Demeanor: Quiet in a kind of charming way.
Nature: Manipulative in a kind of charming way.
Description: In a few years Ross may very well be tall dark and handsome. At 15 he's taller than most of his peers 5'10 (1.78m) and he has dark hair and light green eyes. He tends to keep a simple modern wardrobe made up of mostly button-down shirts and slacks, supplemented with the occasional sweater in the colder months or a t-shirt in the warm months. He outright refuses to acknowledge skinny jeans as fashionable.
- Persuasion (Brains) 3 - The ability to get someone to agree with your point of view whether through charm or deception.
- Larceny (Agility) 2 - Picking locks, burglary, bypassing security, sleight of hand, etc.
- Athletics (Brawn) 2 - Climbing, swimming, running, jumping, and other athletic endeavors
- Grappling (Brawn) 3 - Judo, Sambo, BJJ, Wrestling, and the like.
- Infiltration (Brains) 2 - Skill in the art of getting into (or out of) secure places without being noticed.
- Credulitas (Easiness of Belief) 4 - The ability to make that which is implausible seem entirely reasonable. "You're the Consulate's long lost son and you'd like to see him? Well, you do look kind of like him. Head on in."
- Mendacity Sense 3 - The ability to detect falsehoods, whether written, verbal, non-verbal or otherwise. Irrespective of intent, if a piece of information is untrue, Ross knows it.
- I'd like one of these. Let's discuss this.
- A brown leather messenger bag containing general purpose school supplies (pens and pencils, paper, calculator, etc.), laptop, and various other odds and ends (phone charger, earbuds, thumb drive)
- Cell Phone
- Whatever book he's reading that week
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Several Judogis (4 blue, 2 white)
- Bookshelves holding his modest (but growing!) personal library
- Bluetooth speaker
- Writing desk
- A few trophies and Medals won from grappling competitions
Ross has lived in the US since he was young. Though he speaks Russian with his family, he started learning English early enough to do so without an accent. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, Rostislav's father, Igor, fell in with the Bratva (Russian Mafia). As with many young men in the same position, Igor ended up spending time in a Siberian prison camp. Igor kept his mouth shut throughout his stay in prison in hopes of impressing his superiors in the organization, but when he was denied his stars upon release due to his Jewish heritage he decided to get out. Though he was non-practicing, he petitioned the US for religious asylum, taking along his new wife Yelena when they were granted visas.
They arrived in the US in early '98 and started new lives in Albany, NY. Igor started working for a home remodeling service which was owned buy the cousin of a friend from back home. In no time he was running his own crew, and after gaining his citizenship he started his own business doing the same type of work. Yelena, meanwhile, spent her time at home. She wanted very much to go to school, but Igor was not comfortable with the idea. After the birth of their first child in the spring of 2000, a girl they named Yuliya Igorovna, Yelena settled into the life of a stay at home mother. In the fall of '03 their second child was born. They named the newborn boy after Igor's grandfather - Rostislav.
Ross' early life was pretty mundane. After a few instances with bullying in grade school (despite being the biggest kid in his grade) his father put him into martial arts classes at the local Judo club. Unbeknownst to his parents, the bully did not exist, but was merely a fabrication to get into the classes despite his mother's protest.
Ross learned quickly that anything he could not get through honesty, he could get by deceit. For a while it was thrilling to get anything he desired, but it quickly became boring. He turned his attentions toward his Judo tournaments where the outcome was never a certainty.
As time moved on, Igor began to grow ever more suspicious of his son. More than once he witnessed his son's stories accepted at face value by people who should know better. Perhaps he had a measure of Ross's own talent for perceiving lies, but whatever the cause Igor grew ever more distant and distrustful. He began spending time online searching for clues as to what might be happening with his son, and sharing his story to those who would listen. Eventually he made contact with someone at the GWU who started an investigation, and before long Ross was moved to SunnyBrook.
Any other information you think would be interesting. Info: