 28 18:58:49 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 18:58:49 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 6
Oct 28 18:59:12 <gumbal1> …Aleksa, what where you just doing? Nothing really seems to have happened, it’s just…ah, well.
Oct 28 18:59:58 <PuddleJumper> Skix eyes the paper and pickaxe reading it over Madeline's shoulder. "Made it? Huh…handy. Whatcha find?"
Oct 28 18:59:59 <Nemi> Madeline will sort through the paper stack out of curiosity before moving on to the next room. Just one more on this side, before the two at the end of the hall.
Oct 28 19:00:03 <SavanahHolland> He wrinkles his nose, staring at Margo blankly "uh.. oh yeah, it's alright." he nods, also no plant stuff in the blue juice?
Oct 28 19:00:07 <gumbal1> *sack
Oct 28 19:00:31 <gumbal1> There's no plant matter at all in the blue juice, aside from the occasional wood chip.
Oct 28 19:00:44 <FluffyBee> Margo heads up after Mads, more or less to make sure nobody remains alone for terribly long!
Oct 28 19:00:48 <Nemi> Madeline is upstairs. The stairs are out. Though Skix probably climbed.. "Um.. I dunno. Nothing really. It's just weird."
Oct 28 19:01:00 <Nemi> Madeline will check inside the sack!
Oct 28 19:01:58 <FluffyBee> In that case, Margo will SKULK AT THE STAIRS until they feel bad and decide to fix themselves! She could, of course, just summon stairs, but she hadn't thought of that.
Oct 28 19:02:02 <SavanahHolland> "Bah.. this stuff is weird.." he sighs, rubbing his forehead as he slowly moves to try to join everyone else.. only to be cut short since he's too big to climb that easily. "Uh guuuuys?"
Oct 28 19:02:06 <gumbal1> The sack contains a few carrots that are currently growing a few tiny white nubs, a twinkie you could probably kill someone with if you hit them hard enough, and what was probably a pear at one point.
Oct 28 19:02:54 <Nemi> Madeline will.. ignore the sack, then, and return to the hallway. She follows Aleksa's voice and crouches down, dagger and camera disappearing, to reeeach down and offer her hand so she can tug him up. She's freakishly strong for her size.
Oct 28 19:03:31 <PuddleJumper> Skix spotted Margo and Aleksa at the bottom of the busted stairs, She held onto the top with her tail and a claw and reached down to help up anyone else who wasent quite so good a climber.
Oct 28 19:03:50 <SavanahHolland> She lifts Aleksa with ease! Once he has her up he nabs Margo and pulls her up as well! "Thanks girlie" he chuckles to Madeline and Skix.
Oct 28 19:04:31 <PuddleJumper> Skix nods looking around. "We have the probe…how much longer should we poke around before trying to head back? I dont wanna get got by a ghost."
Oct 28 19:04:44 <FluffyBee> "… What is it?" Margo returns to Aleksa!
Oct 28 19:05:31 <SavanahHolland> "I mean, I dunno, might be a similar puzzle to what we did with the flowers?"
Oct 28 19:05:41 <SavanahHolland> "Downstairs there was weird blue liquid in the kegs.."
Oct 28 19:05:59 <FluffyBee> "…" Margo squints, thinking. "… I see."
Oct 28 19:05:59 <PuddleJumper> "There was a pickaxe and stuff…think we should try to bust through the wall? There dosent seem to be alot of rhyme or reason to this place…we keep seein all these old signs and stuff that people were here."
Oct 28 19:06:52 <Nemi> "Sure! And um.. I dunno.." Madeline scurries back to the corridor to check the last side door.
Oct 28 19:07:20 <SavanahHolland> "Heh, doesn't sound like a bad idea." he shrugs, following Madeline and dragging Margo the mango along!
Oct 28 19:08:04 <gumbal1> The side door Madeline opens leads into a small broom closet, with a few old cleaning supplies and the hooded man from earlier, staring down the party.
Oct 28 19:08:47 <Nemi> Madeline blinks. And holds up her camera to snap a picture. "Errr.. Hi!"
