Clarence Westwood

Jun 04 17:05:17 <gumbal1> -THE JUST GET ANGRY WHEN YOU SHOOT THEM-
Jun 04 17:08:03 <gumbal1> «Students who want to earn a day off from classes during the next semester may apply for an extracurricular mission in the briefing room. Danger may apply.»
Jun 04 17:09:13 <UltimixRed> Maya rolls her eyes, that is the most MISLEADING announcement ever, she's going to chew someone's ear off later. Packing a revolver, Ak-47 and their trusty twin berettas into their jacket, and strapping the brand spanking new cutlass to their side to head to the briefing room.
Jun 04 17:09:14 <DarnellJermaine> Omi, more curious about getting to test his strength than worried about skipping classes, picks himself up off his bed and waddles on over to the briefing room. It's been a while since he's gotten to really work himself at peak performance anyways.
Jun 04 17:11:13 <Jo‘> Marie sighed and went to collect her shield braclet, some cigars, a little elm. The day off was not that important but she knew other students would rush into the chance of having some free time and would likely get themselves killed knowing the extracurriculars at this school. It was best she go to try and keep them alive. She would head off to the briefing room once she had her
Jun 04 17:11:13 <Jo`> long coat on and the small messanger bag packed and slung over her shoulder.
Jun 04 17:11:51 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael sighs. It’s about what he expected, danger and probably iminent death. He sent a text to someone important, grabbed his gear, and headed to the briefing room.
Jun 04 17:12:10 <Silvors> Veshara blinked a few dozen times between her eleven eyes as she floated down the hall, fresh from visiting a certain somefae. The girl thought for a moment before grinning and going to float a bit faster towards the briefing room, making a quick stop in her room beforehand. A day out of school seemed enticing. Sure, she probably needed to attend those things, but they were dumb. So that's why the grey-skinned girl with
Jun 04 17:12:10 <Silvors> eleven eyes arrived in the room. Her main eye was currently closed because opening it took more effort.
Jun 04 17:12:54 * Lena (ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|spoo#ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|spoo) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 17:13:11 <gumbal1> A somewhat tired looking intern, along with a cheerful-looking lawyer type, are in the briefing room as everyone arrives. Along with the usual files, there's some nifty-looking legal documents absolving the school of any sort of legal blame following the death of a student. Looks like the Floyd thing never exactly worked out.
Jun 04 17:14:22 <UltimixRed> Maya scowls "Wow, you sure have that Canadian hospitality down pat. Accept that you got a kid killed for fuck's sake, what do we need to do." she was in no mood for something idiotic like bureaucracy.
Jun 04 17:15:10 <DarnellJermaine> "Excuse me" Omi says with a curt bow before entering into the room proper and taking a seat, "This mission will involve combat of some sort, yes? Not just some silly retrieval or running around pretending to harm people" Omi has yet to hear about the Floyd thing, but once he hears what Maya says, he quickly quiets down and ceases speaking. Death was a very serious thing, and his speech must've come off crass because of that. "Is
Jun 04 17:15:10 <DarnellJermaine> this true? The school let someone here die?"
Jun 04 17:15:53 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looked around, glad to see maya and marie, and a little nervous to see veshera. He waits to hear what these people had to say.
Jun 04 17:16:25 <Silvors> Veshara just blinked, she hadn't heard of the Floyd thing either, but she also didn't really care. So what if some bloke died? People die all the time. Death doesn't matter. "I'll get to use my death ray?" That makes the girl give a massive smile.
Jun 04 17:17:56 <gumbal1> "…yes. Let's get that out of the way first." The intern just sort of coughs, while the suit monkey smiles on. "During a previous mission, one of our students…died. We are legally required to inform you that the optional mission you are undertaking may carry the possibility of death with it. Granted, it's a rather…small possibility. But we have to tell you regardless. Now, er…" Intern blinks, before sliding some files towards the group.
Jun 04 17:17:56 <gumbal1> "There's…a bit of trouble, with regards to a town in Nevada known as Sandstone."
Jun 04 17:19:05 <DarnellJermaine> "If there is a chance anyone here could die, it is my duty as the future grandmaster of the temple to protect them" that said unbeknownst to Omi, all of the people gathered here were just as capable as him, if not more so. "What is this trouble you speak of?"
Jun 04 17:19:46 * Jo‘ nodded to Michael, the only one of the group she really knew. She met Veshara only briefly. She glanced over the files and listened as the intern spoke.
Jun 04 17:20:20 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nodded. It was progress, even if not much. "What kind of trouble?" he asks simply
Jun 04 17:20:30 <UltimixRed> "Small possibility huh. Great, this isn’t some fucking field trip, we're essentially being mercenaries.We're doing it, but don't try sugarcoating it, if you need something sweet than bite my candy ass." Maya says, keeping their hand on a cutlass.
Jun 04 17:21:45 * Lena is now known as Lena|bbiab
Jun 04 17:22:30 <gumbal1> "Sandstone should be…empty, all things considered. That it's not is…troubling. Currently it's, well, designated as a landmark…location." The files, as usually, are mostly maps of the area. Some of them seem to be images of blurry…birds? You're not all that sure. "The, er, Nevada Preservation Society, one of those, uh, 'alternate governments' that started popping up after, uh…'Piggate II', reported odd tracks on the ground and well, c
Jun 04 17:22:30 <gumbal1> onversations that should't have been happening. We, uh…want you to find out what it is and, well…stop it, if possible."
Jun 04 17:23:25 <Inebriated_Lobster> "What's with the birds? why are these in the file?" michael asks, looking things over, and snagging some maps.
Jun 04 17:24:09 <DarnellJermaine> Omi coughs a little, "If you don't mind, please speak normally. I am new to English, so all of your sudden pauses and trailing off make it hard to follow. That said" he takes a look at the files and gives them a quick once over, "I'm willing to help with this, assuming it's all legal and for the right reasons. This isn't just some hit for the government, is it?"
Jun 04 17:24:26 <UltimixRed> r 13
Jun 04 17:24:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 17:24:35 <gumbal1> "Those are pictures of…something. Reports are, uh, vague."
Jun 04 17:25:44 <UltimixRed> Maya stores a revolver bullet in their pocket. (+5d against Anomalies) as the eggheads are talking. "We're probably either fighting magic birds, something that controls magic birds, or perhaps the largest bird feeder in the world, or tastiest."
Jun 04 17:26:19 <Jo‘> "So you have no real clue what is there? We are to go..find out what is there and deal with it? It seems there is little else to be offered apart from vague images of ’things in a place'." That was about par for the course. "Will we have the usual defensive equipment provided?"
Jun 04 17:28:50 <Silvors> "Why don't we just nuke it from orbit?" Veshara had the best solutions for everything, of course.
Jun 04 17:29:59 <gumbal1> "Well…we're a Canadian based organization? I believe nuking America would result in, er, diplomatic…troubles."
Jun 04 17:30:47 <UltimixRed> "So are we getting kinetic barriers, runics, or DVs here. Time is money, and i'm like, the Godfather looking to collect."
Jun 04 17:30:50 <DarnellJermaine> Omi frowns at being ignored, but decides to just stay calm and wait to hear about when they were leaving.
Jun 04 17:31:53 <Jo‘> "They have a cheap, apparently disposable, judging by this waiver, group of underage young adults to perform covert activities for them. Nukes are very expensive."
Jun 04 17:32:02 <gumbal1> "Kinetcs." Chirps the cheery lawyer.
Jun 04 17:32:30 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael sighs "If theres no other information you can offer, when do we head off?" he says grabbing a kinetic barrier when it becomes available.
Jun 04 17:32:53 <DarnellJermaine> Omi reaches over to pick up the Kinetics as well, as soon as they’re placed down for them.
Jun 04 17:36:34 <gumbal1> "If that will be all," Chirps the lawyer once more. "I believe the five of you will find yourselves teleported in ten."
Jun 04 17:36:53 <UltimixRed> "What, too cheap to give us the portals?" Maya quips
Jun 04 17:36:55 <Silvors> Veshara grabs one to!
Jun 04 17:36:58 * BobaFettuccine (ten.tsacmoc.aw.3dsh.062-428-70-17-h|aboB#ten.tsacmoc.aw.3dsh.062-428-70-17-h|aboB) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 17:36:59 <Silvors> *too
Jun 04 17:37:21 <Jo‘> Marie would collect a barrier for herself. "Stick together, stay calm, and do not do anything rash. We will survive."
Jun 04 17:37:37 <gumbal1> "…nine, eight, seven six, five, for, three, two, one!"]
Jun 04 17:38:14 <DarnellJermaine> "Wait where’s the bathro-"
Jun 04 17:39:03 <gumbal1> …and the five of you are suddenly lifted off your feet as what feels like a conceptual catapult launches you out of this reality and through the void between realms. You can distinctly hear what sounds like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcNqFTxQPg overlapped a few hundred times and barraging you from all sides.
Jun 04 17:41:57 <Inebriated_Lobster> Well that was weird as far as portaling goes, but michael could roll with it. He looks around to make sure the group made and looks at his surroundings.
Jun 04 17:42:26 <gumbal1> …and you're uncermoniously deposited about 2 feet off the ground, 5 m/s, at a 20 degree angle under the x-axis into the sand, in front of what looks like a general scouting camp.
Jun 04 17:42:51 <Silvors> Veshara just looked around curiously at the sounds and then, of course, flew to try and avoid landing in the sand.
Jun 04 17:43:11 <UltimixRed> Maya lands a bit shakily, but their hand on their weapon as soon as possible, scanning the area for weapons and other threats.
Jun 04 17:43:15 <DarnellJermaine> Omi rolls into the grounds, landing shoulder first and almost doing a full rotation before landing in a sitting position. "Not the most graceful of landings" he sighs and picks himself up, "Is everyone else ok? I didn't even get to say hello to you all before we were dropped down here"
Jun 04 17:44:22 <Jo‘> Marie is deposited into the sand and takes a moment after dragging herself back up to her feet to dust herself off and check her bag. With everything in order she glanced over the group. "A quick run down of everyone capabilities before we get moving?"
Jun 04 17:45:03 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks around after a fairly solid landing. "I can control metal. I think out first move should be to explore this camp up ahead."
Jun 04 17:46:33 <gumbal1> Somewhat west of the camp is the road leading into what looks like a small, adobe town. There’s a sign to the right of the road leading in, advertising "WELCOME TO SANDSTONE, HOME OF THE COYOTES". It looks pretty fucking old.
Jun 04 17:48:27 <DarnellJermaine> "My name is Omidas, and I'm well versed in Martial Arts. I'd have to agree with this friend" he says, pointing to Michael, "That or the town- they'd be the first places someone would be hiding out. And well, the only places around here"
Jun 04 17:49:00 <UltimixRed> "I can create weapons, and enchant them. Everyone hold up, I have a set of Gun's runes, it'll let us comminucate telepathically for 2 hours after they activate." Maya will hold out the slips of paper.
Jun 04 17:50:12 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael accepts the paper and, when the group is ready, will head into the camp.
Jun 04 17:50:17 <Jo‘> "I am capable of healing, as well as some offensive magic and abilities." She nodded to Michael. "Let’s take our time and be careful, no point rushing. We do not know what we are getting into."
Jun 04 17:51:36 <Silvors> "I don't want your gross minds touching mine." Veshara states as she floats forward. "I've got a few more eyes than you people." That was her power. Eyes.
Jun 04 17:52:21 <gumbal1> Right now, the camp seems mostly empty, but not completely dilapidated. The tents seem freshly put up, there's some equipment here and there, and hey, there's someone cooking an MRE over a campfire.
Jun 04 17:54:13 <UltimixRed> Maya groans. "Alright there Veshara, but if you blow our cover, i'm forcing every single one of those eyes to watch Jersey Shore."
Jun 04 17:54:19 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael walks over to the person cautiously, aproaching slowly. "Excuse me" he cries out
Jun 04 17:55:00 <DarnellJermaine> Omi gently plucks out a piece of paper and walks over with Michael and the rest quietly.
Jun 04 17:55:05 <Silvors> Veshara just smirks as she floats around, a few eyes dedicated to look at each person while her main one stayed shut.
Jun 04 17:56:03 <gumbal1> The person, a woman in what looks like slightly jury-rigged park ranger gear, nearly goes for a pistol near the campfire, before stopping upon seeing Michael. "Oh. Okay. Sorry, uh…Vegas hasn't lost its training wheels left and…so. You the, uh…help?"
Jun 04 17:56:43 <UltimixRed> "Help deal with any magical. mystical problem. Nothing we can really do about the other crap ma'am." Maya says helpfully.
Jun 04 17:57:14 <Jo‘> Marie did accept one of the runes as well. She let Michael and Maya handle the talking for now.
Jun 04 17:57:51 <gumbal1> "…okay, yeah. So, uh…they told you about the birds, right?"
Jun 04 17:58:42 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Nope" michael said, bracing himself for whatever horrible information she was about to give.
Jun 04 18:02:11 <gumbal1> "Okay, so, uh." The woman takes the MRE off the fire, waiting to actually dig in. "There’s…things in that town. Birds, I suppose, but, well…too large. I'd say…ten, maybe twelve feet tall? They…look like crows, I guess, but don't seem to, well…act like them."
Jun 04 18:02:49 <gumbal1> "Bullets are…surprisingly bad against them. And their talons are, uh…" The woman seems to wince, slightly.
Jun 04 18:03:51 <Jo‘> "How many have you seen. IS this a handful..or flocks?"
Jun 04 18:04:07 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Talon’s are what?" michael says, taking in the information.
Jun 04 18:04:12 <UltimixRed> r 13
Jun 04 18:04:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 18:05:00 <UltimixRed> Maya digs into her pocket, and hands the woman 3 bullets for her pistol. "Use these if you see a bird, it won't be that much better, but it'll be better than standard." (x3 +1d against anomalies.)
Jun 04 18:05:52 <gumbal1> "I…it depends. I'd say…there'd be more where it's open." Like…courtyards."
Jun 04 18:06:30 <DarnellJermaine> "I see. Are there any such places there nearby ma'am?" Omi chimes in after a while, feeling lame just sitting there silent.
Jun 04 18:08:08 <gumbal1> "Well…did you mean inside the town, or…" The woman looks around the desert landscape.
Jun 04 18:08:43 <DarnellJermaine> "Right- that was a stupid question now that I think about it" he coughs and goes back to silence, slipping behind someone else in the group.
Jun 04 18:09:27 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Anything you know about the town we could use? places we should start looking?"
Jun 04 18:10:45 <gumbal1> "Uh…the community center? It's…cramped, so I don't suppose there'd be many there. Just, er…take the back alleys."
Jun 04 18:11:15 <UltimixRed> if the woman isn't gonna accept the specialty bullets, Maya will just pocket them herself. "Well, if they like open areas, that'll be bad for us. Their flight can potentially put two of us as sitting ducks….do you perhaps know what the birds are aiming for? Food, sentimental items, shit like that."
Jun 04 18:12:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods. "Back alleys right." he looks to Marie and Maya. "Community center seems as good a place as any to start"
Jun 04 18:12:46 <Jo‘> "We should just avoid any combat with the birds. We can’t kill them all, we will just have to find a source for them..whatever that is." The school really needed to work on thier intel gathering. "Have they been openly hostile?"
Jun 04 18:13:51 <DarnellJermaine> "Maybe they have a nest we could track down" he says in response to Marie. "You'd think a nest for 10 to 12 foot large birds wouldn't be too hard to find"
Jun 04 18:13:58 <gumbal1> The woman just sort of…stares blankly, before looking into the fire. "I don't…I don't even know anymore. They…they don't act like birds should act. I don't…even know if they are birds. They're…" The woman takes a deep breath. "Why would they even send you?"
Jun 04 18:14:11 <gumbal1> "…very."
Jun 04 18:14:29 * Lena|bbiab is now known as Lena
Jun 04 18:15:05 <UltimixRed> "They're magic Omi. They probably hide it in a pocket space or alternate dimension. IF possible we should negotiate, but giant monstrous corvids never comply."
Jun 04 18:15:08 <Silvors> Veshara was, and is, just lounging in the air with two eyes on each person.
Jun 04 18:15:25 <UltimixRed> "Or, they could be mechanical monsters." Maya muses
Jun 04 18:16:22 <DarnellJermaine> "I apologize friend, I guess I'm just not too familiar with magical birds. You'll have to forgive me" he sighs and takes a seat near the campfire.
Jun 04 18:18:16 <gumbal1> "…why? Why…you?"
Jun 04 18:19:14 <UltimixRed> "No one else was stupid enough to volunteer. Now anything else you wanna add before we attempt to not replay Birdemic?"
Jun 04 18:20:16 <gumbal1> The woman sighs. "…might be ghosts in that town. I…heard things. Voices."
Jun 04 18:21:09 <UltimixRed> "Ghosts, could be spirits. Would be bad if we don't have a way of harming them, Omi, Micheal, do you need something to hit the astral plane too?"
Jun 04 18:21:52 <DarnellJermaine> "Hamon should allow me to harm such spirits theoretically, but I've never had the chance to practice. I guess I'll find out today"
Jun 04 18:22:10 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shrugs. "I dunno, can iron do that?"
Jun 04 18:22:29 <Silvors> "I'll use my death ray on them." Veshara says casually, not worried at all.
Jun 04 18:23:04 * BobaFettuccine has quit (Quit: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))
Jun 04 18:23:35 <Jo‘> "I have some ability in theurgy, I Can remove spirits possessing people or items, and I have not tested the ability for mental focused magics to harm a spirit"
Jun 04 18:23:39 <UltimixRed> Maya hands a purple glowing knuckle duster to Micheal. "These will work twice for two hours, hits an enemy’s mind. Should cover it." (Buy 3 successes.) "Alright team, anything else before we go march to Mordor?"
Jun 04 18:23:46 * DarcellJermaine (moc.duolccri.gnitoot.870544-ki|042761diu#moc.duolccri.gnitoot.870544-ki|042761diu) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 18:24:23 <DarnellJermaine> "If it's not too much trouble, I'd like to know the names of my comrades before we head into battle"
Jun 04 18:24:24 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael shakes his head. "Stick to the alleys seems to be the way to go, I vote we start with the community center."
Jun 04 18:25:38 <Inebriated_Lobster> He looks to omi and shakes his head. "plenty of time to get to know each other when welive through this"
Jun 04 18:26:20 <Inebriated_Lobster> He takes the knucle duster too!
Jun 04 18:30:08 <DarcellJermaine> "I suppose you're right" he'd just have to hope none of them died.
Jun 04 18:32:46 <Jo‘> Marie would take a moment while in the relitive safety of the camp to flip out her pocket knife and draw a thin line across her palm, focusing her will on that before working to close the wound in her palm. (1 health for 3 effort then a revitalize)
Jun 04 18:33:12 <Jo`> r 9 -3 no effort in blood
Jun 04 18:33:13 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 18:34:10 <gumbal1> Actually coming into the town, it’s…surprisingly quiet. At the very least, there currently aren't any birds in sight. Given the maps you've been given, there's a variety of paths your could go down, though three stand out in particular. The quickest looks to be through the main street, eventually taking a right to go down Echo Park Blvd until you get to the center. The second would be going around the edge. Much less chance of coming across
Jun 04 18:34:10 <gumbal1> courtyards, but you'd be on the edge of the city. The third appears to be a path of backalleys, eventually leading to a spot near, but not quite at the center, converging with route 1.
Jun 04 18:34:50 <gumbal1> As before, much of the architecture is made frome adobe and, wel…sandstone. Looks fairly old, all things considered, like it never quite made it past the 1940s.
Jun 04 18:35:55 <Silvors> Veshara pointed at the third path, "Let's go that way? Since, well, the first one seems open and the outskirts do too."
Jun 04 18:36:47 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods in agreement. "I like the third option as well."
Jun 04 18:37:35 <DarnellJermaine> "But if we go through back alleys, won't it be crowded if we are attacked? There won't be much room to move about or fire at any kind of birds"
Jun 04 18:37:44 <DarnellJermaine> "Perhaps the outskirts are our best bet"
Jun 04 18:38:00 <UltimixRed> "Keep your ears peeled for giant bird cacaws, if anyone has some crackers, fess up now, or breadcrumbs. we'll know who they target."
Jun 04 18:38:09 <Jo‘> Marie would nod in agreement with Veshara and Michael. "IT will be more crowded if we are swarmed by giant intelligent birds"
Jun 04 18:38:27 <Silvors> "I can fly, so it’s not an issue for me." Veshara states calmly before she started going down the third path. "But giant birds won't be able to fit, or at least as many of them. It's a funnel."
Jun 04 18:38:55 <Inebriated_Lobster> "and it will save us time. The outskirts would take too long"
Jun 04 18:39:44 <DarnellJermaine> "If the rest of you are so confident, then I will trust in your judgement and head down the 3rd path"
Jun 04 18:42:50 <Jo‘> Marie would give Michael a pat on the back then shove him in that direction after Veshara, so she could then follow behind him, the big meatshield that he was.
Jun 04 18:43:14 <UltimixRed> "Alright, we’re switching to nano communications. Everyone turn on your codecs before we go in." Maya says, activating the runes for the next 2 hours as she follows. ~Do you all minus Veshy Copy?~
Jun 04 18:43:52 <DarnellJermaine> Omi activates his as well, ~Yes, I can hear you just fine. It feels kind of strange though~
Jun 04 18:43:55 <Silvors> Veshara found the meat shield idea to be a good one, so she floated up and backwards to head a bit above Marie, laying down of course.
Jun 04 18:43:56 <gumbal1> The actual third path itself begins in a back alley between "VB Inc.", a sort of dilapidated building, and "Alley's Bakery!", a somwhat smaller, less destroyed structure. A dry, pungnent scent seems to hit you immediately.
Jun 04 18:43:58 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael walks ahead, getting shoved, but cool with it. He activates the runes
Jun 04 18:44:40 <Jo‘> Marie spoke a bit more softly now as they went. "Found your bread crumbs, Maya"
Jun 04 18:46:24 <UltimixRed> Maya goes to open the door, if it’s locked she'll just shoot the hinges with their revolver.
Jun 04 18:47:20 <Silvors> When Veshara sees Maya raise her gun, Vesh is going to kick her in the side of the head.
Jun 04 18:47:24 <gumbal1> Which door?
Jun 04 18:47:44 <Silvors> *When or if
Jun 04 18:48:02 <UltimixRed> The door to the bakery.
Jun 04 18:49:13 <Jo‘> Marie sighed. "Maya..we are being quiet"
Jun 04 18:49:35 <gumbal1> It opens well enough. Unlike your usual haunted dilapidated bakery, it doesn’t appear like anyone left any snacks for plucky adventurers. Unless you count raw flower, the moldy stench of which seems to permeate the premises.
Jun 04 18:49:39 <gumbal1> It was locked!
Jun 04 18:50:09 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Let me try" he telepaths to maya before she raises her gun
Jun 04 18:50:26 <gumbal1> Too late.
Jun 04 18:50:27 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will attempt to use ferrokinesis to open the door
Jun 04 18:50:39 <Silvors> Veshara is going to fly back down the alley, not exit it but just get some distance between herself and Maya.
Jun 04 18:51:43 <UltimixRed> "Oh, right. metal powers, sorry about that, well if anything was behind the door, we'll be a-ok."
Jun 04 18:52:01 <gumbal1> Damn Vesh, this alley sucks, even for a back alley. There appears to be a dumpster with some sort of mold creeping down the sides, and what looks like a…giant slab of some sort of dried jerky(?) just sort of sitting against the wall.
Jun 04 18:52:27 <Silvors> Veshara idly shoots a laser to disintegrate the jerky. Because jerky is dumb.
Jun 04 18:53:48 <gumbal1> It disinigrates well enough.
Jun 04 18:55:00 <gumbal1> The bakery seems pretty empty all things considered. The door to the back kitchen is wide open, and even with a bit of flour scattered across the floor, there don't appear to be any sort of tracks.
Jun 04 18:57:09 <gumbal1> Nothing much in the way of food out in the display cases.
Jun 04 18:57:29 <Inebriated_Lobster> "Let's keep moving" michae; broadcasts to the party telepathically
Jun 04 18:58:52 <DarnellJermaine> ~I suppose the next place is to head directly for the community center. No sense in dally dillying~
Jun 04 18:59:46 <UltimixRed> ~Cueball head is right. Someone fetch vesh and i'll refrain from shooting anything but feathered bastards next time.~ Maya sends as they sweep the bakery one last time before they leave.
Jun 04 18:59:56 <Jo‘> "We are just wasting time and risking drawing attention" She responded mentally with the rune, then whispered to Veshara the same since she refused the rune.
Jun 04 19:00:38 <Silvors> Veshara floated forward back to the group, shooting a look of disdain towards Maya. "Let’s keep going."
Jun 04 19:00:53 <gumbal1> The kitchen is…somewhat of a mess, all things considered. The floor's covered in flour and someone pulled the ladder to the attic down and just left it there.
Jun 04 19:05:23 <Jo‘> ~We should keep moving, sitting her searching a run down bakery does nothing for us, it only puts us at risk. We do not have time to search every building. This ione is far too small to house any kind of nest, and there is no sign of any activity around it~
Jun 04 19:06:16 <DarnellJermaine> Well, being called cueball is better than not being acknowledged at all, ~She’s got a point, if we keep moving we'll find it quicker and have less chance of being picked off. I say we start heading out immediately~ and with that, Omi makes his way out the door and starts to go further down the path.
Jun 04 19:06:16 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will remain in the alley way, waiting for the rest of the group to make there way to the town community center.
Jun 04 19:07:26 <UltimixRed> ~Marie, don't assume that something is too small, for all we know the birds have power over spatial dimensions.~ skulking with the group, ready to strike at whatever dinosaur descended bastards may be lurking in the community center.
Jun 04 19:07:51 <Silvors> Veshara didn't go into that bakery, that was just a waste of time. And the gunshot was a risk that was far too big. Veshara just hovered there and waited for the group to move forward.
Jun 04 19:08:54 <gumbal1> Eventually, the alley makes a sharp turn left, going down a fair bit past a few buildings. A few of them have doors to the alley, and one even looks like it has a garage door of sorts.
Jun 04 19:08:59 <gumbal1> > Perception, all
Jun 04 19:09:10 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 5
Jun 04 19:09:10 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 19:09:16 <UltimixRed> r 2 Garbage eyes
Jun 04 19:09:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 5 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 19:09:34 <DarnellJermaine> r 2 too short to see
Jun 04 19:09:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 19:09:51 <Silvors> r 7 No penalties thanks to Transhuman Senses
Jun 04 19:09:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 19:10:18 <Jo‘> r 6 perc
Jun 04 19:10:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 5 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 19:11:01 <gumbal1> Michael and Veshara hear it-the sound of something whispering an "in here" as they pass a particular door, just before the alley’s next turn.
Jun 04 19:12:10 <Silvors> Veshara stopped and looks towards the door with a few of her eyes. "Did anyone else hear that?"
Jun 04 19:12:15 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~I just heard something from that door.~
Jun 04 19:12:41 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~should we keep moving or investigate?~ broadcast to all.
Jun 04 19:13:13 <UltimixRed> Maya will use her power to scan the door for any magical weapons behind the door, buying 1 success lets her determine if any weapons are innately magical in the area.
Jun 04 19:13:22 <gumbal1> Nothing magical.
Jun 04 19:13:49 <gumbal1> At least, not in the room behind the door.
Jun 04 19:13:50 <DarnellJermaine> ~Might as well. There are 5 of us- if it could kill us so easily it would've done so while we were in the bakery~
Jun 04 19:13:53 <UltimixRed> ~Inhabitants of the town may have info. Could be useful. They aren't armed with any magic weapons, dunno about normal artifacts.~
Jun 04 19:15:20 <Jo‘> ~Why would there be people here..this town looks like it has been abandoned for a very long time. The intern at the school said so as well..no one should be here~
Jun 04 19:15:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods. ~Marie raises A valid point. I’m not walking into a trap.~
Jun 04 19:16:09 <UltimixRed> ~Refugees, hobos, people trying to investigate the birds as well…or perhaps the birds themselves. Could be shapeshifters.~
Jun 04 19:16:12 <gumbal1> Technically, this town was under the domain of your typical governmental preservation society. Might've had tours.
Jun 04 19:16:29 <Silvors> Veshara goes to look at the handle and then at the door itself. "Parrots?"
Jun 04 19:17:11 <Jo‘> ~We don’t have any other options. Just be ready. Michael you are likely the sturdiest, will you open the door?~
Jun 04 19:17:21 <gumbal1> Looks like your standard back alley door. Looks to have a lock, but it's slightly ajar anyways.
Jun 04 19:17:34 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods, takes a dep breath, and opens the door
Jun 04 19:17:43 <gumbal1> > Michael, roll dodge.
Jun 04 19:17:52 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 19
Jun 04 19:17:52 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:19:13 <gumbal1> You step out of the way just in time as a bucket over the door tumbles, spilling a putrid mix of honey, powdered sugar, and flour all over the floor. There's a brief clicking from what sounds like the second floor of the building, only for it to suddenly stop…then resume a few seconds later.
Jun 04 19:19:45 <gumbal1> The room itself looks to be mostly storage, holding sports equipment and little else. Nobody's inside but you.
Jun 04 19:20:39 <Jo‘> ~Are giant intelligent birds pulling pranks?~
Jun 04 19:20:54 * Lena has quit ()
Jun 04 19:20:59 <UltimixRed> ~ok, that’s like the worst attempt at chemical warfare ever. That is definitely all sorts of suspicious, do we wanna threaten them? they might be doing some sort of sympathetic magic.~ Maya thinks as they summon up a mundane mace. ~don't see why not, students do it all the time~ (4 durability.)
Jun 04 19:21:55 <gumbal1> Something seems to knock on the wall from above.
Jun 04 19:22:02 * Lena (ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|spoo#ten.knilneddus.nyd.ser.85ctmchanq.552-827-80-83|spoo) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 19:22:31 <Silvors> Veshara devotes some eyes to looking up.
Jun 04 19:22:51 <Jo‘> Marie did look up as well, making sure there were no windows directly above them.
Jun 04 19:22:55 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will look up as well, carfully avoiding the buckets contents on the ground.
Jun 04 19:23:41 <gumbal1> Above you is a wooden ceiling. Whatever it is, it’s probably coming from the second floor. While this room does have a door into what is probably the main storefront, it doesn't seem to contain a way upstairs that you can see.
Jun 04 19:24:02 <DarnellJermaine> ~It seems I was wrong. Apologies, friends. Although if this is the enemy we're looking for, perhaps there's no need to go to the community center. I don't mind heading forward first~
Jun 04 19:24:10 <Silvors> Veshara is going to see if there's any windows on the second floor in the alley.
Jun 04 19:24:32 <gumbal1> Not any that look into the alley, no.
Jun 04 19:24:57 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~mabey these are the ghosts the ranger was talking about.~
Jun 04 19:25:21 <UltimixRed> ~They could be phasing through the floor to get to a higher level yeah. I'm assuming spirits.~
Jun 04 19:26:01 <Jo‘> ~OR there are stairs somewhere int he building other than this room~
Jun 04 19:27:59 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~then we head into the main store front.~
Jun 04 19:28:13 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will head into the main storefront and look for stairs
Jun 04 19:28:57 <UltimixRed> Maya will head behind Micheal, motioning for the others to fan out when they get inside. ~We don’t want to get all taken out in one large lucky shot.~
Jun 04 19:30:22 <gumbal1> The main store front is your standard sporting goods store. A bit dusty, some of the goods have been stolen most likely, but such is life. There's a staircase leading up to the second floor to the right of where you just entered, against a wall. Do you head towards it?
Jun 04 19:30:53 <Inebriated_Lobster> Yes, hopefully keeping an eye out for more honey traps
Jun 04 19:31:16 <Jo‘> Marie would follow Michael, five feet or so behind him, letting him be one with any traps ahead.
Jun 04 19:31:28 <DarnellJermaine> Omi will follow by Michael’s side.
Jun 04 19:31:41 <gumbal1> No honey traps, no. More like an oversized corvid, shaped more like an ostrich than anything else, squeezed up at the top of the stairs, that shrieks immediately upon seeing the five of you.
Jun 04 19:32:37 <gumbal1> > initiative
Jun 04 19:32:41 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 10
Jun 04 19:32:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 5 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 19:32:46 <Inebriated_Lobster> (15)
Jun 04 19:32:50 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 19:32:50 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 19:33:03 <UltimixRed> r 8
Jun 04 19:33:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 5 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:33:08 <UltimixRed> (11)
Jun 04 19:33:15 <Jo‘> r 5 init
Jun 04 19:33:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 4 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 19:33:17 <Silvors> r 9
Jun 04 19:33:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:33:22 <Jo`> (5)
Jun 04 19:34:00 <DarnellJermaine> r 6
Jun 04 19:34:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:34:08 <DarnellJermaine> (initative is 9 for my homie omi)
Jun 04 19:34:11 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: BIRD > MICHAEL > VESH > MAYA > OMI > MARIE
Jun 04 19:34:26 <gumbal1> > BIRD
Jun 04 19:35:05 <gumbal1> The first thing the bird does is immediately leap from the stairway to land on/eviscerate Michael with its talons.
Jun 04 19:35:17 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 19:35:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:35:35 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael buys 4 successes and dodges
Jun 04 19:36:11 <gumbal1> The bird, either way, lands on its feet, chirping at the group rythmatically.
Jun 04 19:37:07 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 19:37:50 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael activates his power and roundhouse kicks the Birb
Jun 04 19:37:59 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists are weapons minor action
Jun 04 19:37:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:38:09 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+3 ap for 2 rounds)
Jun 04 19:38:21 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 15 5 dmg 3 ap
Jun 04 19:38:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 19:38:39 <gumbal1> It’s going to parry the first with one of its talons, and dodge the second.
Jun 04 19:38:43 <gumbal1> r 11
Jun 04 19:38:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:38:47 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 19:38:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Jun 04 19:39:20 <gumbal1> As it dodges, it says, almost as if it's repeating the sounds more than it is forming it: "You're not a killer, Hurley."
Jun 04 19:39:26 <gumbal1> > VESH
Jun 04 19:39:37 <Silvors> Veshara looked at the creature with ten eyes, her main one staying shut. She rose an eyestalk and aimed it at the creature, her other eye stalk flickering around the creature rapidly, following it. (Firing a disintegrate ray as her major action. Minor action is readying a ranged parry.)
Jun 04 19:40:07 <Silvors> r 10 4d 2ap
Jun 04 19:40:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:40:31 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 19:40:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:41:28 <gumbal1> The thing seems to hop around like a roadrunner, repeating the word "Beep" as it dodges the beam.
Jun 04 19:41:31 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 19:42:00 <UltimixRed> Maya is going to use her major action to summon an enchanted anti-anomaly melee weapon, buying 3 successes. (+2d for 2 hits) and then use their minor action to prep an Intercept with their other cutlass. "Alright, what are the chances that we can talk this out like reasonable, not killer crows?"
Jun 04 19:43:13 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 19:45:03 <DarnellJermaine> Omi is going to concentrate on his breathing, letting Hamon freely run through his body before running up on the bird and attempting to jump kick it /hard/.
Jun 04 19:45:13 <DarnellJermaine> r 16 Jump Kick
Jun 04 19:45:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 19:45:21 <DarnellJermaine> (base damage 5, 0 ap)
Jun 04 19:45:44 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 19:45:45 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:45:58 <gumbal1> Square in the beak.
Jun 04 19:46:00 <gumbal1> r 4
Jun 04 19:46:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:46:24 <gumbal1> The bird stumbles back, cawing once more.
Jun 04 19:46:26 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 19:46:47 <Jo‘> Marie used the folding knife again to draw another line along her palm, drawing blood before she wet her finger in the blood and ran it down her forhead and bridge of her nose. She willed energy into the blood and reached out with her mind to assault the crow’s. He was fast, but speed didn't help much with an attack directed at the mind. (minor action: 1health for 3 effort. Major
Jun 04 19:46:47 <Jo‘> action: Shred spell)
Jun 04 19:46:58 <Jo`> r 19 5damage psyche vs willpower 3 effort
Jun 04 19:46:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Jun 04 19:47:14 <gumbal1> r 24
Jun 04 19:47:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 24 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:48:05 <gumbal1> r 8
Jun 04 19:48:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 19:48:40 <gumbal1> The thing screams once more, not like any bird should scream. More like a hundred voice clips played in unison. Ev en so, it stands.
Jun 04 19:48:43 <gumbal1> > BIRD
Jun 04 19:49:36 <gumbal1> "What a day." "I ain’t no nothing bout delivering babies!" The thing charges, this time for Marie.
Jun 04 19:49:46 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 19:49:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:49:49 <UltimixRed> INTERCEPT!
Jun 04 19:50:10 <UltimixRed> Maya buys 4 Reflex successes to parry the attack for Marie
Jun 04 19:50:16 <UltimixRed> r 17 Parry
Jun 04 19:50:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:50:44 <UltimixRed> Maya then burns a Psyche to activate Vicious Riposte, adding +3d to her next attack. "You fight like a cow!"
Jun 04 19:50:47 <gumbal1> …what is she parrying with, and is it magical?
Jun 04 19:51:09 <UltimixRed> it's her anti-anomaly cutlass
Jun 04 19:51:44 <gumbal1> That will be all.
Jun 04 19:51:46 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 19:52:11 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists of iron minr action, buff
Jun 04 19:52:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 4 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 19:52:28 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+1 brawn 1 round)
Jun 04 19:52:52 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will land a blow at the birds wing joint.
Jun 04 19:53:11 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 15 5dmg 3 ap
Jun 04 19:53:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Jun 04 19:53:38 <gumbal1> r 13 what the fuck dude
Jun 04 19:53:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Jun 04 19:53:45 <gumbal1> r 4
Jun 04 19:53:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 19:54:20 <gumbal1> The wing is blown clean off. Right now, the bird seems to be doing its legion howl again.
Jun 04 19:54:33 <gumbal1> > VESH
Jun 04 19:55:03 * Lena is now known as Lena|bbiab
Jun 04 19:55:30 <Silvors> Vesh does the same thing! Ready a ranged parry and fire her laser!
Jun 04 19:55:33 <Silvors> r 10 4d 2ap
Jun 04 19:55:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 19:55:44 <gumbal1> r 12
Jun 04 19:55:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 19:55:51 <gumbal1> Which it dodges.
Jun 04 19:55:56 <gumbal1> > ???
Jun 04 19:56:25 <gumbal1> Something crashes through the window. It's…yet another one of those giant birds. This one appears to be partially covered in…flour?
Jun 04 19:56:29 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 19:56:41 <UltimixRed> Maya has a very bad feeling about the howl, at these weird ass birds. She summoning another anti-anomaly weapon with bought successes (another +2d for 2 hits) and preps another intercept.
Jun 04 19:56:54 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 19:57:46 <DarnellJermaine> Omi sees what Maya has going on with protecting people from attacks, and decides to support her the best he can. Running up with surprising speed, he touches two fingers to Maya and lets some of his Hamon freely flow into her, "Allow me to assist you"
Jun 04 19:57:59 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 Sharpen Reflexes
Jun 04 19:58:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 19:58:06 <DarnellJermaine> (+1 to Reflexes for 4 rounds)
Jun 04 19:58:18 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: BIRD > MICHAEL > VESH > BIRD > MAYA > OMI > MARIE
Jun 04 19:58:28 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 19:58:30 <Jo‘> Marie tilted her head and decided to try somehting, it was worth a shot. She focused more of her will into the blood pool in her palm and flicked her wrist, sending droplets of blood towards the creature, attempting to rip any spirit that may be posessing the body free. (Exorcism spell)
Jun 04 19:58:32 <DarnellJermaine> He also uses his minor action to prep an intercept.
Jun 04 19:58:39 <Jo`> r 18 exorcism 2 effort
Jun 04 19:58:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Jun 04 19:59:37 <gumbal1> "THE" "sloane" "DON’T SELL NOTHING BUT MERCHENDISE!" It appears to have no effect.
Jun 04 19:59:44 <gumbal1> > BIRD
Jun 04 20:00:37 <gumbal1> BIRD #1 is going to once more go for Marie.
Jun 04 20:00:48 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 20:00:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:00:54 <Silvors> Veshara uses her ranged parry in a futile attempt to stop the attack.
Jun 04 20:01:03 <Silvors> r 10
Jun 04 20:01:03 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 20:01:14 <gumbal1> > BEFORE YOU DO THAT, PERCEPTION
Jun 04 20:01:25 <Silvors> Telekinetic beams, man.
Jun 04 20:01:39 <Silvors> r 7
Jun 04 20:01:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:02:02 <gumbal1> This is clearly a feint. It has no intention of actually hitting Marie.
Jun 04 20:02:27 <Jo‘> r 6 perception
Jun 04 20:02:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 5 5 4 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:03:12 <Silvors> Well if it’s not trying to hit her then why would Veshara stop it from… not hitting?
Jun 04 20:03:49 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 20:03:55 <Silvors> "I wonder if they're just playing around. They are saying dumb stuff like they don't sell nothing but merchandise."
Jun 04 20:04:10 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists are weapons
Jun 04 20:04:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 5 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:04:20 <gumbal1> r 11 talons are good for parrying
Jun 04 20:04:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:04:27 <Inebriated_Lobster> not an attack
Jun 04 20:04:40 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+4 ap +2 rounds)
Jun 04 20:05:25 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael decieds to punch the spot where the things wing got torn off.
Jun 04 20:05:31 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 15 5 dmg 4 ap
Jun 04 20:05:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:05:36 <gumbal1> r 12
Jun 04 20:05:37 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:05:45 <gumbal1> r 4
Jun 04 20:05:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:06:19 <gumbal1> The punch sends it flying across the room, into a shelf, before falling limp onto the floor.
Jun 04 20:06:22 <gumbal1> > VESH
Jun 04 20:07:06 <Silvors> Veshara tilts her head to one side and slowly, slowly opens up her main eye, just a pinprick-sized pupil focused entirely on the bird that feinted earlier.
Jun 04 20:07:32 <gumbal1> "You killed" "sloane" "-sy! You killed" "sloane" "-sy!"
Jun 04 20:07:40 <gumbal1> The bird that feinted earlier is dead.
Jun 04 20:07:58 <Silvors> Well then, she doesn't do that. She just shoots a laser at the other one. This time with feeling.
Jun 04 20:08:17 <Silvors> r 12 (2 Focus) 4d 2ap
Jun 04 20:08:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:08:26 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:08:26 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:08:37 <gumbal1> r 4
Jun 04 20:08:37 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:09:05 <gumbal1> The bird's feathers ruffle, but not by much."
Jun 04 20:09:09 <gumbal1> > BIRD
Jun 04 20:09:19 <gumbal1> It…runs out of the store, just as fast as it ran in.
Jun 04 20:09:45 <Silvors> "They were just playing, I don't see why we killed one." Veshara states calmly before deciding to float out of the building. Out the back.
Jun 04 20:10:33 <UltimixRed> "Hey, I attacked them exactly zero times! plus you can't exactly play around with talons that fucking cut through dimensions or some shit, vorpal talons!"
Jun 04 20:10:47 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~It's probably bringing others, we need to leave~
Jun 04 20:10:49 <DarnellJermaine> "We killed them because that is what we were sent to do"
Jun 04 20:11:17 <Silvors> "I refuse to kill them. I'm now a pacifist, I've decided." Veshara states calmly, crossing her arms there. "At least when it comes to birds."
Jun 04 20:11:23 <UltimixRed> ~Let's head to a place and fortify it so we don't need to fight all of them at once. Bottleneck them.~
Jun 04 20:11:54 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~Fuck that we need to move, we can't take on an army of those.~
Jun 04 20:12:13 <DarnellJermaine> ~Whatever we do, let's do it fast before anything else catches us by surprise~
Jun 04 20:12:38 <UltimixRed> ~Do you want to pull out?~ Maya says heading out the building, ready for more vorpal talon strikes. ~If you don't think we can handle it, it'll be our best bet.~
Jun 04 20:13:07 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~no, we invesitgate, make our way to the common area, while we still have the chance. right now they know where we are~
Jun 04 20:13:15 <Jo‘> ~somehting is not right here. They seemed to focus me when I attacked it’s mind. They seem linked in some way. I do not know if they are entirely malicious~
Jun 04 20:14:43 <UltimixRed> ~They rarely are, they're probably malicious now that we killed one of their pals. What's a spot we could…fuck their claws can cut through anything.~ Maya drops off one of their damaged cutlasses, and summons a fresh one. (+1d for 3 hits)
Jun 04 20:16:08 <Inebriated_Lobster> ~let's go up the stairs first, though, back me up~
Jun 04 20:16:19 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will make his way up the stairs.
Jun 04 20:16:30 <Jo‘> Marie did follow Michael up, taking a moment to heal the cut in her palm.
Jun 04 20:16:38 <Silvors> "I wonder if they can fly. I bet they could fly. Do you think they could fly?" Veshara asked as she looked at the ceiling and went to follow them upstairs.
Jun 04 20:16:43 <Jo`> r 9 revitalize -3 no effort
Jun 04 20:16:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:17:05 <DarnellJermaine> Omi will follow behind Michael just in case, ~I’m right behind you, friend~
Jun 04 20:17:12 <Jo‘> "I bet they could probably fly..or at least glide. They seem bulky for real flight"
Jun 04 20:17:39 <gumbal1> Once more, the upstairs resembles a storage room, though this one appears to be somewhat messier than the last. Aside from the cracks in the wall, nothing much else of interest is present.
Jun 04 20:17:46 <UltimixRed> "Duh, they have giant ass wings. doubt they’re for decoration. Vesh, only you and I can reliably deflect their attacks, we need to keep Marie safe. Magic Marie, could have a bit of wind essence or some fuck." Maya says, keeping a close guard on the healer.
Jun 04 20:18:12 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael will examine the cracks in the wall
Jun 04 20:18:34 <gumbal1> Look to be made by something sharp. Like a beak, maybe.
Jun 04 20:19:20 <Jo‘> "I think they may have some sort of mental connection. They ignored phycial attacks, but the moment I aattacked their mind it was on me."
Jun 04 20:19:28 <Inebriated_Lobster> Howabout that! Michael goes back down the steps. ~Back to the alley?~
Jun 04 20:19:57 <Silvors> "Besides the fact that until we killed that one, they had no intention of hurting us." Veshara stated.
Jun 04 20:21:34 <DarnellJermaine> "Didn’t the first one charge at our friend," he says pointing to Michael, "Before we could even react?"
Jun 04 20:21:52 <UltimixRed> ~Alley is best to navigate, they don't seem to be the industrious type, though they can attack through walls easily. be wary.~ "Well, now that Micheal has screwed the pooch, diplomacy is gonna be difficult. But if someone can figure it out, that'd be fucking GREAT." heading out the building
Jun 04 20:23:22 <gumbal1> The alley's just as they left it, all things considered.
Jun 04 20:23:54 <Silvors> Veshara goes floating along the alley with a scowl. "Did they even hurt anyone?"
Jun 04 20:24:24 <UltimixRed> "Vesh has a point, the Ranger could have been lying. We don't really know."
Jun 04 20:24:57 <gumbal1> As they come to the next turn, it looks like they have company. And by company, I mean "two more birds directly down, staring at them."
Jun 04 20:25:07 <gumbal1> Neither seem to move from where they are, however.
Jun 04 20:25:42 <Jo‘> ~I find the ranger being there odd. Why would they remain alone at a place obviously overrun by these things, staying so close? I think there is more to this than we are seeing.~ And then they came to a stop.
Jun 04 20:25:51 <UltimixRed> "You wanna talk this out? because that seems way better than more bloodshed?" Prep an intercept if possible.
Jun 04 20:25:51 <Silvors> Veshara gets an idea, going to shoot a laser to etch a smiley face in the side of a building and pointing at it.
Jun 04 20:26:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael stops, and watches the birds to see what they will do.
Jun 04 20:27:16 <gumbal1> "Don’t shoot." "We're one of the good ones." "Follow us, we" "know a safe place down" "north a bit, then turn" "right."
Jun 04 20:27:36 <UltimixRed> "Ok question, how do we know this isn't just an ambush? I really want to trust you but."
Jun 04 20:28:28 <Silvors> Veshara gives a thumbs up and starts floating… north.
Jun 04 20:28:32 <gumbal1> "Why wouldn't we have" "ambush" "-ed you before" "making all that noise?"
Jun 04 20:28:59 <Silvors> "A bird civil war." Veshara states as she keeps going north…ish.
Jun 04 20:29:12 <Jo‘> ~Just stay alert. Be ready to break for it. We are getting no where, this is at least soemthing~
Jun 04 20:29:29 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael nods following along.
Jun 04 20:29:30 <UltimixRed> Maya shrugs "Look, no offense that I’m not entirely certain we're not currently about to be eviscerated." ~Marie, stick near me.~
Jun 04 20:29:46 <UltimixRed> they follow, hand on weapons to parry.
Jun 04 20:29:49 <DarnellJermaine> Omi reluctantly follows the group, remaining silent.
Jun 04 20:30:48 <gumbal1> One of the birds nods, and begins trodding north. One thing you're noticing more and more is that their wings seem to be vestigal at this point. They're used for nothing, and even as the birds are climbing over a chicken-wire fence at the right turn, their wings aren't used.
Jun 04 20:31:24 <UltimixRed> ~Alright, you win that argument for the wings.~ Maya admits.
Jun 04 20:31:45 <Silvors> Veshara keeps going forward until she sees the right place to turn. Get it? Right place to turn?
Jun 04 20:33:25 <UltimixRed> "Hey mind answering a question? How do those claws of yours not just completely tear the pavement as you walk, or can you turn off it's vorpal super cut everything-ness?"
Jun 04 20:34:57 <gumbal1> The alley seems to lead to a more industrial district, before suddenly stopping to open one of those garage door things, into a warehouse. Inside appears to be, well…a small campfire of sorts, barely lighting the place up. A few more of the birds are currently roosting near the fire, including one with a brilliant blue crest on its head, much larger than the others. Maya's question goes unanswered.
Jun 04 20:36:10 <Silvors> Veshara floats forward and hovers near the fire cross legged. "Hello."
Jun 04 20:36:58 <DarnellJermaine> Omi takes a seat by the fire with the other birds and pulls a delicately carved wooden pipe out of his robe, stuffing in some tobacco and taking a smoke. After a letting out a particularly large plume of smoke, he'd offer it to any of the birds if they wanted some, "Don't know if you can smoke with beaks, but it'll calm your nerves"
Jun 04 20:37:05 <gumbal1> A few of the roosting birds suddenly sit up, before the crested one raises a hand. "Is this all?"
Jun 04 20:37:17 <Jo‘> Marie kept with the group, staying near Maya as she had asked. ~this is getting interesting~
Jun 04 20:37:41 <UltimixRed> "Lemme guess, we’re either having dinner, or being dinner." Maya jokes, though their entire body was still in combat mode.
Jun 04 20:38:01 <gumbal1> Maya, if you're so paranoid, why don't you just roll perception?
Jun 04 20:38:14 <UltimixRed> r 2 She dumb
Jun 04 20:38:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 20:38:16 <Silvors> Veshara rolled her eyes. "Maya is dumb… I think this is everyone?"
Jun 04 20:38:22 <gumbal1> Wow this is a warehouse.
Jun 04 20:38:41 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael looks at the lead bird and nods. "My name is michael. We were sent here from outside. Who are you?"
Jun 04 20:39:07 <gumbal1> The crested bird nods, before chirping a few times. "We, are the-"
Jun 04 20:39:12 <DarnellJermaine> If none of the birds take him up on his offer, Omi will sit there content and continue his little break.
Jun 04 20:39:58 <Silvors> "Sloane?" Veshara guesses.
Jun 04 20:41:01 <gumbal1> Suddenly, something switches on the lights, and you can see that lining the walls of the room are several dozen more of the birds. Each of them stares for a few seconds, before opening their beaks and singing, in unison, a perfect audio recreation of the following: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jweCLWgPAU
Jun 04 20:41:37 <UltimixRed> "Thanks Vesh, you are SOOO wise."
Jun 04 20:41:57 <Silvors> "Bitch, I'm fabulous." Veshara states as she floats up and towards the door they came in.
Jun 04 20:42:06 <gumbal1> > INITIATIVE
Jun 04 20:42:11 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 10
Jun 04 20:42:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:42:14 <UltimixRed> r 8
Jun 04 20:42:15 <Inebriated_Lobster> (13)
Jun 04 20:42:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 6 4 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:42:17 <Silvors> r 9
Jun 04 20:42:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 20:42:22 <UltimixRed> (12 Initiative score)
Jun 04 20:42:31 <DarnellJermaine> r 6 better put the pipe away
Jun 04 20:42:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 20:42:36 <DarnellJermaine> (7)
Jun 04 20:42:37 <Silvors> (14 initiative get wrecked)
Jun 04 20:42:51 <Jo‘> r 5
Jun 04 20:42:52 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:42:55 <Jo`> (7)
Jun 04 20:43:42 <gumbal1> r 16
Jun 04 20:43:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:43:45 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:43:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 20:43:47 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:43:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:43:48 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:43:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:43:49 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:43:50 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 20:45:10 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: SLOANE MATRIARCH > SLOANE x4 > VESHARA > MICHAEL > MAYA > OMI > MARIE
Jun 04 20:45:43 <gumbal1> > SLOANE MATRIARCH
Jun 04 20:46:05 <gumbal1> Funnily enough, this one is actually gonna go and start pecking the fuck out of Michael.
Jun 04 20:46:19 <gumbal1> r 12 bd 5 ap 2
Jun 04 20:46:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:46:30 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael buys the succs and dodges
Jun 04 20:46:43 <gumbal1> > SLOANES
Jun 04 20:47:25 <gumbal1> Three of the Sloanes are gonna outright attack the group. The rest begin…chirping?
Jun 04 20:47:38 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 20:47:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 20:47:39 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 20:47:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:47:42 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 20:47:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:47:51 <DarnellJermaine> (which ones attack who?)
Jun 04 20:47:55 <gumbal1> Maya, Omi, and Marie in order.
Jun 04 20:48:23 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 Skedaddle
Jun 04 20:48:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:48:28 <DarnellJermaine> (phew)
Jun 04 20:48:55 <DarnellJermaine> (isn’t 0 successes a crit fail?)
Jun 04 20:49:15 <gumbal1> The first falls on its bird ass.
Jun 04 20:50:01 <UltimixRed> Maya will buy the succ necessary to dodge, intercept at -6 with her free action and buy off the parry for Marie.
Jun 04 20:50:13 <UltimixRed> 4, 2, 4 succs.
Jun 04 20:50:41 <gumbal1> > VESHARA
Jun 04 20:51:26 <Silvors> Veshara goes to fly higher and towards the exit before opening her main eye to focus on the matriarch to keep it from using any special abilities and then as a minor action readies a ranged parry.
Jun 04 20:52:25 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 20:54:20 * Lena|bbiab is now known as Lena
Jun 04 20:55:24 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael uses his free action to move towards the door, activates a power with his minor action, he holds his major action for later.
Jun 04 20:55:44 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists of iron, buff
Jun 04 20:55:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 5 5 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 20:56:01 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+2 brawn 1 round)
Jun 04 20:56:59 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 20:57:02 <UltimixRed> Maya will strike at the closest Sloane so she can stick next to Marie ~Alright gang, i'm not liking our chances to survive these crazy ass monsters. We need to head towards the door.~ and uses their minor action to prep an intercept. (Do tell me if it's parrying or dodging, that's really important.)
Jun 04 20:57:19 <UltimixRed> r 19 Spend 2 effort. (10d0AP)
Jun 04 20:57:20 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Jun 04 20:57:37 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 20:57:37 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 20:57:44 <gumbal1> r 4
Jun 04 20:57:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 4 4 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 20:58:02 <gumbal1> …you cleave the Sloane in half. Another jumps down from the rafters to join its place.
Jun 04 20:58:15 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 20:59:34 <DarnellJermaine> They seem to be outnumbered here, but Omi remains calm. Fear will only give them the advantage. He takes deep breaths, letting his Hamon flow even more powerfully through him as his eyes begin to glow golden and he makes his way forward to the Sloane Matriarch, preparing to unleash a powerful flurry of blows. (Spending all 4 effort)
Jun 04 20:59:43 <DarnellJermaine> r 20 Sunlight Yellow Overdrive
Jun 04 20:59:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 20:59:50 <DarnellJermaine> (bd 5 ap 0)
Jun 04 20:59:59 <gumbal1> r 15 parry
Jun 04 21:00:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 21:00:52 <gumbal1> …Sloane Matriarch is going to use up a minor action to grab Omi's fists by the talon, and toss them into a corner.
Jun 04 21:00:59 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 21:01:27 <UltimixRed> ~If we go in there, we'll all die. Omi if you can, get the fuck out!~
Jun 04 21:01:57 <Jo‘> Marie was going to be moving towards the exit with Marie, Veshara, and Michael, though she does take a shot at the Matriarch as she retreated. There was no fighting them all off in big open warehouse.
Jun 04 21:02:07 <Jo`> r 19 shred 3 effort 5damage vs wp
Jun 04 21:02:08 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Jun 04 21:03:00 <gumbal1> Redact the grapple part.
Jun 04 21:03:43 <gumbal1> r 15
Jun 04 21:03:44 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:03:53 <gumbal1> Wait that was mental.
Jun 04 21:03:57 <gumbal1> r 30
Jun 04 21:03:57 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 30 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
Jun 04 21:04:06 <gumbal1> It isn’t even phased.
Jun 04 21:04:26 <Inebriated_Lobster> Action!
Jun 04 21:04:38 <Inebriated_Lobster> michael uses his major action to bust down the door if he can
Jun 04 21:05:06 <gumbal1> The door is busted!
Jun 04 21:05:11 <gumbal1> > MATRIARCH
Jun 04 21:05:49 <gumbal1> With Omi's fists deflected by the Matriarch's claws, it should come as no surprise that her next action would be a talon attack.
Jun 04 21:06:17 <gumbal1> r 15 bd 7 ap infinite
Jun 04 21:06:18 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:06:41 <DarnellJermaine> Omi seems determined at the moment, courageously moving a fist to parry off the talon
Jun 04 21:06:47 <DarnellJermaine> r 16 Wash the window
Jun 04 21:06:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:07:18 <gumbal1> He's very lucky, isn't he?
Jun 04 21:07:22 <gumbal1> > SLOANES
Jun 04 21:09:17 <gumbal1> Oh, Vesh, you might want to contest right about now.
Jun 04 21:09:58 <Silvors> r 12 (A bit of Focus won't hurt)
Jun 04 21:09:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:10:07 <gumbal1> r 15
Jun 04 21:10:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 21:10:13 <gumbal1> Nothing happens.
Jun 04 21:10:24 <Silvors> Veshara just smiles.
Jun 04 21:11:12 <gumbal1> Two of the Sloanes give the rest of the group chase. One of them gives Omi a nasty-looking gash from behind. The rest begin chirping louder and louder
Jun 04 21:11:25 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 21:11:26 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 21:11:34 <gumbal1> It falls on its ass.
Jun 04 21:11:43 <DarnellJermaine> Omi doesn't even have to parry that one does he?
Jun 04 21:11:55 <gumbal1> > EVERYONE, ROLL MENTAL DEFENSE. THIS IS NOT A COMPULSION CHECK.
Jun 04 21:12:17 <Silvors> r 13 gotta love that focus focus
Jun 04 21:12:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:12:20 <DarnellJermaine> r 8 spending 1 focus
Jun 04 21:12:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:12:25 <gumbal1> r 8
Jun 04 21:12:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:12:32 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 8 focus
Jun 04 21:12:33 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 21:12:34 <Jo‘> r 7 willpower
Jun 04 21:12:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 4 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 21:12:35 <gumbal1> (bd 3)
Jun 04 21:12:49 <UltimixRed> r 15 Willpower
Jun 04 21:12:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Jun 04 21:13:09 <gumbal1> Michael and Marie, roll again.
Jun 04 21:13:15 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 8
Jun 04 21:13:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:13:23 <Jo`> r 7 willpower
Jun 04 21:13:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 5 4 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 21:14:01 <gumbal1> Both of you take three points of psyche damage as the chirping echoes through your minds, tearing at the fabrics within.
Jun 04 21:14:05 <gumbal1> > VESH
Jun 04 21:14:24 <UltimixRed> ~This chirping is almost as deadly as Nickelback!~
Jun 04 21:14:37 <gumbal1> (Actually, that’s 4 for Marie)
Jun 04 21:14:41 <Inebriated_Lobster> 8/11 psyche
Jun 04 21:18:16 <Silvors> Veshara goes to start floating up once she gets outside. "Marie, grab onto me." Veshara states, going to get close to their healer before casting her gaze over the whole room. "No powers, so sayeth the Beholder." Veshara states as she stares into the room. Her minor action is going to be sacrificing 1 psyche to restore 3 focus.
Jun 04 21:18:35 <Silvors> (Switching gaze from single target to AOE)
Jun 04 21:19:46 <Silvors> Actually, scratch that gaze thing. She's going to fire a paralyze ray at the Matriarch.
Jun 04 21:19:55 <Silvors> r 10 (2 focus)
Jun 04 21:19:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 21:20:00 <gumbal1> r 15 parry
Jun 04 21:20:01 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 21:20:12 <gumbal1> It bounces off her talon as she deflects it.
Jun 04 21:20:15 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 21:21:25 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael exits the smashed door with his free action, casts the same power with the minor, and holds his major action.
Jun 04 21:21:35 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 7 fists of iron, buffing
Jun 04 21:21:35 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 5 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 21:21:50 <Inebriated_Lobster> (+1 brawn +2 rounds)
Jun 04 21:21:54 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 21:22:03 <UltimixRed> Any Sloans close enough that Maya could dart in, strike and then still exit?
Jun 04 21:22:23 <gumbal1> Two of them.
Jun 04 21:23:04 <UltimixRed> Maya will go for a strike on the closest, use their minor action to prep an intercept then get the FUCK outta there. "You're pretty good Ravensword, but i'll get you next time!"
Jun 04 21:23:15 <UltimixRed> r 17 (7d0ap)
Jun 04 21:23:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 17 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 21:23:54 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 21:23:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 21:24:04 <gumbal1> Just barely dodges.
Jun 04 21:24:11 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 21:25:04 <DarnellJermaine> Omi continues to glow brilliantly with energy, not even attempting to run. He came here with a job and on his word he intended to finish it. He uses his minor action to crush an HP for 3 effort, then spends the effort with his action to try and land a powerful chop on the Matriarch sloan.
Jun 04 21:25:30 <DarnellJermaine> r 19 get to the choppa
Jun 04 21:25:30 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 10 ]
Jun 04 21:25:37 <DarnellJermaine> (bd5ap0)
Jun 04 21:25:53 <gumbal1> r 15
Jun 04 21:25:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:25:59 <gumbal1> r 5
Jun 04 21:26:00 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 21:26:23 <gumbal1> …you hear a loud crack, as the Sloane screams in pain.
Jun 04 21:26:40 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 21:26:55 <Jo‘> Marie took one last shot at the matriarch, despite her mind being a fucking fortress, before climbing up on Veshara a bit to get a good firm grip on her, holding on for dear life.
Jun 04 21:26:59 * Nemi (seeb.fo.gab.gib|heveraz#seeb.fo.gab.gib|heveraz) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 21:26:59 * ChanServ gives channel operator status to Nemi
Jun 04 21:27:06 <Jo`> r 19 3 effort 5d vs wp
Jun 04 21:27:07 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:27:12 <gumbal1> r 30
Jun 04 21:27:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 30 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 16 ]
Jun 04 21:27:27 <gumbal1> You can almost feel it conceptually bouncing off of it.
