I'm taking my ride with destiny
Willing to play my part
Living with painful memories
Loving with all my heart
Demeanor: For someone put through so much, Lisa Kawajiri is oddly pleasant, both in individual and social demeanor.
Nature: Lisa is ambitious, driven, and determined. To her, the world is inherently cruel, and only magnified by those who wish to make it crueler. Best to head for the top, where no one gets hurt.
Description: Lisa's about 5'3'', 110 lbs. Her strawberry-blonde (dyed, her original color is black) hair is long and typically braided. Her skin is pale and bruises easily, which is hidden through a thorough makeup routine. Her eyes are oddly dark, with an odd glint to them. Lisa's wardrobe basically screams "soft-goth hipster flower-child".
Security Rating: A-II-34
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Things you're character is good at, things normal people can do.
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Look behind you. I said, look behind you. (Brains): 4. Lisa is an incredibly perceptive person, a trait which, given her background, is incredibly important. Assessing situations and reading people are important if you grow up in a tense household where nothing goes right.
- I want that throne. (Brains): 6. Lisa is fully aware of her image as a troubled young teen, and, depending on the situation, is willing to use this to her advantage. She knows Emotional Manipulation is wrong, but hey, when you're dealt a bad hand, nothing to do but bluff or fold.
- Don't touch that- (Brains): 4. Lisa has an incredibly weak immune system and incredibly thin skin. To compensate, Lisa has learned how to Treat common wounds (like cutting yourself while climbing trees), as well as Minimizing Damage from less common ones (umbrellas).
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
The only me is me.: 4+T3. Lisa constantly lives a tenuous existence slightly outside the bounds of known reality. Once every few hours, Lisa can pull herself and all traces of her and her other incarnations' existences (including memories and records) out of reality for a few seconds, equivalent to the roll value plus 5.
Are you sure the only you is you?: 6+T3 (4+2 from weakness). Lisa Kawajiri hosts the spirits of 5 dead souls and can release one at a time, though doing so tends to have interesting effects on Lisa. All attacks performed by these spirits affect psyche and physical health simultaneously (defense rolls for both are separate), although, in addition to Lisa's body taking damage as normal, damage to the spirits synchronizes with Lisa. A roll is used to determine how clearly the spirit manifested, defined by X, the roll value (values are rounded down, with a minimum of 1). They are as listed below:
- Farmer's Wife: Farmer's Wife takes the form of a bloated figure in a tattered, seaweed covered dress. Approximately 7 feet tall. (Attacking is x/2, Agility is x/4, Brawn is x)
- Captain, oh Captain: Taking the form of a rotten corpse in naval unifrom, CoC is the newest addition to Lisa. (Attacking is x, Agility is x/4, Brawn is x/2)
- Wretched Girl: Wretched Girl takes the from of a pale, emaciated, rotting, child-like figure with long, wet hair. Approximately 4'10''. (Attacking is x/2, Agility is x, Brawn is x/4)
- Little One: Little One takes the form of a fleshy, deflated bladder that floats through the air. About 6 inches in diameter. (Attacking is x/4, Agility is x, Brawn is x/2)
- Sorrowful Bride: A bloody figure in a white dress. Its jaw has broken completely, increasing its bite significantly. 6 feet tall. (Attacking is x, Agility is x/2, Brawn is x/4)
- Poor Dog: A sneaky, spindly creatures with no mouth, eyes, or ears. 15 inches long. (Attacking is x/4, Agility is x/2, Brawn is x)
Don't forget about me.: 2+T3. Lisa attempt to access up the knowledge and memories of her past incarnations. It's unreliable and often leads to terrifying hallucinations of lurking horrors, but it works. Somewhat.
Kiss of the Night (You have to know this, Buddy. I was completely lost before I found you.): Lisa has been kissed by a member of the Masquerade Court, and as such, is a member of their order now. With this, comes a few new rules to her life. Some are just general feelings she may have and others are hard rules about her life. Confidence and pride in her actions, as well as becoming more social and outgoing are side effects of this affliction.
- Grey Feather
- Vision in darkness, she can see in the darkness with little problem up to fifty feet away. This makes her eyes black, with a slight shimmer to them.
- Grace, she gains plus one to any agility based roll for one encounter per day, and only if she's performed that day.
- Thirst, she must interact with people socially or she begins to feel weaker. For every night she doesn’t spend entertaining others, she gains a stacking -1 to her psyche pool. Fixed by spending a night with others.
