Asami and Akemi have been moved to Lacerta dorm (2/3 of which is students with mental abilities) at their request, to get away from the pain of mistrust and hate shown for simply having mind-affecting powers. They tend to avoid students from Andromeda due to the bigotry they were shown there.
Name: 朝美と暁美 (Asami and Akemi)
Aliases: The Twins, Asake, Dawn Forester
XP Unspent/Total: 4/277
Brief Description: A pair of identical twins, Asami and Akemi speak in soothing tones, usually with an undercurrent of flirtation, and move and interact with a demeanor that just draws in attention and focus. Their physical appearance is beyond compare, enticing to even the most stoic hearts, and they seem to glow with warmth and affection. Asami keeps her straight black hair long enough to reach mid back, often letting it fall to half-cover one violet eye. Akemi, meanwhile, keeps hers to chin length, framing her oft open expression and welcoming smile.
- Asami tends to seem fairly shy and innocent when alone, but approachable and friendly if you're gentle with her. She's soft spoken and her demeanor can only be described as adorable. She seems able to draw in attention from the subconscious without others realizing it, while being oddly difficult to keep track of and remember to pay attention to consciously.
- Akemi tends to seem very outgoing and flirtatious, teasing others mercilessly and making them love it. Her body language seems practically tailored to evoke positive responses and make others want to stay with her. Even when she entices and teases though, there's a hint of genuine care, and a sense that she means to build others up with her playful interest.
Appearance: As a spirit closely linked to emotion, particularly affection, comfort, love and desire, it's no wonder that Asake* has the self image of a form that inspires exactly those sorts of feelings. Both of the twins stand at a little over 5'7" with lithe, athletic builds that still seem - and feel - very soft and cuddleable. Their physical appeal is beyond compare, outclassing even the most beautiful sidhe, and like many kitsune, they always smell pleasant and look clean, like their very skin repels dirt.
While Asake can appear completely human, at will she can reveal her true nature, a pair of vulpine ears adorning her head and nine pure white tails appearing behind her. Both of the girls usually keep this form, quite comfortable with what and who they are. They also have the option of becoming a fox of normal size, white with the same tail count.
Asami tends to wear dark, unassuming outfits, though she ensures they'll be flattering without drawing too much attention. Akemi has a fondness for skirts, even when they might be impractical, and dresses mostly in the same blacks, whites, and violets that Asami does, but on outfits that draw and keep a lot more attention - possibly partly to keep it off her 'sister' when she doesn't want to be noticed.
Personality: A kitsune who draws on and amplifies positive responses to herself, especially affection as mentioned, Asake can't help but have her subtle social cues alter themselves to best attract those she's with. Her ability to sense the emotions and desires of others amplifies this greatly, while on the surface any way she acts seems natural, never forced.
Asami gives the impression of a shy, innocent girl that you might expect to see in the corner of a library or lingering by the back wall at a dance, hoping someone might approach her but afraid of saying something wrong or making the first move. She's sweet and kind, and very friendly once she's sure that you won't abandon her if she makes a mistake. She certainly has an inner tease that will show itself around her friends, but usually she's content to watch, listen… and learn.
Akemi is overtly flirtatious, friendly, and a little mischievous, relentlessly teasing and basking in the attention and reactions of others. She has a predatory side, which tends to result in almost singular focus on her 'prey' to draw them in as much as possible while still making sure they enjoy the experience and aren't emotionally hurt by it - one must recall that at heart, the twins are spirits who feed on love and related emotions. For the most part though, they easily sate this need with the reactions of others in everyday life.
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes: Asami has taken up cooking and sewing, and Akemi shares these skills, but not so much the interest. Akemi enjoys practicing her knife throwing, while both enjoy playing about on gymnastics equipment and take to running most days. Far beyond all of this though, it can safely be said that the favorite activity of both sisters is interacting with other people - whether it be conversation, flirtation, observation, or all of the above, anything involving others is the best.
Brawn: 2 (Mass, Muscle, Endurance and Resilience)
Finesse: 6 (Coordination, Agility, Quickness and Grace)
Acuity: 6 (Comprehension, Clarity, Perceptiveness and Reasoning)
Resolve: 2 (Willpower, Concentration, Determination and Focus)
Charisma: 9 (Charm, Presence, Confidence and Poise)
Vitality Total: 12
Reflex Total: 14
Willpower Total: 16
Parry Roll: 9
Mundane DR: 12
Ability DR: 12
Equipped: Arachnoweave (3/3 Light, ignore 1 AP)
- Martial Arts - (1) Finesse
- Stability - (3) Charisma (Spirit replacement for Vitality)
- Reflex - (7) Finesse (Temp 8; +1 from Subconscious Flicker)
- Willpower - (7) Charisma
- Freedom - (2) Finesse
- Perception - (5) Acuity (Temp 6; +1 from Truthseer Glasses)
- Stealth - (3) Finesse
- Academics - (3) Acuity
- Performance - (1) Charisma
- Persuasion - (11) Charisma (Temp 12; +1 from Flirt Skirt)
- Occult Knowledge - (3) Acuity
- Artifact Design - (3) Acuity
- Magic - (3) Charisma (Comprehensive)
Heartseeker - 8 (Gift)
Asake can sense emotion, attention, and desires with exacting detail and clarity. With focus, she can sense nearby presences through this, and can usually detect Primals and other entities created from emotion at a fair distance.
