Demeanor: Chipper, bubbly, and outgoing, Fleur is the sort of person that people will either find endearing or absolutely infuriating. Her excitement and enthusiasm rarely knows bounds, which can be problematic when the topic veers to something that most might find morbid, and Fleur is still talking as if nothing's wrong. She seems to speak her mind, and rarely filters anything out. She's also very, very, spacey, and always seems distracted by
Nature: Carefree, independent, and more than a little strange. This a girl who is oddly comfortable with her own mortal nature, and thus a natural risk-taker, bon viveur, and thrill-seeker. She rarely sees the point in sadness — every moment of life is precious, and not worth wasting on Fleur a little more used to talking with the dead than with the living, and it shows; certain social niceties tend to be beyond her, particularly when it comes to taboos.
Description: Fleur's frame is petite and boyish, standing at about 5'4''. She's thin and pale, almost corpse-like, and often has light bags under her eyes from late nights. Her hair is quite obviously dyed a bright red, and cropped short into a pixie style. Soft green eyes are center in her elfin face, and her nose is adorned by a silver septum ring. Her form of dress is ecletic, but generally leans towards the casual — more often than not, her clothes sport band or instrument logos, or have a distinct motif around the dead, though unlike goth clothing, it is usually bright, colors calling to mind a Dia De Muertos festival more than a Gothic funeral.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Burial Rites - (3) Brains Fleur's a bit of a nerd when it comes to death. Whether it be folklore, rites for the departed, or even popular culture, Fleur knows a lot about how different societies deal with, and interpret death. Bonus to certain Occult and Academics rolls.
- Skulking - (3) Agility Years of sneaking around graveyard after hours have made Fleur adept at Stealth.
- Skeleton Key - (3) Agility Sneaking into a graveyard sometimes requires breaking in first. Fleur is no stranger to Lockpicking.
- First Aid - (3) Brains A solid knowledge of anatomy and basic first aid procedures allot Fleur a bonus to Medicine rolls.
- Songs of the Dead - (3) The dead sing their laments to Fleur. She is a conduit between the living and the damned, a medium. Passively, this ability is a constant link between Fleur and the dead — so long as there are spirits nearby, Fleur can hear what they have to say, whether their thoughts are hateful, or kind. Additionally, (with a roll) Fleur can temporarily animate remains to communicate with her. As long as it has some means to communicate (a head with a mouth, a severed hand with fingers to write), Fleur may attempt to converse with them — however, these conduits still retain the knowledge and personalities of the living person whose body it was, and thus may not always be cooperative with Fleur.
- Dead Man Stomp - (3) The sound of Fleur's voice rouses the dead from their eternal slumber, and charms them to her bidding. With but a few words, Fleur can reanimate remains of all sorts, which will perform one task singlemindedly until they are destroyed, or until Fleur leaves the area. Ashes become wraiths of the departed, skeletons dance and writhe as if given flesh and sinew again, and corpses rise in poor simulation of life, devoid of intellect and personality. Remains that have been reanimated in this fashion cannot be given personality via Songs of the Dead. It's either one, or the other.
- Condemnation - (3) Fleur hardens her will into a whip of pallid grey-green energy, lashing it out at a target. To mortals, this deals no physical damage, but instead drains away 1 Psyche. On undead targets of all sorts, however, the energy flays at their very essence, dealing HP damage.
- Psychopomp (Severe) - Like moths to a flame, the dead are drawn to Fleur. They whisper in her ears constantly, distracting her from tasks at hand. Fleur takes a -1 to all Skill checks, and a -2 to reflex rolls to avoid surprise attacks. Moreover, being in the direct vicinity of a death has the potential to incapacitate and deal Psyche damage to Fleur.
- Notepad and Pen
- Pocket Flashlight
- Utility Knife
- Cell Phone
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Various Good Luck trinkets
- Electric Piano
- Bass Guitar
- Acoustic Guitar
Born in the New Orleans outskirts in the late 90s, Fleur enjoyed a languorous childhood in a small, blue-collar community. From an early age, she was labeled an eccentric by the community. Her hobbies were considered morbid, to say the least, and she kept imaginary friends far longer than was considered healthy by most. The gangly child who liked to walk through the graveyard was not the family favorite. She talked often of imaginary friends, that were in reality the souls of the departed, that she had charmed and befriended. That being said, Fleur was well-liked by most of the children, particularly those that liked a good scare.
As she grew, Fleur was increasingly drawn towards music. She was a choir girl, and had learned the guitar on her own time, and thus quickly took to the blues. His connection to the spirits grew as she took to song. She saw himself as a medium in the most pure sense — an individual who bridged the gap between two worlds, who gave voice to those who had no voice. Her parents grew worried for the increasingly distant child, and sent her to Fifth Sanctum to learn more about her abilities.
Any other information you think would be interesting.