Imugis Guitar

Feb 24 20:32:39 <gumbal1> ~Of course I think about what I've done. How can't I, when it moves beneath my feet, makes the earth tremble with every motion?~
Feb 24 20:33:22 <gumbal1> The intercom turns on. <Uh, any students willing to tackle geological and biological enigmas? There's money in it for you.>
Feb 24 20:34:23 <Nemi> Geological and biological mysteries? That sounds like something Ellie'd be interested in in general, nevermind the money.
Feb 24 20:34:23 <gumbal1> <…fuck, okay. Report to the briefing room.>
Feb 24 20:34:54 <Nemi> * Ellie makes her way there!
Feb 24 20:34:56 <SpookyBee> Margo, having little to do, reports to said briefing room! She's been on the campus grounds, and has little to do these days…
Feb 24 20:35:44 <Silvors> Fei didn't hear the intercom, but her bugs did pick up on its bassy tones but a few flies spotted people in the briefing room and others heading so she decided 'fuck it' and went to make her way there. After putting on her spidersilk suit and grabbing her gun, of course.
Feb 24 20:37:03 <Nemi> * Ellie is Ellie- she's dressed well, her hair's fantastic, and she's got a nice brown leather satchel over an arm with her various field goodies inside.
Feb 24 20:37:32 <gumbal1> Some dweeby looking intern, probably filling in for someone else, appears to be manning the desks, looking over the files he'd been given before everyone enters. "Oh! Hey. Uh…yeah, well, um…well, there's been…reports of some troubles in the Mojave desert…wait, do I start now, or…I don't know how all this goes, sorry!"
Feb 24 20:38:05 <Antichthon> Wow, the staff they've had announcing these missions had been real professional lately. Athene was the last to show up, because she had to get Mary to babysit BallLisa. And apologize profusely to BallLisa for leaving her side. And kiss her goodbye. And then return after a few minutes to apologize again and hug and give her another kiss. Athene arrived at the briefing room, wiping
Feb 24 20:38:05 <Antichthon> away a tear, but was soon all business. "What sort of trouble?"
Feb 24 20:38:22 <Antichthon> Ellie received a bright smile. Always good to have her on a mission.
Feb 24 20:39:01 <Nemi> "Well.. We're all here," Ellie says to the intern, gently. "Go ahead, please. So, the Mojave.." Ellie gives Athene a grin.
Feb 24 20:39:23 <Silvors> Fei rose her hand and pulled a notecard out of her pants (she was wearing her silk bodysuit under clothes of course) and flashed it at the intern. It read <DEAF>
Feb 24 20:40:02 <Antichthon> Oh, right. Deaf. "Ellie, you want to 'translate' for Fei, or should I?"
Feb 24 20:40:26 <SpookyBee> All Margo carries is her greatsword, and a long, dense chain wrapped around one arm and ending in a thick sphere gripped in an armored fist. "I have heard the name Mojave in a modern media-form… But I have never been there. I hope it is as rife with danger as many… 'Redditors' promise it is."
Feb 24 20:40:47 <Nemi> * Ellie nods. She pivots to Fei and smiles, a little tendril of herself worming into Fei's hindbrain. < Hi. I'm Ellie. Do you mind overmuch if I let you 'hear'? >
Feb 24 20:41:29 <Antichthon> "Didn't that one Fallout game take place there?"
Feb 24 20:41:38 <gumbal1> "Right, um…since this is everyone, uh…few towns in the area, Baker, Primm, some reservations, have been reporting, er, tremors. In the earth. Few others seem to have reported, uh, seeing things. Giant, worm-like creatures."
Feb 24 20:42:02 <Silvors> <I'd prefer you not putting bits of yourself into me, but sure.> Fei could've just piggy backed off of someone else's senses but, well, she wasn't going to bother.
Feb 24 20:42:14 <Nemi> "Like Tremors? The movie?"
Feb 24 20:42:25 <Nemi> * Ellie gives Fei a wry look.
Feb 24 20:42:44 <Antichthon> "I never saw that movie. Any good?"
Feb 24 20:42:53 <Nemi> * "Cheesy but fun."
Feb 24 20:43:20 <gumbal1> "Hehe…never seen it." The intern gives a bit of a downcast look. "Anywa-" Blink blink. "…do any of you even know how to drive? At all? This…might affect who all we need to send."
Feb 24 20:43:25 <Silvors> "If there are giant worms, I'm stealing one."
Feb 24 20:43:42 <SpookyBee> "There were great beasts called Sand Wyrms, in my time… Like small dragons with no limbs, that fed on desert merchants."
Feb 24 20:43:55 <Silvors> Fei raises her hand. She knows how to drive, she had been doing it illegally for years.
Feb 24 20:44:16 <Antichthon> "…we're going to need a truck if we're driving anywhere." For obvious reasons.
Feb 24 20:44:17 <Nemi> * Ellie holds a hand up. "I can drive. I've got a license and everything."
Feb 24 20:44:41 <Antichthon> Athene blinked at Ellie. "When did you get a license, and why have we not had a road trip yet?"
Feb 24 20:45:02 <Nemi> * "No car. Pom promised to get me one but she's been busy, so."
Feb 24 20:45:09 <Silvors> Fei points to Ellie, "My license is South Korean, so she should do it." It was also a fake license.
Feb 24 20:45:21 <Nemi> * Ellie gives a grin to Fei.
Feb 24 20:45:36 <SpookyBee> "… I am a practiced cavalier. Are there horses nearby ready for long travel, or are we to take those… Devil machines you people use in the new world?"
Feb 24 20:46:06 <Antichthon> "…no horses, please. I'm hungry enough already."
Feb 24 20:46:09 <Nemi> * "Devil machines. Also, hi, Margo. I'm Ellie. Nice meeting you." Ellie gives her usual big grin.
Feb 24 20:46:26 <Antichthon> Athene waved. She and Margo had already met, some time ago.
Feb 24 20:46:51 <gumbal1> "Ohkay! That settles it. Uh…" Intern briefly shuffles his records. "Now, uh, we have a jeep we s-borrowed, set in the locatiion we're gonna teleport you to. Little town called…" Intern checks his cards. "…Nipton. Well! Just, uh, ask around. The locals. They'll talk to you."
Feb 24 20:46:57 <gumbal1> "…I think."
Feb 24 20:47:00 <SpookyBee> "…" Margo glances down at Ellie with a blank, but beautifully-sculpted expression. Like a Roman statue… "… It is a pleasure meeting you, Ellie." Her accent is Scandinavian of sorts.
Feb 24 20:47:29 <Antichthon> Ugh, jeep. "Gonna be a tight fit."
Feb 24 20:47:51 <Nemi> * "Likewise. So. Nipton.. Sounds good."
Feb 24 20:47:58 <Silvors> "We could tie you to the roof." Fei replies without even looking at Ellie.
Feb 24 20:48:34 <Antichthon> Athene, figuring it to be a joke, gave Fei a grin.
Feb 24 20:48:38 <SpookyBee> "… Is there not a mystical 'train' that carries students from here to there? I've heard some kids speaking of it." Margo crosses her arms, thinking on Athene's size.
Feb 24 20:49:13 <Antichthon> "We can work with a jeep, it's alright."
Feb 24 20:49:57 <gumbal1> "…that uses too much power. Usually, we have a student do this for small missions." Intern blinks, before shifting his notes around. "Or is that the other way around. Uh…I guess I just ask which you prefer?"
Feb 24 20:50:26 <SpookyBee> "Hm…"
Feb 24 20:50:45 <Antichthon> "I don't think the magical train is going to replace a jeep in the desert."
Feb 24 20:51:10 <Antichthon> Athene started off. "Which way are going to teleport?"
Feb 24 20:51:48 <SpookyBee> "Nipton… Sounds like a quaint place." She mutters to herself quietly.
Feb 24 20:51:54 <Silvors> Fei went to crouch down by the door and see how many bugs she could get on her, keeping the more venomous ones closer to her and in her pockets.
Feb 24 20:55:28 <gumbal1> "So…yeah. Guess I'll just teleport you all. Uh, be sure to close your eyes!"
Feb 24 20:55:52 <Antichthon> Athene gave the intern a little psychic confidence boost since he seemed to be locking up. "Do it." Athene closed her eyes as told.
Feb 24 20:56:10 <SpookyBee> Margo has no eyes… So, she's prepared already.
Feb 24 20:56:46 <Silvors> Fei shut her eyes and then hid her face behind some bugs. Creepy.
Feb 24 20:57:15 <Nemi> * "I'm ready." Ellie shuts her eyes.
Feb 24 20:57:51 <gumbal1> And, for the next seventeen seconds, all you can hear is television static, intermixed with what sounds like the howling of coyotes.
Feb 24 20:58:30 <Antichthon> Ah, one of -these- teleportations. Athene had gone through this style before, and knew better than to open her eyes to see if she was there yet.
Feb 24 20:58:57 <SpookyBee> Margo remains still and quiet! ~What an unpleasant sound.~
Feb 24 21:00:13 <Antichthon> Athene sighed. "I think Bolton is responsible for that."
Feb 24 21:00:51 <gumbal1> Soon enough, however, you find yourselves near the exit of a far too suny town, just before a "Welcome to Nevada" sign defaced with a "PENCE DID 9/11". A jeep is parcked in the road, mundane save for a missing roof and a "MY OTHER JEEP IS ALSO A JEEP" bumper sticker. Nearby, two people are standing near the side of the building, one apparently struggling to get a fursuit mask off of their head, the other laughing.
Feb 24 21:01:25 <Nemi> * "Seems pleasant-" Ellie looks over to the people in the funny costumes and goes blank-faced. The isn't bothered by the sun despite her amazing paleness.
Feb 24 21:01:27 <Antichthon> Charming place. Athene tasted the air. "You thinking this might really be worms like in tremors, Ellie?"
Feb 24 21:01:42 <SpookyBee> Margo looks over to the sign, stopping for a moment. "… I thought a Dryad did Nine-Eleven. Hmm." She shrugs, and wanders over to Ellie and Athene.
Feb 24 21:01:45 <gumbal1> Very, very briefly, a soft tremor can be felt under your feet, causing wolfhead over behind the In-N-Out to fall over.
Feb 24 21:02:19 <Nemi> * "It might be-" Ellie flows with the shaking ground and glances to the others. "It's been a loooong while since I've been out here.."
Feb 24 21:02:34 <Silvors> "I hope they're the worms. I want a giant worm." Cecile says, reaching out with her power to see if any giant insects were within range.
Feb 24 21:02:44 <SpookyBee> "What are those…" Margo gestures to the two fursuiters, frowning. Memories of Kobolds leap into her mind.
Feb 24 21:02:52 <Antichthon> Athene slithered over the wolfhead and helped them up. "Hi." Athene's famous smile. "Any chance you two are our contacts?"
Feb 24 21:03:09 <Nemi> * ".. a very strange outfit and- oh." Ellie looks at Athene's gigantic snakebody, then at the two people, bemused.
Feb 24 21:04:12 <SpookyBee> "… Huh."
Feb 24 21:04:18 <gumbal1> "Okay, Isaac, ju-holy fuck!" Wolfhead's friend stumbles upon seeing the four of them. "Hey, hey, this isn't my time, I promise I'll work out more and eat healthier, don't kill me don't kill me don't kill me-" this goes on for a while as his friend struggles with the head, only to look over and give nearly the same reaction.
Feb 24 21:05:09 <SpookyBee> "… This is not as diplomatic as it could be." She shakes her head, before kneeling down and removing one of her heeled feet, dumping some sand out of the joints, and reattaching it.
Feb 24 21:05:32 <Silvors> Fei started calling all of the insects within her range to their position.
Feb 24 21:05:41 <Antichthon> … Alright. "It's just animatronic," Athene said, in regards to her tail. "I'm a very dedicated scalie. Do you know who owns that Jeep?" A point to the jeep.
Feb 24 21:06:31 <Antichthon> "We're going to an anime convention and we're supposed to meet someone here."
Feb 24 21:07:03 <gumbal1> Isaac's friend blinks. "…fuck, that's some good work, then." Shaking his head, he gets to his feet. "Uh…fuck, I dunno. Me and Isaac were planning on s-examining it for a while, and uh…why do you ask?"
Feb 24 21:08:32 <Antichthon> "Oh, the friend we're supposed to meet is supposed to have a jeep like that. Anyway, thanks." She slithered back to the group, shrugging.
Feb 24 21:09:34 <Silvors> Fei wasn't going to both commenting on the slowly gathering plague of insects that she was making on the other side of the building.
Feb 24 21:09:47 <gumbal1> A car drives down the road, slowing down to take in the sight, though the driver just shakes her head and continues on.
Feb 24 21:10:01 <gumbal1> "…hey, is it, uh, bug season? Or something?"
Feb 24 21:10:10 <SpookyBee> Margo steps out of the way of said oncoming vehicle, still not having left the road. "… How rude."
Feb 24 21:10:13 <Antichthon> Could Athene sense the direction of the origin of the tremors using her seismic sense?
Feb 24 21:10:29 <SpookyBee> "This is why people should have continued using horses. Metal has no common sense, at least a horse is polite."
Feb 24 21:11:17 <Nemi> * Ellie folds her arms and shakes her head. She laughs as she leans against the jeep.
Feb 24 21:11:40 <gumbal1> Likely. Roll for it.
Feb 24 21:11:51 <Antichthon> r 10
Feb 24 21:11:51 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Feb 24 21:13:37 <gumbal1> Whatever it is, it isn't coming from California. It's east of here, definitely.
Feb 24 21:13:45 <Antichthon> Athene knocked on the jeep, grinned. "Anyone up for a joyride?"
Feb 24 21:14:45 <SpookyBee> "… I always found joy in riding horseback… I do not think this will be the same." Margo click-click-clacks on over to the jeep, glancing from beneath her domed helm at the two furry troublemakers!
Feb 24 21:15:25 <gumbal1> Isaac continues failing to get his mask off, though gives Margo a thumbs up.
Feb 24 21:16:07 <Antichthon> Wow, there were really a lot of bugs behind that building. "Shotgun! …Nah, just kidding." Athene stuffed herself in the back seat, but a good fifteen, twenty feet of her tail still dragged along the ground behind the jeep. "C'mon Fei, we're going!"
Feb 24 21:16:08 <Nemi> * Ellie attempts to gently psychically pry Isaac's weird wolf mask off his head- or at least help correct him where his mistakes might be.
Feb 24 21:16:58 <Silvors> Fei hops in and has any fast flying bugs ferry the more dangerous insects onto her to crawl into her pockets and then carry anything else they can behind them. They'd have a swarm following them, sure, but who cares?
Feb 24 21:17:28 <gumbal1> Isaac is lifted a few feet off the ground before it's finally pryed off. He looks about as sweaty as you'd expect him to.
