Name: Marie Germain
XP Unspent/Total: 0/18
Brief Description: Marie is a dark skinned young woman, her oddly white hair kept short and usually hidden under a wrap or shawl. She is usually dressed in simple linen dresses, with the occasional switch to denim and t-shirts. She seems to have a relaxed, easy going nature, always keeping her calm in public, and does her best to present a friendly face to strangers.
Dark skinned and of small stature, Marie tends to dress in simple clothing. White linen dresses, her oddly white hair covered with head wraps or shawls. Her hands and fingers are marked with tattoos, obviously done by hand, depicting Haitian veves.
Friendly in most cases, light-hearted, and open with people so long as one is on her good side. Her personality shifts strongly when possessed or wronged. Depending on the spirit possessing her, her personality can take on that of a
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes:
Marie spends much of her free time between classes in prayer or working on puzzle books. Keeping her mind calm and learning to control frustration is key in most things she does, anything that challenges that in some degree is welcome. She dabbles in yoga and meditation and has just begun to discover video games.
Marie likes honesty, people who present themselves as they are, without manipulation and guises. Those that treat others with respect. Her gifts have given her a taste for rum, and she takes pleasures in the scent of cigars.
Her one true hate in the world are men who are violent towards women. The only thing that can bring unquestioned violence from the young woman.
Brawn: 2 (Mass, Muscle, Endurance and Resilience)
Finesse: 2 (Coordination, Agility, Quickness and Grace)
Acuity: 3 (Comprehension, Clarity, Perceptiveness and Reasoning)
Resolve: 5 (Willpower, Concentration, Determination and Focus)
Charisma: 2 (Charm, Presence, Confidence and Poise)
Vitality Total: 8
Reflex Total: 2
Willpower Total: 6
Parry Roll: 2
Mundane DR: 9
Ability DR: 4
Equipped: (4/0) Free Armor
- Magic(Blood) - 3 Resolve
- Theurgy - 7(4) Resolve
- Divination - 4(1) Resolve
- Occult Knowledge - 5 Acuity
- Vitality - 3 Resolve
- Wilpower - 2 Resolve
- Perception - 3 Acuity
- Medicine - 1 Acuity
**Cheval - 5 ** (Power) Resolve Marie opens herself, calling out to and becoming a willing host for Loa spirits. While not surrendering complete control, the spirits provide Marie with a small portion of their power in return for offerings and prices paid by Marie or a willing contributor.
- Determination (3) - Marie knows sacrifice for her gifts, often giving of herself to appease the spirits she entreats for aid / In Health equation, change "Brawn + .5Resolve" to "Resolve + .5Brawn."
- Mind Over Matter (5) - Marie is not a physically powerful girl, but she has known pain, and the struggle of will to control those that use and take from her. / Use Resolve instead of Brawn for the Vitality skill.
- Deep Studies (Theurgy) (5) - Gain 2 'any' spell points, or 3 spell points for a specific field. Can be taken multiple times, but cost increases by 1 each time it's taken.
- Effort Mastery (3) - Choose Brawn or Finesse. Retained Effort beyond 1 day (and therefore assumed Effort at the start of most hard RP) is determined solely by that attribute rather than the lower of the two. For 1 more point, you may instead choose Resolve.
Total Currency: $1000 CAD
2 hand rolled Cigars
box of wooden matches
Box of Cigars.
8oz elm bark
half a dozen black feathers
XP and Advancement
List what you've improved with XP since character creation.
12xp: Resolve 5
2xp: Magic (Theurgy) 6
3xp: Magic (Theurgy) 7
1xp: Medicine 1
Sleeping in Seattle - 10xp
Animal Instincts - 8xp
Additional InformationBibliography / History:
- Espy - A good friend and a reminder of probably the most humiliating night of my life.
- Michael - Reliable. We have been on two missions together and he was always steadfast.
- Claire - I think she has a good heart but is confused. She seems too eager to jump to violence, as though it is expected of her.