Demeanor: What impression your character gives.
Nature: What your character is really like.
Description: What your character looks like, etc. Pictures can either be linked here or posted under Miscellaneous, but don't display the image here.
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Sweet - (#) Associated Stat (Briefly what it covers (optional))
- Cod - (#) Associated Stat (Briefly what it covers (optional))
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Radiokinesis - # - Shannon can create radiation usually in the form of glowing green blasts which she can fire off, focused through her hands. Such a power is a serious danger to everything around her. So Shannon can't use it unless she is wearing a specially designed armored suit that filters and modifies the energy to the point where it's mostly a concussive blast though some secondary effects may include burns or in rarer cases nausea, vomiting, and even hair loss. Shannon can also manipulate and create the radiation that's normally already present in the air. She could effectively microwave food or block UV for example.
Radioactive Form - # - Shannon is capable of changing her form to one composed entirely of the same energy she controls. She has little control of it and does has to worry about how much heat she gives off. Just like on a sunny day you could get a tan or on rarer occasions a burn from standing near her for too long. Possibility of a burn depends on proximity and duration, also if said person is touching her. But most of the time it's just a pleasantly warm sensation unless one were to apply too much pressure, but most would feel the heat and let go before anything too bad occurs. Lastly, energy doesn't weigh a whole lot if anything, in this form, Shannon is granted the ability to fly, though it is more like a propelled floating. She cannot be harmed by conventional means in this form. Every time this power is used, it is harder and harder for Shannon to turn back to flesh and blood.
Radioactive Senses - # - Shannon knows if other sources of radiation are around and can feed/gain energy off of them/interact with them. She can see on different spectrums including X-ray, UV, and Infrared radiation, and lastly she can hear radio waves. Or Shannon could cause interference in communication devices if she's not careful. Shannon could understandably speak through radios or even play the received waves. In her radiation form, however Shannon loses the senses of taste, touch, and smell.
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
• Shannon cannot pass for human or be around others without her suit.
• Her transformation has cost her the senses of touch, (sensation really. She can tell if something is soft or hard, smooth or pointy, etc. But she cannot feel it.) Taste, and smell (Things she greatly misses.)
• She is technically immortal, unless trauma were to occur. Yes immortality is a drawback, sure she'll live possibly billions of years, but she will do so as a walking nuclear reaction (there is also the case of Shannon lives vs. Shannon exists.)
• Aforementioned trauma would be extremely dense material such as lead, concrete, graphite, etc. While it's not a "werewolf/silver" effect as Shannon can handle these materials without getting burned, being harmed by it will cause her pain, even in her energy state (and it is easier for her to contract lead poisoning than it would be for most people.)
• Electricity and certain sound frequencies tend to make her feel uncomfortable or to the furthest range, temporarily disrupt her cohesion.
• Lapses in concentration and a strong gust of wind could disperse her, while it won't completely kill her it could take a good long while before Shannon is able to reform herself once again (without help.) Same thing if she would chose to explode for whatever reason. The effect won't kill her but disperse her, and depending upon the size of her dispersal area will put her out of commission for possibly hundreds of years. (At the most without assistance.)
• Prior to her accident and resulting physical mutation, Shannon's body had come to rely on her powers to kill any bodily invaders. The radiation prevented her from getting sick, but at the same time it weakened her body's more natural defenses. If Shannon’s powers are completely dampened for too long, she will fall victim to anything that might attack her weakened immune system.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Also mine…
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Also mine…
Shannon’s birth father was a man named Matthew Kepler. Mr. Kepler was a charming man with a big secret that he managed to keep from the world for ages. It all started at the man’s job, Kepler worked in a nuclear power plant. An accident happened one day and instead of dying or even becoming horrifically injured or sickened, Kepler gained powers. Like many people, Kepler toyed with the idea of using his powers for both villainy and heroism, but in the end, he did neither. Kepler stayed low key and did nothing to draw attention to himself.
Kepler possessed a shred of paranoia, and figured he couldn’t be the first to stumble across powers and assumed that such lucky people were abducted and taken care of by some shady government. He would be different. Kepler got it into his head to build up an empire, a legacy, with enough numbers he could challenge any dark agency that might come for him. He just needed to be patient and bide his time. He faked injury from the accident, received a large settlement and was able to retire comfortably at an early age.
Everything was going well. The man turned up the charm, went out with many women. Nothing he did was forceful or non-consensual, he wasn’t a monster after all. He always left the next day, kept a careful track of his possible future offspring. He forgot one thing. The nature of his powers. To produce and control radioactivity; a man with years of schooling and working and understanding the concepts behind his powers could hide with no issue at all. But children and the unstableness of his power…
It was a disaster, deaths, illnesses; all linked to one certain type of cause. Radiation. By the time the GWU was aware, Kepler had pulled his charming guy stunt fourteen times, of which only three resulted in children that not only inherited his gifts, but survived to adolescence. The two older ones were taken into protective custody and are held in secret GWU facilities. Shannon was the youngest, but because of the connotations of the number thirteen, her existence was overlooked. Overlooked, but like her two surviving half-siblings, it was not a secret for very long.
When Shannon was twelve, her abilities started to show themselves. At first it was small things; she could glow in the dark and started being able to switch which spectrum her vision operated at. When plant life started dying around her, Shannon knew she needed help to control her abilities, and that books wouldn’t be enough. After she spontaneously produced a glowing green orb, her existence could no longer be kept a secret.
Nor was it.
Any other information you think would be interesting.