Name: 皆見 愛子 (Minami Aiko)
Aliases: Minako, Kazeninotte-goe, Koe, Sasayaki, Hitomi
XP Unspent/Total: 6/212
Brief Description: Aiko is a medium-height, very slim-framed Japanese girl with reddish-auburn hair and a black blindfold covering her eyes. She's almost always barefoot if indoors, and is probably wearing mostly black.
Appearance: Seventeen year old Minami Aiko stands about 5'5" with a petite frame and pale skin. She has fairly sharp features for a Japanese girl, and genetically-abnormal reddish-auburn hair that falls about chin length when unbound. If one were able to see her eyes, they'd be a pale green… assuming one ignored the scarring and chemical burns on and around them. As it is, she always wears a simple black blindfold, aside from rare occasions when she dons more fancy ones. Almost all of her clothes match, in the form of white, grey or black shirts, black skirts or pants, and either white knee-high socks with black shoes in public, or barefoot whenever she can get away with it.
Personality: Aiko is a true recluse, slow to trust or make real friends, but cordial with those she doesn't feel threatened by. She hates being treated as fragile because of her blindness, but secretly laments how many things she might miss out on or never experience. This is why she aims for adventure however she can, even if it's only simulated - though her background in detective work is the source she finds the most joy in. Under the somewhat tsundere exterior, she does actually like a degree of closeness with friends - it can just be hard to reach that point, with a few exceptions.
Hobbies, Likes and Dislikes: Aiko takes joy in video games, detective work, learning, and really most anything computer related. She likes plums, spicy food, and being barefoot, while she can't stand dogs or most strong smells, and has a fear of men that sometimes makes her lash out.
Brawn: 1 (Mass, Muscle, Endurance and Resilience)
Finesse: 4 (Coordination, Agility, Quickness and Grace)
Acuity: 7 (Comprehension, Clarity, Perceptiveness and Reasoning)
Resolve: 5 (Willpower, Concentration, Determination and Focus)
Charisma: 2 (Charm, Presence, Confidence and Poise)
Vitality Total: 5
Reflex Total: 10
Willpower Total: 11
Parry Roll: 6
Mundane DR: 8
Ability DR: 7
Equipped: Reinforced Jacket (3/2)
- Fencing - (2) Finesse
- Reflex - (6) Finesse
- Willpower - (6) Resolve
- Perception - (9) Acuity (Temp 10; +1 from Key)
- Stealth - (3) Finesse
- Academics - (6) Acuity
- Analysis - (11) Acuity (Temp 12; +1 from Key)
- Computers - (11) Acuity (Temp 12; +1 from LAI)
- Social - (3) Charisma
- Occult Knowledge - (3) Acuity
- Artifact Design - (1) Acuity
The Signal - 7 (Power)
Aiko can mentally interface and communicate with anything electronic, most notably computers, and interprate their data effortlessly - she's a full range technopath. She is also able to perceive, interpret, and potentially intercept signals in general, even outside of a device.
Sensory Link - 3 (Gift)
Aiko can initialize a connection to other living minds through touch, much like she can interface with computers and the like at range. Once a connection is made, she can sustain it without contact, but this touch telepathy is limited to sharing sensory information and acting as a bridge to let her pull others into VR or project information into their field of view as if they were using AR.
Intuitive Comprehension - 6 (Power)
Aiko possesses a sort of insight, giving her a comprehensive, intuitive understanding of how things and people work if they enter what would be her field of view, were she not blind. She cannot turn this off, though covering her eyes with something porous, such as a cloth blindfold, lets her focus through it or keep it at bay at will.
Semi-Digital Mind - 5 (Power)
Aiko's mind mimics a computer nearly as much as a human's natural processes, taking the best of both and seamlessly blending them into a single consciousness.
Machine's Lifeblood - 3 (Power)
Aiko can sense, generate, and control electricity at will, as well as absorb or redirect it if it comes in contact with her, effectively rendering her immune to harm from it.
- Blind (-4) - Aiko's eyes are physically damaged beyond repair, and she'll never see with them again.
- Transhuman Senses (3) - Despite her blindness, Aiko's other senses are far more than enough to compensate, and then exceed what most anyone else can perceive even with sight.
- Determination. (3) - Frail though she may be, Aiko doesn't give up easily - flip the roles of Resolve and Brawn in regard to calculating Health.
- Mind Over Matter (5) Aiko keeps her focus even under the worst circumstance, and with the help of her abilities keeps her body just as fit. Use Resolve for Vitality.
- Eidetic Memory (5) Aiko's memory is utterly perfect. She never needs to roll to recall something witnessed or to retrieve information from memory unless pressed for time, in which case she gets +3 to remember, and her memory is always accurate if recalled.
- Effort Mastery (2) Aiko's Effort Retention depends solely on Finesse.
- Focus Mastery (3) Aiko's Focus Retention depends solely on Acuity.
Total Currency: $2265 CAD
Two smart phones, high-end
E-reader with her school books, several technical manuals, and a few novels
Laptop computer (and backpack for it)
A white telescoping titanium cane
A niobium chain necklace with Sara's key
Clean Air Fan
Reinforced Jacket (3/2 Light Armor)
LAI: Computer Assistant (+1 Computers)
AR Glasses (Did you think the inventor wouldn't have a pair?)
Animal Headband (Cat)
Emergency Stim Pack x1
Fully equipped queen size futon
Desktop computer with the contents of at least two libraries
Several changes of clothes
Electric tea kettle
Entirely too many noodle soup bowls, most of them spicy
3 extra phones
Reinforced Jacket, LAI: Computer
XP and Advancement
Additional InformationBibliography / History: