Aiko Training August

<Kioku> Aiko's spent a while trying to comfort Wendy and take her mind off the missing Jace… all while hunting for clues. She hasn't resorted to pulling the school's camera footage quite yet - they don't like when she does that, if they find out - but she's coming close to trying it, after only a day. Still, Wendy's well-being is more important than the case, and hopefully they have time to figure it out. \I need something that'll really
<Kioku> distract her, something new enough… I've been wanting to try /that/ actually, maybe it's time?\ She rolls on her side and keeps petting Wendy's hair, but holds her closer. "Sorry… not much to go on yet, but we'll get it."
<SavanahHolland> Wendy has her face buried in Aiko's neck, only having cried a /few/ times today, a new record! Her arms wrapped around the girl as she breathes shallowly. "It's alright.. I trust you.."
<Kioku> Aiko bites her lip and hugs tighter. \She seems so fragile right now, even though I know she's so strong… I need to help her find that strength of heart again.\ "I won't leave you out of the loop, you know. I know how much this all means to you."
<SavanahHolland> Wendy squeezes Aiko a bit, nodding softly "I.. know.. thank you so much for helping me.." she sniffles a little, just glad to have Aiko as a close friend, she really hoped Aiko could shed some light on the disappearence of one of the few she cared most about.
<Kioku> "What kind of friend would I be if I weren't here for you now, when you need me?" Aiko clicks her tongue. "Come on. It'll take some time before a good chance comes up to pursue this any more. Let me help take your mind off things? There's something I'd like to show you, if you'd let me…"

  • TeslaTornado (Zach@2604:6000:1115:sgul:hjgg:hwxj:ivwz:rhmr) has joined

<SavanahHolland> Wendy Nadias a little into Aiko's shoulder before removing it, looking her in the ey- err blindfold. "If you'd be comfortable with showing me what it is.. I don't mind.." she manages a small smile to the girl.
<SavanahHolland> *nods
<Kioku> "Okay. Gotta lay down, preferably on your back. Get comfortable. Have you ever wondered what I see with computers and cameras and all that?"

  • Supporb is now known as Endorb

<SavanahHolland> Wendy blinks a little, then moves over to lay on her back on the futon. Glancing over to Aiko with slight confusion on her features. "Sometimes.. why?"
<Kioku> Aiko smiles and lays on her back too. "Here's your chance to find out." She puts a hand on Wendy's far cheek and leans so that the sides of their heads are touching. "Might take a minute, I haven't really done this before. Can't do it if you don't want me to."
<SavanahHolland> Wendy lets her do it, she was only a little nervous, but she honestly did trust Aiko, she wouldn't do it if she thought there would be danger involved. She smiles a little, of course the smile obviously nervous. "Alright.. I trust you.."
<Kioku> It does indeed take about a minute, but then it's like a sudden shift of perspective. "Keep calm, just means it's working. I won't let anything happen to you." \There's nothing that /could/ happen to her unless someone breaks into the room, and we'd both know if that happened.\ What Wendy sees is complete darkness, but every other sense seems more receptive. The smells are stronger, the sounds clearer, the feel of fabric on skin
<Kioku> and the pressure of what they're laying on against their backs. All of her senses are, for now, overlain by Aiko's. "It's just the first step. Gotta finish adapting… there." Suddenly there's a new sense, hard to describe but somewhat like a tingling all throughout your head.
<SavanahHolland> Wendy does her best not to panic, though she looks a little like she could panic at any second, her breathing going a little faster as she calms herself down. She slowly moves a hand up, trying to get it to rest on her forehead.
<Kioku> The perspective of sight shifts again and finally isn't blank, but instead… the best way to describe it would be to say it's filled with streams of code in very tiny writing, spread all over. "There. We're linked to one of the webcams in this room now. This… this is what it looks like, to me."
<SavanahHolland> Wendy tries her best to try to look through the data, trying to understand it, trying to use it to see into the room. "How.. do you 'see' with this..?" she asks
<Kioku> "Very quickly," Aiko giggles. "Here, I think I can translate it for you. Show you what I /understand/ from it rather than what I actually see." Pixel by pixel, over the course of a half second or so, the view becomes an actual image, the live footage of what the webcam sees, the two of them laying on the futon across from it. "Better?"

  • UltimixRed has quit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)

<SavanahHolland> Wendy tries to blink in reality, looking through the computer, she finds a small headache coming on.. it was all so much to take in.. "Better." she says to the girl.
<Kioku> Aiko giggles again. "I'm really hoping that with a bit of practice, I'll be able to give people VR this way, sort of. I've been thinking of designing and programming a game like the ones in those anime, where you have to go full dive or something and you control the game like you'd control your body. If I can bridge people for that and translate the commands… or maybe even create an artifact that would do so, that would be even
<Kioku> better…"

  • Soulless has quit (Quit: I can do good wordcraft when awake, but my best stories are told through dreams.)

<SavanahHolland> Wendy moves to pull Aiko into a hug, still trying to stay on her back like orignally instructed, ignoring the small headache on account of Aiko's super adorable giggle. "That actually sounds really cool.. I don't play video games all that much.. but if I could control my body I think I would probably be better…"
<Kioku> "Well it wouldn't have to be just that. But it's one possible application that I think it'd go far in. Maybe I'll come up with a way to recreate crime scenes too…" Aiko hugs back. The video flickers a little as she tries to maintain enough contact and keep it going, and it probably feels pretty odd since Wendy would still be getting Aiko's sense of touch during the hug instead of her own, though hers would still be there at about
<Kioku> 10%. "Feeling alright so far? I could show you something else, or we could look around campus. Might be best to keep this short I guess though, since first time trying it…"

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License