Feb 24 21:17:30 <SpookyBee> Margo takes the shotgun position, holding her sword along her length to keep it from spearing the chair!
Feb 24 21:18:39 <Antichthon> Athene squeeeeezed over to make just enough room for Fei beside her in the back. All was left was for Ellie to take the driver's seat. "I got a sense of where the tremors are coming from," Athene told her. "Start driving east, If it happens again I'll hopefully get a better reading." Much of her tail was still on the ground, after all.
Feb 24 21:18:59 <Nemi> * Ellie climbs on in to the driver's seat. "East? Alllllright. SOunds good." Ellie waves and smiles brilliantly to Isaac as she puts the car in start and heads out!
Feb 24 21:19:06 <SpookyBee> She looks up… Is this an open-topped vehicle?
Feb 24 21:19:07 <Nemi> * Despite being porcelain white, she seems unbothered by the sun!
Feb 24 21:19:08 <gumbal1> The jeep is cramped, but still fitable. There's a sticky note on the radio labelled "WHY DO THEY KEEP PLAYING JOHNNY GUITAR", and also what looks like meth paraphenilia in the shotgun seat.
Feb 24 21:19:35 <gumbal1> In theory, this jeep is not open top. In practice, its top has been torn off by something.
Feb 24 21:20:18 <Antichthon> "I guess we're going to get that road trip right now," Athene grinned.
Feb 24 21:20:24 <SpookyBee> In which case, Margo readjusts her seating so that her torso is partially outside of the vehicle, propping a foot on the dashboard and resting her sword across the remains of the roof! You know. In case she has to hit something on the move.
Feb 24 21:21:18 <Nemi> * "I like it. Nice breeze, nice aesthetic. Pretty comfy."
Feb 24 21:21:26 <Silvors> Fei looked at them, "I'll use my bugs, I've got a really long range so if it's above ground I'll probably see it… or if a worm bumps into it."
Feb 24 21:21:53 <Antichthon> "Good weather." Said the heat-loving snake.
Feb 24 21:21:58 <gumbal1> The road out is pretty barren. Mojave's like that. In the distance, however, something seems to briefly rise, before falling back down.
Feb 24 21:22:09 <Nemi> * Ellie perks up a bit and squints off in the distance!
Feb 24 21:22:30 <Antichthon> As did Athene. "Was that a worm?"
Feb 24 21:22:58 <SpookyBee> "… I suppose we have our bearing. Lady Ellie, if you will?" She gestures to the wheel!
Feb 24 21:23:30 <Nemi> * "I'm not sure this Jeep might survive offroading with who we have onboard, but.. We'll see!"
Feb 24 21:23:53 <Silvors> Fei sends a portion of her bug swarm to investigate the rising and falling!
Feb 24 21:24:50 <Antichthon> The breeze in her hair, the open road, the stunning desert landscape. "We need to do this more often!" Athene said over the blare of the wind.
Feb 24 21:25:50 <SpookyBee> Margo can, surprisingly, feel the air on her stone-skin. "… Do you know what I miss from my time in mortality?"
Feb 24 21:25:59 <Nemi> * "We do!"
Feb 24 21:26:11 <gumbal1> Eventually, they pass by a sign. "RESERVATION, NEXT EXIT. VEGAS, 55 MILES. PLANTATION, 26 MILES. SAN JOHANN, 17 MILES"
Feb 24 21:26:25 <Antichthon> Outside of the sound of the wind, there was also the scratching of Athene's tail dragging along the road behind them. To Margo, "What's that?"
Feb 24 21:26:52 <Antichthon> "Oh wow, we're near Vegas?"
Feb 24 21:27:35 <SpookyBee> "Pleasant food…" She turns, looking back at Athene, then swivels herself back to the road! "How far are we from Haven?"
Feb 24 21:28:14 <Nemi> * "Neat.. Haven? Uh.."
Feb 24 21:29:03 <Nemi> * "Probably nine hundred miles or so? I'm not sure."
Feb 24 21:29:05 <Silvors> "At least… 28 miles." Fei says with absolute certainty.
Feb 24 21:29:20 <Antichthon> "…I think Ellie's guess is more accurate."
Feb 24 21:29:39 <SpookyBee> "Yes- Since I awoke, I've been… Enamored by the distances people travel these days in such short times." She thinks for a moment- "… Nine-hundred… It used to take weeks to travel over land in such distances."
Feb 24 21:30:33 <Antichthon> "This is great buffing." Athene looked back at her dragging tail. "Look how shiny my scales are getting."
Feb 24 21:31:10 <Antichthon> She flipped her tail to get a new side, her eyes going half-lidded with pleasure. "oooohhh yeah. That feels good."
Feb 24 21:31:39 <SpookyBee> ~Not terribly ladylike…~ Neither was joining the military in her time.
Feb 24 21:31:50 <Silvors> Cecile flicked a spider at Athene's shiny tail, just to muddy it.
Feb 24 21:32:03 <Silvors> Or for the spider to slide off as if it were a slide!
Feb 24 21:32:55 <gumbal1> The reservation's coming up, with the next exit. Dinky little thing, though when Trump tries starving you out, little else you can do but resist and survive.
Feb 24 21:32:58 <Nemi> * Ellie grins as the wind catches her white hair just perfectly as they speed along ever onward!
Feb 24 21:33:06 <Nemi> * "Taking the exit here?" Ellie calls over the wind.
Feb 24 21:33:47 <Antichthon> Perfectly to get her long, white hair in Athene's mouth. she spat it out. "Yeah, do it."
Feb 24 21:34:16 <Nemi> * Ellie makes the signal and turns for the exit! Zooooom!
Feb 24 21:34:39 <SpookyBee> Margo nods, and tries to whistle- But as glossy as her soapstone lips may seem, they make no sound.
Feb 24 21:37:22 <Antichthon> "That settles it," Athene said as the jeep slowed and the wind died down. "We need to get you a truck or something, Ellie. You, me, Lisa, Leah, on a trip all around Canada next summer."
Feb 24 21:38:45 <gumbal1> Driving in, place doesn't seem very active right now. A few people are out on their porches, though they pay surprisingly little attention to the motley crew riding the jeep. One of them appears to be whittling something on the steps of a post office. Another appears to be tending to a rather conspicuous hole in what looks like a comunal garden.
Feb 24 21:38:56 <SpookyBee> Margo looks back- "… Are there no men in this school? I've yet to see one in all my time here."
Feb 24 21:39:00 <Silvors> "Are lamia okay in low temeratures? I'd imagine the northern provinces would give you trouble."
Feb 24 21:39:23 <Nemi> * "Let's do it. It sounds like fun- and uhm. There ARE boys, but .. Surprisingly few? And they seem to end up as girls half the time after a few months." Ellie parks outside the post office!
Feb 24 21:39:31 <Antichthon> To Margo, "Not really, no."
Feb 24 21:39:42 <SpookyBee> "Hmm…"
Feb 24 21:39:51 <Nemi> "I think they must put estrogen in the water or something."
Feb 24 21:40:15 <Antichthon> "To be fair, I think only one person in this car is a girl in a biological sense."
Feb 24 21:40:22 <Antichthon> She looked at Fei.
Feb 24 21:40:23 <SpookyBee> "Estrogen?" She looks down at the monochrome driver!
Feb 24 21:41:05 <Nemi> * "Yeah, like, I'm biologically a blob of protomatter wrapped in skin. So- girl hormones, Margo."
Feb 24 21:41:09 <gumbal1> The person whittling gives a brief wave to the crew, before going back to whittling…and then gives another, closer, more furrowed look once he realizes the predicament he's in. "Can I…help you?" The man is tan, somewhat heavyset, and appears to be dressed a bit warmly for the Mojave.
Feb 24 21:41:22 <Nemi> * Ellie waves to the man. "Hi! Kind of a weird question, but.."
Feb 24 21:42:00 <SpookyBee> "Ah…" She nods- "… Medical sciences in the modern age are astounding." Margo steps outside of the Jeep, before attaching her blade to her back once more!
Feb 24 21:42:18 <Antichthon> "Yeah, Hi!" Athene called to the man cheerfully. "We're looking for the origin of the weird earthquakes that have been going on?"
Feb 24 21:42:57 <Nemi> "Basically, what my friend said. What's with the quakes?"
Feb 24 21:44:36 <gumbal1> "…of course you would." The man stands up. "Well, if I had to guess, it's whatever dug up the garden. If I had to guess further…" The man blinks. "…why are you concerned with this, if I may ask?"
Feb 24 21:44:46 <Silvors> "Is it a giant bug?" Fei sounded hopeful when she said that. "I like giant bugs."
Feb 24 21:44:57 <SpookyBee> "… The concern of these kinds of events is our job."
Feb 24 21:45:51 <Antichthon> Athene put a hand on Fei's shoulder that was hard to not construe as "hush, child."
Feb 24 21:46:45 <gumbal1> The man blinks. "…do you work for the government?"
Feb 24 21:47:09 <Nemi> "It's a student project, actually." Ellie beams.
Feb 24 21:47:11 <Nemi> She's not lying.
Feb 24 21:48:05 <SpookyBee> Margo looks down at Ellie- But shrugs, returning her gaze to the man. "… Yes, that. Student project."
Feb 24 21:48:20 <Antichthon> "We're just trying to help out, sir."
Feb 24 21:49:07 <gumbal1> "…right. I think it's…up north? I've seen things from there. Tall, thin, pink. Don't know anything that digs through soil nearly that fast, though."
Feb 24 21:49:57 <Antichthon> Athene shared a look with Ellie. It is worms! "Thank you, sir!" To the rest of them, "Walk, or drive?"
Feb 24 21:50:13 <Nemi> "Neat! Thank you!" Ellie grins. "And um, drive?"
Feb 24 21:50:40 <Antichthon> That was the answer Athene wanted to hear. She piled back into the Jeep.
Feb 24 21:50:50 <Silvors> "Drive." Fei says with a nod.
Feb 24 21:51:02 <gumbal1> "Wouldn't be surprised if it's been harassing San Johann and Plantation. Though why anyone would want to harass them is…you know, I've basically come to accept that people are terrible." The man shrugs. "Now, uh, was that all? I know a lot of millenials come here to 'observe the culture' and all that but only one of you is white so I'm guessing this isn't the case."
Feb 24 21:51:04 <SpookyBee> Margo turns, returning to the Jeep and waiting for the others!
Feb 24 21:51:50 <gumbal1> *two of you are
Feb 24 21:52:03 <Nemi> * Ellie laughs. "No, no, it's just.. Yeah."
Feb 24 21:52:03 <Antichthon> "She's only white when she wants to be." Athene grinned at Ellie.
Feb 24 21:52:33 <gumbal1> The man doesn't respond to that.
Feb 24 21:52:35 <Silvors> Fei waits for Athene to get in so she can lounge on her. It was easier that way.
Feb 24 21:53:36 <Antichthon> Athene was already in, and pucked Fei up and plopped her in her seat rather than wait for the girl.
Feb 24 21:53:55 <Antichthon> "Sounds like it's not very far."
Feb 24 21:54:10 <Nemi> * Ellie waves to the man and turns to drive on out!
Feb 24 21:59:10 <Antichthon> "You know, so far, I think this might be the nicest mission I've ever been on."
Feb 24 21:59:14 <gumbal1> …man, they need to fix these potholes. A lot of them are several feet in diameter.
Feb 24 21:59:27 <gumbal1> And deep. Really deep.
Feb 24 22:00:08 <SpookyBee> "… The kings of old would never let these damages pass in their territories."
Feb 24 22:01:13 <Nemi> * "It's pretty fun." Ellie carefully winds past the giant holes. "Boreholes for the worms, I think?"
Feb 24 22:02:17 <Antichthon> Athene caught just how deep some of those holes were. "They aren't just digging through dirt." How tough did something have to be to just punch holes in asphalt?
Feb 24 22:02:43 <Silvors> "I'm taming one." Fei made it sound official as she stared at the holes.
Feb 24 22:02:50 <Antichthon> "Why don't we stop and look down one?"
Feb 24 22:03:35 <SpookyBee> "… Perhaps they are not worms…" Margo thinks for a moment. "… Giant worms would have to be… Very thick to sustain their size, or they would split open like overcooked sheep intestines."
Feb 24 22:04:06 <gumbal1> Yet another sign passes by, this time slightly bent on account of borehole. "VEGAS, 39 MILES. PLANTATION, 10 MILES. SAN JOHAN, 1 MILE." Come to think of it, a small little roadstop town did appear to be closing in on the horizon.
Feb 24 22:04:09 * Mokou-work is now known as Mokou-tan
Feb 24 22:04:26 <Silvors> "I had a giant spider once, I think square-cube law is more of a suggestion… Athene exists."
Feb 24 22:04:39 <Antichthon> Athene waved. Hi!
Feb 24 22:04:53 <Antichthon> "These things are a bit bigger than me, I think."
Feb 24 22:05:22 <Antichthon> "Ellie, pull over, I really think we should check out these holes."
Feb 24 22:05:31 <SpookyBee> "Mmm… Perhaps they are not worms, but tails. Thin and pink. Perhaps… Giant shrews?" Not the most terrifying thing in the world…
Feb 24 22:06:13 <Nemi> * Ellie does go and park at the roadside!
Feb 24 22:06:16 <Antichthon> Athene sort of stared at Margo for a bit at that one.
Feb 24 22:06:42 <SpookyBee> "… I can feel your eyes." She turns her head to Athene, twisting like a clockwork owl.
Feb 24 22:06:56 <gumbal1> Once more, a tremor is felt, though it's far stronger than before.
Feb 24 22:07:10 <SpookyBee> That was more for comedic effect, though… She does seem to have /some/ sense of humor.
Feb 24 22:07:45 <Antichthon> Yow. Shiver. Athene slithered out and made for the nearest hole on the road, peering in. Did they go straight down? The tremor wasn't much of an issue for Athene, she couldn't get knocked off her feet.
Feb 24 22:08:04 <Silvors> "Maybe they're giant worm lamias. Are worm lamias things?" Fei asked as she walked over to the whole and tried to feel for any normal sized worms underground.
Feb 24 22:08:29 <Nemi> * Ellie also peeks down into the opening, but without leaving the actual jeep. She tries to extend her psychic presence downward, probing, reaching…
Feb 24 22:08:47 <SpookyBee> Margo simply waits beside Ellie in the jeep, thinking quietly…
Feb 24 22:11:03 <gumbal1> Whatever it is, it's deep, eventually curving further north. Perception for any further info.
