Player: Daniel`MystiqNot the name of your character
Demeanor: Usually bubbly, friendly, and outgoing. After spending almost a half a year secluded in his home due to the nature of his ability and fear of recurrence of the incident in which the power manifested he is eager to socialize again.
Nature: What you see is mostly what you get, his outside demeanor and his nature are mostly the same, though the seclusion resulting from the onset of his powers have resulted in some depression and loneliness that he tries very hard to hide away. He believes that most people are basically good, and is willing to give just about anyone a chance. He has more then a bit of vanity, and some attention seeking tendencies, a fact reflected in his clothing selections which tend to be a bit offbeat, bright, and colorful, and brightly dyed hair.
Description: Short, and thin, with an androgynous appearance, he could easily be mistaken for the opposite gender, a fact his usual clothing choices do nothing to help. Clothing is usually tight, colorful, and originating from the female section of the store or online marketplace. His hair goes through frequent color changes, usually cut neck length with bangs that hang in his eyes.
HP and Psyche start at 6, can't raise during creation, but add 1/2 of Brawn to HP.
Brawn, Agility and Brains start at 1 each, starting cap 4, total cap 6, and you get 5 points to distribute among them.
Things your character is good at, things normal people can do
Skills rolls add their associated stat as well (Brawn, Agility or Brains). You get 12 points to spend on skills at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 6.
- Knife Play - (4) Agility A ne'er do well ex boyfriend taught Angel some basics of working with a knife, assuming the diminutive teen would be better off with a means to defend himself, along with the basics of knife throwing. (Knife Combat)
- Deep Thunkin' - (4) Mind Much, much time ingesting hallucinogenics and reading / watching science fiction has lead to many nights of letting thoughts chase themselves in circles around his brain. Usually stonery thoughts about the universe, reincarnation, and dimensional whatnots without much 'real world' application, but given problems involving the occult, other worldly, or extra-dimension things in nature it could prove useful. (Anomalous Knowledge)
- Taking it in Stride- (4) Mind The same near constant exposure to his hallucinogenics and the mellow nature of their effect could provide some resilience when exposed to things of otherworldly nature that might freak out, or even break the mind of a person containing a more mundane though process. (Willpower)
These are things you're character accomplishes via their power.
Abilities/Powers should be fairly broad, but look at other characters for good examples. They can grow over time, so don't worry if you start on the small side! You get 7 points to spend on powers at creation, with a starting cap of 4 and total cap of 7. Powers add your Tier to their rolls, usually.
** Biological Hallucinogen Production - 4** - In times of stress, and moments of fear or danger Angel produces a potent hallucinogenic compound from his skin like a nervous sweat. This substance is unusual in that it matches no known chemical compound, and seems to have the sedation, and euphoria inducing qualities of a powerful opiate,as well as the mind and perception altering effects of a hallucinogen. Effects can last anywhere from 4 to 8 hours depending on amount of exposure, the metabolism of the person exposed, and other personal variables. Effects themselves can also be variable depending on the person exposed, and their mindset at the time, but generally include a euphoric sense of well being, a confusion of senses, strange thought patterns, and visual distortions like those associated with typical hallucinogenic chemicals. A gland underneath Angels tongue also allows him to spit a thin, pressurized stream of his hallucinogen to a distance of about ten feet or so.
** Shamanic Insight - 3** - Though he has not yet realized the extent of this ability, while under the influence of his hallucinogen Angel sometimes receives visions pertaining to events occurring in the world at large, his own life, or those of the people around him. Sometimes presented in cryptic code, sometimes obvious, blunt imagery he has so far brushed these occurrences off as coincidence, deja vu, or just the confusion of a stoned out mind.
Things that cause problems for your character, often side effect of your powers (or of having your powers), not necessary. Not just 'limitations' of your powers.
- Addictive Personality (Fluff)
- Addiction- After finding he was not completely immune, and could enjoy the effects of his hallucinogen if ingested or introduced to the blood through other means (like the eyes) Angel has gone a long time consuming the compound on a regular basis, and would most likely go through severe withdrawls if he were somehow separated from his ability. (Minor)
- Physical Weakness- Short, and built like a twelve year old girl Angel isn't going to be intimidating anyone with his size, or preforming impressive feats of strength. (Minor)
List everything your character carries on their person here. Be reasonable.
- Messenger Bag - A black shoulder bag bearing a pattern on its front flap picturing multicolored stars of varying sizes, with some swirling colors in the background.
- Happy Candy - A large bag of Gummi Bears marked with a happy face sticker which have been liberally soaked in his hallucinogen, and then dried. Intended for personal consumption.
- Cigarette holder - Double sided, the arm which holds the smokes on one side is marked with a tiny happy face sticker, to note them as 'extra happy'
- Cigarettes, some of which have been dosed with drops of hallucinogen.
- Throwing Knives - A small set of basic metal throwing knives, some have been soaked in Angels hallucinogenic compound and are stored in a separate pocket of his bag.
- Lighter - A zippo style lighter marked with a blue star on its front.
- Flashlight - A small, palm sized LED flashlight
- Wallet - A velcro wallet picturing an old pulp magazine image of a clunky robot bearing an unconscious damsel in its arms.
And everything that they keep in their dorm at SunnyBrook. Anything that's not listed here or in the section above will be difficult for the character to retrieve.
- Glow stars - The ceiling and upper walls of his dorm have been covered in cheap, glow in the dark stars, the kind sold in novelty shops.
- "Trippy Toys" - A set of black lights, strobe light, infinite mirrors, and plasma balls among other things, the kind that are found all over novelty shops like "Spencer's Gifts"
- Discount Sound System: A small cd player and radio box rigged with cheap surround sound speakers placed around the dorm.
- Music - In addition to digital music he has a selection of CD's as well, mostly Psychedelic Rock, strange Funk Rock, and Electronica, though there are a few that break this genre mold
- Movie collection: a few DVD's and Bluray's mostly either science fiction or animation.
- Posters - His room is also decorated in a series of posters, mostly either black light responsive and bearing psychedelic patterns and fractals, or advertising old sci-fi B movies like "The Lobster that ate Manhattan"
- Clothing - a large collection of odd, colorful clothing.
- Boots / Shoes - A couple pair of kneehigh, platformed boots of various design, and a pair of more sensible sneakers that rarely see use.
From a young age, his enthusiastic, bright personality usually managed to win him a small circle of close friends that shifted sometimes as the children grew and ascended through the grades of their local school. He was raised by loving parents, to whom he "came out" at 13, and was accepted completely and without much surprise. The early years of high school were average, with average grades, much partying, some awkward hook-ups, and even a steady boyfriend or two. His unique ability manifested at 15, during physical education. During a volley ball game some sweat dripped into Angel's eyes, and a few moments later the boy fell back to land on his ass completely stupefied. Those who came into physical contact attempting to help fell to a similar fate, and eventually an ambulance was called. Gloved paramedics were able to get Angel and the suffering students to the hospital, and by the time he reached it he had ceased producing the hallucinogen, and seemed physically fine, though mentally dazed. A brief examination by a doctor found nothing physically wrong, and after being kept overnight for observation he was allowed to return home. The school explained the incident off as a mysterious gas leak, and preformed unneeded maintenance on the pipes to show they were doing something, but most of those who experienced the effect did not quite believe the story. Angel came clean to his parents immediately, unsure of what to do, and they decided to pull him from the school and finish his schooling at home. For most of a half a year or so Angel kept to the house, usually doing required school work and then retreating to his room to spend a night "surfing the cosmos with his miiiiiind" …which usually meant ingesting hallucinogen laced candy, listening to music, and letting his thoughts chase themselves in circles. Eventually from the odd report of the gas leak, and the strange interviews with effected persons a pair of GWU agents traced Angel to his home. His acquisition into Sunnybrook went completely without incident, explaining thte nature of the establishment, and honey coating the shit out of it, it sounded to his parents like the ideal place for their son, and after a talk with him agreed that he should attend. For a few nights prior to the day the agents visited Angel's nightly trip contained reoccurring imagery of being lead to unknown destinations by a pair of nebulous, individuals exuding a mysterious, but benevolent aura. This along with other small visions granted by his newly emerging power have so far been brushed off as strange cases of deja vu, or simply 'stoner thoughts'.
His choice of clothing is usually flamboyant, and color coordinated
He is gay. Very, very gay.