Name: Nalyda Hana Al-Zaman
Aliases: Nalyda, Nali, Hana
XP Unspent/Total: 18/18
Brief Description: Blending into the crowd pretty well, this girl is lost in her thoughts. She is confident about herself and shows some degree of charm, much less, if any, timidity.
Appearance: Nalyda wouldn't much stand out in a crowd. Her attire primarily consists of long coats and winter-wear along with boots and some sort of hood; if she can get it. While she isn't like some of the girls in the school, Nalyda does have a sort of charm— she isn't drop dead gorgeous. Because of her lanky figure, she is a little bit flexible and can move rather quickly if the situation calls for speed.
Personality: The eyes would say the most about her. Intelligent brown eyes, a sort of calling for her wit. There is courage and confidence, but not arrogance. The way she moves is elegant, a form of training, and a sort of coordinated and calculated movement. Nali tends to have a playful and fun-loving attitude but will be serious when the situation demands it. She is not afraid to speak her mind about important matters.
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes: Some of her favorite things to do is to play around with her illusion magic as a magician. She studies magic in this world and tries to perfect her style of magic. Nali loves to laugh, practical jokes or just humor in general is what she tends to subscribe herself to. Exploration and food is on her likes list, as well. As for what she dislikes, Nali doesn't like fighting. When caught in a corner, she will try to dodge out of that and instead disorient the enemy using illusions. Even more than fighting, she hates killing. Nali may fight someone, but she outright refuses to kill anyone who doesn't deserve it.
Brawn: 3 (Mass, Muscle, Endurance and Resilience)
Finesse: 4 (Coordination, Agility, Quickness and Grace)
Acuity: 3 (Comprehension, Clarity, Perceptiveness and Reasoning)
Resolve: 3 (Willpower, Concentration, Determination and Focus)
Charisma: 2 (Charm, Presence, Confidence and Poise)
Vitality Total: 3
Reflex Total: 8
Willpower Total: 3
Parry Roll: 8
Mundane DR: 3
Ability DR: 5
- Close Combat - (4) Finesse Take up the knife, lean your back against the wall. Defend yourself now, girl. Otherwise, you'll be trapped without any way out.
- Reflex - (4) Finesse Move quickly, your enemy won't spare you any quarter, so every move you make, everything you see, becomes tactic.
- Stealth - (4) Finesse Move in the shadows, keep from sight. If they see you, you're dead. So, just keep moving, and make sure that they only see you when you want them to.
- Movement - (3) Finesse Keep moving, don't stop. Don't take a moment to breathe, because it may be your last. Never allow yourself to be trapped, there is always a way out of the situation.
- Persian Sorcery (Verbal-Somatic) - (3) Finesse Only when all of these skills fail you, should you need to call upon some of the more dangerous magics to cripple your enemy, make them know that wit is stronger than muscle.
- Malediction (5)
What is Real - 5 (Gift — Finesse) Wave your hand, flick your wrist, throw the sand, it turns to mist. Nali waves her hand, makes a gesture and conjures illusions at her will.
- Selective Reflexes (1) - +2 to Intercept.
- Transhuman Senses (3) - Your vision isn't impaired by poor lighting, you can listen for and pick sounds out of the background noise and voices from a crowd, you have superior and more distinguishing senses of smell and taste than most humans, and your touch is more sensitive, possibly picking up vibrations more easily and distinguishing textures. +3 to resist sensory impairment, and ignore most ambient or environmental penalties to perception.
- Resistant Body (5) - 2 points of armor vs non-mundane attacks that would otherwise bypass armor.
- Martial Expertise - (4) - Her attacks with light weapons do +1 damage, and her unarmed attacks and thrown weapons do +1 damage. May not raise a weapon's base (pre-attribute) damage higher than 3.
Total Currency: $900
- A Tri-Dagger
- Linen (For Hood)
- Deck of Cards
- Backpack with Various Items
- Three Boxes of Ruined Crackers
- Book Written in Persian
- Journal, Also in Persian
- Spare Clothes
- Broken Scimitar
XP and Advancement
List what you've improved with XP since character creation.
- 5xp (Doubled - first 15 xp) ($400) - Sleeping in Seattle
- 4xp (Doubled - first 15 xp) ($300) - Do Not Call Up
Additional InformationBibliography / History:
Interpersonal Relationships: Each one of these entries are written in perfect Persian and hidden within a book under her bed.
- Michael - A caring and kind boy, from what I've seen of him so far. He was there when I first came to this place, and showed me to the infirmary.
- Valentin - A really good friend here, Val let me stay in his room for one night when I didn't actually have a place to stay. I made him some food, too— apparently his mother was also Persian.
- Eitana - By Ahura Mazda I don't know why I was so nervous. Everything I said seemed to just come out as weird and confusing. She and I have so much in common but she probably doesn't like me now. Damn my insecurities.