Name: Patient Zero Zero Three; Django Cikni Mirga was recovered from medical records.
XP Unspent/Total: 0/0
Brief Description: Django is extremely tall and unnaturally skinny; his sallow skin is lined with black veins, and he wears a half-face respirator. There's a barcode tattooed on his left cheekbone.
Appearance: Django resembles a tall skeleton, with sallow skin, prominent black veins, and very little flesh under his tight-stretched skin. The respirator over his lower face and nose makes a soft hiss with every breath, and his hazel eyes are shot through with the same black veins. He has dark bags under his eyes, but he stands straight and upright, despite his obvious weariness.
There are tiny crows-feet around his eyes, and his hair – what little of it there is - is going prematurely white, leaving him with salt-and-pepper stubble across his scalp.
He looks like he could be from anywhere from eastern Europe to north India, if you took a resident and locked them in a cellar for several years. He's actually Romani, and might start to look more like it with some sunshine.
He dresses in simple, soft, loose clothes that won't catch on his respirator or irritate his skin. He likes bright colours, and will often wear things that clash horribly.
Personality: No-one is sure how much of the personality inhabiting Django's body is the original boy, and how much is the fungal infection. Not even Django.
Django craves control; control of his life, control of his environment. He needs structure. If someone new is introduced to him, he is hesitant and seems cold, arrogant, even callous, until he can slot them into his mental hierarchy.
He's deferential and cool with people he perceives as his superiors; too much affection between scientist and subject was discouraged.
He's affectionate and fatherly with those he perceives as his 'inferiors', though it's not quite the right word – those who are less able than him, or who seem lost. They let the children associate, sometimes, and he was one of the eldest and longest-serving there. He's taken many lost kids under his bony wings before.
There is no conception of 'equal' in his mind.
Of course, Django is still mostly unformed, personality-wise. The infestation has made him significantly more mentally flexible, and he learns quickly; who knows how he'll end up?
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes:
Hobbies: Reading; experiencing new things; not being in the lab; teaching.
Likes: Books; bright colours; the outside; learning; protecting others; teaching; not being in the lab.
Dislikes: White walls; metal doors; the smell of disinfectant; glass containers; not knowing where he fits in; being in the lab.
Brawn: 1 (Mass, Muscle, Endurance and Resilience)
Finesse: 4 (Coordination, Agility, Quickness and Grace)
Acuity: 4 (Comprehension, Clarity, Perceptiveness and Reasoning)
Resolve: 2 (Willpower, Concentration, Determination and Focus)
Charisma: 1 (Charm, Presence, Confidence and Poise)
Vitality Total: 1
Reflex Total: 9
Willpower Total: 9
Parry Roll: 4
Mundane DR: 1
Ability DR: 1
- Reflex - (5) Finesse - The fungal infestation has rewired Django's nervous system for maximum efficiency.
- Willpower - (5) Acuity - The fungal mass that now makes up Django's brain is very hard to influence.
- Academics – (3) Acuity - Books were my only friends.
- Analysis – (1) Acuity - How does it work?
- Medicine – (1) Acuity - I have seen things.
Infest – 5: Acuity (Power) Obey.
Django can deliberately spread psychic spores, infecting others – temporarily – with subordinate colonies of his own fungal infestation. This grants him the ability to control their thoughts and actions.
Pyschotrophy – 5: Acuity (Gift) See.
Django can read the minds of others, acting like a psychic 'low point', drawing in thoughts and attacks alike.
Mycelia – 1: Acuity (Power) Spread.
Django's mind is resilient and the psychic fungal infestation actively fights external influences and damage.
- Self-Rationalisation (5) - Use Acuity instead of Resolve for mental defense checks and the Willpower skill.
- Focus Mastery: Acuity (3) - Choose Resolve or Charisma. Retained Focus beyond 1 day (and therefore assumed Focus at the start of most hard RP) is determined solely by that attribute rather than the lower of the two. For 1 more point, you may instead choose Acuity.
- Everyone's Shield (5) - Twice per turn, you may intercept without spending an action at no penalty.
- Selective Reflexes (2) - Intercept attempts get +3.
- Eidetic Memory (5) - If not pressed for time, never need to roll to recall something that you witnessed or retrieve information from memory. If pressed for time, +3 to remember, and memory is always accurate if recalled.
- Fragile and Sickly (-5) - Take +2 damage from all physical attacks.
- Fungal Alterations (Flavour Only) - Django exhales black, mildly toxic spores. His blood and internal organs have been altered, and his brain and nervous system are now a fungal mass. He can eat things most people would find nauseating. He requires a respirator to prevent those around him getting sick, and must sleep in an airlocked room. If cut, he stinks of rot.
Total Currency: $200 CAD
Spare respirator filters
Bottle of antifungal spray
XP and Advancement
List what you've improved with XP since character creation.
List sources of XP and their amounts given.
Additional InformationBibliography / History:
Interpersonal Relationships: Optional, but encouraged once some are built with other characters!