Oct 28 19:09:41 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa sweats, lightly picking up the lil Madeline and taking a step back, don't wanna get body slammed!
Oct 28 19:09:50 <Nemi> Madeline meeps!
Oct 28 19:10:07 <PuddleJumper> Skix had been pacing clearly bothered that her mention of maybe leaving now that they got what they came for was ignored. "Guys…can we maybe start to head back to the AHHH!" She jumped back when she saw the hooded figure nearly falling from the busted stairs leaving claw marks down the wall.
Oct 28 19:12:13 <FluffyBee> Margo remains placant as she awaits instructions.
Oct 28 19:13:18 <gumbal1> The hooded man doesn't say anything. The picture develops into…something entirely different. Madeline, listening to music on a bench in the foreground, while Katlyn and…Moby White make out around the corner, out of sight.
Oct 28 19:14:14 <SavanahHolland> He sets the sweet gal off to the side, trying to grab at the hoodied figure's collar.
Oct 28 19:14:36 <gumbal1> The hooded figure is grabbed. Still, it says nothing.
Oct 28 19:15:05 <SavanahHolland> He gingerly unhoods this asshole
Oct 28 19:15:10 <Nemi> Madeline stares at the photograph, and suddenly begins to cry.
Oct 28 19:15:38 <gumbal1> Something very deep inside you asks if you want to do that, Aleksa.
Oct 28 19:15:39 <FluffyBee> The statue girl turns at the sound of crying, and returns to the stairway! Can she roll to create new stairs with her Geomancy?
Oct 28 19:15:46 <gumbal1> > yee
Oct 28 19:16:05 <PuddleJumper> Skix recovering from her shock slowly moved up to where Madeline is looking ready to attack the hooded thing.
Oct 28 19:16:23 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 19:16:23 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 3
Oct 28 19:16:24 <FluffyBee> Geomancy
Oct 28 19:16:50 <gumbal1> The stairs you create are flimsy, and will probably break after their first use. At least, by someone of your weight.
Oct 28 19:17:05 <SavanahHolland> Does he want to do that..? YES
Oct 28 19:17:36 <FluffyBee> Margo ascends them carefully, trying to make her way to Madeline! She banishes the stairs, after, as to not injur anyone.
Oct 28 19:19:05 <PuddleJumper> "Madeline! Whats going on? What should we do next?"
Oct 28 19:19:55 <gumbal1> The hood lowers, to reveal…well, Madeline, teary-eyed, shaking, almost…blurry around the edges.
Oct 28 19:20:27 <gumbal1> "…p-please just…I’ve been here t-to long, j-just let me go."
Oct 28 19:20:49 <SavanahHolland> He lets go, stumbling back as he crashes down to the ground, looking a little freaked out as his chest starts to hurt. Wide eyes, terrified.
Oct 28 19:20:50 <Nemi> Madeline takes a moment to try to breathe and pull herself together, and swivels to regard her doppelganger. ".. wh- what?"
Oct 28 19:20:56 <gumbal1> The sound of a keg falling over can be heard from downstairs, along with the spilling of a viscous liquid.
Oct 28 19:22:18 <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffs to see if she can tell the diffrence between the two Madeline's
Oct 28 19:22:20 <gumbal1> "…please, I…oh god, don't hurt me." It'd be screaming, if Madeline had the energy for it.
Oct 28 19:22:31 <gumbal1> > Roll
Oct 28 19:22:39 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+9
Oct 28 19:22:39 <GameServ> 4d3-8+9 = 12
Oct 28 19:23:25 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa twitches, curling up. Too much stress, deep breaths.. more of the type that’d cause you to hyperventilate.. haah he didn't pay much attention in health class.
Oct 28 19:23:28 <Nemi> ".. no no no it's okay, don't worry, just.. okay, okay, we need to find a- a way out. I don't want to be here anymore," the other, teary-eyed Madeline says.
Oct 28 19:23:31 <gumbal1> The big difference? The hooded Madeline exists far less than the Madeline before you. Then again, she hasn't really been all that good at existing since…August, July? Has she?
