Beneath the stains of time
The feelings disappear
You are someone else
I am still right here
Demeanor: Polite, if somewhat full of herself.
Nature: Maria is extremely vain and self-serving, as befitting the high priestess and prophetess in training of such a vain and self-serving demon lord. She is also rather dependent on the emotional validation of others.
Description: Maria of Doran stands at 6'1''. Maria, like most followers of Sals, is lithe, androgynous, and exceptionally beautiful. Her olive skin is covered in orange tattoos that mark her as a high priestess. Her brown hair is long, usually done up in a braid going to her waist, adorned with orange ribbons. Much of her wardrobe consists of ornate orange dresses. The most notable thing about her are probably her eyes, deep orange and always seemingly burning with a dark determination of sorts.
Security Rating: B-II-00
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- How to be a Heartbreaker (Brains): 4. First rule of cults: if the leaders ain't charismatic, charming, and trustworthy, you're gonna get nowhere.
- I Am A Rock (Brawn): 4 (2+2 from weakness). There's a side effect to being packed with magic rock: you're harder and more durable than the average, non-rocky human.
- Remember the Name (Brains): 3. Maria was raised to be a prophetess. Surely that means she'd retain some knowledge of the anomalous, right?
- Fundamentum (Brains): 3. Maria knows what she must do, and who she must do it for. She resists mind-affecting and fear-based mental attacks. Having a faith-based fundamentum helps you very much with these things.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
- You Raise Me Up: 6+T1. Being the prophetess in training to Sals means you get a lot of extra perks. Maria can roll this stat to request miracles from her master. Whether or nor they respond depends on how high the roll is, how devout the cause is, and various other factors. Most of her miracles run under the general idea of what a messiah does, like healing diseases and having life spring from nothing.
- Danger! High Voltage: 5+T1. Maria can channel Sals' power for use in heat magic. After all, what's a high priestess if she can't even channel? There are a number of applications for this:
- Roasting: Maria can increase the temperature of an object.
- Fire Manipulation: Maria can create and manipulate flames.
- Light Creation: Maria can create light through balls of concentrated heat.
Things that cause problems for your character, often side effect of your powers (or of having your powers), not necessary. Not just 'limitations' of your powers.
- Breakeven (Mild): Maria didn't get this perfect through dieting and exercise (that certainly helped, though). Much of her physical features and abilities are owed to the fact that she was cut up, stuffed with an odd, rocky material, and put back with together with spare parts numerous times in the attempt to create the perfect prophetess. As such, she is far more susceptible to limb loss than the average person. Oh well, she can always put herself back together!
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Decorated purse
- Student ID
- Pendant in the shape of a six-pointed star
- Petrified crow's foot
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Small figure of Sals
- Posters of various horror animes
- Figures from various horror animes
- Room-wide ward (Enforced)
- Music sheets
Like all ascendants to be, Maria of Doran's birth name (Matías Antonio Rivera) doesn't factor in anymore. Nor does her birthday (July 9th, 2002) or hometown (Buenos Aires, Argentina).
Maria's life truly began on August 26th, 2008, where, to pay off a debt, Maria's parents gave her off to the Children of the Orange Lord, a cult that worshiped Sals, a demon lord associated with the sun. The cult would take care of her in their stead, raising her to their needs.
Maria was taken to a secluded underground cult hideout. In the cult's care, Maria found herself confined to her room, a rather fancy thing, mostly. Maria remembers that there were other children, too. She talked with them, occasionally, but mostly she stayed in her room, only occasionally heading out to be examined by strange doctors, or to be tutored by strange teachers. It was a lonely existence, truly, and Maria found herself growing morose.
Maria remembers October 19th, 2011, at least. That was the day many things began to change for Maria.
As usual, Maria was awoken from her sleep to be taken somewhere by strange doctors. Everything went normally, up until Maria found herself going further into the medical wing than she usually went, into a bright, hexagonal room with writing on the floor and a table at the center. The strange doctors laid her down on the table, and placed an odd breathing apparatus on her mouth.
Maria woke with orange eyes, tattooed skin, and a heavy feeling in her chest.
Following this procedure, Maria was told she was to be the prophetess to Sals, having the channeling potential to do so along with the mental fortitude and physical endurance. She was allowed tentative contact with others, although Maria found that the status divide between them made most interactions somewhat stilted. In addition, her tutoring became much more focused in scope, training her to become the perfect channeler and high priestess.
After several similar procedures, on October 19th, 2015, Maria was given the choice of becoming an ascendant, forgoing her humanity completely to become a full demon. She refused, ostensibly on the basis that her physical age would cause others to lose respect for her as a high priestess.