- Social Order, she will always be able to tell if another walker of the night is around. Vampires, werewolves, the like.
- Her Mask, one made of grey feathers, will appear in her room. When on, it gives her a +1 to social checks and makes her more enticing to others.
REND FOR THE NEW GOD: 2+T3 (5/5 THE SPIRIT IS WILLING). Lisa's disappearance powers have…progressed, is one way to say it. Experimentation following her consultation with Elspeth has lead her to the realization that Lisa can create tears in the fabric of reality, leading to strange places beyond the reach of our universe. Particularly flagrant abuses of this power, however, result in the disabling of one of Lisa's "mothers" for the period of a day. Should all Lisa's mothers find themselves disabled, Lisa herself will grow lethargic, suffering a -2 penalty to all rolls and earning double physical damage.
You wanted me to be my true self. Well…here I am.
The Black Feathers: 4+T3. Something is different about Lisa. It’s been awhile coming, but it’s obvious that her body was never particularly normal. It tore and leaked Ichor in water, grew wriggly and ill-defined during her birthday. All she really needed to do was recognize this and…force something. Lisa can split her body into tendrils, adding barbs or eyes as she sees fit. Any part of her, aside from the heart and the brain, can be converted without trouble.
- It Just Works (The only me is me. + REND FOR THE NEW GOD): By disappearing from this realm and tearing at reality to get back in, Lisa can prematurely return to this reality. Since her return to the timeline is abrupt, this creates the perfect opportunity for a surprise attack.
- (Costs 1 spirit)
- GOOD LUCK, I'M BEHIND SIX PROXIES (Are you sure the only you is you?): Attacks that directly affect the soul can be transferred to one of Ayame's spirits.
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- You've been chosen. (Severe): Lisa Kawajiri is doomed to die by water on an October 25th, and fate's ready to begin at a moment's notice. Drinking water unmixed with anything else will lead to an automatic 2 points of damage, and full submersion will automatically lead to a coma, of which Lisa will die of on the next October 25th. Water-based attacks deal double damage. Somewhere in the back of Lisa's mind, she knows these things.
- the static speaks my name (Buff Limitation): Telepathy is hard for Lisa, given her mind is constantly filled with a loud buzzing akin to television static.
- This is my normal. (Flavor): Lisa gains her powers from…something. Unfortunately, using them too flagrantly cause said something to bleed through. This is bad for the area and particularly bad for Lisa's psychological well-being.
- Friends on the Other Side (???): There's a one in six chance Are you sure the only you is you? will fail, instead replacing the summoned entity with one of six…much less useful ones. Independent of Lisa aside from synchronization, they will not assist her at all and may even hinder her. Playable by GM.
- Hizikaka-kun A long, slimy, dark grey tendril contorting itself to a vaguely humanoid form. Seemingly teleports, though atemporal entities may spot it moving oddly between teleports. (Attacking is ??, Agility is ???, Brawn is ?)
- Santa Jez: A dark grey, shapely, vaguely humanoid mass of fleshmatter, aside from the hair, which is unapologetically composed of gorgon-esque tenttacles. Seems to have a thing for twitching violently in what might pass for 'dancing' in less horific humanoids. (Attacking is ?, Agility is ???, Brawn is ??)
- Morbia: A bloated sack of off-white flesh matter and odd, toxic liquids, stretched so thin you can see whatever's floating around in the horrific juices filling her innards. Has a humming-bird like beak. Particularly violent and not in a way that benefits Lisa. (Attacking is ???, Agility is ?, Brawn is ??)
- KL#@KL#@: A lumbering flatworm-like monstrosity, complete with a single eye on a misshapen head, less like a human's and more like a glassy orb with a purple light shining inside it. Animalistic. (Attacking is ?, Agility is ??, Brawn is ???)'
- lazybear: lazybear is a small, vaguelly humanoid glob of snow-white flesh that just sort of likes lazing around. Has a giant spine growing out of its…stomach? Nobody can really tell. (Attacking is ??, Agility is ?, Brawn is ???)
- ???: An average looking pale, raven-haired girl about as tall as Lisa. Typically dressed in a green sweater and bootcut jeans, with a strapped guitar slung over her back. Feels wrong just standing near. Not a good person. (Attacking is ???, Agility is ??, Brawn is ?)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Chewing gum
- Silver Necklace
- Tea packets
- A grey feather mask she keeps in her pack. She feels it's lucky.
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Trashy YA Novels
- Several volumes of various mangas
- A saxophone with "Sireen's Call" inscribed on it
- Saxophone-cleaning utilities
- A framed picture of her at her first saxophone recital
- A silver necklace with a ruby pendant (Thanks, Zita!)
- A sort of "zero suit" acquired during a deep sea diving mission
- A portrait of her, done by Zita
- A dress once worn by La Maupin
An odd letter:
This suuuuuucks. I wanna ask Izzy out because
1. We're a match made in heaven
2. She's the only person who hasn't tried breaking me yet
3. She's basically my only friend
I dunno what to do. :<
[[tw for miscarriage and suicide]]
Isamu Kawajiri was born on July 26th, 1842. The wife of a farmer, she and her family, faced with the increasing urbanization and recessions of late 1860s Japan, decided it would be prudent to head over to America. However, their boat ended up sinking, and on October 25th, 1869, Isamu and her family drowned at sea.
Hiro Kawajiri, born Hisako Kawajiri, was born on December 16th, 1922. A soldier, he, quite unfortunately, boarded the wrong ship (the Chōkai), and found himself falling with the ship on October 25, 1944.
Lisa Kawajiri was born on January 6th, 1946. The daughter of an American soldier and a poor Japanese woman, Lisa lived a life of poverty and scorn. On October 25th, 1961, Lisa was kidnapped and drowned by a racial purist.
Lisa Fitzgerald-Kawajiri was born on October 27th, 1963, but had already died on October 25th, 1963. Allegedly, the cause of death was a diving accident involving her mother.
Lisa Kawajiri, née Armstrong, was born on February 26th, 1971. She had a relatively normal life until April of 1999, when, following her marriage to Isaku Kawajiri, she suddenly developed an intense fear of water. She would refuse to drink it unless mixed with something else, and would avoid crossing large bodies of water whenever possible. Her fear grew and grew until, on October 25th, 1999, Lisa jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge and drowned.
Lisa, born on June 16th, 2000, was a Shiba Inu adopted by Hiroshi Kawajiri. Playful and loyal, her free spirit eventually got the best of her, and on October 25th, 2002, while playing with her owner on the beach, Lisa wandered too close to the road and was struck by a drunk driver and flung into the sea, where she ended up drowning.
Lisa Ayame Kawajiri was born on October 25th, 2003 in the town of San Morgan, Texas. The daughter of middle-class Japanese-American parents, Lisa should have had, by all means, a relatively boring life.
Unfortunately for her, normal lives are for people who aren't hosts for vengeful spirits and eldritch interests.
Diagnosed with Aquagenic urticaria and a weak immune system at a young age, Lisa was often sick, and therefore missed a lot growing up. When she wasn't sick, she was far too shy to interact with others on a regular basis. Her nights were occupied by sleep paralysis and night terrors. To combat these things, she often turned to her "imaginary friends".
Lisa's "imaginary friends" would help her go to sleep, comfort her when she was sad, and generally make life less lonely. She would watch TV with them, play games with them, all sorts of activities to wash away the loneliness.
This stopped at about the approximate moment Lisa's mom came home a bit too early, panicked at the sight of a jawless wraith, and promptly smacked it in the head with her umbrella, knocking both her and Lisa unconscious.
Any attempts by Lisa to summon her friends would then result in unconsciousness. Around this time, her night terrors grew worse and worse, growing increasingly hostile and surreal. Additionally, the stress of the revelation of their daughter's condition lead to fighting between her parents. Confronted with loneliness and despair, Lisa quickly just wished she would disappear…
…which she did on October 25th, 2015, at 8:15 PM, while having dinner with her increasingly distant family, for the span of around 5 seconds.
Nothing was the same after this. Lisa was immediately pulled out of school and put into homeschooling. Fighting was a daily occurrence among her parents. Her mother began taking to drink to cope with the stress. Excorcists from all over the state were called in to deal with her problems, yet nothing but disappointment and chaos would follow…
…until May 1st, 2018, when Lisa received a letter telling her she was forced invited to attend Sunnybrook. She would be assured a safe environment to deal with her condition, away from the stress of family life.
Her parents bid her a tearful goodbye as she left, and promptly filed for divorce the next day.
- Allergic to dogs and cats.
- Cannot stand cherries
- Really likes coffee
- Favorite subjects are music and science
- Speaks English fluently, knows a smattering of Japanese, trying to learn American Sign Language.
- Favorite band is Queen
Numbers Lisa has Acquired
She's made it a point never to delete a number.
Thoughts and Relationships
- If everyone's as weird as Malissa, I'm definitely in for a wild ride.
- It's odd, I feel like I can trust Anthiel, even if they are a bit…odd.
- You will not beat me in this game, darling. I will have that last question if it kills me.
- Zita is an excellent audience, if somewhat excitable.
- An excellent pupil in the arts of socialization.
- I guess you know, now. Well, you don't seem to hate me, at least. That's good, at least.
- Am I the bad guy?
- Every little thing you do, every little thought of you, I can't help but scream. I want to be happy for your social progress, yet I can't help but feel envious. I want to help you with your condition, but you won't let me and I can't trust myself to let you feed on me. I want to [scribbled out] but the thought, even in the unlikely case [scribbled out], disgusts me utterly. Most of all, I want to [scribbled out] and that scares me, more than anything.
- Katlyn, well, I'm glad Ellie dunked on me, at least. You're a rather fun person to be around.
- You realize how hilarious this is to my spirits, don't you? Not that I mind. Your company is rather enjoyable and it rather helps that I'm a sucker for friendly affection.
- You have to know this, Katlyn. Before I met you, I was invulnerable. Untouchable. Alone, above the world. And honestly, I thought I could stay that way for quite a while. It was nice, never needing anyone to help me, never fearing another Sarah Einhardt could rear her ugly head. And then, Ellie set me up on a date with you, and well…
- …it'd be a lie to say I always felt this way. When we began, I was nervous, and honestly just along for the ride. Your nature got the best of me, and that night just happened to, well…go that way. And sure, we practiced together a lot, afterwards (it was obvious when you would steal glances my way, darling) but…I guess it was only recently. Only recently that I realized what you did to me.
- You've taught me so much, Katlyn. About myself, about the world. About love. And that's why, when I look into those beautiful eyes, it's the scariest feeling in the world. For once, I'm not vulnerable. For once, I'm not that queen I try to be. I'm just…Lisa. But I guess, as I've always joked, 'the only me is me'.
- But I really, truly try to fight that fear. Because, even if the world treats me like shit, I trust you. You, Andrey, Athene…you've all taught me what it's like to truly let myself shine through.
- I love you so much.
- Welcome to the masquerade, darling.
- Kat…of everyone here, you've hurt me the most.
- I don't know, Madeline. How are you always so happy?
- That answers that.
- Why are you doing this? Why are you doing this?
- *page scribbled out in frustration*
- You are a complete and utter dork, Andrey, which is probably why I like working with you so much. That and you do a killer guitar solo.
- Aaaaaaaaaaaaand Monster Musume has nothing on my life.
- I do feel somewhat bad about leaving you so soon after. But, knowing me and who I love, it's all for the best.
- I think the worst part about us is that I actively feel glad you don't hate me. That, or the part of me that thinks you hating me would be far easier than dealing with…this.
- I hate everything that you make me do to myself. But in your skin, I couldn't blame you for any of it.
- There goes the ice queen shtick. Whoops.
- Moby is…well, this arrangement is easier than I expected it might be.
- I trusted you. I trusted you!
- I think I have a problem…maybe not.
- What kind of awful parents refuse to let their child out of a hall?!
XP: 1 CASH: 350
Tier 0 upgrades:
- -4 XP: Learning New Tricks (I want that throne.: And I will have it, one audience at a time.)
- -4 XP: Moving to Perfection (Agility: Hold down shift)
- -4 XP: Power Boost (Don't forget: Are you sure the only you is you?)
- -4 XP: Clear Mind (I will not be that weak little girl ever again)
- Power tutor: Are you sure the only you is you, Lisa?
Tier 1 upgrades:
- -4 XP: Power Boost (REND FOR THE NEW GOD)
- -4 XP: Toughen Up (Wow, eating better really has done wonders for me)
- -4 XP: Moving to Perfection (Brains: Still not valedictorian. Need to fix that.)
- -4 XP: Clear Mind (Hmph. The flesh is weak, but I am strong.)
- Power tutor: Let me don the Black Feathers
Tier 2 upgrades:
- - 4 XP: Power Boost (The Black Feathers)
- - 4 XP: Moving to Perfection (Agility: Outrunning your problems!)
- - 4 XP: Toughen Up (I'M FUCKIN' INVINCIBLE)
- - 4 XP: Clear Mind (UNBREAKABLE)
- Power tutor: If I must become a crow, then I shall grow my Black Feathers
- None yet
Career XP: 49
Career Cash: $800