Oct 28 19:25:00 <PuddleJumper> Skix grabbs Aleksa by his coller and pulls him up giving him a slap. "Pull it together! You can fall apart once this is over with!" "Madeline what is it and what are we doing with it?"
Oct 28 19:25:01 <gumbal1> "…just…really? But…prove to me you're real. That you're…me. Just…put me to sleep, please."
Oct 28 19:26:43 <SavanahHolland> He screams at the slap, falling down and curling up once more, tearing up as his hands go to cover his ears.
Oct 28 19:26:59 <FluffyBee> (SORRY I GOT DISTRACTED)
Oct 28 19:27:08 <FluffyBee> Did Margo manage to make her way up to Real!Mads?
Oct 28 19:27:19 <Nemi> ".. okay. Okay.." Madeline worries. Could this have been.. She knows Leah did something.. She puts a hand out, and tries to put the Other Madeline to sleep.
Oct 28 19:27:20 <gumbal1> > She did
Oct 28 19:27:42 <gumbal1> And with that, the other Madeline is gently, softly put to rest…
Oct 28 19:28:06 <FluffyBee> Woo!
Oct 28 19:28:33 <Nemi> Madeline tries to catch Other Madeline, to ease her down and .. carry her, even. She's not sure what else to do. The other doors don't have anything she wants anymore.
Oct 28 19:28:53 <gumbal1> …and in her sleep, she grins. Rather wide. Whether or not Madeline was ever capable of such a wide grin is irrelevant, because there was little reason to believe she would ever grin in the first place, given their current circumstances.
Oct 28 19:29:09 <gumbal1> You…
Oct 28 19:29:11 <Nemi> Madeline's never grinned. Not in a long while.
Oct 28 19:29:18 <gumbal1> …are such idiots.
Oct 28 19:29:22 <Nemi> Yes. Yes she is.
Oct 28 19:29:36 <gumbal1> > ROLL INITIATIVE
Oct 28 19:29:39 <PuddleJumper> Skix shakes her head shivering. She eyes Aleksa on the floor and hefts the probe on her shoulder. "Get UP!"
Oct 28 19:29:59 <Nemi> 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 19:30:03 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+7
Oct 28 19:30:03 <GameServ> 4d3-8+7 = 5
Oct 28 19:30:07 <Nemi> `calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 19:30:07 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 3
Oct 28 19:30:08 <SavanahHolland> He shivers, sobbing "st- stop it.." he whimpers as he’s yelled at by Skix.
Oct 28 19:30:14 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+11
Oct 28 19:30:14 <GameServ> 4d3-8+11 = 11
Oct 28 19:30:22 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 19:30:22 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 5
Oct 28 19:34:01 <SavanahHolland> `calc 4d3-8+1
Oct 28 19:34:02 <GameServ> 4d3-8+1 = 1
Oct 28 19:36:14 <gumbal1> > TURN ORDER: DIANE SLEEP EXPERIMENT, SKIX, ???, MADELINE, ALEKSA
Oct 28 19:36:32 <gumbal1> > DIANE SLEEP EXPERIMENT
Oct 28 19:37:16 <FluffyBee> `calc 4d3-8+3 (CRUD I’M SORRY BLAH)
Oct 28 19:37:20 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 19:37:21 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 4
Oct 28 19:37:31 <FluffyBee> Initiative (+4 if Reflexes is allowed)
Oct 28 19:38:06 <gumbal1> > MARGO AFTER DSE
Oct 28 19:38:30 <PuddleJumper> after Skix you mean)
Oct 28 19:38:46 <gumbal1> The fake Madeline floats to the center of the ’pub', still grining. Raising her hands, holes in the fabric of space begin opening, and out pours a substance that Madeline would be intimately familiar with: tainted dreamstuff.
Oct 28 19:38:51 <gumbal1> (+4 from init)
Oct 28 19:38:51 <Nemi> Non, with Reflexes Margo is right after DSE.
Oct 28 19:38:57 <gumbal1> > MARGO
Oct 28 19:39:08 <PuddleJumper> (gotcha)
Oct 28 19:39:15 <Nemi> ".. oh no.. it's- I made this before, once, when I was.. really bad.."
