Finding the Pithos
Floods of reports are coming in about strange activity in the city of San Ignacio and Santa Elena in Belize and a few of the surrounding areas. There has been a strange rise in crime, including but not limited to: homicide, suicide, theft, assault….
- A man was stabbed to death by his wife. She used kitchen shears to “demasculinize him”. After interviewing the woman, she stated she had reasons for what she’d done…her husband was caught cheating on her not once…not twice…not three or four times…but a dozen times with a dozen different women. He promised her the cheating would stop but it never did. She describes her husband as a lustful man.
- A teenage boy was murdered by his twin brother. The brother claims that his twin was “better looking” than him and he just couldn’t stand it anymore. The boy is reported to have had his face grinded off with a belt sander, down to the bone. Fingertips were burned off and teeth were pulled out. Acts that the boy says he did to “take away his looks and identity” so he could “be an individual” by himself. Fellow students describe the perpetrator as a vain and envious boy.
- Several elderly people have reported physical assault and robbery after leaving various banks in the city and surrounding areas. The assault is suspected to have happened due to the citizens not relinquishing their wallets and purses to the perpetrator. Four individuals are in critical condition, the others walked away with non-life threatening injuries. (The man was greedy).
- A man was found dead in his apartment. According to police and coroner's reports, the man had been dead for at least three weeks. He is described as reclusive and slow moving….and based on the hoarding and trash in his apartment…lazy. Upon autopsy of the man, the coroner discovered that the man’s stomach was completely full, though ruptured. He was found sitting at his dinner table with his face in a bowl of Campbell’s Creamy Chicken soup. Cause of death is difficult to determine…the coroner has ruled the death an accident, though states that he could have died from drowning or a ruptured stomach. (Sloth&Gluttony).
- A local youtuber has filed police reports for stalking. The woman, 22 years old, has a youtube channel dedicated to makeup tutorials and nail art. She reports that she’s been receiving emails from one of her subscribers that were innocent at first but took on a deeply disturbed sexual turn. She quoted directly to the police “He said he was pining for me. Like…who says that? I don’t even know what that means. Is he trying to kill me?!”
- A few weeks after her initial reports were filed, she notified police once again when even more emails from a few other subscribers came through…the behavior oddly similar. Police have verified that the new emails are not from the same person as her initial reports.
- Local politics is bringing out the ugliest sides of the political candidates. While it’s normal to slander one another with facts twisted to sound terrible, the candidates have seemed to take it to a whole new level. Debates have turned from what could have once been friendly arguments of opposing sides to blatant raw slandering and attacking one another’s personal pride. One candidate is currently waiting a verdict on whether he will be able to continue to run for office as he is currently facing charges of assault. He’s quoted to say “The asshole just made me so fucking angry! I’m still so fucking angry!” Police have him in a singular holding cell and have marked him as violent and unpredictable.
- Teams of 4 will go to investigate the places of all these issues. There will be a heavy emphasis on finding the source of the problems. GMU having many reasons to believe this is a result of a particular mythical Pithos actually being real and located somewhere in the area.
- Teams will have a heavy emphasis on investigation, willpower, and puzzle/problem solving.
- This mission/run/plot will be heavily themed with horror, gore, and the macabre. There will be detailed bloody descriptions given for the locations and things characters encounter along the way. Please be warned. If any of these themes bother you on a personal level, this plot/run/mission may not be for you.
Signing Your Character Up
- Players if you want to sign your character up, please leave a comment below with the character and either Team 1 for Wednesday (3/2/16) or Team 2 for Thursday(3/3/16).
- This is on a first come first serve basis. There is only room for 8 total characters. However if there are more of you that want in on this, I can and will extend it for other teams.