Distant, keeping most at arms length, has a bit of a phobia when physical contact is anywhere in evidence. Comes off as a bit simple minded and lacking where input is required, prone to the belief that crayons are as delicious as candy canes and should be savored as such.
A bit high strung, overly cautious and suspicious of everything/everyone. Always one to ere on the side of caution, typically more surprised by what he's able to accomplish with his own abilities than others, but good at rolling with it. Extremely intelligent under the surface, but prefers to let others believe him an imbecile so as to maintain a constant mental advantage… Paranoid.
About 5'9" with shoulder length dark brown hair, gray eyes and an athletic build. Typically dressed in cargo pants and a plain black T-shirt, hiking boots and fingerless leather gloves.
Sometimes seen in a short-sleeved dark brown leather duster. Branded on his inner forearms with two similar designs; but those are kept under white bandage wraps that he wears at all times.
with an undershirt of course.
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Espionage - (4) Brains Ability to extrapolate and divine information with minimum interaction, read into situations and arouse little to no suspicion.
- Reflexes - (4) Agility Very quick reaction time gained from youth brawls and limited combat training.
- Extrapolative Muscle Memory - (4) // Brains+Agility // Adept at learning new physical techniques quickly, having spent several years developing minor combat skills and superior agility. This is more of a honing of physical awareness into physical practice.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Remanding - 3 - The 'Undoing' of things, as Ixi says. Imagine a baseball being thrown at your face, moments before it reaches you it suddenly pauses in midair, then retraces it's path back to the point of release and drops.
Suppose there's a locker door slammed on your fingers! Let's just undo that so that the damage is undone, and the locker door doesn't need to be torn off its hinges and cast down the hallway in an angry manner.
Anti-gravity - 3 - Gravity is something that happens, so undoing gravity- at least around himself- is possible for short periods of time, usually a few minutes. This requires great concentration, as gravity is constantly in effect.
Unthinking - 1 - Can sometimes un-think a thought from a persons mind, causing them to forget their sudden moment of clarity, or even the memory of his existence. By far the most difficult of his abilities, and something he refrains from using unless there is no other choice… long story involving his parents and their unwillingness to believe him their son after a little… accident.
Things that cause problems for your character, often side effect of your powers (or of having your powers), not necessary. Not just 'limitations' of your powers.
- The greater the effort required to perform said action, the greater the difficulty in undoing it. Ixidor's primary problem is that his power is codependent and does practically nothing aside from undoing things that have been done. Hence his dependence upon agility and quick thinking; powers are unreliable.
- The corner pieces in the brownie pan.
- Prone to severe headaches when using his powers for extended periods, or expending too much mental effort to 'undo' something. Undoing a thought is the most harmful to him and sometimes can cause nosebleeds or- if the thought is rooted deep enough and developed enough- blackouts.
- Crayons… sweet, delicious crayons.
- Social anxiety: Difficulty communicating on any level deeper than the surface, trust issues.. does this shit count?
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- 9 knives, three small, three medium, three large. All concealed of course and you likely don't want to know where he keeps one of them.
- A silver pendant locket which is never to be opened, hanging from a silver snake chain around his neck. It is never removed… ever.
- A backpack full of misc items such as rope, grappling hook, screwdrivers, one compact power drill with spare battery, taser, home-made smoke grenades about the size of ping-pong balls, multiple lighters, one propane torch, collapsible bolt cutters, a plastic bag full of latex gloves, first aid kit, a few throwing knives, some candlesticks, a plethora of sketching pencils and one sketch book.
- One pair of aviator goggles.
- One Leatherman Multi tool.
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Three guitars, Two electric and one Acoustic, as well as a half-stack Marshall Amp with a Peavey 4x12 box.
- One 60" TV with PS4 and a plethora of games, as well as Pixar movies.
- One squirrel suit.
- One long hooded cape.
- One wall of weaponry: Two Katana, Three broadswords, Four short swords (double edged of course) and an abundance of knives in all variations of size and shape. Two collapsible batons, one pair of Tonfa, one Boomerang made from wood, one boomerang made from Titanium, one bo-staff made from white oak, one hiking stick, and four wooden practice swords cut from Hop Hornbeam: Katana style, two oversized to build strength and two for actual use.
- One picture of Nikola Tesla, next to one of Albert Einstein.
- One Laptop computer.
- One metal footlocker with about 15-20 combination locks holding it closed.
After unintentionally undoing his parents memory of him on his 9th birthday, Ixidor spent the better part of a year trying to convince them that he had never drugged them, he hadn't come to them from the streets, and they were indeed his true parents. Unfortunately even after the bloodwork came back a match, the parents still could not believe that he was indeed their son and so put him up for adoption.
Spending another two years in the adoption center Ixidor finally became tired of the life and broke himself out with the aid of his first anti-grav and his first intentional use of his ability to undo a persons memory of having seen him. Escaping to the streets he was persued until somewhere around his 12th birthday when he ran smack into a former covert op. by the name of Jenkins. Jenkins spent the next three years teaching Ixidor the basics of surviving in the urban world, espionage tactics and the fundamentals of hand to hand combat. Weapons training was limited but covered a broad range of different types, how to use them, and when they were necessary.
The day Jenkins was arrested for conspiracy by Government agents was the day Ixidor revealed his abilities to his mentor and set the man free by erasing memories of their success at having finally found and captured their wayward operator… unfortunately with such unrefined use of his own power, Ixidor additionally undid the memory of himself from Jenkins himself, whom quickly vanished into the city; leaving Ixidor alone all over again with not but an abundance of knowledge, weaponry, emergency cash and a slightly broken spirit. To say nothing of his reluctance to use his power in the future.
Not much else to say… although this is still a work in progress. Ixidor is more mischievous than anything. When exercising his power he tends to act more surprised than he really is, then blame others for what he knows he was responsible for.