Oct 28 19:40:04 <PuddleJumper> Skix crouches ready to strike. "What do we do?" She eyes Aleksa on the floor and the swirling mist.
Oct 28 19:40:54 <FluffyBee> Margo turns her attention to DSE, and strikes an attack-initiation almost instantly- She drags her sword through the air, as it pulls shadowy whisps from the ground around her! Margo swings her blade and lets loose a volly of unholy, blasting fire!
Oct 28 19:40:59 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 19:40:59 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 5
Oct 28 19:41:13 <Nemi> "I- I don’t know I'll try to- try to wake me up-" Can't wake up. ".. and- get me out of the dark."
Oct 28 19:41:35 <gumbal1> And with that, DSE disappates into a cloud of black smoke…only to seemingly reform anew.
Oct 28 19:41:37 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Oct 28 19:42:28 <PuddleJumper> Skix flexes her claws. She hoped She wasent losing it as well…Well…she hoped that thing really existed, She launched herself from the stirs slashing with her claws at the thing
Oct 28 19:42:45 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+10
Oct 28 19:42:45 <GameServ> 4d3-8+10 = 10
Oct 28 19:42:53 <PuddleJumper> *stairs
Oct 28 19:43:07 <gumbal1> Skix flies right through, a numbing feeling the only sign to indicate she had even come in contact with anything.
Oct 28 19:43:11 <gumbal1> > ???
Oct 28 19:43:54 <gumbal1> Earlier, the keg had fallen off the counter, spilling its viscous blue liquid out onto the floor. Now, the liquid seems to be collecting, into a vaguely humanoid form.
Oct 28 19:43:57 <gumbal1> > MADELINE
Oct 28 19:44:43 <Nemi> Madeline is a dreamweaver. A talented, if not well-honed one. But moreover she was a dream creature herself, a projection of something else. And she can feel the tainted dreamstuff.. Not nightmare, but something else. She can manipulate that, though she’s afraid to- so instead, she steps forward, to stand across from her doppelganger, and tries to..
Oct 28 19:44:45 <Nemi> Wake up.
Oct 28 19:46:38 <gumbal1> And so the doppleganger opens her eyes. Madeline's big brown eyes aren't there. It doesn't even have an iris. All that's looking back at you are two extremely bloodshot eye-whites with pinpoint puplis, perhaps not even enough to push the head of a pin through. "This was too easy."
Oct 28 19:46:43 <gumbal1> > Aleksa
Oct 28 19:48:37 <SavanahHolland> He stumbles up, snot bubbling up in his nose as he rubs his eyes from tears, the white of his eyes red from sobbing, his hand shaking as he grabs some seeds.. throwing them at the strange not madeline, if the roll works- they uncoil into viney strands covered in thorns.
Oct 28 19:48:48 <SavanahHolland> ‘calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 19:48:48 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 3
Oct 28 19:49:24 <gumbal1> The strands pass through the doppleganger.
Oct 28 19:49:32 <gumbal1> > DIANE SLEEP EXPERIMENT
Oct 28 19:51:49 <gumbal1> "Look on the bright side." Globs of tainted dreamstuff begin coalescing. "When I purge your disgusting, subhuman noodles of any semblance of sentience, your bodies aren’t gonna go to waste." The clouds collect, and solidify, into a thousand tiny needles.
Oct 28 19:51:53 <gumbal1> > MDEF, ALL
Oct 28 19:52:02 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+2
Oct 28 19:52:02 <GameServ> 4d3-8+2 = 2
Oct 28 19:52:06 <FluffyBee> (Margo not smort)
Oct 28 19:52:36 <SavanahHolland> `calc 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 19:52:36 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 4
Oct 28 19:52:39 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+11
Oct 28 19:52:39 <GameServ> 4d3-8+11 = 12
Oct 28 19:52:40 <Nemi> `calc 4d3-8+0
Oct 28 19:52:40 <GameServ> 4d3-8+0 = 1
Oct 28 19:52:44 <Nemi> `calc 4d3-8+9 oops
Oct 28 19:52:46 <Nemi> `calc 4d3-8+9
Oct 28 19:52:46 <GameServ> 4d3-8+9 = 10
Oct 28 19:53:48 <PuddleJumper> Skix pops a packet of pixie dust.