Feb 24 22:11:13 <Antichthon> r 10
Feb 24 22:11:14 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Feb 24 22:12:17 <Silvors> r 8
Feb 24 22:12:17 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Feb 24 22:13:33 <Nemi> r 8
Feb 24 22:13:34 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Feb 24 22:13:43 <SpookyBee> r 7
Feb 24 22:13:43 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for SpookyBee: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Feb 24 22:13:50 <SpookyBee> Oh hello.
Feb 24 22:16:36 <gumbal1> Fei and Ellie can tell that this hole wasn't a breaching one; rather, it appears that whatever made this hole did so when reentering the ground. Margo, meanwhile, realizes that, while it is skewed north, it's skewed in a direction rather away from San Johan, somewhat Northeast. Athene sneezes, and nearly trips into the hole.
Feb 24 22:17:16 <Nemi> * "An exit hole.. hm.."
Feb 24 22:17:17 <Silvors> Fei snrks at the tripping. How do you trip without legs? By being a clusmy lamia.
Feb 24 22:17:24 <Nemi> ".. er, entrance hole!"
Feb 24 22:18:23 <Antichthon> Athene sniffed, rubbed her nose. "'scuse me."
Feb 24 22:18:45 <SpookyBee> "… It is leaving San Johann- This way." Margo points to said direction, being Northeast.
Feb 24 22:19:33 <Nemi> * "Hm.. Well, let's go, then!" Ellie hops back into the driver's seat of the jeep!
Feb 24 22:19:45 <Silvors> And Fei hops on Athene!
Feb 24 22:20:16 <Antichthon> Athene returned to the Jeep, pried Fei off her back, and tried to pretend that undiginfied sneeze never happened.
Feb 24 22:20:33 <SpookyBee> Margo's still there, smirking a little at Athene!
Feb 24 22:20:41 <Nemi> * "And bless you, Athene." Ellie smiles beatifically, not judging at all!
Feb 24 22:23:51 <gumbal1> > Do they stay on the road, or just head in the hole's direction?
Feb 24 22:25:30 <Silvors> The hole-iest of directions
Feb 24 22:26:08 <Antichthon> Well, that would be up to the driver!
Feb 24 22:28:35 <Nemi> * Staying on the road for now, just because of how unstable it is!
Feb 24 22:28:45 <Nemi> * Plus, the EIGHT.
Feb 24 22:28:47 <Nemi> WEIGHT, too.
Feb 24 22:30:57 <gumbal1> San Johan is coming up. Looks like some old truck stop town, complete with some kids playing with action figures in the street, and old men sitting ominously in shaded rocking chairs.
Feb 24 22:33:10 <Antichthon> "People aren't phased by much anymore, are they?"
Feb 24 22:33:16 <Antichthon> fazed*
Feb 24 22:33:40 <SpookyBee> "… Humanity has become jaded, it seems."
Feb 24 22:33:41 <Nemi> * "Not out here, I don't think…"
Feb 24 22:34:26 <gumbal1> Yet another tremor. A few of the ominous old men shake, one even ending up falling out of his chair. The children continue playing.
Feb 24 22:37:14 <Nemi> * Ellie peeks out of the jeep toward one of the old men! "Are you guys alright? What's going on around here?"
Feb 24 22:38:08 <Antichthon> There was something sad about that. Shouldn't something like this at least instill a sense of wonder? Even Athene wasn't so jaded that this didn't seem cool.
Feb 24 22:38:43 <Antichthon> To the men, "Aren't whatever that's making those holes causing you trouble?"
Feb 24 22:39:06 <gumbal1> One of them, an ominous old man sitting by a gas station, responds. "It's her, it's her! Ol' Lady Garvey, back to her demonic ways!"
Feb 24 22:40:02 <Nemi> "Who's that?"
Feb 24 22:40:11 <gumbal1> "You idiot!" Responds an ominous old lady. "She been dead for hunnred years now!"
Feb 24 22:40:44 <Antichthon> "…Your kids don't seeem very scared."
Feb 24 22:40:45 <gumbal1> "Don't speak of her!" Yells the floored ominous old man, slightly less ominous now that the sun is reflecting off his bald head.
Feb 24 22:41:45 <gumbal1> One of the kids, a girl with buck teeth and an Ultraman doll, approaches the jeep. "Hi. You're a bunch of strangers. Mom says not to talk to strangers, so I shouldn't talk to you."
Feb 24 22:42:46 <Antichthon> Athene nodded at the girl. "Yeah, you shouldn't." Beat. "Can you tell us about whatever is makign those holes?"
Feb 24 22:43:26 <SpookyBee> Margo peers over, frowning heavily. "…" Her desire to show herself to these petty fleshies as a savior and hero is quite heavy.
Feb 24 22:43:34 <gumbal1> "Oh. Those are the tunnel snakes. They suck." The girl spits on the ground.
Feb 24 22:43:57 <Nemi> * "Tunnel snakes?" Ellie smiles gently as the girl bluntly ignores being told not to talk to strangers.
Feb 24 22:44:39 <Antichthon> Snakes that made tunnels. Made sense to Athene.
Feb 24 22:45:23 <gumbal1> "Yeah. Mom says it's old lady Gravey's fault, but they don't seem like devils. Much."
Feb 24 22:45:33 <Nemi> * "What do they do?"
Feb 24 22:45:41 <SpookyBee> "… I still believe they are great shrews."
Feb 24 22:45:43 <Antichthon> A girl her age being hateful enough to spit? That was more worrying. But they weren't here for social work.
Feb 24 22:45:45 <SpookyBee> Margo pouts.
Feb 24 22:45:52 <Antichthon> "Enough, Margo."
Feb 24 22:46:06 <gumbal1> "Tunnel. The other day I saw one twist around the other. Mom said they were wrestling."
Feb 24 22:46:42 <Silvors> Fei frowns, snakes are lame. Worms are cooler.
Feb 24 22:46:53 <Antichthon> Athene shared another look with Ellie at that. They were breeding? That can't be good.
Feb 24 22:47:27 <Antichthon> "When did they first show up?"
Feb 24 22:47:38 <Nemi> "I see.. Do they have a nest somewhere?"
Feb 24 22:49:06 <gumbal1> "Mom says they came from, uh…" The girl ponders for a bit, hugging the Ultraman figure to herself. "…Gravey Farmhouse, back at Plantation. I don't think they do. Snakes don't live in farms."
Feb 24 22:49:27 <Silvors> "Worms do."
Feb 24 22:49:50 <Nemi> "Okay. Thank you!"
Feb 24 22:49:58 <Antichthon> Wow. Fei actually had a point. Snakes don't tunnel, either.
Feb 24 22:50:50 <Antichthon> Athene gave the girl a wide smile and waved goodbye, before huddling to confer with the group "Check out the Gravey Farmhouse?"
Feb 24 22:50:51 <SpookyBee> "… I remember when I was a child, my father's farm had many snakes… Not big ones, but small garters." She thinks back- "… They were very cute."
Feb 24 22:51:31 <Silvors> "When I was a girl, I had a fear of spiders."
Feb 24 22:51:45 <Antichthon> "If I saw a huge worm, I might mistake it for a snake."
Feb 24 22:52:28 <Antichthon> "Maybe someone at the Gravy Farmouse put something in the soil, made the worms grow."
Feb 24 23:02:40 <Nemi> "I guess we should investigate."
Feb 24 23:04:36 <gumbal1> "Oh. Mom says not to play at Garvy Farmhouse, but you're strangers so I guess it's okay for you. I think it's, uh…near Plantation."
Feb 24 23:04:55 <SpookyBee> "…" ~What an odd child.~
Feb 24 23:05:19 <Nemi> "Thanks."
Feb 24 23:05:27 <Antichthon> "…Any chance I can try driving?" Athene asked brightly.
Feb 24 23:05:33 <Nemi> "Sure."
Feb 24 23:06:00 <SpookyBee> "Do you even know how to operate these things?"
Feb 24 23:07:22 <Silvors> "Um… you don't have feet." Fei points out.
Feb 24 23:07:29 <Antichthon> She didn't have feet, it was mostly supposed to be a joke. But hey, she wasn't going to turn it down. "Nope!" Athene took the wheel, and dictated to Ellie when and where to put on the brake. or the gas.
Feb 24 23:07:59 <Nemi> * Ellie does.
Feb 24 23:08:00 * Kioku (li.jnm.471.57|yromeM#li.jnm.471.57|yromeM) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Feb 24 23:08:01 <Antichthon> And lets just say it was a bit of a terrifying ride to the Gravey Farmhouse, but they got there.
Feb 24 23:08:15 <gumbal1> Ellie, roll acuity to make sure this all goes well.
Feb 24 23:08:24 <gumbal1> You too, Athene.
Feb 24 23:08:39 <Nemi> r 5
Feb 24 23:08:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 5 4 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
Feb 24 23:09:06 <Antichthon> r 3
Feb 24 23:09:06 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 3 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Feb 24 23:09:21 <Antichthon> Well, maybe they didn't get there.
Feb 24 23:09:38 <gumbal1> Ellie's good at covering for the times when Athene nearly drives off the road, but be a psychic long enough an-
Feb 24 23:09:44 * Karaoke (Karaoke@2602:304:b01d:nzko:ipuo:wvnx:woqq:ylsi) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
Feb 24 23:09:52 <gumbal1> > EVERYONE, ANOMALOUS FIELD PERCEPTION
Feb 24 23:10:12 <Nemi> r 5
Feb 24 23:10:12 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
Feb 24 23:12:39 <Antichthon> r 10
Feb 24 23:12:39 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
Feb 24 23:14:57 <Silvors> r 5
Feb 24 23:14:57 <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 5 4 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
Feb 24 23:17:15 <gumbal1> -pause-
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:04:36 <gumbal1> "Oh. Mom says not to play at Garvy Farmhouse, but you're strangers so I guess it's okay for you. I think it's, uh…near Plantation."
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:04:55 <SpookyBee> "…" ~What an odd child.~
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:05:19 <Nemi> "Thanks."
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:05:27 <Antichthon> "…Any chance I can try driving?" Athene asked brightly.
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:05:33 <Nemi> "Sure."
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:06:00 <SpookyBee> "Do you even know how to operate these things?"
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:07:22 <Silvors> "Um… you don't have feet." Fei points out.
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:07:29 <Antichthon> She didn't have feet, it was mostly supposed to be a joke. But hey, she wasn't going to turn it down. "Nope!" Athene took the wheel, and dictated to Ellie when and where to put on the brake. or the gas.
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:07:59 <Nemi> * Ellie does.
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:08:00 * Kioku (li.jnm.471.57|yromeM#li.jnm.471.57|yromeM) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
[21:32] <@gumbal1> Feb 24 23:08:01 <Antichthon> And lets just say it was a bit of a terrifying ride to the Gravey Farmhouse, but they got there.
[21:36] <@gumbal1> Garvey Farmhouse is just off the entrance to the city of Plantation, but from the looks of it, neither are doing well. The holes in the road seem to increase in frequency on the way there, and by the time they actually arrive at the crossroads between Plantation and Garvey Farmhouse (the latter helpfully marked with a touristy sign), it seems you can't walk fifty feet in any direction without coming across another hole. At the very least, the
[21:36] <@gumbal1> tremors seem to have quieted down. For now.
[21:36] <@Nemi> * "More worm's-holes," Ellie muses aloud."
[21:36] <@gumbal1> Looking into Plantation, you can't see anyone outside. In fact, the whole town looks like it was ripped straight out of a 19th-century Western dime novel.
01[21:37] <Antichthon> "…Maaaybe yu should take the wheel." Athene retreated to the back seat to let Ellie take over, lest she drive them into a giant hole.
[21:37] <@gumbal1> Something in the glove compartment turns on. «Support to Fourier Six. Do you need backup?»
[21:39] <@Nemi> * Ellie thumbs up to Athene and.. Well, she doesn't take the wheel, but her TERRIFYING MIND POWERS do well enough.
01[21:39] <Antichthon> Athene exchanged looks with the group. Athene was used to sort-of-kind-of-maybe being the leader on missions, so she was the one to open the glove compartment. If she found a transmitter, she'd answer. "Uh, I suppose we wouldn't be opposed to it. Over."
[21:41] <@gumbal1> Skix was a little late to the party. Thankfully, teleportation technology exists to drop her…about five feet away from the car, from around ten feet in the air.
[21:41] <@Silvy> Fei nodded, giving Athene a thumbs up at that comment. Help was always a goo- did a dinosaur just appear? No, it was just Skix. Okay.
[21:42] <PuddleJumper> "Shhhhiiiiiit!" Skix yelled as she plumeted into a caved in hole with a thud! "Ohhhh i think i landed on my cans of emergency tuna….ouch…"
01[21:42] <Antichthon> Athene tried to catch the girl before she risked falling into one of the tunnel snake holes, but was a bit too late. She winced. "Ooh. Sorry, Skix."
[21:43] <@gumbal1> Thankfully, this one curves at such an angle that the only part of Skix to get damaged is her dignity.
01[21:44] <Antichthon> Athene looked at the city of Plantation in the distance. "I think it would be safer to go on foot from here on."
[21:45] <PuddleJumper> Skix scrambled up and out, dusting herself off and coughing…she held out her claw waving…bending over and breathing…"Uggg…if i knew i was gonna git teleported today i wouldent have ate all those churros…bluhh…im good…totally." She drew a few more deep breaths before looking to the others. "Wha'd i miss?"
01[21:47] <Antichthon> Athene had left the jeep and was there to help Skix to her feet. "A really fun road trip," Athene said brightly. "And tunnel snakes." She gestured to the holes. "apparently."
[21:47] <@Nemi> * Ellie boggles at Athene and Skix. ".. well. Good to see you, Skix."
[21:49] <PuddleJumper> Skix took Athene's hand and nodded to Ellie and Fei, hey! She knew everyone again! Cool. "Awww…i wanted to try driving…maybe on the way back?"
02[21:49] * @Kioku (li.jnm.471.57|yromeM#li.jnm.471.57|yromeM) Quit (Quit: Kioku)
01[21:49] <Antichthon> The holes were just too close together for them to continue in the jeep. All it would take was one little lip to hide one until it was too late, and who knows how far they'd fall. Also, Athene didn't want to have to pay for the jeep.
[21:49] <@gumbal1> > Perception, all
01[21:49] <Antichthon> r 11
[21:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[21:49] <@Silvy> r 8
[21:49] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[21:50] <@Nemi> r 10
[21:50] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[21:50] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[21:50] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[21:51] <@gumbal1> All of you hear it: The high-pitched buzz of something rushing by, coming from just into the town. But none of you actually see anything.
01[21:52] <Antichthon> That was…worrying. "Keep an eye out, everyone." Athene headed for the plantation "on foot" hoping the others would follow her.
01[21:53] <Antichthon> the city named Plantation, rather
01[21:53] <Antichthon> which was understandably confusing.
