Demeanor: Antisocial, easily scared
Nature: Very smart, panics very easily, generally a shy quiet type
Description: Biracial Caucasian and African American girl with frizzy cinnamon hair, almost as shaggy as fur, and eyes that are completely black. Her ears are slightly pointed and ribbed and taut webs of skin connect her fingers, as well as running up her arms to her elbows and shoulder blades.
- Academics - (4) Brains (Reading and writing are both very easy to her, and she has an almost photographic memory.)
- Acrobatics - (4) Agility (She has a great sense of balance and is very light, making her ideal for acrobatics of all kinds. She can seem to fly even without her wings.)
- Covert - (4) Agility (She is very good at not being seen, even when people are searching for her, and can move like a shadow.)
- Music - (3) Brains (She has a natural affinity for music and instruments of all kinds, and also loves to sing.)
Bat Physiology - 4 - Valentine can transform into a bat either fully or partly (for example, just wings) at will, more or less whenever she wants to. The ridges of skin and bone along her arms can extend into full wings, which she can fly with despite their seemingly delicate structure She can command and control bats and other closely related mammals, as well as communicating with them. By producing high-pitched noises and catching the echoes with her unnaturally large ears, Valentine can 'see' in the dark.
Bloodsucking - 3 - She can drain a grown human of blood completely in about twenty seconds flat, faster for smaller people and animals. This strengthens her and increases her speed, strength, and agility as well as heightening her senses- the points gained should be equivalent to the current amount of points in Bloodsucker.
- +1 to Brawn
- +1 to Agility
- +1 to HP
- Light. It stings her eyes badly even when artificial, and prefers dim natural light especially when she's not wearing her sunglasses. If exposed for too long, she could easily be blinded, temporarily or even permanently, and it gives her shooting headaches. (Severe)
- She needs to occasionally drink fresh blood to survive. Otherwise she'll get lightheaded and dizzy with bad stomachaches.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Tablet for writing on
- About twenty dollars
- Necklace imbedded with a diamond, passed down from her mother
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Multicolored pens
- Sleep mask
- Cage containing pet bats
Valentine was born on August 13, 2004 to a pair of spelunkers who had been exploring an as-yet-undiscovered cave. Her mother, Ellis Gyza, was only a few weeks pregnant so the decision was made that it was safe for her to accompany her husband and Valentine's father, Thomas Gyza, on the trip, despite the inherent personal risks in any such endeavor. It went well until they wandered into an alcove invested with a previously undiscovered and very large species of vampire bats. They attacked both explorers and then flew off, leaving them dizzy from lack of blood but with no apparent lasting side effects. However, after they were safely home from the trip and waiting for the baby's arrival, they noticed that Ellis continued to suffer from the side effects of blood loss and shortage even long after her husband had fully healed. No doctor was completely sure what to make of this, especially because they had no precedent for the effects of being attacked by one of the bats.
However, the bats were only the indirect culprit. A venom coating their teeth that would normally have little to no effect on humans had greatly impacted the still-forming embryo of Valentine Gyza and twisted her genetic code, giving her, among other things, a dependence on blood, which she received from the only available source- her mother. Ellis Gyza's condition only worsened as her pregnancy progressed, and at seven months an ultrasound revealed strange vestigial bone structures, notably lining her arms and spine. When giving birth, Ellis Gyza died of traumatic blood loss, leaving a monster daughter and horrified father. Valentine's father treated her badly as she grew and tried to pretend there was nothing normal about her. However, that's hard to do when your daughter is visibly mutated, and the GWU were quickly notified.