Oct 28 19:53:53 <PuddleJumper> `calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 19:53:54 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 2
Oct 28 19:55:32 <gumbal1> A storm of needles overtakes the room. You see nothing through the clouds but needles, needles, needles. You feel nothing as they pierce into your skin, and yet your mind is on fire, your soul controting. (-5 PSYCHE MARGO, -4 PSYCHE ALEKSA, -5 PSYCHE SKIX, -3 MOVEMENT PENALTY FOR DURATION OF BATTLE)
Oct 28 19:55:36 <gumbal1> > MAGOR
Oct 28 19:56:07 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa just.. screams, screaming and screaming and screaming.
Oct 28 19:56:20 <gumbal1> (-1 psyche to mads as well, and a -1 penalty to movement)
Oct 28 19:56:53 <FluffyBee> Margo’s down to 1PSYCHE! She tries to recover, and make yet another move!
Oct 28 19:57:53 <Nemi> Oh no..!
Oct 28 19:58:57 <FluffyBee> She swings her blade in a bout of repetant fury in, well… Any direction that /isn't/ her team, and her sword belches forth a veil-like wave of choking, soulblazing ash, the Shades inside the weapon screaming in their own little torment as they're burned for fuel.
Oct 28 19:59:00 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 19:59:00 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 4
Oct 28 20:00:22 <gumbal1> The needles disappate, back into tainted dreammatter. DSE also disippates, but is soon back to normal. "…oh, man! Delicious! Say, where do you get that? After I eat you and your pathetic friend, I gotta stop by the place you’re getting this stuff from."
Oct 28 20:00:26 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Oct 28 20:02:46 <PuddleJumper> Skix looks totally panic'd She had never run from a fightin her life…but after having her mind wracked like that it was clear she couldent contend with this thing. She made a run for the door
Oct 28 20:03:07 <gumbal1> > AGILITY+REFLEXES
Oct 28 20:03:30 <PuddleJumper> (-3 still or no?)
Oct 28 20:04:10 <gumbal1> > yee
Oct 28 20:04:32 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 20:04:32 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 6
Oct 28 20:04:52 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 20:04:53 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 7
Oct 28 20:06:15 <gumbal1> And just as Skix reaches the door, a sudden wall of stone blocks it off. "My, my, little child is learning fast! I’m sorry you couldn't leave. We still have so much to talk about, like what I'm going to do to Quiln once I kill you."
Oct 28 20:06:23 <gumbal1> > GLOB OF BLUE
Oct 28 20:08:16 <gumbal1> The blog begins wiggling, and suddenly, the wooden interior of the inn begins growing with beautiful, beautiful vines…growing too fast, come to think of it.
Oct 28 20:08:50 <gumbal1> > AGILITY OR PDEF, ANYONE NEAR THE BAR, NEAR THE WALLS, OR ON THE SECOND FLOOR LANDING
Oct 28 20:09:46 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+11
Oct 28 20:09:46 <GameServ> 4d3-8+11 = 13
Oct 28 20:10:36 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 20:10:37 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 5
Oct 28 20:11:36 <gumbal1> Thick spines burst from the vines, but Skix’s hide is far too thick for any significant damage. Hurts like a bitch, though.
Oct 28 20:11:37 <PuddleJumper> Skix looks wild eyed' a trapped animal. She snarled trying to defend herself. How did it know Quiln!? She was gonna die down here for a stupid piece of junk…why did she do this to herself?