[21:54] <PuddleJumper> Skix followed right behind Athene, looking around wearily for danger.
[21:55] <@Nemi> * Ellie attempts to extend her awareness outward, looking for anything that might be nearby that pings out like a 'mind', or something like it, primitive or otherwise. She remains in the jeep, putting slowly along after the other two and occasionally mentally suspending the jeep to keep going.
[21:55] <@gumbal1> Coming into the town itself, it's rather abandoned, and rather small. A collection of ramshackle shacks, painted mostly black, along with a church in the center of town and a few general stores. A few tumbleweeds roll around, some landing into the holes, others dancing around them.
[21:56] <@gumbal1> Ellie gets a mind of the barest form. Like a cricket, maybe. Speaking of crickets, that's a hell of a lot like what the town sounds like, even if the sun still hangs over the sky.
01[21:56] <Antichthon> Oh good, Ellie remained smart ol' Ellie. Taking the jeep along after her was a good idea, Athene could make sure she didn't fall into any holes. Though she'd probably just telekinetic them out if she did, anyway. "So…where are all the people?" Athene was searchng for minds, too.
[21:57] <PuddleJumper> Skix looks around and makes a low whine, "Athene…they need to pay us more. Dontcha think?" Skix sniffed and scanned looking for heat signatures and tried to smell if she could track any humans.
[21:57] <@gumbal1> More crickets, Athene. Maybe a bit better at hive minding than normal crickets.
[21:57] <@Silvy> Fei reached out to start collecting all the bugs in the area and have them search the buildings for anyone.
[21:58] <@gumbal1> No humans, though…
01[21:58] <Antichthon> "…I wouldn't object to a few more zeros," Athene told Skix with a grin. But soon she was right back to seriousness. "These crickets feel…weird. Fei, you're our bug expert. Is it just me?"
[21:59] <PuddleJumper> Skix shifted from side to side. She was glad to have Fei along with them…the buzzing was giving her the heebe-jeebies. She stayed low to the ground waiting for the girl to tell them what was up.
[22:00] <@Nemi> "Nothing. Just crickets if anything."
[22:00] <@Silvy> Fei cocked her head at Athene before shrugging, "I can try to feel for anything weird in their anatomy, probably. See if the other bugs feel anything weird from them too." The Korean girl states as she starts trying to do just that.
[22:00] <@gumbal1> As her bugs search the area, Fei comes up with nothing but a dilapidated town and some Spanish graffiti (along with an errant 'FUCK NCR'. Someone must have thought they were clever). The bugs, coming up empty handed, return to Fei, and include a few spiders, some scorpions, several worms, and four pinata-sized abominations that look like oversized black lizards with orange wings.
[22:00] <@gumbal1> > INITIATIVE
01[22:00] <Antichthon> r 8
[22:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[22:00] <@Silvy> r 7
[22:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:01] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[22:01] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:01] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[22:01] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:01] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[22:01] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[22:05] <@Nemi> r 5
[22:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 4 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
03[22:05] * gumbal1 changes topic to 'SKIX > COALFAERIE HIVEMIND > ATHENE > FEI > ELLIE'
[22:06] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
[22:08] <PuddleJumper> Skix makes a startled raptor bark and before anyone else can react she hurls herself into the air and reacts to the fastest looking of the winged things with a tail snap
[22:08] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[22:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[22:08] <PuddleJumper> (4d 0ap)
[22:08] <@gumbal1> r 14
[22:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:09] <@gumbal1> One of them, a skinny little thing with green, fly-like eyes, dodges just in time.
[22:09] <@gumbal1> > GREEN, RED 1
[22:09] <@gumbal1> The two of them seem to focuse on Fei, before fluttering too and fro around the swarm she's created.
[22:10] <@gumbal1> > FEI, ROLL WILLPOWER + ANOMALY
[22:11] <@gumbal1> > FUCK, RESOLVE
[22:11] <@Silvy> r 11
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[22:11] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 4 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[22:11] <@gumbal1> The swarm of bugs scatters, seeming under no one's control, now.
[22:11] <@gumbal1> > RED 2, RED 3
[22:12] <@gumbal1> Meanwhile, the other two seem to eye the group as a whole, finally settling on the most appetizing looking of the four of them-Fei.
[22:13] <@gumbal1> r 10 And they charge, ready to swoop in and bite.
[22:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 3 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[22:13] <Antichthon> Intercept, free action, +0!
01[22:14] <Antichthon> Oh heeeeell no. With one quick movement Athene equipped her tail axe and dove for the intercept
01[22:14] <Antichthon> r 13
[22:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
01[22:14] <Antichthon> Success!
01[22:14] <Antichthon> Athene parries!
01[22:14] <Antichthon> r 16
[22:14] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:15] <@gumbal1> The Coalfaeries are swatted away.
[22:15] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
01[22:15] <Antichthon> Athene manages to bring up her tail blade in time. "Fei, can't you control these bugs?"
01[22:15] <Antichthon> That green one stood out. Athene swiped her axe at it.
01[22:16] <Antichthon> r 16 (7d 1ap)
[22:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[22:16] <@Silvy> Fei looked over at her, "I'm trying. They're fighting for control. Or something is at least. Some kind of hivemind.""
[22:16] <@gumbal1> r 14
[22:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[22:16] <@gumbal1> Once more, the coalfaerie just barely avoids getting cleaved the fuck in two.
01[22:16] <Antichthon> Athene's minor action is readed for intercept.
[22:17] <PuddleJumper> Skix had landed close to Athene after the swarm settled, "They are fast! Small hard to hit!"
01[22:17] <Antichthon> "I think the green one is faster!"
[22:18] <@gumbal1> > FEI
01[22:18] <Antichthon> "Do whatever you need to do to neutralize that green one, Fei."
[22:19] <@Silvy> Fei looks between them and reaches out to try and take control of one of the lizardthings. "Green one, got it." She tries to take control of the green one specifically.
[22:19] <@gumbal1> > Roll to try
[22:20] <@Silvy> r 12
[22:20] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:20] <@gumbal1> r 8
[22:20] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:21] <@gumbal1> The thing briefly flitters, nearly falling to the ground, before it suddenly regains composure.
[22:21] <@gumbal1> > ELLIE
[22:21] <@Silvy> "I can get it, but I'll need to try again." Fei states with certainty.
[22:25] <@Nemi> * Ellie is going to.. er.. basically try to brainfuck the green thing? Dominate it if she can?
[22:25] <@Nemi> r 12
[22:25] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[22:26] <@gumbal1> r8
[22:26] <@gumbal1> r 8
[22:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[22:26] <@gumbal1> This thing's tiny brain was not meant for human brainfucking. Bleeding from its mouth, the thing falls limp to the ground.
01[22:27] <Antichthon> Oh, well. That takes care of that. Athene shot Ellie a thumb's up.
[22:27] <@gumbal1> The red-eyed ones, meanwhile, buzz around angrily.
[22:27] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
[22:27] <@Nemi> * Ellie waves from the jeep.
[22:28] <PuddleJumper> Skix briefly wished she had mind powers…before hoping having all sorts of pointy bits was just as good, she slashes out at a red eyed one with rapid slashes at it.
[22:28] <PuddleJumper> r 15 (7d 0ap)
[22:28] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:28] <@gumbal1> r 14
[22:28] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 5 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:28] <@gumbal1> You barely graze its tail.
[22:28] <@gumbal1> > RED 1
01[22:29] <Antichthon> Oh, well. Athene was rather hoping the green one was like a queen or something. Apparently no such luck.
[22:29] <@gumbal1> Letting out a high-pitched shriek, the red one goes right for the one thing it suspects could have done this: Fei, yet again.
[22:29] <PuddleJumper> ready minor action for blocking
[22:30] <@gumbal1> r 5
[22:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[22:30] <Antichthon> Oh, hell, Fei could handle that one herself.
[22:30] <@Silvy> Dodging
[22:30] <@Silvy> r 8
[22:30] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 4 2 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[22:31] <@gumbal1> You dodge it with ease.
[22:31] <@gumbal1> > RED 2, RED 3
[22:31] <@gumbal1> These two don't act any different, actually, going for Fei as well. What can you say, it's all they know!
[22:31] <@gumbal1> r 10
[22:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:31] <@Silvy> Fei is going to buy two successes on that.
[22:32] <@gumbal1> And they miss, as well.
[22:32] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
01[22:32] <Antichthon> Well, these bugs were annoying. good thing AThene had a 300 pound fly swatter.
01[22:32] <Antichthon> r 16
[22:32] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 16 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[22:32] <Antichthon> (Red 2)
[22:33] <@gumbal1> r 14
[22:33] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
01[22:33] <Antichthon> (7d 1ap)
[22:33] <@gumbal1> Too bad they were inhumanly fast. If they were capable of talking, you'd suspect they'd tell you, and I quoteL 'neener neener'.
[22:33] <@gumbal1> > FEI
01[22:34] <Antichthon> Athene grit her teeth. "These near misses are starting to piss me off."
[22:34] <@Silvy> Fei is going to attempt to induct whichever is closest to her and least damaged. She wanted to keep one as a pet.
[22:34] <PuddleJumper> Skix growled at the one she had swiped past. "Fei these bugs are not my friends! Make them change their minds!"
[22:34] <@Silvy> And luckily, unlike Ellie, she was designed to control nonhuman things and human things.
[22:34] <@Silvy> (2 focus)
[22:35] <@Silvy> (actually 3 focus)
[22:35] <@Silvy> r 15
[22:35] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 5 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:35] <@gumbal1> r 8
[22:35] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 4 4 4 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:36] <@gumbal1> Fei, you are now in possession of one (1) coalfaerie. Treat it with care, remember to feed it Tunnel Snakes, small cats, and roaches, and change out its bedding once every two days.
[22:36] <@gumbal1> > ELLIE
[22:36] <@Silvy> As a minor action, Fei will spend one psyche to restore her focus.
[22:36] <@Silvy> And point at hers and shout "That's mine!"
[22:37] <@Nemi> * Ellie attempts to turn her terrifying psychic presence on the nearest still-hostile red insect(s) again, aiming to just crush their fragile wills. She bobs in the car and drinks from a water bottle as she does. Using 1 Focus…
[22:37] <@Nemi> r 13
[22:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 13 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 5 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:37] <@gumbal1> r 8
[22:37] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 4 3 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[22:37] <@gumbal1> You very succesfully make it vomit out its brainmatter. Well done!
[22:37] <@gumbal1> > Skix
01[22:38] <Antichthon> Athene didn't even know bugs had brains. She really learned something today.
[22:39] <PuddleJumper> Makes a swipe at the one thats left that Fei didnt point to…trying not to get any bug gunk on her the bug above her ejects its brain matter.
[22:39] <PuddleJumper> r 15 (7 0ap)
[22:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 8 ]
[22:39] <@gumbal1> r 14
[22:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 5 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[22:39] <@gumbal1> On one hand, you absolutely do get covered in bug brainmatter. On the other hand, it's not the one you were trying to avoid that's responsible for the mess.
[22:39] <@gumbal1> > COMBAT OVER
01[22:40] <Antichthon> Athene nudged one of the splatted bugs with her axe and made a face. "Fei, what's up with these giant bugs?"
[22:40] <PuddleJumper> Skix lands with a horrified look on her face holding her claws out like a little girl who had just been splashed with vomit on a rollercoaster…
[22:41] <@Silvy> "They're closer to crustaceans." Fei states her assumption as she goes to make hers waddle over so she could pet it. She had a smile on her face.
[22:41] <@Silvy> "I think."
01[22:42] <Antichthon> Athene had been splattered some, but not nearly as bad as Skix. "Ellie." She jerked her head at Skix. Help her out, won't you?
[22:42] <PuddleJumper> Skix dry heaves…"Awgod….please please say theres some nakins in the glove compartment…."
01[22:43] <Antichthon> Athene was hoping the telekinetic goo girl could separate bug guts from Skix skin.
[22:43] <@Nemi> * Ellie will indeed try just that- she has 'cleaned up' her own gooey self from all sorts of surfaces before, why not peel bug guts off Skix's scales?
[22:43] <@gumbal1> No napkins, unfortunately. On the other hand, it isn't so bad. It only kinda sorta smells like laundry detergent someone poured into a carton of spoiled milk, and the smell only kinda sorta sticks to Skix.
[22:44] <@Silvy> Fei patted her coalfaerie. "I'm keeping this, by the way." Fei states both casually and matter-of-factly. "This is mine now. There's also some kind of hivemind that was controlling them, or something yanked my bugs from me at least."
[22:45] <@Nemi> * Do I need to roll to try to peel goop off?
01[22:45] <Antichthon> "Is it gone now?" Athene searched for the hivemind presence, though Ellie would be much better at this sort of thing.
[22:45] <PuddleJumper> Skix coughs and makes a wreching heave, like if a lion was trying to not barf and hork up a hairball at the same time…she held her claws out fingers down. "I can still smell it…its so bad…sooo bad…its like someone stuffed a diaper into a fake leg!"
[22:45] <@gumbal1> Nope.
[22:46] <@Nemi> * "Well, the worst of the sludge is off. Sorry that I can't do much about the /smell/… And with that, as they settle, Ellie tries to reach out with probing tendrils of psychic self, searching for the hivemind that Fei apparently felt.
[22:46] <@gumbal1> It looks like you got the dumb one. That's okay, it's probably full of a lot of love. You know, whatever love is kept inside of a psychic cryptid abomination Adam Frankenstein would have killed straight of the operating table.
01[22:47] <Antichthon> Athene flicked her tongue. she decided to keep it to herself that she the scent somewhat tasty. Not much different from lobster…
[22:47] <@Silvy> Fei feels for any bugs not under her control and tries to take them, seeing as how she didn't have a hivemind sense. Look, nobody gets to judge what Fei finds adorable. This is a girl who grew up cuddling a tarantula. A bright pink tarantula.
[22:47] <@gumbal1> Ellie, you feel something very, very, very, very strong, directly under the town. A queen, perhaps? Maybe just a bunch of them? Maybe a worm-thing? Who knows, it's almost vague for how powerful it is.
[22:48] <@Nemi> * ".. beneath us. Strange. It's /very/ strong, but I can't quite figure out what it is."
[22:48] <PuddleJumper> Skix snuffed and made a sad sounding whine….trying to smell for more of the bugs past the stink on her. "Next time im bringing febreeze and a towel…"
[22:48] <@Nemi> * "And I /hate/ mysteries."
01[22:49] <Antichthon> Athene scratched her head. "Well, at least we know there's more going on than just tunnel snakes." She shrugged at the group. "Radiation? something in the water?"
[22:49] <@Silvy> "We could go find more. Maybe I could get Agma a mate?"
[22:49] <PuddleJumper> Skix looked at the bug flying next to Fei…she hoped it lived…because she did not like how they smelled when killed at all.