A year later, the offer was repeated, and refused. The year after that, the offer was repeated, and refused.
The GWU made sure the offer wasn't given a fourth time.
- Idolizes Ria of Doran, a similar prophetess who ended up dying in a mysterious explosion on May 16th, 1956. Also secretly idolizes Miriam of Dunsen, a prophetess to a different deity.
- Favorite subjects are history and literature.
- Several of the modifications to her body are for purely aesthetic or mundane reasons
- As a side effect of one of the surgical procedures, she conducts static electricity rather easily. It's unknown even to her why this happens.
- Speaks English, Spanish, and "Orange" (A Mahsal language used by Sals' court) fluently, knows a bit of Portugese and French.
- Favorite musician is Tartini, favorite band is Dethklok (which you'll never hear her admit)
- On account of being the product of numerous operations intended to maximize channeling, stuff with channeling rock, relieve bodily dysphoria, and generally provide convenience and beauty, her internal anatomy makes absolutely no sense to anyone who hasn't completely mastered the study of blood magic.
Numbers Maria has Acquired
Thoughts and Relationships
- It appears that of the misguided souls here, Madeline Maddox needs my guidance the most of all.
- I am pleased that of this school, most of the students are at the very least respectful. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for Daniel Vitan.
- *page burnt*
- Yukihime Fujishima is a rather good friend. I like them.
OFFICIAL SHIPPING CHART OF SALS, THE ORANGE LORD, SPIRIT OF THE SUN, AND RIGHTFUL KING OF THOSE THAT WALK THE SURFACE
Sals has bestowed on me a certain…wisdom. As the undisputed authority on romance, they have seen fit to grant me the knowledge of the perfect match-ups at this school. I believe I shall provide commentary regarding why Sals believes this match-up to be beneficial:
- MADELINE, KATLYN, AND FONYX: THE CAT'S LEASH, THE RABBIT'S CHAIN. Sals has noticed, as I have, that Katlyn LeBlanc and Madeline Maddox, though sharing a compatibility that brings out a rather powerful will in both of them, have much trouble communicating. Therefore, it was suggested to me that FonyX…to be quite honest, I do not remember his last name. In any case, his ability to link minds would provide an excellent asset to communication. Madeline, in turn, would be able to put her good nature to use in pacifying his…disturbing tendencies.
- AIKO AND MOBY: TWO TIMES TEN AND A HALF CSM.Uh…I believe this pertains to their spheres of knowledge? Where Moby White signifies the apex of nature (does he?), Aiko Minami signifies the peak of current human technological progress. And…he may be able to cure Aiko's fear of men and dogs? Maybe?
- AKEMI AND ANDREY: THE FOX AND THE AXE.: Andrey Maijala has, in the past, displayed signs of severe bodily dysphoria regarding his appearance. At the same time, he believes that the nature of the school means that the huge amount of attractive persons in comparison to his perceived appearance makes him uncomfortable. Therefore, I suggest someone who both works well with emotion, and possesses a, well, rather homely appearance. At the same time, Akemi Kimura, a person who fits that exact description of a so-so emotional magician, has lost her shrine and, more importantly, her hold as a Kami. I believe Andrey, who has been favored by false gods to work with metal, and has been blessed with a successful career in internet proficiency, can help her regain her lost glory. It should be obvious that these two are perfect for each other.
- LISA AND ARYN: CONVERGENCE OF THE SPIRITS. Lisa Kawajiri and Aryn…her last name eludes me. Still, those two share a common ground, in relation to their powers. Both girls are bound to another, similar girl (a sister in Aryn's case, and some odd woman in a green sweater that keeps following Lisa around, which I assume is a spirit), both smell strongly of death, and, most importantly, both lost their humanity long ago. Working together, I believe they could develop their potential to the fullest.
…I will assume Sals is capable of detecting…hidden depths in others.
XP: 6 CASH: 440
Tier 0 upgrades:
- -4 XP: Power Boost (Danger, danger! High Voltage! When you raise me up.)
- -4 XP: Toughen Up (Hm. I was not aware sunlight was as vital to health as it is.)
- -4 XP: Moving to Perfection (Brawn: In truth, although stuffed with rock, I did not believe my body was suitably prepared for a blow, despite numerous signs to the contrary. Well, this should not be much of a problem given my current exercise regime and parts.)
- -4 XP: Clear Mind (I am a rock. I am an island. And a rock feels no pain, and an island never cries.)
Tier 1 upgrades:
- -4 XP: Moving to Perfection (Brains: Become smarter, so others may like you more.)
- -4 XP: Power Boost (Fire in the disco! Fire in the disco! Raise up fires down in hell!)
Career XP: 30
Career Cash: 540