Demeanor: Xenos is a quiet, inherently gentle fellow. He gives people soft looks, like he's perpetually sleepy or in a daydream. He's very giving, generous, loyal, and often comes off as a pushover. He likes to listen to people talk. He comes off as completely incapable of harm, a little naive, easy to take advantage of. The kind of fellow that doesn't understand his own appeal, and doesn't know how to leverage it. He's extremely easygoing, to a fault.
Nature: Xenos is a lonely person whose personality shifts when he smokes. He's more or less incapable of anger but he takes a cig before he works, putting him in the mindset of someone significantly colder and even empty. He does quietly judge most of the people he hangs around, but he is always careful not to give his true nature away. His true nature is that of a psychopomp species that collects knowledge, perceptive and furtive and mistrustful of others.
Description: Xenos has lightly tan skin and the body of a male model, with short, slick, dark hair and unnaturally-seeming blue eyes. He's 6 feet 2 inches tall and 210lbs of muscle. He has a charming smile and white teeth. The most stunning thing about him, however, are his wings, which easily double the amount of space he takes up and have a wingspan longer than he is tall. When folded, they seem as brown as his skin. When unfolded, they come off as a mass of hues of brilliant blue. Picture of Wings
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
HP: 6/6 + 1/2 Brawn = 7/7
Brawn: (1+1) 2
Agility: (1+1) 2
Brains: (1+3) 4
Skills: 12 - cap 4 +3 Severe Bonus
- Observant - (3) Brains Very little misses his attention and he dislikes being lied to or deceived.
- Knowledgeable - (4) Brains Xenos knows a lot about a good many subjects. He specializes in history, mythology, and has a near encyclopedic knowledge of magic and magical entities. But he has passing knowledge on a surprising amount of subjects, as well.
- A Penchant For Mischief - (3) Agility For such a big fucker, he's quite silent. He also has a disquieting amount of skill at lock-picking, pickpocketing, and general thievery.
- Big Guy (2) Brawn Xenos is a big friggin guy, man. Especially for a teenager. He can throw his weight around in a fight. He can take more of a hit than others. Maybe he just doesn't have as much pain sensitivity as he should?
- Lie To Your Face (3) Brains
Supernatural Abilities: 7 beginning
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Magical Wings - (1 + 1(Upgrade) = 2) - Xenos doesn't just have wings- he has magical wings. He can not only fly with them, but each feather is imbued with a little burst of magic- or as he calls it 'little miracles'. By default, he uses this to greatly enhance a single roll of someone else's attempt at magical abilities. However, he can also use it to cast minor spells such as elemental attacks. When he rolls to enhance someone else's roll, he can use it like an additional Lending Hand if successful [Using Lending Hand twice in 1 turn].
Psychopompous - 4 - Xenos is capable of being particularly influential to a person's very soul and is capable of examining people's souls. He is capable of influencing someone's soul to attempt to compel them to do something, a sudden (temporary) change in personality or perception, and sometimes can attempt to damage their mind through temporarily severing the connection between body and soul. He can examine a soul to discern the very essence of who a person is, inner truths and secrets, which he can use to blackmail. Minor clarification: Significant soul changes such as personality can only occur on critical success rolls, regardless of ranking. All influences are otherwise temporary.
Hive Mindfulness - (2 + 1(Upgrade) = 3) - Xenos is a hive mind and his knowledge is the knowledge of all his kin- and their knowledge is his. He can dip into the hive mind to collect wisdom as necessary. This includes things like cultures, languages, realms, technologies, etc.
- Whispers In The Dark(Severe): Xenos' species functions with instinctive attraction to the dead and a tendency to collect knowledge to funnel into the greater collective knowledge of their species through a partial hive mind. His mind is particularly easy to influence and he will become so distracted around the dead he may completely forget what he's doing. At GM discretion he can automatically fail or roll a severe penalty vs any psychic attacks. At GM discretion he can automatically fail or roll a severe penalty on any roll when around the undead, ghosts, and the dying (including teammates).
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Phone, with contacts to some 'family members'
- Books, notebooks, pencil case and things you'd expect in said pencil case
- A bag of shed feathers
- A tablet/ebook reader
- A laptop
- A swiss army knife containing a knife, nailclippers, flint and steel, handyman tools, filer, hole puncher, scissors, flashlight
- Medication he takes to maintain his wings, taken twice a day
- A pack of cigarettes with no label; never seems to run out
- A Lighter
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Various charms, monster manuals, bestiaries. Lots of books, old tomes.
- Stocks of medicine
- Oils and such to maintain his wings
- Letter-writing material
- Strange, unknown symbols for stamps
Xenos Demetriou is not his real name, nor does he really have those wings. It's all a farce as determined by a mysterious psychopomp species who keep to themselves and don't really seem to interact with any other species. It's even unsure where they come from or where their homeworld is- or if they really exist at all. Many of his species' acts are attributed to those of other species. It's said the original Charon may have been one of them, albeit hidden. Xenos was brought here to investigate the GWU. His species ultimately value knowledge and lived experiences most of all, so it was natural that they send of his own to pass on the experiences of this organization.
On the official books, Xenos Demetriou was a "normal" child living in Greece. He had always been a fairly wise child, disquietingly quiet, and smart as hell. When he was 14, his entire family died in a plane accident and he was the only one who survived. However, he wasn't found normally. His normally brown eyes had shifted to a brilliant blue color and he had wings that put the sky to shame when he opened them.
Xenos spent the next year at a small chapel that became immensely popular with rumors of a real angel performing miracles for the faithful using holy angel feathers. His powers worked especially well around the dead and he said he could even predict the dying. He seemed to always know what he had to say. When the GWU arrived to invite him to school, he smiled and merely accepted with all the humility expected- and the plan was set into motion.
Xenos' real name is a series of clicks and whistling noises.
He claims his birthday to be September 20th 2002. Despite all his blue, his favorite color is white and most of his wardrobe reflects this.
He speaks with a strange accent that is certainly not Greek. But he'll say it is.
Xenos is fluent in Greek, English, his native language, and can pretend fluency through his hive mind.
XP and Upgrades
Current XP: 0
4 XP - Power Boost: +1 Wings, +1 Hive Mindfulness (0 XP Remaining)