Demeanor: Noble, Chivalrous, Honorable.
Nature: Bound by duty Dante is descendant of the Knight's Templar Dante himself. He does what he says he will do.
Description: Brown Hair, Hazel Eyes. Lean and Lanky. Roughly 6'4".
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Brains: 3 [2+Upgrade 2]
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Blood of the Damned- (3) Strength (Time in 'Purgatory' gave Dante enhanced stamina allowing him to endure things that most could not)
- Crusader Heritage- (3) Agility (Time in 'Purgatory' gave Dante time to train with his father and develop combat skills, Dante is an experienced swordsman, hand to hand combat, and knowledge of the crusader fighting style as well as the fighting style of their enemies at that time.)
- Crusader Sense- (3) Brain (Time in 'Purgatory' enhanced Dante's five senses.)
- Crusader Will - (3) Brain (Time in 'Purgatory' gave Dante the ability to mentally withstand attacks against his psyche.)
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Sins of the Father-4 [3+Upgrade 1] Dante can summon his father's weaponry and armory, each having their own effects. Dante can expend 1 Holy or Unholy Energy to summon them instantly. Dante can also open portals to these realms for traveling long distances.
- Death Scythe - Dante summons his father's weapon from the brinks of Purgatory by cutting his hand and saying specific words. Regardless of the weapon's location, Dante can call it into his hand. The scythe can be used as a scythe, a sword, a spear, and a chain hook (to whip enemies or even use as a grappling hook.) The weapon was forged in the fires of Purgatory, and even if it is destroyed can be reforged once more if Dante takes a turn to re-summon it.
- Crusader Armor- Dante Summons his father's armor from the depths of Purgatory by cutting his hand and saying specific words. Regardless of the armors location, Dante can call it unto his body in either the form of Holy or Unholy Armor. Holy Armor- Dante is granted 1 Holy Armor which he can add to his defense rolls, this armor lasts for X turns where X is equal to the number of Holy Energy Charges Dante has at the time of summoning. Dante cannot use this ability again until 2 turns have past after taking penance. Unholy Armor- Dante is granted 1 Unholy Armor which he can add to his defense rolls, this armor lasts for X turns where X is equal to the number of Unholy Energy Charges Dante has at the time of summoning. Dante cannot use this ability again until he becomes corrupted. (Armor ability cannot be used again until 3 turns have passed.)
Death's Embrace-4 [3+Upgrade 1]- Dante strikes his enemy's with his father's scythe. With each blow he stores Holy or Unholy energy charges. (Dante can store 1 charge per this power's rank max 7). Dante can only walk the path of Holy or Unholy at any one time, in order to use Unholy Vengeance Dante must have at least 2 Unholy Energy Charges, and in order to use Holy Crusader Dante must have 2 Holy Energy Charges. At 3 Charges of either Dante undergoes [Un]holy Corruption. The more Dante falls to Corruption the more permanent the effects become. Dante must maintain a balance. At rank 4 Dante can use his Rosary Cross to Absolve or Condemn souls instead of his scythe. At rank 6 Dante get's two charges for every use instead of 1.
- Virgil's Wisdom - On a successful hit of Death Scythe Dante Pierces the Soul of his target. Based on what Dante knows about the target. Dante can judge them as Good or Evil.
- Absolve - Dante can use his scythe attack to purify the soul of his target. The target yields 'Holy Energy' when his soul is purified which Dante stores within his scythe. For every strike Dante stores a holy charge. Heals Good aligned souls for half the power roll. Cannot be used on Evil aligned souls. Can not be used on the same target more than once per combat. Dante cannot use Absolve on the same target for two turns, at rank 6 this goes down to 1 turn.
- Condemn - Dante can use his scythe attack to condemn the soul of his target. Dante deals crippling damage to his target. The target yield 'Unholy Energy' when the soul is condemned which Dante stores within his scythe. For every strike Dante stores an unholy charge. Does Psyche damage against Evil souls, cannot be used against Good aligned souls. Dante cannot use Condemn on another target for two turns, at rank 6 this goes down to 1 turn.
- Penance - At 3 charges Dante can expend all Energy collected and regain balance within his soul. This removes all corruption and psyche damage of the target but requires a turn to do so.
- Corruption - At 3 Charges Dante becomes corrupted by Holy or Unholy Energy and gains their respective weaknesses.
