Lucette is quite a bit unnerving. She's constantly looking down and wearing heavy clothing, even when it's warm. She tends to stick to corners and cramped, dark spaces, so she sometimes surprises people by accidentally bringing attention to herself or joining conversations from the dark.
Nature: Lucette is good-natured, but she's no charismatic leader. She'll stick around friends a little too much, maybe even follow them around after they think she's gone. She's not really the stalker type, but her power and its side-effect make interaction difficult in most cases.
Description: Lucette's hair is black and somewhat long. She ties some of it with a white ribbon to provide contrast with her hair and predominantly black wardrobe, so as to be more noticeable. She tends to favor formal wear, and always wears a black hat, with a white band, a gift from her grandfather, who also happens to be her last living relative, and blind. Lucette.
Things you're character is good at, things normal people can do
- Multi-Tasking: (4) Agility
- Nursing (2) Brains
- Hiding: (2) Agility
- Analysis: (2) Brains
- Leverage Cute: (2) Agility
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power or monster
- Living Shadows: Lucette's shadows come into their own as creatures of darkness with the heads of birds, the "eyes" of which she can see through. They are strongest when Lucette's skin is directly exposed to light. (5)
- Shadow Control: Lucette can command her shadows as if they were extra limbs. (5)
- See In the Dark: Self-explanatory. (2)
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- Severe weakness to Light: Depending on how powerful the light, it can go from allergic reactions to bad burns. Her eyes are also very sensitive to it, and eye-strain is an ever-present reality.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Cool hat
- Book of names (she's otherwise bad with them)
- Lighter for emergencies
- Ointment for her rashes
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- A night-light (to cheat and have her shadows to do homework while she does something less boring)
- A flute she treasures
- A secret diary full of bad poetry
- A box of chocolates she got for her birthday that she hasn't found a good reason to open yet.
Lucette never go to meet her parents, as they died shortly after she was born, but she's grown up hearing stories about them and has developed a very idealistic version of who they were in life. Her grandfather took care of her. His eye-sight being what it was (he didn't go blind till a few months past her thirteenth birthday), he never noticed her severe reactions to light until the G.W.U. agents came to take her away and he was briefed on her powers, then convinced to let her go by appealing to his inability to care for her.
The young heiress to the LaGarde name (which doesn't carry as much weight as it once might've) never had the chance to be very social, but she's used to dealing with people. She's been content with being a follower all through school up till now, and won't change that easily. She has been bullied before, but her powers made it hard for the bullies to stick with it, since she could use it to prank them, scare them or simply keep watch and avoid them, the latter being her preferred method of dealing with problems.
Seeing as her grandfather couldn't do much, she took care of him and the house all by her lonesome, though with the occasional help of her shadows (and a good bit of ointment afterwards).
Lucette's eager to have her power studied, so maybe someday she can see the sun first-hand.
Lucette was born on September the 17th, 2003. She's 14 years old.
She dislikes her middle name: Laetitia.
She's wheedled a part-time job out of Shauna, owner of the local coffee shop, the "Rabbit Cafe". She's got a resumé to fill out, and no idea how. She's been hired.
Artifacts Generated: Cimmerian Cuckoo Clock
Other Advances: T1: Power Points