Jun 04 21:28:19 <gumbal1> > MATRIARCH
Jun 04 21:28:27 <gumbal1> Wow actually fuck this piece of shit.
Jun 04 21:28:40 <gumbal1> r 15 bd 7 ap infinite
Jun 04 21:28:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Jun 04 21:28:58 <DarnellJermaine> r 16 I will not falter (parry)
Jun 04 21:28:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 21:29:13 <Silvors> (Roll Gaze?)
Jun 04 21:29:34 <gumbal1> (Yes, but the attack still hits)
Jun 04 21:29:38 <Silvors> r 11 That one bit of focus she has left
Jun 04 21:29:38 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:30:47 <UltimixRed> ~Omi you fucking DUMBASS pull out you fucking moron! We’re not having you die for something this stupid. head back to the alleyways. Can't swarm us there.~
Jun 04 21:31:08 <gumbal1> As the claws tear into you, melting through your skin like a hot knife through butter, you can feel the hamon within you flicker, before the current throughout you stops.
Jun 04 21:31:19 <DarnellJermaine> (wait but I survived)
Jun 04 21:31:20 <gumbal1> "Useless. Useless. Useless."
Jun 04 21:31:26 <DarnellJermaine> (cuz but it refused)
Jun 04 21:31:34 <gumbal1> (yeah but the current stops)
Jun 04 21:31:38 <DarnellJermaine> (oh roger)
Jun 04 21:31:44 <gumbal1> (you need to roll dr before damage can be calculated)
Jun 04 21:32:02 <DarnellJermaine> (it has infinite ap)
Jun 04 21:32:37 <gumbal1> (wait does ap pierce vitality too)
Jun 04 21:32:46 <UltimixRed> (normally yeah?)
Jun 04 21:32:52 <DarnellJermaine> (oh, what do I roll?)
Jun 04 21:33:01 <UltimixRed> (though if this one doesn't ain't gonna complain)
Jun 04 21:33:05 <gumbal1> (normal dr)
Jun 04 21:33:13 <Inebriated_Lobster> (so just cancels armor?)
Jun 04 21:33:18 <gumbal1> (yee)
Jun 04 21:33:18 <DarnellJermaine> r 8
Jun 04 21:33:19 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 21:33:26 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 if vitality
Jun 04 21:33:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 21:33:43 <gumbal1> That's seven points of damage as it nearly disembowls you.
Jun 04 21:33:53 <gumbal1> > SLOANES
Jun 04 21:33:59 <DarnellJermaine> (so I didn't use but it refused yet?)
Jun 04 21:34:05 <gumbal1> Actually wait, it's 8
Jun 04 21:34:24 <DarnellJermaine> (it is? he reduced by 1 tho)
Jun 04 21:34:35 <DarnellJermaine> ( so 7 + 1 - 1 )
Jun 04 21:34:41 <gumbal1> (fuck you're right)
Jun 04 21:34:57 <gumbal1> The two chasing the group both seem to go for Marie.
Jun 04 21:35:14 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite #1
Jun 04 21:35:15 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:35:17 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite #2
Jun 04 21:35:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 21:35:24 <Inebriated_Lobster> Michael intercepts the second one
Jun 04 21:35:40 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 9
Jun 04 21:35:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:35:52 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 15 parry
Jun 04 21:35:53 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 21:36:03 <gumbal1> You take the hit instead, parrying like a champ.
Jun 04 21:36:07 <UltimixRed> Maya will intercept and parry the first attack with 4 bought succs.
Jun 04 21:36:19 <gumbal1> > ROLL PERCEPTION, MAYA
Jun 04 21:36:40 <UltimixRed> r 2 too engrossed
Jun 04 21:36:40 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
Jun 04 21:37:17 <gumbal1> Another feint. It takes the opportunity to slash against you, instead.
Jun 04 21:37:36 <UltimixRed> with the same roll?
Jun 04 21:37:37 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite +4 succ
Jun 04 21:37:38 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 21:37:49 <UltimixRed> Maya buys a dodge
Jun 04 21:37:56 <UltimixRed> 4 succ
Jun 04 21:39:11 <gumbal1> With 7 total succ, it would still hit
Jun 04 21:40:20 <UltimixRed> r 6
Jun 04 21:40:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 5 4 4 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 21:42:30 <gumbal1> The one near Omi attacks once more.
Jun 04 21:42:46 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 21:42:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 3 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 21:43:25 <DarnellJermaine> r 16 Martial Arts Parry
Jun 04 21:43:25 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 11 ]
Jun 04 21:44:07 <gumbal1> You parry the S H I T out of that Sloane, holy fuck.
Jun 04 21:44:17 <gumbal1> Meanwhile, the Sloanes suddenly stop chirping.
Jun 04 21:44:23 <gumbal1> > VESHARA
Jun 04 21:44:44 <Silvors> Veshara goes to look at the slowly dying Omi and fires a ray at him to tractor beam him out of the room as she flies up with Marie on her back and Omi in her beam. "Sorry, space on our flight is limited," She shouts to the rest of them. (Omi can try to avoid the ray if he wants to die)
Jun 04 21:44:56 <DarnellJermaine> He will try to avoid the ray
Jun 04 21:45:07 <DarnellJermaine> is that a dodge roll?
Jun 04 21:45:16 <Silvors> Dodge or soak
Jun 04 21:45:22 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 Dodge the ray
Jun 04 21:45:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 5 4 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 21:45:24 <Silvors> r 10
Jun 04 21:45:24 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 21:46:04 <Silvors> Minor action will be sacrificing a psyche for Focus and a swear then. "Fucking idiot."Jun 04 21:47:37 <Silvors> Veshara goes to start floating up. Fuck it.
Jun 04 21:47:49 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 21:49:37 <Inebriated_Lobster> Now that he is outside, he is going to use his free action to head for the back alleys, making his way back to the ranger. he holds major action
Jun 04 21:49:50 <Inebriated_Lobster> minor prepped for intercept
Jun 04 21:50:10 <gumbal1> There's still the matter of the iron gate you all crossed before. Hope you're good at climbing!
Jun 04 21:50:27 <Inebriated_Lobster> major action to bust the iron gate with power
Jun 04 21:50:47 <gumbal1> > roll that p-p-p-p-p-p-power
Jun 04 21:50:48 <Inebriated_Lobster> r 8 ferrokinesis 1 focus 1 remaining.
Jun 04 21:50:48 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster: [ 6 6 6 5 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:51:00 <gumbal1> Holy fuck do you buss that gate right open.
Jun 04 21:51:03 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 21:52:09 <UltimixRed> Maya is going to also follow the others ~Omi, you either go with us or have fun fighting a veritable army.~ prepping an intercept with their minor action, and use their major to summon another cutlass. (+2d for 2 hits) "Nice one Micheal! Run forest run!"
Jun 04 21:52:30 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 21:54:16 <DarnellJermaine> Despite being almost gored, Omi still gets up and stands strong, even as his Hamon current weakens and nearly ceases. His face remains calm and determined as ever. ~I appreciate the sentiment friend, but giving up isn't in my blood~ he goes to strike with a kick at the matriarch sloane, shouting loudly, "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"
Jun 04 21:54:22 <DarnellJermaine> r 16 Sendo Wave Kick minus the Sendo
Jun 04 21:54:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 21:54:29 <DarnellJermaine> (bd 5 ap 0)
Jun 04 21:54:54 <gumbal1> r 15
Jun 04 21:54:54 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
Jun 04 21:55:01 <DarnellJermaine> (damn it bobby)
Jun 04 21:55:31 <gumbal1> Deflected anticlimactically. "God dang it Bobby! I'm gonna kick your ass!"
Jun 04 21:55:36 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 21:56:18 <Jo‘> Marie clung to Veshara as Michael and Maya kept the crows off of her. She reached out one hand, blood flowing right through the skin and shooting out across the room towards Omi. That blood coiled around him and seeped into his wounds, closing them up, to an extent. She sighed, shaking her head. "We cannot save him if he does not wish to be saved." (minor:3 effort for 1 health,
Jun 04 21:56:18 <Jo`> Major:Mend Wounds)
Jun 04 21:56:26 <Jo`> r 19 2 effort 1health per hit
Jun 04 21:56:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Jun 04 21:56:36 <Jo`> (3 effort sorry)
Jun 04 21:56:58 <gumbal1> Well, he’s all healed up, at least.
Jun 04 21:57:04 <gumbal1> > SLOANE MATRIARCH
Jun 04 21:57:16 <gumbal1> Let's see how long that lasts.
Jun 04 21:57:44 <gumbal1> r 18 bd 7 ap infinite 3 effort for 1 hp
Jun 04 21:57:45 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 18 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 21:58:23 <DarnellJermaine> Omi buys the successes to parry, knocking the matriarch's talon out of the way once more, "No matter how many times you strike at me, I will not falter. As the next grandmaster of the Hamon Temple, I demand you cease and retreat or all be slaughtered" there's a firmness behind his voice as he speaks.
Jun 04 21:58:40 <gumbal1> > ???
Jun 04 22:00:04 <gumbal1> Something suddenly appears in the air. A…human? No, they're covered in blackened feathers, and have a beak at that. Wearing what look to be ceremonial robes with a catholic aesthetic, and holding a scepter with a gator skull atop it.
Jun 04 22:00:09 <gumbal1> > SLOANES
Jun 04 22:00:40 <gumbal1> The two Sloanes are still giving chase, though they chose to go for Maya this time.
Jun 04 22:00:46 <UltimixRed> "Welp, it's a dude who CONTROLS magic birds, of fucking course!"
Jun 04 22:00:55 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 22:00:56 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 22:00:57 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite
Jun 04 22:00:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 22:01:20 <UltimixRed> Maya tap dances around both of them while keeping an eye on hot topic up there.
Jun 04 22:01:29 <UltimixRed> buy 4 succ both times
Jun 04 22:01:38 <gumbal1> And one for the piece of shit who never learns.
Jun 04 22:01:45 <DarnellJermaine> <3
Jun 04 22:01:46 <gumbal1> r 11 bd 5 ap infinite omi
Jun 04 22:01:47 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:01:59 <gumbal1> > Veshara
Jun 04 22:02:02 <DarnellJermaine> Omi buys the successes and easily parries the Sloan out of the way. "I already said- you cannot defeat me"
Jun 04 22:03:21 <Silvors> Veshara looks at them all and then does the obvious solution. She flies up higher, going a good ten meters above the ground, before she starts firing her disintegration laser at the building, aiming for any parts that seem more load-bearing.
Jun 04 22:03:53 <gumbal1> You hit the roof and make a hole in it. A+ work.
Jun 04 22:03:59 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 22:04:00 <Silvors> Noice. Maybe the rubble did something.