The Trial of Man - 3- At 2 charges of Unholy or Holy Energy Dante can expend these charges to use either Unholy Vengeance or Holy Crusader respectively. Upon reaching Corruption Dante can only continue to gain the respective energy unless Dante takes Penance. Corruption does not fade, and at 3 stacks of Corruption Dante will begin to undergo the torment of 'Purgatory'.
- Unholy Vengeance- Dante utilizes the unholy charges he stores to bring about Unholy Vengeance upon his enemies. Dante takes his scythe and slices at the earth bringing forth hellfire from 'Purgatorio'. Dante spins his Death Scythe around him and calls upon its power to become the hooked chain. The fires coat the chain and scythe blade and Dante attacks all enemies around him. While under the effects of Unholy Corruption Dante deals 1/3 of this ability's rank in extra damage to his enemies.
- Holy Crusader- Dante utilizes the holy charges he stores to channel the power of the Holy Crusader. Dante fires Holy Energy in the shape of crosses at his enemies. For every Charge of Holy Energy Dante is granted an additional cross. (Max of 3 Crosses and goes to 5 Crosses at level 6. Crosses can only hit 1 target each.) While under the effects of Holy Corruption Dante can choose to have crosses strike his allies instead. Allies hit by Holy Crusader are healed for X where X is equal to 1/2 of the ability roll rounded down.
Things that cause problems for your character, often side effect of your powers (or of having you.
- Beatrice's Grace- While in the presence of any who believe themselves to be angels, being near them weakens Dante mentally, losing him 1 psyche until they are gone. (Temporary).
- Dante's Inferno- While in the presence of any who believe themselves to be demons, being near them weakens Dante mentally, losing him 1 psyche until they are gone. (Temporary).
- Holy Corruption- When Dante reaches 3 Holy Energy Charges he is corrupted by the holy light. Under this corruption Dante becomes zealous. He loses sight of sensible morality where he does what he thinks is best to help others regardless of consequence to himself. Dante loses 1 Psyche for every stack of Holy Corruption.
- Unholy Corruption- When Dante reaches 3 Unholy Energy Charges he is corrupted by the unholy darkness. Under this corruption Dante becomes vile and dark. His morality is self fulfilling and Dante does what ever he pleases to help himself regardless of the consequence to others. Dante loses 1 Psyche for every stack of Unholy Corruption.
- Seven Sins - Dante has carvings of sins on his back from traversing through the nine circles of Purgatory. A GM or another player can say if someone or something seem sinful to him and he will hallucinate about that thing being evil/bad/sinful because he has schizophrenia from being tormented as a kid.
- Torment of Purgatory - Dante is tortured by visions and hallucinations.
- City of Dis - For the most part when Dante travels he uses the path between the realms, and while this is convenient for time sake, it often causes Dante to relive the torment of past events. Anything he feels guilty for will weigh on his conscious during his travels through Purgatory.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Death Scythe
- Holy Water
- Rosary with his Mother's Cross.
And everything that they keep in their dorm at Fifth Sanctum. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above may be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Father's Armor.
- Virgil's Book.
Dante and his inferno, as they wrote it all those years ago…except in 'Purgatorio' time flows differently. One could spend an eternity within this so called Purgatory and not feel an instant of change within them. The damned of Purgatory made it exactly the case for Dante and his Beatrice. Dante led by Virgil into that abyss found his Beatrice. It was not long before the beloved pair were blessed in that hellish abyss - blessed with a child. Across the centuries Dante trained his son to combat the damned of this 'Purgatory' as he had named it. Dante gave his son not only his skills and weapons, but he bestowed upon him his namesake as well. Dante Alighieri II was forged from the blood and fires of the hellscape that was known as Purgatory to his father. The worst aspect of that hellish land was the fact that across the centuries on our world as time flowed, Dante remained in that hell for what merely felt like but only over four decades, and his son…remained there for sixteen years. Of course it felt to them like eternity in that pit…an eternity of pain. After centuries had past, and those 16 years gone, Dante II stumbled upon a rupture between that realm and one that lead to Sanctum. His father using what remaining energy he had, cast his son through the portal in order to save him. Now Dante II has found his way to campus.
Dante can speak a multitude of languages as per his ventures in Purgatorio caused him to communicate with individuals from all regions of the world.