01[22:50] <Antichthon> She laid eyes on the Garvy Farmhouse, not so far away. "I'm going to go check that out." She headed that way.
[22:51] <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffed along seeing if she could scent the thing underground…but when Athene headed toward the farmhouse she followed backing her up/
[22:51] <@Nemi> * Ellie pats at the steering wheel of the jeep and trundles along after Athene. What a lazybones!
01[22:51] <Antichthon> Without the bones, even.
[22:51] <PuddleJumper> perception, smelling for living things underground.
[22:51] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[22:51] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 4 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[22:52] <@Silvy> Fei walked after Athene with Agma at her side. Yes, she named her coalfaerie Agma.
01[22:52] <Antichthon> "My instincts tell me it all has to do with the Garvy Farmhouse," Athene informed the others on the way.
[22:52] <@Nemi> * "Sure, sure. You can ride, Fei, if you want." Putt putt putt.
[22:52] <@gumbal1> The farmhouse itself was a bit of a ways away. As you approach, those with psychic senses can feel something incredibly…well, bad at its epicenter, though no real mind to actually sense it. Notably, Skix gets a scent that's distinctly un-coalfaerie like as they approach the farmhouse, though what exactly it is, who knows.
[22:53] <@Nemi> * "Well, that's an incredibly bad feeling. Almost like running into Mom when I have a report card with an F o nit."
[22:53] <@Nemi> * Ellie pauses. "Haven't had /that/ since middle school, at least.."
[22:54] <@Nemi> * "I don't feel any minds, though. Just some bad vibes."
[22:54] <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffed and reported, "Theres somethin in there, dosent smell like those bug…uh…crustation things."
01[22:54] <Antichthon> Ick. Athene did not like the scent of that in her psychic nostrils. "Yeah. I don't seense any minds either."
[22:54] <@Silvy> "Her name is Agma. I named her Agma." Fei states as she tries to pick the coalfaerie up.
[22:54] <@gumbal1> Actually coming up to it, well…there's dilapidated, and then there's 'nearly fucking destroyed'. Even disregarding the giant, larger than average hole in the center of the estate, the whole thing looks like it's been abandoned for decades. Near the silo itself, grass doesn't even seem to grow.
01[22:55] <Antichthon> Looks like Athene's instincts were on the money. She looked back at the group with an encouraging smile. "Ready to check it out?" Because of course they were going to check it out.
[22:56] <@Nemi> * "Whew. This is giving me Resident Evil Seven vibes with less mold and crazy people and.. okay, it's an ambience thing.." Ellie parks the jeep just outside the farm proper and hops out, lazily stretching in her usual graceful-but-kind-of-boneless way.
[22:56] <@gumbal1> A barn owl, funnily enough, sleeps atop the barn.
[22:56] <PuddleJumper> Skix cocks her head to the side. "How come Agma? I never heard anyone with that name before…uh…yeah…i mean its gonna be something horribal thats gonna try to eat our faces or lay eggs in our digestive tracts or something but…thats what we do…right?"
[22:57] <@Nemi> * "Don't worry, Skix. I'll let it eat my face and lay eggs in me so I can get a free meal and you can hit it in the back." Ellie thumbs up as she ambles on to Athene's side.
[22:57] <PuddleJumper> (she says the second part to athene)
[22:57] <@Silvy> "Agma is Korean for Daemon or Demon." Fei states as she keeps her mental hold on her coalfaerie tight.
[22:58] <PuddleJumper> Skix now hat that mental image…suddenly the smell and that made her gag again.
[22:58] <PuddleJumper> "Good name."
01[22:58] <Antichthon> Athene furrowed her brow. "Woudln't you just digest the eggs? …Tell you what, it comes to that, I'll take your share, skix. I have enough digestive tract for us both." She patted her snakebody and grinned. To Ellie, "Split 'em with you."
[22:59] <PuddleJumper> "You guys are super gross!"
01[22:59] <Antichthon> Athene slithered for the hole once her crew was assembled.
01[22:59] <Antichthon> "Better laughing than crying, Skix."
[23:00] <@Nemi> "Exactly. Humour's a long-standing means to make horrible things less horrible."
[23:00] <PuddleJumper> She snickered then grimaced to keep from gagging…she was definitly right and she bobbed her head yes enthusiastically
[23:00] <@gumbal1> The giant hole itself, at some point, splits into four paths. The widest one smells faintly of copper and looks slightly slick. The second widest one looks relatively fresh. The third widest is partially caved in, but still accessible. The narrowest one is also the neatest, oddly enough.
[23:02] <PuddleJumper> Skix sniffed and pointed to the coppery gross path. "If we wanna keep with our theme thats the way to go i think."
01[23:02] <Antichthon> Athene's approach was cautious, and her tongue continued to flick for scents, her seismic sense on full alert. "…Let's follow the smell and get it over with." Unlike the coalfaeries, this scent wasn't one that Athene shamefully sort of liked. She headed down that path.
[23:03] <@gumbal1> > Roll to balance as you make your way down
[23:03] <@Nemi> "Sounds good," Ellie says, cheerfully, as she likely falls hilariously.
[23:04] <@Silvy> Fei is going to use one effort.
[23:04] <@Silvy> r 5
[23:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
01[23:04] <Antichthon> r 10 Movement
[23:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[23:04] <PuddleJumper> r 6
[23:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:04] <@Nemi> She'll use three effort to maybe not fall over.
[23:04] <@Nemi> r 4
[23:04] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 4 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[23:05] <@gumbal1> Athene's good at this. Ellie and Skix are not, suffering -2 to movement-related rolls for as long as they're on here. Fei, meanwhile, rolls a critfail and ends up sliding down the tunnel like a particularly morbid waterslide.
[23:06] <@Silvy> Does Fei need to roll for Agma? If not it's going to hurry down after her.
[23:06] <@gumbal1> Agma's flying, he doesn't have to roll shit.
01[23:06] <Antichthon> "Woah!"
01[23:06] <Antichthon> Athene's tail shot out to ry and keep Fei from sliding out of sight.
01[23:06] <Antichthon> r 10 reflex
[23:06] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 3 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:06] <@gumbal1> Nope.
[23:06] <@Nemi> * Ellie is contemplative as she wobbles awkwardly, still trying to constrain herself to her humanoid shape and all.
01[23:07] <Antichthon> Well. Shit. Athene picked up the pace, considered calling out for Fei in the darkness, figured against it.
[23:07] <PuddleJumper> Skix slips and slides locking her claws into the tunnel and scratching herself into the stones and rocks…she has slow going of it and grunts with the effort as Fei goes flying
[23:08] <@gumbal1> Fei goes down, down, down, into the dark tunnel, until finally, she spots a trio of bioluminescent…blobs? If she doesn't want to crash into them, she should probably roll reflex or something.
[23:08] <@Nemi> "Well, drat. I should have caught her."
[23:08] <@Silvy> r 8
[23:08] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:08] <@Nemi> "Seeing her flopping around like that was kind of hilarious, though.." Ellie tries to scurry on down afterwards!
[23:08] <@Silvy> Fei's going to try to grab a hold of something, use some of her extra feet of spidersilk rope, or just get Agma to catch up and save her.
[23:09] <@Silvy> Limitless multitasking, go!
01[23:09] <Antichthon> Athene might have joined in the joking here, but the idea of one of her children-er-charges getting separated and killed rather sucked the humor out of her.
[23:09] <@gumbal1> …aaaaaaaaand, she just barely avoids getting an eldritch bukkake of bioluminescent…egg yolk, actually. They're kinda shaped like some sort of transluscent egg, complete with what looks like a dog-sized larva in the middle of each.
[23:10] <PuddleJumper> Skix hurries after the others trying not to eat shit down this pathway…this mission was gross how could it get any worse…oh.
[23:10] <@gumbal1> At the sight of the eggs, Agma starts getting a little, well…hungry.
[23:10] <@Nemi> * Ellie still seems unbothered as she slides, slides, slides ever on down, moving weirdly fluidly all the while despite her terrible lack of traction.
[23:10] <@Silvy> Fei tries to reach into the yolk (mentally!) and see if she can see any infantile coalfaerie minds.
01[23:11] <Antichthon> Athene tracked Fei's mind as fest she could, and at least it didn't seem like she fell forever. Hopefully the group would catch up with her soon.
[23:11] <@gumbal1> Not coalfaerie. Seem like the larval stage of some kind of…worm, she'd have to guess. Maybe a worm with an oddly bird-like mentality, but a worm(?) nonetheless.
[23:12] <@Nemi> "She's fine, incidentally," Ellie adds.
[23:12] <@Silvy> Worms were cool, Fae could get behind annelids. Literally, if she had enough of them. She directed Agni to wiggle to show she was okay and lead them along down the path.
[23:12] <@Silvy> And she had Agma (not Agni) nod at Ellie's statement.
[23:13] <@gumbal1> It takes a lot of mental willpower to keep Agma from just outright eating the egg, but it's manageable.
[23:13] <@gumbal1> Path is pretty dark. Any of you have a light?
[23:13] <PuddleJumper> "Im gonna throw my claw wraps away before i get back in the jeep…this is the grossest….oh crap what the heck are those…they smell like old unions and gym towels left to rot in the bin.
[23:14] <PuddleJumper> Skix can see in the dark, heat siguatures and great night vision.
01[23:14] <Antichthon> Athene reached the eggs, stayed clear of bukkakezone. "Fei, is that a bug? …can you tell?"
[23:14] <@Nemi> Ellie doesn't really need a light since she typically just psychically feels out her surroundings anyway. It's like echolocation, but quieter and creepier!
01[23:14] <Antichthon> Athene relied more on her heat sense in the dark, but her seismic sense was giving her a pretty good feel of the walls, too.
[23:15] <@Nemi> Ellie COULD fish her phone out and use the flashlight app, though.
[23:15] <@Silvy> "Technically, it's an annelid, which would be a worm… which I guess are bugs by the modern connotation." Fei states as she lets Agma eat one. Does Agma have night vision? If not Fei will try and use bugs to dot the land and get a literal feel for the terrain.
[23:15] <@gumbal1> At the eggs, the path splits into two parts. One is also slick, much like the one you're in, while the other has the general shape of a two-braid challah.
01[23:15] <Antichthon> "Hah! I knew they weren't snakes!"
[23:15] <@gumbal1> The egg is eaten with gusto, and…
[23:15] <@gumbal1> Oh.
[23:16] <@gumbal1> Oh no.
[23:16] <@gumbal1> That tremor just there was really strong.
[23:16] <@Silvy> "I'm going to let Agma eat the eggs… I shouldn't have let Agma eat the eggs."
[23:16] <@Silvy> "Well, an egg."
01[23:16] <Antichthon> "…I think we have bigger problems, Fei."
[23:16] <@Nemi> * "I think the queen's upset."
[23:16] <@Silvy> "Probably because Agma is the natural predator. Or at least it has a hankering for worm eggs."
[23:17] <PuddleJumper> Skix winced. "Yaaaay…we are gonna die…" Skix tried to deadpan but her voice cracked a bit
[23:17] <@gumbal1> All of you can feel something coming from the general direction of the challah-tunnel.
[23:17] <@gumbal1> > AGILITY
[23:17] <PuddleJumper> (-2 still or are we good now that we are out of the cave?)
[23:17] <@Silvy> r 4
[23:17] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 5 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:17] <@Nemi> Would Ellie be able to telekinetically fling herself in the proper direction, or similar?
[23:18] <@gumbal1> ( still minus 2)
[23:18] <@gumbal1> That works, yeah.
[23:18] <@Nemi> r 12
[23:18] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[23:18] <@Nemi> oh noooo
[23:18] <@Silvy> (Well Fei got 4 successes out of 4, so she got 2 successes out of 2 instead.)
01[23:19] <Antichthon> r 10
[23:19] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:19] <PuddleJumper> skix uses 3 effort
[23:19] <PuddleJumper> r 7
[23:19] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 5 4 3 3 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:19] <@gumbal1> r 12 IM GETTING HONGRY, HOMBRE
[23:19] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 4 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[23:21] <@gumbal1> Athene and Fei manage to dodge in time as a giant worm, easily ten feet in diameter, shoots through the wall like a hot bullet through butter. Fei is not so lucky, enduring 2 physical damage as debris fly in her face. Ellie critfails, but luckily takes no damage! She just gets vored instead.
[23:21] <@gumbal1> > INITIATIVE
01[23:21] <Antichthon> r 8
[23:21] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:22] <@Nemi> * Ellie is in the belly of the beast! This is less of an inconvenience to her than most.
[23:22] <@gumbal1> (wait skix suffered damage, fuck me)
[23:22] <@Silvy> r 7
[23:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 4 4 4 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[23:22] <@gumbal1> r 4
[23:22] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
01[23:22] <Antichthon> "Oh, fuck, Ellie!" Athene cried out. Before realizing the worm probably had a hell of a lot more to worry about.
[23:23] <@Nemi> Ah ha ha HA HA HA HA.
[23:23] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[23:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:26] <PuddleJumper> Skix manages to get her hands up to protect herself from the worst of it wiping a bit of blood from above her eye before realizing what just happened Ellie got ate! Shit!
[23:26] <@Nemi> r 5
[23:26] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 4 4 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
03[23:26] * gumbal1 changes topic to 'SKIX > ATHENE > ADULT TUNNEL SNAKE > FEI > ELLIE'
[23:27] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
[23:27] <PuddleJumper> Skix yells to Athene "We gotta cut it open and get her outta there!" She readied a tail strike to stun it for Athene
[23:27] <PuddleJumper> 2 effort
[23:27] <@Nemi> Fear not..
[23:27] <PuddleJumper> r 14
[23:27] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 6 4 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:27] <PuddleJumper> (4d 0ap)
[23:28] <@gumbal1> r 7
[23:28] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 4 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[23:29] <@gumbal1> This thing has a tougher exterior than the coalfaeries, but you're pretty sure you drew some blood.
[23:29] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
01[23:30] <Antichthon> They all got that message from Ellie, probably. "Wouldn't worry aobut it." The worm was going to keep moving? Fine. Athene wedged her huge axe between the worm and the wall. Its own motion would split itself open along its entire length.
01[23:31] <Antichthon> 4 effort!
01[23:31] <Antichthon> r 20
[23:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 20 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 4 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[23:31] <@gumbal1> r 7
[23:31] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:32] <@gumbal1> The worm had already made its way to the opposite side of the wall, but regardless, Athene getts a good hit it, going past it snatural armor.
