Demeanor: Meeting Rowan might be an unnerving experience. Awkward and rather shy, they also have the tendency to stare blankly and get lost in their own thoughts. They are no in no way physically threatening, but can be rather unnerving to be around.
Nature: In reality, Rowan is actually quite a compassionate and caring person, who is attempting to overcome their awkwardness and problems with the intent to become a doctor. Those who get to know them would realize that they are empathetic and kind once they get over their apprehensiveness and awkward nature.
Description: Rowan's appearance is very androgynous, and they dress in such a manner as to make it even harder to tell their gender. In part because of their own crisis of identity, they maintain this look on purpose. They're around 5'6" tall, and very pale, of the sort where they would seem more likely to burn than tan. Their figure is overall slender, just short of being unhealthily skinny, with long limbs. They have long black hair, and almond-shaped brown eyes.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
- Medicine (3; Brains): Rowan has already studied quite a bit of biology and medicine beyond their strict curricular requirements, being interested in the field and wanting to become a doctor.
- Empathy (3; Brains): Despite their demeanor, Rowan is empathetic and notices when people are in distress, and is able to do quite a bit to make them feel better.
- Computers (3;Brains): Being a rather shy person means that they have had plenty of time to get acclimated to computers, including a fair bit on their maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Gymnastics (3; Agility): Despite their appearance, even in their native form they're rather dexterous and agile, and have recently joined the gymnastics team.
- Perception (2; Brains): Being shy and awkward comes with a sense of hyper-awareness, which comes in handy sometimes.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power or monster
- Amorphous Shifter (4): Rowan's main power is that of shifting into an amorphous form, into a large puddle of black, tar-like substance. This substance is rather viscous in nature, allowing them to stick to walls, but liquid enough that it can be squeezed through small holes. In this form, Rowan has full control of their body, able to grow multiple limbs, or none at all. As a side-effect of this power, Rowan has the ability to do minor changes to their actual body, looking masculine or feminine, slightly taller or shorter, larger or smaller. However, this is very limited, as they are unable to change their hair color, eye color, or skin tone, and those who know Rowan and of this power would be able to recognize them from the subtle details despite what form they take.
- Regeneration (1): The nature of the liquid form allows Rowan to regenerate injuries much quicker than normal.
- Resistances (2): Rowan has the ability to resist injuries that are caused by physical attacks such as blunt strikes, or bullets, as they are absorbed into their body harmlessly due to the nature of their abilities. (Resistance/3, rounded down, reduction to damage)
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- Ice and Lightning (Mild): Rowan's physiology makes them more susceptible to these two elements, and being struck by them causes the advantages given by their Resistance power to be nullified.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Android phone
- Pen and folded paper
- Usually a book of some description
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Laptop when not carried
- Multiple sets of clothes of different sizes and for both genders
- Gaming consoles
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 2018. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills and supernatural abilities are mentioned.
Rowan was the only child of an English man and a Scottish woman, Darren Clifford and Elisa Stewart, living in the suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. Rowan does not speak much of their childhood, but from all that it seems, they were always the odd one out, not seeming to fit in. Despite being the sort of child that all the others would go to if they needed something, their somewhat standoffish behaviour meant they never truly made any friends, and spent most of their time with their nose in books or at the computer playing videogames or studying. This only got worse during puberty, where around 12 years of age they would lock themselves in their room and refuse to talk to anyone for days on end. Not even enlisting in the gymnastics team did anything to help them come out of their shell.
All this came to a head a few weeks before their arrival at Sunnybrook. After a particularly troubling few weeks, and an emotional breakdown, their powers manifested and went out of control, causing quite a bit of a commotion in their home as the black blob that was their child thrashed about. Thankfully, it was GWU who came upon this supernatural disturbance first, and despite the protests of the parents, subdued Rowan with tasers, and shipped them on their way.
Any other information you think would be interesting.