If you are tired, I will carry you. If you are sad, I will hold you. If you are happy, I will be too. I will stand in front of a gun for you. I will happily lose arms and legs for you. I will walk through fire and storm to bring you back. I am your friend, and nothing can stop that.
Name: Conrad Ory
XP Unpent/Earned: 0.5/97.5
Brief Description: Conn is a short, muscular young man with dark skin and hair, pale green eyes, and extensive, hideous scarring. He's extremely laid back and friendly.
Appearance: Conn is a stocky 15-year old, standing at a meagre 5'3”. His mousy brown hair, once long, is now cut neatly. Trimmed short on the back and sides and left longer on top, swept back out of his eyes, it exposes his entire face, which is heavily scarred, especially the leftmost quarter, which is covered in a shiny pink burn scar, running down under his jaw and disappearing into his shemagh. His eyes are a pale green. His skin is dark, in sharp contrast to his eyes.
He usually wears a black, sleeveless t-shirt and blue jeans. His neck is covered with an olive and black shemagh. His feet are typically bare but hidden under his jeans.
If he needs to dress up a little, he has his formal wear from a mission - a grey waistcoat and dress trousers, and a white dress shirt and black shoes.
If given the chance to prepare for healing, he will strip down to his underwear so that he doesn't bleed all over his clothes.
Personality: Seems calm, collected and level from a distance, but any attempt to talk to him will result in a puppy-like overeagerness to befriend. Takes everything in stride, even the extremes. Always willing to offer help. Talks with a strong rural Louisiana twang. Conn desperately wants friends – ostracised for years before coming to Sunnybrook due to his clumsiness, poverty and disfigurement, he hopes that he can genuinely connect with people in this fresh start. He's eager to try and interact with new people. He can't stand people who try to hurt others, or, even worse, endanger others through carelessness. His attitude towards physical injury - that it doesn't matter, because he gets better - extends to moral and psychological injuries too. He's willing to do the things others aren't, because he knows he can deal, eventually.
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes:
- Friends! He can always make room for more.
- Being in the wilderness
- Standing up for people, even if it gets him torn up.
- Family, chosen or by blood.
- Making food – okay, making gumbo – and hot chocolate for his friends.
- How much money he makes just being a good person here.
- Being a rock.
- Careless meth makers. Long story.
- People who abandon their families or loved ones.
- Food without chilli.
- Being treated like an idiot because of his accent or his skin colour.
- People who are wasteful.
Vitality Total: 14
Reflex Total: 1
Willpower Total: 10
Parry Roll: 2
Mundane DR: 13 (15 with school-provided barrier)
Ability DR: 13
Equipped: Guardian Brigandine 4/4 (IC: His body is inhumanly durable)
- Toughness - (10 (9 + 1 from Papa's Last Gift)) Brawn Conn is inured to pain and injury, and extremely strong to boot.
- Willpower - (6) Resolve Conn is just as tough mentally as he is physically.
- Academics - (5) Acuity Conn works harder at school than he does anything else.
- Medicine - (5) Acuity Conn has been exposed to so much human biology he's dedicated time to learning how to fix it without his powers.
Steal Pain - 6: Resolve (Gift) My shoulders are broad enough for both our burdens.
Conn lays his hands on an injured person, and their wounds transfer to him. They open up on his body briefly, before his regeneration kicks in and seals them over again, leaving new, livid scars. If the target possesses anatomy that Conn does not - wings, for example - the injuries will appear on the nearest equivalent location. All the pain from the injury is felt by Conn, one of the only times he experiences real sensation, which is quite invigorating for him.
Rapid Regenerator - 7: Brawn (Power) That which doesn't kill me, leaves me horribly scarred.
Conn's wounds heal with remarkable speed. He's almost impossible to permanently hurt – he even grows back lost parts, so long as he's alive.
Creeping Flesh - 4: Brawn (Gift) This may seem unnerving.
Conn's abilities have grown to the point where he can focus his regeneration powers to assist others; by touching them, he can make some of his flesh become part of theirs, sealing wounds. It's remarkably soothing, considering his muscle literally crawls off his body and into theirs.
- Anaphia (-3) - Conn has no sense of touch whatsoever, and is incredibly clumsy because of it.
- Determination (3) - In Health equation, change "Brawn + .5Resolve" to "Resolve + .5Brawn."
- But It Refused (2) - Requires Determination. When taking damage that would bring you to 0 Health or lower, once per day you may reduce that damage enough to leave yourself at 1 Health, and take twice the difference as Psyche damage instead. (At 4 health taking 7 damage, instead take 3 damage and 8 Psyche damage)
- Unrelenting Toughness (1) - Overwrites Determination. Changes Health equation back to "Brawn + .5Resolve"
- Unkillable (35) - Beat me, stab me, shoot me. I still stand.
- Armour Of Scars (Natural Armour) (20) - Get 5 points of standard armour. If taken with Resistant Body, the lower rank one gets -1 cost per level.
- Power-Soaked Flesh (Resistant Body) (15) - Get 5 points of armor vs non-mundane attacks that normally bypass armor. If taken with Natural Armor, the lower rank one gets -1 cost per level.
Total Currency: $1051 CAD
Cheap mobile phone - not a smartphone
Dad's wristwatch (broken)
First aid kit
Whichever book he's currently reading
XP and AdvancementAdvancement:
Additional InformationBibliography / History:
Austin (Slick): Really nice guy. The first person I met, he even gave me a cool codename! I totally saved his life when we went on a mission. He's pretty cool. Doesn't mind my face. UPDATE: Saw him again! He's a little sadder and a little quieter, but he's still my friend. I'll be there for him when he needs me, this time.
Liz (Little Wolf): She seems cool.
Daniel (Cold Spell): He's a little standoffish, but seems pleasant enough.
Madeline: Knocked her down by accident and I think I scared her. My first failure since I got here. She seemed nice, if a bit insecure. UPDATE: Made it up to her with a gift of gumbo, hot chocolate and flowers, and got a hug! She's really nice. I think she needs more hugs, she gets very sad and lonely. UPDATE: She's sadder and lonelier than ever. I'm worried about her. I can't heal that pain.
Nadia: Really kind. Also a healer! I think we have a lot in common.
James: Odd, quiet kid. Brave when we got into a situation that needed it though.
Claire and Akemi: A couple of pleasant young women. Claire's a demon, and Akemi is a fox… thing? They seemed interested in my meeting with Altesse Faim.
Katlyn?: I think I scared her. She gave me some bad news, and I lot my temper for a moment. She didn't react well. I have to make it up to her somehow.
Hyacinth?: I scared her too. Despite saving her life from those gas grenades, I managed the most embarrassing first meeting possible - I was trying to give her first aid and slipped. Not the best way for her to wake up. Then I crashed into her outside the kitchen. Then I broke my nose and she started crying. I really need to make it up to her somehow.
(Not Friend)Strange Italian Guy: He's suspicious, and a smirky asshole. I do not like him.
Zita: Nice girl. I made her gumbo, then I took her to the forest to pick some flowers. She's scared of blood. We made vases!
Skix: A gator-woman! She shared her food with me, and we talked gumbo and read comics. She's really nice, but shy - like I was at first.
Aile: A Finnish lady who's made of metal? She's a really good guitarist. We swapped numbers so she can give me a call when she puts on a concert!
Cecile: Zita, but different. It's very strange, but she's good in a fight.
Branwen: She nearly died and it was my fault. I didn't even know her name.
Athene: Weh, she is a snake girl. She wants to eat me. How could I not like her, tu sais? Good leader.
Gungnir: I understand why, but it was so unnecessary.
Nora: How could she do that?