[23:32] <@gumbal1> > ADULT TUNNEL SNAKE
[23:33] <@gumbal1> Even as the tunnel snake retreats back into the earth, its digestive juices begin flowing. (Tunnel Snake hidden from main group)
[23:33] <@gumbal1> > ELLIE, ROLL TO RESIST ACID
[23:34] <@Nemi> r 12
[23:34] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:39] <PuddleJumper> (dont let me hold you up)
[23:39] <@gumbal1> r 14
[23:39] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[23:40] <@gumbal1> Slowly, surely, the juices begin to digest Ellie.
[23:40] <@gumbal1> -3 hp
[23:40] <@gumbal1> > FEI
[23:40] <@Silvy> Fei could sense bugs without controlling them, her ability to control bugs and her ability to locate them were completely different powers. Or two halves of the same power that could function independently. It was the reason her range was so absurdly huge. She went to feel for the tunnel snake and wait for it to turn around so she could point at where it was going to emerge from. "There!" And she tries to take control of it
[23:40] <@Silvy> after doing that.
[23:40] <@Silvy> r 12
[23:40] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[23:41] <@gumbal1> r 12
[23:41] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 5 4 4 4 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:41] <@gumbal1> Doesn't seem to be working as good as you might've hoped.
[23:41] <@gumbal1> > ELLIE
[23:42] <@Nemi> * The others would feel a spike of psychic pain from somewhere inside the beast.
01[23:42] <Antichthon> "…Okay, nevermind. Now is the time to worry."
[23:43] <@Nemi> * Ellie does NOT like this acid. Where the Tears might easily corrupt and convert a human, here- this thing meant to dissolve rock and more- is doing a good job trying to dissolve /her/. She lances out with her Will, aiming to carve a furrow into the interior of the monster worm's gullet, that she can flee the acid for the refuge of its bloodstream- and maybe from there start
[23:43] <@Nemi> melding with and stealing the creature's own biomass..
[23:43] <@Nemi> * TKing…
[23:43] <@Nemi> Wiiiith… 2 effort
[23:43] <@Nemi> r 14
[23:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
[23:43] <@gumbal1> r 5
[23:43] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 5 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 5 5 5 5 5 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[23:45] <@gumbal1> For all the power of this creature, it's remarkably bad at directing it on the inside. The creature lets out another 'scream', which seems to be just another tremor.
[23:45] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
03[23:45] * Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
03[23:45] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Silvors
[23:46] <PuddleJumper> Skix rubbed her tail…well that didnt do much…that was about half her weaponry that wasent gonna work…She tries to jump onto the thing and use her powerfull legs to claw kick a hole into the thing for her friend to crawl out.
[23:46] <PuddleJumper> r 15
[23:46] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 6 ]
02[23:46] * @Silvy (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[23:46] <@gumbal1> Right now, it's hidden in the wall, though you can hear it coming.
[23:47] <@Silvors> Fei did point at the direction it was coming towards them from, as a reminder.
[23:47] <@Silvors> Since she can sense through walls. And dirt. And other groundstuff.
[23:47] <@Nemi> * And there's some very /annoyed/ psychic sensations coming off it that near anyone can follow.
[23:48] <PuddleJumper> Skix follows where fei is pointing…looking for the thing to attack
[23:49] <@gumbal1> > Is that all for your turn?
[23:49] <PuddleJumper> (she chases after the huge worm who rent a hole in the rock yes…if i cant attack it then i chase it)
[23:50] <@gumbal1> > You've readied a minor action upon emergence, and get a +2 to dodging its attack.
[23:50] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
01[23:51] <Antichthon> Athene delays her turn until after the Adult Tunnel Snake.
[23:51] <@gumbal1> > TUNNEL SNAKES RULE
[23:52] <@gumbal1> Dodge, all of you, as the tunnel snake emerges into the tunnel.
[23:52] <@Nemi> Ellie would dodge, but…
[23:52] <@Nemi> * She is very tasty.
[23:52] <@Nemi> * Pity about all the indigestion.
[23:52] <@Silvors> r 2
[23:52] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 2 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 4 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[23:53] <Antichthon> r 10
[23:53] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 4 4 4 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:53] <@Silvors> (Wait, add these 4 dice to that)
[23:53] <@Silvors> r 4
[23:53] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 4 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 3 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:54] <PuddleJumper> r 8
[23:54] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 5 5 5 3 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[23:54] <@gumbal1> r 12
[23:54] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 3 3 3 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[23:55] <@gumbal1> Emergence itself doesn't do any damage. The debris, however, does. -2 hp to Skix, -3 to Athene, -4 to Fei. Ellie, meanwhile, should resist acid once more.
01[23:55] <Antichthon> Athene > 13 HP
[23:55] <@Nemi> r 12
[23:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 5 4 4 4 4 4 4 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
[23:55] <@gumbal1> r 14
[23:55] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 6 6 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
01[23:55] <Antichthon> Athene > 14 HP rather.
[23:56] <@Silvors> Fei > 5
[23:56] <@gumbal1> Ouch. -6 HP to Ellie.
[23:56] <@Nemi> Ellie > 2
[23:56] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
[23:56] <@Nemi> * More screaming.
[23:56] <PuddleJumper> (you said i got +2_
[23:56] <@gumbal1> (fuck wait, yeah)
[23:56] <@gumbal1> (no damage to skix)
[23:57] <@Silvors> (Umm, doesn't Fei go after the Tunnel Snake?)
[23:57] <@gumbal1> (actions were readied)
01[23:57] <Antichthon> (I delayed my turn)
[23:57] <@Silvors> (Oooh, yeah, so did Skix)
[23:57] <@Silvors> (Derp)
[23:58] <PuddleJumper> She tries to jump onto the thing and use her powerfull legs to claw kick a hole into the thing for her friend to crawl out of
[23:58] <PuddleJumper> r 15
[23:58] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[23:58] <@gumbal1> r 7
[23:58] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 3 3 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[23:59] <PuddleJumper> (7d 0ap)
[23:59] <@gumbal1> Ouch. That does quite a number on its guts, spilling them out into the room…though you might want to roll reflex to make sure none of the stomach acid gets on you.
[23:59] <PuddleJumper> (-2 still right?)
[23:59] <@gumbal1> (yee)
Session Time: Sat Mar 04 00:00:00 2017
[00:00] <PuddleJumper> Skix burns 1hp for 3 effort and uses 2 of them
[00:00] <PuddleJumper> r 6
[00:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 6 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 2 2 2 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 0 ]
[00:00] <@gumbal1> r 8
[00:00] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 4 4 4 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[00:01] <@gumbal1> Ouch. -4 HP, but at least the stench is gone.
[00:01] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
[00:02] <PuddleJumper> Skix flinches back it burns! The smell of the caustic acid burns her nose She flings both claw wraps that are soaked in the stuff.
01[00:02] <Antichthon> Athene was still in hardcore serious mode. Leah would not forgive her if Ellie died to an overgrown Earthworm while under Athene's protection. She wedged her tail in a good place and continued the cut to the thing's guts, hopefully bursting it open like a sausage in the microwave. 1 hp for 3 effort, 3 effort used on attack!
01[00:02] <Antichthon> Athene > 13 HP
01[00:02] <Antichthon> r 19 (7d 1ap)
[00:02] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 19 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 5 5 4 3 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[00:03] <@gumbal1> r 7
[00:03] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 7 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 3 3 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[00:03] <@gumbal1> It's fucking dead.
[00:03] <@gumbal1> > COMBAT E-
[00:03] <@gumbal1> > ???
[00:03] <@gumbal1> More tremors appear to be approaching you…
01[00:03] <Antichthon> …uh oh. Athene didn't like the feeling of this.
[00:03] <@gumbal1> > READY AN ACTION, ALL OF YOU
[00:04] <@Silvors> Fei is going to try to mass induct, or at least induct the closest one and have it throw itself in the path of the others.
01[00:04] <Antichthon> Athene readies a dodge, but called out to Ellie in thought speak at hte same time. [Ellie, there's a hole in the worm's gut. Try to find it, I'm right outside.]
[00:05] <@gumbal1> > You mean the egg, Fei?
[00:05] <@gumbal1> > Those are the only other tunnel snake like things here.
[00:05] <PuddleJumper> Skix readied to dive into the guts of the thing pluging her nose
[00:05] <@Silvors> Fei can't sense any more tunnel snakes within her range?
01[00:06] <Antichthon> "We get Ellie, and we are getting out of this hole!"
[00:06] <PuddleJumper> Skix shook her head. "Ellie you owe me big for this!"
[00:08] <@Silvors> Fei was going to ready her action as being dodge.
[00:08] <@Silvors> And going to send her coalfaerie out to the side.
[00:09] <@gumbal1> > Fei and Athene, dodge, +2 dice to your roll
01[00:10] <Antichthon> r 12 Thanke goodness for foresight!
[00:10] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 5 5 3 3 3 3 3 2 2 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[00:11] <@gumbal1> r 12
[00:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 2 2 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[00:11] <@Silvors> r 8
[00:11] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvors: [ 6 5 4 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 2 ]
[00:12] <@gumbal1> Both of you manage to avoid getting hit by debris, aside from a slight clunk on the head with a rock for Fei. This time, however, the Tunnel Snake merely keeps its head out, glaring at the crew with its petagonally symmetric eyes and gaping, tooth-filled maw.
[00:13] <@gumbal1> > SKIX
[00:13] <PuddleJumper> Dives into the guts through the hole she had torn and Athene had widened a she would have screamed if she had dared to open her mouth
[00:14] <PuddleJumper> Skix shreads with her claws trying to dig Ellie out of the nasty thing
[00:15] <@gumbal1> > ROLL TO RESIST ACID
[00:15] <PuddleJumper> r 11
[00:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 6 5 5 4 4 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[00:15] <@gumbal1> r 8
[00:15] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 3 3 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 1 ]
01[00:16] <Antichthon> Well, you couldn't say the lizard girl lacked bravery.
[00:16] <@gumbal1> Thankfully, all it does is exfoliate her skin as she retrieves the pile of goop hidden in the pile of goop.
[00:16] <@gumbal1> > ATHENE
01[00:16] <Antichthon> (Is there nothing to attack?)
[00:17] <@gumbal1> (There's a tunnel snake head poking out of the ground, looking at you menacingly)
03[00:17] * Silvy (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS) has joined #sunnybrook-fireflies
03[00:17] * ChanServ sets mode: +o Silvy
01[00:18] <Antichthon> Athene wasn't about to leave while Skix was rescuing Ellie. She'd have pulled the tunnel snake out, but, look at the size of it! Even for her that was an impossible task.
[00:19] <PuddleJumper> Skix gasped as she pulled Ellie free from the gunk she shook herself off still holding the girl "Blah….*cough* is it time to run now?"
01[00:19] <Antichthon> She looked into the maybe-probably-not-eyes of the tunnel snake and - wait. She tried to sense the mind of the snake, because it was strange that it was just staring at her. Were these things intelligent?
01[00:19] <Antichthon> The effort to sense, and maybe communicate, was her turn.
[00:20] <@gumbal1> [YOU KILLED MY MATE YOU KILLED MY SPAWN YOU KILLED MY MATE YOU KILLED MY SPAWN YOU KILLED MY…] It goes on like that for about forever.
02[00:20] * @Silvors (ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS#ten.letyrutnec.nyd.79-861-111-06|srovliS) Quit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
[00:20] <@gumbal1> You also get the slight sense that it's about to hawk up a really, really shitty loogie.
[00:20] <@Nemi> there's not really much identifiable as 'Ellie' there, just some shiny, tarry sludge mostly-dissolved into the acid.
01[00:21] <Antichthon> Athene's heart droped into her stomach. "O-oh. I…I think we might have made a mistake here people, I think these things are intelligent." Athene scooped as much of the Ellie gunk into her coils as she could. "Let's get out of here!"
01[00:22] <Antichthon> She bolted towards the exit, if there was still enough action in her turn left for that.
[00:22] <@gumbal1> > FEI
[00:22] <@gumbal1> (there is)
[00:23] <PuddleJumper> "Run Run gogo! Everyone grab everyone!"
[00:23] <@Silvy> Fei is going to head towards the exit, but also DOMINATE the giant worm to get it to join her swarm. It's not everyday you get to be the queen of kaiju.
[00:23] <@Silvy> (3 effort)
[00:23] <@Silvy> r 15
[00:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 15 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 6 6 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 3 2 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 7 ]
[00:23] <@gumbal1> r 12
[00:23] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 6 5 5 5 4 4 3 3 3 3 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 5 ]
[00:23] <@gumbal1> …and so it calms down, somehat.
[00:23] <@gumbal1> > COMBAT ENDED
[00:24] <PuddleJumper> Skix hauled ass running for the exit and trying her best to keep Ellie all in one piece.
01[00:24] <Antichthon> Why hadn't Athene considered they might be intelligent beforehand? Because they were ugly? Because they were worms? she was basically a worm! Athene prided herself on never having murdered someone. Did she just murder someone?
[00:24] <@Silvy> "I calmed it down." Fei stated as she went from a run to a casual jog.
01[00:24] <Antichthon> Athene continued to search with her mind. Was that snake a sapient creature?
[00:24] <@gumbal1> Eh. It's about as morally defensible as killing a dog might be. That's not that bad, right, Athene?
01[00:25] <Antichthon> If the tunnel snakes were as intelligent as people - making them people - Athene wasn't sure what she was going to do.
[00:25] <PuddleJumper> Skix hauled she didnt know all what ellie was made of or what being in that gut had done to her, she stung all over from the digestive juices of the creature.
01[00:26] <Antichthon> Athene popped out of the hole, throwing her loads of Ellie goop on the ground. She couldn't think about how she might be a murderer, right now. Ellie needed help. [Ellie,] She thought-spoke to the girl, as hard as she could. [Ellie, can you hear me?]
[00:26] <@Nemi> * The lil' tarry blob makes little sounds in everyone's heads. [♪ ]
[00:27] <@Nemi> [ ♫ ]
[00:27] <@gumbal1> The exit is eventually reached. The sun's nearly set.
[00:28] <@Silvy> "I calmed it down, it still has its eggs… but that wasn't the psychic presence, was it?"
[00:28] <PuddleJumper> Skix carefully puts her bit of Ellie into the pile that Athene had dropped. She smiled wanely at the musical tone in her head she breathed a sigh of relief to Athere…she also looked paler then Athene had ever saw her…she turned her head and kneeling down barfed copiously into the dry dirt
01[00:29] <Antichthon> Damnit Ellie, Athene already had a girlfriend who couldn't speak in anything but musical notes, she didn't need one of her best friends in the same condition! Despite that, however, she laughed a relieved laughed, and returned the note, as well as adding a few of her own.
[00:29] <@Silvy> "Ellie, do you want me to bring you a ton of bugs to devour? They're small but I do have a lot of them and biomass is… why don't we plop her onto the corpses of Agma's family?" Fei said that as reasonably as anyone would.