Oct 28 20:11:44 <gumbal1> > MADELINE
Oct 28 20:12:08 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+3
Oct 28 20:12:08 <GameServ> 4d3-8+3 = 1
Oct 28 20:12:09 <SavanahHolland> (hold on)
Oct 28 20:12:09 <FluffyBee> PDEF
Oct 28 20:12:21 <SavanahHolland> `calc 4d3-8+8
Oct 28 20:12:21 <GameServ> 4d3-8+8 = 6
Oct 28 20:12:28 <SavanahHolland> physical defense, at the stair landing
Oct 28 20:13:00 <FluffyBee> (Oh wait ignore that, Margo’s by Mads)
Oct 28 20:13:01 <Nemi> Madeline's seeing how badly this is all affecting her friends. It's alarming. Upsetting. Everything is spiralling out of control and it's all her fault. But what can she do? She's afraid to try to reach into the dream, to bring them to safety down here.. All there is to do is try to steal control of the dreamstuff from her doppelganger. To cut it off from its source of power. To
Oct 28 20:13:01 <Nemi> make it, and the tainted dream, Hers.
Oct 28 20:13:04 <gumbal1> When plant matter grows into a rock, it begins eroding the structure. Margo finds this process happening far too quickly for her liking (-4 phealth)
Oct 28 20:13:09 <Nemi> "You're mine," Mads whispers.
Oct 28 20:14:48 <Nemi> Dreamweaving?
Oct 28 20:14:55 <gumbal1> > yee
Oct 28 20:15:06 <Nemi> ‘calc 4d3-8+13
Oct 28 20:15:06 <GameServ> 4d3-8+13 = 12
Oct 28 20:15:14 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+11
Oct 28 20:15:14 <GameServ> 4d3-8+11 = 13
Oct 28 20:15:22 <Nemi> Welp.
Oct 28 20:18:49 <gumbal1> "Is that what you said to Katlyn, too?" The dreammatter remains unpurified. "And ask yourself this: with those two words, how many nights where Katlyn lies, silently moaning, in someone else’s bed, do you think you've earned? How much sleeplessness have you reaped from those thoughts? How many of your friends smile to you, nod when you tell them Katlyn belongs to you, knowing that they've already fucked her, and will continue to do so long bef
Oct 28 20:18:49 <gumbal1> ore your corpse grows cold?"
Oct 28 20:18:59 <gumbal1> > Aleksa
Oct 28 20:19:57 <Nemi> ".. no. She told me I was /hers/."
Oct 28 20:20:19 <Nemi> Madeline's crying nonetheless.
Oct 28 20:21:04 <SavanahHolland> He can't.. think straight, he would puke.. but not much left in that big ole stomach of his.. taking a deep breath, sucking in a breath of air. No.. he needs to focus on helping.. his friends, Madeline.. it's making her cry. His fist clenches, running towards the strange creture that looks just like her to fucking punch it in the throat.
Oct 28 20:21:13 <SavanahHolland> ‘calc 4d3-8+8
Oct 28 20:21:13 <GameServ> 4d3-8+8 = 7
Oct 28 20:22:31 <gumbal1> His fist goes right through. "Idiot. Scream all you want. Strike me with all your rage. I feed off your impotent anger, your pathetic melancholy."
Oct 28 20:22:42 <gumbal1> > DIANE SLEEP EXPERIMENT
Oct 28 20:22:55 <Nemi> "Oh.. It’s a Remnant.."
Oct 28 20:23:23 <gumbal1> DSE takes a moment to take a whiff of everything…and seemingly grows a few inches taller.
Oct 28 20:23:29 <SavanahHolland> He stumbles back as he phases right through "fuck.fuck.fuck"
Oct 28 20:23:38 <gumbal1> > DSE HAS INCREASED IN POWER
Oct 28 20:23:48 <gumbal1> > MARGO
Oct 28 20:26:10 <FluffyBee> Margo finds her serenity as she prepares her blade for melee. She remains calm, recalling her centuries of tempering and training as she charges DSE without expression or words. A sleeve of gaseous, flickering flame coats it as she swings, spectral hands grasping at DSE in agony, trying to drag her into the blade with them… And Margo remains at peace with herself and her purpose, in an attempt to use DSE's own strength ag
Oct 28 20:26:20 <FluffyBee> And Margo remains at peace with herself and her purpose, in an attempt to use DSE's own strength against it. (In case of cutoff)
Oct 28 20:26:32 <FluffyBee> ‘calc 4d3-8+10
Oct 28 20:26:32 <GameServ> 4d3-8+10 = 12
Oct 28 20:26:41 <FluffyBee> (MELEE + Blade Of Sin)
Oct 28 20:26:53 <gumbal1> > Elaborate on her emotional state.