Jun 04 22:04:38 <Silvors> Veshara continued going forward, obviously.
Jun 04 22:05:12 * gumbal1 has changed the topic to: SLOANE MATRIARCH > PROPHET OF THE ABYNION > SLOANE x4 > VESHARA > MICHAEL > MAYA > OMI > MARIE
Jun 04 22:05:33 * Inebriated_Lobster_ (ten.tsacmoc.aw.0dsh.35-49-082-81-c|detairbenI#ten.tsacmoc.aw.0dsh.35-49-082-81-c|detairbenI) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:06:39 * Inebriated_Lobster has quit (Read error: Operation timed out)
Jun 04 22:09:23 <Inebriated_Lobster_> Michael will hold his major action, and use his free action to keep moving out of town via back alleys. preps minor for intercept
Jun 04 22:09:40 <gumbal1> Michael, make a freedom of movement check.
Jun 04 22:09:57 <Inebriated_Lobster_> r 9
Jun 04 22:09:58 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for Inebriated_Lobster_: [ 6 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 22:10:20 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 22:10:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:10:30 <gumbal1> …you are able to outrun these things.
Jun 04 22:11:29 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 22:12:42 <UltimixRed> Maya will prep her minor action for interception, and use her major action to run the fuck away. "We'll meet again Mr.Hot Topic, but not today!"
Jun 04 22:12:53 <UltimixRed> r 7 spend 1 effort
Jun 04 22:12:53 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Jun 04 22:12:55 <UltimixRed> r 6
Jun 04 22:12:55 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for UltimixRed: [ 6 6 5 4 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 22:12:59 <gumbal1> r 13
Jun 04 22:12:59 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 22:13:16 <gumbal1> It cant attack you next turn, but you're not out of the woods yet.
Jun 04 22:13:28 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 22:14:03 <DarnellJermaine> Thanks to Marie's heal, Omi can feel the Hamon flowly freely through him once more as his eyes begun to glow and the currents rush through. He uses a minor action to squash his hp for effort and goes for a series of fast but calculated punches
Jun 04 22:14:07 * JackofKnights has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
Jun 04 22:14:10 <DarnellJermaine> r 19 Sunlight Yellow Overdrive
Jun 04 22:14:11 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 9 ]
Jun 04 22:14:16 <gumbal1> r 15
Jun 04 22:14:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 22:14:18 <DarnellJermaine> (bd 5 ap 0)
Jun 04 22:14:22 <gumbal1> r 5
Jun 04 22:14:23 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:14:36 <gumbal1> Wow, this thing's being beaten bloody.
Jun 04 22:14:41 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 22:14:49 <DarnellJermaine> (can he also talk real quick?)
Jun 04 22:14:58 <gumbal1> (talking is a free action)
Jun 04 22:15:11 <UltimixRed> (Remember he also has telepathy on still)
Jun 04 22:15:16 <Jo‘> Marie focused a bit more of her will and looked down on the birb chasing Maya, laucnhing an attack down on the creature’s mind. (1 wound for 3effort)
Jun 04 22:15:16 <DarnellJermaine> "Floating man, tell me who you are and what you're doing here. Are you a friend or a foe? I only wish to complete my mission"
Jun 04 22:15:27 <Jo‘> r 19 shred 3 effort 5d vs wp
Jun 04 22:15:27 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Jo`: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
Jun 04 22:15:41 <gumbal1> r 24
Jun 04 22:15:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 24 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
Jun 04 22:15:45 <gumbal1> r 8
Jun 04 22:15:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 22:16:11 <gumbal1> While it doesn’t keel over, you do manage to stop it long enough for Maya to get away.
Jun 04 22:16:29 <gumbal1> > SLOANE MATRIARCH
Jun 04 22:17:10 <gumbal1> Yeah, no, it's not about to die yet. The thing is gonna flee the other direction…and attempt to climb the wall with its talons. Roll movement if you want to keep up with it.
Jun 04 22:17:14 <gumbal1> r 14
Jun 04 22:17:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 22:17:27 <DarnellJermaine> Omi will let it run away, still remaining calm and looking up at the floating man.
Jun 04 22:17:49 <gumbal1> The floating thing's mouth doesn't move, but you can hear a few words emenating from its general direction.
Jun 04 22:17:57 <gumbal1> > PROPHET OF THE ABYNION
Jun 04 22:18:50 <gumbal1> "The pleasant, the painful, the darkness, is greatful, allow me, to let you, into, the-"
Jun 04 22:19:16 <gumbal1> r 20 And suddenly, it moves to whisper something into your ear (BD 7 AP Psyche)
Jun 04 22:19:16 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 22:19:46 <DarnellJermaine> r 8 spending 1 focus Willpower
Jun 04 22:19:46 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:20:16 <gumbal1> Roll again.
Jun 04 22:20:31 <DarnellJermaine> r 8 spending last focus
Jun 04 22:20:31 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Jun 04 22:21:25 <gumbal1> You can't quite recall the secret it imparted upon you. But whatever it is, it hurt, hard. -6 Psyche. Thankfully, you become immune to this attack in the future!
Jun 04 22:24:39 <gumbal1> > SLOANES
Jun 04 22:24:46 <gumbal1> All of them have backed off now.
Jun 04 22:25:55 <DarnellJermaine> "Floating man. Please, there is no need for violence or dark secrets or hatred" he pulls his pipe out from his robe once more, "Will you just sit here with me and talk?"
Jun 04 22:27:29 <gumbal1> "Space between, we're on 12 to none on bringing on the scene. Guillotine, for the dark things that infest the inbetween."
Jun 04 22:27:33 <gumbal1> > MICHAEL
Jun 04 22:28:08 <DarnellJermaine> "I see, your mind has already slipped. I am sorry to hear, but I must bid you farewell. If you wish to live, do not pursue me further"
Jun 04 22:28:49 * JackofKnights (ten.nhb.ser.32-74-569-289|ginKfokcaJ#ten.nhb.ser.32-74-569-289|ginKfokcaJ) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:29:21 <Inebriated_Lobster_> Michael will use his free action to continue out of town, hold the major action and minor actions
Jun 04 22:30:02 <Silvors> Veshara's just going to book it, eyestalks coiled around Marie to hold the girl tight like a seatbelt as the flew as fast as her little frail body could.
Jun 04 22:30:03 <gumbal1> > VESH I'M SORRY IT'S LIKE 10:30
Jun 04 22:30:05 <Silvors> Veshara's just going to book it, eyestalks coiled around Marie to hold the girl tight like a seatbelt as the flew as fast as her little frail body could.
Jun 04 22:30:16 <gumbal1> Since she's flying she doesn't have to roll.
Jun 04 22:30:19 <gumbal1> > MAYA
Jun 04 22:30:43 <UltimixRed> Maya will use her major action to run like hell after Micheal , and use the minor to burn an hp to gain 3 effort
Jun 04 22:30:55 <gumbal1> > OMI
Jun 04 22:31:41 <DarnellJermaine> Before slipping away, Omi lightly taps the man with just two fingers, "I shall leave you with a parting gift" charging a large amount of Hamon into him to cast Dilate before moving to retreat.
Jun 04 22:31:49 <DarnellJermaine> r 9 Dilate
Jun 04 22:31:49 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 9 D6 against 5 for DarnellJermaine: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Jun 04 22:32:42 <gumbal1> r 12
Jun 04 22:32:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:33:19 <gumbal1> Wow this sucks.
Jun 04 22:33:22 <gumbal1> > MARIE
Jun 04 22:34:04 <Jo‘> Marie will just be riding Veshara off into the sunset on Veshara.
Jun 04 22:34:13 <Jo`> (too many Vesharas)
Jun 04 22:34:30 <UltimixRed> ~Careful there Marie, Iris might get jealous!~
Jun 04 22:35:13 <gumbal1> > SLOANE MATRIARCH CONTINUES CLIMBINB UP THE WALL
Jun 04 22:35:16 <gumbal1> > PROPHET
Jun 04 22:35:34 * Test_ (op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD#op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:35:45 * Test_ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Jun 04 22:36:39 <gumbal1> "Fearless, sensations that you can’t debate." The profit stays right where they are. "No squealin', remember-" The last part is nearly cut out as it casts some sort of spell. "-this is free real estate."
Jun 04 22:36:41 <gumbal1> r 12
Jun 04 22:36:41 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Jun 04 22:36:42 <gumbal1> r 12
Jun 04 22:36:42 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 22:36:53 * Test_ (op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD#op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:36:53 <gumbal1> Roll will, Omi.
Jun 04 22:37:03 <DarcellJermaine> R 7
Jun 04 22:37:16 * Test_ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Jun 04 22:37:21 <DarcellJermaine> r 7
Jun 04 22:37:21 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for DarcellJermaine: [ 6 6 6 6 6 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
Jun 04 22:37:55 <gumbal1> A square appears, blasting the surroudnings with a dark purple energy…but it misses entirely.
Jun 04 22:38:08 <gumbal1> > IF OMI'S STILL RUNNING, COMBAT ENDED
Jun 04 22:38:23 * Test_ (op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD#op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:38:30 <DarcellJermaine> (Woo!)
Jun 04 22:38:45 * Test_ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Jun 04 22:38:48 * DarnellJermaine has quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
Jun 04 22:39:06 <gumbal1> i can't believe there's a serious, IC reason for me to unironically use "free real estate" in dialogue
Jun 04 22:39:12 <UltimixRed> ~ok, we can't do this as we our now, fighting off a platoon and weird magic guy is not in our books. we grab the ranger and ask for an evac.~ Maya says as they run.
Jun 04 22:39:24 <Silvors> "Why don't I just bombard the warehouse from the sky?"
Jun 04 22:39:38 <Silvors> Veshara asks Marie as she keeps flying towards the Ranger.
Jun 04 22:39:48 <DarcellJermaine> ~I'm on my way out. The man simply could not be reasoned with. Where are we meeting?~
Jun 04 22:39:53 * Test_ (op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD#op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:40:16 * Test_ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Jun 04 22:40:26 <Jo‘> "We might just piss them off more. Why risk bringing them all out after us? LEt’s get back and bring in those more suited to deal with this"
Jun 04 22:40:42 <Inebriated_Lobster_> Michel stays with Maya, and radios back to the school requsting evac
Jun 04 22:40:43 <gumbal1> Is that it, then?
Jun 04 22:41:23 * Test_ (op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD#op.iqx.701.42|reJllenraD) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Jun 04 22:41:45 * Test_ has quit (Remote host closed the connection)
Jun 04 22:42:05 <gumbal1> ~RUN COMPLETED~
Jun 04 22:42:08 <gumbal1> ~4 XP~
Jun 04 22:42:17 <gumbal1> ~$200~
Jun 04 22:42:22 <gumbal1> ~FIN~

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License