Demeanor: Reserved but Not Unfriendly
Nature: Curious and Compassionate
Description: Luna is 16 years old. A little on the tall side (5'10" 3/4) and a bit skinny. Her hair is a long washed out blond running to her collar bones with skin nearly as pale and somewhat blotchy. She always wears makeup (for health reasons) though it's relatively simple. Her attire always covers her person complete with gloves and scarf or high collar. One constant is a her hooded long sleeved shirts.
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- I Read… a Lot - (3) Brains Luna reads quite a bit online in her free time. It helps her forget the aches and pains for a while and focus on something else. Given that she'll read anything from instructional manuals to literature to local online news columns in Pennsylvania, she generally knows at least a little bit about most things. (knowledge checks)
- Like I'm Not Even There (3) Agility Being quiet, people don't always pay you the most mind. Luna has become pretty good at slipping away unnoticed. (stealth)
- Hit First, Hit Hard (3) Brawn Gran always said not to pick fights, but if you had to it was best to end it quick. Make sure they won't try it again. (Fighting)
- Lets be Honest Here (3) Brains Luna doesn't like to play games or beat around the bush. If you have something to say, say it. She get's right to the point and expects others to do the same. She's got pretty thick skin but mess with her long enough and see what happens. Luna tends to bottle things up, letting things build up until she's ready to explode (Detecting ulterior motives/Making a statement)
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Sub-Dermal Superstructure - 3 - Beneath her skin lies a layer of crystalline scales along with the necessary muscles and ligaments to move those scales at will. This power has both a passive and an active use.
High Density - Passive: Aside from being the source of her other powers, these scales provide some protection from harm (things that they could stop of course. Shallow cuts would not be stopped but a stab wound may be lessened)
Scale Mail - Active: Luna can force the scales underneath her skin to the surface of her skin and interlock in a sort of gross scarlet armor. While it's quite uncomfortable it provides her with immense protection. Unfortunately, the tight interlock and her conflicting biologies make it very difficult for her to move. Her pace is incredibly slow in this state.
Crystal Shard Ejection - 3 - In each of her forearms lies three long, slender shards of dense crystal running from her wrist to just before her elbow. At will, Luna can force these shards to launch from the heel of the respective hand at high velocity, or choose to have these shards simply extrude from her arms. The shard is sharp enough to pierce targets and barbed so as to be difficult to remove. By imbuing each shard with intent, it gains one of the following properties.
- Eyes of the Arachnid: Luna gains a psychic link to the shard, she is able to sense its immediate surroundings as though she were there.
- Sting of the Wasp: The shard gains a sort of tranquilizer agent that is applied to the target.
- Drool of the Beetle: The shard becomes highly acidic to foreign objects it comes into contact with.
- Bite of the Ant: The shard gains anomalous psychoactive properties causing hallucinations and confusion in those nearby the shard.
This process is rather painful as it rips her skin on the way out. After each bolt is fired, it takes at least a day to regrow.
Healing Factor - 3 - The silver lining, for all of the trouble and pain caused by her mixed biologies, she at least ended up with a healing rate greater than both species. While she can't grow back a limb, her recovery times are greatly reduced. In particular, her body can repair damage caused by use of her powers within a few minutes. This allows her to use her powers without constantly being in danger of dying from blood loss.
Things that cause problems for your character, often side effect of your powers (or of having your powers), not necessary. Not just 'limitations' of your powers.
- Conflicting Biology - Luna is across breed of human and Ithaabote (crystalline insectoid creatures, see background) and she has a myriad of health issues because of it. She has constant ligament and joint pain in addition to the pain and damage inflicted on by her own powers. She is also allergic to sunlight and will burn very easily. Luna is at an additional -1 penalty to blocking sun/light based attacks. (Severe)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Gran's Necklace
- 150 spf Sunscreen
- A Vintage Leather Book Bag
- 6-inch Tablet
- Wallet with I.D.s and such ($17)
- Cell Phone
- Ear Buds
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A Journal written in a cipher
- A small collection of books
- An assortment of clothes all very covering
- A netbook, mouse, and charger
- A Parasol (with her if its a really sunny day)
- Soft braces for her wrists, elbows, knees, and ankles
- Pixie Dust
- Calming Stick
- $4.83 in change
List what your character's life has been like, from birth until 2018. The more, the better. Be sure that all of your character's skills and supernatural abilities are mentioned.
What She Knows:
Luna was began as a baby left on a doorstep. Technically there was something before that but no one bothered to tell her whatever that part was.She was raiesed in the fostr care system at Ms. Lavie's Home for Unclaimed Youths for the first eight years of her life. Three families had attempted to adopt her, the first two having returned her within the first six months. The third adoptive attempt came in the form of the stubborn old woman who was called Gladys. She smoked constantly and always wore floral print dresses but she was kind and stern and did not mind when Luna wanted to be by herself.
Gladys (who lways asked to be called Gran) had three other kids, all adopted. Kelani, who was from Hawaii originally, Roman, who was from Europe and wore thick glasses, and Kevin, who was constantly ill. They were reasonably happy in their ancient two story home that was located in a lazy suburb of South Texas. They played games among the many wallpapered rooms that were always unoccupied, and thus dedicated to activities like homework, crafts, or miscellaneous games. Gran never worked but they were always well off enough to be comfortable so she home schooled them instead.
The trouble started at 14, when Luna's nature reared its ugly mug. She began to have joint pains almost constantly and was so sensetive to the sun she spent most of the day inside. At night she had the most awful burning pains but felt almost paalyzed, unable to move. Gran found blood in the sheets one morning and gave Luna The Talk about how she was becoming a woman and her body would change. Her frequent aches were attributed to growing pains and a mundane sleep disorder. Luna did not like these explenations but they sufficed for a while.
The last straw came a few months later when Luna accidentally speared Roman's hand. A translucent scarlet shard of had fixed itself in a wooden support fixing Roman firmly to the wall. It quickly became apparent the Luna did indeed have some extraordinary issues to deal with. It was not long after that before it was agreed Luna should seek special help with the Fifth Sanctum.
What She Doesn't Know
Luna is in fact a cross breed of human and Ithaabote origin. The Ithaabote are a fusion of crystal and organic matter. The creatures appear to be humanoid in shape, a layer of clear crystallized "scales" covering a soft organic body underneath. While roughly humanoid in stature, they also possess a few characteristic features including powerful Mandibles and insectoid wings. As Luna grows and matures, more and more of their strange biology becomes apparent in her.
Luna's mother was a member of a cult centered around these beings somewhere in the continental US. Hybrid children typically die quickly, those that live are fall into two categories; those that outwardly resemble the creatures, and those that resemble humans. Luna fell into the latter category.Hybrids of her type are exiled from the group and never again contacted, leading to her abandonment on the steps of the orphanage.
Any other information you think would be interesting.