Oct 28 20:27:37 <FluffyBee> (Essentially, she’s finding peace in combat, and remaining rational and calm, in terms of her emotional state. There's little to really use against her, in terms of her past.)
Oct 28 20:28:16 <gumbal1> ‘calc 4d3-8+12
Oct 28 20:28:17 <GameServ> 4d3-8+12 = 10
Oct 28 20:29:06 <gumbal1> And with that, DSE, perfectly content to just stand in the way, suddenly finds itself sucked into the blade with a scream.
Oct 28 20:29:24 <gumbal1> The blob remains, though it’s moving far more jittery than before.
Oct 28 20:29:26 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Oct 28 20:30:51 <PuddleJumper> Skix sees the remnent, like the one that destroyed her mind before sucked into the blade. She almost couldent believe it! She was gonna live! Hope flaired in her heart and she lunged for the Blob with all the strength she could muster
Oct 28 20:31:08 <PuddleJumper> ‘calc 4d3-8+11
Oct 28 20:31:08 <GameServ> 4d3-8+11 = 11
Oct 28 20:31:19 <gumbal1> And the blob is struck down, bursting into a thousand pieces!
Oct 28 20:31:31 <gumbal1> > COMBAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWAIT?
Oct 28 20:31:48 <gumbal1> …and, like many a blob, it immediately reforms.
Oct 28 20:31:52 <gumbal1> > BLOB
Oct 28 20:33:58 <gumbal1> The blob stares at Skix without any eyes…then charges.
Oct 28 20:34:04 <gumbal1> > AGILITY
Oct 28 20:34:42 <PuddleJumper> `calc 4d3-8+4
Oct 28 20:34:42 <GameServ> 4d3-8+4 = 4
Oct 28 20:35:17 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+6
Oct 28 20:35:17 <GameServ> 4d3-8+6 = 6
Oct 28 20:35:54 <gumbal1> …and tackles right into Skix. You feel…wait, what was happening, again?
Oct 28 20:35:57 <gumbal1> > MADELINE
Oct 28 20:36:11 <Nemi> And Madeline, again, does her best to try to purify the Dream. To make its powersource her own- to feed it positivity, joy, wonder, all those things she cannot hold herself and so pushes away. To cleanse it, to keep the taint and raw negativity from empowering or bringing MORE remnants to the area.
Oct 28 20:36:19 <Nemi> She’s not yet aware of Skix's predicament.
Oct 28 20:36:24 <Nemi> ‘calc 4d3-8+13
Oct 28 20:36:24 <GameServ> 4d3-8+13 = 14
Oct 28 20:37:14 <gumbal1> `calc 4d3-8+12
Oct 28 20:37:14 <GameServ> 4d3-8+12 = 13
Oct 28 20:37:21 <gumbal1> …and she succeeds.
Oct 28 20:37:26 <gumbal1> > ALEKSA
Oct 28 20:37:59 <SavanahHolland> He takes a deep breath, in- out, in- out. Running over and grabbing at Skix’s leg to try to pull her away from the blobby blobb
Oct 28 20:38:02 <SavanahHolland> What does he roll?
Oct 28 20:38:17 <gumbal1> > Agility and strength, probably
Oct 28 20:38:47 <SavanahHolland> (agility or strength you mean.. how do both?)
Oct 28 20:39:04 <gumbal1> > *or
Oct 28 20:39:26 <Nemi> Madeline, wreathed in purified dreamstuff, sighs in relief.
Oct 28 20:40:00 <SavanahHolland> ‘calc 4d3-8+8
Oct 28 20:40:00 <GameServ> 4d3-8+8 = 9
Oct 28 20:40:03 <SavanahHolland> Brute Strength!
