Sometimes I tell myself that these wild fires never stop burning. But I'm the one who starts them. Not G-d. Not them.
Name: Leah Vardi Nasser
Aliases: Leah, Lee, AndreRelatable (social media)
XP Unspent/Total: 0/164
Brief Description: A stocky, muscular girl with a chill demeanor and seething self-hatred.
Appearance: Leah is an Iranian-American Jewish girl of about 5'8'', 185 lbs, with a stocky, muscular build. Her brown skin is often marked with drawings, much of which appear to be simple ward patterns. Her black hair is cut short. Her eyes are brown, and she usually wears (allegedly warded) contacts. Much of her wardrobe consists of clothes with geometric patterns in the shapes of common wards.
Personality: Minus the absurd criminal offense record, Leah is your typical Florida native.
Overall, she gives the impression of being pretty chill, not really being bothered by anything short of assault/jackhammer level noise distractions. She's pretty easygoing when it comes to most things (aside from academics, though that might be her present circumstances), generally being
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes: Leah would describe herself as a renaissance woman. Track, painting, audiovisual media, gymnastics, professional chefery, (semi)professional exorcism, there's many fields she's dipped her toes into, and there'll be many fields in the future, too.
Leah enjoys working out, surreal 70s/80s television, and drawing. Her favorite food overall is probably lamb-stuffed grape leaves, like her grandma makes. She loves dogs, and wants to adopt one some day. Her favorite music genre is prog rock.
Anyone who'd hurt children is basically on Leah's shitlist. Aside from that, she has a healthy dislike of proselytizers, gentrifying hipsters, cops, roaches, and telemarketers. Hella allergic to sesame.
Vitality Total: 10
Reflex Total: 10
Willpower Total: 3 (+ 5 for non possession, perturbation based defense)
Parry Roll: 0
Mundane DR: 5 (7)
Ability DR: 6
Equipped: Her fists and wits.
- Gymnastics - (6) Finesse
- Knowledge of Anomalous - (4) Acuity
- Mental Resistance - (5) Resolve
- Bluffing - (4) Charisma
- Reflexes - (6) Finesse
- Vitality - (6) Brawn
Rotten to the Core - 6 Power
Sometimes the best solution to an incurable and nightmarishly horrifying family curse is to channel its power to suck up the spiritual energy around you!
Emerson, Lake, & Palmer Series - # Powers
- ACT 1: Spiritual energy transfer - 5
- ACT 2: Spiritual energy conversion - 9
- ACT 3: Soul access - 9
- I won't let that happen anymore. (6)
- Martial Expertise (4)
- Resistant Body I (2)
IRO'S CURSE (-5):
- Family Curse (Severe): Great-grandma Rivka did not properly think through her fight with Iro, and her descendants have generally suffered since. Leah is extremely, extremely weak to the presence of passing spirits, to the point that walking around in high-stress environments is highly unsafe. -5 check to resisting spirit possession or autofail if Leah is not wearing wards, and gms can force add a -2 penalty at will whenever Leah performs actions in an environment that experienced a period of great suffering. Spirits can automatically detect this weakness.
- Emerson, Lake, & Palmer Requiem (Severe): It is perfectly possible for ELP to break from Leah's direct control and perform actions that, while Leah technically wants, go against what she intends for the situation. Having your Id take control does that to you.
- The Stand is the Reflection of the User (Ability Shortcoming): The easiest way for Leah to focus her Emerson, Lake, & Palmer skills is to pretend that her powers are the work of her very own stand, a la JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. As such, sometimes, when using the skill, a blue energy figure will physically manifest, the likelihood being higher the higher the act is. Not only is this energy inefficient, attacks directed at the figure will cause Leah's vitality stealing powers to go haywire, draining energy from her own body. As such, damage to these figure synchronizes with Leah.
- First a Power, Now a Reflex (Flavor/Ability Shortcoming): Leah's used her powers so much that she's built spiritual stress grooves in her body to reflect the path stolen/transferred vitality takes. Unfortunately, this means its rather easy to use the rotting powers on accident. Under heavy emotional duress, Leah may find herself accidently rotting her surroundings or, more commonly, herself. This typically manifests as fingernails blackened from rot, though under certain circumstances, this could potentially spread to other parts of Leah's body.
- Cold, Colder, Colder Still (???): Leah's body temperature is dropping…
Total Currency: $1875 CAD
- Phone with case (warded)
- Wallet (warded)
- Backpack (you better believe that's warded)
- Student ID
- Purse full of ward materials
- Contacts (warded)
- Insulin (warded, you wouldn't believe what the Dust Eaters will do to possess someone)
- Glass promise ring
- A small wooden mannequin
- Laptop (warded)
- Cooking supplies
- Gym clothes
- Prog Rock posters
- Art supplies
- A shitton of sketches
- VHS tapes of the Timothy Andre Show, a shitty talk show that ran on Diane Public Access from the late 70s to the early 80s.
- Gift basket from fall dance (suck it, Daniel!)
- Mason jars full of accumulated sin residue, taped shut. (Thanks, ELP Act 4!)
- Jars full of accumulated emotional residue. (Thanks, Act 3 and 4!)
XP and Advancement
List what you've improved with XP since character creation.
30 xp: 2 Brawn, 1 Finesse, 1 Acuity
18 xp: Reflexes 6, Vitality 6
114 xp: RTTC 1, ELP1 5, ELP2 9, ELP3 9
2 xp: Resistant Body 1
List sources of XP and their amounts given.
Additional InformationBibliography / History:
Interpersonal Relationships: Optional, but encouraged once some are built with other characters!
- Oh man, I thought this school'd be full of emo losers, but that Keef guy's pretty cool, knows who Timothy Andre is and everything. I should hang out with him some more.
- Where the hell did you disappear to? Why did you leave without a word?
- Akemi cannot be trusted.
- I'm an idiot.
- Turns out she's really fucking nice.
- Mad is a good person, and after what happened at the girl scout thing, I'm pretty sure she's one of the few people with the right to wax philosophical about our imprisonment.
- *incoherent scribbling*
- Maybe next time I can not be an idiot about this sort of thing. Fuck, I'm so sorry.
- Well…things are better?
- literally how do I manage to fuck this up every time
- I really, really, really, from the bottom of my heart, hope you're okay, and that everything will end up working out. Please just…I'm not giving up where I am, so don't give up where you are, alright? ]
- I am really fucking glad you're back because honestly you're one of the best friends I've ever had.
- Oh my g-d.
- Oh my fucking g-d.—
- Oh my g-d?
- *extremely incoherent scribbling*
- Why must things become so complicated? You wanted so much, but all I ever wanted was the friend. I'm sorry.
- I think I'm starting to notice a pattern here. At least everyone's happy.
- Daniel's the best friend I could ask for, in the sense that I'm too lazy to ask for better ones.
- Ellie's like, amazing. Smart, charismatic, stupidly attractive. I'm kinda jealous, really.
- Amazing friend. Angels for life.
- *semi coherent scribbling* and you're amazing and wonderful and always there for me and you're absolutely hilarious did I ever tell you I should and like when I'm around you I feel really fucking calm for once and it's wonderful and also you're really *coherence ends here*
- I fucking love you. <3
- *page ink-stained, crumpled, slightly wet*
- You and me, Ellie, we can get through anything.
- I had the weirdest adventure the other day.
- Morgan, I'm sorry about what happened, really.
- Athene's p cool, I guess. Kinda weird, though, like…a middle school version of me.
- i'm sorry.