Demeanor: Marisa is loud, she’s almost always yelling. She gets affectionate very quickly, making bodily contact with people she just met. She wears her emotions on her sleeves, telling a person what she thinks of them even if it’ll probably land her in trouble.
Nature: Marisa just likes people, it’s no fun if someone isn’t there to share it. She also has very big views on things like how science and magic are correlated, wishing to make magical technologies replace the old for the benefit of mankind.
Description: Marisa is a girl of 5’6 and has a very thin lanky build. Her eyes are blue and she keeps her blonde hair in a braid, which she does herself. She dresses mostly in tank tops and blue jeans on regular days, however when on business she has a lab coat, and a witch’s apron. she’s 14 and always seen with a smile.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
- Reflexes (4) when you get into lots of dangerous situations you yourself cause, you learn to be quick on your feet.
- Research (4) Marisa knows how to find what she needs to find, even if it takes all night, or all week, or all month.
- Determination (4) Marisa’s concentration could be on par with Buddha himself (she misquotes this very often)
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power or monster
Witch in Training (4)
Marisa has an ability to use magic, however she has no magic specialty or innate powers. The only thing she can hope to do is to develop spells from others. This takes a cumulative roll of that power’s rating x15 in research, and then 1/2th that in power roll development. She gets 1 research roll or development roll a day. Marisa gets +2 on spells that are light, or heat based, as well as star/astrology spells. But needs 2x cumulative research on spells that aren’t magic based.
Marisa also has a set amount of mana she can use, which increases by 10 per tier. It regens at 1 per minute.
- Starburst: It’s a simple spell that utilizes a blast of pure mana, the only complicated thing about it is it’s energy efficiency. 1 Mana
- Soul Magic: Marisa burns up a part of her soul to increase her body's capabilities, adding 1/3rd to her power roll to 1 Brawn or Agility check. Costs 1 Psyche and 7 Mana.
Power Shield: Target Research: 80 Power development: 40 Progress:82 Power: 15
Marisa can only bring with her 6 spells in total, this is due to the fact she needs to bring a corresponding grimoire and any necessary materials to cast the spell.
Magical Novelties (3)
Marisa isn’t just a good spellcaster, she’s also able to put her spells into objects and create magical items. She’ll be able to develop more in the future with research. She gets to roll for one of these items a day along with her research roll, unless she’s developing a new item.
Alchemy: Marisa can create various elixirs out of scavenged materials, she’s pretty good at making do with what she has, such as replacing demon blood with bleach, wine, and fresh apples.
- HP Potion: Stores HP= 1/2th roll rounded down, however it’s not too good to drink more than one as they are made of….interesting substitutes. A person can only take so many doses within a 6 hour time period, which is equal to 1/2th their HP. Materials needed are improvised demon blood and snake scales. other symbols of rebirth are allowed.
- MP Potion: Stores MP = roll, however drinking more than 2 within 6 hours is damaging to the human body, making them take 1 HP per bottle. Requires blueberries (or any antioxidant rich food) any fossil fuel, and battery acid.
Spell Card: Marisa has a specialized casting implement called a spellcard which can store a complex spell to be used in a single turn instead. They must be based off spells she has already learned, and are advancements upon them. They take 30 cumulative power development to create a new card, and cumulative power development roll of power rating x3. to make 1. to make an extra existing one. The spellcards are also very costly to make, requiring molten silver and gold, a special ink requiring arsenic, and purified paper. They have power equal to their corresponding spell at +1. Spellcards cannot be Overdrived since they are set in stone when created.
- Starburst Revelation+5 x3: This spellcard is just allowing her to make a torrent of Starbursts down on her enemies…and allies, it doesn’t exactly aim. It is defended by Brawn Defense.
Total Starburst development: 3
Enhancement: Marisa imbues an item with a spell temporarily, it lasts as long as her enhancement roll in hours.
Soul Infusion: Marisa burns up a point of psyche and 5 mana to make an item more durable, practically indestructible by mundane means.
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- She has no sense of copyright laws, though if people ask her she’ll stop ripping off their spell….until she forgets she promised. (Not a real weakness)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- A holder for her deck of spellcards
- Stale bubblegum she keeps meaning to throw away
- A syringe for drawing blood, always useful for spells.
- Bottle of ink and empty books
- Backpack full of spell ingredients (albeit unconventional ones) and grimoires
- Flint and Steel
- Failed HP potion that is just toxic, though she has no idea.
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Crate of impromptu magic implements like chalk, seaweed, cheese grater, bleach, normal stuff.
- Calligraphy set
- Mini-fridge stocked with pudding snack packs, only vanilla however
- Box of teas ranging from red, black, and green. For when guests come over.
The first 8 years of her life, Marisa was just your average girl who was living illegally in the United States due to her family getting evicted from their home up in cozy Canada. It was just the breaks of father losing his job, mother accruing debt for her college classes and overall a situation that ended up with them having to move to America to find some work. Specifically the closest state to where they lived, Pennslyvania.
Marisa however wasn’t just satisfied with how things had turned out, she was mad at how things got bad enough that they had to live away from the eyes of the law just because of some chance occurrences no one could control. She did her best in school and made a few friends as usual, but got into lots of fights due to not keeping her mouth shut when it counted. Eventually Marisa found that she could be doing more with her life, and that her school business wasn’t getting her family where it needed to be, so she turned to the only logical conclusion, black magic.
At first it just happened due to having friends over and being bored, so they tried to perform a spell and joking around they didn’t expect there to be a tiny tiny spark of magic. It was meant to give them riches but all it did was let her find a 1 cent euro the next day, this set her on the path to become a magician. The little spell was interesting but it wasn’t what Marisa needed so she started going to the library and looking into the occult. She couldn’t exactly get the fancy materials the books asked for, so she found things for cheap that were close approximations, she was so determined she’d spend her lunch money on spell implements she weren’t sure would even work. This went on for about 2 years with sloth like progress.
By the end, at 10 years old she created her very first crude spell. It was just a simple bolt of mana and one volley of the stuff drained her for a whole day, but it was exhilarating. She passed out after demonstrating to her friends and forgetting to drink water in all the excitement. She started moving onto other things besides spells, such as alchemy and binding magic to substances. Alchemy was done in her backyard, her parents were pretty sure it wasn’t a science project but they wanted to let the girl dream and aspire nonetheless. The first year of alchemy was fruitless, and mostly exploded in her face. After over 300 failed tries, she actually made a potion that did something, which was to replenish stamina, though for some reason only on her. (She later found out it’s because it replenishes her magic, not stamina)
The spellcard is one of Marisa’s pride and joy, it’s a magical wonder made of layered purified paper she had to cure herself, ink mixed with demon’s blood substitute, and molten gold she got from broken down electronics. It took a full 2 years to make just one, and a pretty simple spell at that but it didn’t matter it still excited her.enough to show to the parents, who thought it was some children’s card from a game she got interested in.
The fun times ended when she had used her spell to prevent a bullying case at her school….which turned out to actually be a misunderstanding and her not realizing the full context. This shocked her parents that her talk of magic wasn’t just some phase she was going through. Matters were made worse when GWU agents showed up at her door with the ultimatum of deporting the family if she didn’t comply.
She gets D's and F's in class due to focusing on her magical studies over the regular ones.