01[00:29] <Antichthon> "She'll be okay," Athene told Skix and Fei, her eyes on the pile of goop.
[00:29] <@Nemi> [ ! ! ]
01[00:30] <Antichthon> As for the psychic presence…Athene reached out to look for it.
[00:30] <@Nemi> [ :) ]
[00:30] <@gumbal1> At the Silo. Whatever it is, it's not a good thing.
01[00:31] <Antichthon> Also she was getting the sense The tunnel snakes WERENT people, and that was a big relief. Even though she did feel bad about killing the poor thing's mate.
01[00:31] <Antichthon> …and spawn.
[00:31] <@Silvy> "I don't know if that's a 'yes let me eat your pets dead family' or a 'yes let me eat your bugs'." Fei says to Ellie, going to testingly send a few dozen flies to the goopgirl.
01[00:31] <Antichthon> "We're down Ellie," Athene said, looking between Fei and Skix. "How are you two holding up?"
01[00:31] <Antichthon> "And yeah, lets plop her on the bugs."
[00:32] <@Nemi> * The lil' glob of tarry stuff attempts to absorb and devour the flies.
01[00:32] <Antichthon> With the help of the three of them, she'd probably manage.
[00:32] <@gumbal1> That's okay. It's not like killing a member of a critically endangered cryptid species will have any long lasting ecological effects or anything.
[00:32] <PuddleJumper> Skix looking pale as shit barfed hard into the dirt again, and held her thumb up as her back arched with another heave
[00:32] <@Silvy> Fei shrugged, "I'm peachy. A little bruised but nothing too bad." Fei takes the sign of fly eating and goes to send any non-stinging insects into Ellie's goo. And mosquitos. Because fuck mosquitos.
[00:32] <@Nemi> [ :o yum ]
01[00:33] <Antichthon> Athene > 13 HP
01[00:33] <Antichthon> (Report)
[00:33] <PuddleJumper> Skix 5/11
[00:34] <@Silvy> Fei > 5/9
[00:34] <@Nemi> Elllie > lol
[00:34] <@Nemi> [ באגים טעימים יאם ]
01[00:35] <Antichthon> "…I don't think we're in any shape to continue this."
01[00:35] <Antichthon> "We were suppposed to come out here and find the source of the earthquakes and hopefully stop them, right?"
[00:35] <@Nemi> [ זה היה טיפשי מצדי ]
[00:35] <@Silvy> "I… Yeah. Probably… we could go to the car and I could send a ton of bees at the problems. Yeah, I think our mission was to kill those worms."
[00:36] <@Nemi> [ אני שונא תולעים עכשיו ]
[00:36] <@Silvy> Fei sends more bugs to Ellie. Yum. And she gets Agma to drag over one of its siblings corpses to her.
01[00:36] <Antichthon> Athene shook her head. "I'm not sending us into that silo while Ellie is like this, and we're all beat up."
[00:36] <PuddleJumper> Skix shook her head. "They arent really…bad…just animals…right?"
[00:37] <@Nemi> * The blobbo hungrily chows down on the insects and faeries, slowly regaining more and more mass. [ קבצנים לא יכולים להיות בררנים ]
01[00:37] <Antichthon> Athene nodded. She'd gotten a little scare, but…"I think so, yeah." Athene joined Fei in feeding the blob.
[00:37] <@Silvy> "I have a range of about twenty miles. We don't need to be here for me to go Wickerman on whatever it is. It would probably just rile it up though, something that powerful would probably take more than just bees.""
[00:39] <PuddleJumper> Skix shook her head "I think sending a crapload of bees at something that causes earthquakes sounds like a bad idea…I got a healing thing…ive had it forever…maybe pouring it on Ellie will fix her and we can see whats in that silo."
[00:39] <@Nemi> * Eventually, the blobbo settles into a mostly humanoid shape that sits up, and after slithering around a bit more, bits shift from undifferentiated biomass into more .. familiar biomass and.. Oh there's a naked Ellie there now, looking a bit worse-for-wear and woozy. "זה היה בלתי צפוי - er, ahem. I think I could use some of that, if you're willing."
01[00:40] <Antichthon> Phew! Ell- oh. ooooh. Naked Ellie.
[00:40] <@Nemi> "/Wow/ do I feel like /garbage./" Fortunately, there's some tactically placed patches of shiny tarry goop covering her sensitive areas and ensuring this remains PG.
[00:40] <@gumbal1> Eating the bugs regains 4 health to Ellie.
[00:40] <@Nemi> .. -13.
[00:40] <PuddleJumper> Skix took a 20oz pop bottle with water and emptied a small packet of healing crystals into it, causing the water to shimmer. "Here you go…you really had me worried!"
[00:40] <@Nemi> Ellie looks a bit better, albeit woozy!
01[00:40] <Antichthon> Athene averted her gaze. "Voting time, people. Do we continue trying to handle this, or turn back?"
[00:41] <@gumbal1> Go ahead and roll for that, Jill Stein.
[00:41] <@Nemi> ".. seriously, thanks for that. Added to the list of things I'm vulnerable to- acid."
[00:41] <@Nemi> ".. anyway, I lost my throwaway phone and one of my least-favourite outfits, so I'm okay with continuing."
[00:42] <@Silvy> Fei blinks a few times as she looks at Ellie and then her face goes red. Downside about having millions of senses? This. Upside about having millions of senses? This. "I don't know if we can handle it directly…"
[00:42] <PuddleJumper> Skix goes to hand her the water and looks down at her skin…her shirt is melted off, the arachnoweave is the only thing keeping her from being naked as well…shes also covered in angry red burns
[00:43] <@Nemi> "Poke and prod on the inside maybe?" Ellie flows up to standing and takes a few moments just accounting for her parts. Fingers, check. Toes- okay, that one didn't reform properly.. fiiiixed. Head? Check.
[00:43] <@Nemi> "I'm definitely depleted, all that said. How're you guys feeling?"
[00:43] <PuddleJumper> Skix looks up to Ellie and then herself…"This is really embarassing…mind if i drink this?"
[00:43] <PuddleJumper> "I might be ok…i think."
01[00:43] <Antichthon> Athene gave Ellie a faint smile. "I can continue."
[00:43] <@Silvy> "I was thinking that. I just don't want to go in blind this time like we did in there. Especially because we're all weaker."
[00:43] <@Nemi> "Go ahead!" Ellie thumbs up enthusiastically! And yes, she still has black tarry shiny stuff covering her unmentionables, because this is PG-13.
[00:44] <PuddleJumper> Skix drinks the water for 2hp passing some to Ellie, it would give her a little pick me up but not heal her any more then superficially.
01[00:44] <Antichthon> "Ellie, do you have enough strength left over to communicate with the worm?"
01[00:44] <Antichthon> "Tell it to…I dont know, make a beeline for area 51 or something."
06[00:45] * @Nemi takes a lil' sipperooni, grins, and passes it back to Skix before she pivots to Athene. "I think that might honestly be better Fei's. I was kind of- I'm pretty much all human stock, because that's mostly what I was made from."
[00:45] <@Nemi> .. Ellie does that.
01[00:46] <Antichthon> Athene clearly wasn't feeling very upbeat. She felt like she'd failed the team. To Fei, "Talk to the worm. try to get it to go to Sunnybrook."
01[00:46] <Antichthon> "I mean, our job here is to stop the earthquakes, right?"
01[00:46] <Antichthon> *Sanctum
[00:46] <@gumbal1> [I LACK THE SAPIENCE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT AREA 51 IS AND FRANKLY THE FACT THAT I CAN COMMUNICATE THIS TO YOU IS A MIRACLE OF SCIENCE IN ADDITION EVERY INSTINCT TELLS ME TO BE MAD AT YOU BUT FOR SOME REASON I'M NOT AS MAD AS I COULD BE?]
[00:46] <PuddleJumper> Skix takes a few deep breaths and gets up…standing with the others. "Wait! I mean its a nice animal and all….but i dont want to have that thing wreckin our dorm up! Cant we just send a team later?"
[00:47] <@gumbal1> [ALSO IM REALLY HUNGRY DO YOU HAVE ANY SPARE CATTLE I COULD BORROW AND MESSILY DEVOUR]
[00:47] <@Nemi> "Huh. I'd call ahead but phone got melted too.. huh." Ellie just got echoes of that communication but it's enough for her to blink a lot. So instead, she turns around to face the silo, her hair fluttering dramatically (if kind of wet and grossly) in the wind as she does. Even if there is no wind. "Let me just.." She'll try to let some lil' tendrils of her will reach out thataway
[00:47] <@Nemi> to poke around.
01[00:48] <Antichthon> Athene swallowed, nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, I think we can do that. I mean, we learned what was going on, right?" Beat. "…Ellie, you at least hear that thing, right?"
[00:48] <@Silvy> "I'm mostly made of bugs, if we count all my brains… I did calm it down. I was thinking of sending the worm into the silo." Fei blinks a few times at that before sending more calming feelings to the Worm. [There's something in the silo you might be able to eat.]
[00:48] <@Nemi> "Ye-e-ep. Surprisingly sardonic for a big worm."
[00:49] <@gumbal1> [OKAY. IS THE SILO THE BIG PLACE WITH LOTS OF GRAIN. I LIKE MEAT AND ROOT VEGETABLES BUT GRAIN WILL DO]
[00:49] <@gumbal1> Whatever's in there, it's bad, but asleep.
[00:49] <@Silvy> [Yes, it is. There's something inside of the silo right now though. I can feel it but I don't know what it is.]
01[00:49] <Antichthon> Athene heard Fei. She blinked. Grinned. It was good someone wasn't too overwhelemd to think. "Fei, send in some bug scouts first."
[00:49] <@Nemi> ".. well, the thing in the silo is… sleeping."
[00:49] <@gumbal1> Far stronger than your average remnant, for comparison.
01[00:49] <Antichthon> "Before we do anything, bug scouts."
[00:49] <PuddleJumper> Skix nods…"uh…yeah…im sure it will totally be ok. and if it uh, just happens to explode or something in there because of something evil that would be fine."
[00:49] <@gumbal1> [OKAY THANKS MOM] And soon, the tremors begin anew…
[00:50] <@Nemi> "If I wasn't a mess, it- huh."
[00:50] <@Silvy> "I'm sending papa worm to… fine." [Hold that order. Not yet. Going to make sure it's edible. First. Don't want you eating metal, okay?]
[00:50] <@Silvy> And Fei sends in some bees to view the inside of the silo.
[00:50] <@Nemi> * Ellie looks over to the others, shrugging helplessly. One of her fingers slides off her hand and halfway down her forearm.
[00:50] <@gumbal1> [BUT I LIKE GRAIN]
01[00:50] <Antichthon> Athene was tensed, but relaxed some when Fei gave the order to the thing to stop.
[00:50] <@Silvy> [You can have grain, just give me a second to check and you can eat all the grain there, okay?]
[00:51] <@Nemi> * Ellie.. looks at the stray finger and pushes it back into place with the other hand before nodding sagely.
01[00:51] <Antichthon> Athene went to Ellie's side, gave her a side hug and a grin despite the, uh. Nakedness. "…Sorry I lost youj one of your cute outfits."
[00:52] <@Nemi> "No worries, Athene. I'll make some more. Magical girl powers, you know." Ellie winks and flashes a v-for-victory whilst leaning forward toward Athene. Were she in a frilly outfit, the pose would be Super Hecka Kawaii.
[00:53] <@gumbal1> The silo itself is…strangely empty. An opening was ripped at the back, and there's no actual grain inside. Instead, there's a long message written on the walls, partially obscured by deterioration over time. "I, LADY AGATHA GARVEY, BEING OF…AND SO, HAVING LOST TH…THOUGH MY ACTIONS CONDEMN ME TO THE BLACKEST TARTA…FIND THE STONES, UNDER THE BARN, IN MY SAFE, ATOP THE WINDVALE, AND BRING THEM HERE TO END WHAT I HAVE WROUGHT."
[00:53] <PuddleJumper> Skix scooted over a few feet from the big pile of puke she had left watching Ellie move her finger back into place…she self counsiously tried to buckle her own half melted vest back into place, this was not going well for her today…thankfully nothing she owned cost more then 5$ to replace.
[00:53] <@Silvy> Fei bit her lips. "You guys want to summon a monster? Because if we want to deal with the silo thing, we need to do a ritual."
[00:53] <@gumbal1> There's also an odd bit of paper on the floor of the Silo.
[00:54] <@Nemi> "Oh, I love rituals!"
01[00:54] <Antichthon> Athene blushed. "…Lets, uh, not give Leah any more reason to hate me besides the fact I almost got you killed, okay?"
[00:54] <@gumbal1> [MOM CAN I HAVE THE GRAIN NOW]
[00:54] <@Nemi> "Right, right.."
01[00:54] <Antichthon> Athene nodded. "Alright. LEt's do ourselves a ritual."
01[00:55] <Antichthon> "Keep that worm patient, Fei!" Stones, huh? Athene headed for the barn.
[00:55] <@Silvy> "There are stones under the barn in her safe atop the windvale and bring them there." Fei states before reaching out to her childworm and telling it to calm. [There's no more grain but we're going to find something meaty and put it in there for you if you're patient, okay hun?]
[00:55] <PuddleJumper> Skix whined…"I hate ghosts…and stuff…You guys got my back right?"
[00:55] <@gumbal1> The only other buildings are a partially submerged barn and a farmhouse in danger of blowing apart with the next wind.
[00:55] <@gumbal1> [OKAY THANKS MOM]
01[00:56] <Antichthon> "…Wasn't Ghosts n' stuff a song?"
[00:56] <@Silvy> [No problem.] Fei looked down, kicking at the dirt. Jane probably would've found this funny. Or freaked out about Fei now having a worm child… Well it wasn't her child per-say, but if it died she was going to get the eggs and carry them back to school.
[00:56] <@Nemi> * Ellie, meanwhile, wanders over to the farmhouse. "Yeah, from Skrillex, I think. Pretty good one. And yeah, Skix! I might not be able to take acid, but if it's brain stuff, I'm your lady!"
01[00:56] <Antichthon> Before Skix could answer though, Athene was alreadyo out of range. SHe reached the submerged barn, looked it over. WHat could she see in the water?
01[00:56] <Antichthon> r 11 Perception
[00:57] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 11 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 5 5 5 4 3 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[00:57] <@Nemi> * And at the farmhouse, she'll look for.. Well, try to feel out for a safe and a wind-vane without actually entering the rickety thing.
[00:57] <@Nemi> r 10 Perc I suppose
[00:57] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Nemi: [ 6 5 5 4 4 3 3 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[00:57] <PuddleJumper> Skix put her head down and followed about to respond happily…but instead she kept the mission at hand
[00:57] <PuddleJumper> r 12
[00:57] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 12 D6 against 5 for PuddleJumper: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[00:57] <@gumbal1> No water, only sand. The sand appears darker around one of the stalls, however.
01[00:59] <Antichthon> "If I start screaming, it might mean I need some help," Athene called out to rest of them cheerfully. She entered the sandy barn, investigated the stall.
[00:59] <@Silvy> Fei started building up clumps of bugs and having spider weave webs between them to act as bags to carry the stones in. Ideally, she wouldn't need to even set foot in the silo. She could just sort of do the ritual via bug. A bug ritual. That had to be, like, more powerful than a normal one, right? Bugs were supposedly evil and rituals were evil.
[00:59] <@Silvy> *spiders
[01:00] <@gumbal1> It's…okay it's just petrified horse shit. But you do find a neat little stone idol among said horse shit. It's got its screaming face and everything, perfect for the sound of the wind flowing through the barn.
[01:00] <@Nemi> * Ellie continues mentally poking around the farmhouse if she can do such a thing. She hugs her elbows to herself and at least pretends to be human and shiver a little.
[01:01] <PuddleJumper> Skix followed behind Athene closely bumping into her tail when she stopped im front of the idol "oof…uh…sorry."
01[01:01] <Antichthon> …Yikes. Was this going to be an Indiana Jones situation? She picked up the idol. She thought-spoke to the rest of them. [There's an idol in here. the "stones" she was talking about might all be idols.]
01[01:01] <Antichthon> …she also winced at Ellie's psychic feedback. Ouch, that's why she didn't thoughtspeak the girl too often.
[01:02] <@gumbal1> Even disregarding the Bad Vibes from a room in the back of the farmhouse and the weatherhen on top of it, ready to fall off at any moment, the whole place feels like it experienced hella suffering.
[01:02] <@gumbal1> Athene, the idol doesn't feel particularly bad to hold. In fact, upon touching it, the Bad Vibes from the shit stall seemed to have partially subsided.
[01:03] <@Nemi> [ Sounds spooky. ] Fortunately, Ellie's tendency to open clear links to friends avails, and the haze isn't too painful. Ellie finally dares to try to.. well, telekinetically lift herself up to awkwardly suspend herself up at the weatherhen's level.
[01:03] <@Nemi> She's never actually done this before so who knows if it'll work, but in theory..!
[01:03] <@Silvy> "Alright. That's the… barn one? There's one beneath the windvale and in the safe now." Fei says to the others through a chorus of chitters from her bugs.
01[01:03] <Antichthon> Athene returned to the spot where they'd revived Ellie. Seemed a good a spot as any to meet. [I've got mine. Form up on me when you all find yours.]
[01:04] <@gumbal1> Far from on top, the heavily rusted weatherhen actually appears to be sitting on some weird stone idol. Lots of Bad Vibes here.
[01:04] <PuddleJumper> Skix shivers "O…Ok….so long as you uh…dont say we should split up, because that would be the WORST thing!"
[01:04] <@Silvy> "I was going to ferry them to the silo via bugs, then send Wormy.. I'll call him Imugis, up there to deal with whatever appears. Kaiju fight." Oh god, Fei was naming it.
01[01:04] <Antichthon> Athene nodded at Skix gravely. "I don't split people up if I can help it."
[01:05] <@Silvy> Fei went to send a squadron of bugs to check out the inside of the house.
[01:05] <@Silvy> r 8
[01:05] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 6 5 2 2 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[01:06] <@Nemi> * "Spooky." Ellie tugs the idol up to herself with a telekinetic heave. [ Try the bedroom in the back of the farmhouse. I'm- I'm uh, not so good at moving myself around, turns out. ] And she'll try to lower herself gingerly to the ground. Not that falling would actually /hurt/ her..
[01:06] <@Nemi> Habits, right?
[01:06] <PuddleJumper> Skix looked at the odol. "So…these things are supposed to like summon something…but it cant get it itself…uh…why are we doing that again? Shouldent we just like…ya know…"
[01:06] <@gumbal1> The inside of the house is wrecked. Where it isn't covered in graffiti, it's drowned in sand. Anything that wasn't nailed down has probably already been stolen, along with a few things that have been nailed down…aside from an odd little safe in a ruined bedroom, from which, even here, a horrid feeling can be felt even approaching it.
[01:07] <@gumbal1> At least, you think it's a bedroom. There's a bed frame but no mattress.
[01:07] <PuddleJumper> "not?"
[01:07] <@Silvy> Fei goes to look at the safe and try just tugging it open.
01[01:07] <Antichthon> "Run?" Athene grinned at Skix. "…we'll vote on it one last time when all the idols are found." She looked sympathetic. "You don't have to stay if we vote to go forward. This…sounds like it's going to be very dangerous."
[01:07] <@Nemi> Ellie lands with a little 'splat' next to Skix before drawing herself back up to proper shape. She coughs as she tosses the idol to herself. "Yoooou're probably right, honestly."
01[01:08] <Antichthon> Athene watched Ellie splat. Huh.
[01:08] <PuddleJumper> Skix jumped about 8 feet in the air when Ellie splattered next to her screaming a wordless squeek "OH….god…dont DO that!"
[01:09] <@Nemi> "Sorry! Telekinesis is NOT a good replacement for flight!"
01[01:09] <Antichthon> "Better than we could do."
[01:09] <@gumbal1> It's rusted shut, Fei. You'll need a bit more force than that.
01[01:10] <Antichthon> [Just waiting on you, Fei. How's it coming?]
[01:10] <@Nemi> "I probably should have asked you to just.. rear up and grab it.."
[01:10] <@Nemi> "Oh, well."
01[01:10] <Antichthon> Athene looked up. "…probably."
[01:10] <PuddleJumper> Skix held her heaving chest…she gave a nervous laugh, glad it was only Ellie.
[01:10] <@Silvy> Pfft. Fei had spaghetti arms. "It's rusted shut and I'm weak physically." Fei is going to have Agma try yanking it open.
[01:10] <@Nemi> * Ellie pats at Skix's shoulder. [ Want me to try, Fei? ]
[01:11] <@Silvy> "Please." The chorus of insects spoke.
01[01:11] <Antichthon> Athene was going to offer, but hey, if Ellie wanted to. "..let's all go. Skix, pick up Ellie's idol, I'll take the other." And she did, trailing behind Ellie.
[01:11] <@Nemi> * Ellie turns her attention toward the house, and using Fei's presence as a beacon, tries to zero in on the safe and.. tear the door off with a powerful expression of telekinetic power. She's too lazy to actually ENTER that rickety deathtrap.
01[01:12] <Antichthon> Oh, not trailing behind then.
01[01:12] <Antichthon> But she headed that way!
[01:13] <PuddleJumper> Skix did so picking up the idol as she was asked…she had a horrid feeling about this…as if giant worm monsters wernt bad enough this whole place had her freakin out…if she had hair it would be standing on end she bet
[01:13] <@gumbal1> Fei…might want to roll reflex to get out of the rickety deathtrap that just go joustled.
03[01:13] * Mokou-work is now known as Mokou-sleep
[01:13] <@Silvy> r 8
[01:13] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 8 D6 against 5 for Silvy: [ 6 5 5 5 4 3 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 4 ]
[01:14] <@gumbal1> Well, you avoid a giant nail through your neck, so that's always a good thing.
[01:14] <PuddleJumper> Hey…uh…we arnt splitting up are we? I mean thats not good at all."
[01:14] <@gumbal1> Granted the entire fucking house falls down around you.
[01:15] <@Nemi> "Of course not. That's why Athene's going to make sure Fei isn't killed as the house falls apart and why I'm out here, with you, safe with the idols!" Ellie beams at Skix.
[01:15] <@Nemi> She also fingerguns.
[01:16] <@Silvy> If Agma okay!?
[01:16] <@Silvy> *Is
01[01:16] <Antichthon> "We're not splitting up." if anything they were getting closer together. …very quickly getting closer together now that Athene was darting for the house to save fei.
01[01:16] <Antichthon> r 10 movement
[01:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 10 D6 against 5 for Antichthon: [ 6 6 6 3 3 3 3 2 2 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[01:16] <PuddleJumper> Skix jumps this time ending up hug squeezing Athene tightly as the house crashes down in front of them….WHY did she keep going on these things! Is she nuts! "We gotta be crazy!"
[01:16] <@gumbal1> r 14
[01:16] <Mjeowlnir> Rolling 14 D6 against 5 for gumbal1: [ 6 5 5 4 4 4 3 2 2 2 1 1 1 1 ] with a TN of [ 5 ] Successes [ 3 ]
[01:16] <@gumbal1> Agma's fucking dead. Nail through the face.
[01:17] <@Silvy> Fei doesn't cry, but all the bugs in her range start angrily buzzing and chittering.
01[01:17] <Antichthon> If Athene got there in time, she'd try to use her tremendous length to reach in, snap Fei up and pull her out, with the idol.
[01:17] <PuddleJumper> She lets go once she takes off towards the wreckage. She smelled more bug gunk…aww…"You ok Fei?"
[01:18] <@Silvy> A chorus of insectoid noises crackle, "Agma died."
01[01:18] <Antichthon> Up to the sadistic god of this run if any roll was needed to save Fei.
[01:19] <@Nemi> * "Dang. Poor Agma."
[01:19] <@gumbal1> Oh no, Fei's safe. She actually hit the DC.
01[01:19] <Antichthon> Well, Athene is just overprotective, then.
01[01:20] <Antichthon> She looked sympathetic and gave Fei a hug. Then it was back to business. "We have the idols. One last vote. Do we go through with this?"
[01:20] <@gumbal1> Anyways, now that you have the idols, they don't seem as bad as they first did. At least, they don't feel as bad as they first did. Sure the faces on them are creepy, screams and jeers, but hey, ain't that all idols?
[01:20] <@Nemi> * Ellie rubs at her nose. "Everybody okay? And.. I, uh."
[01:20] <@gumbal1> > Once you do this, you can't go back until it's done.
01[01:20] <Antichthon> "…My instincts tell me this is major."
[01:20] <@Nemi> ".. honestly? Speaking as someone who /had/ sinister idols made in her name?"
[01:20] <@Nemi> "You don't /get/ sinister idols unless you're big and bad."
[01:20] <@Nemi> "And I'm /not/ 'make idols to me' big and bad anymore."
01[01:20] <Antichthon> Athene nodded grimly.
[01:21] <@Silvy> "Every time I get a giant bug, it dies. I'm taking Imugis home." The chorus decides. Fei looked at the idols and shrugged, sort of uncaring now. Her pet died. "We do have Imugis to send after it and last time Imugis' lover kind of kicked our asses. Therefore it should be able to help us kick this thing's ass."
[01:21] <PuddleJumper> Skix helped her clear away junk brushing her off. "So…im…uh…with you guys, i mean if its some sort of deamon and its not flesh and blood i cant do anything to hurt it."
01[01:21] <Antichthon> "I think we should take the idols back to Sanctum. We know the ritual. We have the idols. Maybe Firewatch can handle this or something."
[01:22] <@Nemi> "I can prrrrobably fuck up anything immaterial pretty well since that's what I /do/, but.." Ellie looks over to Athene. ".. yeah. Yeah. We're here to handle the earthquakes, or figure out what caused them. Not this."
[01:22] <PuddleJumper> Skix nodded. That seemed smartest and safest. "Yeah…they could do it, send like…specialists in occult stuff…i mean im curious and all, but i uh…that cat thing."
[01:22] <@Nemi> "I'll try and figure out what I can about whatever it /is/ so they'll be ready, but I think.."
[01:23] <@Nemi> * Ellie turns her attention on the Silo, and tries to focus all her will upon it to try to figure out what might be slumbering- with special care not to wake it.
01[01:23] <Antichthon> Athene looked from Ellie, to Skix, to Fei. "Three to one to leave. Sorry, Fei." Back to Ellie again. "…doesn't mean we can't take the long way back." She pointed her tail - still with the gigantic axe - to the jeep. "Maybe stop at Vegas?" Grin
[01:24] <@Nemi> "Yeah, I'll fit right in with the showgirls there, won't I?" Ellie grins back as the black-ooze 'bikini' suddenly flares with shapes like glossy black peacock feathers.
[01:24] <@Silvy> Fei smiled as she felt down for her wormchild. [The silo was empty, but come up here and bring your eggs and I'll take you somewhere where there's a lot of food? And we can hang out there because I have to leave here.]
[01:25] <@gumbal1> There's an idea that, beneath the earth, Hell lies, torturing sinners, hosting demons. That when the wicked die, their souls sink below the earth, into more than just the depths of a metal core. That Hell is not only tangible, but closer to humanity than one may think. Whatever is in there, it conceptually operates on that belief.
[01:25] <PuddleJumper> Skix looked down at her gunky red burnt self…"I probally shouldent go to vagas…they might put me in a show or something."
[01:25] <@gumbal1> [OKAY THANKS MOM]
[01:25] <@Nemi> "I…"
[01:25] <@Nemi> Ellie actually looks distant for a moment.
[01:26] <@Nemi> ".. that- that is a very bad thing and I think it's a /very good idea/ that we leave it to the specialists in this case."
[01:26] <@Nemi> ".. I need to find my last few 'children', then I might be able to .."
[01:26] <PuddleJumper> Skix didnt seem at all bummed holding her idol, She clapped a wet claw on Ellie's shoulder. "Great! Uh….can i try to drive? Ive only been in a few cars before."
[01:27] <@Silvy> Fei felt it was rather saddening how she had made more bug friends here than she had friends at Sanctum, at least since Jane left. "Let's go on a road trip back to school. I bet Imugis and I can outspeed you driving that car, Ellie."
[01:27] <@Nemi> ".. Sure, Skix. Go for it. I'll be there to back you up if you need a hand with it and- you're /on/, Fei."
[01:27] <PuddleJumper> Skix smiled hopefully "We could take turns maybe!"
01[01:28] <Antichthon> "At least Margo was here to keep an eye on the jeep. Wouldn't put it past that tunnel worm to eat it up."
[01:28] <@gumbal1> -RUN COMPLETE-
[01:28] <@Nemi> "Seriously.."
[01:28] <@Silvy> "I have to use my swarm to search for Imugis some food first though. He's a hungry little boy."
[01:28] <@gumbal1> -$2000 CASH EACH, THOUGH GAS EXPENSES AND PROPERTY DAMAGE MEAN THE NET GAIN FOR EACH OF YOU IS $150-
[01:28] <@gumbal1> -5 XP-
[01:28] <@gumbal1> -NPC GAINED: IMUGIS-
[01:29] <@gumbal1> -OPTIONAL BOSS DISCOVERED: THE THING IN THE SILO-
[01:29] <@gumbal1> -TUNNEL SNAKES RULE-

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License