Demeanor: Curious is his middle name. Open to all sorts of new things and different practices, Caspian just really likes people. He wants to open up to them, even if it's a little hard to at first.
Nature: Silent and very reserved about himself, Caspian doesn't usually give much information about himself and would rather spend the day learning about you than anything else. Anxiety creeps up on him when he meets newer people, and tends to be a little reserved, but once you get to know him, he opens up like a book.
Description: Caspian has a lithe, athletic and slim body that is constantly dripping wet. He has green eyes and brown hair. He stands at around 5'9".
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Athletics - (4) Agility - Caspian has quite literally been swimming his entire life. Besides, in a weightless environment, it's easy to learn how to keep your balance. Being able to float constantly is also a good way to become adept in your acrobatic abilities.
- I See The Sea - (4) Brains - Since his childhood, Caspian had been left alone in the open sea. Obviously, he knows about certain things. Now, the sea is a big place, so he doesn't know everything about it, but living in it for so long has taught him quite a few things. If it has to do with the water or the ocean, he's bound to know something about it.
- Close Combat - (2) Brawn - One might think this a strange thing for him to have such a skill in. when you think about it, Caspian has been living underwater his whole life. When fighting off predators, he likely had to resist the currents of the water. This would have resulted in him developing muscles that could help him fight the current of the water. Just imagine how that can translate on the surface. With virtually no resistance, he could probably pack a good punch. Plus, those weights really train those muscles.
- Yet Another Swimming-Related Skill - (4) Brawn - Of course, swimming constantly throughout your entire life does more than just make you agile and graceful, it can also give you a sort of simple, raw strength that can come in handy. Now, combat might be one thing, but using his raw strength is easier for him to do, since he hasn't really been trained to fight.
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
Ocean's Mercy - 4 - As a result of his foster mother's mercy, Caspian can live in any underwater environment for an indefinite period of time. therefore, he does not need to breathe, can move at alarming speeds under the water and has an astounding effect above the water. Caspian is able to float above the water as if still under it. The water he generates floats around him in suspension and he can jump around just as he could under the surface of the water.
Hydrokinesis - 3 - Caspian also has the mostly unique ability to control the movement of water and generate it from his body. there's no explanation as to why he can do this. He just can.
- The Obvious Problem (Mild) - Hydrokinesis comes with its difficulties. Electricity, for instance, is dangerous. It does twice as much damage to him. Because of how close he is to water, it spreads through his entire body in an instant, with a critically high chance of it passing through his heart. He's still human. It hurts. Another problem that occurs to this is he is twice as likely to be struck by electricity, because it's so easy for it to run through him. Caspian shouldn't go out in the rain during a thunderstorm. Ever.
- The Sound of Silence (Mild) - Yes. He is mute. Why is he mute? Nobody really knows. I mean, really. Is it because he doesn't know how to use his voice? Is it because he doesn't want to use his voice? Is it because he can't use his voice? It's a mystery.
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Ankle Weights
And everything that they keep in their dorm at Fifth Sanctum. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above may be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Many, many broken phones.
Caspian was found by the GWU in the Pacific Ocean in 2017 during a mission to seek out a supposed water child seen by life guards on the coast of California. He wasn't very welcoming to them, and catching him proved to be a difficult task, indeed. The boy had obviously lived in the ocean for his entire life. The only way they were able to capture him was using two large fishing nets to binding him and pull him out of the water. After that, he was taken to a secure location to be studied and not introduced to the student body of Sunnybrook. Caspian was given his name by researchers and given ankle weights to allow him to walk on land easily. They kept trying to ask the boy about himself and where he came from, who he was, but he only either nodded or shook his head to certain questions, never actually speaking. It wasn't until much later that Caspian had been shifted over to Fifth Sanctum when they were rescuing students. Only recently had he been introduced to the student populace.
- Caspian is always dripping wet. Although, it's not like he just came out of the pool. Usually, the water floats around him as if suspended in the air, just like how he's suspended in the water. This is also a problem, being wet. The GWU gave him a wetsuit that stops the water from continuously generating and floating around him. It evaporates once it hits the suit, basically making him steam all the time.
- His lack of speech has no known origin. It's unclear as to whether he simply doesn't want to speak or if he has a lack of proper ability to speak. Early on, it was debated as to whether he even knew any human languages, but it was discovered that he understands English. Why? Who knows. Caspian is a mystery.
- The name 'Caspian' was given to him by one of the GWU researchers assigned to him. It's supposed to mean 'ocean' or 'water' in some other language. Plus, it just sounds cool. the origin of his name isn't related to the Caspian Sea.
- The GWU has tried, again and again, to give him a phone that might work, in and out of water. Sometimes, he broke the phones on accident, some weren't truly waterproof enough to last too long under the water. It's just constantly failing. They gave up in giving him a phone and refused to go for supernatural means to do so.