Soul Caress - 7 (Power) Love me~ Please me~ Follow me~
Asake's mere presence can be mesmerizing, and a hint of intent lets her allure manipulate and shape the emotions and attention of others, as well as implant suggestions and desires. Emotions can be created even in entities that don't normally experience them. All uses of this power use Charisma. May cause Low Damage.
My Reality - 4 (Power)
Asake can create illusions and manipulate the senses, whether by making realistic phantasms that are visible to all, or altering what an individual or group perceives. May cause Medium Damage.
Deadly Flirtation - 9 (Gift) I don't need to take your heart; you'll offer it freely~
Asake can take the hearts and souls of others, the ultimate expression of siphoning energy from their emotions and capturing them as her own.
Shadow of Two Worlds - 2 (Gift)
Asake's form is not naturally physical, and she can inhabit the bodies of others, and possess the willing. Additionally, her ability to finely tune her level of physical presence in the world, along with her dual mind, let her manifest two bodies at once in close proximity to each other, and makes her a better at splitting her attention under stress.
- Spirit Nature (5) - Asake is a spirit; Vitality is replaced with Charisma-linked Stability, and she may shift to the spirit plane at will.
- Spirit's Bane (-5) - Asake has the limitations common to all spirits as well, and her affinity is emotion; see below.
- Affinity: Emotion (-1) - Asake's spirit affinity is emotion; she can venture fairly far from large sources, and positive emotions directed toward her are stronger than negative, or those directed at others. Even one person with absolute devotion and love for her, or a couple of people with very strong feelings of affection and friendship, is enough for a very short range.
- Manifestation (4) - Asake can manifest a body from her spirit energy, is able to use her tails for fine manipulation, and has a fox form in addition to her humanoid form.
- Immaterial Presence (5) - Asake has exceptional control over her level of presence in the physical world, and can move through solid objects and people at will, as well as view the spirit plane and physical world simultaneously if she wishes. While unmanifested, physical attacks do Psyche damage resisted by Willpower.
- Force of Personality (5) - Willpower is Charisma-linked.
- Transhuman Senses (3) - Who would honestly expect a fox spirit to have senses equal to a human?
- Empower: Persuade (2) - Asake's Persuade skill may be used to Assist most abilities with a touch, channeling her spirit energy through a simple sign of affection.
- Mental Schism (2) - Asake's mind is split between two personalities, while also having a slightly looser grasp on reality than some. She's quite resilient, recovering from long term influences completely over time, and more quickly than most since her mind partitions it off to a degree (influence lasting longer than 2 rounds has excess duration halved). She also can easily handle the mental stretch of being in two places at once, should that occur, with one personality occupying each spot.
- Histrionic (-4) - Asake feels a need to hold others' attention and consistently uses her appearance to do so, considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are, feels emotions more strongly than others and has more severe reactions than might be appropriate, and tends to be highly suggestible by those close to her if moderately attracted to them. Multiple flavor effects, and -3 Willpower against influence that she's subtly guided into and sounds appealing naturally.
- Effort Mastery (2) - Asake's Effort Retention depends solely on Finesse.
Total Currency: $2230 CAD
Several well-hidden yet easily accessible knives
About a dozen throwing needles in thigh sheaths
First aid kit
Custom heavy-duty gloves, surgical mask
"Arachnoweave" Armor (3 vs all)
Truthseer Glasses (+1 Perception)
Flirt Skirt (+1 Persuasion) x2
Subconscious Flicker (+1 Reflex)
Clean Air Fan
Quite a lot of custom clothes
Shelf with a few books
More knives and throwing needles
An abundance of tea in several varieties
Lots and lots of high quality rice and ingredients for sushi vinegar
A deck of tarot cards and a book on their readings
Magician tarot card from Mimalgos (Asake doesn't know what it is though)
Stock of supplies for spellcraft and artifact creation
Chimeric nails and feather
A huge stock of pixie dust
Silence Ward Stones x40 (8 set up in room)
Various minor artifacts that Akemi Former had made and left - being used mostly for study.
Arachnoweave Armor: A set of tights and a skintight long sleeved shirt, black in color, this is the best armor available for someone who wants the full flexibility they're used to.
Flirt Skirt: A skirt infused with the power of a certain kitsune, ensuring it moves in just the right way while helping the wearer attract attention and make the right subtle social cues to be just a little more persuasive.
Truthseer Glasses: A pair of glasses that help filter and focus the senses.
Subconscious Flicker: A hairclip made specially for manifesting spirits to nudge them to occasionally 'flicker' in dangerous situations just when they might have been harmed.
XP and AdvancementAdvancement:
Additional InformationBibliography / History: