Demeanor: Gabriel comes off as very odd and uncomfortable. His movement can seem unnatural at times, and sometimes he'll purposely magnify any odd behavior or movement he does. He tends to sit and the back and watch others rather than be a part of the group, but is not against interrupting.
Nature: Gabriel likes to observe just as much as he likes to mess with people. He's a prankster at heart, and likes to use his weird attributes to cause a little bit of chaos. It's very rare to catch him in a solemn mood, but that's mostly because he actively hides it from anyone. His observation skills combined with his cunning mind is a dangerous weapon.
Description: When he's not bending himself in impossible ways, Gabriel is naturally a little bit tall, as well as lanky and pale. His hair is long and black, which is normally keeps in a loose ponytail or bun. He often wears black makeup around his eyes and paints lines down from them, very similarly to his mask. His grey eyes go well with his dull color pallete of clothes he seems to wear, which either hide or reveal his segmented self depending on his mood that day.
His Jester outfit is is a sight to behold. Very much unlike modern Halloween costumes depicting a tunic Jesters, Gabriel's costume reflects a more of a harlequin doll style of jester, with fluffy sleeves, a ruff, and a stripped and split pattern. It's main colors are a deep, dark purple and dull gold, and it's accented with green, much like the colors of Mardi Gras. The mask he wears with the costume is a porcelain white face painted like a jester. The eyes are a tilted crescent shape, meant to resemble a person's closed eyes while laughing. It has high, rounded cheeks and a large, rounded v-shaped smile.
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Things you're character is good at, things normal people can do.
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Not an Act - (4) Agility - While he spent a good chunk of his life in the circus as a freak show display, Gabriel liked to practice on the side with the other circus acts. He especially enjoyed the acrobatic maneuvering of some of his 'co-workers.' With practice, he has become more adept at being flexible and balanced.
- A Circus of Cons - (4) Brains - Every circus has a dark side, especially ones that boast about their gallery of freaks. Liars and cheats are common place. Gabriel, having grown up on the dark side side of the circus, is very much used to deception and being deceptive. It is important to be able to manipulate both the mind and the body.
- Out of Nowhere - (3) Brawn - Gabriel isn't strong when it comes to a fight; he'd much rather slip out of a bad situation than trade blows. But sometimes, fights are unavoidable, which leaves him at a big disadvantage in the strength department. He makes up for this with his flexibility and cunning, along with his detachable parts. When fighting, Gabriel does well by making sure his hits come out of left field, leaving his opponent stunned and confused. It helps that he can take his arm off as well.
- Comes with the Costume - (3) Brains - What is a circus without its colorful wardrobe? Gabriel has been in and around a lot of zany costumes, and had to learn how to repair his own whenever something tore or broke off. While not as good as any of the seamstresses he's met, he can salvage a bad day with a needle and thread.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Ball Jointed Marionette - 4 - Ever since he was born, Gabriel has had more in common with a resin doll than his fellow human. All of his joints, his neck, waist and chest are structured similar to that of a ball-jointed figure: segmented and sectioned. He is able to twist and bend any of his jointed parts unnaturally, and is even able to detach pieces of himself and reattach them with ease.
Stringless Performance - 3 - Much like a puppet on strings, every piece of Gabriel seems to be controlled by an outside force. While no strings seem to be involved, the movement of detached pieces seem very unnatural (as unnatural as floating arms can be). Gabriel is able to control his own parts, detached or not, to a certain extent and range. He can also make phantom steps, where he can step upward as if there was set of small stairs, and gives the illusion of floating or hovering, much like a marionette doll suspended in the air by its strings. Gabriel is essentially his own puppeteer.
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- Weak Joints (Mild) - The ability to bend and detach pieces of himself comes with some drawbacks. All of his intersecting parts are a sort of weak point. If Gabriel take a hit to one of his jointed segments hard enough, odds are it will detach it from him. The sudden loss of a limb or section makes it harder for Gabriel to assume control of it, leaving him potentially open for attack for a few seconds.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Jester Mask
- A travel sized sewing kit
- A switchblade
- Make-up Kit
- Hair ties and bobbypins
- A deck of cards
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Circus Jester Costume
- Sewing Machine
- Cosmetics (make-up and the like)
- A language book about French
- Lots of pillows
- Lots of stringed beads
Gabriel Favrot hardly had a mother growing up, and even less of a father. His mother, Jessibel, was an acrobatics performer for a circus in southern Lousianna, and his father was a traveling business man who happened to have a short fling with her during his week in the South. Gabriel was a result of a spat between his mother, and another woman whom his father had flirted with at the same time. The other woman sought out a Cajun voodoo queen out of jealously, having Jessibel cursed when Gabriel's father picked her over the jealous women. Out of this curse, Gabriel was conceived, and his father soon left to resume his life.
A pregnant acrobatics performer is not a performer at all, so Jessibel was forced to leave the circus and find monetary support elsewhere. With no help from the faraway man she had slept with, she struggled financially and grew a contempt for the baby growing inside her. Eventually, Gabriel was born, seemingly deformed with broken looking elbows and knees. Jessibel returned to the circus with her new baby, and went back to performing as soon as she could. Gabriel was left in the care of whomever felt like taking care of him during the course of the day. As he grew, his deformity became more and more apparent and drastic, which lead him to be put in one of the freakshow showcases.
By the time he was eight years old, his weird body structure was revealed to be much more than weak joints. Gabriel could bend himself in ways that would normally break an arm. Given, his ability at the time wasn't that much of a feat, since there are many freakshow acts or contortionists who can do just that, but as he grew older his abilities started to manifest more. He became The Ball-Jointed Boy, and later, when he learned how to phantom step, he was The Marionette.
His entire life was the circus and his freakish ability, until he caught the eye of The Global Watch Unit. With no resistance from his deadbeat mother, Gabriel was taken into custody and eventually enrolled in SunnyBrook.
- Knows Creole French
- Can understand Cajun English
Approved by SavanahHolland