Demeanor: Quiet and contemplative, Clara prefers solitude to mass social interactions. That doesn't mean she completely disregards the idea of friends. Doesn't appear to understand most social cues and has a tendency to take metaphors literally. Also greatly enjoys studying animals and other living things. Doesn't like anyone mentioning she's not actually human.
Nature: Clara wants to discover and understand everything about the world around her, and sometimes sees relationships as obstacles to that goal. Is very literal minded and doesn't understand the intricacies of human interaction, but will make an effort at times. Her condition as a non-human doesn't really bother her that much, so long as no one mentions it or actively antagonizes her about it.
Description: A pale girl with blue eyes, freckles, and black hair. About average height at 5'2". Wears a set of horn-rimmed glasses that appear to be wired to her temples, a backpack that appears to be wired into her back, and clothing that suggests she doesn't have a lot of clothes to wear. Speaks with a soft Nebraskan accent.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
- An Apple Daily Repels Medical Personnel (3]; Brains): Clara is extremely fascinated by the human body, and has studied it as extensively as she can. Functionally, this means she can medically attend to any person's bodily malfunctions.
- One Foot Through the Doorway (3; Agility): Clara's not exactly a fighter. She abhors violence, and would prefer not to get in the way of people… expressing their displeasure. In the off chance she does become involved in a physical altercation, she's prepared to run or dodge in the opposite direction quickly.
- Curiosity Committed Felicide (3; Brains): A burning curiosity to discover new things and understand how they work can help one to keep their eyes out for things of note.
- Like Father Like Offspring (3; Brains): Having your father repair you on a semi-regular basis teaches you a few things about how your own body works. Clara's able to use this knowledge to make repairs on most minor mechanical and electronic equipment.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power or monster
- Swiss Army Mimicry (4): The human body is very limited in its form and function, so the ability to shift parts of you body into something more useful is a very handy thing. Clara has the ability to replace parts of her body with tools, whether it's simple medical instruments in place of her fingers or roller skates at the soles of her feet. She can also use this power to mimic aspects of living beings, such as people and animals.
- Philosophical Zombie (2): Clara is not human; she is an almost perfect replication of a human. She may be aware of this, but her body is programmed to functionally react to stimuli the same way a human's does. If she concentrates hard enough, she can command her body to ignore certain needs, such as the need to eat or drink, or certain reactions, such as pain or fear.
- A Scanner Optically (3): Sometimes there's more to see than what's shown to us; at least, that's what David Hill always used to say. In Clara's case, it's literal. She maintains the ability to see different spectrums of light, and scan her surroundings for information.
The side effect of your powers, not necessary.
- Some Assembly Required (Mild): David Hill prides himself on being the best electrician in Harrington; the words 'best' and 'only' being interchangeable. Clara's body, as a result of having been basically rebuilt and repaired by him throughout the years, is only about as structurally sound as duct tape and superglue can make it.
- Batteries Not Included (Severe): When Clara was first repaired by her Father, he used the first thing he had on hand as a power source, which was a car battery. While it's been modified over the years as Clara's gotten bigger, it's only holds so much charge before she shuts off completely. This also means that she's vulnerable to electric and electromagnetic attacks.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Modified Battery Backpack
- Pencils & Pens
- Notepads & Sketchbooks
- Battery charger
- Baseball cap
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Comic books
- Regular Books
- Pictures of family
- Potted plants
- One (1) Goldfish (Asimov)
- Mice cage
- Two (2) Mice (Yankee & Doodle)
- Some informative posters
- Star chart poster
In 2003, a burning object was spotted falling out of the sky near Harrington, Nebraska. Most residents were indoors at the time, and the few who weren't believed it to be a firework or something akin to a shooting star. When the crater was discovered, it was found that whatever had created it disappeared.
Approximately six months later, Clara Hill appeared. No birth certificate, no social security number, no medical records. It's as if she appeared out of thin air. She also had a strange appearance, always carrying around a backpack with wires that seemed to hook up directly into her back. David Hill, her father and the local electrician, explained it as a medical condition, which the small town of Harrington believed.
The girl didn't fit well in at school. She didn't make any friends and had a habit of getting into places she wasn't supposed to be. The way she spoke was also strange, often taking metaphors literally and speaking far above her level. Occasionally, she would get into these strange fits of twitching and sparking, at which point her father would have to take her home.
Eventually, the family moved to Lincoln where her father hoped she would fit in better with more educated people. Unfortunately, the father's cover story of her having a medical condition raised some issues with the more educated populace. The G.W.U. was eventually contacted, and Clara was taken away.
Her father begrudgingly let her go. He hoped at least they'd take her somewhere she'd fit in…
Any other information you think would be interesting.