Demeanor: Rena appears to a rather withdrawn individual, but that's only a recent occurrence due to her newly acquired condition. Currently, she is being kept under control by a collar device that measures her heart rate, blood pressure, and body temperature. If any of these reach a certain point, sedatives are administered via the device into her bloodstream to calm her and prevent a transformation. For this reason, Rena is subdued most of the time, and when not in a drugged state, tries to keep herself level headed.
Nature: Prior to her condition, Rena was quite the adventurous soul. She was active in quite a few outdoor activities and enjoyed bringing along her friends. Although academically-minded, this didn't stop her from enjoying the social aspects of her freshman year, although she opted out of the typical high school drama that plagued her small-town school. Clever, mischievous, but overall a bright and radiant person, Rena was a laid back individual that knew how to balance work and play.
Now, however, Rena is forced to process her emotions carefully. She's prone to outbursts and anger, though this tends to be contained by her school-issued collar. Furthermore, the influx of new sensations and senses has clouded her thoughts, making it very hard for her to focus on schoolwork or other things. She's rightfully a bit of a grump about the whole situation, and although she does want to fit in and make new friends, she's bitter about her predicament and held back by her current state of mind.
Description: Rena is one of the shorter students at Sunnybrook, standing at 5'3". She possesses a thinner runner's body, and is toned, with a concentration in her legs and calves. Her chest is nothing to speak of, and the rest of her body is of average proportions. Her green eyes contrast nicely with her straight, shoulder-length, reddish brown hair that is usually kept down. Rena doesn't do much to preen herself, and goes for the natural look on the rare occasion that she wears makeup. Her clothes lean towards comfort and functionality, although she does know how to create a look and tends to favor earthy tones of browns and greens, with pops of blue thrown in. Her current look is a dark green turtleneck to hide the collar with a brown jacket, jeans, and boots. She wears two dog tags around her neck and under her shirt out of sight, but otherwise does not possess any jewelry. A scar wraps around the base of her right middle finger.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Wolf Sense  (Brains): After being bitten by a werewolf, Rena gained sharper senses then the average human and is able to catch small noises and lingering odors, as well as having night-vision.
- Soft Pawed  (Agility): Regardless of her form, Rena is light on her feet/paws, and can move quickly and silently when stealth is desired.
- ‘Tis but a Scratch  (Brawn): Rena possesses a high pain tolerance and can endure wounds taking only minor penalties to her actions.
- Call of the Wild  (Brains): Growing up in an outdoorsy family has its virtues. Rena is skilled in various wilderness and scout activities, be it setting up camp, tying knots, or tracking.
- Daddy's Girl  (Brains): Having a doctor for a father has instilled in Rena a love for science. She enjoys reading about various fields and posses a range of knowledge in both medicine and biology.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
- Lycanthropy : Rena is capable of shifting into two other forms, a werewolf form, and a less aggressive wolf form.
- Furry Fury : When in werewolf form, Rena can go into a primal rage, gaining additional points to brawn in exchange for brains.
- Cellular Reorganization : Due to the nature of her transformation, when shifting forms or in were form, Rena can heal her wounds.
- Lunatic (Severe): Rena's life centers around the phases of the moon. She is most in controlling during a new moon, but as the full moon approaches, her animal instincts become harder to suppress. During the three days surrounding a full moon, Rena is forced to transform into her werewolf form at night.
- Metallergy (Severe): As a result of her lycanthropy, Rena is allergic to silver. Contact with the metal will cause burns and scarring.
- Brown, leather journal
- Leather bound book
- Black fountain pen
- Weathered, leather rucksack with stretchy fabric straps
- Pocket Knife
- Silver cross necklace
Rena grew up in a variety of locations, as her fathers military career meant that she was never in one place for very long. As a result, she's gotten to experience a great deal of places, cultures, and activities. However, her ability to keep friends has suffered, as she was never able to keep in touch with anyone she left behind whenever she moved. Instead of having close friends, Rena formed close bonds with her family, and was close to her younger sister and older brother. Family life highly valued, and she grew up eating together at the dining table with her family nearly every night.
Rena moved to the tiny town of Carlsberg, IL in 2016. With a population of less than 1000, much of her activities involved the outdoors in some shape or form. Lucky for her, two state parks were nearby, which meant plenty of hiking and camping trips for her and her family. During the summer of 2018 before her sophomore year of high school, Rena went on one such camping trip with a few people from her youth group.
The trip was much tamer than one would expect from unchaperoned high schoolers, but there was still quite a bit of goofing off and fun to be had. The arrived the evening of their first day and spend the following day hiking and backpacking through the state park. But the second night took a turn for the worse. During the night, under the light of the full moon, a wild beast attacked their camp. Rena and her tentmate took the worst of it. The beast shredded through the canvas of their tent and mauled the other high schooler before turning to the terrified Rena. Rena learned later that the beast took a sizeable bite out of her shoulder before attempting to drag her into the woods. Being from redneck territory, the eldest of the guys had brought his gun and took a few shots at the retreating beast. The wolf-like creature was shot and released Rena and disappeared into the depths of the park.
An ambulance was called an arrived in time to stabilize Rena. Her tentmate had already died from blood loss. Rena spend a couple weeks in the hospital recovering from the attack, but recovered surprisingly quickly with the exception of a persistent fever. She was released with stitches and bandages, but alive.
For the next few weeks Rena stayed home to continue her recovery, but her fever had not passed and after three and a half weeks, it spiked higher. That night, Rena experienced her first transformation. it was a excruciating and traumatic experience, and she doesn't remember much past leaving the house to wander into the nearby field to scream in pain. When she came to, she was in a containment/transport vehicle headed to Sunnybrook.
- She has two points currently on reserve.