Oct 28 20:42:27 <gumbal1> He pulls Skix away rather easily.
Oct 28 20:42:31 <gumbal1> > Margo
Oct 28 20:43:24 <FluffyBee> MARGO!
Oct 28 20:43:46 <FluffyBee> Can she make it back down the stairs, to join in the fight there?
Oct 28 20:44:12 <gumbal1> The stairs are broken, they were one use. She can jump down, though.
Oct 28 20:44:22 <FluffyBee> She’ll do that! Roll?
Oct 28 20:46:10 <gumbal1> > nah
Oct 28 20:46:37 <FluffyBee> Margo jumps down the stairs, then, and attempts to join in GLORIOUS COMBAT! Has that taken her turn, or is she able to identify and attack?
Oct 28 20:48:08 <gumbal1> > Probably taken her turn tbh
Oct 28 20:48:10 <gumbal1> > SKIX
Oct 28 20:48:21 <FluffyBee> Okee!
Oct 28 20:56:53 <PuddleJumper> Skix after seeing her hopes dashed runs and tries to hide
Oct 28 20:57:00 <PuddleJumper> (passing)
Oct 28 20:57:16 <gumbal1> > So be it
Oct 28 20:57:45 <gumbal1> > BLOB
Oct 28 20:58:09 <gumbal1> And with that, the blob rears once more to attack…only for the wall blocking the door to vanish as it tries rushing away.
Oct 28 21:01:06 <gumbal1> > COMBAT ENDED
Oct 28 21:01:39 <FluffyBee> Margo relaxes her posture slightly, peering around- "… Is everyone well? Are you all uninjured?"
Oct 28 21:01:44 <Nemi> Madeline steps. And is downstairs again. With the conduit to a purified dreamscape at her command, it should be easy to just.. get out, right? Would that even be safe to do? She looks around at her friends, a frown on her face as she realizes she failed them.
Oct 28 21:02:16 <PuddleJumper> Skix clutched the probe in the torn curtians she was shivering and unable to speak, she cowared on the ground looking around wildly.
Oct 28 21:03:10 <FluffyBee> Statue-girl approaches Skix, and kneels, looking her over silently.
Oct 28 21:03:37 <PuddleJumper> Skix shivers looking about ready to break. "I wanna go home now…"
Oct 28 21:04:19 <SavanahHolland> Aleksa just.. falls down, curling into a ball, no more tears, his eyes dry and red, shivering.. he didn't wanna fight.
Oct 28 21:05:12 <Nemi> Madeline tries to gather everyone close. "I know.. I know I'm- gonna try to take us home, okay?"
Oct 28 21:06:14 <SavanahHolland> "I- I promised the flowers.. I'd help them.. we can help them right..?" he mumbles softly.
Oct 28 21:06:31 <FluffyBee> Margo straightens up, and speaks clear, in a bolstering tone! "Show no fear! We have yet to get out of this nightmare place, and we must strengthen our resolve until we can do so!" Margo chill, you're not even a level 1 Bard.
Oct 28 21:06:40 <Nemi> ".. I don't know. I don't know." And Madeline tries to open a rift to the Dream, to shunt them back to the Sanctum.
Oct 28 21:06:45 <PuddleJumper> Skix nods clutching at Margo and Madeline looking past them and around, waiting for the blob to return and end her, some unforseen force to reach down and destroy her. Her eyes went wide
Oct 28 21:07:17 <FluffyBee> Margo takes Skix's hand to calm her!
Oct 28 21:07:22 <PuddleJumper> She breathed deep clutching at anything to ground her. "Home home home." she mumbled as she closed her eyes and tried not to panic
Oct 28 21:08:07 <gumbal1> It takes far too much energy, but eventually, you're back.
Oct 28 21:08:11 <gumbal1> ~RUN ENDED~
Oct 28 21:08:17 <gumbal1> ~2 XP~
Oct 28 21:08:22 <gumbal1> ~$100~
Oct 28 21:09:03 <gumbal1> ~"So," Bolton put down their flashlight. "Gaudet? What about you?"~

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License